carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@Polabowla big hugs and healing vibes continuing to be sent your way.

@mrs-b I love that photo of Tim and Cirrus. :love:
Thank you for your kind wishes and good thoughts for Snowflake. I am so worried about him and I fear the worst. We have not seen him for 6 days...before his injury he was here daily. This is a bad sign but I am holding out hope. As for my endometrial issues...I am waiting still as the original gynecologist has not yet contacted me. But I reached out to my girlfriend who is a gynecologist and she feels 5 mm is fine and no biopsy is warranted. However I am still bleeding. I have a telemedicine call with her Friday. I hope she won't want me off BHRT. She doesn't know I am still bleeding as I stopped bleeding for a few days and told her but after I told her I started again and I haven't updated her as we have a call this Friday. Thanks for your good wishes always and right back at ya sweet friend. So glad to hear David is doing better but I agree with you that mystery diagnoses are the worst and I hope he has a solid and fixable diagnosis soon. I appreciate your generous offer to chat about this and I might take you up on it at some future date. I am so relieved your cancer was caught quickly and you have made a full recovery. Cancer is a scary diagnosis. Glad you are through it and at the other end safe and sound and well. Those hoops look sassy and sophisticated on you. LOVE.

@Austina I am so happy for you that you are enjoying lovely weather. We lucked out yesterday and it turned out to be a beautiful cycling day. Haha yes solar power but let's say its performance was underwhelming so we might just send it back. Trying one more day. Bertie is a good boy and that does not surprise me.

@springerspaniel the paper that keeps on giving. But you will conquer it and prevail. Of that I have zero doubt. You are a perfectionist and it will be a masterpiece when you are finished with it. I would love reading it when you are done if you are open to sharing it.

@marcy hope you are still enjoying your birthday week and that work is behaving itself.

@canuk-gal glad you are enjoying sunny days and heat and may that continue and may work be calm and you get to be outside more than inside during the lovely weather days.

@MamaBee glad you enjoyed a lovely long weekend.

@Slick1 hope this short week is easy for you and all is well.

@bling_dream19 hello there sweet friend, hope you had a great weekend and the week is off to a good start.

@sarahb hope you had a happy and fun weekend.

@MMtwo thinking of you and sending lots of good wishes.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
We enjoyed a nice long ride yesterday and hope to do the same today.
Sending you all hugs and love.

Leaving you with our Memorial Day ice cream and a photo from yesterday that is most fitting for the holiday. I am sharing the ice cream with each and everyone of you.
XOXO.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 7.04.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 7.06.25 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning..Sometimes you just have to laugh..No...
We woke up to a flood in our storage room. Our water heater which was full started draining during the night..I had a a bunch of hand knotted rugs near there that got ruined. It looks like someone was murdered because the red dye mixed with the water. We don’t know how we’re going to get them out of there because they soaked up the water. They are HEAVY..No showers today..

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend..We did..Back to the grind..haha bbl XO

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We woke up to a flood in our storage room. Our water heater which was full started draining during the night..I had a a bunch of hand knotted rugs near there that got ruined. It looks like someone was murdered because the red dye mixed with the water. We don’t know how we’re going to get them out of there because they soaked up the water. They are HEAVY..No showers today..

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

You've gotta be kidding! I'm so sorry, J!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee how frustrating! You might need those big fans to dry them out before you can move them. Hope your DH is feeling up to it!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The sun fell on us today..Our heating/guy found us the last water heater in the supply chain he uses...TG...Covid has messed up the supply for everything including water heaters. This one is some special one that’s hard to get..We just can’t go to Home Depot, etc..Of course...The water heater itself is $2,950.. not counting the labor which is usually a lot more than the part itself...We feel lucky because the guy said some of them are back ordered for months..
I cancelled David’s dental appointment but kept the roof repairs...Fun times...Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

@MamaBee how frustrating! You might need those big fans to dry them out before you can move them. Hope your DH is feeling up to it!

cheers--Sharon

I’m going to call 1800YOUGOTJUNK to get rid of the wet ones. I can’t save them. They’re hand dyed and not supposed to get wet. I also have a huge wing chair that I purchased at an antique store years ago with the intention of having it reupholstered. That’s going to go to furniture heaven too..
The bright side is now I’m able to get to that area to start donating all the stuff we’ve had from other houses and don’t use.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM girls and happy FriYAY!

