shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much @missy ! Hopefully soon for Greg too! Dust for a full recovery!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Looks like Pepsi is soaking up the sun. Sounds like neither of us would be good at poker; our faces give us away. I’m okay with that; I often tell people if you don’t want an honest answer don’t ask me a question. I remember you were so cold at your office; it makes for a long day sometimes. Yes we will take any good wishes we can get. Nice that you and Greg got to take a lovely walk yesterday. I think it’s good Greg has 2 options on which doctor he likes; good luck with the appointment and decision.

@Austina I am glad your ceilings are smooth; definitely easier to paint. Icicles inside the metal windows sounds pretty cold; we did have snow blow through sometimes but the window covers took care of that. It was a cheap starter home which enabled us to quickly save enough money to buy a real house. Hopefully you got more than 10,000 miles on those tires. Marty thinks my tires are fine; the center of that type of tire has less obvious tread and I think I saw them as bald because of lighting and walking back in from sunlight. We will check them much closer this weekend. Yes, I am anxious to get my ring. Nice you and Colin went for a lovely walk.

@Polabowla I am delighted to hear your DH is clear. Woo hoo!

My day was mostly an instant replay of the rest of the week. I did lift after work. I worked on some of Marty’s receipts for the gym so we can get papers to our accountant for taxes. The excitement-o-meter didn’t show much activity today.

Take care.
Marcy

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good morning wonderful ladies near and far. The NIRDI's tide of bad luck is turning...I can feel it.

@Polabowla such wonderful news! Your heart must be singing. I'm so happy for you. Sending hugs. May this be the start of easier times.

@Austina good luck on your ceiling project. A few days ago you had mentioned a strong gas smell. We have propane and use it for our "gas" cooktop too. We had the most vile smell a couple of months ago and worried about a leak shortly before we noticed we had run out of propane. Not sure if you noticed the smell before a delivery of fuel, but the Propane delivery man came in to relight the pilots and fireplaces and said that they scent the fuel and before it runs out, it has a strong odor. Not sure if that may have been involved in your case? He checked our lined for a leak and everything was okay.

@missy still thinking about you and your upcoming appointments. Sending hopes you will know more soon and it will be good news. Glad your vaccine reaction is over. ((hugs)). Glad you're vaccinated and safer!

@marcy ...honey, I think those killer rabbits worked. Thanks!

So much good happened yesterday. My friend who has been waiting for a disability decision since last May was finally approved. We had a wild day, as the day started with a letter saying he was denied and not disabled. He called me in a panic and I wanted to cry. This just meant so much for him. He truly is disabled with mental health problems. He has lived in a daily hell for years.

US disability claims with Social Security start two claims at once. One for income based disability insurance (SSDI) , the other for a needs based social security stipend based on disability and need (SSI). Long story short, the denial letter was for the income based disability/ SSDI.

He called the local office for clarity and the man told him he was getting ready to contact him and that he was approved for SSI. The man told him about his large sum in back pay and his payments were set up. My friend called me back and his voice had hope and relief. He is finally "safe". He can finally stop waiting for the other shoe to drop. He was planning for a decent bed and a cheap big screen TV. He was just so happy!

This morning I interview people with my boss for my replacement. This will be surreal. I'm part of the furniture at my job. I have so many contacts I am scrambling to call and say goodbye. I have so much love for these people working in the shelters right now. They are keeping shelters open at personal risk to keep homeless safe under a roof. Not all heroes wear capes.

Hugs...and happy Friday!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy FriYAY!

@marcy same old same old works out fine as we can leave the excitement for another time. Taking it all one day at a time and hanging in there the best we can. Yay for lifting and for getting taxes in order. Hope your FriYAY has more yay than anything else in it. XOXO.

@mrs-b I am very concerned for you and hope you are doing better and feeling ok. Sending you continued well wishes and gentle hugs.

@Polabowla your update made my evening yesterday thank you. Continued well wishes and big hugs and hoping your health journey update is good news too. XOXO.

@MMtwo good news about your friend. And good luck interviewing your replacement. I can imagine how surreal that must feel. And yes, not all heroes wear capes. I completely agree. Big hugs to you and all your fellow heroes and thank you for all you do. Speaking of heroes...Sharon is one of the heroes too @canuk-gal

@canuk-gal, hope today is a good FriYAY and work is remaining calm and productive and you are looking forward to a good weekend. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY. Big hugs to you my sweet friend.

@Slick1 keeping good thoughts for your FIL. You and your DH are so wonderful and I hope yesterday's visit and delivery helped. Big hugs.

@MamaBee hope your mom is continuing to improve and not much longer now for her move to a better place. XOXO.

@springerspaniel the weekend is almost here. How has your week been going and how is Ellie doing? Warm hugs to you.

@Austina so glad you and Colin are enjoying walking and the weather is cooperating. And glad Adam and Kim are doing well. What a crazy roller coaster ride it has been. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope the week has been going well.
Greg and I had a nice long walk yesterday and the snow is melting fast. The weeks are speeding by. Looking forward to another nice walk today before a rainy stormy weekend. Big hugs to all of you lovely ladies.

