shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sling, thanks for asking...the adorable pup is turning out to be very strong willed and a little bit naughty. I guess we are into the teen months. :lol: But he is wonderful.
Today he gets his passport. Vet visit and $75 and there you have it.
Happy to hear you are getting a grandpuppy for your canine fix!

Marcy dear Marcy, Did I read this right? You are moving to France to get away from the snow?? FYI I haven’t seen any red Xs on the floors here.

Bayek, stunning chandelier... perfect bling for your superhouse. Can’t wait for the NIRDI Texas GTG.:roll:

Oh Sharon, I do hate those tooth future scenarios. Fingers crossed that crown behaves itself for a long time to come.

Austina, thumbs up for the glorious weather. How nice to have a get away to look forward to. Enjoy!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@Austina yay for enjoying a wonderful day with Sue and Rob and finalizing your travel plans. It's good to have something to look forward to. Thank you for all your kind words. I agree there is nothing I need or want bling wise. Not even close. I feel good about giving all my bling money this year to charities we support. It feels better than getting bling right now. For me. Though don't get me wrong. I love bling so much. Hahaha. But I love giving to the causes I feel need the money even more. And there is always next year. Hugs and have a wonderful day sweet Austina. You are a precious gem in every sense of the word and I am so happy and honored we are friends off line too. (((Hugs))).

@Bayek the girls are going to school in person part week on and part week remote. My sister feels this is best for their learning and social growth. They really wanted to go and she agreed. I however am unsure how I feel. My parents are having a Rosh Hashanna celebration with the family this weekend and my sister and the kids are attending. True it will be in their backyard outdoors but I don't like the risk given the kids are back in school surrounded by other kids. Greg and I are not attending despite my parents not being happy about it. I am frustrated they are putting themselves at risk but nothing more I can do about it. I have voiced my disapproval and that is all I can do. But we shall not be attending.

I am glad the builder is on top of things and cannot wait for this all to be complete and I know it will be a huge relief for you. I like your new chandelier. It has very clean lines and feels very modern. I like it!

Hugs to you and John and please say hey to Katie and hug Auti from me. XOXO Kate the very great and wise and wonderful. Love you girlie. I really do. XOXO.

@Slick1 what a gorgeous ring. Oy to school being so hectic but glad you can take a nap when you get home. I am in awe of anyone who can nap. You deserve it and I hope next week isn't as crazy but it probably will be once the kids are in class though maybe it will keep getting better as the kinks get worked out. Stay well and stay cool. Sending you lots of good wishes and big hugs. Hope you can renew online too. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 dear friend how are you and how is your week going? Hoping you are wearing and enjoying all your gorgeous new diamonds. I am living vicariously through you at the moment and I hope you do not mind. I am thrilled for all the beautiful bling you have received and it makes me as happy as if I have gotten it. I am not kidding. Hugs and love and lots of blingy joy being sent your way.

@marcy all I can see after reading your post are CC cookies. OMG yummmmmm. Jimmy didn't want to make up 5 days of the order because he wants it to be fresh for us so they are making it daily. I feel he might forget since he is on vacation now and away. So he has to call his staff and tel them but I didn't want to bother him on vacation so I didn't text him last night as he told me to. I refuse to bother him while he is away on vacation. He deserves a break. So we shall see if ice cream is waiting for us in his freezer today or not. We enjoyed it yesterday as he did remember that and it was good. Now what I wouldn't do for CC cookies. :lol:

Glad your cleaning lady came and that you got lots of food shopping done and won't have to go back soon. Oy to having to log in and do your employee's job for her. What else is new. What would they do without you indeed. XOXO.

@canuk-gal glad your weather is improving and the smoke has reached us on the eastern seaboard too. It's too high to cause us health issues but our skies are hazy from the west coast fires if you can believe it. Glad the dentist was able to fix your crown and hope it stays fixed. Hope you get to enjoy cycling this week and have a lovely week. Hugs.

@AV_ thinking of you and sending hugs.

@Jimmianne hugs to you and Kine. Hope all is well.

@junebug17 hope all is well and life is good. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

Greg and I had a great cycling day and we hit 5K yesterday for the season so far and counting. It was colder yesterday than it had been this year but it was lovely still. I was wearing my warmest jacket and 2 layers underneath so as it gets colder I will layer more and hopefully that will hold me.

Haha you can see my jacket in this pic where I took our miles of the season so far when we got back.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 6.00.15 AM.png

At 5,040 miles to date.

Greg opening up for our ice cream yesterday. I scream, you scream, we all scream, for ice cream :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 6.02.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 6.01.28 AM.png

And locking up afterwards.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 6.01.37 AM.png

And the skies. A bit hazy from the west coast fires if you can believe it. I heard the meteorologists talking about it this morning and now it makes sense re our hazy skies despite the sun yesterday. It is super high in altitude so it doesn't affect our breathing or anything. But sending so many good wishes to all those affected on the west coast and beyond. Terrible situation and hoping the fires are all put out soon and everyone is safe and sound.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 6.03.00 AM.png

More riding today hopefully. Have a lovely lovely day girls and hugs to my friends. here. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more photo. I love being at the beach. The water, the surf, the sounds, the smell. All soothing to the soul.

skiesabovelongbranchbeach.png

And it has emptied out quite a bit. Funny, Labor Day weekend comes and goes and suddenly it is oh so quiet and peaceful. Just how we love it. Despite the melancholy in the air that is summer becoming autumn which always strikes us. Weird but yes there is a melancholy in the air.

