shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina thank you for sharing about Colin's mom. I really don't think she is thinking about them getting separated. She just refuses to go to assisted living. But also practically speaking I do not see how they can afford it as they had no long term care plan insurance and assisted living facilities here are tens of thousands per month. We could contribute some but it would not be enough and they will not even consider it or g-d forbid sell their house. Which might pay for a year or two for both of them. So unfortunately because they refused to prepare for this eventuality we are in the position we are in currently and I do not see a good solution. Your no plans and pool day sounds purrrrrfect. I just got back from a long and wet walk lol and am about to hop in to the shower for my second shower of the day. The meteorologists never get it right...it wasn't supposed to rain here til noon but it started early and I was determined to finish my walk lol. I guess stubborn runs in the family ;-)

@Sunrises Sunsets thank you again. Greg's mom was in such a facility. When she was more independent she was in another part of the facility and when she needed more care they moved her to the more full care section. Unfortunately she didn't live long after her multiple myeloma diagnosis but that is a story for another day.

She was very very smart and she had everything in place including her long term care health insurance plan that allowed her to live out the rest of her days in a lovely place well taken care of and she was happy. But she was not stubborn like my parents and she prepared for her future.

I agree with you about the reason my mom is lashing out and in her situation I probably would behave very similarly and am not unhappy I have no children to torture lol. Thank you for your kind words and my heart goes out to everyone dealing with a similar situation too...especially to the elderly who are alone and have no one. It is heart breaking.

I feel exactly the same about if it's not broken don't fix it...as long as you are monitoring the nodule. Though a biopsy is fairly straightforward and if it does increase in size not a bad idea at some point in the future.

I am glad your nephew is done with the parathyroid surgery. Greg went through that in January 2021 where he had a parathyroid removed (primary HPT) and a complete thyroidectomy (thyroid cancer) and it was not pleasant. We keep an eye on things because as you probably are aware primary HPT can only be corrected with surgery and usually more than one parathyroid goes "bad" so we monitor him carefully. Ditto for the thyroid cancer. His fm hx is full of cancer and he has had two types of cancer so it feels like not if but when another will pop up. I want him to get genetic testing but it's so difficult getting calls back from Columbia and at this point I need a break from all things having to do with health. It's never ending and exhausting. Luckily I am (according to Greg haha) on the spectrum and have an affinity for researching the heck out of everything. But I am tired at the moment and just need a bit of a respite from it all.

Thank you both @Austina and @Sunrises Sunsets for sharing your personal experiences with your family members. It does help to hear other perspectives and know we are not alone in dealing with this

Screen Shot 2024-03-06 at 1.06.37 PM.png

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
I was unaware of Greg's thyroid cancer history, Missy, and totally understand the medical issues burnout.

Even though there isn't much of a history for papillary thyroid cancer being genetic, I have had three sibs, a sister and two brothers, stricken by it. One brother had to have a radical surgery to remove additional lymph nodes and it was rough. The good news is the medical community contributed to their full recovery from that cancer and life has gone on for them.

Hopefully, the sunny and warmer weather is on it's way and the recovery from Greg's latest knee surgery will allow you two to start biking again. A beautiful day, along with exercise you enjoy and a little ice cream at the end is excellent mental balm for a weary heart and mind. May that day arrive soon for you and Greg.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was unaware of Greg's thyroid cancer history, Missy, and totally understand the medical issues burnout.

Even though there isn't much of a history for papillary thyroid cancer being genetic, I have had three sibs, a sister and two brothers, stricken by it. One brother had to have a radical surgery to remove additional lymph nodes and it was rough. The good news is the medical community contributed to their full recovery from that cancer and life has gone on for them.

Hopefully, the sunny and warmer weather is on it's way and the recovery from Greg's latest knee surgery will allow you two to start biking again. A beautiful day, along with exercise you enjoy and a little ice cream at the end is excellent mental balm for a weary heart and mind. May that day arrive soon for you and Greg.

Aww thank you ❤️
I think papillary thyroid cancer does have a genetic link. Greg’s brother had it too. And when I was researching it I came across this info. It makes sense given your family’s experience too

The papillary type of thyroid cancer most often runs in families. Genes on chromosome 19 and chromosome 1 are suspected of causing these familial cancers.

Thank you so much for all your lovely warm wishes. Sending you many good wishes as well and may we all enjoy a wonderful spring and summer. And may winter be almost finished lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

Warming up here! YAY! Bright blue sky and not a cloud to be seen! Plus temps on the weekend will help melt some of the snow. Happy to have left over salmon cakes for supper. Not cooking is awesome! Cleaned out the shoe closet today and vacuumed dust bunnies the size of tumbleweeds! LOL.

@marcy your story about your rings was kinda scary. How could anyone forget or leave behind stuff they've cleaned? Good on you for being on top of things. And your ring is splendid. I'd love one! Enjoy the rest of your day off.

@missy hope things are going as well as they can. And I had no idea that assisted living would be that expensive where you are. Why is that--is it just NY or everywhere in the US? I guess I shouldn't be surprised--our neighbor is moving to a really nice place and it is megs$$$. She is preplanning and I applaud her for that--but she is a great neighbour and I'll miss her. She is in great health and of very sound mind.

@Austina I saw a scorpion in the bathroom of a desert golf course. I bolted off the pot in a hurry!!! Glad you are replanting roses. You must tell me what species you are buying. I love chicken picata--glad you got leftovers. No cooking!!!! One of my favorite restaurants in Palm Springs makes a lovey CP.

