shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheesh @MamaBee sorry to read this. Hoping he is sent home soon and feeling better. Thank goodness it wasn’t more serious. Men, they don’t listen to us :doh:
Happy Sunday NIRDIs!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He came home but the spinning came back. I had to call the emergency room. They told me I could give him his meds earlier. He said the whole room was spinning again. I hope this clears up. He looks terrible..I gave him the other doses. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? It’s scary..

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sheesh @MamaBee sorry to read this. Hoping he is sent home soon and feeling better. Thank goodness it wasn’t more serious. Men, they don’t listen to us :doh:
Happy Sunday NIRDIs!

Thanks @Slick1

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee sorry to hear about your DH. My DH had a inner ear issue that came on very suddenly and it took a while to clear up. He was nauseated, couldn't tolerate loud noises. Don't know what caused it--virus?

Hope your DH is better soon.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear about your husband @MamaBee. I was going to suggest the same thing as @canuk-gal I wonder if it’s some kind of ear problem. I hope he is doing better and they find out how to fix it for him.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @canuk-gal @marcy..He’s not doing better..I’m sure it was the inversion table that did it. I hope he gets some sleep tonight..which also means I get some good sleep tonight..I’m beat!
:snore:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I hope you can sleep tonight. Mega dust to both you and your DH.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee silly question maybe but does he have an ear or sinus infection? That can cause vertigo too i think.
@missy i hope your test results are ok.
@mrs-b has your chron's calmed down at all?
@Bayek your situation with Kath is heartbreaking :(

Too much going on here w my health & kids. Very very challenging issues.

I am sending you all strength & good wishes!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@MamaBee I am so sorry. :( How is your husband doing this morning? Sending you and him bucketloads of healing dust. So scary and I hope he is AOK now. Gentle hugs to you and your family.

@Polabowla gentle hugs to you too. Keeping you and your children and husband in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you lots of healing vibes.

@canuk-gal yasss to no snow. And on wearing your bling. Beautiful. Speaking of beautiful I hope you enjoy beautiful weather this week. Wishing you arm sunshine.

@marcy sorry the Zoom meeting didn't take place as intended. Technology. Can't live without it and well it doesn't always behave. Exciting your new iPad is due to arrive this week. Glad work is slowing down and that you are still busy enough to not be bored. Sorry about the appraisals that are coming up and I do not envy you giving a not so great appraisal to one of your employees. That is never fun but remember that is on the employee and not you. I hope the thunderstorms weren't too bad yesterday. Our weather has been in the 90s F and very warm but no rain or thunder so happy about that. Hope you enjoyed dinner with your sister, BIL and nephew. Sweet you did lifting and laundry already. And got a haircut. It has been 15 months since my last haircut. Oy. And sweet about getting the desserts for this week. Nice.

@Slick1 hope you enjoyed a sweet weekend. Hope your FIL is doing OK.

@bling_dream19 hope your mom and you are doing well and enjoyed a lovely weekend.

@mrs-b thinking of you and hope David is continuing to recover and do well.

Hi to everyone else.

Greg and I had a lovely weekend. It was hot (90sF) but beautiful for cycling despite the heat...Cycling and ice cream and all that jazz.
No sign of snowflake though. :(

Leaving you with our ice cream selection from this past weekend. We split the love. One day at Jimmy's and one at D and T so no one was neglected by us. :)
Have a sweet Monday all.

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 5.51.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 5.51.05 AM.png

Today is a beautiful cool day. What a contrast from the heat of this weekend.
In the 60s F all day.
Love you ladies. Be well and stay safe.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh my goodness @MamaBee, what is it with men? I’m so sorry you’ve both had such a scare. Everything crossed DH will be OK. I’ve had a few bouts of vertigo and it’s not pleasant and did last several days, the only thing that helped was laying down till it passed. One time at Adam’s I had a really bad back, he said I should use his inversion table - I did, felt awful and promptly threw up.

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend @missy, the weather’s been foul here again, but I did manage to get my pots planted up. I’m hoping Snowflake is resting up safely somewhere and will be fine. The ice cream looks yummy :lickout:

I’m so sorry to hear things are so bad @Polabowla, I wish there was something I could do or say to help. Take good care.

All that prep and then it didn’t happen @marcy, oy! Sounds like you had fun with your family, and yay to getting a hair cut, I’m due another this week too. Woohoo to your IPad arriving this week, always good to having something to look forward to, especially when you’ve got the appraisals to deal with,

Always a good day when you get to wear your glorious bling @canuk-gal, and even better when there’s no snow.