One day I hope you girls can visit us here.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m sure it’s exhausting trying to keep on top of things @Slick1. I know our neighbours kids are all back at school, and so far so good, let’s just hope it stays that way. It must be a minefield trying to work out the logistics of teaching at the moment. Love your ring, are you pleased with it?

I’m glad things have quietened down there @missy, it looks so serene, and yes, we’re looking forward to the day we can take you up on your invitation. We have to believe that it IS going to happen, that we WILL get through this, and life will return to a normal that we can all deal with. The situation on the West Coast is just heartbreaking, the images are just unimaginable to us, the devastation is unbelievable, I just hope that the fires can be brought under control soon. I can’t imagine trying to live through that on top of everything else. Woohoo to hitting 5000 miles, that’s amazing considering everything that’s happened this year.

Try not to worry too much about your parents, I’m sure they’ll all be very careful and maintain distancing, you know your sister and nieces won’t put them at risk.

Yikes @canuk-gal I hope after all this treatment, your tooth will be OK. Adam went for a check up and clean and left $400 lighter :-o

Sounds like Monsieur Kine has become a jubilant delinquent @Jimmianne :lol:

I hope you remind them regularly that you’re worth your weight in gold, sapphires and diamonds @marcy, they’re so lucky to have you. Yay to a clean house and a stocked fridge.

It was another lovely day here, Colin dismantled the BBQ and took it to the tip, so that‘s one less thing we have to get rid of. I didn’t do anything, I had a lousy night’s sleep, I don’t know if it’s possible, but for some reason my stomach hasn’t been feeling great since Friday, can steroids do that, I don’t know?

I think I forgot to share some exciting news with everything that’s been going on, but on Friday, our I 130’s were filed :dance: So now we wait and keep everything crossed for no hold up or problems.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing OK and keeping safe :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Slick1 good luck adapting to the new technology at school. When I taught online classes it took way more time than on campus. One of Marty’s clients teaches junior high here and she is exhausted at the end of the day with the extra things she has to do. Hopefully it becomes easier and more routine for you soon. Sorry you miss Chase especially when you come home. Hugs to you. We have had one snow storm already. Winter is knocking on my door for sure. I love your new band; I can’t wait to see it.

@Jimmianne so Kine has a mind of his own; that will keep you guessing what he’s up to at times.

@missy woo hoo for so many miles this summer. That’s great you donated bling money to your favorite charities. Your ice cream looks delicious and great pictures of the ocean and sky. Yes, smoke is reaching you - more of the country is covered than not; we are in the heavy band today. Yay for a less crowded beach.

@Austina I have told them at work a gift card to my favorite jewelry store is always appreciated. Strange, it never shows up on my desk. I hate to hear you’ve had a stomach ache and couldn’t sleep. I have no idea if steroids can bother your stomach but it seems possible. Good idea to start getting rid of things. I hope you don’t miss having the BBQ; I like it mostly because it creates less dishes. Sadly most of the winter we can’t use it. At our old house we had a covered back porch that was cement so we used it year round. Our deck gets slick with snow and ice. If we moved the grill to the patio under the deck it would probably be drifted in all the time plus Marty would get tired of running up and down the stairs to grill. That’s great news your papers were filed. More progress.

Work was okay for a change - no major updates I had to deal with. Sweet. I have been upgrading the operating systems on my phone and iPads. I hit the wrong button on my phone cutting me off access to our network but I was so proud I found it and fixed it. Marty would totally have been amused if I had to ask him how to fix it.

I just got done lifting. Marty uses a program that sends his clients reminders of their workouts and where you submit your "numbers" after you lift. I submitted very fictional numbers - 438 lbs, 482 lbs and 1008 lbs. I wonder how long it will take him to find it. Yes, I am easily amused.

I am eating a bowl of strawberries that need a pancake, whip cream and powdered sugar to make them taste better but I'll be good and eat my bowl of fruit. I have a mini meatloaf baking and will heat up a bread stick I had in the freezer. My orders from Omaha Steaks and Kansas City Steaks showed up today so my freezers are over flowing. We only have the freezers in our 2 refrigerators. I thawed out 2 cookies for dessert and have one of those mini Ben and Jerry’s chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I am trying to keep up with Missy and Greg!

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Missy you made my whole day! That is so sweet you are enjoying my bling and its yours too anytime of coarse! icecream looks super delicious and fun! And I hear you on the studs and bling, you need to feel totally comfortable and ready to go for it. The beauty of PS is we get the bling from others. I have a preloved zircon and that's the only setting I'm going to do this year. And we placed our order for the dream eternity. I'm super thrilled but I'm stressed about sizing. I might be totally happy at a 6.75 or I might be safe but large at a 7. Body is changing so that is the challenge. I'm wearing the little omc this week. I wanted something small sweet and sparkly like @MamaBee was saying. And I'm enjoying small. Love and hugs to all!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina...jubilant delinquent...love it! And so true.
Congrats on your 130 filing! You are on your way...and one step closer to a puppy as well!