@Sunrises Sunsets your story reminds me of my DH Grandfather--he was a widower and was on his own for a while, them moved into assisted living. He was in his milieu--made friends easily and loved the activities. His words exactly--I don't now why I waited so long! Yet in my experience these are exceptions, not the rule.

@MamaBee hope you are on the mend! Thanks @mrs-b for the update!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: @Austina : I had lab work done (yesterday). Looking for inflammatory markers--not sure they'll find anything. Doc thinks it is RA cuz the swelling roves from joint to joint. I don't think OA does that....wear and tear type that stays put.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy terrific Thursday!

@MamaBee welcome home and continued healing vibes. I am relieved the cardiologist gave you the clear but very sorry they did not definitively come up with anything but a virus scenario. Which of course it could be but in the meanwhile it completely sucks feeling so crappy and out of sorts and nauseous which I hope has completely passed at this point...big hugs and bucketloads of healing vibes and lots of love. Please remember rest, hydrate and rest. XO

Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 6.14.59 AM.png

@canuk-gal I know, it's ludicrous. But if they had purchased a policy 15 years ago like we had asked them to the situation would be manageable cost wise. I spoke with my mom yesterday and things are coming along thankfully. The nurse's aid was helpful yesterday and today my dad is getting his first home PT visit. I just hope whoever they send will motivate him and be able to help him get stronger. I hope your neighbor has a smooth transition and does well at her new place

Sharon, I am sorry about the continued swelling of your fingers and I hope whatever shows up in the lab work is something treatable that provides you with relief. Yay for warmer weather and leftover salmon and no cooking...Sending you lots of love and healing wishes XOXO

@Slickk yay tomorrow is FriYAY and then the weekend (rainy and wet but still the weekend) is almost here

@bling_dream19 happy Thursday, hope your week is going well

@marcy have you been wearing your gorgeous new bling?

Speaking of gorgeous new bling @mrs-b any bling updates?

@Sunrises Sunsets good morning, I hope you are having a good week and thank you again for chiming in with your valuable experience about aging parents. It has been very helpful and I appreciate you taking the time and energy to share

Hello everyone else. It was a good day despite being very rainy most of the day and today is wet still. I think we get a respite tomorrow but then rain comes back Saturday and Sunday. No drought conditions here that is for sure. Have a terrific Thursday all. XOXO

No matter your weather may the light and joy shine through

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 6.30.37 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@missy baby steps for your Dad! Maybe he'll be motivated now that he is home. Home is a powerful vibe! And your Mom is there for company. How are the furry mobster's? And Greg--is his knee OK? What kind of oven did you buy and when is the rescheduled install? I am going to use my DH Voltaren gel and see if that helps the aching and swelling.

It is +1 outside! Snow is melting! Not a cloud in the bright blue sky! Yipee. Did multiple errands today--got a free sandwich at the market and had a $10 coupon! LOL I love free stuff. Spoke to some nice ladies in the line up at the market.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy I've said it before and I'll say it again "Hey universe, leave Missy alone." I hope the doctors can find something that takes care of your new "you can't make this stuff up" medical mystery. Big hugs to you. How is Greg's knee coming along? I am hopeful (based on what they told you so far) your parents are doing okay adjusting to their current situation. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts. Unfortunately, assisted living and nursing homes are extremely expensive. Love the dinosaurs. I get teased for T-Rex arms so Marty bought me some of those little wind up T-Rex dinosaurs that can walk. I play with them at my desk. Great shot of the stormy weather and the spring flowers are a lovely contrast.

@Austina nice to be exploring and expanding the flowers and plants at your house. It is good to see what flourishes and what needs pampered. I picked up coleus for years to add color to my flower pots and it never does well so I finally quit. Italian sounds quite delicious. Although, I told Marty I had pizza 4 hours in the last few weeks. I think I'm done with that for awhile.

@Sunrises Sunsets sorry to hear about your thyroid - I have nodules and a mass in my thyroid that needs monitored but am not rushing out to have it checked. I don't notice anything different and I'm with you - don't mess with what's broke.

@canuk-gal I sure hope they can determine what's going on with your fingers swelling and get your some comfort from that. Yes, that would have been awful to get home and not realize I didn't have those two rings until I went to wear one of them. Since I have a "ring" collection, I started counting them all before I take them in. I am glad your snow is melting and yay for leftovers. Your snow moved our direction. Marty is sad too, we went to Denver to get a mount for his 8" telescope and it's been cloudy ever since.

Thank you for the kind words about my new band. I am enjoying it and it even looks good with my ER. Plus, unlike my Tiffany band, it won't fall off my finger. I might get sizing bumps put in the Tiffany band.

Not much exciting going on here. Marty ordered a few cameras, door bell, motion detectors and monitoring device to see if they can work with our current cameras. He just put in new ones last year, so if they all play well together, we can move the cameras. He messed with them all evening last night, went to bed late and when I wandered by the back door a few hours later, he hadn't armed the system. That was helpful. No point getting a monitoring system in the country, help would never get there in time so we'll monitor it ourselves.

My new Joe Cool Snoopy sweatshirt is warmer than the ones I've been wearing, so I'm less cold. Yay.

