carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@marcy yay for being done with your appraisals and double Yay for your new iPad. I forgot to mention it but Greg got a new apple laptop and also sent his current one it to Apple to get fixed and he got them both and loves the new one very much and is quite pleased that the old one was fixed to perfection. Apple makes a quality product even though yes they do need to be fixed every now and then for sure. Anyway hope you love your new iPad and that work is going well. Hope lifting went well. Today I do weights. Which doubles my pre cycling workout. I am tired thinking about all I need to do this AM before we go cycling lol. Have a good day and woohoo long weekend coming up...I bet you are looking forward to that Marcy. Thanks for all your good wishes and I wish I could share my ice cream with you.

@Austina how did your hair cut and color go yesterday? Thanks for your kind wishes. Still haven't heard from my gynecologist but I am not in a rush to do anything about it at the moment. I am doing BHRT (for my bones as I never had any post menopausal symptoms) so yes I believe it is associated with that. Hope you are having a good morning.

@springerspaniel any holiday weekend plans?

@MamaBee how is S doing? How are you doing? And how is David? Hugs to you and lots of healing dust to S. How is your momma? Update us please.

@mrs-b ugh it is always multiple somethings. I am keeping you and David in my thoughts. Please tell me your favorite ice cream flavors.

@bling_dream19 any holiday plans? How is your mom doing? Hope work is calm and going smoothly.

@Slick1 hope you have fun plans for the holiday weekend.

@junebug17 hope you have a lovely holiday weekend filled with family and fun.

@Polabowla how are things going? Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

@sarahb I hope you and your family enjoy a lovely holiday weekend. Sending you lots of love.

@canuk-gal hope your family is doing well and that work is going well and is calm and have a wonderful day.

Upsetting update. Snowflake showed up yesterday in bad shape but he wouldn't go in the trap. I am very upset and called my sister asking if we could get a tranquilizer gun to try capturing him that way. But apparently that is impossible. If we cannot trap him and bring him to the vet he will die and he is proving impossible to trap. He is only coming every 3-4 days or so and refuses to go into the trap. We cannot grab him as he is feral and we cannot risk it. But if we cannot get him he dies. I am beside myself as you might imagine and because of this I couldn't eat anything last night. I know that is bad for my bone health and well I am doing the best I can. Greg is also quite upset about Snowflake and was looking all over for him after he disappeared. Snowflake is a living being and we don't know how to save him. A tranquilizer gun would work but that is out. Anyway just venting and asking for your good thoughts for our Snowflake. Please let him be OK somehow. Please.

Last night we lost power for a minute but the generator went on and then power came back. So weird. There was thunder and storms last night but we lost power before any real storms. Weird.

We did have a good cycling day yesterday and enjoyed ice cream and hope to do the same today before the bad weather arrives tomorrow through the holiday weekend including Monday.

Wish I could share this with all of you.
Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 5.52.16 AM.png

Enjoy a sweet Thursday lovely ladies. XOXO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Thursday friends! I am sorry to be out of the loop. Thank you for all of the shoutouts!
@missy the icrream is looking delicious! I enjoyed some Gelato this week which was delicious. Your heart is so kind and dear Snowflake knows you love him. I hear you on the lining issue and I hope the doctors figure it out soon. Much love and hugs to you.
@mrs-b you look beautiful and I love your new haircut! I hope you are feeling better. Sending prayers to you and your dear friend.
@Austina I'm trying not to work too hard and I'm definitely enjoying my bling! Today I'm wearing my eternity and ering, pink spinel pear ring and zircon pendant! Last night I wore my pear pendant. Basically I change up my jewelry a couple of times a day lol! Hey a girl loves to play! I hope you are well and happy and enjoying your new haircut too! Exciting you are getting a new car!
@marcy is the car queen! I hope you are not working too hard. Your jewelry from WF is just beautiful.
We are changing the WF studs to drops. Here they are as studs 20210507_114328.jpg and WF is going to turn them into these Semi-Custom-Flower-Cluster-Earrings-in-14k-Yellow-Gold-by-Whiteflash_59068_59183_a (1).jpg They truly are stunning! I want the set in white gold!! I don't need the set but I love flowers. We all get the addiction lol.
Nirdi shoutout and love and hugs to all!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Bayek I am soo sorry to hear about friend. There are no words. She knows you love her and are there for her.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b ugh it is always multiple somethings. I am keeping you and David in my thoughts. Please tell me your favorite ice cream flavors.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 5.52.16 AM.png

Enjoy a sweet Thursday lovely ladies. XOXO.

Honestly, @missy - I just wish I could jump through the screen and straight into one of those ice cream cups!!

My favorite flavor is - firstly - anything sugar free! But if there was a selection...rum and raisin, coconut, mango, reeeeeally dark chocolate, or strawberry. Or - frankly - anything else!! I just love ice cream!

I want you to know I'm praying for Snowflake. And I'm thinking of you. As always. <3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee -

Thinking of you and your DH and hoping all is ok with you. Holding you both in my prayers. ox

Thank you @mrs-b My hubby is better TG..It was rough seeing him go through it...It was the inversion table. It displaced the crystals in his ears. It took two full days of heaving, severe spinning, sweating...for it to leave. Thank you for all the well wishes and concern for my hubby. I am holding up..I’ve always been a good coper. I compartmentalize like @missy. It works for me...Some days I run out of compartments!