Leaving you with a photo of our walk yesterday. Enjoy a glorious FriYAY girls.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.56.56 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 I almost forgot...I would be happy to help you and your DH secure appointments for Covid vaccinations in NJ if you haven't gotten earlier appointments than your originally scheduled appointments. Just message me. More than happy to help. :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance: That’s great news @Polabowla, I’m so relieved for you both, and hopefully one less worry for you.

Yes we did get more than 10,000 miles out of the tyres, but the guy said that was unusual. Something to do with the weight and size of the tyres on a 4 x 4 @marcy. The Discovery was quite a hefty vehicle, but I loved being higher up, and it was fun to drive. Getting the Cat cleaned every 6 months and the cost of servicing, not so much :lol:

Thanks for the thought @MMtwo, but we have natural gas, and thankfully there were no leaks so we must’ve been having an olfactory hallucination! I’m sure it must be surreal interviewing someone for your job but it’s good to move on to pastures new. That’s good news that your friend has got his claim sorted out, seems the par for the course that these things seem to take an extraordinary length of time. He must be so grateful for all your help.

What a difference a week makes @missy, I’m glad the snow is melting and the sun is shining, it makes all the difference. We got out for a walk this afternoon, and it was bright but coolish. It’s not the same without Dottie, I miss seeing her stalking squirrels and running around like a loon, or even just trotting along and looking back to make sure we’re still behind her. I’m sure you must miss the purring of your sweet kitties that have gone.

Leaving you with a photo of Bertie, look at those eyes

F30780B5-37BA-4FE7-9F0B-63523002946F.jpeg

Big hugs to all the lovely NIRDIS have a good weekend. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina That pooch!!!!!!!!! So sweet. You sons house looks intact--very nice. Hopefully they and the rest of Texas is in recovery. Takes such a long time to fix house issues.

I am tired . Work was OK ,not super heavy, but tiring nonetheless.

NIRDI shout out.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MMtwo that is awesome your friend finally got disability insurance and coverage. Even better to get some pay retroactive. Good for him! How did the interviews go? How exciting though to be taking some steps to get you on to your new job. I am glad the Killer Rabbits were able to help. The original Killer Rabbit is a world traveler. He has been all over the U.S. plus to Hong Kong, UK, Germany, Serbia, Romania, Finland, Uganda, Ethiopia, Brazil, Malaysia and Guatemala. And probably other places I can’t remember.

@missy I bet you would like to have some quiet days; I hope they are coming to you and Greg very soon. One day at a time for sure. I am keeping you and Greg in my thoughts. Nice that your snow is melting fast and you were able to go for a lovely walk. I know you live in a densely populated area of the country but your pictures are usually absent of other people. Of course around your beach house has to be less crowded than the Big City. It’s so pretty there.

@Austina it is nice to have a high vehicle; it’s great to see over everything. Good deal you did get more than 10K on those tires. Yes, servicing your car is never cheap. My next service will be pricey; the recommended maintenance list is long. Sorry you miss sweet Dottie on your walks; soon you’ll be able to go on walks with sweet Bertie. What a cutie!

@canuk-gal I hope you can rest up the weekend after a tiring day at work.

My BIL is in the hospital. His bloody nose won’t stop and was even coming out his eyes so his local ER called an ambulance to transport him to the hospital where his cardiologist practices. They are going to do an echocardiogram on him in the morning. Then they will see about surgery to stop his bleeding nose. Poor guy. No food or water after midnight. I am kind of worried about my sister getting home tonight. The hospital is maybe 40 miles from their house and she doesn’t drive much at all; my BIL drives her everywhere. Hopefully one of her sons drives her around tomorrow.

I worked at home today and seemed to be very busy. I planned on taking the time to make meatballs to have with spaghetti - but since I ran out of time I just browned the hamburger. I told Marty he was getting spaghetti and meat drops. Ha ha.

I heard from Whiteflash today about options on the Ering I sent in. I am going to have them remove the head and I’ll wear it as a band again.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings all NIRDIs...

I have to say my reaction to the 2nd covid vaccination was weird, I had this rash on my arm that was itchy as all get out and so of course I took a benedryl and slept for 18 hrs, and continued to itch, and the shot itself made me feel like I had flu or worse and it was 3 days of high fever etc. but I am FINALLY feeling normal (sorta of) first shot NOTHING..

I understand that my reaction isn't unusual or out of the ordinary but it was quite scary to me... but I am feeling finally! better..

sending love to you..alll! Kate

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek I am glad you are feeling better. Take it easy this weekend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Caturday Saturday all.

@mrs-b thinking about you and hoping you are feeling some relief today. Greg and I are sending you so many healing wishes and lots of love. Hang in there. You are one strong courageous and beautiful person. I pray Humira starts helping you very soon. XOXO.

@marcy so true. We live in a densely populated state and county but somehow near us we are people free most of the time and that makes us very grateful. We have enjoyed quiet peaceful walks without people around for the most part. It is one of the things I love about being here. Near civilization (and all that has to offer) yet free from crowds.

Oh no about your BIL. I am sending healing dust his way and hope that the doctors can help him and that he can go home soon. I hope your SIL got home safely. She sounds like me unfortunately. I had to take a car both ways to the hospital when Greg had his surgery at Lenox Hill. No way was I attempting driving that distance by myself. Big healing vibes to your BIL.