Marcy, you speak of male animals with minds of their own as if you have ever had to deal with that. :lol: I know Marty has never done anything that kept you guessing.
Sorry you had to eat those nasty berries without a pancake to make them palatable.

Kiné now has his passport, but I must take him to a photo booth for the required passport photo. I am trying to figure out how to take a really bad photo, as I believe it is a stern requirement of any passport photo to look dreadful.
And he got a rabies shot, after which the vêt explained he must wait 30 days to travel. I thought...yipee! I MUST stay in France for at least 30 more days!!!
Then I called Delta Airfrance ..... and all direct flights to my destination have been cancelled at least until March 2021. o_O It was then that reality hit. There is no way I am flyng into red zone Atlanta, not to mention the other complications of two flights. I asked the customer service rep if Delta would mind making an exception just for us and fly us home non-stop.:lol:
He said with good humor...sorry that’s not possible...and then told me not to travel at all. You know there is a problem when an airline functioning at 50% capacity tells a customer not to buy a ticket.

Bling dream, thank for bringing the conversation around to bling. I love that you love small sweet and sparkly. Me too. It would be nice to see more bling photos. Hint hint.

Missy, please keep those beach’nicecream photos coming. It looks beautiful there, so lovely for you <3 so glad you and Greg are living the good life, as you well deserve. I share your concern about your parents and hope they behave. But it is frustrating to sit on the sidelines watching them be fearless. I could never get mine to behave so you are in good company.

Happy whatever day it is, dear NIRDIs XX

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday lovely ladies!

It's another beautiful day here and while rain is expected for tomorrow and it looks as if it will be quite the stormy day today will be a day we get out and enjoy.

And no fear @Jimmianne I will keep the ice cream coming and sharing here for as long as I can. So glad Kine is passport ready but oh no to everything being canceled through March 2021. If there is a way you will find it I know. Hugs and love.

Missy you made my whole day! That is so sweet you are enjoying my bling and its yours too anytime of coarse! icecream looks super delicious and fun! And I hear you on the studs and bling, you need to feel totally comfortable and ready to go for it. The beauty of PS is we get the bling from others. I have a preloved zircon and that's the only setting I'm going to do this year. And we placed our order for the dream eternity. I'm super thrilled but I'm stressed about sizing. I might be totally happy at a 6.75 or I might be safe but large at a 7. Body is changing so that is the challenge. I'm wearing the little omc this week. I wanted something small sweet and sparkly like @MamaBee was saying. And I'm enjoying small. Love and hugs to all!

Oh my gosh have I ever told you how I adore zircon? I love love love blue zircon so much. Cannot wait to see how you set it. And woohoo dream eternity band yassss. As for sizing I suggest going to a 7 and if necessary wearing those coil sizers. They are super comfy and you can get a zillion of them on Amazon for under $5 usually. I hear you re body and finger size changing. Same. I love omcs. Sweet and sparkly always works. Hugs and love and enjoy a wonderful day. XOXO.

@marcy glad work went well and you got lifting accomplished too. Yesterday was my weight day and I am enjoying it. Of course I do nothing like you do and cannot even begin to think of lifting so much weight but I am pleased with how I am doing so far. My genetic makeup was not intended for weights LOL. But I am working it and doing what I can and am satisfied. But as always I am quite impressed with your prowess. !!! Haha let us know when Marty realizes those numbers aren't quite real. LOL. And yasssss to ice cream. We can enjoy it together. I love that. I agree pancakes are needed with those strawberries of course. And some Vanilla ice cream and maple syrup too. Oooh I can just taste it now. We had a Lucy and Ethel moment yesterday at the ice cream shoppe. More on that below. Oy to the vey. XOXO

@Austina that is wonderful and exciting news and we are keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you. Hugs and yes we are looking forward to the day you come here for good and live near Adam and Kim and hopefully take a few trips to NYC/Jersey shore to visit your friends Missy and Greg. :lol: Just saying....

I am sorry you had a lousy night's sleep. Yes, steroids can do that so hopefully it will soon be out of your system and not interfering with your sweet dreams if that is what it is. Otherwise it could be all you have on your mind. Tonight you will sleep well. I feel it. Hugs.

@Slick1 how is it going? Thinking of you and sending bucketloads of smooth sailing dust for school. Hugs and love.

@Bayek thinking of you and hoping building is going well and your shoulder is healing well and life is treating you and your family sweetly. Love you girlie.

@MamaBee how is everyone by you? How's the bling odyssey going? I am with you on ORTRTA. In theory. Haha. Hugs and love and hope all is going well.

Hi to everyone else. We had a great ride yesterday. When we got to Jimmy's place, as I predicted, no ice cream had been scooped and waiting for us in his freezer. He is away and I did not want to remind him and bother him while he was on vacation. Uh oh. Greg thought he would remember and tell the staff but as usual I was right. :lol: Greg was determined to get ice cream though. I didn't want a full pint (that was all that was in the freezers) so Greg was like I will scoop it from the multi gallon containers behind the counter. I was like noooooo. But Greg was like it's no problem. OMG he was determined to get ice cream. Thankfully within a few minutes as we were discussing and deciding what flavors to scoop N came in and said I am here to scoop your ice cream. Whew. Relief. She doesn't come in util 2PM but she got there at noon just for us. Not realizing that our ice cream wouldn't have been ready we got there at 11:45 so we had 15 minutes of Lucy and Ethel til she arrived. Hahaha I guess you had to be there but it was funny.

