shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I''m really confused about Bridal Shower Thank Yous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Well, my shower is in the next few weeks, I know this because gifts have been arriving over the last few days from our out of state friends and relatives.

This one has completely thrown me for a loop. One of my aunts, whom I am very close with sent a gift to my house. I called my mom who I assumed is handling the guest list and said "not to try and get information about my shower, but is Aunt XXX not coming to the shower?" I was more concerned that something was going on that I wasn''t told about. My mom was very surprised and said no, as far as I know she''ll be there and so will the girls (21 and 19).

Did she send it to my house so she didn''t have to bring the gift to the party?

Do I open the gift or give it to my mom to bring to the shower? Isn''t the point of a shower to "shower" me with gifts? I know you aren''t supposed to bring gifts to the wedding, but this is very much a shower gift as she has already told me what our wedding gift is, and its not from macys! :)

Do you think I should just have my mom call her?

This is definitely the first time I have ever heard of this.

I''ve never heard of anything like this! I just don''t want to be rude or make someone feel uncomfortable!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Have your mom call her and see if she wants you to bring it to the shower to open there or open it prior.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 9:18:04 PM
Author:Nov2109
Well, my shower is in the next few weeks, I know this because gifts have been arriving over the last few days from our out of state friends and relatives.

This one has completely thrown me for a loop. One of my aunts, whom I am very close with sent a gift to my house. I called my mom who I assumed is handling the guest list and said ''not to try and get information about my shower, but is Aunt XXX not coming to the shower?'' I was more concerned that something was going on that I wasn''t told about. My mom was very surprised and said no, as far as I know she''ll be there and so will the girls (21 and 19).

Did she send it to my house so she didn''t have to bring the gift to the party?

Do I open the gift or give it to my mom to bring to the shower? Isn''t the point of a shower to ''shower'' me with gifts? I know you aren''t supposed to bring gifts to the wedding, but this is very much a shower gift as she has already told me what our wedding gift is, and its not from macys! :)

Do you think I should just have my mom call her?

This is definitely the first time I have ever heard of this.

I''ve never heard of anything like this! I just don''t want to be rude or make someone feel uncomfortable!
Are you traveling some distance to the shower? One of my shower guests had the present sent to my home because she knew I would be traveling and have a lot of other stuff to drive back! She then brought a card to the shower, and when I opened it, I mentioned, oh yes, Kathy sent me some placemats and kitchen towels.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I am traveling about 2 hours to the shower. The funny thing is, she sent it to my parents, the shower is back home where I grew up.

I told my mom to just call her, it could have been sent for so many different reasons, by accident, she wanted me to have it early, we just bought a house (it could be an early house warming, who knows!)It could be from her eldest daughter who is away from college and she was the one who purchased it.

Rather than play the guessing game, my mom is going to call.

I couldn''t find anything on etiquette for this, so I thought the PS ladies may have experienced something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results