shape
carat
color
clarity

OctoNus MSU breakthrough

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sergey and Yuri have made an amazing new discovery 9over the past 2 years) that radically changes the ray tracing approcah.

Sergey will send anyone who declares their name and interest, company etc and email address to him - a pre publication short but very complex doc about it all.

Recommended reading for all Cut Nuts (even if it is too hard to understand even after 5 reads
sad.gif
)

[email protected]

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
I am glad it was difficult for you too Garry
1.gif

At first I needed to ask clarification to the virtual facet.

Ca you or Serg explain me the graphs, somehow I do not fully understand them.

What is I=10 ?

Yuri

Rough_Rock
Virtual facet is a part of diamond facet that reflects light beam in one direction. We can see virtual facets when intersect crown and pavilion (with refraction).

I = 10 % means: no more than 90 % of attenuation of source brightness because virtual facet acts as diaphragm.

In the most cases this attenuation will be less because the maximal attenuation is achieved on border of a light cone.

Sorry, I am going on two week vacation
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ick, will someone sometime summarize the findings for those of us who are interested but who have more than once found herself drowning in the middle of one of your more technical discussions? Please?
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results