Glad you got to work from home and got a WF update too. I am sure the hamburger dinner you made was delicious. XOXO.

@Bayek so glad you are feeling almost back to normal! Thinking of you and your wonderful family and sending you many well wishes and all good things. Big hugs and much love.

@Austina aww Bertie is such a beautiful boy. I am thrilled Adam and Kim decided to adopt him. So happy for everyone. I know it is hard missing Dottie. And you are right. Same for us. We miss Francesca and Fred so very much. Not a day goes by I don't think of both of them multiple times a day. My heart hurts missing them. I get it. Big hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 hugs and happy Caturday Saturday.

@Slick1 FIL update? Thinking of the whole family and sending many healing vibes to you all. XOXO.

@MamaBee soon your mom will be at her new temporary home and you can visit her often. Big hugs and love to you. How is your mom doing today?

@canuk-gal big hugs to you and hope your weekend is wonderful. XOXO.

@MMtwo happy weekend. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else.

Greg and I had an amazing walk yesterday. We saw seals! And of course deer. But the seals were a real thrill. And we got to talk to one of the rangers who told us we were incredibly luck to have seen seals both times we went there as it is a relatively rare occasion only about twice a week from Dec to March and to hit it the both times we visited was statistically small so yay. I took video but it's hard to see. I will share a few pics. Wish you all were there with us.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 7.49.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 7.48.57 AM.png

And we saw so many sweet deer.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 7.50.38 AM.png

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday all. Big hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg took a few nice photos actually. Just going through the photos from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 7.48.40 AM.png

I was wearing my shark leggings yesterday which must of brought us good luck to see the seals. :)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friyay Caturday and soon to be Sunyay! I hope everyone is well and happy. My mom is healing each day. Thank you for all of the continued prayers. Each of you is in my thoughts and prayers.
Missy I am in love with the seals!!! How beautiful and amazing you got to see the seals twice! It must've been your shark leggings! Nirdi shout out and love and hugs to all!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

@bling_dream, so glad to see the good news about your mother and wishing her a speedy recovery. Your new band is gorgeous, LM pieces are beautifully made.

@Polabowla, what fantastic news about your dh! - so happy for your dh, you and your family. You must be so relieved.

@MamaBee, I saw in another thread that your mother will be closer and you will be able to visit - great news, will be good for her and hopefully lessen the stress for you. It's hard enough to oversee a person's care, let alone do it remotely. I hope she's healing and doing ok. And I hope you're doing ok, please take care.

@LLJsmom, getting together with you is a good memory, I'm glad I had the chance to meet you!

@missy, thank you for the offer but dh and I are going to South Carolina very soon and don't know how long we'll be there. Dh will try to get an appointment there. I hope your upcoming tests give you a definite diagnosis so you can move on to treatment. I hope Greg's new doctor is a good fit for him. Love the seals, very cool and how fun you had a chance to see them - it's certainly an animal you don't see every day.

@Austina, Bertie is adorable and looks so happy. I'm sorry that walks bring back bittersweet memories of Dottie, she was very loved and is very missed.

@Bayek, you and your family had a tough week for sure. I'm sure you're all glad it's behind you. It's great you got your second dose and I'm glad you're on the mend and I hope you're feeling totally back to normal soon.

@marcy, so sorry about your BIL - poor guy, he's been through a lot lately and I hope the doctors can figure out what's going on and he can go home soon. It's tough on your sister too. Hopefully your nephew will help with the driving.

Great idea to reuse your old setting and turn it into a band. You must be so anxious to get your ering back, I hope you don't have to wait too long.

@mrs-b, sorry you had a rough time with the Humira and I hope you're feeling better.

@MMtwo, happy so hear that your friend is feeling better and oh no to the confusion about his SSI! A happy ending though and his life will be much better now. I admire what you do and how much you help others. I'm excited to see your upgrade, nice jump in size. Don't sweat the numbers; there are many beautiful diamonds with numbers outside the ideal range. I hope you love it, that's all that matters.

@canuk-gal, enjoy your weekend after your long week at work.

Everything's good here. Not much new. As I mentioned to missy, dh and I will be heading to SC very soon. Time to get this house straightened up and cleaned, I admit I've let some things slide a little LOL.

Glad to see a few Nirdis have had good news, and I am wishing everyone well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday girls!

Happy Friyay Caturday and soon to be Sunyay! I hope everyone is well and happy. My mom is healing each day. Thank you for all of the continued prayers. Each of you is in my thoughts and prayers.
Missy I am in love with the seals!!! How beautiful and amazing you got to see the seals twice! It must've been your shark leggings! Nirdi shout out and love and hugs to all!

Haha I know right? We were thrilled to see them and yesterday miraculously we saw them again! Not on the pier this time but in the bay. Awesome. So pleased your mom is continuing to do well. Big hugs and much love to all of you.

@Bayek girlie so glad life is getting back to some semblance of normalcy. Whatever that means these days lol. Love you and big hugs being sent your way.