I’ve been busy with my mom today..The days just aren’t long enough. I finally got a POA for my mom today. My name is on all her accounts so I didn’t think I needed a POA..Well...No one would speak to me about anything insurance, etc. related without one..I printed a form off the internet...ran it by my son who’s an attorney in another state...and reworded some of it to fit us...I went into the home today and had it witnesses and notarized. It‘s a load off.

I emailed David about his thoughts about getting my ring to him and keeping it insured. He didn’t answer me back yet. He’s usually pretty quick to answer...I‘m seriously thinking of keeping it as it is..I would probably want baguettes again..lol...I don’t know that it would be worth the risk to do that. I love the swoopy profile. It’s just plainer and lighter than I’m use to. I have some pretty baguette bands that I’ve been stacking it with. I especially like the stack I have on today...I think I will leave well enough alone.

Sorry it’s about me today...Haha I’ve been reading your posts. I’ll be back on Sunday..We’re going to Maryland tomorrow...to Virginia on Saturday and then back to Maryland..Sunday is less crazy..:loopy: ❤️

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mrs-b My hubby is better TG..It was rough seeing him go through it...It was the inversion table. It displaced the crystals in his ears. It took two full days of heaving, severe spinning, sweating...for it to leave. Thank you for all the well wishes and concern for my hubby. I am holding up..I’ve always been a good coper. I compartmentalize like @missy. It works for me...Some days I run out of compartments!

I’ve been busy with my mom today..The days just aren’t long enough. I finally got a POA for my mom today. My name is on all her accounts so I didn’t think I needed a POA..Well...No one would speak to me about anything insurance, etc. related without one..I printed a form off the internet...ran it by my son who’s an attorney in another state...and reworded some of it to fit us...I went into the home today and had it witnesses and notarized. It‘s a load off.

I emailed David about his thoughts about getting my ring to him and keeping it insured. He didn’t answer me back yet. He’s usually pretty quick to answer...I‘m seriously thinking of keeping it as it is..I would probably want baguettes again..lol...I don’t know that it would be worth the risk to do that. I love the swoopy profile. It’s just plainer and lighter than I’m use to. I have some pretty baguette bands that I’ve been stacking it with. I especially like the stack I have on today...I think I will leave well enough alone.

Sorry it’s about me today...Haha I’ve been reading your posts. I’ll be back on Sunday..We’re going to Maryland tomorrow...to Virginia on Saturday and then back to Maryland..Sunday is less crazy..:loopy: ❤️

No no - I'm SO glad it's 'about you'! I've been really worried and am relieved things have settled. Goodness me, that sounded really disconcerting! No more inversion tables!!

In all seriousness, tho, I do worry about your stress levels, J - your hands are just so full. Big hugs to you, my friend!

I'm currently going back and forth with Amy re my new ACA - I'm so scared I'll screw it up!

I. Do. Not. Want. To. Do. This. Again.

...so this time has got to be spot on! It's the sort of design, too, where there's no tweaking possible - if it's not right when it's done, it will have to be redone from scratch. So I'm really trying to get it right! I'm currently working on 4 rings and 1 pair of earrings - plus a couple of repair/tweak-type projects, with another pair of earrings coming down the pipeline for Christmas, along with a pendant. If I can get all of that over the line, I will be DONE. Next year I intend to segue straight into plastic surgery without missing a beat!

Perhaps after a good lay down....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy FriYAY!

@bling_dream19 we were in Italy for 3 weeks back in early 2000s and we had gelato every night. I got sick of it after a while lol I know that is crazy. I never get sick of ice cream though. Something about gelato and the sweetness and consistency. But I did enjoy it every night while we were there. Just glad to get back to ice cream. I talk a lot about ice cream don't I
:lol:
Wow love the WF drops. You know I do . Hope you have a marvelous friYAY and wonderful holiday weekend. XOXO.

@MamaBee safe travels and I am so relieved your DH is A OK. What a harrowing experience. Stay safe and be well and hugs to you and your entire crew.

@mrs-b well he doesn't have sugar free but he also isn't shipping at the moment. I will keep you posted. And fwiw you cannot go wrong with Generac or central AC IMO. Electricity is the greatest invention ever and I could not live without my AC or my electricity. Hugs and happy FriYAY.

@marcy hope you are enjoying a long holiday weekend now that you are done with appraisals and all that stuff and hope you are having fun with your new iPad. Happy Memorial Day weekend. XOXO.

@Slick1 enjoy a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

@sarahb sending you hugs and wonderful weekend vibes.

@springerspaniel happy FriYAY. XOXO.

@Polabowla hope things are going smoothly and you have a lovely holiday weekend. Hugs.

@Austina hope you love your haircut and that you and Colin enjoy a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@canuk-gal happy weekend. Hope all is well with you and your family. Hugs.

@MMtwo thinking of you and hoping all is well. Hugs to you and your son. I hope you enjoy a lovely holiday weekend.

So we are going to have a pretty cold and wet weekend starting today and lasting perhaps for a number of days. But it has been great til now so no complaints. We rode yesterday again (60 miles) and enjoyed a large ice cream too. Today we will probably forgo riding since the winds are fierce and rain is coming in early afternoon. We shall run errands and such and nothing too exciting. No sign of Snowflake sadly. Nothing new to report. Have a wonderful FriYAY lovely ladies and big hugs.