We did manage to get out yesterday in between the rain, I can’t believe last May we were sitting out in the garden most days. We’ve already had heavy rain and some sunshine this morning, now it’s about to rain again.

Just about to grab lunch then take the Lexus out for a test drive this afternoon, sending lots of love and hugs to you all :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you..I can’t respond individually right now. I will later. I had to call 911 again. He was up all night heaving..saying the room was spinning, sweating, etc. He hasn’t eaten anything. They just took him..I hope they keep him to figure out how to help him. I don’t want to complain but I’m dead in the water. I can’t nap because I’m attached to the phone and have David. Enough whining Joanne..:boohoo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee sending your DH bucketloads of healing dust and gentle hugs to you. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. XO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, ladies!

I've been reading everyone's posts over the weekend but have only now found time to respond.

Firstly....

@MamaBee - seriously - what the heck??? How is your husband today? This sounds really horrid for him! I'm so sorry he's going through this - can you pass him all our good wishes? I know he doesn't know any of us, but even so - I always think it's nice to know people are thinking of you when you're feeling below par. And - how are your stress levels? Are you holding up ok? "Bring on the bling!" is my response. I do love that you're getting Winter re-set - great idea and a wonderful distraction. I hate doing projects, and just wish I could wave a wand and have them all done. I just want to be finished.

ETA - Joanne - I just saw your update. I'm so very sorry. Please keep us informed; my thoughts and prayers really are with you.

@Austina - did you do your test drive? How did it go? And did your weather improve? I'm getting my hair done tomorrow and am so looking forward to it! A whole bunch of my hair fell out when I had cancer in 2019 and started regrowing about 8 months ago. A whole BUNCH. Consequently, I have 2 very different lengths of hair on my head - most of the new hair being on the top and front-sides. It looks like a mullet. It's NOT good. I mean really. NOT. Tomorrow I'm getting all of it cut to the shorter length, which should be hideous, but not as annoying, so we're going with the lesser of 2 evils here. Yay. :think: From what little I could see in the last photo you posted, your hair is just lovely! I'm sure your next haircut will be equally satisfying.

@marcy - I have to say - I love my Mazda. One would be well entitled to ask why I love a car which is so nondescript and middle of the road (so to speak!). I guess it's because it's middle of the road and nondescript! I love a car that says nothing. I'm not looking to make a statement via my vehicle, and I'm not a car enthusiast, who could legitimately lay claim to a special or out of the ordinary sort of car because it's their interest. I just want a car that will get me exactly where I want to go 100% of the time in comfort. That's it. I don't want to spend too much money on it, I don't want to spend my time maintaining it, but I don't want it to be cheap or nasty either. I want it to do what I want it to do - then not give it another thought. We tend to buy the models closer to the top of the line, so they have all the bells and whistles and I love the colors Mazdas come in, so - all things considered - it really is the perfect car for us.

As for all my projects - I'm hitting it hard right now, trying to get a bunch done and squared away. Here's a photo of the boxed sides - tho I have to tell you - I've done away with that plan since mentioning it.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 5.20.07 AM.png

I've decided, instead, to go with something more simple - a basket in the form of pave petals, with a plain shank - except for milgrain. I'm doing something snazzy with the prongs, but I'll leave off explaining that, and just show you when it's done. The gypsy ring will hve a .9 E VS2 AVR in it, with 2 x 9 point AVR sides - a D and an E color. Lots of platinum. The cluster will be 3.6ctw and a fairly unadorned MRB concoction. I'm also doing a band of 20 point diamonds on platinum and a small floral-type ring with a sapphire center. And then my ring collection is DONE and will hit every base any woman could ever hope to hit with her ring collection and will consider myself lucky! I'm doing ALL those at the moment; I really just want to square them away.

I've gone back and forth on lifting for years. I have bad knees also, and was interested to read your comments abut it improving them. Maybe one day when I can go to the gym with equanimity.

And lastly, *DO* put your astronomy meetings online - I'd love to tune in!