Off to toss around (or slowly lift) some weights.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hmm @canuk-gal, doesn’t Rheumatoid arthritis manifest itself when you’re younger - and by that I don’t mean your old, :mrgreen:just that my friend’s mother was diagnosed when she was early 30’s. I really hope it isn’t that and they find out it’s nothing to be worried about. + temperatures are a bonus. I’m not a fan of floribunda roses, I prefer Hybrid Teas, I’ll let you know when we get the new ones (after we get back).

That sounds exactly like the sort of thing Colin would do @marcy! He’s put cameras up everywhere, and then forgets to arm them or the alarm! I always joke that we could’ve been murdered in our beds! (Not that that’s too likely living here, but hey, you never know when a psychopath could be on the loose :lol:). Has there been any progress on TBE?

Sorry you’re dealing with thyroid issues @Sunrises Sunsets, I’m also in the ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” camp. I’m sure half the time Drs think you want them to find issues, rather than the opposite!

Hope all is going well with you @mrs-b and that Eleanor is enjoying her job.

I’m glad the cardio gave you the all clear @MamaBee, now let’s just hope they can actually find out what’s causing all your awful symptoms so you can get better.

I’m glad things are going OK with your Mum and Dad @missy , and long may it continue. Hopefully the physio can encourage positive improvement with your Dad, getting mobile would be a huge step forward for them. I think some of your rain headed our way today, not much, but any amount, no matter how small, is always welcome.

No pool today, it’s dull but still in the 70’s, and a smattering of rain. We did our food shopping, and that’s about all the excitement we’ve had today.

Friday again tomorrow, this week’s just galloped by!

Be safe and well lovely NIRDIs

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy FriYAY!

@canuk-gal thank you for asking...my parents are hanging in there. Their nurse, nurse's assistant and physical therapist have been there twice this week and it is going OK. The furry mobsters are as usual-criminal. Oliver (and Gracie at times) that is...I am worried about Tommy as he isn't eating much and refused his pill this AM and also last night but Greg was finally able to give it to him last night. This AM we might have to force him which I do not want to do. He is like 6lbs and weak and his health is declining :( Greg's knee was doing OK but the past two days much more swelling so I am concerned and we had to skip the evening PT last night. I told him he should contact the surgeon's PA but I doubt he will. I guess it'll depend on how he is today. Trying to put it in perspective and I know swelling can wax and wane and it can last up to a year but this swelling is not mild. The oven reschedule is for this coming Tuesday...it's a downdraft or something like that haha. Sorry I know so little about cooking and ovens ha. Greg is sleeping or I'd ask him the brand now. I will find out for you. I think it's only one of a few brands that has the downdraft we need. Or whatever that draft thing is called :lol:

Hope you have a lovely weekend planned XO

@marcy awww thank you. I really could use a respite from challenges and I hope the universe listens to you :)
Thanks for asking about my mom and dad and Greg. Parents are doing OK and one day at a time. I speak to them daily and they seem to be in decent spirits. Greg's knee is more swollen these past two days so a bit concerned...he had to skip the evening exercises last night due to the intense swelling so yeah I am worried. Thanks for enjoying the photos. Speaking of enjoying how is that gorgeous ring of yours?

@Austina 70s sound perfect. And I hope your shoulder pain is almost all gone if not already all gone. Thank you for your good wishes. I hope you get enough rain to end any drought issues and that you enjoy a terrific weekend in the pool. And yes the week flew by

@bling_dream19 happy friYAY

@Slickk yay the weekend is almost here

@MamaBee hope your night went well and you got some much needed sleep. Many hugs and continued healing vibes being sent your way

@mrs-b happy almost weekend. Hope all is well. And hoping for a bling update soon

So long story short last night I decided to make a telemedicine appointment for this morning and was lucky to get it. I won't go into details because I don't want to bore you more than I usually do :lol: but I was worried about some of my recent labs that came back quickly and want to change one of my injx to a different supplier but not sure this doc will go for it. So we shall see. And I did end up picking up the new med my nephrologist prescribed but unsure if I will start taking it. I am not rushing into anything right now. So many of my drs do not take our insurance so these visits are pricey but money is to make our lives better/easier so when it comes to medical issues I just go for it if I think it is necessary.

Hoping for a walk today (it's been raining all week pretty much and predicted all weekend with a short break today) and I know it will go fast again. Have a wonderful Friyay lovely ladies. XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-03-08 at 5.18.31 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Austina I would have "late onset" RA. Nice way of saying I am old with chronic joint inflammation. LOL.

@missy happy to hear your folks are AOK but sorry to hear Greg's knee is swollen and that Sir Tommy isn't quite himself. No worries about the oven--I don't know what a downdraft is either! (I'm guessing it is a venting issue...)

@mrs-b

OKOKOK saw two table lamps today--Hubbardton Forge--gosh how I love that product...and now I am obsessing over them. I need a floor lamp, not two table lamps!!! My DH asked me where I'd put the two table lamps--and I said "where ever I want". "Good answer" he says. Men.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies! Happy Caturday Saturday! And happy daylight savings time tonight/tomorrow...don't forget spring ahead

@canuk-gal so according to Greg there are only two manufacturers who make the oven we need...jenn air and kitchen aid. We got another Jenn air or rather are getting it next week..we shall see. I still do not know how to cook but I do make a terrific cup of coffee :)
I love table lamps and lighting of all kinds. And ha. I say that all the time...Men. LOL.

