shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Came home and had wine and ice cream, sitting up in bed with Tim, watching movies.

I've had worse days. :))

20210611_165440.jpg

Yum!!! You deserve it after today!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Home again and got the all-clear for 2 more years. Yay!

And I'm having that cappuccino chocolate crunch if I ever get the opportunity, @missy! It looks a-maaaaaaz-ing!!

I am so thrilled to hear the good report, @mrs-b! And so glad you are having wine and ice cream to celebrate... that seems incredibly well deserved if you ask me!! Sending you lots of good wishes and virtual hugs!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies!

glasses_hand2.gif

@missy Oliver looks King of the castle!

Haha that he does. But no worries. I make sure I am still Queen and keep the little Prince Oliver in line. :) He is a rascal I have to say but he is also a love bug.

@Austina good luck to Colin today!

@mrs-b yummmmmmm and you deserve it girl! Hope you wake feeling completely well and happy that it is all (as @springerspaniel wrote haha) "behind" you! :lol:

GM @MamaBee happy weekend!

@bling_dream19 happy Caturday Saturday!

@marcy what? You aren't impressed with the eclipse photo our friend G took? :lol:

@springerspaniel have a happy weekend and I hope your paper is going well and almost finished.

@Slick1 it was so moving and beautiful. I hope you are all doing as well as possible and I am keeping all of you in my thoughts.

Hi @carbonfan hope all is well with you and your family and hope your weekend is blingalicious.

Hi to everyone else. We had a great day riding yesterday and lots of good conversations with friends along the way. It is amazing how every 10 miles or so we run into people we know. It makes for a very enjoyable day. Cycling, chatting, eating ice cream and more cycling. And it's another cycling day today woohoo. I hope everyone enjoys a fun Caturday Saturday. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 6.15.58 AM.png

And in honor of Caturday Saturday this is how I feel at times (with Oliver).

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 6.18.38 AM.png
:)

Love to all of you girls! (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks for all the good wishes. It all went well, until Colin stood up and blood starting gushing down his legs. They rebandaged his legs and waited a while, before releasing him. We’re home and he’s feeling ok, but both feeling zonked, it’s been boiling hot today, and I waited in the car park rather than coming home.

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Thanks for all the good wishes. It all went well, until Colin stood up and blood starting gushing down his legs. They rebandaged his legs and waited a while, before releasing him. We’re home and he’s feeling ok, but both feeling zonked, it’s been boiling hot today, and I waited in the car park rather than coming home.

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

I’m glad it went well for Colin’s surgery…but blood gushing down his legs doesn’t sound good. I hope he’s better now. I probably would have done the same thing…waiting instead of going home..Thank goodness it’s over now…

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

Sorry @Austina for the bloody scare (no pun intended). Hope Colin heals well.

Felt good today and rode our usual loop and did all the big hills with no stopping! Maybe I over did it as now I am tired. That mRNA vaccine made me a super human! LOL Enjoyed lovely weather.

Watched Sharknado#4 yesterday-- and ultra campy! Will watch #5 now for some laughs.

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone has had a happy Caturday! Missy your icecream is looking delicious and you are always in my thoughts. Your pics of your kitties are amazing and you truly live in an idyllic place! I miss the shore so much. You and your hubby are integral there!
Hi to everyone else! It's a very slow journey for my mom but she is getting better and I'm SO grateful for all of your prayers. Her earrings are being turned into drops and they are at WF now. I'm very grateful for this time. It's a silver lining out of this nightmare. I'm learning lots about myself and my parents. Life is changing for the better. Hubby and I had a great walk in the gardens and of coarse the conversation landed on bling! I might end up with a couple of wedding sets lol. I'm really loving everything I have. I got to wear moms mikimoto bracelet to dinner tonight, which I wore for my wedding and honeymoon and oh my it feels like butter! It just rolls up and down the arm! And here's the pics bc its what we want!!! 20210612_223451.jpg 20210612_223451.jpg
I think about each of you everyday. You have my respect, support and love. Thank you for accepting me as I am. Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy big and small dog Sunday. Speaking of dogs...we visited Archie yesterday and omg he is absolutely adorable and not that much bigger than the last time we visited. He is a LOVE.

missykissingarchiesg.png

And he looks quite sharp on our (newly solar powered) bike :)

archieridingtandem.png

@Austina so relieved Colin's surgery went well (even better than according to plan!) albeit the scary initial bleeding. Our continued well wishes to him for a speedy recovery. And hugs to you both.