If you read all that here is your reward. :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 6.40.32 AM.png

All PB swirl (vegan) for Greg and 2 scoops vegan vanilla and one scoop PB swirl for me. I am not supposed to have peanuts so I only took one scoop of PB swirl despite it being my favorite. They are out of strawberry which I LOVE. Fortunately I love them all.:lickout:

We hit 5100 miles yesterday but as the weather changes I know we will have to cycle less miles. First of all the public restrooms start closing here as September progresses into October. Without restrooms I can only cycle so far. And the cooler temps and wetter climate makes riding ore challenging. So only time will tell how much we can cycle through Autumn and even winter and I hope we continue to enjoy some cycling despite the challenges. Not to mention ice cream eating outside becomes challenging too. Last year we ate inside the shoppe as the temps turned cooler but I don't see that happening with Covid. Nope. So we shall see. LOL Sorry this whole post has been about ice cream but @Jimmianne I aim to please!

Love you girls. Hugs and have a great Thursday. Leaving you with a little prize I won on IG. It arrived yesterday and I love it.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 6.46.19 AM.png

I heart all of my friends here. ❤️ XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and the haze from the California (and Oregon and Washington state) fires have reached here. The overcast hazy sky is evident. Thinking of all those affected on the West Coast and sending bucketloads of good wishes for the fires to be put out and for all to be safe.

As we were cycling down the shore in Manasquan yesterday you can see some of that haze. It was a bit eery and very quiet there.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 6.47.40 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s raining. Normally we’d keep cycling through it but because of my eczema we’re waiting it out. Getting my eczema wet is bad. Not bad though waiting it out on the boardwalk. So pretty here ❤️

775F870F-1101-4384-98C0-829843222196.jpeg

Hope y’all enjoying a wonderful day. XO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

How ungrateful that there isn’t a gift card on your desk every week @marcy, wouldn’t that be great? We haven’t actually used our BBQ for a couple of years, and despite being covered, it’d got rather yucky, so was ready for the tip. Besides we’re going to need a significantly larger one when we get to Texas, likely be grilling half a cow at a time :lol: I admire your dedication in continuing to lift, we’re doing our own version of the 5:2, eating light 2 days a week as I can’t exercise at the moment. The gym we started going to keeps emailing me about going back, but no way, not it’s all those young men huffing and puffing and shedding everywhere.

Wow, that is serious if you can’t travel until March @Jimmianne, I think BA are reinstating the Austin flight soon, but we can’t travel anyway because of the FCO advisory, borders being closed to us, and if we did travel, our insurance would be invalid.

If it’s a full eternity @bling_dream19 I’d got up the quarter size, because as Missy says, you can always use the coil things, but if it’s too small, it may not be resizeable. Exciting to be getting your dream ring.

I hope everything is well with you @MamaBee and you’re all safe and well.

How’s the PT going @Bayek, is your shoulder starting to feel better? I hope everything is progressing well and you’re still on target for the move in date.

It’s frightening that the smoke has traveled so far @missy. Phooey to the rain, I hope you didn’t have to wait too long before continuing your ride. It’s looking really quiet there now compared to the crowded scenes of a few weeks ago. That’s great your prize arrived, it’s really pretty.

Another lovely day here, we went out for a walk earlier, somewhere relatively flat where we used to take Dottie, can you believe next week it’ll be a year :cry:?

I’ve got my first physio session tomorrow, then Colin’s going to get his ears vacuumed again. :lol:

How can it be Friday again tomorrow?

Big love & hugs to all :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey girlfriends! Things are crazy here...I think I managed to read what’s going on with you all! Well..maybe not but I did read a lot!
@bling_dream19 I love all your new beautiful bling! I love your new ACA studs..They look so pretty on your ears...I also LOVE LOVE LOVE your lavender spinel. You find the nicest things. If you ever see am 8mm with a less than 5.08mm depth please let me know! I’m trying to replace the topaz I have in my old ering setting but because it’s so low profile I have to get a shallow gem. It’s been a challenge to find it.. Your sweet OMC is so pretty! I have a little carre cut ring you inspired me to wear.
@canuk-gal I laughed when you posted about how the car dealer guy wrote on your service order to remove the deceased fly carcass from your gauge. That was pretty gross. Hahaha That’s great you’re cycling around having a great time!
@missy I loved seeing the photos of Greg with his comedic faces at the ice cream store. Will the cooler weather help with your eczema? Did you say that Jimmy is a grandfather? He doesn‘t look old enough..That’s amazing that he gave you a key to get your own ice cream. I’ve been eating more ice cream because seeing those photos made me crave it..haha I love the pic of Gracie..She looks like an angel...hahaha I agree with you not attending your mom‘s Rosh Hashanah. It’s so hard to make those decisions. Unfortunately I have to make the same ones....:cry2:
@Jimmianne What are you having done to your back yard? Are you preparing it to sell? Your present house looks huge...I think it looks like something from a fairy tale. I hope you find the perfect house for you and naughty Kine..haha I know you were wrestling about when to go home...It looks like the decision was made for you after your phone call with the airline.
@Austina I hope your knee is feeling better now. I do know that cortisone shots can keep you up at night..It will be short lived though. I can’t believe Adam had to pay $400 for just a normal checkup with X-rays...Crazy!
@marcy Tell me about the Omaha Steak’s brisket! I’m craving brisket but I can’t get the meat. Was it good? I was looking at old posts and saw you had a princess cut ring. Do you still have it? It’s so pretty! You also posted a pic of studs that are gorgeous!
brb

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@bling_dream19 how exciting to getting your eternity band ordered. I can’t wait to see it.