@mrs-b I hope you have a wonderful visit with your sweet best friends and your g-ddaughter and I hope today you are feeling even better and that each day brings you joy and love and good health soon to be yours. I am keeping good thoughts for you every day and as you know you are on my mind. Big hugs and much love.

@Polabowla you are also on my mind. So relieved about your DH and now good news soon for your health I hope. Bucketloads of good wishes being sent your way. XOXO.

@GK2 you and your DH are on my mind and I hope things are going smoothly. Gentle hugs and well wishes.

@marcy how is your BIL doing? I hope he is recovering and the doctors are figuring it out and he will be home soon. Hugs to you.

@MMtwo I forget when the new job starts. Did you find your replacement yet? That is going to be a tall order and I am sure they aren't going to be able to fill your shoes with anyone as wonderful as you. Hugs.

@junebug17 I heard it might be easier to get vaccinations in SC...I am trying to remember where I heard that and in any case I hope you and your DH have good luck there getting the vaccines. Fingers crossed for you and it will be so nice to have a change of scenery too. Enjoy and have a lovely rest of the weekend. Hugs.

@canuk-gal I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and sending you hugs and lots of good wishes and all that jazz. Spring is coming woohoo. I feel it.

@springerspaniel hope work is going well and things are falling into place. Hugs to you.

@Austina hope you are enjoying a fun and happy weekend. Big hugs.

Yesterday, despite the morning and early afternoon rain we we got to enjoy another long walk. We got to see the seals again but they stayed in the Bay this time. And we were surrounded by deer no exaggeration. They were all over. Look at this sweet baby.

deer!.jpeg

Today is a rainy day all day so we are staying inside and just hanging out playing board games and cards probably. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and sending each and everyone of you lots of good wishes and hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 @marcy I wore my constellation pants and ring yesterday. :)

The sun was trying to come through all the fog and clouds yesterday and finally did get through late in the afternoon but we enjoyed a mainly foggy walk.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 6.12.16 AM.png

My constellation ring with matching (sort of) leggings :)

constellationleggingsandringincar.jpeg.png

And despite the cheapo ring I wore I did also get to enjoy MaryAnn and Ginger...
(I do wear them @LLJsmom :bigsmile:) haha talk about mixing things up. :cheeky:

oecearringperspectiveinsandyhook.png
Earring perspective shot.

OK have a FUN Sunday lovely ladies!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 @marcy I wore my constellation pants and ring yesterday. :)

The sun was trying to come through all the fog and clouds yesterday and finally did get through late in the afternoon but we enjoyed a mainly foggy walk.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 6.12.16 AM.png

My constellation ring with matching (sort of) leggings :)

constellationleggingsandringincar.jpeg.png

And despite the cheapo ring I wore I did also get to enjoy MaryAnn and Ginger...
(I do wear them @LLJsmom :bigsmile:) haha talk about mixing things up. :cheeky:

oecearringperspectiveinsandyhook.png
Earring perspective shot.

OK have a FUN Sunday lovely ladies!

I love your leggings :) They are so cute. Now I have the song "Spacepants" from SNL in my head. Ha. Your pants are cuter than Peter Dinkledge's any day.

What a wonderful place to live. Thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful home and walks. How lucky you saw seals! Water is so restorative to the soul.

Thanks for thinking about the new position. I begin on March 15th. I was asked to submit a picture and bio. I need to write a new one and I would rather go to the dentist 10 times over. This is me, this is what I did, this is what I do. It seems so easy. I'll tackle it after toast and coffee.

I slept in til 7AM this morning! I woke up to Jazzy launching everything piece by piece off my nightstand. He will not be denied. If I could just video tape it once. He throws down a pill bottle and looks over to see if it has effect. If not, he launches a phone. Next are eyeglasses. Bracelets. It is absolutely calculated to wake me up. I installed a little plastic cubby with removable strips on the side of my nightstand to hide my valuables from the little tyrant, but he hasn't pulled this in a while. Clearly, he was pulling out all the stops.

I love his floofy murder mittens. Steven took this picture yesterday. This is Steven's chair. When Jazzy takes over, Steven sits on the loveseat.

14345 (1).jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MMtwo awww Jazzy is a love! "Floofy murder mittens" hahaha :love:

Yay to sleeping in til 7AM (!!!) and good luck writing your BIO. I am sure after you have some food and coffee in your system it will just write itself so to speak.

And I agree with you. Water is restorative to the soul.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 8.23.33 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!! Beautiful day today--had a nice walk outside. Week looking great for temps! melting snow and slush everywhere! I'm thinking it is Spring!

Just threw out my pumpkin (Halloween) today. LOL It lasted this long!!! I didn't have the heart to throw it out earlier.

@MMtwo Your cat is adorable! But a scallywag, no?

We went out for dinner last night for DH's birthday. It was so wonderful! Such a strange feeling though, it has been so long since we were out like that--things we've taken for granted. I piled on the jewellery. LOL. Maybe putting my sapphire again my solitaire wasn't such a good idea, I noticed them hugging each other and --it won't be an IF for long if I continue doing that. Just so excited to go out.