Leaving you with our ice cream from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.02.12 AM.png

Enjoy a sweet FriYAY girls.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! I’m heading to Maryland where the cicadas are in full force. I want to wear a hair net or a hazmat suit. What is it with bugs lately! :oops2:

@mrs-b I would like your opinion on my Ashlee reset. I sent photos and a long message in IG messenger. I don’t want to talk about it here. I may be on the road so if I don’t answer that’s why.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I’m heading to Maryland where the cicadas are in full force. I want to wear a hair net or a hazmat suit. What is it with bugs lately! :oops2:

@mrs-b I would like your opinion on my Ashlee reset. I sent photos and a long message in IG messenger. I don’t want to talk about it here. I may be on the road so if I don’t answer that’s why.

Taking a look right now! Enjoy MD!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYay lovelies

@missy I know it’s very upsetting about Snowflake, but it’s just not possible to save them all, you’re doing so much for the ferals in your area, so please don’t beat yourself up. In an ideal world there’d be no ferals, but sadly, this is far from an ideal world. Poo to the horrible weekend weather, we had great weather yesterday and went out for a long walk in the morning, and were so warm. No plans for the weekend for us.

Oy @MamaBee, if it’s not one thing, it’s another. Colin had POA for his Mum, and we went to the bank one day, and were told she needed to come in. He told her if his mother had been capable of getting to the bank herself, she wouldn’t need him to have POA :roll: Glad that Shatzie is feeling better, thank goodness. Safe journey to MD.

Oh @mrs-b you are such a perfectionist and have such exquisite taste, I’m looking forward to seeing your finished collection. Hope things are OK with you and the Crohns is not causing you too many problems. How’s David?

@bling_dream19 the earrings are beautiful either way, so a totally win win situation for you. :lol: To changing your jewellery daily, why not? You have so many beautiful pieces to enjoy it’s only right to give them an airing.

Are you having fun with your new iPad @marcy?

We needed up having a busy day yesterday, after our walk, we had some cleaning to do, Colin polished the utility room floor while I was cooking. Then he had a pre-op appointment. The hospital is in the worst possible location imaginable, lots of narrow, twisting lanes, where there are areas that it’s just impossible for 2 cars to pass, and there‘re high banks either side of the road UGH! The appt was also at the worst possible time, 4.45pm, when the traffic is starting to build. Unfortunately Colin’s surgery has been put back to the 12th, and the thought of having to drop him off, come home and then go back in the evening to collect him, isn’t exactly filling me with joy.

We managed to get in a walk this morning before going for another test drive, a Toyota RAV 4, which I really liked.

It’s started raining here :cry:, it was beautiful earlier, so sunny and warm.

Just waiting for a food delivery, due anytime.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@MamaBee very glad to hear your DH is better! I think I mentioned the ear crystal thing in my post to you--but it doesn't matter. Is he doing the maneuvers (physio) to get the crystals realigned? You certainly are busy!

@Austina my friend just bought a new RAV 4. She loves it and it is gorgeous!

@bling_dream19 great earrings either way!

@missy our weather has been on and off--but consistently windy. Even my Mom was complaining! At least the wet weather has passed, for now. Too windy to ride but had a walk instead. Hope you get your Gyne issues sorted.

@mrs-b hope you and David are on the mend!

@marcy I hope you and your sapphires are keeping well.

I was not very busy this week. And I don't know why the tooth I had repaired is bothering me again. Never ends.:confused2:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Did our usual ride today--enjoyed it even though it was only 15C. Our weather predictions are looking positive tho! Bring on the heat!!

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy that is great Greg got his other laptop back and it works perfect. What did he get for his new laptop? I agree Apple makes a quality product but sadly they sometimes needs fixed. I have had really good luck with the laptops, phones and iPads I’ve had over the years. Still love the camera in our phones. You do have very full and busy days; sometimes it wears me out hearing what all you did that day; but you keep busy! I hate to hear about Snowflake; I hope he finds something to eat. Mega dust to Snowflake. Your ice cream looks delicious. I just had a Magnum mini ice cream bar. I am sorry you are having rain this weekend but as you’ll see below that means I’ll be working this weekend. Sigh.

@bling_dream your flower cluster dangle earrings are fabulous. You will love them. Do you have the matching pendant?

@mrs-b are you liking your new hairdo? I am so anxious to see all of your new jewelry. I hope you figure out what you want to do with your ACA; I totally get wanting to get the “keeper” this time. Even though it’s never cheap you can always change it again if you don’t like it. I am very picky with custom work -it’s kind of like gambling to me, I have to be willing to lose my investment so I have to learned to make sure my gut says this is it.

@MamaBee I am glad to hear your DH is doing better. Sorry you had so much on your plate. I am glad you got POA done for your mom; those legal documents can come in handy. My favorite though was the hand written note my dad left that said “Marcy is the judge; she has final say”. Trust me - my sister that is a prototype of a “Karen” wasn’t happy with that. It is tough to decide to keep what you’ve got in a ring or upgrade. The more chunky rings I have the more I notice rings that aren’t chunky. I’m glad most of my gemstone rings have an upgrade policy. I hope you had a nice time with all of your travels this weekend. I HATE bugs.

