shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MMtwo aww thank you ❤ for all your kind words.
I figure it’s just about the only thing I can control. My attitude. Or should I say cattitude lol meoww. I enjoy connecting with warm and genuine people online and off. During this pandemic it’s been a blessing to be able to keep connections any way we can.

And I do get it. I am sending you comforting hugs.
Adding please don’t feel pressured to keep up etc. This is supposed to be a safe haven and bring you joy and peace. We’re here for you when you want us to be. XOXO.

@Scandinavian sweet lady I can’t do wool. I get hives. I put my Costco hand warmers in my mittens and voila. Cozy warm.

I ordered white/cream gloves and mittens. I know it’s impractical but sometimes you gotta just let loose hahahaha.
XOXO

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
This is so beautiful Marcy! and OMG! I thought I was the only one with lots of Peanuts on my mantle! We also have the movie theater, Pawpet show, Nativity Scene, etc. My husband loves to decorate and while I am at the hospital he has been in a decorating frenzy, so I never know what I'm walking into in the morning and I never know what I'm coming home to at night, but at least the latter is peaceful and not dangerous in any way.

IMG_0719.JPG IMG_0721.JPG
[/QUOTE]

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I just pretend and try to jump in!
[/QUOTE]

Me too!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I hope everything went well today and Greg got his pre-op assessment done, ready for Friday @missy. Glad you had a good weekend cycling and enjoying being out in the fresh air. Your photos are lovely, and the deer are so majestic and regal looking. I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment, so I’m sending lots of good thoughts that this week goes well for you both.

Just jump in whenever you can @MMtwo :mrgreen: Life certainly likes to throw challenges our way, and I’ve always thought that special children are given to special parents.

Sorry things are proving difficult again @MamaBee, hopefully a return to a more structured environment will help C get back on track. Take care.

We’re apparently in for a freeze @Scandinavian, I think they said ‘Arctic blasts bringing lots of snow’ :shock: It’s certainly feeling a lot colder these last couple of days, stay safe and warm.

Happy belated birthday @canuk-gal, your new ring is stunning and sits so well on your hand. Sounds like you had fun despite the current situation.

Your tree looks lovely @marcy, I know a lot of people here have already put their tree and decorations up. I just can’t be bothered, we’ll be decorating right up until Christmas, and as soon as it’s over, we’ll be starting again, so I can’t justify the time it’s going to take to put it up and pack it all away after. No one but us will see it anyway, as we’ll still be subject to restrictions once the current lockdown ends on Wednesday.

Sending good thoughts @Keeliamira that you’re continuing to recover well, and finding pretty things to buy!

How’re things going with the house @Bayek? I really hope they’re ploughing ahead and it’s nearly ready.

I had to catch up with the cleaning yesterday and get a few loads of laundry done, but we didn’t rush to get up so had an otherwise easy day.

Had my last physio session this morning, Liz is very pleased with my progress, and said my leg is much stronger than it was. She also said if at any time in the future, I’d like advice or have any questions, just get in touch, but she hopes to never see me again :lol:

We popped in to Costco this afternoon, our last trip before Christmas because it’ll be far too busy from now on, got what we needed so we’re all set. We’re starting on the study tomorrow so another busy day ahead.

The electricians emailed this morning at 8am, they’re planning to come on Friday, so fingers crossed that goes well.

Breakfast is continuing to do really well, he’s just too adorable and so eager to please. Adam and Kim were back to work today, so after taking him for a long walk, Adam set up his bed near his crate, and put the pen around it. He happily laid there watching The Dog Whisperer, while Adam worked and kept an eye on him via the camera. :lol: They’d been taking turns sleeping in the living room with him in his crate, but last night he went to bed and they went to bed and he slept happily all night.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Austina that is good news. Congrats on finishing your PT successfully and doing so well. And yes to Adam and Kim falling in love with the sweet dog. Good luck with the electricians Friday and thank you so much for all your good wishes for Greg. Much appreciated. Enjoy working on your study today.

Lots on the agenda so just wanted to say good morning to everyone and have a lovely day.
XOXO.

Gracie wishes you all a purry good morning.

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 5.41.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 5.40.48 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I just wanted to say if you are reading @Niffler75 I am keeping good thoughts for you and hoping all is going well. XOXO. We miss you here and I just wanted to say hello!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Dear Ladies, thank you for the thread support. I will jump in when I can and not stress about it. I do love reading this thread.

