shape
carat
color
clarity

NY legalizes gay marriage

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I was at a Human Resources conference last year, and in the class about domestic partners and rights it was brought to our attention that 20 states allow you to marry your first cousin (mine being one of them), yet only a handful will let you marry your same sex partner. That just strikes me as completely wrong!

Go NY! Let's hope more follow.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
MustangGal said:
I was at a Human Resources conference last year, and in the class about domestic partners and rights it was brought to our attention that 20 states allow you to marry your first cousin (mine being one of them), yet only a handful will let you marry your same sex partner. That just strikes me as completely wrong!

Go NY! Let's hope more follow.

... I'm beginning to question this whole "morality" factor...
Anyway,
Law goes into effect July 25th!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This is great! :appl:

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Go NY! Very happy for them. :appl:

Sad that Australia, a country where there is a huge population of homosexuals haven't legalized gay marriage. Shame on us seriously. :((

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Congrats NYer's, it's about time!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I'm excited people can have civil unions now :) However, the only thing that very slightly bothers me is that everyone keeps referring to it as gay marriage when marriage is still defined by most religions as between a man and woman. If the religions were to change it then I'd be cool with referring to it that way but as of right now it's more of a rights issue than a religious one and I believe we all have the right to be with the one we love in union :) I'll be interested to see if more religions end up changing how they think about it...Way to go New York!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results