@Austina although it’s not funny I did chuckle about the bank wanting your MIL to come in rather than Colin having her POA. Some things just don’t make sense. My favorite story there is having the title transferred to me on my dad’s pickup. I looked online and took every single document with me they requested. The lady filled out form after form, notarized them and then noticed he hadn’t been dead for 30 days. She told me I had to come back in 2 days. I wanted to ask her if he’d be more dead in 2 days. So she gives me all the papers and says just bring these back and we’ll get this done. 2 days later I return, get a different clerk who says these are the wrong forms and we started all over again. As we often say here - you can’t make this stuff up. I hope Colin’s surgery goes well and I hate to hear the road can be challenging for you. When Marty flew to Hong Kong we’d have to be on the road before 4 am to get him to the airport in Denver. Generally I was still driving home in the dark so there really wasn’t anywhere I wanted to stop on the way home for food or a bathroom break. Made for LONG mornings.
@canuk-gal me and my sapphires are doing well; thanks. I seems to swap between that blue solitaire and the oval with the PC / baguette sides. I really like the color and those rings. I’m a sucker for blue. That’s great you had a slower week. I hate to hear your tooth is bothering you; I hope it feels better soon. That’s nice you got to ride even though it was chilly. We had a few nice days but I think your cooler weather is headed our way now as we are going to be rainy and in the 50’s for the next few days.

Yes, I am having fun with my new iPad yet I’ve been so busy I’ve hardly used it. I did get my appraisals finished. Woo hoo!

Thursday night a friend came over to play cards and brought us window food for dinner. After she left I had to get my June article for the local paper done and emailed; I usually take a few days to do research, find multiple sources, etc but since I had to get it done that night I copied the info about Ursa Major and Ursa Minor out of the constellation book I made for my students and tweaked it a bit - voila - instant article.

We got off work 2 hours early yesterday since it's a holiday weekend - I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and I was about 1/2 way through the store when I get a call from my boss about changes and updates we had to do. I said I will look in to them when I get home. I ran in to an old friend in the parking lot and we talked so long I worried my ice cream would be a shake when I got it home but oh well it was nice to chat with her. After getting home I dialed in and worked for about 2 hours. Afterwards I ran out to the cemetery to put some red, white and blue flowers at my parent's grave. The car wash was open on my way home so I washed more bird droppings off my car. After I got home I sent Marty a text "I'm hungry" and since he was almost done with clients for the evening we met for supper. After we got home I got paged for more "urgent" work. Seriously is anyone going to die if their baseball game isn't listed in the TV guide? This morning I found another huge update sent at midnight so I dialed in while still in my PJ's to take care of that. About an hour later I am almost in the shower when my on call person sends me a text I needed to verify a change he made because we scheduled 4 things wrong for today. It was 10:15 before I got my shower. I dialed in again 3 more times today including the last urgent update I got while Marty and I were out eating a late lunch. It's going to be a busy weekend.

Marty got our sprinklers going today after several trips to the hardware store. I pulled our dead flowers from last year (actually there weren't many to pull since most of them died within days of us planting them.) We planned on going to get flowers to put out this afternoon but a bad thunderstorm rolled through so we’ll try another day.

I was going to make homemade rolls today but between work and stuff I never got that far. We are having some friends and my SIL for supper tomorrow so we will see if I feel ambitious enough to make rolls tomorrow. I think my sister has a recipe for quick, no rise rolls that I might try. Marty is grilling pichania and tenderloin. Mmm.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Just a quick hello as I’m off to bed in a few minutes.

@Austina you are right I know. But I’m still very sad about Snowflake. Thanks for your encouraging words. I hope you’re enjoying a wonderful weekend.

@canuk-gal so pleased for you that you got to cycle. Hope you enjoy more cycling tomorrow too.

@marcy HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! In advance. I hope you have a wonderful and happy birthday tomorrow and celebrate all week.

I’ll be back tomorrow but just wanted to say a quick hi.

Leaving you with my sister’s (and nieces) newest rescue.

8B050705-8161-42CF-AEEB-F0BF3D0BBC72.jpeg 7989CEB4-676D-4DC9-8E03-DC6CF15E25C6.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Memorial Day (for those who celebrate) Sunday and happy weekend to all!

Here's a photo my friend sent me this weekend. Oh if only our weather was this nice. It has been pouring here for three days now and looks like all week might be rainy off and on stormy.

memorialdayweekend.jpg

I hope everyone is enjoying a good weekend whether or not you celebrate Memorial Day.
We have been keeping busy despite no outdoor activities. We have been running errands and just getting out enjoying the weekend despite the weather. Today we might venture to IKEA as I need some things but we shall see.

Wishing you all a happy healthy weekend and big birthday wishes to our sweet NIRDI @marcy

Today is the birthday of our sweet Marcy dear
That's right can you believe it has been another year
On this special day we just had to come and say
How terrific you are in so many different ways

You are warm and caring, sweet and kind
Always here for your friends no matter what the time
Day or night, at leisure or at work
Your NIRDI responsibilities you never ever shirk
Always there to lend a helping hand and sympathtetic ear
you're a treasure and a find and you are our very own Marcy dear

Those killer bunnies and darling teddies are lucky kids for sure
And then so is your darling Marty your loving spouse evermore

You love the stars and the sky and beautiful gemstones too
Diamonds and sapphires, emeralds and rubies, so deep in color and hue
Their beauty and dazzle are truly something to behold
But cannot compare with your inner beauty when truth is really told

So we come together to say out loud
How much we love you dear
You are our friend forever now
Not just online but truly and for real

Happy Birthday sweet Marcy
Wishing you all the very best
Not just a day filled with laughter and love
But lasting the whole year plus

Hoping we have many decades and more
To say how much we truly care
And also just a quick warning
Be careful of those killer bunnies over there
:lol:

Happy birthday today and sending you lots of love and hugs
From the NIRDI girls, the teddy bears, the bunnies and the whole crew

Today is your special day but with you here with us every day is special too

happybirthdaybears.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy SunYay lovelies

@missy, we’re getting the lovely weather you were enjoying earlier in the week. It’s glorious here, we’ve been out for a walk, and came back sweltering, so had to have some ice cream :lol: Sorry you’ve got rain, but perfect weather for Indoor shopping.

