shape
carat
color
clarity

Now my SO may have cancer too

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you get news and some plan of action quickly.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping for a good outcome for your SO.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Horrible news to find out. Here's hoping from the land Down Under to where you are kenny for the best outcome.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear of this latest development.
I hope that you can get answers quickly... and hopefully a treatment plan to suit.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so sorry Kenny! Sending hugs and prayers for strength!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good healing energy your way Kenny.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry for all the stress in your life right now. I hope there is a treatment option. Kenny, please know that I've listened to your appeal not to talk about things, but I still care and think of you and your SO often and will continue to do so. Take care.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so very sorry, Kenny. I am not here as often but seeing the shocking news on top of the other struggles you experienced lately is just too much. Don't forget to take care of yourself and take some time off to just chill and take a break. ((Hugs))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry Kenny...I hope they are benign.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, so sorry to hear this. I wish you both the strength to get through these difficult times.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I'm so sorry.

You've been through so much and, as others have noted, its made harder by your SO limiting your involvement and resisting your attempts to help him.

Your SO sounds like a man with a clear self-image of who he thinks he is supposed to be; strong, capable and independent. For such a person, poor health can be 'unacceptable', and the push-back against accepting the reality can surface in less-than-attractive ways. Unfortunately, this can result in a lot of avoidable hurt and pain inflicted on loved ones.

Try to focus on what you can control. As Matata and others suggested, try to look after yourself. Take the dogs for a walk, listen to favorite music, or pick up your guitar. Such things won't change reality or miraculously lift your spirits, but they might allow you a bit of distance from the situation so that your stress level will decrease somewhat. It might also help with the easier-said-than-done 'accepting the things we cannot change'.

Your SO is so fortunate to have a partner who wants what's best for him. Your concern and support are blessings and traits that not every one receives from their partner. I'm sorry that your SO has, what seem to be, lifelong traits that make it hard for him to accept help. I'm not criticizing your partner; being independent is not necessarily a 'bad' thing, I'm just noting that its easier for all involved if a person is able to acknowledge when help is required and accept it from loved ones.

I'm sending positive thoughts and hope for good health for your SO.

I'm sending you hugs, positive thoughts and wishes for inner strength and peace. You're a big part of the PS family, and you can count me among the many others who care about you.

Hugs

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
that just sucks!
Sorry to hear that.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so terribly sorry to read this Kenny :(

I'm afraid I'm late in seeing your other thread here. When it rains it pours... I very much hope you and your SO are able to find shelter soon. I'm so glad you feel comfortable asking your friends here for support! I'll be thinking of you both today :(

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Kenny. I am wishing you and your SO the best, and sending you all my positive thoughts.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this, Kenny. When it rains, it sure does pour. Please remember to take care of yourself at this time.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many hugs to you guys.
I also wanted to say, sometimes its nice to vent. You don't have to take anyones advice, but getting things off your chest instead of holding them in is very cathartic. And don't feel bad for not taking advice either. None of us are in your situation; its easy to say do this/that without being there. All of it heartfelt and positive, but please don't feel like you can't post because of that.

Now - onto the wine
lots+of+wine-bottles-800x800.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, all of you, for the support and the understanding.
It means a lot to me.

:))

Telephone, that'll only last me one day.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you. I wish there was something I could do to help you and your SO. Hopefully what they are seeing on the scans are cysts. Please take good care of yourself and please know we are here for you.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kenny, this feels very wrong for you to be both experiencing given everything that has gone before.

Big hugs to you x

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, my heart goes out to you. It is a rough time - I can hear in your tone how distressed you are. Please remember venting is a good thing, and we're all here to listen. *hugs*

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about this recent development on top of everything else you and your SO are dealing with. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be under the circumstances. You can't control your SO, but must remember to do what is necessary to help yourself.

Sending positive vibes to both of you and his mom.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. Hoping that it is benign and easily removed. You and your SO are in my thoughts.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear this, Kenny! Just breathe. We're here . . .

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny - I'm so sorry to hear this latest news. I hope - against hope - that it turns out not to be as dire as it could be. And as so many others have said, please take care of yourself through all this.

:))

Telephone, that'll only last me one day.

It's nice to see that you still have your sense of humor!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very sorry kenny, and I'm hoping for the best. Take care of yourself, this is a really stressful situation that can take a toll on you.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, Kenny.
My uncle was like your SO when first diagnosed. I hope your SO eases up on that as the diagnosis sinks in. You will be a great advocate as he makes decisions down the line.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys.
I'm very grateful for your kindness and support.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year I had a surprise pancreatic tumor. I immediately thought I had 6 weeks to live. Luckily I had surgery, it was cut away and life is good! Let's hope it's contained, can be removed and next year we can celebrate another year of life! I'm at 1 year June 1.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations AprilBaby.
Glad it was caught early.
Wishing you a long long long and healthy life.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year I had a surprise pancreatic tumor. I immediately thought I had 6 weeks to live. Luckily I had surgery, it was cut away and life is good! Let's hope it's contained, can be removed and next year we can celebrate another year of life! I'm at 1 year June 1.

You are inspirational and so is your story. Thank you so much for sharing something so personal, AprilBaby. I wish you continued good health.

Big hugs,
Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results