shape
carat
color
clarity

Nutty - koo koo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 6:47:13 PM
Author:TravelingGal
What''s the craziest, nuttiest, most cuckoo thing you''ve ever done? And I mean good-nutty-koo-koo, not funny-farm-koo-koo.
hmmmm..... well my best friend and I went skinny dipping on a night with a full moon and howled like wolves as loud as we could... the coyotes on the hill were talkin'' back to us! lol If you want to delve into embarrassing I have a million of them, most of which I cannot post here hahahaha

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I''m loving all your stories here! Sadly, I have none to share. I''m not the risk-taking type. Staid, boring, and too-careful-for-her-own-good are apt descriptions for me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What''s the craziest, nuttiest, most cuckoo thing you''ve ever done? And I mean good-nutty-koo-koo, not funny-farm-koo-koo.
HI:

OK, that would be taking my fiance''s dare to strip in his car, while he was driving down one of the busiest roads in the city I grew up in
6.gif
.... TMI? I thought so...

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 3:33:53 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

OK, that would be taking my fiance''s dare to strip in his car, while he was driving down one of the busiest roads in the city I grew up in
6.gif
.... TMI? I thought so...

cheers--Sharon
OK, don''t get me started on the TMI stories...........
9.gif

I love reading these ladies! But I can''t get the trash can picture out of my mind. Hehehehe.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, the trash can one is great. So''s the stripping in the car along a busy street. I would never have the guts to do that.

Share more stories! I find that TMI makes for the funnniest stories.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 1:36:26 PM
Author: Mara

i think mine is probably when i was learning to ski, going up to Heavenly with a bunch of coworkers and my then bf, on a work/conference trip...and telling them that i was just a beginner yet somehow letting them convince me that i would be okay up on the BLACK DIAMOND mountain.
32.gif
because no one would go with me to a lesser mountain and i didn''t want to go alone since i had no idea where i was.

well i made it down 1/2 way (crazily and veering and out of control and just about peeing my pants!)....but on the 2nd half...yeah it was bad...i took a serious spill, lost about every article of clothing and my skiis, ending up almost on the edge off the mountain near a nice big tree, and i wrenched my knee, almost tearing my ACL. had to be taken down the mountain on a stretcher and recovery of knee took weeks...i blew it out again once after that playing volleyball so it''s totally a ''weak link'' now...thanks to that fabulous mountain and my awesome coworkers who were ''so sure'' that i''d be fine on the black diamond. uh yeah.
39.gif
OMG - my husband did the exact same thing. Co-workers took him down a black diamond. They left him in their dust. He was so frightened (straight drop on either side of the mountain trail). He took off his skies and walked back up to the lift & went down. He called me right after. I''ve never seen him so shook up. He''s usually Mr. Mellow - Alfred E. Neuman - What me worry?

Me - I''ve been known to wedding crash. I''m embarrassed to say that I talked my friends into crashing a party in Annapolis a few years back - I''m no kid either!
6.gif
Dang, as I type this - I''m embarrassed. Funny, we were welcomed with open arms
6.gif

Other than that, a water pipe broke and flooded a friends dorm (this was an old converted mansion with this long long hall w/ the rooms off the side) we put down plastic and played human bowling. It was quite fun as one was able to glide along the slick plastic and knock other down. Yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time kinda thing. Yeah, alcohol was involved.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
This isn't overly kooky on my part, but it just popped into my head so I figured I'd share it!

Sharon's story made me think of this one time when an ex-bf and I were up in Maine where he grew up, and he was telling me about this "topless donut shop" in town and we decided that we just HAD to check it out because really ... a topless donut shop?! I know I'm not the most worldly girl at times, but I was seriously envisioning it as like a Dunkin Donuts but where there are waitresses in like little pinafore type uniforms, pouring your coffee for you. Not my cup of tea (or coffee -- ha ha), but I figured there must be some guys out there who need to spice up their lives in the am when they're getting their coffee or something. I don't know.