Oh no, poor little birdie, did it pull it’s feather’s out through boredom? At least it’s going to have a great life now with your sister and nieces, they’ll take good care of it.

Ugh, sorry to hear your tooth is still niggling @canuk-gal, see how it goes, but if it doesn’t settle, do go back, you don’t want it getting worse. It could be a jangled nerve that may settle, or it could be a minute spot of decay that was missed. Yay to better weather, it makes all the difference to be out in the sunshine.

Sounds like a complete pain having to keep fixing work problems @marcy, hope they leave you alone today. Have fun with your friends celebrating your birthday. 21 again? ;-)

4A96C597-42B2-44AA-9798-670F225EA4EB.jpeg

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are enjoying a peaceful weekend, I’m going to sort out our Christmas decorations this afternoon :lol:

Adam & Kim went up to the site yesterday to take a photo of our plot and find out when they’re going to be starting. Kim hadn’t seen the show home, and they were meeting friends at a local brewery, so killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

It’s making it seem more real, and the sales agent said we’re next up for the pre-construction meeting.

This is not all ours, (thank goodness), but half of length, 250 feet is our lot

4FFB160F-30AB-46DA-A584-3DCBE4F3329D.jpeg

Love and hugs to you all :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! @marcy Happy Birthday!!

Glorious weather!!!!!!! Had a gorgeous ride, then I went to the park to see the horses and pigs and chickens. LOL. Supposed to be very fine, weather wise, all this week. :)

@Austina that lot is huge. Not typical where we live. As for my tooth--it is new and made of fine materials, so I hope no decay! I am an over zealous flosser and brusher, and that might have triggered some irritation. I've never had gum problems, but fun things to come?

@missy stay warm and dry! Sorry about no view of Snowflake, maybe the ferals are trying to stay warm and dry also. Love the birdie--in great rescue hands!

A few days of work this week, otherwise just the same old stress and stuff.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Memorial Day Monday girls!

@marcy I hope you had a fantastic birthday and it is now your birthday week and I hope it is a great one.

@Austina glad your weather is wonderful. After all the stormy days you endured you deserve sweet weather. I think the weekend rain has ended and today is clear though chilly. But I believe we are getting rain much of this coming week. One day at a time and today is a riding day albeit a cold riding day. We shall bundle up. My sister said the poor bird followed a friend of her vet tech assistant while she was walking the dog like he was desperate to find a human to save him. They brought him to my sister. They don't know what happened to him but it looks like he was dumped :( Anyway I am so happy Debbie rescued him and is keeping him because as you say there is no better person/family for this bird. Hope you enjoy a good day.

@canuk-gal yay for sweet weather by you and enjoying cycling and animals. I cannot think of a better way to enjoy the day. I hope work goes smoothly and isn't stressful and that you get more fun in during this lovely weather week.

@Polabowla how are you sweetie? Thinking of you and your family and sending continued well wishes your way.

@mrs-b I hope you had a lovely weekend and are feeling well. And sending continued healing vibes to David. I think Generac is the best generator and it really gives me peace of mind. We chose the 22 KW Generac so we could power the entire house. Two AC zones/appliances/etc. Everything can run together. And like you I have meds I must keep refrigerated so losing power without any backup would be costly. It is IMO a worthwhile investment and I wouldn't be without it if I had a choice at all. Hope you find it as helpful as I do. Plus it protects the ice cream in our freezer. :)

@Slick1 hey there, hope your holiday is going well and you are having fun with the family.

@bling_dream19 continued good wishes to your mom and the entire family. I hope work is going smoothly and you and your dh are enjoying a sweet holiday weekend.

@springerspaniel hope you are enjoying a fun long weekend.

@sarahb hope you are having a lovely holiday weekend. I cannot believe we are in June tomorrow. It is going so fast.

@MamaBee how was Maryland? Hope you are enjoying a lovely holiday weekend.

Hi to everyone else. We have had three full days of very rainy weather. But somehow it has sped by. Running errands and shopping make the time go fast. I got what I wanted to get at IKEA yesterday and 90% of people there were wearing masks despite the mask mandate being lifted here. I thought I would be the one wearing masks no matter what but I didn't. I hope we don't regret that but I am so ready to be done with wearing them. I am surprised at myself because I really planned on wearing them through the rest of the year. I guess that shows one never knows til the time comes what one will do...I reserve the right to start wearing them again whenever I want to.