@missy - good morning, Angel Girl! Your icecream....oh! - your ice cream! It reminds me of a meme I've seen multiple times over the years - "Men think the dream of all women is to find the perfect man. Women know their dream is to be able to eat whatever they want without getting fat." SO TRUE! On the other hand - how is the treadmill going? Is it working as a decent substitute? Your commitment to fitness is incredible. I drag my lazy butt out of the chair 3 times a day and do 15-20 minutes of aerobic exercise each time - and that's IT. More than that and - what point life?? I occasionally hit 10k steps in a day (I hit over 14k the other day and the smugness was unbearable) - but more likely it's 6-8k. And do I care? No. I do not. I just don't have the interest. I love going to the gym, but it's just not safe at the moment, so I'm still waiting till I go back. Hopefully in a couple of months, or fall at the latest.

When do you get your US results?? I'm hoping it's very soon and that the news is better than you expect.

@canuk-gal - I love your bling attitude! Very sensible. I hope your weather continues to improve - at least it's not snowing!! (I feel like we're setting a very low bar here...)

@springerspaniel - are you back from your vacation? I hope you had a wonderful time!

@bling_dream19 - still thinking of you and your mom and hoping all is well.

@junebug17 - you sounded like you were gearing up to have a lovely weekend; how did it go?

@Bayek - dear Kate - how are you holding up? Are you able to see Kath during this time? I know this relationship has felt unsettled for you - how is it going now? And how are things going with your house? I hope there is joy and solace amongst the difficult times. oxo

@Polabowla - my Crohn's currently sucks the big one and my afib is slightly razzed up. I have a lot of nausea and discomfort in the upper abdomen, and will be relieved to have my colonoscopy and upper endoscopy plus capsule study and breath test for SIBO done in June. <sigh> My poor body.... But more to the point, how are YOU feeling? I've asked this a bunch of time but am not sure if you've responded - have you had a definite diagnosis of MS? Auto immune is a bitch to diagnose and it seems to take years and be often incorrect. My thoughts are with you on this. And - do they have a treatment plan for you?? I hate this whole 'swing and a miss' thing the medical profession seems to do; the longer you engage with them in a frequent sense, the more you realize - so much of the time - they're just guessing.

My friend, David, being a case in point. He was discharged last Thursday, but his leg is still draining (a lot!) from where he had the incision in his calf. He's wearing a moon boot on his other foot to protect the heel and ankle, and his elbow has largely subsided. He continues to get night sweats, tho the frequent urination has subsided. Despite the fact that he has NEVER had a swollen limb or joint, they persist in telling him his swollen elbow was 'student elbow' - from leaning on it for too long in front of a computer; that his swollen left leg was due to a burst cyst that became infected; that his swollen right ankle was due to torn ligaments from running (which he has NO recollection of doing and no indication he'd done at the time. I mean - I've had torn ligaments in my ankle and - believe me! - I KNEW I'd done it!!). So - 3 profoundly swollen limbs, all in the space of 6 weeks, during which time he was obviously and perpetually exhausted and unwell - all from disconnected causes and things he wasn't aware he'd done. Seriously? No explanation for the night sweats. No explanation for the frequent urination. No explanation for weeks of deep fatigue in a man who is normally an icon of good health and fitness. They took his glucose, determined he's not diabetic, and assumed everything else to do with his kidneys is also fine. Thanks for that, and in the meantime his inflammation markers continue to rage on.... He's home now, exhausted, and feeling like he should go back to work since his drs have told him everything has been addressed, despite feeling like utter crap. :blackeye: My poor friend....

Yesterday, Tim and I booked a vacation to Miami in July - then promptly cancelled it when we realized Eleanor would be back by then and we'd completely forgotten. This is like a microcosm of the last year and a half - endless plans cancelled and best intentions that come to nought. It's my birthday in 3 weeks and 6 days, tho, and Tim is taking 5 of us out to my favorite restaurant in Boston. He's booked a limo, so we intend to have a wonderful time. This is something really fun to look forward to. ::) So between the bling, the birthday, and the beautiful weather - I am, on balance, a very happy girl. And my garden is bursting into bloom, which I LOVE, and I'm spending a lot of time sitting in my courtyard - which makes me very happy. I just need a pool..... :mrgreen:

Love to you all and....

NIRDI SHOUT OUT! oxoxo

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@missy you have my weather!!!!! Cold and wet here. Today gale force winds to boot. waaaaa

@MamaBee I am very sorry for your DH sudden illness. My DH needed Voodoo medicine and it barely helped. Luckily he started to improve before he needed to go to the Dizzy Clinic (yes, that is what it is called). There are exercises developed by those types of clinic to get your crystals to right. If that is his issue...). Healing vibes across the miles.