Thanks for your kind wishes for Sir Tommy...he had diarrhea last night and refused to eat his last two meals yesterday (we feed them four times a day and he skipped the 3PM feeding and the 7:30PM feeding) and I am worried sick. I called my sister and she put him on Amoxicillin and Cerenia and if necessary Mirtizpine. Which I luckily had in the house due to issues just like this. With 4 cats I try to be prepared. This morning I gave him his thyroid med and the first two meds I listed above (unbelievable he took them in a pill pocket!) and he ate a little. He is now laying on me (with still a leaky butt-oh what we do for love) and he is frail.

My heart hurts because I love him so much and cannot bear the inevitable being here sooner than we are ready...we rescued him in 2009 December and I risked my job doing so but didn't care and I am so happy he's had these years with us out of the basement where he was starved and kept as a mouser. But these years have flown by too fast :( I hate the way life goes with death being an inevitable part of life. And it is so unfair how short our animals lives are...why did g-d do this (if he/she exists)? Why give the best of us the shortest lifespan? The most innocent and purest among us-the animals. And they live such a short time with us

@MamaBee I hope you are feeling better and doing better with each passing day

@bling_dream19 @Slickk @marcy @Austina @mrs-b @springerspaniel good morning and happy weekend

Yesterday Greg drove us to our national park and we walked a bit and then he went back to the car to ice and he waited while I did my hike/walk. He is so sweet to suggest this because he wanted me to enjoy a different walk/hike yesterday and so he did some work sitting in the car while waiting for me and also icing his knee. He did contact the surgeon's PA who called us back and told Greg he overdid the walking and he should not be walking 2 miles now only 6 weeks after the surgery. So no more and only short walks for him for at least another month or more. This knee surgery is challenging especially at his age. Last time he had the surgery he was 4 years younger and it makes a difference in recovery.

Today and tomorrow rain predicted. I thought we would visit my dad but now I am unsure what to do with Tommy being sick. I am worried to leave him for the better part of the day so we shall see. Depending how he does we might have to go to the animal hospital as our local vet is closed on weekends and also won't do emergencies. Ridiculous I know. My sister ALWAYS takes emergencies and never turns any animal away. But her work ethic is better than most. IMO.

Have a wonderful weekend lovely ladies. Be well. Enjoy. XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 6.28.45 AM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal - I really hope you don't have RA. That condition is a bear of a thing. On the other hand, I'm *really* glad it's getting warmer! Is it sunny this weekend? And - life is short. Buy the lamps! :mrgreen:

@Austina - did you say...roses?? Every house we've ever had, Tim has put in a rose garden for me, first thing after moving in! I LOVE David Austin double roses - preferably tea roses or anything on the peach/apricot/orange (or any other fruit-sounding color, apparently!) continuum! Hoping your garden goes from strength to strength. ::)

@bling_dream19 - we seriously need to start a jewelry support group. And that's all I'm saying about that! Hugs to you and wishing you a fabulous weekend!

@marcy - I love your new ring! So pretty and lovely to see something different. And I'm glad you have a new sweatshirt; there is literally nothing worse than being cold in one's own home! Ugh!!

@missy - I'm glad the new routine with your parents and external help has started. Hoping it beds down well and goes from strength to strength! And i hope your new meds do something for you - tho 50 a day sounds...horrific? Terrifying? Massive overload? (I know you're starting on 2, but even so....) Either way, I just hope it all helps you and I think it's smart that you've made the step to at least get the pills so you have the option if you decide this is the way forward for you. Get well soon wishes to Greg and - as for your oven and general appliance cock-ups....I feel you....

After months (and months!) of waiting for it to be custom made, Anderson Windows finally came out yesterday and installed our new 5 pane, bay window. It's a thing of beauty, a far better match with our other windows, and the very last window or door in the entire house that hadn't been replaced. So now, they're *all* new! The guys did an excellent job and the woodwork around it is fabulous!

There's only one problem, See if you can spot it....

IMG_3684.jpg

:roll2:

Seriously, does nothing with tradesmen EVER go smoothly??

I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday! @Austina - get in the pool for all of us! :bigsmile:

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Good grief, lol, how did Anderson Windows do that? They make such a beautiful product, though, and your new window is beautiful... other than that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Daylight Savings Time and super Sunday!

@mrs-b wow. The windows are beautiful but what the heck? Not looking forward to our installation Tuesday...Greg informed me they are estimating a four hour installation. For an oven?? OMG. Remember that commercial "Calgon, take me away"...LOL please take me away :lol:

@Slickk hope you are enjoying a terrific weekend

@bling_dream19 hope your weather is better than ours,,,rain all weekend. I did get a quick walk outside yesterday but did not get too far

@Sunrises Sunsets I don't think I told you I love your screen name. I adore sunrises and sunsets. Hope you are having a lovely weekend

@canuk-gal have you decided on the floor lamp or are you getting two table lamps instead...;-)

Hey everyone else. Another rainy morning though it is supposed to clear later. But super high winds today and tomorrow reaching 50mph...I feel power outages are on the way...I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend

To give you an idea of our weather...

Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 7.06.47 AM.png

This is what we call around here as very "froggy" :lol:
May your Sunday be bright and clear in every way despite the weather
XOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee hope your itchy symptoms have dissipated and you’re continuing to improve and may your headache be gone. Hugs

This photo just popped into my feed.