Today we are planning a bike ride albeit a cold one.
Regarding our bike we have a small surprise to share soon however at this point Greg is working on it so I will wait til I have something more concrete to share. Heck I will share it anyway. We have not yet tested it yet. And today is not sunny so we shall have to wait for a sunny day.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 6.36.14 AM.png

Hope everyone enjoys a sunny Monday at least figuratively if not literally but even better if your your Monday is sunny in all ways. Hope everyone has a wonderful happy and healthy Monday and stay warm and safe. XOXOXOXOXOXO.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Been busy working on that damn paper some more, but I have been reading everyone's news and am thinking about each of you. Will update when stupid paper is done (and send a copy to @mrs-b whose lovely haircut and smiling face never fail to brighten my day). Happy belated birthday @marcy

@missy --solar charging panels? Looks neat.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Memorial Day, ladies!

Marcy - happy birthday for yesterday! I hope you had a wonderful day and that every day in the year ahead is just as good. And - gees - can your work folks never leave you alone?? It sounds like people expect you to be available 24/7! That's gotta get old.... As for my new hair - it's too short. Period. It's tough to style and I think I'm going to have to go to the hairdresser the day we're planning to go out for my birthday (in 3 weeks) so I don't look like I have a short, spiky shrub growing on my head! My hair used to be bone straight when I was a young girl. Then it was wavy. Then I had cancer. And now...this!

20210531_114519.jpg

And that's after blowdrying it as straight as I can get it! It's wiry and curly and has an absolute mind of its own! Only the hairdresser will be able to get it into something vaguely resembling a 'hair style'.

@missy - we've been sharing your weather. So much for all the gardening we'd planned to do this weekend! A bunch of my plants are now vaguely laying down, due to the weight of the water on their leaves and petals. This morning I cut and brought inside this stunning iris that a friend sent me last year and which is blooming in my garden for the first time. :)) If you lived nearby I would cut the ones about to bloom and drop them over to you: isn't this color something else??

20210531_110453.jpg

I'm still holding Snowflake in my thoughts, Missy, and hoping she's ok. But - what lovely news re your sister's new bird! And - talk about landing on your feet! (claws?) I hope their new addition has a long and lustrous life!
What's next for you re gyne stuff? They've found thickening in the endometrium so now...biopsy? Have you decided on this yet? I'm so glad I had my biopsy - my endometrial cancer was an easy treatment, comparatively, since they caught it and got on it so early. And I had mine under a general: I was sexually assaulted by a doctor when I was 19, so these days nobody comes at me with a speculum while I'm conscious. The hardest thing about it was the team of anesthetists it took to get the IV line in. The rest of it was quick and easy, and the recovery, painless. If you want to talk about any of this, feel free to give me a call and, I know you have lots of emotional support, but if you ever decide you need a bit extra from someone who's been through it, let me know and I'll toddle on down to NY and hold your hand. Mean it. ox

@springerspaniel - I have decided that your paper is never going to be done. Like - ever. You must feel this way also! How are you feeling post-vacay? Tim and I booked a vacation to Florida, and were SO happy! Then we realized that Eleanor would be back with us by then, so we cancelled it all again. Then Tim booked two short trips to various baseball fields; he's been slowly working his way around all the major baseball fields in the US and has 8 left to go. In June he'll knock off the 2 in Florida and in September, for his birthday, I'm sending him to 3 more during a small trip away that he'll take by himself. Tim loves baseball. I would rather stick shards of glass in my eyes. So it's Tim - 2, Hollian - 0 in the land of proposed vacations.

@canuk-gal - I'm SO glad your weather has finally improved!! And yay for getting out for a ride - especially seeing the animals! Can I ask what you do for a job? it seems intermittent, am I right on that? Do you enjoy it? How is your tooth? I hope it's settled. My dentist let all his patients know this week that he's retiring, so I need to find someone new. I think I've overworked the electric toothbrush and have exposed numerous nerves, so I need a little dental care, too. As a fellow sufferer, I feel for you! I hope your coming week is low in stress and high in joy. Big hugs to you.

@MamaBee - how is MD? Are you still down there or are you back? I hope all your family is in one piece for a change! How is S? And I like your jewelry plans! I think you and I are similar, in that jewelry is our antidote for stress - or perhaps our stress gauge! I'm currently sending Amy mad, chopping and changing on things. I'm currently working on 4 rings, and none is making much progress due to my indecisiveness. I'm sure she's totally thrilled every time she receives an email from me - poor woman!

@Austina - your lot looks fabulous! Can I ask what the nearest city to you will be? I'm always looking to move - always. I absolutely love my house, but I have perpetually itchy real estate feet! Realistically, I do think we'll be here till Tim retires (time frame: indeterminate), and we'll *probably* go home to Australia after that. But I'm so wary of flying my dogs, I can also see us saying that we'll stay in the US till they're no longer with us. But by that stage I'd be about 70, so that doesn't appeal to me either. Honestly, if I've thought this once, I've thought it a thousand times - once you split your affections between multiple places, there's only discomfort and logistical nightmare on the other side! You'll certainly have your work cut out for you, landscaping! Do you like gardening? I love making a garden as much as I love anything in this world, but waiting for trees to grow sends me a bit batty. We planted a bunch of trees when we moved here 6 years ago and my Eastern red bud was going fabulously...right up until we had a big storm last August and I saw it go blowing past my living room window. The whole tree! it was very depressing. We planted something else straight away, but we're back to the beginning now. I'm glad you've had some nice weather and have been able to get outside.

@bling_dream19, @Polabowla, @junebug17, @Slick1, @Matata and @Bayek - love to you all and I hope all is going well with you.