@bling_dream19 oooh just gorgeous. Your bling (and other) taste is impeccable. So happy your mom is continuing to do well and her new earrings sound amazing. I love drops as you might remember. Big hugs to you and your family.

@canuk-gal yay for cycling and enjoying a big day despite recently having gotten the second Covid vaccine. May your lovely weather continue. And I am glad you are enjoying Sharknado #4. Haven't heard of it and will have to check it out one day. XOXO.

@mrs-b hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend and are feeling back to 100% after your tests the other day. And hoping more ice cream is in your near future. XOXO.

@sarahb I hope you are having a fun weekend and that the weather is cooperating for outdoor activity. (((Hugs))).

@springerspaniel I love dogs so much and seeing Archie was such a joy yesterday. I hope one day I can meet your furry babies in person. And you of course. Hope you are having a good weekend.

@Slick1 hugs and more hugs. I hope you are all doing OK. Keeping you in my thoughts.

@MamaBee good morning, hope you are all enjoying a lovely weekend. XOXO.

@marcy hope your Sunday goes well without any work interruptions. Greg got some good news from work Friday and well let's just say working from home is working out well and fingers crossed it can continue. I just wish everyone could work from home always if that is what they wanted. We have no clue how long this can continue but hope it goes on for a while. Big hugs and have a happy Sunday.

@Polabowla hello, hope all is going smoothly and sending you big hugs and many good wishes. XOXO.

Hello to everyone else. Sending you all lots of hugs and love. Leaving you with our ice cream of the day. We spread the love and visited D and T yesterday and they had the last of the vegan cherry ice cream left and what a doll they both are...even though I ordered 2 scoops D gave me all he had left of the cherry ice cream. And somehow I forced myself (big sacrifice) hahah to finish it. :lickout:

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 6.35.29 AM.png

I felt badly because Greg's 2 scoops were much smaller than mine but I did share some of my cherry ice cream with him. :)

Have a sweet Sunday girls with a cherry on top... XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and look at the sweet goslings we saw yesterday. I am in love with all of the wonderful wildlife everywhere around us. This really is heaven on earth. :love:

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 6.36.01 AM.png

and I love this photo but have edited it for privacy.

GregandArchieandK.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I am a hair's breadth away from driving down to NJ to sample the ice cream vendors you frequent! I feel like a drive and that ice cream is just too delicious!! Missy - just remind me pls - which vendor has the cappuccino chocolate crunch?

Expect a text from me in the next month or two saying "Guess where I am...!!"

@canuk-gal - I loved the Sharknado movies, campy tho they definitely are! I'm so glad you're enjoying some lovely weather!

@Austina - I'm so sorry for your scare re Colin's leg. That sounds like it was truly unnerving! How is he doing now? Is he mobile, or are you doing the stairs for both of you right now? I hope he's feeling better and that all is well for you.

@marcy, @Slick1, @junebug17, @Polabowla, @Bayek, @MMtwo, @MamaBee and @springerspaniel - my thoughts are with you all and I hope all is well in your respective worlds.

And @carbonfan - thank you for your so kind words! Hugs back at you!

Love to you all! NIRDI shout out!

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19! I LOVE your rings with that pearl bracelet! It looks wonderful!!

Can you tell us some more about your bracelet? I'm a June baby and pearls are my birth stone...and yet...I don't have any I'd consider gem quality. Perhaps one day. Maybe. Perhaps.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b the pearl bracelet is a Mikimoto bought by dad and gifted to my mom. My mom let me wear it last night and I also wore it on my wedding day and our honeymoon. I love the size of the pearls, though I don't know the size. I told my dad he did really good! So, the bracelet is not mine but I can wear it anytime so that works for me lol! Do you have a pearl bracelet? I highly recommend the Mikimoto bracelet. The pearls glowed at dinner and just feel glorious. I'm sure our friend @yssie could help you find the perfect pearl bracelet or anything pearl!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls, happy Monday!

@bling_dream19 the bracelet is gorgeous. It looks perfect on you. How wonderful your mom shares it with you and it is so special.

Missy - just remind me pls - which vendor has the cappuccino chocolate crunch?