@bling_dream19 we were in Italy for 3 weeks back in early 2000s and we had gelato every night. I got sick of it after a while lol I know that is crazy. I never get sick of ice cream though. Something about gelato and the sweetness and consistency. But I did enjoy it every night while we were there. Just glad to get back to ice cream. I talk a lot about ice cream don't I
:lol:
Wow love the WF drops. You know I do . Hope you have a marvelous friYAY and wonderful holiday weekend. XOXO.

@MamaBee safe travels and I am so relieved your DH is A OK. What a harrowing experience. Stay safe and be well and hugs to you and your entire crew.

@mrs-b well he doesn't have sugar free but he also isn't shipping at the moment. I will keep you posted. And fwiw you cannot go wrong with Generac or central AC IMO. Electricity is the greatest invention ever and I could not live without my AC or my electricity. Hugs and happy FriYAY.

@marcy hope you are enjoying a long holiday weekend now that you are done with appraisals and all that stuff and hope you are having fun with your new iPad. Happy Memorial Day weekend. XOXO.

@Slick1 enjoy a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

@sarahb sending you hugs and wonderful weekend vibes.

@springerspaniel happy FriYAY. XOXO.

@Polabowla hope things are going smoothly and you have a lovely holiday weekend. Hugs.

@Austina hope you love your haircut and that you and Colin enjoy a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@canuk-gal happy weekend. Hope all is well with you and your family. Hugs.

@MMtwo thinking of you and hoping all is well. Hugs to you and your son. I hope you enjoy a lovely holiday weekend.

So we are going to have a pretty cold and wet weekend starting today and lasting perhaps for a number of days. But it has been great til now so no complaints. We rode yesterday again (60 miles) and enjoyed a large ice cream too. Today we will probably forgo riding since the winds are fierce and rain is coming in early afternoon. We shall run errands and such and nothing too exciting. No sign of Snowflake sadly. Nothing new to report. Have a wonderful FriYAY lovely ladies and big hugs.

Leaving you with our ice cream from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.02.12 AM.png

Enjoy a sweet FriYAY girls.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

Big hugs @missy..You certainly have a lot going on...medically and with worrying about Snowflake...I hope she turns up soon.
I had a D&C many years ago...I would ask for a general. I got light sedation. I woke up many times and kept kicking my doctor. Why they didn’t tie down my feet I’ll never understand. I didn’t have any pain at all though...My doctor wasn’t so lucky..:twisted2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
How much would you tip the guy putting in the water heater with the owner? The owner is our a/c heating cooling guy. He did us a favor by doing this for us. I wouldn’t tip him because he’s the owner but should I tip the helper which I also see all the time doing our seasonal maintenance? I have never even thought of tipping him? Should I? I think of them as professionals like electricians and plumbers..so I don’t tip them..

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Idk, if you normally don't tip it's probably not necessary. Maybe give him 10 - 20 dollars since it was a favor?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Idk, if you normally don't tip it's probably not necessary. Maybe give him 10 - 20 dollars since it was a favor?

Thank you @junebug17! Tipping makes me nervous...I wish we were like Europe. They pay everyone well so you don’t need to tip..I’m always afraid to undertip.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know @MamaBee, me too! I'm insecure about tipping LOL. Not with restaurants but with this kind of situation.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know @MamaBee, me too! I'm insecure about tipping LOL. Not with restaurants but with this kind of situation.

They just left! They were there all day.. They wouldn’t take a tip..but I followed them to the truck and slipped a fifty into the helper’s shirt pocket and asked him to get both of them lunch tomorrow..Then out of my mouth came “Like a stripper!” They died laughing. I heard them still laughing when they were driving out of my driveway..When you’re tired and stressed I guess things come out of your mouth without thinking! :lol:I do know them ten years so it’s not like we were strangers..OMG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They just left! They were there all day.. They wouldn’t take a tip..but I followed them to the truck and slipped a fifty into the helper’s shirt pocket and asked him to get both of them lunch tomorrow..Then out of my mouth came “Like a stripper!” They died laughing. I heard them still laughing when they were driving out of my driveway..When you’re tired and stressed I guess things come out of your mouth without thinking! :lol:I do know them ten years so it’s not like we were strangers..OMG

TOOO FUNNY.......:lol-2: Out of the mouth of babes.....

Another very nice day at work!

Gorgeous weather I am going for a walk...now if I could only find someone to make me supper...like a stripper?:P2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to call 1800YOUGOTJUNK to get rid of the wet ones. I can’t save them. They’re hand dyed and not supposed to get wet. I also have a huge wing chair that I purchased at an antique store years ago with the intention of having it reupholstered. That’s going to go to furniture heaven too..
The bright side is now I’m able to get to that area to start donating all the stuff we’ve had from other houses and don’t use.

