shape
carat
color
clarity

O color diamond with yellow diamond halo?

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I remember a ring from a few years back that had an O color round diamond in the center of a yellow diamond halo. Does anyone remember it and know how I might find pictures of it? I have tried a couple of searches but I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. I'm thinking it might have been a Good Old Gold stone.

I have an L/M colored diamond that I have been wanting to reset for years, but I'm not sure what to do with it. It is round and approx. 2.5 carats. I generally don't care for yellow gold that much, but I am worried that white gold or platinum will make the diamond look even more yellow. I'm contemplating trying to bring out the yellow more with a yellow halo, but I'm not sure if an L/M color diamond is yellow *enough* for that. Any thoughts?

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
It's still there. It's the only Q color there. Are you getting it?

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I didn't realize it was a Q color; thought it was an O. I am not getting it but am trying to figure out what to do with my L/M colored diamond. That Q really is gorgeous, though!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I'd play up the pale yellow color of your stone with a bright white melee (halo). DBL has a Y/Z color round in a yellow gold halo with white diamond melee on youtube that's AMAZING!!

Can't post links to youtube but you can google search this (or search it on youtube) to see it:
.96ct Y-Z Natural Light Yellow Round Brilliant Diamond Platinum/18kt Halo Ring GIA

I think colorless melee draws out the yellow more than a yellow diamond halo would.

Diamonds by Lauren yellow halo.JPG

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Here's EricaD's 2.36 M/N color OEC in a gorgeous Singlestone setting. :love: (hope she doesn't mind me posting it :) )

I really love lower color stones with bright white melee/side stones. Yum!

EricaD OEC.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a white diamond halo will help bring out your stone's warmth more than a yellow halo.

I have an O/P OMC that I set in rose gold, and my jeweler put a surprise fancy vivid yellow diamond set under the culet. I told my jeweler I really wanted the warmth of the stone to come through, so my jeweler chose to put in the surprise yellow stone to help achieve that and I think it really worked.

Here's my SMTB thread in case you want to see some pictures:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ique-cushion-upgrade.158760/?hilit=it's here!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I think that a white halo enhances the color of the center stone and makes it show its color more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results