2011-01-16 18.58.04.jpeg

It wasn’t that long ago…I have bittersweet feelings looking at this photo

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Missy, I too love to watch sunrises and sunsets. I enjoyed them many years from our lovely sunroom, 16' x 28', surrounded in glass, (Anderson windows).
You and Greg have an excellent viewpoint for sunsets, what a great location.

We've endured much construction mess in our years of marriage and I think you should tell Greg that you have a four hour errand to run when they come to install your stove, lol.

The picture of your folks is endearing. Time has a way of moving the struggles of our parent's old age to the back of our memories and the sweetness to the front. Hug them while you can, as you know.

Bummer weather there today and a fun project or distraction is needed for the two of you. I hope it blows through quickly and sunshine is back tomorrow!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to the car show yesterday--I could have driven a few of those babies home! We took the train--been ages since we did that. I don't find it all that safe anymore. But I see two cute pets in their carriers!
Maybe I should get those 2 lamps and stack them on top of each other. That one way to get a floor lamp! LOL.

@MamaBee what's going on lady????? Feeling better?

@missy I hope sweet Tommy feels better soon. And that your parents are managing well.

@mrs-b your windows are beautiful...but what the heck??? Funny we've been talking about windows lately. Big and costly endeavor. I prefer to put it out of my mind .

@marcy are tired of your ruby band yet? Please send it my way!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy (how did you get here so fast) marvelous Monday!

@Sunrises Sunsets thank you...and hahaha yes. A four hour errand is in order. Luckily Greg does not mind taking care of all these things that stress me out so that is fortunate. Thank you for your kind comments about my parents and yes. Cherishing this time with them despite all the turmoil involved. This is life and there is no use railing against it. It is something we all go through if we are lucky enough to reach old(er) age...hugs to you

@canuk-gal oh I love car shows. Greg and I went yearly to the big car show at the Javitz center in NYC for two decades but since the pandemic we have not gone. I have photos from those days. But we do go yearly to the local shore car shows and we love seeing the antique cars and the British cars and other classic cars foreign and domestic XOXO

TY for well wishes for Tommy...he is feeling better though cats are a master of disguise when it comes to illness. But he is eating something albeit not a lot and he seems to be doing better knock wood. XOXO

@MamaBee hope your headaches are better and you are still doing well without Zofran..continued healing hugs

@Slickk I hope you enjoyed a good weekend and are ready for the week ahead XOXO

@bling_dream19 sweet friend how are you feeling? Any updates? Big hugs

@marcy I hope you had a terrific weekend and enjoyed wearing your beautiful ruby band

@springerspaniel I cannot wait for the trees to start budding around here...our favorite tree tends to bud late so we have a while to wait but in the meantime other trees are starting and I am excited. Our daffodils are coming up already woohoo. Some early tulips too and our cherry tree. And some buds on our roses. Yay spring. Boo allergies. Speaking of allergies...

My asthma is in full force unfortunately and I am on the nebulizer four times a day right now. I have to make an appointment with my allergist who I have not seen for a long time. Darn.

Today winds are quite strong and wind gusts up to 50 mph. Sounds fierce out there. I do not yet know if I can brave the winds today. It was windy yesterday but not like today and on my way back it was challenging as I was being pushed back by the wind. It was crazy...but today is even worse. I want to go out for a walk so I am planning on trying...will I succeed or not is the question.

Hello everyone else. Enjoy a marvelous Monday XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 7.09.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 7.08.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 7.11.31 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Another, you couldn’t make this up @mrs-b ! How did they not notice the missing rails in the windows? Apart from that, the new window looks lovely and I know you’ve been waiting such a long time. Hopefully the rogue pane will be with you shortly. You’d have loved our previous garden, I had lots of David Austin old fashioned roses, in exactly the shade you love! My friends would often buy me a rose as a gift, so I had probably about 40 in my front garden. Did I ever tell you about the time when we were relandscaping the front? We had to take more or less everything out as it was too overgrown to salvage much. A woman walked by and said “you’ll never get roses to grow in this soil”. Every summer we used to laugh and wonder if she ever walked by and had to eat her words. I hope Tim’s new position works out and doesn’t cause him too much stress.

@MamaBee I really hope you’re doing better and are able to keep some food down, take care.

Buy the lamps and just MAKE them work @canuk-gal :lol: Did you get a definitive diagnosis yet? What cars did you fancy driving away from the car show?

We had raging winds and lots of rain on Friday, so didn’t sleep well at all @missy, you sent it our way, so kind of you, but please don’t do it again :lol: Ok, you can send the rain, but keep the winds. Poor little Tommy, it’s always a worry when they’re ill, I hope he’s still doing better and continues to do so. Oy, to more health woes, it’s never ending for you. Glad that Greg is continuing to improve, but mustn’t overdo it, I’m sure it’s tempting for him to do more than he should. What a lovely reminder of better times for your parents, they looks so happy in the photo. How’re they doing?

Any progress on TBE this weekend @marcy? We picked up our eclipse glasses and they do say they’re ’up to code’ so to speak.

After Friday’s wet and wild weather, it was too cool to go in the pool on Saturday, and yesterday we caught up with our friends on FT and went in the pool in the afternoon, it was a little cool, but OK.

I had physio this afternoon, and agreed that I’ll carry on doing the exercises at home, I feel I’m 90-95% better, and the physio was amazed how quickly things have improved. When we got back, we went in the pool, the water was lovely 86 degs.

