shape
carat
color
clarity

Obsessed with Halo''s- HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessre

Rough_Rock
Okay, this is my first post and I have to thank all of you for sharing your gorgeous jewelry. Amazing!!

So now I am obsessed with halos. I've got a 1.85 F RB VVS2 that is in an amazing delicate Tiffany-style setting right now. I am so tempted to reset it in a Leon Mege from seeing all of your wonderful rings, but I don't know if I should. I like the antique look, and also am experiencing a bit of shrinkage. So here is what I'm thinking:

1. Leon Mege octagonal halo similar to Cute's beautiful one (I'll try to repost -- hope you don't mind)
2. Danhov split-shank halo (found this on Jamesallen.com-- does anyone have any experience with either vendor or designer?)
3. D. Vatche halo
4. Do nothing

I don't want mess with a good thing, but it would be great if the ring could look more spectacular. Is there a chance that the center stone would actually look smaller (?) with the halo? HELP!!

princessre

Rough_Rock
(this is cute''s ring-- hope you don''t mind me reposting. it''s beautiful)

DSC06464sophia.jpg

princessre

Rough_Rock
this is the danhov split shank (round instead of octagonal like above)

1cutebarin.gif

princessre

Rough_Rock
this is the d. vatche

222222sophia.jpg

princessre

Rough_Rock
or maybe this (with small airline) courtesy of threepwood (hope you don''t mind- gorgeous ring!)

DSCF0652a234.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love the second one you posted...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the Leon Mege (the first one)!!!
30.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hi princessre, Thanks for posting my ring.. I dun think that adding a halo makes the diamond smaller. The reason, I got the halo in the 1st place was because I was having major shrinkage and there was no way my husband would let me upgrade anytime soon. The halo really helped wit my shrinkage. If you do decided to get a halo, just make sure u tell the jeweller to have the halo proportional to the diamond.
4.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Halo''s are just beautiful. I just love them. However, before you switch your ring, try on as many halo types as possible, and also other style setting that may help with shrinkage (i.e. three-stone, side-stone)...... You want the PERFECT setting!

I went with a halo, which I thought I would LOVE, and ended out not liking it (this does not happen often)...

I just wanted to let you know my experience....

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hey Halo-lover! I too love 'em, and especially for the illusion it can create. I get stopped and complemented on the street, literally, because the sparkle! I agree with UCLABelle, try on lots and lots, and then decide!

HAVE FUN!

~I wish I could do it all over again!~

acegirlbda

Rough_Rock
I think a halo makes the stone look much bigger. It really depends who does it though. I must have looked at hundreds before I finally decided to have Leon Mege copy a Tiffany halo for me.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I have the Danhov bezel set halo ering from James Allen and I love it. Unfortunately I'm a terrible photographer and have never gotten good pcitures of it. The closest I can come is this cheesy wedding photo. The center stone is 1.09 ct. and I have the matching wedding band. I also have big bear paws for hands- size 8.5.

1p112.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, I think that''s a GREAT wedding pic!! :)

Anyhoo - here''s an example of how the halo made my stone 1.14ct, look WAY bigger:
Spread1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results