And to David as well @mrs-b .

@Austina Lexus are very popular here. I swear every third vehicle is one!

Well nothing to do on this yucky weather day. I can't get motivated to do anything. But I should vacuum.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone..I didn’t hear from him at all today which is so unusual. He must be feeling really bad. I had to call the nursing station to check up on him. He was getting an MRI when I called. They also repeated the CT scan...I think he’s also getting a carotid artery sonogram. I hope they keep him there until he feels better. I’m crossing my fingers and toes his tests come back okay..
@canuk-gal Do you remember how many days your hubby was dizzy? My husband’s symptoms are severe which is unusual..That’s why they’re checking everything to make sure there’s nothing else going on.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee I hope your DH is doing better today. From what I’ve heard ear infections and diseases can certainly cause the severe spins, nausea and dizziness.

@Polabowla I hope things improve for you soon. Big hugs to you.

@missy you are already hot there. We were in the 70’s today but will cool off to 50’s and 60’s this weekend. I’m not ready to say summer weather is here to stay. Nice you got to ride this weekend and your ice cream looks fabulous. I hope Snowflake is doing good and stops by to say hi.

@Austina it does feel get to get our hair cut, huh? It’s amazing what a little bit snipped off the end can do to perk up a hairdo. My diamond dangles actually showed today - woo hoo! I hope your weather improves.

@mrs-b nice to be getting a hair cut tomorrow to blend in both layers. Shorter hair will be cooler for the summer. Your Mazda sounds perfect; reliability and comfort is definitely the most important aspect of a car. My dad was a mechanic so I’ve been interested in cars since I was a kid and yes I do like to go fast. Just today I was excited to see an orange McLaren; someone who lives 2 blocks from us knows someone with that car so we’ll occasionally see it on the way to our house. Marty sees it all the time and I don’t so I had to text him to tell him I had the McLaren sighting. Marty tells me NOT to race them. Thank you for showing me what boxed sides are; I didn’t know that. All of your upcoming rings sound gorgeous, I am anxious to see them. I hope you do find something that helps your knees. Marty has me doing presses (hate them), rows (with slightly bent knees) and deadlifts (which I do almost straight leg). The muscles in my legs then seems to have helped my knees. The right knee needs replaced; it wakes me up about every 2 hours where I have to get up and bend it but now I can walk and stand far more than before. He is going to show me how to do some bench presses but we haven’t got that far yet. I am really surprised and glad it helped my legs / knees. It also made me feel better overall and I notice little things I can do I couldn’t before; lift sit up in bed without pushing myself up, or carrying in heavy things, unscrewing lids on a jar. Marty says strong people are harder to kill which amuses me. I am sorry to hear David is still having so many symptoms and issues; I sure hope he gets better every day. A limo ride and dinner for your birthday really sounds special. Looking forward to hearing about it.

@canuk-gal darn for yucky weather. It was very windy today but nice.

I ran my car through the car wash on the way home today. Some bird with serious digestive issues left several calling cards on my car. Since the car wash wasn’t busy I pulled in and was relieved to make it out of there without hitting a curb. Woo hoo!

I got my appraisal today and gave one; three more to go. At least next week is a 3 day week for me - one holiday and one vacation day.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

I can’t believe that David‘s been discharged when nothing has actually been determined as the cause of the issues (apart from ’their’ explanation) , it just seems ridiculous that he’s still so unwell @mrs-b, the poor man. It doesn’t sound like he’s in the least well enough to work. How worrying, there has to be a cause, surely they don’t think telling him he’s OK is going to magically make it all better? Yes, I did test drive the Lexus yesterday, it was the HX hybrid, top of the range. It’s a very comfortable car with great handling, but I surprised myself by being totally unimpressed. Maybe I’m too old to be impressed by anything anymore I don’t know, but I was disappointed that I didn’t feel excited driving it. Like you, we want something safe, first of all, comfortable and reliable, and it’s all those things, just didn’t give me the feeling I was expecting. I think one of the things I wasn’t happy with was being a hybrid, it was slow to take off at the traffic lights, and I found the heads up display very distracting, as was the display showing whether it was using electric or petrol. We’ll certainly check out the Mazdas, as there are models that could suit us in the US, that we don’t have here.