@canuk-gal Happy belated birthday. Your Tiffany ring is beautiful. It also looks lovely on you. I hope your day was great from one end to the other.

@Scandinavian your photos of the quiet water are so serene. I like to look at pictures of about the Nordic countries. I have ancestry from there (thanks Ancestry DNA) so your pictures seem extra special. From your pictures, it is so beautiful.

@springerspaniel How sweet that hubby decorates for you. Hope that warm happiness that comes from Christmas can chase the after work fatigue and cares. I'm so behind. Hubby is off this week and trees and decorations will go onto his honey-do list.

@marcy enjoy the beautiful Christmas decorations. Your peanut collection is so cute!

@MamaBee I'm so sorry you're going through this. 2020 has been so tough for you. It will get better soon. I really believe that just a couple more months and all of this mess will turn a corner. SEnding a hug. I am glad that your oldest is in treatment and hoping for a positive outcome for him and your family. That is so stressful too.

@missy hang in there - just a few more days. My son had an emergency gallbladder removal a couple of months ago and I was terrified that he would bring home COVID. Regardless we went to visit him and kept our distance from other folks. It turned out fine and he made a speedy recovery. This won't help, but I do know what it feels like to worry about an operation and COVID as a tag-team situation. It sucks. Can we get to 2021 fast enough? I think not. ((HUGS))

Gracie is such a sweet little lady. Good morning sweet Gracie.

@Austina thanks for the support :) I try to be the Mom he needs. If only kids came with instruction manuals. Glad your leg is getting stronger.

You mentioned a Costco run...have you ever tried their chicken street taco kit? Our family is addicted. They are in the pre-made food section (if yours has it). Hubby went yesterday and brought them home and we were in heaven. Oh My Word yummy.

I love Breakfast...I hope he's a keeper and we get more pictures!

For myself: this week has not been an easy one. Hubs and I are at political odds and we are trying to stay connected during this period of....just UGH. Trying to support one another in a time where the world is divided. I wonder when and how we come back together. He is not alone in his thinking. I'm so mad at every manipulator of truth...I could spit. We will get through this, but the challenges are there. I just sort of broke and cried the other day. We're all so done with the fear and division of the day. I keep telling myself I am tenacious and tough and this too shall pass. We'll be in a new place five years from now. Deep breath, straighten that tiara darling...we'll move on.

Thank you for being the wonderful, beautiful ladies you are. This thread is a happy place, and I love getting to know you and seeing and hearing about your lives.

(((HUGS))) to everyone.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

If only there was a manual @MMtwo, or even a 30 day money back guarantee :lol: It’s on the job training, and we muddle through somehow. It sounds like you’re a great Mum. I’m sorry things are stressful for you ATM, hopefully the things you do have in common with DH will prove to be more important than those you don’t. As you say, the world, our lives, are constantly changing, and things have a way of getting resolved. Hang in there, things will get better.

I don’t think I’ve seen the chicken street taco kit in our Costco, I’ll have a look next time I’m in Austin, perhaps they have them there.

I hope today has gone well @missy and you’ve got everything accomplished that you needed to do. Thank Gracie for the kitty love, bless her little white cotton socks. I was a bit worried when I went to PT yesterday, because all this decorating, up and down, kneeling etc., had made my knee ache, but Liz said she’d have been surprised with that amount of activity if it didn’t. She said it’s a good sign that I’m able to do so much, so onwards and upwards.

We didn’t end up painting the study today, we did paint the ceiling, but then moved on to the hall. There’re a lot of things that need moving before we can paint the walls in there, so we decided to do the easier option. Colin had a lot of paperwork to do, so I ended up painting the walls myself while he was sorting all that out. Oy, my neck and shoulders are killing me now!

A couple have asked to meet Breakfast, is it bad of me to hope they won’t want him? I think they’re going to meet him this evening, so perhaps we’ll know more tomorrow.

Keeping all the lovely NIRDIs in my thoughts, and hoping that life is treating you well.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@MMtwo I am sorry you and your DH are at political odds/ends but take heart. You’re not alone and you will get through this. We live in strange times. I have to believe it will get better. Greg and I agree on most things but re the supreme court’s most recent decision we do not agree. Interesting discussions have ensued lol.