So we walk in and ... HEY, there are no donuts in here!! And ewwww ...
32.gif

(Honestly, I don't remember much about it other than that it was dark and skanky. We basically walked in and walked out very quickly! I think now it has abandoned all pretenses of being a donut shop and is a flat-out strip club.)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
KristyDarling: Oh no...you see there''s this little paradox..Let me explain because it''s so freakin'' funny. My snowboard is short for my hieght (longer board you go faster which my guy didn''t want because speed is scary)

BUT when you get on the chairlift you leave one foot bound to the snowboard, and the other one free.

When you get off the chairlift, there''s a little hill, and you place your free foot on the board, inside the binding.

But because my board is a tad short, the space between the bindings is small.

My feet are close together, less balance so TIMBER!!

I''ve been snowboarding so many times, and I have NEVER. NOT ONCE made it off the ski-lift without KILLING myself. I can make it down the hill really well, but not the ski lift.

Last week when I went, I fell off the ski lift so badly that the operator stopped the chair lift and came over to make sure I was ok! Uhmm....yea, one of my finest moments for sure. And then I got up and whizzed down the hill.

So yes, I can snowboard. But I can''t get off a ski lift.
6.gif

velvetfist

Rough_Rock
Hmmm.... maybe having a beau in Paris when I was 19... I didn''t speak French, and he spoke very little English... somehow we took a road trip to Deauville together... it was all fun and romantic, but when I look back on it... crazy! I knew he was a good guy... but really... I definitely learned French in a hurry.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, Ally. I''ve tried snowboarding several times myself and I''ve figured out a way to get off the ski lift (mind you, I can''t get down a hlll without falling numerous times.)

As the chair gets closer to where you hop off, I prepare myself to crouch, and then SIT on my board. Then I use my arms to propel me out of the way. So in a sense, I''m sledding on my snowboard, with one foot at a weird angle.

Last time I did that was at Whistler. The person at the top of the ski lift couldn''t help laughing at me. But hey, I didn''t injure myself and I got out of the way rather quickly.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if this falls into the kooky category or not. Half of my frinds say yes the other (the ones who were with me) say no.

There are actually 2 things. Scuba diving with about 20-30 sharks while they were feeding OR diving down to 160 feet to see a shipwreck that still had mines, torpedoes, etc. in it. I found both of these to be very fun but when I go back and look at it I sometimes think I must be crazy!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 12:53:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
Some of you guys were so brave and fearless!!

Just wanted to say, I would not say what I did was nutty per se, but maybe more silly? I just went with my gut, it was not risky or daredevilish at all, just ballsy!
Yeah, I was wondering if I was defining kooky differently than everyone else, as a lot of these are "ballsy", "not really thinking", etc.

lol@human bowling!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 4:45:09 PM
Author: Ellen

Just wanted to say, I would not say what I did was nutty per se, but maybe more silly? I just went with my gut, it was not risky or daredevilish at all, just ballsy!
Yeah, I was wondering if I was defining kooky differently than everyone else, as a lot of these are ''ballsy'', ''not really thinking'', etc.

lol@human bowling!
9.gif
ballsy, silly, freaky, funny...it''s all good!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 4:47:53 PM
Author: TravelingGal
lol I agree, but I must admit I was feeling rather lonely until Lorelei posted about composing songs for her animals.
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2007 4:45:09 PM

Yeah, I was wondering if I was defining kooky differently than everyone else, as a lot of these are ''ballsy'', ''not really thinking'', etc.

lol@human bowling!
9.gif
HI:

No excuse for mine--just plain idiotic!! In all fairness, I did keep my undies on--OKOK TMI I''ll never be Prime Minister now...
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 5:44:10 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

No excuse for mine--just plain idiotic!! In all fairness, I did keep my undies on--OKOK TMI I''ll never be Prime Minister now...
1.gif

cheers--Sharon
lol!

