shape
carat
color
clarity

My visit to XIV in Beverly Hills

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Follow me in my quest for my perfect (for me) setting. Here's my first post: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-visit-to-single-stone.156779/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-visit-to-single-stone.156779/[/URL]

I never even bothered trying on halos because I thought I wouldn't like them on me, but this one was pretty fantastic. The customer service at XIV Karat is horrible and made me realize how much I adored my visit to SS, but this ring was pretty fantastic and less expensive than SS's (also custom made to each order). The stone is super yellow (why would they do that??) but it's the same size as mine. These photos will all be sideways because they're taken with my iPhone, so bear with me. . . . so what do you think?

photo.JPG

photo-4.JPG

photo-3.JPG

photo-2.JPG

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the ring. I went to XIV Karat when I was trying to decide on a setting as well. I wasn't impressed at all. I initially wanted
to see Katherine James and they didn't have any of her pieces even though they had told me on the phone that they did. I got
a really creepy vibe in that store.

I love the halo on you, but I am not sure I would buy from them. I know it is supposed to be a great store but I wasn't impressed at
all. If you didn't like their customer service, I would keep looking.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The profile for this one is what blows me away. The other halos I've seen are really dull in the profile IMHO

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I really like this ring on you, Athena. The profile is GORGEOUS and the halo seems to really suit the stone size. The proportions are great on your hand. For some reason, although I really have loved SS jewelry that has been posted, the ring you tried on earlier today didn't really stand out like this one. Just my opinion. :wink2:

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
Love it! Especially the band sitting flush- I'm not a huge fan of gaps myself...
Sorry the service was so poor- you would think they would be proud/happy to show off beauties like that!!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
oneandahalfrock|1298158477|2855626 said:
Love it! Especially the band sitting flush- I'm not a huge fan of gaps myself...
Sorry the service was so poor- you would think they would be proud/happy to show off beauties like that!!!
I think they were mad that I wasn't buying the center stone

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
athenaworth|1298159117|2855630 said:
Did you ask them what color that center is...?
It looks like a O or lower they were trying to pass off as a fancy by using the white halo to enhance the color...
Do you know what the size was by chance? I'm just curious- the only stone I have haloed is my little .91 carat- forgot off the top of my head if it was a L or K- in my avatar.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
oneandahalfrock|1298159776|2855634 said:
athenaworth|1298159117|2855630 said:
Did you ask them what color that center is...?
It looks like a O or lower they were trying to pass off as a fancy by using the white halo to enhance the color...
Do you know what the size was by chance? I'm just curious- the only stone I have haloed is my little .91 carat- forgot off the top of my head if it was a L or K- in my avatar.
It's a 2.5. I bet you're right, the were totally trying to pass it off as fancy.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I didn't post in your other thread but I have to say, I love this one way better than the SS setting! It looks gorgeous on your hand!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you think the halo makes that sized stone too ridiculously big?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I can be honest? This setting seems very average to me, in comparison to the Singlestone one. JMO.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is something that bothers me about the halo...either too much metal or the halo needs to be smaller. I've just seen halos that I like better on large stones, such as the one Leon Mege does. I need to go look at your SS thread, though.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I must confess that I vote for this one over the SS one. I also am not a fan of gaps. A gap would annoy me over time.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1298165745|2855707 said:
There is something that bothers me about the halo...either too much metal or the halo needs to be smaller. I've just seen halos that I like better on large stones, such as the one Leon Mege does. I need to go look at your SS thread, though.
I was actually thinking it was a little too much metal too. I told the guy that and he said they could take off some of the metal, but I would need it "channel" set to match my wring.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really like the SS one better, it is more unique. If you go with a halo be sure its the look you really want. I got my halo a little over a year ago and thought I could never want anything else but I missed the look of a solitaire. Thank goodness DH gifted me with my new solitaire. I love my halo but not for an ering. I feel like halos are the "it" thing right now and am not sure they will be for long.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer this setting to the one from SS. Have you thought about contacting Steven Kirsch from Timeless Luxury to see about having something like this made for your stone? You could specify exactly how large or small the halo stones should be and from looking at the work he did on Frankie's mother's ring, there would be no worries about extra metal and such.

It definitely makes for a different look that a four or six prong solitaire ring!

stci

Ideal_Rock
This one hands down Athena! Really gorgeous! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1298211676|2855927 said:
I personally prefer this setting to the one from SS. Have you thought about contacting Steven Kirsch from Timeless Luxury to see about having something like this made for your stone? You could specify exactly how large or small the halo stones should be and from looking at the work he did on Frankie's mother's ring, there would be no worries about extra metal and such.

It definitely makes for a different look that a four or six prong solitaire ring!

Yes, if you want a halo, I would look at Frankie's redone ring by SK. It is gorgeous! I think it is a step up in quality, to be honest.

One more thing, I would be hesitant about 3 sided pave for a lot of reasons..durability as well as the diamonds scratching the ring next to it. Also, more stones to lose!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1298165496|2855700 said:
If I can be honest? This setting seems very average to me, in comparison to the Singlestone one. JMO.
Total ditto... the SS one is much more unique. This one is... well, you see them a *lot*. It is a pretty design, but it doesn't do a lot for me personally. I did like the SS one quite a bit.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a pretty ring/design. It looks like it's a bit high, though...I would worry about bumping it into things.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MC|1298233169|2856109 said:
It's a pretty ring/design. It looks like it's a bit high, though...I would worry about bumping it into things.
If it's going to sit flush, it has to be high. My current setting is pretty high too, so I think I would be ok with that. At least the diamond is protected.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Good job in doing your homework and trying on different styles of rings. I really really like this ring, especially the profile. But SS does have such beautiful pieces maybe Ari can make you an antique style halo?

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, I just love this one! Must go check that shop out! Do you mind me asking the price range for this setting? I like this one much more then the SS one. It looks great on you! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Envyme|1298276520|2856436 said:
Oh wow, I just love this one! Must go check that shop out! Do you mind me asking the price range for this setting? I like this one much more then the SS one. It looks great on you! :love:
I'd you go, be prepared to not be treated well unless you're willing to throw down nigh bucks BUT they have a huge selection. The setting was $3500, which is an awesome price, IMHO. I'm thinking of asking about take g the sides done to 2mm and a little smaller halo. It may increase the price though because it's more custom.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results