shape
carat
color
clarity

NY Diamond Vendors

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, those are enough!!! You don't need to go farther than that because most of these guys have access to the same suppliers! You can't just drop in to some of those without an appointment, and most would have to call in stones for you to look at. I think it is a mistake to expect them all to do that (although I assume you are meeting with Steven K about settings?). I am relatively certain they would not all be available on a Saturday, nor would it even be possible time-wise to go to all of them. You would have to have appointments for sure.

Your requirements are so restrictive that you may not find much to look at. But GOG has one that appears close:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8130/

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
I have already scheduled appointments for all 4 of the above but i have lots of time left. I know theres plenty of vendors in the diamond district. Steven and Leon I'm meeting for the setting. The other two is for the stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You scheduled appointments with those 4 in one day? You aren't allowing enough time in each one, then. I'd probably spend the day at GOG looking at all the types of cushions they have! Leon has beautiful antique cushions, too. Leon, GOG, and Mark T supply most of the cushions we see posted on here. They find superior stones. They are trustworthy and proven vendors. I think three vendors is enough, personally.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you can see 2 1.3 H VS1 cushions called in for someone else. He took the smaller of the two stones and the larger of the two, on the right, would still be available. You should tell Mark if you'd like to see that one.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-5-ct-cushion.160263/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-5-ct-cushion.160263/page-3[/URL]

You'd need to let Leon know in advance about looking at diamonds.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am unable to see your original post but I suggest that you ask each vendor to pull some diamonds that may fit your criteria.

Order of visiting ...
1. Head to Long Island in the morning to see GOG. You will be able to learn about different types of cushions (especially if you meet with Jon himself). Make sure you compare the AVC with a generic cushion with a square H&A and other modern cuts. Getting to Long Island will take some time so you can essentially write off your whole morning.

2. Go to see ERD and check out what they have to offer in terms of diamonds. Ask to see sample custom work they have done - they usually have a bunch around. You will be able to see if the cad/cast work is acceptable to you. I have always spent at least an hour with Mark when I go there.

3. Go to see Leon Mege which is very close to ERD. See what he has to offer in terms of diamonds and check out his stock pieces. See what type of pricing he can offer for a setting and diamond combined. By now, you would have already seen what GOG and ERD has to offer. If there isn't a stone you love from GOG and ERD, this is essentially your last change to find a stone you like.

4. Go downstairs to see Steven Kirsch (same building as Leon). His work is compareable to Leon so I don't think there is really much for you to do with Steven. Steven isn't a chatty person in real life - Leon is much more chatty. Steven also doesn't have as many pieces around for you to see. His prices are also almost identifical to Leon's.

Still stuck and got nothing? Head down to the diamond district and try your hand at the stalls - it is pretty scary but helps you understand why we recommend the vendors we recommend.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Not much to add that hasnt already been said but the one thing I wish I hadnt done is park illegally. I couldnt find parking in the diamond district and I was only supposed to be seeing a vendor for a few mins which turned into a half hr. I didnt find what I was looking for but I did end up with a $100 parking violation :( :( Also I agree to seeing GoG first if you try leaving the city after 3pm you will get stuck in rush hr traffic so the normal 1 hr drive to long island will easily turn into 2 or more .

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Come to think of it .. I also have a parking ticket from the last time I went there. Doh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results