My biggest concern re the newest Supreme Court member is women’s (& minorities) rights being taken away. Especially Roe v Wade but we can’t discuss here. Suffice to say we will get through this and I hope for the best. Big hugs to you

@Austina hope yesterday went well and all is going according to plan. I’m so pleased for you that your knee is good and PT went so well. Any dog updates? Hugs.

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well.

What a week lol. Monday Greg had pre surgical tests etc. Hopefully all results will give him the green light for surgery Friday. Yesterday I saw a new gynecologist who thinks I need HRT for my bones and help with sleep quality and quantity. I saw my endocrinologist today (as did Greg) who agrees so I might start that in a few weeks. We’ll see. I’m hesitant as I don’t do well with those kind of hormones. It made me extremely depressed when I tried BC pulls in the 90s. But we shall see.

Endocrinologist feels it’s a mixed bag re Greg’s diagnosis. So we wait for the the lab tests from today to see if there’s a clearer picture. He did say Greg is strong and fit so having OP (just in his hip I think) doesn’t make sense. But with 3 to 4 decades of kidney stones something is going on. What is the question. I know in my gut it’s hyperparathyroidism but the endocrinologist said if the scans aren’t clear as to which parathyroid more harm than good can come from the surgery so he wants more info. And he wants any surgery for parathyroid if necessary to be after Covid. Sigh. But at least we are working towards a diagnosis and solution. Slow as it is.

We actually went cycling yesterday afternoon for a few hours. It was cold and windy but nice enough. Today we aren’t as it’s colder and windier and we had a long morning. After the endocrinologist I had to see my podiatrist for the one week follow up and he was pleased.He put some violet g on my toe and wants it covered for another week. So all ok there. Whew.

One more day and then surgery Friday for my DH. Looking forward to a successful surgery and a calmer week next week.

That’s my update. Hope everyone is enjoying a nice week. (((Hugs))).

Leaving you with a pretty decoration in the city as we drove to our endocrinologist early this AM.

1F4DC997-542A-44D7-BE4B-022DE18AC1F4.jpeg

And one of our cycling route kitties from yesterday’s ride. Look at that face. Swoon!

62C039EB-A1EC-435F-A5A2-D3BE9606D36E.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m glad Greg managed to get his pre-op tests done, fingers crossed it’ll be all systems go for Friday. Ugh, it’s a dilemma not to mention a juggling act trying to figure out what’s for the best with meds., I suppose you can only try and see how you feel, whether they agree with you or not. I decided a long time ago, that HRT was not something I was going to take, apart from the hot flushes, menopause hasn’t been too bad for me. Actually, compared to my reproductive years, it’s been a breeze, so I’ve coped, but I haven’t had any of the health challenges you’re dealing with.

The couple went to see Breakfast yesterday evening, and they want him :( I know it’s for the best for him to have a permanent home, but I was really hoping he could stay. Kim is all for keeping him, but Adam went in to this as a foster only. The couple’s dog died recently, and their other dog is pining so they hope the two of them hit it off. Adam has to take him back to the shelter for a meet up to see how it goes. I wish we’d got to meet him because he’s such a lovely boy.

We cracked on with the study today, had to empty out all the books and sorted them, we won’t be needing the English garden plant books, or the British Birds books.

Colin had even more paperwork to do this afternoon, so after painting the walls, I did all the woodwork, took down the curtain pole in the hall ready for the new one to go up.

Phew, this is tiring, but needs must.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are ok. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina you are busy!!! I am exhausted reading about all your hard work!
@marcy your Snoopy Christmas stuff is adorable. We have a few items here......
@missy hope Greg's procedure goes well.

I am off this week--medical appointments galore. Spent another hour in the dentists chair yesterday...
I had a McDonalds burger today with some fries---pretty rare event for me but I really enjoyed it!! Lovely warm weather for a nice walk--my DH rode.

But on a fun note, I am meeting with a friend to help her pick out some diamond huggies. :wavey: Maybe I'll find a little treat for myself while we are at it......

cheers--Sharon

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@missy im so glad Greg is at least through his pre-op testing. It can be so frustrating when you’re in pain and things have to be postponed. And wishing all the love and health in the world to him and to you!