Thinking of everyone.

cheers--Sharon

TARSHA

Rough_Rock
OMG, Jazzy's "floofy murder mittens' and his abundantly floofy are adorable !!! :kiss2: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy - yes your area there has the illusion of seclusion; I still get annoyed at “crowds” if there is more than 2 people in a checkout line. Ha Ha. It’s all what we are used to every day. How exciting to see some seals on your walk and for a second time. We got to see some at the Monterey Aquarium but never got them on our frequent stops along Highway 1 near Big Sur. One place even had a sign it was a great place to see them; sadly we weren’t that lucky. LOL your shark leggings were lucky for you to see the seals. Sweet deer pictures too. We watched bunnies and birds out the window this morning while eating breakfast. You are all Cosmic today - I totally approve. Love those earrings. Great picture of the shadow or Missy and Greg snuggling on the beach.

@bling_dream19 I am delighted to hear your mom is doing better each day. How are you doing?

@junebug17 thank you - I am anxious to get my ring back. I was trying to get sympathy from Marty at dinner I don’t have a diamond to wear; that didn’t go unchallenged. Go figure! Have a safe trip to SC; I am glad to hear things are going good there.

@MMtwo March 15th will be here for you soon. Good time to update your picture and bio - I need a new picture of myself as well. That is too funny Jazzy knocks things off your nightstand one at a time - wake up mom! He is a cutie. My sister was telling me their cat misses my BIL - so I told her she is going to have to FaceTime my BIL with the cat so he can see dad is okay. LOL @missy says food and coffee will help you write your bio - the 2 glasses of wine at had at dinner seem to have the same effect. Ha ha.

@canuk-gal yay for spring arriving. We might see 50’s this week as well. Wow, your pumpkin did last a long time! Nice. How nice to go out for dinner last night for your Dh’s birthday. Too funny you loaded up on jewelry. Darn your sapphire and diamond were hugging each other - hopefully they are fine.

My BIL got good news. His cardiologist said his heart looks good but there is one chamber he wants to keep any eye on down the road. The aFib was not corrected by the shock treatment yesterday. They are taking him off blood thinners for at least 2 weeks. He needs to get the vessel in his nose fixed to stop the bloody noses. He still wants to loop in info and treatment with the kidney specialist. He is back on regular food and probably can go home tomorrow. Sound promising anyway.

I got the March astronomy newsletter done yesterday and will get it posted later. We went out for breakfast and dinner today. No dishes. Sweet! I got all my laundry done, did my lifting and other house chores.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday! Happy March 1st!

@marcy wonderful news about your BIL that his heart looks good and hopefully additional happy updates to come. I hope he gets to go home from the hospital today. Nice you finished the March newsletter. Just in time. Sweet dinner and breakfast you enjoyed out yesterday. No cooking or cleanup necessary. And good for you getting lifting and laundry done...too bad we cannot combine the two haha. Today's a lifting day for me. Sigh. Have a wonderful Monday and hugs.

@canuk-gal happy Monday. Yay for enjoying a lovely walk outside yesterday and glad your weather cooperated. Spring is (almost) here. How nice you enjoyed celebrating your DH's birthday this weekend. I am with you...any reason to pile on our bling is a good reason and glad you got to wear it this past Saturday night. Once in a while your sapphire and solitaire are good to be next to each other :) You kept that pumpkin a nice long time. And before we know it Halloween will be here again lol. (((HUGS))) and have a wonderful week.

@Bayek girlie thinking of you and sending big hugs your way.

@Slick1 hope your weekend was a good one and that your FIL is doing better. Keeping good thoughts for all of you. XOXO.

@mrs-b hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with love and laughter and a great visit with your stepdaughter and best friend. I am continuing to send you lots of healing vibes and (((hugs))).

@MamaBee fingers crossed for you that you get dose 2 in a timely fashion. It is going to work out hang in there. And hope your mom is continuing to improve. Big hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope you had a great weekend and that your workweek is off to a good start. Big hugs my sweet friend.

@sarahb thinking of you and sending (((hugs))).

@MJ_Mac hope all is going smoothly and you and your DH are doing well. XOXO.

@MMtwo please give your sweet Jazzy big hugs from me. What a sweetheart. I just want to reach out and hug and kiss him. :love: March 15th will be here before we know it. Hope yesterday's bio writing went easily for you. XOXO.

@Austina hope you and Colin had a wonderful weekend. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good Sunday albeit indoors. The only wildlife we saw were our ferals hanging around and thank goodness they all look well.

This is Tux yesterday looking at us as we played cards. :)

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 6.19.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 6.20.02 AM.png

He is a very sweet baby.

Oh and my parents got their second dose of Pfizer yesterday afternoon woohoo!
It is a relief that my parents and sister both got their second doses now as they are all very vulnerable.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 6.21.34 AM.png

Everyone have a happy Monday and be well. XOXO.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday, NIRDI's! I only have a couple of minutes before I jump into work. Still documenting processes, getting things ready for the new person.

@missy I am so glad your parents and sister have had the vaccine. Hope they have a minimal reaction afterwards. Tux is so cute...a big burly boy. I'll most certainly give Jazzy a hug from you. Have a good day! I have you and Greg in my thoughts.