Feeling tired from losing the hour and as soon as we get to our friends, we’ll lose another hour :lol:

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a good weekend and a great start to the new week :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy terrific Tuesday! I almost wrote Wednesday...darn I am losing track of the days lol

@Austina let me assure you I definitely would never send the winds your way and only send rain if requested :)
We had CRAZY winds yesterday. In fact the water meter guy came by and asked to change out a valve and then decided it was too risky because a tree could fall on him. And Greg moved our car away from where we usually park it due to potentially our tree falling on it due to the high winds...it was hurricane worthy (IMO) winds. And I have been through a few hurricanes and they are not fun. So anyway we went furniture shopping. I do not know if I told you the cats (OK Gracie) have destroyed the couches we got in 2018/19. It's getting to be an expensive proposition having Oliver and Gracie. OMG. I mean replacing couches every 5 years is not inexpensive. And prices have gone up up up. How wonderful physio has improved your shoulder issues by 95%. That is what I like to hear. How lovely the pool was at 86 degrees...that's how my parents keep their pool :) I agree I am tired as well. This time change is brutal. Especially for the meds I must take on a time schedule every day. Why oh why can they not pick one time and stick with it. My vote is for Daylight Savings Time. Just saying. Glad your eclipse glasses are up to code...enjoy!

@canuk-gal I see signs Spring is on the way everywhere I look. Very exciting indeed and I hope Spring gets here sooner rather than later for all of us

@marcy hope TBE is coming along to your standards and all is going smoothly

@bling_dream19 happy Tuesday

@Slickk hope work is going well this week

@MamaBee hope with each passing day you are feeling less fatigued and less pain and that you are well on your way to a full recovery

So we actually did end up purchasing a couch, love seat and two ottomans and it is a big gamble because we did not get to try it out and see if it is comfortable. We can return it but it would be a huge hassle and while I'm not usually a gambler I cannot take our ripped up couches any longer..so just hoping this gamble pays off and if it doesn't I guess back to the searching board we go.

Today we are (hopefully) getting our new range (oven plus stove top) installed during a marathon installation. Not looking forward to this at all. I will be leaving the house as soon as I finish my workout this morning and will try staying out for as long as I can...not sure of the winds today or the temp so might end up having to adjust my expectations depending on that. I am worried about the cats as they abhor noise and strangers and today we will have many hours of both...I just hope that it goes smoothly today. Fingers crossed

Enjoy a terrific Tuesday sweet friends. XOXO

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 7.09.51 AM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous photos, @missy. I hope the installation goes well and is just long, rather than problematic. Where did you get your new sofas et al? I love getting new furniture - it always solves problems (assuming you like it), with minimum input or effort from me!

@Austina - I LOVE the sound of all your roses! I love flowers, but roses are just so easy to grow, yet so incredibly beautiful. Gorgeous! I'm so glad your shoulder is feeling better - I hope you get back to 100% tho. I hate this whole "getting older and just living with diminished ability" thing. When is the eclipse? Tim has been talking about it but I cant remember the date - early April, yes?

@canuk-gal - I'm glad you enjoyed the car show! And I hear you on trains: love them - but their safety level seems to have gone downhill markedly. I read about a woman who was raped on a suburban train the other day. The man ultimately let her go and she got off the train - but he stayed on. Something about that just seemed so brazen to me - the fact that he committed a heinous crime, yet felt no compunction to run. As for the lamps - you could always just get one of them and stand in the corner of the room holding it, kinda like the Statue of Liberty - yes? Now *that* would be a talking point!

Hi there, @Sunrises Sunsets! :wavey: Not sure if you've already said and I've missed it, but - are you in the US? If so, which state? MA here - green, gorgeous and fricking freezing!

Hallos and hugs to @Slickk, @springerspaniel, @marcy (canuk-gal will have to fight me for your ring if you ever get tired of it!), @MamaBee (thinking of you every day) and @bling_dream19! <3

AFM - Tim is starting back at full time work on April 15th, so, one more month of freedom and 2 hour lunches! The break has been wonderful for him and his sarcoidosis has been so much better, it's been a revelation. Tim is so inherently chill, you just don't think of stress affecting him. But - wrong! Anyway, 1 more month, then back to longer work days for him.

As for the window - Tim fixed the problem for us - temporarily, at least. Amazing what you can do with tape....

IMG_3685.jpg

From outside the house, you honestly can't tell unless you *really* look, so that will do until Anderson's comes up with the new window, which they've said will take a month (so assume 2 months).

Starting to get impatient for spring and warmer weather. 59 tomorrow and 64 on Thursday...then back into the mid 40's next week. Roll on April!

Hugs to all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!

@missy you just bought a bunch of new furniture--and I can't buy a floor lamp!!! Hope your install went well today. My old neighbors raved about their Jenn Air. Loved to see the daffodils!! How are your folks?

@Austina I really liked the new Lexus stuff--my neighbor just got a new car (Lexus), and it is fabu! My DH really misses an SUV..I don't really...at any rate the Jag SUV is luxe and the Macan is another option.

@mrs-b LOL Tim did a great job on the window! And I am happy to hear he is feeling much better. I haven't had any lab results yet--but I'm thinking everything is OK--or I would have heard.