Sensible solution to a challenging problem. Don't forget to cover your floors all the way out....you don't need is red dye all over the place.....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday wishes. I really appreciate it.

@missy thank you for the birthday poem and I totally loved the birthday bears; very cute. Your friend has a great view! I hope that new solar canopy works great. I hate to hear you started bleeding again; hoping your appointment goes well this week. Enjoying your pictures. I hope Snowflakes shows up okay soon.
@Austina I love the birthday bunny; a bunny that won’t try to bite me. How fun for Adam and Kim going out to check your site; we totally drove my almost daily when they were building our house. I must have a thousand pictures of the progress. My dad was out “watching” them work during the day. I am sure the contractors weren’t pleased. That’s awesome Bertie is doing so well and it’s noticed even by neighbors. Good deal for decent weather.

@canuk-gal I hope you have a pleasant and stress free week. I’m planning on doing the same. Glad you had some lovely weather.

@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well.

@Polabowla I hope you are feeling better soon.

@springerspaniel darn that working on the paper!

@mrs-b I think your hair looks nice. Sadly no - work can never leave me alone; I had to log in several more times this weekend. I totally ignored my emails yesterday so I could plead ignorance. What a relief David is doing better but I hate to hear he still needs further treatment to get that ankle better. Hoping he gets better and in less pain every day.

@MamaBee ooh a silver spinel sounds fabulous. Can’t wait to see it. That is awful about your water heater and flooded rugs. Wet rugs are very heavy. What a relief to find a water heater; everything is hard to find these days. Too funny about the stripper comment; I am sure they had a good chuckle over lunch. It’s tough to know what to tip.

I’ve had a busy weekend and enjoyed my day off today. Dinner was good Sunday with friends; everyone left about midnight after several hours or poker (no money involved) and everyone seemed to have a good time. I stayed up after they left and loaded the second batch of dishes in the dishwasher. I’m OCD that way. Marty and my SIL said they’d help the next morning but I assured them I was okay and would rather do it then. I was lazy yesterday and my SIL and I watched most of the Yellowstone episodes airing over the weekend. Today I got my club newsletter done and posted online for June, did laundry then after talking to my sister for over an hour for the second time this weekend I decided I deserved fresh chocolate chip cookies. She can go on rants about the dumbest things. I swear I’d rather talk to her 5 to 10 minutes a day than for over an hour. I’m not a fan of talking on the phone.

Take care,
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
TOOO FUNNY.......:lol-2: Out of the mouth of babes.....

Another very nice day at work!

Gorgeous weather I am going for a walk...now if I could only find someone to make me supper...like a stripper?:P2

:lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy I’m sorry I missed your birthday. I hope it was a fun day..You deserve it..

I’ve been looking for an emerald cut silver spinel for a while. I wanted it to be diamond like but not expensive. I miss my moissanite emerald cut..I’m not sorry I sold it..It was the right decision..What I really want is a 4 carat emerald cut diamond. That’s not happening. I saw the cushion and jumped. It’s a mixed cut. The center kind of looks emerald cut with a keel. It will take a while to get here..so I have a wait..

Attachments

• BF8736C0-D9D9-493B-8D1F-A710EB5C8965.jpeg
    BF8736C0-D9D9-493B-8D1F-A710EB5C8965.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 4

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MamaBee That spinel looks very pretty. I will be anxious to see it when you get it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! It's Wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

@marcy so glad you had a day off and enjoyed a wonderful birthday.

@MamaBee love it. I would have tipped as well and I am sure they appreciated it despite turning it down first.

@Austina @mrs-b @springerspaniel @sarahb @bling_dream19 @Slick1 @Polabowla @canuk-gal @junebug17 and @Bayek any one I missed good morning.

I am tired today so just a quick hello and best wishes for a good day to everyone.
Leaving you with two photos from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 6.18.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 6.18.19 AM.png

Oh and yesterday something funny/sweet happened. We always get waved at while cycling and generally everyone's so friendly. Yesterday while waiting at a red light a young man jogging stopped and said he sees us everywhere up and down the shore and we are a jersey staple. I have to say it was quite heartwarming the way he said that.

A big hello to our sweet friend @MarionC who is heading home to the USA for a while.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s hot, hot, hot here!