@MMtwo Thank you for your sweet message! It sounds like you were having life and family stress as well. I am sending big hugs your way!

Thank you for all of the healing dust, love, and good vibes from @springerspaniel and everyone else who has offered them!

I am still in a lot of pain and still sleeping mostly upright in my zero gravity chair every night but I am going absolutely stir crazy! I talked my doctor into giving me clearance to go back to work two weeks early but work remotely from home so I can flex my hours around how I’m feeling. I just can’t stand sitting around not using my brain.

My hubby‘s father died Wednesday night prior to Thanksgiving and his evil stepmother didn’t even bother to call and let him know, neither did she tell him that his father was in the ICU with Covid on a vent. Needless to say, it’s been an emotional roller coaster of a month.

The Covid numbers here in the southwest are increasing as they are in most places in the US and the hospital I work at is officially beyond capacity. And we’re one of the hospitals that’s taking in transfers from other hospitals that are too small or world to care for serious Covid patients. As much as I can’t wait to get back to work, I’m not overwhelmingly excited about being physically at the hospital, as you can imagine. I am so so so thankful for all of the Frontline first responders and medical professionals who put themselves at risk every day to help people.

Just for fun, I’m including a couple of pictures of a fun fob I found while Internet treasure hunting. It turned out it was hiding a full-size gold Cartier mechanical pencil! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! 05B5B250-9901-4369-B3B1-4AD7600EFE50.jpeg

D8F133F8-D7E5-43C5-AD91-E268124B04F6.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@canuk-gal, Happy belated Birthday, your new Tiffany band is so, so pretty! I'm glad your work family made it fun for you. Good luck with your appointments this week and have fun diamond shopping. I wish I was coming along haha.

@Austina, it was so great of Kim and Adam to provide a comfortable and loving home for Breakfast while he waited for his forever home. He looks like such a sweetheart. You and Colin are getting so much done, it's really impressive and it must feel good to see the progress...but I know it's exhausting too. Great news about your knee, glad it's doing well.

@missy, good luck with your decision on HRT. I don't know much about it and it seems there are pros and cons, but if two doctors are recommending it it might be worth a try. I hope you get some definite answers soon about Greg's kidney stone issues. I'm sending him good wishes for a smooth and uneventful procedure on Friday. Love the pics of Gracie, she is a real cutie. The Christmas decorations look so festive.

@Scandinavian, beautiful tables and chairs, and so cozy and inviting right by the fire.

@MMtwo, your son sounds like a great guy and you are a great mom. I know it's not always easy and you worry for him. I too wish people would be more accepting of people who are not exactly like them. I'm sorry you couldn't see family members on Thanksgiving. I had a similar Thanksgiving to you but there are better times ahead. How is your dd doing? I'm so sorry you and your dh are going through a rough patch. I know it feels lousy but it's definitely not uncommon for couples to disagree strongly sometimes and I hope you and he can reach a point soon where you just agree to disagree.

@Keeliamira, I am so sorry for all you've been through and that you're still in pain. What a hard time for you and your family. I wish you a smooth recovery and I hope you're feeling better soon. My condolences on the loss of your husband's father, that is just tragic and made even worse by the circumstances.

@bling_dream19, happy to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving and were able to see your nieces and parents.

@marcy, glad Thanksgiving turned out well, I got hungry after reading your menu lol. Good for you for getting some shopping done, I need to get going with that. Love your new tree and your Chistmas decorations look beautiful.

@springerspaniel, sending good thoughts to you as you care for covid patients. Thank you for all you do. And continued good luck on your paper!

@MamaBee, hope you are settling in at your home in Maryland. I'm sorry about your ds and it's good your dh is handling things right now, you do need a break and you have others to care for. Please remember to take care of yourself too.

Dh and I had a nice, but quiet, Thanksgiving. DD and ds didn't come due to covid concerns but dh and I drove some food over to ds's and we chatted outside for a bit. We decided to go to SC for a while since dh is working from home. We've been here for about a week. We decided kind of quickly to come so I spent a few days beforehand cleaning a pretty messy house and throwing up some Christmas decorations.

Sending good thoughts to all the nirdis!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shopping with friends is the best @junebug17 . Come along!!! That said, we all have our hazmat suits on these days....LOL

Such lovely weather here today---broke a long time record for warm temps...16C!!! Had a lovely ride--half as long as our usual summer route--cuz of the ice... LOL It would have been such a great day to ski--bright blue sky and "warm".