Good luck with your hair cut, I’ve often had my hair cut shorter than I wanted, so it could grow in to the style I did want. I’m sure you’ll look beautiful and it’ll look better evened out.

I’m growing my fringe out in to this style, that’s if I can stand it because at the moment, it’s driving me bonkers and I’m having to clip it back because it’s at that in between stage.
F1225793-A81F-4BD4-B556-DA8EB24D885D.jpeg

Did someone say diamond danglies @marcy? You tease, you can’t tell us and not show us a photo. I do like to know I can put my foot down, and the car shifts. One of our Saabs had the Hirsch performance upgrades, and when we got it, it was only 1 of 5 in the country, and boy, that thing was like warp speed, I loved it :lol: I can’t tell you the number of times a boy racer would pull up next to me smirking, thinking they were going to burn off the old fart in the Saab and I’d leave them in my dust:mrgreen:

How’s Shatzie today @MamaBee? I hope he had a comfortable night and is feeling a bit better today.

I hope things are starting to improve @Polabowla.

I’m fed up with all this rain @canuk-gal, if you’re sending it our way, please don’t! :mrgreen:

I hope you had a good day @missy and enjoyed cycling and ice cream and the beautiful scenery you get to see on your travels. Definitely test drive the hybrid if you’re thinking about it, but for us, I think with the type of driving we’ll be doing in Texas, it’s not going to be right for us, as the electric part only kicks in under 40 MPH, and most of our driving will be on faster roads. Also, whether there are sufficient electric charging points on the way to and from the city to the beach.

Nothing on the cards for today, just some cleaning and laundry to do. If it stays dry, we’ll go out for a walk.

:wavey:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you..I can’t respond individually right now. I will later. I had to call 911 again. He was up all night heaving..saying the room was spinning, sweating, etc. He hasn’t eaten anything. They just took him..I hope they keep him to figure out how to help him. I don’t want to complain but I’m dead in the water. I can’t nap because I’m attached to the phone and have David. Enough whining Joanne..:boohoo:

Hi @MamaBee I happened upon your post and I’m very sorry to hear that your husband is unwell.

His symptoms sounds very similar to what my MIL went through a couple of years ago. She has severe vertigo that was brought on by an ear infection. She finally connected with a wonderful ENT who was able to give her a cortisone shot in her ear that helped immensely.

If your husband’s symptoms don’t subside, you may want to look into finding a good ENT specialist. I do hope he feels better soon!

Side note: my MIL’s symptoms have been acting up a bit lately bc the pollen is so bad this year (she keeps forgetting to take her Claritin).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee my DH symptoms continued for months--albeit not as severe as at the outset. Luckily the nausea passed within a week, but his vertigo and inability to tolerate loud sounds persisted. It was a scary time b/c they could not find any reason why it came on so suddenly, no etiology.

I hope your DH gets well soon and that the scans etc don't evidence anything serious. Keep us updated.

kind regards--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@MamaBee, I'm so sorry about your husband, poor man, he's having a rough time of it and I hope he gets diagnosed soon and the doctors can get him feeling better. @lulu_ma's suggestion of an ENT if he doesn't improve is a good one.

@Austina, it can be frustrating waiting for a cut to grow out and hopefully your hair will grow quickly! I'm sorry the hyrid Lexus didn't work out for you and I understand the reasons why. Hope the weather stays clear for you so you can spend some time outside.

@mrs-b, it's hard not being able to see friends and I hope your Christmas visit works out. I'm sorry to hear David isn't fully recovered and it's really concerning that the doctors are acting like he is. I hope he can find a specialist to get him completely healthy. I loved reading about your projects and I can't wait to see them. Your plans for your birthday sound amazing, how great to have something special to look forward to.

@Polabowla, so sorry things are hard for you right now and I hope they get better, please take care.

@missy, I'm glad the test went ok and I hope you get good results and the issue you're having isn't anything serious. It's nice you're seeing your cycling friends. Sorry to hear about Snowflake and I hope he's ok and you see him soon.

@canuk-gal, ugh to bad weather, hope it gets better soon. Keep wearing your gorgeous jewerly, that would brighten anyone's day.

@marcy, Marty's setup sounds very cool. Recording a program every month for your atronomy club sounds like a great idea. Yay to a new ipad, how fun. It's great you have 2 days off next week, that will be a nice break.

@Bayek, I'm so sorry about Kath and it's understandable you are going through a very hard time right now. I'm glad you have Auti to give you comfort and love. And glad to hear the family is doing well.