The vendors are D and T, I will text you the name of the place. Their flavors are always changing however and remember the cappuccino chocolate crunch was dairy. Jimmy has more vegan flavors but no sugar free unfortunately. And while D and T have a few sugar free none of their sugar free are non dairy. One day I will ask Jimmy about sugar free since his ice cream is made on the premises and he might be able to make a sugar free version but since he never has I am not sure he would be willing. I am sorry there is no perfect ice cream solution but maybe by the time you visit we will have more options. How is your friend David doing?

@Austina hope Colin is continuing to feel well and is recovered completely.

@Slick1, hope the weekend was filled with loved ones and warm memories. Keeping you in my thoughts.

@Polabowla, hope you are feeling well and sending you good wishes.

@MMtwo, how is your son, how is your new job going? Thinking of you.

@MamaBee hope you had a lovely weekend.

@springerspaniel, how did Monday get here so fast? Hope you enjoyed a fun and relaxing weekend.

@junebug17 hope you had a good weekend.

@Bayek, I am texting you today. Girlie hope all is A OK.

@canuk-gal good morning, hope your week is off to a good start and that the weather allows for good riding and may your week be no stress and enjoyable.

@marcy hope you had a good weekend.

If I left anyone out hello to you too and hope all is well.

We had a blast and cycled all day and today is a rainy thundery stormy type of day. We have a few errands to run and then perhaps playing cards is in store. Tomorrow I have a rheumatology appointment that I am anxious about but today is today and tomorrow isn't here yet. :)

Hi @rainwood LOL funny you should text me that photo because yesterday there were a family of deer in a residential neighborhood (which always breaks my heart) and my heart was in my mouth as the babies ran around the yard right in front of a busy busy road. It's awful that we have invaded their territory pushing them into our residential areas. :(
We stopped and I was ready to get off the bike and help them cross but they stayed in the yard.

2 babies and 2 adults.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.05.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.05.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.04.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.04.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.04.23 AM.png

Have a marvelous Monday lovely ladies and hugs. May sweetness and love abound.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.09.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.08.58 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks again for all the good wishes, Colin is fine, hasn’t had any pain at all. I did tell Adam and Kim yesterday, that Dad was now a mummy :lol: He was bandaged from his toes up to his groin, and we removed them today. Some bleeding, but not much, bearing in mind there’s probably at least 30 holes in his legs. He had to walk around every hour to prevent DVT’s, and is fully mobile.

Thanks @mrs-b, the surgery this time was a lot less traumatic than 16 years ago when he originally had veins removed, this was done under local anaesthetic and apart from the bandages and the compression stockings, he back to normal.

Oh @missy, Archie is so adorable, and I want to smother him in kisses too. Did you want to smuggle him in the bike and take him home? I’m glad you managed to force yourself to eat all that ice-cream, it’s a dirty job, but someone has to do it :lol: How lovely to see the goslings and the beautiful deer on your rides, although I suspect the person’s house they’re nibbling at, probably aren’t as pleased. Sounds like you’ve had a lovely weekend with plenty of fresh air.

I’m so pleased to hear that your Mum is continuing to progress @bling_dream19 and that despite this difficult time for you all, you’re finding some positives. Her bracelet is absolutely beautiful and how sweet that you’re able to wear it too. I’m sure she’ll be thrilled with her earrings when they’re ready.

Yay for a good ride @canuk-gal and feeling invigorated by your recent vaccine.

Thanks @MamaBee, Colin is glad it’s all over and hopefully no more surgery on his legs. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Sending good thoughts your way @Polabowla and hoping things are getting better for you.

I hope you had a work-free weekend @marcy, and got to enjoy some me time.

Hi @junebug17 hope you’ve had a great weekend.

Adam and Kim got back from Cancun late Saturday and collected Bertie yesterday, he couldn’t keep his eyes open when he got home. He was pleased to see them, but not overly excited which is good. Look at his smushy face :lol: F2F5C55A-0D6C-4A3A-BAF5-3FD085D152B0.jpeg

I finally took a photo of the drive, you can see the difference from the edge of the garage to the front door, thank goodness it’s all done now. 341EB7F9-3EE9-44B6-B0DD-2FBF4AE40CDD.jpeg

It’s hot here and we’ve been enjoying sitting and eating outside while we can.

As predicted, our final restrictions aren’t going to be lifted on 21st June because of the Delta variant. In reality, it doesn’t make a lot of difference to us, we can still see our friends, and had intended to continue with masks in shops anyway. Hopefully, the ramping up of vaccinating the young will get us completely free of restrictions in another 4 weeks.