@canuk-gal I have a soft spot in my heart for scallywags. Happy B-day to hubby. Glad you got out of the house and piled on the bling. The slow return to normal! We will all be so happy once things are easier.

@marcy great news for your BiL. I'm happy for you. Did he facetime his cat? I'm sure that would have been a bright spot. Looking forward to your ring's arrival!
I had tried to write a bio after drinking two glasses of wine. Not recommended. You could almost read the results with a slur. Toast and coffee was more productive and I hacked out an acceptable two paragraphs. I just copied someone else's example.

Shout out to everyone, I need to grab a shower and get started on my day, so this is a short post. Oh, also last night Garry H weighed in on the specs on the upgrade and said it would be a nice stone, so I'm feeling really good about that. I also ordered a lab eternity in bezels from Ouros last week. The diamonds are 2mm, so it should match the thickness of the e-ring pretty well.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m delighted to hear your dear parents and sister have had their second jabs @missy, what an almighty relief for you. :dance: I really hope they don’t get severe reactions to this latest Jab. Aww Tux looks in really good condition looking in to see what’s going on. How lovely to see the seals and deer whilst out walking. We saw quite a few seals when we were in California on our last cruise (a million years ago!!!), they’re comical things, and the ones we saw were all in a pile sunbathing. Looks like lovely spring weather, doesn’t it make you feel good to be out in the cool sunshine?

:lol: @MMtwo what a lovely kitty Jazzy is, love the fluffy bootees. I hope the interviewing went well, and your last 2 weeks in the job fly by. I can’t wait to see your new rings, hurry up and get here!

What great news @marcy, so glad your BIL seems OK apart from the valve, sounds a bit like Colin. I’m sure your sister is going to be so relieved to have him home and have him eating again. Sounds like a plan to stop the blood thinners. Hopefully your ring is currently being taken care of, and will soon be winging it’s way back home to you.

Sounds like a lovely way to celebrate DH’s birthday, I can’t wait til we can go out to eat again. Yikes, be careful with your beauty, don’t want to damage that. Have a good week at work.

Good luck getting your vaccinations in SC @junebug17, I must admit that even though I know we’re not fully protected, I do feel different now we’ve had our first dose. I feel so much more hopeful that we’re heading towards the finishing line.

I hope everything is well with you @Bayek and all the havoc the bad weather caused has been sorted out. Crazy that the temps have been in the 70’s this weekend compared to last.

@Polobowla I hope your DH’s good news has helped ease some of the stresses you’ve been under lately and that you’re not in too much pain.

How’re things with you @mrs-b, is the Humira having an positive effects yet? I’m sure you’re really enjoying your visitors, how lovely to do something normal.

Great news that your Mum continues to do well @bling_dream19, long may it continue. Are you enjoying your lovely new band now?

We had a lazy weekend, went out walking as the weather has been beautiful, cool but bright and sunny, Colin watched the rugby on Saturday, and we had a long FT session with Sue & Rob yesterday. We’ve decided to postpone the Australia cruise until next year, we just don’t think the borders will be open by November. We’ve also decided to take a chance and book a cruise for July from Istanbul to Athens. We’ve spent most of today sorting that out, looking for flights and dealing with the travel agent, who’d have thought it’d take so long? It’s nice to have something to look forward to and plan for. We’ll have all been fully vaccinated by then, and will continue to wear masks and distance as the ship won’t be full and they’ll have Covid measures in place.

We’ve decided to leave painting the sitting room ceiling this week, we’re going to get new paint ordered, so will do that next week. Lots of other things to get on with to keep us busy this week.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good start to the week, onwards and upwards :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy we are good kids and faithfully do our lifting. We ordered in quite a bit of things last week and I kept a medium box out to break up all the other boxes to put in for the trash. I told Marty the last time I was trying to fold and break up a bunch of boxes I had no muscles; it was way easier this time. Thank you for the hugs; hugs back to you, Greg and the sweet kitties. Good deal your parents and sister got their second shot.

@MMtwo I am sure writing your bio after 2 glasses or wine would be a bit more entertaining than writing it sober. It’s not something you’d give anyone but probably good for a laugh. Glad you got 2 good paragraphs written after coffee and toast. I like to have examples too; I don’t really copy them but it gives me ideas and the direction to go for my info. I am looking forward to both of our rings arriving. How exciting.

@Austina usually the orders from Whiteflash have an estimated shipping date but I just got the electronic bill which doesn’t include that. The local jeweler my sister uses for setting her sapphires buys her settings from Stullers and they seem to come in pretty quick so hopefully I get my ring next week. We will see. I am liking my ruby band as my wedding band this week. Glad to hear you had lovely weather this weekend for a walk. We are going to be in the 50’s for a few days this week. Sweet. How exciting to book a cruise for this summer.

My BIL got to go home from the hospital today. I am sure he is glad to be home and their cat Pete is probably thrilled dad is home.

I was a good kid and went to work today in spite of trying to convince myself this morning I was sick. I picked up Culver's for supper because their flavor of the day sounded good - cookie dough, salted caramel. Mmm.