One last medical appt tomorrow--good to have things under wraps....or as much as that is possible.

NIRDI shout out! Keep safe and well folks!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @canuk-gal @Keeliamira @junebug17 and everyone. Please excuse me for not mentioning all your names. I’m exhausted but just wanted to thank all of you for your good wishes and thoughts. Tomorrow is Greg’s kidney stone surgery under general. I haven’t decided if I’m staying at the hospital or going home and waiting there. Covid 19 makes everything more challenging. Greg wants me to wait at home after I drop him off and pick him up when he’s released. But I don’t like leaving him there alone.

And are you ready for this? I have to laugh. My PTH is sky high and my calcium is high too. It’s looking like I might have hyperparathyroidism. Weird but true. Omg. I have a telemedicine call with my endocrinologist next Thursday after all my labs come back. It’s not looking good.

However first and foremost I will make sure Greg gets what he needs and then we can focus on me. 2020 is the year that keeps giving.

@canuk-gal good luck tomorrow and hugs to all of you and have a good evening.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some pretty photos from cycling adventures today. Hope you enjoy. XOXO.

B9C8E026-7BEF-4AEE-945C-4C1526BB9908.jpeg 2A8E67CC-CEBB-4E92-AA88-6567B5AE8BE2.jpeg F390440E-246A-468E-85AE-EF1909F18A22.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @canuk-gal @Keeliamira @junebug17 and everyone. Please excuse me for not mentioning all your names. I’m exhausted but just wanted to thank all of you for your good wishes and thoughts. Tomorrow is Greg’s kidney stone surgery under general. I haven’t decided if I’m staying at the hospital or going home and waiting there. Covid 19 makes everything more challenging. Greg wants me to wait at home after I drop him off and pick him up when he’s released. But I don’t like leaving him there alone.

And are you ready for this? I have to laugh. My PTH is sky high and my calcium is high too. It’s looking like I might have hyperparathyroidism. Weird but true. Omg. I have a telemedicine call with my endocrinologist next Thursday after all my labs come back. It’s not looking good.

However first and foremost I will make sure Greg gets what he needs and then we can focus on me. 2020 is the year that keeps giving.

@canuk-gal good luck tomorrow and hugs to all of you and have a good evening.

@missy I didn’t want to like this post...I do that to mark that I’ve read it..I can’t believe you think you have hyperparathyroidism...I hope it’s not true...:pray:
I will be thinking of both of you tomorrow..Big hugs..XO

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I didn’t want to like this post...I do that to mark that I’ve read it..I can’t believe you think you have hyperparathyroidism...I hope it’s not true...:pray:
I will be thinking of both of you tomorrow..Big hugs..XO

+ a billion. Many love and are thinking about you both!!!!! BE WELL!!!!!!!!!!

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I’m sorry to read about the many challenges so many of you are facing over the holidays. Especially the health issues. Healing dust to all of you. @Keeliamira I am in awe of you.

It’s been a bit of a trying time for me since Thanksgiving, so I haven’t had much time or energy to post. I had a holiday gallbladder attack but I’m OK now. It was my own fault - I ate more fatty food than I realized. My sweet old dog has been having some major mystery health issues of her own, so we’ve back and forth to the vet several times. Today she seems to be more alert and feeling a bit better, so I am very grateful.

@missy I will be thinking of you and Greg tomorrow as he finally has his surgery. Big hug! I’m stunned to read that you may have hyperparathyroidism. I know it’s not what you wanted to hear, especially now. But maybe you’ll end up feeling better after surgery, if you need surgery that is. I don’t remember all of the health issues that can be associated with PHPT, but it’s quite a laundry list as you probably know. So many people report an improved quality of life post-surgery. Another BIG HUG and again, feel free to ask me anything Missy :)

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

just a quick post as I’ll be back later, just wanted to say I hope everything goes well for Greg’s surgery today @missy,

I understand why you don’t want to leave him there, but these are very different times, so I agree with him that it’s safer to wait at home. Oy to the max, what else is the universe going to throw at you? Take care xxxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and thank you! I appreciate your love and support. I am feeling overwhelmed over the sheer magnitude of all we are dealing with but I know everyone is dealing with stuff and I am not so self involved to realize that we are not special that way. But it means so much to me that you girls care about us and you know I care about you too.