Just an update on David: the leg on which he had surgery is doing much better and the incision is healing. His energy levels have improved, so that's great. But his right ankle hasn't improved at all, and nobody is even sure what it is, much less what caused it or how to treat it. He wears a moon boot all day, and takes NSAIDs twice a day, but if he misses a dose, the pain starts to climb again immediately. And he's worried about it - I can hear it in his voice, and it makes me so sad. He really needs a diagnosis. They tried to put it down to torn ligaments from running, but were that the case, he'd be much improved by now, and he isn't. There was also no precipitating event that he knew of and, if you tear your ligaments, you know about it! So we're back to square one with no idea of the cause of all of this, which makes him nervous, as you can imagine. Your warm thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

As I write to you, here's Tim and Cirrus next to me in the living room, enjoying a high intensity public holiday weekend. God bless them - I love them both so much!

NIRDI should out and love to you all!

20210531_133909.jpg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I feel your pain @mrs-b, my hair used to be poker straight, now it’s a wavy mess, requiring blow drying and straighteners. Add to that I’m growing out my fringe, and it’s driving me nuts. The nearest city will be Austin, and yes, I do like gardening, and unlike most people, I’m very glad we haven’t got any big trees near the house. We’re planning to plant trees, but useful ones, lemons, limes, pecans and anything else that’ll stand the heat and produce. Hopefully the driveway and house will take up about 100’, then there’ll be the pool, so maybe another 100’ to deal with. Colin is already eyeing up a ride on mower. I know what you mean about the dogs, that was my only concern about moving, realistically I didn’t think Dottie would still be with us, but we looked in to every eventuality, including a private jet! I was dreading the thought of having to fly her in the hold, I did ask one of he stewards where the pets were placed, and it was right under 1st class, so I had visions of spending 10 hours listening to her howling and going out of my mind. Good news that David’s leg is healing, but worrying that he’s still in pain and has a swollen ankle. You can tell Tim I was doing much the same this afternoon, minus doggie.

Oh @springerspaniel I’m sorry your paper is becoming War and Peace, I hope you can get it finished soon, so you can get on with your life.

I hope you had a lovely birthday @marcy and thoroughly enjoyed the day without any work interruptions.

:lol: Are you going to be generating solar power so you don’t have to pedal anymore @missy? Thanks for the info on the generator, I think we’ll probably invest in one even if we never end up needing it. After what happened in Tx earlier this year, who knows? Poor little birdie, why on earth do people take on pets and then dump them, I’ll never understand people being so heartless? Have they decided on a name for him/her? Your nieces are so sweet, it’s obvious to see how caring they are.

Kim messaged earlier to say she was out walking Bertie when a jogger stopped and told her that she just wanted to say thank you for making sure the he was so well trained, and how it made the neighbourhood a better place. Kim was so proud of him and said he was going to get extra treats today. :lol: He’s come such a long way since they got him, hard to think it’s only been 6 months. They had friends over at the weekend and their little girl absolutely adored him, kept wanting to kiss and pet him.

It’s been absolutely glorious here today, we went for a walk, and after lunch, got out the petrol pressure washer we got a while ago. We had fun putting it together because the instructions were just diagrams which weren’t very clear. It’s all ready now and tomorrow we’ll get the oil and try it out. It’s been so warm that I actually fell asleep this afternoon, mind you, I didn’t get to sleep till 2am, so that probably had something to do with it too.

I hope you’ve all been enjoying the 3 day weekend, it’s a bank holiday here today too, and Colin said earlier that it’ll be great to have a shorter week :mrgreen:

Sending big love and hugs to all the wonderful NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Smashing weather day--altho I spent most of it inside/at work. Sunny days and heat yip yip yipee!! Decent work day, can't say Monday's are usually like that.

@mrs-b I am a RN. I work on a casual basis which suits me. I am sorry your hair isn't cooperating, I think it looks smashing. Right now, my hair is very Farrah Fawcett and it is odd to me to feel so much hair as I usually wear it the way @Austina posted a picture of.

@springerspaniel oh I wish you could put that paper to bed. Much success to you cleaning up loose ends toward your goal. I remember those publishing days....:rolleyes:

Hope folks are enjoying their MD long weekend.

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I feel your pain @mrs-b, my hair used to be poker straight, now it’s a wavy mess, requiring blow drying and straighteners. Add to that I’m growing out my fringe, and it’s driving me nuts. The nearest city will be Austin, and yes, I do like gardening, and unlike most people, I’m very glad we haven’t got any big trees near the house. We’re planning to plant trees, but useful ones, lemons, limes, pecans and anything else that’ll stand the heat and produce. Hopefully the driveway and house will take up about 100’, then there’ll be the pool, so maybe another 100’ to deal with. Colin is already eyeing up a ride on mower. I know what you mean about the dogs, that was my only concern about moving, realistically I didn’t think Dottie would still be with us, but we looked in to every eventuality, including a private jet! I was dreading the thought of having to fly her in the hold, I did ask one of he stewards where the pets were placed, and it was right under 1st class, so I had visions of spending 10 hours listening to her howling and going out of my mind. Good news that David’s leg is healing, but worrying that he’s still in pain and has a swollen ankle. You can tell Tim I was doing much the same this afternoon, minus doggie.

Oh @springerspaniel I’m sorry your paper is becoming War and Peace, I hope you can get it finished soon, so you can get on with your life.

I hope you had a lovely birthday @marcy and thoroughly enjoyed the day without any work interruptions.