@Jiimmianne I sure hope you can fly home before March! Yes, those guys in human or animal form do seem to have a mind of their own - go figure. Lucky for us we do too. LOL that your passport photo needs to be bad; mine is expired - I probably should get that renewed. Enjoy your beautiful garden for me.

@missy I am glad to hear you are enjoying your weight machine and hope it helps keep you healthy and strong. I keep waiting to hear from Marty about my numbers. I’ll keep putting in goofy numbers until I get a reaction. What fun is messing with Marty if he doesn’t notice? Strawberries on ice cream is very tasty. Yes, you and Greg had an Ethel / Lucy moment or Ricky / Lucy moment at the ice cream parlor. Glad it worked out okay. How cool you won a prize; you seem quite lucky at that. Yes, that pesky smoke is over most of the U.S. and Canada and even reaching to Austina’s neighborhood.

@Austina if there was a gift card on my desk it would be opened with caution. You’ll definitely be grilling once you move to Texas. Our gyms have been opened for awhile but I know they have restrictions in them; I understand why you’d rather not go now. I noticed my 90 minute shopping spree on Tuesday didn’t bother my knees at all so those leg muscles must have helped me out there. LOL I thought you said you had your first psychic session - I was going to ask you to get those winning lottery numbers for us. Good luck tomorrow.

@MamaBee oh no for things being crazy there. I’m with you; I am eating ice cream every day; I used to eat it once or twice a week. We are keeping up with Greg and Missy. We haven’t tried to pre cooked brisket yet but I will let you know what we think. I am going to see when my 2 sisters and their husbands can come in for dinner so we can try both options and see what we think. Thank you about my ring and earrings. I’ve had 2 PC rings; so wonder which one you saw. I had a wedding set with PC side diamonds and a 5 stone PC bypass RHR. I really liked that bypass ring but one of the 5 diamonds was obviously yellow so I traded it in for another ring. I wear my studs a lot.

Work was slow this morning and crazy busy this afternoon. Marty brewed up tacos for us for lunch. I am heating up 2 pieces of pizza for supper then will top it off with 2 cookies and a mini B&J Cherry Garcia.

I did make myself a strawberry, whip cream pancake for breakfast. That made those strawberries taste way better.

Take care.
Marcy

IMG_0665.JPG

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hi Marcy girl! no,Mike was watching on our family room TV and I was in my bedroom getting ready for work and he called me out to watch.. sorry it sounded that way.. That pancake looks divine.. yum and yum to Tacos too.. Tomorrow is Friday! hope you have a great day girl. xoxoxo

@missy Wouldn't that be fun! Autumn and us NIRDIs !!! can't wait. The world is such a better place with Missy in it.. how kind and thoughtful and YOU to donate rather than buy for yourself.. another reason why I love you and all of us here, the kindest, and most generous people I've ever met... really Missy, what a wonderful thing you did.

I think your sister is right, on and off, it is a sad thing for your kids today... they don't get sick from the virus mostly, but they are carriers and could make me very sick say... but they do need emotional, moral, spiritual, intellectual, growth and love to be well rounded, they need peer interaction, I hope the girls are doing nicely Missy, this will affect this generation very much I think.. Thanks for the update sweetie I appreciate it. Also, I support your decision to stay home for Rosh Hashanah, we have to do what we must for ourselves and with the health concerns you have, Greg has had surgery this year etc, I would stay home also..your parents are older and don't worry as much about 'future' as you do.. unfortunately one of the girls could be symptom less and who knows, there's tons of time, one thing about our mother's Missy they could always find something to get annoyed at with us.. after all that is what a mother does.. she'll be fine..

Love the selfie of you in the mirror of your bike! so cool.. love the ice cream always ! love love love it..

How was your weather today? I talked with Chris yesterday and he said it was getting a bit cool in the city and he loves it!

Miss you Missy! but you look beautiful! and I'm so happy to see your cycling number.. you guys are phenom! love you sweetie.. xoxoxoxoxoxo (got a new pix of Auti from Mike today, i'll post it below) hi to your sweeties and your sweetheart.. love them! xoxoxoxo

@Slick1 what a gorgeous ring.. I love that style.. it will be beautiful ....I know the feeling of missing little Chase, what a cutie, I remember the first time I noticed you wrote about him and you said he was apricot! I thought now this must be something.. he was so beautiful.. I truly believe our loved animals will meet us.. because they are so innocent, I am sorry and please know we are all here to read and listen any stories you want to share... xoxo

@Jimmianne can't wait for you to visit! I read about your crappy friend in the other thread, what a loser, and what a WONDERFUL friend you are Jimmi, your heart is full of care and brilliance and art and kindness and humor, we are a better group with you here.. xoxoxo

@Austina can't wait till you get here!!!!!! and have a great trip.. hope you are feeling okay.. hugs to Colin and you too.. xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 I too can't wait to see your new ring.. yoou have such great taste in jewelry...