And, trust me, I have many stories that could fall under MANY categories.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
where do I start.....

going out in the woods with nothing but a pocket knife and a lighter for 3 days.
killing rats with a broom stick after trapping them in the doorway.
standing outside in the eye of a tornado then getting back in the car and enjoying it.
chasing down tornados.
standing outside in lightning storms, or sitting in a lawn chair with a garbage bag on enjoying the lightning show.
repelling off cliffs with homemade gear
sledding behind snowmobiles at 60mph in a plastic sled.
swimming outside in the middle of winter
BB gun wars
breaking my arm and messing up both knees in 4 separate occasions all involving bikes and ramps.

bout a 100 more.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, I plead the Fifth!!!
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the human bowling thing sounds like an indoor slip in slide to me!

the donut shop reminds me of a place in Florida that is topless and bottomless...it is a steakhouse and the waitresses are au naturel. I think it is called Rachel''s? (there will be a stampede there soon)...I have never been, but frankly, that is just tooo unhygenic to even contemplate...could someone really be that desperate? I really doubted it existed but someone I know has seen the place.

I always wanted to crash a party, very funny, makes me think of the Wedding Crashers (you were ahead of your time)...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2007 5:24:12 PM

Date: 1/24/2007 4:47:53 PM
Author: TravelingGal
lol I agree, but I must admit I was feeling rather lonely until Lorelei posted about composing songs for her animals.
9.gif
Hehehe....!
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 2:17:05 AM
the human bowling thing sounds like an indoor slip in slide to me!

the donut shop reminds me of a place in Florida that is topless and bottomless...it is a steakhouse and the waitresses are au naturel. I think it is called Rachel''s? (there will be a stampede there soon)...I have never been, but frankly, that is just tooo unhygenic to even contemplate...could someone really be that desperate? I really doubted it existed but someone I know has seen the place.

I always wanted to crash a party, very funny, makes me think of the Wedding Crashers (you were ahead of your time)...
OMG !!!
32.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Does mine count even if it wasn't quite on purpose?
23.gif

A couple years ago, my best friend started dating this guy (friend of a friend) with a great sense of humor, but NOT-so-great sense of commitment. Multiple times, he suggested getting together.... and multiple times, she revised her weekend plans for him... and then he would cancel. It was beyond rude, and really frustrating, especially from a protective friend point of view... but she really liked him. So after yet another cancellation, he sent her an email containing several paragraphs worth of excuses... and she of course forwarded the email to me for review. Seething in anger, I went through the entire thing and highlighted the most idiotic parts, then wrote my HIGHLY sarcastic reactions (in bright red) under each paragraph... then emailed it back.

Except, just as I clicked "send"..... I noticed that it wasn't my friend's name in the "To:" box.... it was HIS. Yep... by hitting reply, I sent it directly to him. Highlights, red comments, and all.
32.gif

Needless to say, I was petrified of my friend's reaction... and called her immediately in tears. Fortunately, after she recovered from the initial "WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?" shock, her next reaction was hysterical laughter... even after he wrote back a reply saying "Partially delusional? I think I at least deserved fully delusional... and don't worry, I'm sending this to your friend too, so you don't need to worry about forwarding it."

Oh, and they broke up (oops).
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^ LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 10:29:03 AM
Author: ephemery1
Does mine count even if it wasn''t quite on purpose?
23.gif

A couple years ago, my best friend started dating this guy (friend of a friend) with a great sense of humor, but NOT-so-great sense of commitment. Multiple times, he suggested getting together.... and multiple times, she revised her weekend plans for him... and then he would cancel. It was beyond rude, and really frustrating, especially from a protective friend point of view... but she really liked him. So after yet another cancellation, he sent her an email containing several paragraphs worth of excuses... and she of course forwarded the email to me for review. Seething in anger, I went through the entire thing and highlighted the most idiotic parts, then wrote my HIGHLY sarcastic reactions (in bright red) under each paragraph... then emailed it back.

Except, just as I clicked ''send''..... I noticed that it wasn''t my friend''s name in the ''To:'' box.... it was HIS. Yep... by hitting reply, I sent it directly to him. Highlights, red comments, and all.
32.gif

Needless to say, I was petrified of my friend''s reaction... and called her immediately in tears. Fortunately, after she recovered from the initial ''WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?'' shock, her next reaction was hysterical laughter... even after he wrote back a reply saying ''Partially delusional? I think I at least deserved fully delusional... and don''t worry, I''m sending this to your friend too, so you don''t need to worry about forwarding it.''