:wavey:

Attachments

• DF528CA4-1152-4820-893A-C30C867210EB.jpeg
    DF528CA4-1152-4820-893A-C30C867210EB.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 54

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I swear I posted this weekend - oh well. I know I typed it up. Many of my comments below were in that vanishing post.

@missy the eclipse picture your friend sent you is hysterical! Your ice cream all looks delicious and great pictures of the deer. Sasha looks quite content taking a nap. I love the cat tree with all of your kitties. That cat t-shirt is funny! Glad you are getting nice enough weather to go cycling. I hope it does work out for Greg that he can work at home all the time; I think quite a few companies / businesses are going that route. Sadly not where I work. I do like getting out and of course driving my car.
@mrs-b your patio and flowers look fabulous. I can see myself hanging out there and totally relaxing. Your cluster ring is amazing - that might be what happened to my post - I went to find your other thread about your ring and earrings. Love your avatar photo. I am glad you have those unpleasant tests behind you now and even better you got the all clear results.

@canuk-gal I hope you are feeling a lot better now. That was very nice of that young man to help you out after you had your vaccine. I think a local saying applies to your area as well - if you don’t like the weather here just wait a day - it will probably change.

@springer-spaniel I hope things are going well with you.

@Austina it is amazing a difference power washing can make. Your driveway and walkway look great. I swept out the side of our garage where we both park - Marty needs to power wash that out. His “shop” side of the garage is pretty stuffed - I’ll leave that for him to sweep. Yes, we do have nasty weather here but strange as it may seem we have a lot of sunny days (or partial days). How is Colin doing today? Wishing him a speedy recovery. Bertie does look worn out; too cute. I saw where UK was extending when restrictions are being lifted. I swear my company is the last place in town requiring mask and social distancing.

@MamaBee I am with you on it’s easier to just donate things than try to sell them. It’s a hassle to “meet” someone and you have to advertise it, do you take cash, etc. I’d rather someone else enjoy it. When you decide you want to get rid of your depression glass you should check with Dee Jay and see if she’s interested. She has quite the glassware collection.

@bling_dream19 love your mom’s pearl bracelet. Very pretty, classic and elegant. Great idea to have multiple wedding rings. I have 4 bands I swap out with my ering. I am glad your mom is improving and that your life is changing for the better. We can’t ask for more than that, eh? I have several pieces of pearl jewelry that I don’t wear. I find the necklaces heavy. Marty got me most of them when he was working in Hong Kong. I’ll have to get pictures sometime for you.

Our weekend was busy. Marty went hiking Saturday with his sister and some clients from his gym. After they got back to town we went out to lunch. Saturday night Marty and I watched some movies and had popcorn for supper. I ran errands while Marty and hiking. When I got home the garage door wouldn’t open so; when Marty got home from his hike he checked it and said the spring was broke. Since it was the weekend we decided a garage door opener in the summer wasn’t something we were willing to pay the off hours emergency fee on so we had it fixed today.

Marty is having a rough day. He hurts from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet. He’s not a good “sickie” either. He gets grumpy. I notice he felt good enough to mess with my bears today though.

Our mowed down flowers aren’t perking up as hoped. At least the dahlia and a few of the daisy-like flowers are hanging in there.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with your appt today @missy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with your appt today @missy

Thanks @Austina. I appreciate your good wishes. XO.

The rheumatologist wants me to wait before starting op meds. Just to continue bhrt and whatever else I’m doing. My BMD increased a bit but he’s a man of few words so I don’t know if it’s statistically significant. I’m relieved I didn’t lose more bone. Good news overall but I’m still in the red re bone quality.

So I’ll keep on working hard trying to Increase my bone quality and density with weights, diet and supplements and I’ll keep taking hormones and hoping for the best.

I have a telemedicine call with the bone specialist next Wednesday and hopefully he’ll be able to shed more light on what is my best path. Let’s see if he agrees with the rheumatologist. I emailed him today’s results.

Have a wonderful Tuesday lovely ladies. A big hug from me to you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Austina. I appreciate your good wishes. XO.

The rheumatologist wants me to wait before starting op meds. Just to continue bhrt and whatever else I’m doing. My BMD increased a bit but he’s a man of few words so I don’t know if it’s statistically significant. I’m relieved I didn’t lose more bone. Good news overall but I’m still in the red re bone quality.