@MamaBee Hey lady, how's things going.. I know it's sometimes hard to keep up... we have just been so busy lately with this, that and the other things (my mother ALWAYS said that btw, Another pearl of wisdom from my late, great Irish mother)...I try to log on in the evening.. our weather has been decent - high 80s and we are outside more trying to enjoy it.. hope all the sons, grandson's and husband are good and you too lady! xoxoxo

So I try to keep up and will be more up to date i'm sure once I get into the house things will slow way down.. and will be home more. Salley is really getting old, all the fur around her eyes is white and she looks like a skunk... she's such a sweetheart.. makes me sad.. but she seems fine just a bit older. sending you hugs and love! xoxoxo

@junebug17 hola June! xoxoxo

So I have newer pix of what is going on at the house. hope you like them but first a pix of Auti today with Mike at the grocery store.

1600391228514.png

Mike said to me this "Mom, I'm so proud of her" I teared up, to hear my baby sat that about his baby.. so happy for him.

on to some house pix.

That's our builder - James, good guy, the lights have come down more and we were discussing how low etc.

1600390639722.png

Think this one has to be lowered too! ha!

1600390734962.png

MB fan

1600390822077.png

Gas fireplace all stoned up!

1600390883319.png

John talking to the builder about lowering this fan a bit.

1600390938001.png

the chandelier, needs bulbs

1600390987665.png

they actually started stoning the front of the house, didn't get very far but it's a start!

1600391058102.png

night all!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy FriYAY! Just a quick post for now as we are leaving to cycle. The rain stopped and while it is super windy we are excited to go cycling so we shall.

@Bayek awww Auti is just the most precious child. Adorable, sweet and smart and she is a chip off the Kate the Great block! Love you and I am the lucky one. XOXO. From me and Greg big (((hugs))).

How's your weather? We are cool and windy today. A bit wet yesterday but we got in our miles and had ice cream too. One day you will join us for ice cream, pizza, you name it! Whatever you want. And yes bring Auti and Katie too and anyone else you want to bring.

@bling_dream19 I adore your bling collection. You have amazing taste and so much fun. Just like you. Hope you are looking forward to a very happy weekend. And hope you are enjoying a wonderful FriYAY. XOXO.

@marcy yummmmmmmmmm. OMG now I want strawberries and pancakes. LOL. And I am glad you are keeping up with us re the ice cream. Yasssss. Did Marty realize yet re your numbers? :lol: (((Hugs))) and hope your friYAY is more yay than anything.

@Slick1 I love love love your new ring. Beautiful. Hope work calms down and that you are going to have a wonderful and amazing weekend and you deserve it. XOXO.
I am so sorry you are missing Chase. (((HUGS))).

@Austina good luck re your physio today! And good luck to Colin re his ear vacuuming. Hugs and have a wonderful FriYAY!!!

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well with you.

OK off cycling. Leaving you with pics from yesterday. Hope you enjoy them. XOXO.

N remembered our ice cream and left us a huge serving.

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.29.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.28.54 AM.png

And a super thoughtful note too. And in the meantime Jimmy texted us yesterday apologizing that he forgot to leave us our ice cream and to just take anything from the freezer but I texted him back that we saw N the day before and she made us our ice cream for yesterday too. So everyone is looking out for us. SO sweet! I want to get them special gift but I don't know what. I am going to think more about it later. They deserve something really nice. All of them.
Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.28.44 AM.png

Have a wonderful FriYAY girls and hugs.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good, Bayek. :love:

I finally bought a chaise lounge to chill in the garden, and made plans for a getaway to the coast next week. Probably why we are supposed to have two weeks of rain now :lol: but the garden is happy, so I’m happy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies! It's another windy cool day but hearing and smelling the sea is invigorating plus I am going to wear warm cycling clothes..you betcha. Happy Caturday Saturday to you lovely ladies!

@Slick1 Greg and I both were so relieved. Sending you so many hugs and I hope you can enjoy a wonderful weekend now. XOXO.

@Bayek hope you have a wonderful weekend and big hugs and much love. Please let us know how your shoulder is coming along and how the house building is going. (((HUGS)))

@marcy all I can say is WOWZA. That was pretty amazing to wake up to on IG. SWOON!!!! Happy Caturday Saturday and hope work does not interrupt any portion of your day at all. XOXO.

@MamaBee yes Jimmy is a grandpa. I think he is younger than me (or around my age) but at least he is younger than Greg. He is an excellent grandpa indeed and he takes her to school much of the week too. Long story but suffice to say his granddaughter is well loved. How is your family? Hope all is well. Hugs.

@AV_ I am thinking of you and sending bucketloads of good wishes and hoping all is well. XO.

@Keeliamira how are you doing? How is your family? Hugs. Hope all is going smoothly.

@bling_dream19 happy Caturday Saturday girlfriend. Hope you have a great weekend to look forward to and enjoy every minute. Hugs and more hugs.

@Austina hope you had a good day yesterday and that the appointments went well. XO.

How nice you will be able to get to the coast @Jimmianne and I hope you find it as rejuvenating and amazing as we do. Hope you don't get 2 weeks of rain. Fingers crossed. XO.