Oh, and they broke up (oops).
31.gif

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any chance of seeing a copy of this ephemery embellished email???
31.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Ummm, well...Let''s just say that anything I did between 14 and 19 was nutty koo-koo CRAZY. I''ve been a very good girl since then, though. I''m not sure if being a rebel at such a young age is a good or bad thing. It is certainly out of my system, but, I am lucky to be alive LOL (now). I think in my case a little parental supervision would have gone a long way.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
lol these are so great!!! I dont have any good ones lol I am such a bore.

The only crazy thing I can think of is streaking at our homecoming game, outrunning the security only to be crowned later the same day and give a speech on how streaking is wrong to cover my tracks
41.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 1:36:26 PM
Author: Mara

i think mine is probably when i was learning to ski, going up to Heavenly with a bunch of coworkers and my then bf, on a work/conference trip...and telling them that i was just a beginner yet somehow letting them convince me that i would be okay up on the BLACK DIAMOND mountain.
32.gif
because no one would go with me to a lesser mountain and i didn''t want to go alone since i had no idea where i was.

well i made it down 1/2 way (crazily and veering and out of control and just about peeing my pants!)....but on the 2nd half...yeah it was bad...i took a serious spill, lost about every article of clothing and my skiis, ending up almost on the edge off the mountain near a nice big tree, and i wrenched my knee, almost tearing my ACL. had to be taken down the mountain on a stretcher and recovery of knee took weeks...i blew it out again once after that playing volleyball so it''s totally a ''weak link'' now...thanks to that fabulous mountain and my awesome coworkers who were ''so sure'' that i''d be fine on the black diamond. uh yeah.
39.gif
Oh, man. I hope they sent you flowers, at least! "Thinking of you while we''re skiing up here on Black Diamond Mountain..."
Somehow I doubt they have continued to be on your closest friends list.

I can''t think of anything really kookie I''ve done, but when I was in high school I was really naive and gullible. I grew up in the 70''s and 80''s to give some perspective. I went on a date with a boy who wanted to take me to the "submarine races." We got to the river bank and there was no one else there and I asked, "So where is everyone? When does the race start? Are we early?" That guy had no idea what to say to me. Fortunately, he was a nice guy and we then went to see a movie or something. I don''t remember exactly. But there were no submarines and thus, no races.

For those of you who don''t get the reference, actually neither do I. As it was explained to me, "submarine races" was from a TV show and meant going somewhere to make out.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
lol I was talking to my friend about this thread when I remembered a really really dumb thing I did. Me and my best friend both told our parents we were staying at each others house when in reality we went and slept outside the ticket office for New kids on the block tickets we were like 8 OMG I cannot believe I was ever that dumb oh well I got to see my Jordan
30.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 10:48:28 AM
Author: Lorelei

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any chance of seeing a copy of this ephemery embellished email???
31.gif
My friend has several hard copies... I''ll have to see if she still has one in her inbox though!! Right after it happened, she sent it to both her sisters and a bunch of friends, who passed it on to THEIR friends..... so we''re convinced it''s slowly making its way around the world as an email-forward, as we speak. Be on the look-out!
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, FI and I compose songs about Dylan all the time and sing them to him. They''re pretty lame though. When one of us is in the shower, he loves to come and poke his head between the shower curtain and the clear liner, so I sing him, "Dylan puppy, you''re the one, you make bathtime lotsa fun..."
9.gif
Just as an example.

Another crazy (in a stupid way) thing: I was hiking with some friends in the Tatras (in Poland) at the very end of October. It was cold. We wanted to stay longer, but it was supposed to snow enough the next day that we wouldn''t really have been able to get back down. So, being the bright girl I am, I went skinny dipping in a lake with one of my friends while the rest of our group had a snowball fight. The friend insisted that it wasn''t true skinny dipping unless we dunked our heads, and at that point I was in such a rush to get out of the cold water that I got cuts from the sharp stones all over my legs. It wasn''t too bad though, as I couldn''t feel my legs at that point.
19.gif

Some of the lake. (There''s more snow behind the camera, hence the snowball fight.)

TatrasLake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results