So I’ll keep on working hard trying to Increase my bone quality and density with weights, diet and supplements and I’ll keep taking hormones and hoping for the best.

I have a telemedicine call with the bone specialist next Wednesday and hopefully he’ll be able to shed more light on what is my best path. Let’s see if he agrees with the rheumatologist. I emailed him today’s results.

Have a wonderful Tuesday lovely ladies. A big hug from me to you.

@missy It sounds like the visit went well. Hopefully the bone specialist agrees. You’ve been doing a lot on your end to help. XO

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

A couple of gorgeous weather days...warm, some wind/gusts, some sprinkles...I don't want to see tornados but this is the weather patterns for them ....... I just rather watch Sharknado on reruns.

Worked yesterday. Great day. Rode today after errands and the gusts died down. It is humid. Managed to remember to wear sunscreen.

Went to the organic market and bought gorgeous strawberries, apricots, roma tomatoes and basil. Made a lovely bruschetta. mmmmmm

Keep well peoples!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Wonderful Wednesday.

We enjoyed a beautiful day cycling after we got back from the rheumatologist appointment in the city yesterday and today looks like another glorious cycling day. Just a quick good morning to everyone.

Look at these colors, wow. No photo editing done.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 6.40.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 6.40.24 AM.png

The ocean was a green blue and the sky a bright beautiful blue. Amazing.
And no cycling day would be complete without ice cream of course. Did someone say ice cream? :lickout:

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 6.40.48 AM.png

@MamaBee thank you for your encouraging words. Not sure the improvements are statistically significant but at least I didn't lose more bone that we can see at least so big relief there. Once I start OP meds because I am relatively young (I say relatively because I am not young d'oh lol) I might run out of meds I can take since most have a 1-2 year limit on them. So I think that is his reasoning behind not starting me on them now. Of course I say think because he is a man of very few words. I don't like that he doesn't explain anything and if I hadn't been doing all my own research all these past months I would be clueless. Anyway I will see what the bone specialist I am having a call with next week has to say. Hope all is well with you. XOXO.

@canuk-gal yay for gorgeous weather and boo to tornadoes. May your cycling days continue and may the weather be calm and cooperate. And yes to sunscreen. Hope work continues to go smoothly. HUGS.

@sarahb any summer vacation plans? Thinking of you and sending hugs and lots of blingy vibes.

@bling_dream19 speaking of blingy....hope you are enjoying a happy and blingful week. XOXO.

@marcy good morning. I am sorry Marty isn't feeling well and hope he is all better today. Sounds like you had a good and full weekend and yes to popcorn for dinner lol. Once in a while it's a nice change. Hope your flowers do perk up soon. We are having similar challenges with our grass and poor Greg keeps reseeding and blocking off areas of our lawn. He really likes challenges and doesn't quit but honestly I keep seeing money go down the grassy drain. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end though and he did plant flowers last week so hope they will start growing soon. Sunpatiens, Coleus, Begonias. I like the finished product but he enjoys the process too. We are a good fit just like you and Marty. I am glad you enjoy driving. I do too as long as I am not in traffic. I loathe traffic. Hope work is going well and hugs to you and the teddy bears.

@Austina your house and driveway look lovely. Kudos to you. And Bertie is a mush, a love. Animals are the best. Hope Colin is continuing to do very well and hugs to you.

@springerspaniel hope you are having a good week. XOXO.

@Polabowla sending continued healing vibes and hugs your way.

@junebug17 hope your week is going well. XOXO.

@mrs-b your birthday is coming up! What are your special plans? Sending you big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Off to workout but wanted to wish you a wonderful Wednesday. Big hugs to everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning/afternoon Snowflake!!! ♥️♥️♥️
just saw this on our security camera from yesterday afternoon.

B1EB0667-430B-4D5D-8EC2-84A36F70BC9A.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning/afternoon Snowflake!!! ♥️♥️♥️
just saw this on our security camera from yesterday afternoon.