Hi to everyone else. We had a great albeit windy cycling day yesterday and looking forward to a similar day today. Jimmy got back from his vacation and we got to chat with him for a while. All is well and we are enjoying the end of summer which is feeling like autumn with the cool windy temps. It was 59 degrees in the bedroom overnight. Brrrrrr. Cause I like sleeping with the terrace doors open. Warming up with some delicious hot coffee. Leaving you with a few pics from yesterday. Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday all. HUGS.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 6.18.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 6.17.03 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hola! greetings etc.

@Austina is physio the same as physical therapy here? I think it is and I always enjoy therapy, my sessions are coming to an end, funny my shoulder is much more painful since I started using my arm again! ha.. oh well. It's cooler here Austina, I thought I read that Britain is having an upswing of Covid but I am not 100% sure of that.. Texas is still growing their cases, I'll fill you in on what happened yesterday in our life here below.. be sure though that the hospitals here are full of covid cases. I hope your physio is going very well, I hope your weather is turning cooler! Christopher said the city is getting cooler and England and NY are similar in latitude so I figure you are getting cooler too. A year has gone by for missing Dottie, it's weird, Salley is really starting to fail, around her eyes she has total white hair and she looks like a reverse raccoon, her gait is slow after a fas take off, her skin is dry, we give her special food now because kibbles are not her choice anymore... yes she is spoiled but I do think they are hard to chew also..se was a rescue we adopted 5 years ago and at the time they said she was between 6 and 10 years old, so it's closer to the 6 for sure, but this old gal, she is the best dog.. I love her. it's hard.. sending you buckets of love Austina.. xoxoxo

@missy you and Greg, it's the aura, it's the light, it's the KINDNESS you two emit.. makes EVERYONE love you guys and respect you both and care, I'm not surprised that you have a key to get your own ice cream, you are loyal, and you are an empath, me tooo really... people get that about you two and they flock to you.. remember that. you both look marvelous.. Chris told me the weather is turning cooler and since he runs he's happy about that.. Kate is out and about more, she over to Manhattan for something and she put up some pix of the naked cowboy, and some big buildings, it's good to know she is getting out.. We bought Chris a breadmaker! so he's a breadmaker! he has made at least 4 loves now and Thursday he made whole wheat! he loves the breadmaker - first he's cheaper than John which is saying something j/k sorta, and it's cheaper to make your own bread and it is more tasty so it's a win win since he doesn't go out and buy bread now.. altho he said he wished he could go back into the office but the bank has said maybe mid 2021.. Dan is back in the city as all 3 girls have spotty internet up in the Catskills and they need to have internet for St. Ann's. Evan is huge, I've only seen him once so sad about it.. but my brother in law sends me pix and I send him Auti pix.. love my brother in law, he's a good egg as we used to say!...

I hope your eczema is not too bad.. getting it wet isn't a good idea I am sure.. John has it on his elbows and he now uses a cream that seems to keep it at bay..

How's the furkids? I think of you every day Missy, true dat! and worry about how you are doing..HAPPY ROSH HASHANAH! this world we live in is all askew but it's the new year and I believe in the goodness of man, hard to believe I believe in that thought, but I really do.

1600516873367.png

you are special, and I wish you the bestest happiest Jewish New Year Missy and Greg and kids.. being Jewish is important in this world, the traditions and love and acceptance of Jews is well known and I send you all the happiest of thoughts sweetie I truly uuly do.

@Jimmianne hola girl, I thank you for your compliments and I am so glad you can get a way, rain or no rain, being near water is always wonderful to me.. Miss you Jimmi, I hope your fam is well and happy.. xoxoxo and a kate hug.

@Slick1 hey I so hope all goes well teaching Slick.. these are such crazy times.. sending a kate hug to you.... xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 I'm with Missy girl, your jewelry is gorgeous and I have a small eternity ring I bought from ID earlier this year, I think it's 3/4 of a carat and I love this ring, it goes great with EVER.. i'm sorta done with diamonds in a way.. getting a little more interested in colored stones, but the HOUSE takes all my money for now.. have a great weekend! xoxoxo

@Niffler75 Hey hope all is well with you and your lovely family! xoxo

@AV_ missing you a bit, hope all is well... I miss you of course and miss your pix! xoxox take care.

@marcy hey, send me a cookie my fav is CC..I made butter bars and they are too sweet and I dumped them.. don't know what the heck I was thinking!

@MamaBee how's the family? I have always found that fall is he busiest of times for me, food! but girl once that dang house is done I'm going to lose at least the covid weight.. sheesh.. the tonnage here on me is getting redic... I hope all your boys and DIL are doing well and the grands are happy! miss you girl.. xoxoxo

@Scandinavian hey Scandi.. what is going on in your neck of woods? Hope your mom and grandmom are well, hope the kids and furkids and your husband are all thriving Scandi.. sending a huge Kate hug to you across the hottern hell Texas dry land to your in the beautiful islands and cooler temps! of your country... xoxoxo