Marty basically runs all the remotes so when TV doesn’t turn on I am lost. I couldn't get the satellite or Apple TV to come on when I got home tonight. I never know which stinking buttons or remotes to use to get everything to go except for the on / off button on the satellite remote. I know the sound isn't on right but I finally got the TV on and sound coming out of the TV instead of the speakers. Our tuner is basically on the floor so I can never read what the heck it says for which sound mode it is playing. When I turn it off at night the tuner turns back on about 10 minutes later so I hear TV for about 5 minutes then it shuts itself back off. Naturally that never happens to Marty. Messing up electronics is one of my super powers.

One day down - 4 to go. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha. No surprise here. My sister’s cat has been ignoring my BIL all night. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's a super windy Tuesday here. And cold. Brrrrrr.

@marcy wonderful news that your BIL got to go home yesterday and yes I am sure Pete is thrilled. It is hard on our furry babies not knowing what is happening. Glad you made it to work and yes salted caramel and cookie dough is a good reward. Haha I feel you re remotes and working the TVs etc. When we had our first beach house in SG I couldn't work any of the TVs with the complex way they were set up with a universal remote. No thank you. It is much easier now as we have two remotes for each TV and no more universal remote. Greg enjoys a good sound system too and it does make for a more complicated set up. Hahaha Pete is ignoring your BIL? He is probably pissed he was away so give it some time and he will come around. These cats. Oy to the vey. They can be a handful. I hope Pete is purring in your BIL's lap right now. On that note sending you hugs and have a good day. XOXO.

@MMtwo thank you and ooh cannot wait to see your new bling. A NIRDI gets bling we all get bling. :)
XOXO.

@Austina thank you. It felt great being outside even yesterday when there was no sun while we were walking. Any day we get to go outside is a good day. I know you get that. Glad you and Colin enjoyed a lovely weekend and had a good FT chat with Sue and Rob. I am sorry you had to postpone the Australia cruise but it is the best decision. We cannot control the pandemic but we can adapt and make the personal changes necessary to stay safe. So we have a tomorrow to look forward to and cruises and travel are in your future. Hang in there. Big hugs.

@Polabowla hope your week is going well and that more good news is on your way. Keeping you in my thoughts. Big hugs.

@Bayek big hugs girlie. Kate the Great. XOXO.

@springerspaniel hugs and hope you are enjoying a lovely week.

@Slick1 any updates? Continued good wishes and much love to you.

@MamaBee one day at a time. One hour at a time. Big hugs.
Fingers crossed for you.

@mrs-b hope you continue to feel better each day. Much love and big hugs being sent your way.

@bling_dream19 can we see photos of your gorgeous new band? I am so pleased it is with you and as I wrote above to @MMtwo when a NIRDI gets bling we all do. :love: Big hugs to you and I hope your mom is continuing a full recovery. XOXO.

@canuk-gal hope work is going smoothly. Sending you warm hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good walk yesterday despite no sun while we were out and the brisk temps. Today is much colder with strong winds so not sure what we are doing. Tomorrow we both have endocrinology appointments and I am already nervous about those. Yesterday during our walk it was clear the majority of the snow had finally melted.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 6.19.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 6.20.07 AM.png

Despite the cold temps and windchills today I know Spring is almost here! Have a wonderful Tuesday lovely ladies. Big hugs.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Polabowla - great news re your husband! So happy for you - it's such a big deal! How are *you* feeling?

@missy - it was 13 degrees here this morning when Tim took the dogs out for their morning walk! Brrrr!! Thinking of you tomorrow when you both have your appts; I feel as tho it would be helpful to you if you just had a clear diagnosis and treatment plan. Sometimes i think doctors have no idea what a difference it makes just knowing where you are and where you're going. And VERY pleased to hear about the vaccine progress for you and all your family. Hugs to you, my friend! ox

@marcy - I totally hear you re remotes and WTF?? I pick mine up, look at it, put it down, and go find something else to do! I cannot tell you how many times I've said to Tim - I just want to watch TV. Press a button - watch TV. No more and no less. Gees louise - does it have to be that hard?! I'm very glad, tho, to hear that your BIL is home. Hoping he now goes from strength to strength. And looking forward to seeing your new ring! Roll on next week!

@Austina - I'm so jealous of your weather! I'm glad you've been able to get out and about - just getting outside would be such a huge improvement! I just asked Alexa the temperature - it's 18F. >sigh< Does Colin follow the cricket? Tim is a very keen fan and used to play in a local team when we lived in Epsom. His team played against the Windsor Castle household staff a couple of times on the oval in their grounds. It was awesome and we felt very grand! Not surprised you're taking a break from painting - how are your back and shoulders holding up?? It's a lot of work! And Bertie looks wonderful. What a love!

@canuk-gal - lucky you, going out to dinner! I'm so pleased you got to wear your gorgeous bling and Leave The House!! And I'm glad the weather has been cooperating, also. We're meant to have a very cold week this week - then quite moderate (50's) for about 4 or 5 days next week - then back to the 40's for a week or two before climbing back into the 50's and...SPRING! Yaaaaay! March is always iffy. April is spring. So we only need to hold on for 4 more weeks and we're THERE! Crocuses and daffies and tulips and buds and GREEN! Siiiiiighhhh...deliciousness! How is work going?