@Slick1, my dd is a teacher and is counting down right along with you! To say it's been a hard year for teachers would be an understatement.

The visit with my friend was nice, it was good to catch up. Two of my dh's friends stopped by on Sunday and they watched the end of a golf tournament together. And I'm pretty excited, I just discovered I can stream live classes from my gym. I'd like to get back to the gym but am still kind of leery but this is the next best thing.

Really sorry to read about the troubles some of the nirdis are having, please take care everyone. <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's plenty short... But so much had grown back - or was newly grown - it looked like I had a shorter hair cut and a longer haircut on the one head at the one time! I had to get all the longer stuff cut down to meet all the new hair, so the length of it was basically chosen for me by how long the new stuff was.

@Austina - not nearly as glam or as chic as what you're after, but this is post-cancer hair and the best I can do right now.

And - I like it! Either way, sooooo much better than what I had before!

20210525_154548.jpg

20210525_154624.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great @mrs-b, nothing to distract from your beautiful skin and lovely cheekbones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina that haircut will look fabulous on you! I have to use pin back my bangs; the curl if I do front bangs and falls in my face if they are on the side. Your Saab sounds really fun to drive; and too funny you’d leave those wannabe racers in the dust. Saab in the running when we ended up with our first A6. I think it came in second out of our 4 finalists. I agree if the Lexus wasn’t fun to drive; then continue exploring other cars. My diamond dangles are both from Whiteflash and I’m excited they do show now with my hair a bit shorter. I’ll try to remember to post pictures below.

@lulu_ma I agree - pollen is already bad this year. I hope your MIL feels better after you get her some Claritin.

@canuk-gal that is too bad your DH had troubles for months with his ears. I had a friend in college that got Miniere’s disease and she was really sick with it; she finally had surgery at the Mayo Clinic that helped reduce her symptoms.

@junebug17 Marty’s video room will be fun to play with but right now I have no clue how to get started. LOL. That’s great you can stream classes from your gym. I am glad you enjoyed visiting with friends. We were happy to see Phil win this weekend.

@mrs-b your haircut looks great.

One more appraisal to give tomorrow; this one will be a tough one too, then they’ll be done for a year. Woo hoo!

My new iPad arrived but apparently the Killer Rabbit thinks it is for him. Such a brat!

Take care.
Marcy #sneezyseason

64367277303__CE416F9E-94E4-44D6-A6CA-BF60B6D77ECA.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 18

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. It is wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

@mrs-b that is a fabulous haircut. You look gorgeous. And haha I LOVE that quote about ice cream. How is David doing? I am happy so far with the treadmill and do about 5-6 miles on it daily. I am not getting as good a benefit on it as the trail outside but it is a good substitute for when I cannot do the trail due to inclement or hot weather. And it is so convenient too.

@marcy love the earrings and good luck with the last appraisal. You are almost there.

@MamaBee hope S continues to do better and that life is getting calmer by you.

@junebug17 wonderful your gym live streams classes and I agree that is the next best thing to being there in person and much safer. Glad you enjoyed a lovely visit with your friend and that your DH's friends visited Sunday. And yes I am sure your DD is quite excited for the end of this school year. What a year plus this has been.

@Slick1 we are almost there...woohoo.

@bling_dream19 hope you are enjoying a lovely week.

@lulu_ma I hope your MIL experiences complete relief with the Claritin. It has been a hard pollen season so far.

@Austina ooh I love that hair style and you will look fabulous with it. I hear you re driving and the challenges with electric cars. We are very happy with our gas powered Lexus and don't plan on getting a new car anytime soon. When we do hopefully there will be even more advances re electric cars so time will tell what we end up doing. We are a one car household so we are doing our part there for the environment.

@canuk-gal hope your weather is improving and you are getting out and enjoying walking and cycling and that work isn't too crazy.

@springerspaniel good morning. Hope all is well.

@LLJsmom big hugs and thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a good week.

So I went to the diagnostic center, rather I sent Greg yesterday after our cycling, to pick up my report as my gynecologist has not yet contacted me with the findings. And it shows my endometrial lining is a bit thick (stated on the report) at 5mm and the expected findings should be less than that and further eval might be warranted ie biopsy. Ugh. So I am waiting to hear from the gynecologist.