@Austina indeed. I agree with all you have written. I am going to drop him off and pick him up and pray it goes smoothly. I would definitely feel better being there to advocate but between Greg wanting me to go back home and the idea of waiting 6 to 7 hours plus with a mask on in the surgery waiting room- it's a little too much for me so I am leaning towards coming back home. Please let the universe stop throwing stuff at all of us. Please. Big hugs to you sweet friend.

@SallyBrown oh no I am so sorry you had a gallbladder attack over Thanksgiving and I am glad your surgery is coming up. And I hope your sweet dog continues to feel better. Mystery illnesses are no good. Thank you for your generous offer of sharing info with me and I will take you up on that at another time. I am confused and concerned but my attention is on Greg right now. How could this be? My PTH is almost 100. Crazy. It had been creeping up and went from the 40s in 2019 to the 80s this year and I get blood done every 2-3 months and it has been in the 80s each time but this Wednesday it went to 99.6 with a calcium of 9.5. And perhaps (perhaps) this explains my elevated Alk Phosphatase which is now 200. But my endocrinologist still thinks it is my T3 thyroid meds despite me being still hypothyroid on the too low dose of meds he has me taking. But I digress. Sorry I wasn't about to start discussing this now. LOL. Back to Greg and you. Please take good care of yourself and I am sending you healing hugs and bucketloads of good luck dust. XOXO.

@Keeliamira you are an inspiration. I am continuing to send bucktloads of healing dust your way and much love. Wow I love that Cartier pencil. Gorgeous. XOXO.

@canuk-gal thanks sweet friend and hoping your medical appointment goes well today. The endocrine surgeon's assistant called us yesterday and wants Greg to get (another) Covid test before his appointment with him next Wednesday. Because he will be close to Greg during the appt. Poor Greg has gotten a Covid test so many times due to the surgeries etc and now less than a week apart because the endocrine surgeon is insisting. Sigh. I get it but these are strange times. Hugs to you and all the best. Stay safe and be well. Enjoy your warm weather. XOXO.

@Scandinavian thanks love. XOXO.

@MamaBee Yes I know haha. When you like my post I know that you have read it and it is OK. Sometimes if I am posting and there aren't any responses or likes IDK if anyone is reading haha so I appreciate it. How are you? How is David? How is your mom and how is Shatzie? Hugs and love and all my best. XOXO.

@Slick1 dear friend thank you for all your warm support and love. And right back at ya. Better times are ahead. I hope and pray. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 it's Friday but I won't feel relieved til Greg is home from surgery. Have a wonderful day and weekend and big hugs and much love.

@junebug17 I am glad you guys are back in SC. It's safer there. Our state is out of control with Covid infections. Sending you continued good wishes and hugs and all the best.

@rainwood thanks sweet friend. I am a nervous bundle of energy and I appreciate your calming words always. Hugs to you and much love.

@springerspaniel thank you so much and I hope you enjoy a good weekend. Appreciate all your caring support and kindness and sending you big hugs.

@Bayek hope all is well by you great Kate. Love you girlie. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. I hope all is well and life is treating you kindly.
I will check back in here later probably. Hugs to all of you.
XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just dropped Greg at the hospital and I am home now waiting.

@MMtwo hope you are doing A OK and all is well by you. Keeping you in my thoughts. (((Hugs))).

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hang in there dear @missy - your Greg is going to fly through the surgery safely and you will be his nurse when he gets home! Try to relax some today too. It is FriYAY and Greg is getting lifesaving and lifechanging surgery! I hope you look at lots of bling and enjoy delicious food. Sending you lots of love and hugs sweet friend!
Hi to all and love and hugs to all!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Ladies,

@missy you're in my thoughts this morning. I do believe Greg is strong and healthy and will come home to you in one piece. I admire he determination to keep you well. He clearly loves you and you are a great wife to want to stay by his side. He is a protector and wants his wife safe <3. I'll say prayers for you both.

I'm sorry to hear you are also dealing with some sort of flashes. Oh honey....what a year! It sounds like you have great doctors that can help you figure things out. I have hypothyroidism, so in that, I know how miserable a off kilter thyroid can feel. I get hot and cold flashes as a symptom. Ugh.