B1EB0667-430B-4D5D-8EC2-84A36F70BC9A.jpeg

@missy Snowflake! I’m so happy she’s okay!
I think you’re on the right track with keeping your bone density! If you can keep it the same and then hopefully even gain some…that would be so wonderful.
I pop on here for short bursts…I’m so busy my head spins…I actually walk around with my phone reading when I’m doing other things. I’m picking my mom up today for Dairy Queen Ice cream. I have to drive a half hour each way just to drive through..haha We have Brusters here which is amazing ice cream…Nope…She wants Dairy Queen so I’m picking her up..I’m also on the hunt for an Italian store to get cookies for my husband for Father’s Day. He doesn’t want anything for holidays, birthdays, etc. He can’t even wear the clothes he has so he doesn’t want anymore. He’s not into fashion anyway…so cookies it is. The ones he likes are the ones like this…haha I can find them here around Christmas but not now. There’s a bakery in Brooklyn that ship them but it won’t arrive by Sunday. Wish me luck! 9F3EF4FA-AC0C-4716-ACEA-3D59B38DC9D9.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between the ice cream and the cookies - this thread is major temptation!

@missy - your most recent photos of the ocean - WOW!! I miss the ocean so much. One day Tim and I will take a vacation. I just have no idea when that will be! We're talking about Grand Cayman next March, but we'll see. Great news about no more bone loss, but I wish it came a little easier to you. My back has been really bad over the last week or so, and I'll be out walking today for only the third time in the last week, and even then, only short, one mile walks. I'm currently wearing a back brace (mmm - sexy!) and icing regularly. Can I get an update on the thyroid issues for you pls? Have you pushed back doing anything there and are just taking a rest on that particular issue for now? That sounds like a good plan to me. ox And a SERIOUS yaaaaaaay! re Snowflake!

@MamaBee - your adventures with your mother make me chuckle. I wish you well in your Dairy Queen escapade and I hope you find the cookies for your DH! What a nice wife you are that you keep up with the little things! Please don't walk into any poles while walking and reading your phone! ox

@canuk-gal - it sounds as tho things have improved, weather-wise for you! And more cycling - yay! How is the new bike going? And how is work? How many days are you working this week? If I were you, I'd find it hard not to schedule all my work days by the weather! Sunny day = no work, sort of thing. How is your garden doing?

@Austina - Bertie!! What a love! That FACE! I laughed out LOUD when I saw it! Dogs - there's nothing like them! They really abandon themselves in the moment, don't they? It's nice that Adam and Kim could get away - how did they enjoy Cancun? I'm pretty sure I'd LOVE Cancun at the moment! Tim is super stressed with work, to the point that he's considering retiring earlier than he had planned. If he does that, we'd probably go home to Australia - maaaaajor upheaval, tho nothing more than you're contemplating with your move to Texas! I'm glad Colin is doing well in his recovery. I have a couple of varicose veins in my right leg I've considered having removed. What was the tipping point for Colin? Mine are mostly just horrible to look at, tho I've seen much worse, I suppose. I don't have pain from them, so it would be just aesthetic.

@bling_dream19 - I really do love those pearls. My friend, Wendy, has offered me her mother's Mikimotos - 2 strands - for me to string together into one long strand, and I might take her up on it. I've been thinking about doing it for a long time but have been putting it off. We'll see. Currently I'm still just trying to get my diamonds all set. PITN. (Pain in the neck!) How is your mom and any news on the arrival of the reset cluster earrings? I posted my new cluster ring in SMTB, if you care to have a look. It's from DKJ - my design - and is very pretty.

@springerspaniel - how is the paper doing? Thinking about you and looking forward to the day I open my inbox and...there it IS! I hope you're still managing to enjoy your summer and that it's not all work.

@marcy - I HATE that! When you type a long reply and then lose it! Soooo annoying! I'm sorry if my new pieces were the cause. And I'm sorry to hear about your flowers - tho happy the dahlias (one of my all time fave flowers!) are hanging in there! I love my patio and had a new hammock frame deivered yesterday...on the basis that I lost the last one. How does one lose a hammock frame in one's garage?? And how is Marty? I hope he's feeling better!

DAVID ARRIVES THIS EVENING! Yaaaaay! I haven't seen him in months, and it will be SO awesome to have him here! He's here for 11 days - partly for my birthday but more, truth be told, to recuperate a little. So here's the skinny on that....

He's still not well. And he's getting worried. I've been worried for weeks now. He's back to peeing every hour or two - even during the night - so he's made an appt with his PCP for when he gets home, and I have a horrible feeling his next port of call will be an oncologist. They still have no explanation for what happened to him, and his right ankle still swells when he's on it for any amount of time. His left leg, where he had the surgery, is healing, but still has the staples in it. He's still very tired and naps a lot - more than what one would after something like this. He's just not himself and still has a lot of unexplained symptoms. I'm hoping a visit here with no work will help.