:lol: Are you going to be generating solar power so you don’t have to pedal anymore @missy? Thanks for the info on the generator, I think we’ll probably invest in one even if we never end up needing it. After what happened in Tx earlier this year, who knows? Poor little birdie, why on earth do people take on pets and then dump them, I’ll never understand people being so heartless? Have they decided on a name for him/her? Your nieces are so sweet, it’s obvious to see how caring they are.

Kim messaged earlier to say she was out walking Bertie when a jogger stopped and told her that she just wanted to say thank you for making sure the he was so well trained, and how it made the neighbourhood a better place. Kim was so proud of him and said he was going to get extra treats today. :lol: He’s come such a long way since they got him, hard to think it’s only been 6 months. They had friends over at the weekend and their little girl absolutely adored him, kept wanting to kiss and pet him.

It’s been absolutely glorious here today, we went for a walk, and after lunch, got out the petrol pressure washer we got a while ago. We had fun putting it together because the instructions were just diagrams which weren’t very clear. It’s all ready now and tomorrow we’ll get the oil and try it out. It’s been so warm that I actually fell asleep this afternoon, mind you, I didn’t get to sleep till 2am, so that probably had something to do with it too.

I hope you’ve all been enjoying the 3 day weekend, it’s a bank holiday here today too, and Colin said earlier that it’ll be great to have a shorter week :mrgreen:

Sending big love and hugs to all the wonderful NIRDIs :wavey:

Well done and great job, Bertie! @Austina - here's a tip for your Kim.
Dogs in general hate people in their faces. Being looked at, especially deep in the eyes, is seen as a challenge in the dog world, and will often elicit a less than friendly response. Getting right up in a dog's space is asking for a degree of obedience entirely at odds with a dog's need to protect itself.

So - things to look out for....

If the dog starts yawning - it's trying to relax itself. Dogs don't yawn when they're tired, like we do. They yawn when they're stressed. If Bertie starts yawning, remove said child immediately.

Secondly - and even more telling - if Bertie's whiskers are ever anything except flat against his face - give him space - pronto! A dog's whiskers stand out from its face when their face tenses. Their faces tense when they're getting ready to snap. If Bertie's whiskers stand up - BACK OFF.

Thirdly - always pat a dog on the chest. The back of the head is a power move in the dog world, used to make the point that "I'm alpha - you're not". It's an uncomfortable thing for a dog - especially with a stranger. Remember, small people equate to puppies for a dog, thus, in the dog's mind, are lower in the pack hierarchy and can be slapped down at will. To NOT do that is to exercise a degree of restraint that is unfair to expect of any dog.

So - you may know all of these things, and for that - I apologize. But in case you don't - these are some basic tips that will keep everybody safe. And remember - dogs don't growl when they're about to bite - that would alert the bitee that they're about to be bitten! So - dogs stay silent when about to bite. Ergo, a quiet, yawning down is NO indication that they're not in a great deal of stress. If you want to show you're no threat, avoid making eye contact, stand with your back to the dog with a treat in your hand and say its name till it comes and takes the treat. Then rub its chest without making eye contact. Better yet, sit on the floor - a dog knows that means you can't jump at it.

And never expose a dog to a child it doesn't know; dogs and unknown children don't mix.

And always keep an eye out for those lifted whiskers.

A kiss and a bite look exactly the same to a dog: it's an unknown mouth coming straight towards them. Dogs don't kiss - but they do bite - so an approaching kiss is always going to look like a potential bite. Over time, they learn that their owners'/family's bites are soft and gentle (ie kisses) - but from a stranger? They will assume 'bite' till after it happens - and they may well protect themselves from it before they ever work out the kisser means no harm. Kids kissing dogs is how dogs end up being put down: whenever you hear about a child who was bitten on the face by a dog, it's almost always because the child was trying to kiss the dog.

Try to imagine if someone you don't know, not in your family, (I'd say an alien from another planet, but that's getting a tad beyond the realm of imaginable!) around the 300lb mark came up to you, stared deeply into your eyes, then kept grabbing you on the back of the neck. Good...or no? Just because we mean it as a pat doesn't mean it's received in that way. And if they kept coming at you with their mouth? What then?

Kim may, of course, know all these things - and again - my sincere apologies if I'm teaching grandma to suck eggs here. But knowledge is learnt, so in case she doesn't know, this is a crash course on dog behavior!

We both show and rescue and are very involved with the dog world from a few different directions. We love dogs, and are deeply committed to their wellbeing. And we love people, and are always willing to share any knowledge we have that might be of use.

Please feel free to ignore this if it's unnecessary, and pls forgive me if this comes across as preachy; it's truly not meant to be. People aren't born knowing this stuff, and someone was generous enough to share this info with me over the years - for which I've been grateful more times than I can count.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girlfriends..I hope you had a really nice weekend. For anyone who served in the service...Thank you..
We got home to Pa a few hours ago. In the meantime I bought a silver spinel cushion...haha
I will be back tomorrow after I bring David to the dentist, have a roofer over to do repairs, and bring some extra clothes to my mom at the home. It’s a light day..:lol:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all thank you for asking after me. I had a long answer planned but i am so tired & nauseous.
Thinking of each of you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all thank you for asking after me. I had a long answer planned but i am so tired & nauseous.
Thinking of each of you!

I'm so sorry you don't feel well! Thinking of you and hoping things improve soon. ox

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results