shape
carat
color
clarity

*Occupy Wall Street*

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/74737

click on the 94.1 station indicator to the upper left and have a listen to understand why government is for and run by the corporations and political allies.......this is an interview with catherine austin fitts. then talk to me about how great government regulation works, how all we need to do is go to the voting ballot, etc. those that can't take the time to listen are not doing themselves a favor.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1320432085|3054042 said:
HollyS|1320430888|3054023 said:
"Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gee, what a surprise. Personally, I'm flumoxed and flabbergasted. Shocked, I tell you. Just shocked. :o :bigsmile:

Oh, kids. It is organized. Just by the wrong people, for the wrong reasons. Do you really need to be hit over the head to understand?

:lol:

1. Your source isn't exactly unbiased. ;))
2. Adbusters was actually the impetus behind the OWS movement.
3. Even if this were true (and I highly doubt it is), who cares? Fox News organized the Tea Party protests. It's not as if movements spring up magically without anyone organizing them.

Brave words for a gal who thinks The Huffington Post is unbiased, truthful journalism. :lol: :cheeky:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
UnluckyTwin|1320511646|3054630 said:
Oy. I'm going to have to stop reading this thread. If the people who are opposed to OWS can't even get one simple thing right, I have no hope that they'll ever reasonably understand the social, economic, and political issues involved. What is the one simple thing? THAT WE ARE NOT ALL JOBLESS, DRUM-BANGING, POT-SMOKING HIPPIES VANDALIZING AND DEFECATING IN PUBLIC WHILE LOOKING FOR A HANDOUT BECAUSE WE DON'T WORK OR PAY TAXES. No matter how much information there is in this thread, in the news, or online that MOST of us are employed and pay taxes (and heck, some of us are on your diamond forums and until now you considered us smart and "normal" people like you!), you people just refuse to listen. If I can't expect you to be open-minded enough to stop stereotyping and start opening your mind to little tiny pieces of factual information, I have no hope for you. When you actually are open to a good-faith conversation (Read: willing to admit you are wrong about something), I'll be back. I hope others will take the same step I am taking in refusing to continue engaging with people who are mean-spirited and refuse to budge on any little issue despite evidence to the contrary. Trying to argue with people who won't reason is like trying to administer medicine to dead people.

THIS is the one simple thing that creates the problem of discussion for you -- the belief that anyone here said ALL people involved in the protests were "jobless, drumbanging, pot smoking vandals defecating in public". No one made that observation. Not all people involved are there for the wrong reasons, or to get their kicks. Even those of us who disagree with the protests have acknowledged that.

Generalizations do have a way of being polarizing. . .and now you're guilty of it. Good for you for summing up every ounce of self-righteous indignation you possess to tell us we're stereotyping people. Typical. :roll:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beebrisk|1320375027|3053646 said:
Pete Seeger and the Dead on my iPod, too!

I'm not sure what's on Holly's iPod (if she has an iPod), but we've discussed music enough during enough Christmas seasons to know that we share a lot of the same taste in Christmas music. I probably have ten versions of, "Dona Nobis Pacem" on my iPod and I know Holly well enough to know that she would enjoy most of them!

Music can make strange bedfellows!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1320530250|3054776 said:
beebrisk|1320375027|3053646 said:
Pete Seeger and the Dead on my iPod, too!

I'm not sure what's on Holly's iPod (if she has an iPod), but we've discussed music enough during enough Christmas seasons to know that we share a lot of the same taste in Christmas music. I probably have ten versions of, "Dona Nobis Pacem" on my iPod and I know Holly well enough to know that she would enjoy most of them!

Music can make strange bedfellows!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

And I'm a Pete Seeger fan! :wavey: (And Mary, and Paul.) I love Bach, and that is a particularly wonderful piece! Or were you talking about Mozart? Both had a composition with this name.

I can fully appreciate the common ground we do share, many of us, here on PS. Politics and religion are dicey subjects, and we get a bit worked up. Since thing2 has these dust ups on a regular basis with her family, she should just think of me as her sister. :bigsmile: :wink2:

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
HollyS|1320513372|3054644 said:
UnluckyTwin|1320511646|3054630 said:
Oy. I'm going to have to stop reading this thread. If the people who are opposed to OWS can't even get one simple thing right, I have no hope that they'll ever reasonably understand the social, economic, and political issues involved. What is the one simple thing? THAT WE ARE NOT ALL JOBLESS, DRUM-BANGING, POT-SMOKING HIPPIES VANDALIZING AND DEFECATING IN PUBLIC WHILE LOOKING FOR A HANDOUT BECAUSE WE DON'T WORK OR PAY TAXES. No matter how much information there is in this thread, in the news, or online that MOST of us are employed and pay taxes (and heck, some of us are on your diamond forums and until now you considered us smart and "normal" people like you!), you people just refuse to listen. If I can't expect you to be open-minded enough to stop stereotyping and start opening your mind to little tiny pieces of factual information, I have no hope for you. When you actually are open to a good-faith conversation (Read: willing to admit you are wrong about something), I'll be back. I hope others will take the same step I am taking in refusing to continue engaging with people who are mean-spirited and refuse to budge on any little issue despite evidence to the contrary. Trying to argue with people who won't reason is like trying to administer medicine to dead people.

THIS is the one simple thing that creates the problem of discussion for you -- the belief that anyone here said ALL people involved in the protests were "jobless, drumbanging, pot smoking vandals defecating in public". No one made that observation. Not all people involved are there for the wrong reasons, or to get their kicks. Even those of us who disagree with the protests have acknowledged that.

Generalizations do have a way of being polarizing. . .and now you're guilty of it. Good for you for summing up every ounce of self-righteous indignation you possess to tell us we're stereotyping people. Typical. :roll:

UnluckyTwin:
Like Holly S., I don't believe anyone here said ALL OWS supporters are pot-smoking slackers...

That said, find me ONE shred of evidence of vandalism or public defecation at a Tea Party rally and I'll show you an ENTIRE group of grass-roots activists consistently accused of much, much worse: racist, redneck, uneducated and illiterate. All that, wrapped up and labeled "Teabagger" (Nice gay slur from the folks who will contend they are much too tolerant and fair and open minded to be homophobic ).

If you recall, the Tea Party, in it's entirety was blamed for the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords, despite every shred of evidence that it was the act of a lone nut job, with ZERO ties to the Tea Party, a registered independent, and by the way, despised George W. Bush. It was that incident that prompted the President (in an act that was beneath contempt--even for him!) to call for a "new era of civility", further promoting the notion that the Tea Party was complicit in that horrific act.

But why should that stop you from your assertion that anyone who disagrees with you is beyond reason, hopeless, mean-spirited, and closed-minded?.

Holly S: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results