I appreciate your words of support and commiseration about working through political differences. One day at a time...we do love each other enough to figure things out. In that we are blessed.

The cycling route kitty looks like he talks and says "Youse guys". :) What a darling cat. Do you think he's stray? He looks well fed.

@Austina
Thank you. Life is seldom neat and manicured...at least mine has never been that smooth. It has been wild, unexpected and wonderful. I look back and smile. LOL...just hoping that 2021 turns out the same way.I appreciate your kind words and encouragement. It's not easy sometimes.

I'm happy/sorry to hear about Breakfast. Good for the couples god to have a companion though. Hope your "kids" find another adorable foster that works for them, if the meet and greet works out.

Good luck on the flurry of home improvement work...and take care of that knee! (HUGS)

@Keeliamira Cannot fathom a step mother that does not reach out to family. Your husband must be in shock. I am so sorry for your loss. This virus is so terrible.

Glad you can work from home as you feel up to it. What a strange work year this has been but how lucky that some can work from home Hope the pain continues to do better with time and you are feeling better and better.

Your Cartier mechanical pencil is a fun find. I like treasure hunting too! Sending you good wishes and hope for continued physical improvement. (hugs)

@junebug17
Thank you for the kind support. This week is shaping up better than last. The tension seems to have calmed down in the last few days. I really appreciate the "ear" of this group. I don't talk about this with anyone. Usually it's okay and I just power on, but lately, emotional reserves have been pretty thin (thanks 2020). True for everyone. Looking to 2021.

@MamaBee thinking of you and hope the MD trip is going okay.

@Sally Brown hope the gallbladder has calmed back down now. That appears to be a really nasty thing to deal with (son just had an emergency removal). It's so hard to pass by the Thanksgiving goodies. Hope they can get you all better so you will be able to enjoy your dinner next year without pain.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...or a better weekend. So much going on.

Son passed his CompTIA Network + yesterday (93%). That cert, with his Security+ should hopefully get his foot in the door somewhere. He doesnt have any hope of landing a job. He fights depression along with the autistic tenancies and defaults to "no hope". I am praying for one chance for this kid...just one.

Hubby and I are doing better - the air is clearer right now. One day at a time.

At my desk trying to work this morning.... Jazzy demands love, snuggles and I have 19 lbs of tom cat perched on my arm like a parrot. He is purring like a motorboat. We do this every morning until I move him to the futon in my office and I can get to work.

20201204_102640.jpg

There is a long story that goes along with this, but I have a friend that used to live in his van who has moved into an apartment. He is connected to a friend who passed on last Christmas due to cancer. She asked me to help care for him before she passed. he has been chronically homeless for years. Hubs and I helped him get housing through section 8, found him an apartment, moved him in...and he applied for disability. It is 6 months later.
Disability still pending. So I take him shopping (he is not near anyone else) and am his support person. His whole support. He has agoraphobia and is afraid of strangers. Thankfully, turning off electricity is on hold due to COVID. I really don't know what will happen to him if he doesnt get SSI, but he really needs it. We help him cover the most basic needs not possible through food stamps and wait (cat food, toilet paper, soap). Checking SSI website every day now. He applied 5/26.....arrrgggggg.

Anyhow, back story to add I will be running him around for shopping. I am worried on how the Holiday will effect him. Taking a small tree over, but it seems so weak. The only thing that will brighten his Christmas is a SSI determination. If you're a praying sort...please add him to the list.

Other than that...decorating this weekend. if I have extra time, I hope to draw or paint something. I always say that but never do.

HUGS from Virginia.

Missy, hang in there!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting to pick him up. He’s waiting for the hospital pharmacy to get him his meds. I spoke with the surgeon and it went well. Huge stone 9mm. Whew. Thanks for your support and company girls.

96B589FF-CC9D-48C8-9EF2-E67CEDD6429A.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Waiting to pick him up. He’s waiting for the hospital pharmacy to get him his meds. I spoke with the surgeon and it went well. Huge stone 9mm. Whew. Thanks for your support and company girls.

96B589FF-CC9D-48C8-9EF2-E67CEDD6429A.jpeg

Yay!!! I’m so happy he’s done! 9mm is huge! Not as big as Bubbalah but still huge! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results