@Bayek - how are you? Hanging in there? Have all the effects from the vaccine gone? What are the temps there like now? And how did the house hold up - did you find any leaks? I hope all is well with you.

@MMtwo - your new diamond sounds fab! That's a very nice size bump! Looking forward to a little fashion show by you and Marcy when your new sparklies arrive. I am currently having my enamel charm bracelet tweaks, another bracelet tweaked, and my opal ring redone from yellow to rose gold - otherwise, tho, exactly the same. Just changing the metal and going down a couple of sizes. I also upgraded my GOG 1.09 to a 1.51 G VS2 - gooooorgeous stone - which I'm setting in platinum with pear sides. It will be about half the ctw of my yellow gold 3 stone, but I wanted something to wear more casually, and this should fit the bill nicely. I would love to hear the two-glasses-of-wine bio! All bios should be so enjoyable. :))

@Slick1 - I'm sorry you're going through stuff right now. I think of you often and hope things look up for you very, very soon.

@MamaBee - how are things with you and how are you holding up? Have you had your BP checked recently? Do you take it daily yourself? I hope all is well with you and that the drugs have brought your BP down. I'm hoping things have improved for your mom and that the stress has lifted a little for you. Ok, well, actually I hope it's lifted a lot because it sounds like things are just too tough right now. Check in when you can - we're thinking of you. ox

@junebug17 - when do you go to SC? I hope the change of scene brings you joy and that you can get all the house projects done that need doing.

As for me, the side effects of the Humira have calmed, but the improvement to my gut thus far has been negligible. The last 2 days have been quite bad and I'm hoping that passes very soon. I continue to have daily sore throats and swollen glands, which is a side effect of Crohn's and I'm hoping the Humira might ease that also. No relief thus far, tho.

David (best friend) and Eleanor (his daughter, my god daughter) are here - YAAAAY! Eleanor turns 20 on Thursday and we'll be going out to dinner and opening a bunch of presents. :)) The dogs are THRILLED they're here, as they get so many extra walks! I'm very busy coordinating everyone, keeping the house running, and keeping everyone entertained, but everyone seems to be having a wonderful time, which makes me *very* pleased.

Doing a bunch of projects with DKJ, but it's slow going, as it's an evolving process. Hopefully in a couple of months I'll have a slew of new pieces to show for it.

Hugs to you all! NIRDI shout out!

:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh, I’m sorry the Humira isn’t having a better effect on you yet @mrs-b. I really hope it starts making a big difference and you feel more normal. It sounds like you’re having fun with your guests, and I’m sure the doggies are loving have more people to lavish attention on them. Colin has zero interest in cricket :lol: the only sport he has any interest in is rugby, so he was glued to the 2 international matches on Saturday and I could hear lots of muttering going on. He and Rob then dissected the England match on Sunday while Sue and I looked on amused. Neither of us has much enthusiasm for repainting the sitting room ceiling, but we will get it done.

It was down to 6 deg C today @missy, but it was lovely and bright, so we enjoyed a chilly walk this morning. It’s not a lot of fun when it’s windy, especially if it’s the bone chilling variety, but you look well wrapped up and Greg looks happy. Good luck with your appts tomorrow, and I totally agree with @mrs-b, it would be good to know exactly what you’re dealing with, as the uncertainty is so unsettling. Everything crossed that you’ll get answers and a way forward.

That made me laugh about your sister’s cat @marcy, one of our dogs used to do that when we’d been away, he’d sulk and ignore us when we got home. We just have 1 remote per TV which operates the Sky box attached to it, makes life simpler, although Colin has trouble navigating the one :lol:

I’m sorry you’re going through difficult times @Slick1, sending love and positive vibes your way.

How’re things with you @MamaBee, I hope your Mum is doing better and your life is a little calmer.

We’ve been trying to sort out flights and hotel for the July trip, oy, nothing is ever simple. Rob is so funny, Colin had to take screen shots of the flight bookings as he’s not very savvy and needed walking through the process, and even then, he rang Colin because he wasn’t sure what to do :lol: We finally managed to get it all sorted, so fingers crossed everything will be fine and we actually get to go.

Just waiting on some information from the electrical company for our meeting on Thursday to choose light fittings, fan placements etc., it’ll be good to get the ball rolling. \

We’re actually going to go out food shopping tomorrow afternoon, there are just some things we cant’ get in our online orders.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MMtwo I don't think I've ever read any PS post to my DH but "floofy MM" was just too funny not to share. Jazzy rules!

@missy your ferals are an adorable lot. Hope your folks are OK with their second vaccine and that your medical appointments go well.

@mrs-b Healing vibes across the miles to you. How wonderful you are enjoying the company of your "peeps".

Ran around today--not working as I have appts. It was a nice warm day--and the snow is melting and making a mess of things. YES!!!!!

A colleague recommended a bistro in the neighborhood I was near today--so stopped in for some takeout. BEST sausage rolls I've had in AGES!!!! I never order stuff like this b/c they always disappoint but these were perfection. Brought back memories of my childhood favorite bakery that made the best mincemeat tarts and the best sausage rolls. Something to smile about.

NIRDI shout out.:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results