I just popped our fav zucchini and tomato casserole in the oven. Smells heavenly! Nice day --9C and the snow is melting. I mentioned to my DH that I see green grass and therefore am happy! Don't mind if it rains but am done with the white stuff! (but I know that is not yet done.....)..enjoyed a walk today. I work tomorrow, its been forever!

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To anyone who chuckled - thank you for seeing the humor in our DIY window grid pattern! We laughed, cried, and ground our teeth!! I mean - $20,000...and tape. TAPE.

Good lord.

:roll2:

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina we watched The Boys in the Boat this weekend. That was a great movie. Thanks for the recommendation. We also watched Argyle. It’s by the people who made The Kingsman. It was good. Yep, sounds like we could both be murdered in our sleep. When I would come home from work either the back door was unlocked - but the alarm was armed - or vice-versa. Rarely was it both of them. I was going to run out to TBE today but worked until 5 so passed. We were out there Saturday. The floor was poured in the basement and the wood was piled up for framing. A possible BIG storm is moving in tomorrow though. Bummer. I hope you have nice weather all the time so you can enjoy your pool. That’s great your shoulder has improved so much. That pesky wind seems to be stopping by to see everyone.

@missy I am glad things are going okay for your parents. It’ll probably take a while to adjust and find what works and what won’t. I am keeping an eye out for furry monsters arriving via UPS and FedEx. Just sayin … :lol: Sorry to hear Greg’s knee swelled from walking too much. Literally, baby steps to work back up. I am enjoying my new ring, but did put it up after wearing it for several days. Sorry to hear about lab results and it’s rough to decide whether to take more / another medicine. I hope Tommy is doing better. I love all your photos. Don’t you have those long windows for service calls? Shredit finally picked up our boxes of papers today. They told me it’d be between 8 to 5. He called about 5 minutes before showing up right before noon. Boo to rainy and windy weather. I hate to hear your asthma is flaring up. I saw today allergies were bad already and earlier this year. Darn the Wyoming wind is pestering you. Love all of your pictures, but those daffodils really make me believe it’s spring. Prices on furniture - along with everything - is just plain nuts. The time change is kicking me old butt too. Pick one and stick with it - quit changing it. Glad you found something you like and hope the new range got installed.

@canuk-gal did you get those lamps? I’m bad, once I see something I want … The car show sounds like a good time. Was it classic cars? Sports cars? Cars that if you have to ask what it costs, you can’t afford it? Darn the train ride didn’t seem safe. I’ve pondered taking one of those scenic train rides sometime. I still like my band, but if I change my mind you’ll be the first to know.

@mrs-b I bet your rose gardens are gorgeous. At our last house, I ordered a black rose from some bulb company ad and it was gorgeous - but BRIGHT pink. I always pointed out my pretty black rose. I have recently preferred wearing bands, probably because I don’t go many places. My new sweatshirt is very warm. I think it’s a man’s sweatshirt and it’s big on me so I zip it up and I”m cozy all day. I have to fold up the cuffs twice. Your new windows are perfection. They look great. I think the TBE will have a bay window in the dining room. I know the house has a lot of big windows. I want to put shutters on them all. I had to look to see what they did though - got it. How did they miss that? I assume that’s an easy fix though. Now I am going to have to just suffer and keep my ring so you and @canuk-gal don’t have to get in a wrestling match. Sounds like Tim has enjoyed his time off. Is he dreading going back to work next month? The tape on the window did the trick.

@Sunrises Sunsets me too. I love watching them and I am looking forward to a better sunset view when we move. Your sunroom sounds lovely. I’d live in there. I hope your weather improved. We’ve got a snow storm coming tomorrow.

Shocking, I know, I’ve been working lots including this weekend. We did run out to TBE on Saturday and Marty wandered over to see if anything was done on the foundation. He is such a brat, he took pictures, but one of them he held his phone low to get a “Marcy” point of view. The cement floor was done in the basement and they’ll be starting on the framing probably this week.

I did watch a few movies and knit quite a bit this weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Great job on the DIY fix @mrs-b! Have they given you a timeframe for the replacement yet? I think the eclipse is on the 9th April, and we’re apparently in the perfect viewing path (gotta be some pluses to living in Hicksville :lol:). Honestly, even if my shoulder didn’t get any better, I’ll be happy, but the physio is pretty sure it’ll be completely back to normal if I keep doing the exercises - which I will. Isn’t it interesting that even when we don’t think we’re overly stressed, it has such an impact on our body? Hopefully Tim’s new job will enable him to keep the sarcoidosis under control. That’s awful about the woman on the train, I hope they catch him, he obviously thought he was untouchable.

Today was warmish, 70’s, but not overly sunny, so we didn’t go in the pool @marcy, but it’s hotting up tomorrow, followed by some much needed rain. Let’s hope the weather doesn’t hold up work on your house - they have the opposite problem here that it get’s too hot for the men to work. I only put my rings on when I leave the house, otherwise my hands are bare. Glad you enjoyed the films, we watched a Lifetime movie over the weekend, but I can’t remember the name!

I’m really happy with the car @canuk-gal - I’ve got every possible safety feature switched on, and I do notice them working. I love the look of it, and it’s very comfortable. I’m not interested in being a speed demon, safety is far more important to me these days, especially the way other people drive here in their monster trucks!

Ok @missy, we’ll take the rain but don’t need the wind, it plenty windy enough here in the Hill Country. I hate to hear the furry mobsters have caused such damage to your beautiful white sofas, I remember you buying them. I hope the new cook top and oven have been installed and are all working perfectly.