Eleanor and Nathaniel arrive on Friday - Eleanor for 2 months until she goes back to school, and Nathaniel for 9 days, when he'll head back to LA with David. The day before my birthday, my friend, Hudson_Hawk on PS, is coming over and we're heading out to dinner together. Tim has booked us a limo, which is a hoot, and we're doing the tasting menu at my favorite restaurant in Boston (Menton).

Sunday, my birthday, is also Father's Day, so I'll make a nice breakfast for David and Tim and I believe Eleanor and Nathaniel have somethng to give their Dad. We'll BBQ in the evening and eat keto cheesecake, like all good keto people should. :)) Tim has bought me some lovely Italian pottery pieces, plus organized the limo for me and is paying for dinner, which is exactly the sort of birthday gift I like.

My setting for my new ACA diamond is progressing and I *think* Amy and I are on the last CADs. I'm hoping it will go into production early next week. My cluster ring is done and my gypsy ring should be done by early next week, so I should have that by the end of that week. We're really making time and the collection is drawing to a close. Hopefully by the end of this year.

Love to you all and wishing you a wonderful Wednesday! Leaving you with a photo of my beautiful Cirrus who is dozing on the bed next to me.

NIRDI shout out! <3

20210616_100020.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Colin had some major veins removed about 16 years ago, (they looked like purple/blue ropes!) the catalyst was that his legs ached a lot of the time. He’s had some aching with these veins, so decided to get them sorted out before the move @mrs-b .This surgery was far less invasive than last time, local anaesthetic, and the cuts are tiny and healing up well. I’m sorry to hear that David is still so unwell, and how worrying that is for you all. It certainly doesn’t sound as though anything they’ve done has helped in the least. Your birthday treat sounds wonderful, another June baby and honestly, I just can’t muster any enthusiasm to do anything at all. Aww Cirrus looks so comfy. I’m glad Bertie gave you a laugh, because that was exactly our reaction. The hotel where Adam and Kim stayed, looked really nice and the beach looked lovely.

I hope the drive is worth it and your Mum enjoys her DQ ice cream @MamaBear. How‘s everything else with you, how’s David doing? Good luck with your cookie hunt, Shatzie sounds like Colin, anything sweet, and he’s in heaven!

I hope Marty is feeling better @marcy, are any men good at illness? :lol: I NEVER want to have to do that job again, but I’m really pleased with the results. In reality, the extension to the restrictions are no big deal to us, what’s a few more weeks, not like we‘ve got anything else to do or places to go?

Oh @missy, how great to see Snowflake, and looking straight at the camera as if to let you know that he/she’s OK. Wow the scenery is just stunning and I hope you’ve have a lovely day being out and about in it. Colin is fine, absolutely pain free and the incisions are healing nicely, so all good. Good news that you’ve lost no more density, I know it could‘ve been better news, but at least no deteriorating.

It’s hot and sticky here, so we’ve been spending a lot of time sitting under a big parasol in the garden. We had our pre-construction meeting yesterday and met Bob the Builder :lol: He’s reassured us that things are getting back to normal there, and more trades are returning so they’ll be scraping the lot and making a start this week. One slightly disappointing thing, we had thought the lot was flat, but now it’s been properly surveyed, we’ll have to have some steps at the back which we were hoping to avoid. Oh well, at least things are moving now. He thinks it’ll take between 8-11 months to complete the house, he’s hoping for the former if everything goes to plan.

Adam picked up his car yesterday, and he’s thrilled to bits with it, I knew the minute he got up this morning, he’d FT us to show it off :lol:

I hope you’re all having a great day lovely NIRDIS :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s hot and sticky here, so we’ve been spending a lot of time sitting under a big parasol in the garden. We had our pre-construction meeting yesterday and met Bob the Builder :lol: He’s reassured us that things are getting back to normal there, and more trades are returning so they’ll be scraping the lot and making a start this week. One slightly disappointing thing, we had thought the lot was flat, but now it’s been properly surveyed, we’ll have to have some steps at the back which we were hoping to avoid. Oh well, at least things are moving now. He thinks it’ll take between 8-11 months to complete the house, he’s hoping for the former if everything goes to plan.

@Austina - saw your post and just popped back to say...