Thank you @mrs-b. Because Kim hasn’t had a dog before, she’s very diligent in researching training and dog behaviours, and is doing really well with Bertie. He’s much more bonded with her now, before, he was totally obsessed with Adam. The little girl‘s family also has a dog, so she knows not to annoy or stress them, and Kim is hyper vigilant just in case. Bertie seems to be a very submissive dog too. Kim was telling me he won’t go in to either her or Adam’s office because they both have the walking treadmills, seems he escaped from a place where he’d been tied up to a weight rack so is scared of anything gym related. :cry:

Wowsers @MamaBee, that spinel is gorgeous, can’t wait to see it set. Oy to the max, it never rains but it pours. I’m sorry to hear about the flood and damage, but relieved you managed to get a new water heater installed so quickly. It’s always tricky dealing with tipping. We don’t tend to tip someone coming to do a specific job, like plumber, electrician etc., but if we get something delivered, and the delivery guys are particularly good, we generally give them £20-30 for ‘a drink’.

I hope you have a safe and smooth journey back @MarionC and little Monsieur Kine enjoys his flight.

Glad you’re weather is being cooperative @canuk-gal, we’ve just been out for a walk before it gets any hotter!

Sending gentle healing hugs your way @Polabowla

So glad you enjoyed your birthday @marcy, and like you, I have to clear up before going to bed. I’ve even been known to be hoovering past midnight so I know it’s all clean. Boo to work bothering you, and yay to ignoring them on your day off. Sounds like you’re really on top of things there. Believe me, if we were there, we’d be at the site often, I even said to Colin that once we are, we’ll stop off for doughnuts and cold drinks to sweeten the workmen up :lol:

Ugh, I’m sorry you’re still bleeding @missy, I’ve had my fair share of gynae problems over the years and can’t tell you what a relief it was when it all stopped. Did you have any thoughts about the Noresthisterone? I hope you get some answers soon, it really does wear you out. Take it easy and be kind to yourself. It’s certainly been ice cream weather here too.

We had several small jobs to do yesterday which took us all over. One of the bolts of our big parasol came out and we couldn’t find it, so we went to a little hardware shop near where we used to live. It’s a funny old fashioned sort of place where you can buy one bolt or screw. Colin took the parasol in so he could get exactly the right bolt. From there we went to get oil for the petrol pressure washer, and couldn’t find anything that matched the spec on the machine. After that we went to Costco, picked up a big tray of cherries and some other bits and pieces, and by the time we got home and had lunch, it was after 3pm. Then I had a chili plant to plant out, and before we knew it, it was after 6pm.

Yesterday’s stats showed there were no reported Covid deaths on Monday for the first time since this all began, so we’re keeping everything crossed that we’re still on track for all restrictions to be lifted on 21st June.

We have a few small jobs to do today, and will mainly be trying to keep cool!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRID’s!

@missy we have mallards at work too with little babies. There is a little man made pond / drainage ditch there they hang out there. Mmm ice cream; that is pretty cool what that guy said to you and Greg. You are celebrities! Maybe they’ll do a TV show on you.

@Austina we definitely sound alike staying up to finish cleaning up before going to bed. I hate to wake up to a mess. Good idea to take the contractors donuts and coffee; maybe Kim and Adam can arrange that for you sometime. As a matter of fact my dad used to bring the guys working on our house donuts. That store sounds great where you can pick up a single nut, screw or bolt. That comes in handy. Even better is when the person working in the store knows exactly where to find what you need. Cherries sound GREAT! Our Tuesday farmer’s market starts in 2 weeks; I am anxious to see what produce they will have this early.

@MarionC safe travels home.

It was a drag going back to work today; I sent Marty a text saying we must have moved near a black hole because time seemed to slow down. At least tomorrow is Thursday already. I lifted after work and have my supper baking. I ate my raw veggies already since I was hungry. I totally plan on have a dish of ice cream afterwards too. This time I picked up vanilla and chocolate syrup to put on top.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well, it hit 30C today!!!! OHMIHEATGODDESS!! Busy day. Then hit our fav patio. We were alone for half and hour--it was glorious! I didn't have to cook and enjoyed happy hour. Piled on the pearls. It was a fabu day and I almost felt normal again. Except for the mask in my pocket. LOL