Would it be reasonable to ask her instead of a biopsy (which I know she will want me to have) could I just repeat the ultrasound in 3 months? Is that a reasonable request do you think? This is the gynecologist who isn't onboard with my HRT and I am sure she will want me to do the biopsy and stop HRT too. So I wait to see what she says.

Greg and I have had a good couple of cycling days as the weather has been lovely here. Rain Friday I believe and today is very warm but still no complaints as it has been very good weather for the most part.

Leaving you with our ice cream selection of the past 2 days.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 5.35.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 5.35.55 AM.png

and we saw Fiona and her babies yesterday.
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 5.36.25 AM.png

Have a sweet day lovely ladies and sending each one of you big hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

WOW @mrs-b, you look fab-u-lous, and your hair certainly doesn’t look like a ‘make do’ style, it’s so flattering and youthful on you. Your stylist did a great job.

Awwww, love seeing Foxy Fiona @missy, good to know she and the pups are doing well. Is the uterine thickening being caused by the HRT? I’ve never taken it because I’ve been coping with Maca, but I know it’s not something you can take if you have thyroid issues. It can’t hurt to ask if there’s any risk in not having the biopsy. Lucky you having such good weather, we’ve had rain, rain and more rain. It’s great for the garden - and ducks!

Thanks for the photos @marcy, they’re lovely and great you can see them on your ears. My current style covers my lobes, so although I do wear earrings, they’re not really visible. Have you had a chance to play with your new IPad yet? I’ll bet you’ll be glad to be done with the appraisals and put them behind you for another year.

Lovely to hear from you @junebug17 and to know things are good there. Nice that friends can drop by and spend time together.

Hoping that Shatzie is improving @MamaBee and doing better.

Sending good thoughts and healing vibes your way @Polabowla.

I hope you‘re not working too hard @bling_dream19 and are enjoying all your beautiful bling.

I can’t remember if I mentioned, but when we redecorated the guest room last year, I ordered 2 new bedside chests, then I discovered they also did a matching 3 drawer chest? Well, it was out of stock, so I’ve been checking every day for months, and on Friday, it was back, so I ordered it and it was delivered today. We didn’t want the delivery guys to take it upstairs, so we had them put it in the hall. Boy, was that thing heavy, but we managed to get it up the stairs and in place.

We’ve been out to do the food shopping, and I’m off soon to get my roots done and hair cut.

Hope you’re all having a Wonderful Wednesday :wavey:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @missy --if you are receiving unopposed estrogen (eg no progesterone), then your uterus may thicken as a consequence. This is usually benign, but it warrants a biopsy to make sure the hyperplasia is not malignant (especially if you have been bleeding). If you decide to have a biopsy, I would recommend not doing it without some form of conscious sedation, as it is really painful. I had a gynecologist try without anesthesia and he still has my fingernails stuck in his ceiling. Hope this is helpful. (Also, I am not a "down there" doc, for full disclosure!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @missy --if you are receiving unopposed estrogen (eg no progesterone), then your uterus may thicken as a consequence. This is usually benign, but it warrants a biopsy to make sure the hyperplasia is not malignant (especially if you have been bleeding). If you decide to have a biopsy, I would recommend not doing it without some form of conscious sedation, as it is really painful. I had a gynecologist try without anesthesia and he still has my fingernails stuck in his ceiling. Hope this is helpful. (Also, I am not a "down there" doc, for full disclosure!)

Thanks @springerspaniel, Sorry it was such a harrowing experience for you and I have heard how painful these biopsies are. I am taking progesterone and supposedly it should be protective as my blood levels are 18. So not sure what to do...waiting to hear from my gynecologist. Appreciate you chiming in.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy that’s nice you can walk on the treadmill on days you can’t walk. I am done with giving appraisals; yay. I hope you hear from your gynecologist soon and get some answers. I am sending mega dust your way. Mmm ice Crean.

@Austina I am sure your plants and yard like all the rain. We just had sprinkles today. My hair generally covers my earrings too; these dangles just barely show now that my hair was trimmed; it won’t last long. I plan on playing with my iPad after I post this. I got everything copied over last night and made sure I could sign in to some things. I had some stupid error message that kept asking me to sign in with my Apple ID. I searched online tonight on how to fix it and finally found something that work. Now I can play. I hope you like your new haircut. Getting that dresser upstairs sounds like a chore.

Hi @springerspaniel

Thank you for the compliments on my earrings. I wear them frequently.

I lifted after work tonight and now I’m off to mess with my new iPad.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results