This is SO exciting! I'm sorry about the steps - I love a flat lot! But it doesn't sound tooo bad, so hopefully the overall feel will be the same. We have 5 steps, I think, front and back here, but the lot in general feels flat. Not perfect - but close.

'Bob the Builder' made me laugh! And here's hoping it's 8 months with no hold ups!

And you're dead right - nothing the drs have done for David so far have helped at all for the long term. The IV antibiotics pulled him back from sepsis and the surgery was necessary to clean out the infection, and they all seem very pleased with what they've achieved - and well done, I suppose. BUT - as far as long term solutions go - nothing. It could come back with no warning, and David is *totally* aware of that, and very distracted by the idea of it. I hear it in his voice when I speak to him and feel so badly. It's a worrying time.

And - all cards on the table here - I am a full on junkie for house projects - ESPECIALLY new builds. So please be generous with the photos! That 2 ft of half finished basement wall might seem dull to most people, but to me it's the nectar of life! So - cameras at the ready by anyone who visits the project!

Seriously tho - this is great news. :)) Congratulations!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

@Austina, very exciting that construction on the house is underway. Too bad about the stairs but sometimes these things just can't be helped. Wow, fantastic job on the driveway; what a difference! Such a sweet pic of Bertie, and how nice Adam and Kim went on vacation. Glad to read Colin is doing well after his surgery but so sorry about the bleeding. Stressful and I'm sure you're both relieved it's over. Congrats to Adam on his new car, how fun.

@mrs-b, love your garden, beautiful blooms...and your veranda is lovely and inviting. Fantastic news that you got good results on your tests and you're good for the next two years. I'm sorry David is still not doing well, it's frustrating and scary not to have a diagnosis. It's good he's visiting, and getting a chance to rest and relax. So nice Eleanor and Nathaniel are coming too, and can spend your birthday with you. Your plans sound so fun and I'm sure you'll all have a great time. Can't wait to see your new setting.

@canuk-gal, congrats on being fully vaccinated but sorry you felt faint afterwards. So nice of the young guy to help. Glad to see you're getting lots of cycling in. Yum to your trip to the organic market, and I love bruschetta. I had to refer to your post 2 times to get that spelling right LOL.

@missy, what a sweet pic of Sasha and I'm glad you've been seeing Snowflake. The pic of all four cats together is really cute. And Archie is gorgeous and he's growing so fast. Sounds like there's a good chance Greg will be able to work from home for the foreseeable future and that's great. Glad to see you got some encouraging news from the rhumatologist and I hope the bone specialist can provide some helpful additional info for you.

@MamaBee, good luck with finding the cookies; my local bakery usually carries those kinds, maybe check out a few in your area? Your dh sounds just like mine when it comes to presents. I know you are a very busy lady but I hope you give yourself a break whenever you can. It's very nice that you're taking your mom on an outing, it will be good for her and I'm sure she'll enjoy it. Any word on your asscher reset?

@marcy, sorry to read that Marty is under the weather and I hope he's feeling better. It's a shame about your flowers but I'm glad a few are hanging in there. Sounds like you had a good weekend and I hope your week at work is going well so far.

@bling_dream19, I fully support the concept of multiple wedding sets LOL. It's fun to switch things up. Your mother's bracelet is beautiful. Love pearls, so elegant and classic. I'm glad to hear your mother is slowly but surely making progress and I send her lots of healing thoughts. And glad to read that you are doing well, feeling positive, and enjoying your amazing collection.

I had a great visit with my nephew and his family. It was so nice to see them and now that we're all vaccinated I'll be visiting more often. Also met my friend for lunch on Saturday. I've been doing a lot of gallivanting as my father used to say haha.

We'll be heading back to SC next week and spending about 10 days there. In the meantime I'm going to try to follow Austina's lead and do some clearing out around this house. Wish me luck lol.

Take care all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@junebug17 happy travels and good luck with the stuff removal. I always find it very cathartic (but A LOT of work!)

Got a call to work Friday--I can handle it. @mrs-b I choose my days and amount of time I spend at work. So this week I worked Monday and Friday. Two days a week is great, three bordering on too much. LOL. I am getting lazy. In the winter I don't mind so much because I can't cycle, but in the spring/summer/fall I do try and get outside as much as possible. And our garden is just blooming now!

Brutal winds today so my cycling. I can hear it howling! I'll take a walk instead. DH golfed but it isn't fun in the wind.

@Austina hope your family is happy with their new car. Very popular vehicle around here.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results