Didn't get to ride due to other commitments. But tomorrow. DH golfs, I'll cycle.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I collect hand knotted rugs. Just because they are soaked does not mean they are ruined. When the red dye runs it can be a big mess. You have a few options. You can have a professional pick up the rugs and have them professionally cleaned. Because they are soaked and heavy, there will be an extra charge. It will not be cheap. Or you can take the rugs outside and clean them yourself. I do this now with all of my oriental carpets. You are going to have to get the rugs out of the house anyway. You may have to pay some high school athletes, local off duty firemen or garbage men to get them out. Once outside, give them a good hose down with cold water. Presoak it with diluted white vinegar to prevent more dye running. Use mild detergent for wool and scrub with a brush both sides and rinse thoroughly. I place the rugs over patio furniture to dry. Any kind of elevation will do. It will take a few days to completely dry. Put back in house and give them a good vacuuming. It is worth a try rather than tossing the rugs out. Hope this helps.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy sorry work dragged on yesterday but yay tomorrow is Friday or rather, FriYAY. Sweet you enjoyed dessert yesterday and baked and lifted. That was a productive day. How was the ice cream? We enjoyed ice cream yesterday too. Haha big surprise. Hope today goes faster at work and smoothly too.

@canuk-gal yay for hot weather for you. We have some very hot weather coming this weekend but I am not as excited about it as you would be lol. Hope you enjoy cycling today and your DH has fun golfing.

@Austina yay for no new covid deaths. I too am holding my breath and crossing my fingers that the pandemic ends soon without more deaths. What a surreal and challenging year plus it has been. Glad you got some errands and tasks accomplished around the house and hope today goes smoothly as well.

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a lovely week and your mom's recovery is going well.

@Slick1 you must be feeling the energy of summer coming and getting excited. I know I am excited for you. It's been a long year.

@springerspaniel hope the paper is going well and almost finished. And hope you are having a good week.

@sarahb I cannot believe it is almost the weekend again. Hope your week is proving sweet.

@rainwood good morning, hope you are having sweet dreams. Glad your weather has been lovely and that life is some semblance of "normal"...may that continue.

Hi @lambskin

@junebug17 hope you are having a good week.

@Polabowla how are you and the kids? Continuing to keep good thoughts for all of you.

@MamaBee how is Shatzie doing? Hope he is fully recovered.

@mrs-b hope the week is going well and David is continuing to improve.

@MarionC hope you are home safe and sound. Hugs to you and Kine.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
We rode yesterday and it was really lovely. Cool perfect temps and a lovely ride. Somehow working out lifting weights and stretching yesterday AM I pulled a muscle. At least that is all I hope I did. So after our ride I sat with a heating pad on my back all night and maybe it feels a little better. Not 100% sure. What is that quote about getting older and injuring ourselves putting on socks? Or how about the one about all the sports injuries we get in our sleep when we are older. LOL true.

Today is a stormy rainy thundering day so errands for us and no cycling. Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Thursday. XOXO.

Leaving you with our ice cream treat from yesterday. Yummmm.

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 6.20.34 AM.png

It was so peaceful down the shore yesterday. Just how I love it. Purrrrrfect.

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 6.21.17 AM.png

Enjoy a sweet Thursday lovely ladies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha this is one of the memes I was thinking of when I was sitting with my heating pad last night.
Truth.

fifty.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I collect hand knotted rugs. Just because they are soaked does not mean they are ruined. When the red dye runs it can be a big mess. You have a few options. You can have a professional pick up the rugs and have them professionally cleaned. Because they are soaked and heavy, there will be an extra charge. It will not be cheap. Or you can take the rugs outside and clean them yourself. I do this now with all of my oriental carpets. You are going to have to get the rugs out of the house anyway. You may have to pay some high school athletes, local off duty firemen or garbage men to get them out. Once outside, give them a good hose down with cold water. Presoak it with diluted white vinegar to prevent more dye running. Use mild detergent for wool and scrub with a brush both sides and rinse thoroughly. I place the rugs over patio furniture to dry. Any kind of elevation will do. It will take a few days to completely dry. Put back in house and give them a good vacuuming. It is worth a try rather than tossing the rugs out. Hope this helps.
Thank you @lambskin..We are older so our backs wouldn’t tolerate it. The rugs are really large so they wouldn’t be able to be put over patio furniture. I was told
they will donate them to places that will take them to clean them up..
I appreciate your help..I have smaller ones that weren’t affected by the water. We will try your method for those. Thanks again for trying to help.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha this is one of the memes I was thinking of when I was sitting with my heating pad last night.
Truth.

fifty.jpg

Hahaha! That’s the truth! I just want peace and quiet and a good back!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results