I hope you’re feeling better each day @MamaBee.

We didn’t do much today other than going to Home Depot for some lawn treatment, Colin looked around for that while I wandered around the plant section. I did laundry and changed the bedding. I always used to iron my bedding until my friend told me about microfibre bedding, now it’s wash, dry and that’s it. I do occasionally iron the bedding, but not every time.

Tomorrow is going to be lovely, so we’ll definitely be in the pool at some time.

:wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a very small project, but I'm adding it here because I thought some bling might be cheery and I can't take spectacular sunset photos! So this is my contribution. :bigsmile:

I bought this heart a while back, but it looked somewhat drab, despite the diamonds being quite nice. So I finally got around to sending it off to Amy. She gave it an almighty clean, then rhodium plated it three times for me! I dont know what the chain is, but it's not the chain it will be going on. If you look at the metal on the heart, and the metal in the chain, you can really see the difference rhodium plating makes, The chain, by comparison, is very drab. I might get it re-plated as well and give it to Eleanor. The heart is going to go on a chain with another puffy heart charm and a small baseball charm - the first gift Tim ever gave me, as he played baseball at state level for the under 21s in Australia. His team won the national championship for a couple of years and a few of the players, including Tim, were invited to tryouts for pro ball in the US. Tim's parents wanted him to pursue a profession and so he didn't go, but 2 or 3 of his team mates ended up in the majors in the US. When we started dating, he gave me his baseball charm. It was a big deal at the time. ::)

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.00.42 PM.png

This new stud is for my outer piercing and is a K SI1 AVR. It's .8 ct and I want it to wear with my golden gem quality SS pearl studs from Andrew Moline. Most of my studs are E colored, and they're just too white next to the beautiful champagne colored pearls.

99735.jpg

So these are just two small projects, but something nice and sparkly to look at. :)) I believe my rings are currently being cast. Yay!

Happy hump day, everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy wonderful Wednesday!

@canuk-gal LOLOLOL I know right? Sometimes I am impulsive and sometimes not. But I just decided heck let's go for it. It might end not well because we did not have the furniture in the store to sit on and see if it was comfy and that is number one with furniture for me. But I liked the look and decided to just take the chance. I will let you know if it works out. It is a localish furniture store. Small. So they did not have the couch/love seat I wanted but they showed it to us in their catalog and I liked it. Couches only last 4-5 years with us so I thought OK let's take the gamble. Not really like me at all. Thanks for asking about my parents...they are doing OK. They have a new home health aid (a man) who they are raving about. My mom fired the woman because she didn't want to do anything and so the agency sent him. He's great. So far. They remain in good spirits and for that I am very thankful.

@marcy sweet you got out to TBE this weekend and of course no surprise about accomplishing a lot of work. Nice going. Thank you for your kind wishes and compassion. Folks are doing OK thankfully and I have not yet made up my mind about the phsophorus meds...I am seeing my allergist next week because my asthma has gotten pretty bad. I am nebulizing four times a day...and will be running out of the meds soon since I have not seen him in well over a year. I hope I do not have to go to my pulmonologist about this. Knock wood Tommy is doing better thank you for asking. Have a wonderful Wednesday and I hope you are enjoying lovely weather

@mrs-b oooh la la...I LOVE the two projects you have in the works and that heart is so romantic. The story behind it just makes my heart go pitter patter...LOVE it. And the stud (the diamond one not the man haha though the same thought applies to the man)...nice faceting. SWOON! Speaking of nice...nice temporary fix and I hope they have the permanent fix sooner than later. And yes I see the humor in this situation. I always say if it's between laughing and crying I try to choose the former. It's more our reaction to things than the actual things that happen and I do believe that for the most part. Some things we cannot laugh about (death, loss, grief) but material things. Heck, not worth our energy and aggravation IMO. But girl, we feel your pain believe me. So expensive the least they could have done is get it right...I love your new windows and I also love the look of no rails and stiles depending on the windows and the location of them. For example, we have hurricane proof windows and the windows in the living room are all window for the most part with the minimum borders

livingroomatbeachhouse.png

I am going to miss our couches and love seat :( Darn cats ruining material things. But I always say I would rather be in a house full of cat and dog hair and torn furniture than a meticulously clean untouched house with perfect furniture and no animals

@Austina nice, enjoy the lovely weather and the pool. We are also enjoying some gorgeous weather here this week. Happy about that
I mean if the weather could hold at 60s and sunny here I would be thrilled. Of course it won't and living in the NE is an adventure with weather as we never know what we are going to get

@MamaBee glad you got good news from the doctor and from her mouth to you know whose ears :)

@Slickk good morning, hope you have a terrific hump day

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a good week

So yesterday went smoothly thank goodness. The range was installed (only took 3 hours) and we also got our sump pumps cleaned by the professionals. All went well. And I enjoyed a good long walk and the weather was gorgeous. Today hoping for some of the same.

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies
XOXO

Leaving you with a photo from last night...Greg went to the grand opening of our local lighthouse...it was redone a while back and the whole neighborhood showed last night. I sent him without me because I was exhausted from my long walk and wasn't really interested anyway lol

Here is (one of) his photo(s) from yesterday

Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 6.59.24 AM.png

And one of mine from a few weeks back
A short walk down the beach to the lighthouse

Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 7.00.05 AM.png

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results