So my news, So yesterday I am face timing with Chris (actually I was using the app Duo since we are android users) and Michael buzzes in but I don't pick up as I am talking to Chris, then Mike calls John's phone and John won't pick up because he's feeding Salley, then he calls back my phone and I knew then something was wrong, and I had to hang up and Chris and answer, well, Cara had appendicitis, he had been in the hospital with her all day (this is 4 my time) and they were waiting for a surgeon to come and operate on her, she had an MRI etc.. she was in mucho pain so they gave her a morphine shot Mike said... So he needed us to pick up Auti, hubster grumpster about it, COVID! Grandma is upset and worried about Cara, Mike, grumpster and Autumn! so we have to go over to the hospital and get Mike's baby seat because ours is too small for her, and get over to the daycare by 6 to get Auti, through it all we got there at 5:40 pm... and then you have to give your license etc to ensure you CAN pick up a child from the daycare, I am on the list.. so Auti comes tooling out and sees John and I and didn't cry but she gave us a stink eye, really she's seen us 3x since March - yes I facetime her but it's not the same.. so she warms up. we have no diapers, clothes etc.. no baby food, one effing banana.. I was making pizza for dinner and she loves pizza! so we get back here and Mike called and said that it turns out that Cara had a burst appendix since probably Wed and that the surgeon had to cut through her large and small intestine to get to the appendix and she will be in the hospital for 3 days.. ensuring no infection.. I am on the phone with Cara's mom, mike etc.. Chris.. it was crazy.. so i'm tired but wanted to say hola to everyone and send you all love!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Bayek OMG I’m so sorry about Cara! How is she this morning?! I laughed when you said Auti gave you the stink eye. I get that from Jackson over FaceTime now. I would have been scared to pick her up but I would have also done it. I hope Cara recuperates quickly. TG they were able to take care of it. She’s very lucky because that’s bad news when it bursts. I hope she heals quickly without any further problems..XO

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Shana Tova to you and your family! I hope you get some sweet ice cream today!
It’s a beautiful day to be cycling! I love the cool weather! I had the heat off last night. We woke up to the house temp of 64! I was so comfortable snuggled in my my bed until I realized my mom would be frozen solid. I jumped up and out the heat up to 70. I love to walk Bailey early morning when it’s cool outside. It wakes me up and makes me more energetic!
@marcy That pancake breakfast looks yummy! I have some bisquick. I should make up some pancakes. You guys are my downfall with all the delicious food pics!
@Austina I can’t believe it’s been a year since Dottie passed. I know the pain is still raw. I’m very worried about Bailey. He will be twelve November 11. He has lumps all over his body which the vet aspirates. So far they’re benign but she said she can’t test all of them. Last night he came and leaned up against me putting his head in between my knees for me to give him a scratch. That usually means something is bothering him. I’m going to make another appointment with the vet to give him a checkup. I don’t want to miss the signs and he suffers like Gordie did. Dogs are stoic. It’s heartbreaking.
@Bayek I loved the photo with Auti wearing her mask. Her eyes are beautiful. His old is she now? That’s great that Chris is enjoying his bread machine. I think I still have my old bread machine but I never use it. I’m making pizza today by hand. I bought a kitchen aid mixer but I haven’t used it yet. How’s Cara? Her mother must be beside herself.
@Niffler75 How are you doing? Have you had contact with your son’s teacher? I still have contact with different agencies including the court. We are his guardians so we have to report to the court even though we are his parents..The paperwork is horrible. Your son is still little and it may be different where you live. I hope it’s a smoother process there.
@Slick1 How are you enjoying your blingy band?
Girls..I have a dilemma...I think I want to sell my antique asscher ring. I never insured it so I don’t know if I should do that before selling. It sparkles like crazy and is more gorgeous in person than in a pic or video..but I just don’t wear it. It’s actually too large for me..I know I’m going to get bumped off PS for that statement! Haha I would use the money towards an upgrade with Whiteflash. I keep wrestling with selling it because it’s a sparkle bomb..I think I’m a one ring girl. I’m even thinking of selling Libby and making the same setting for when I upgrade Summer. I could keep Libby but reset her into something else... I’m getting a headache trying to make a decision. I have too many diamonds rings..haha I must be certifiably crazy.....Does anyone have any thoughts? Sigh..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow, wouldn’t that be great @marcy, if I were psychic I’d definitely share the winning lotto numbers, then we could have a bling fest and get whatever we wanted. Woohoo to winning the IG comp, what a great prize.

Oh my gosh @Bayek, poor Cara, I hope she’s doing ok now. My great Uncle walked around for 3 days with a burst appendix, and they just caught him before he got sepsis. Amazing what pizza can do to win round a munchkin! The house is looking great and hopefully you’ll be in without any delay. Oy, sorry to hear your shoulder is aching more, maybe that means that it’s healing up? Poor Salley, I really hate it when they show obvious signs of aging. Give your sweet girl a big kiss from me. Sending lots of good wishes to you and yours xxx

Hi @MamaBee hope you’re all keeping safe and well and that Chris is getting stronger and feeling more ‘normal’. How’s David doing, is he coping with the situation? It’s such a worry when they get old, Dottie had quite a few lumps, but the vet aspirated them and said they were just fatty lumps and benign. Yes, it’s quite unbelievable that it’ll be a year next Friday since Dottie died. Part of me thinks thank goodness she didn’t get ill during the worst of the lockdown, because I don’t know what we’d have done, and there’s no way I could’ve taken her and left her on her own.

Great to have something to look forward to @Jimmianne, are your DS and son in law going with you?

I’m :lol: at you describing 59degs as cold @missy. Glad you got out to cycle yesterday even if it was cooler, but not too cold for ice cream:mrgreen: Hope you’ve managed to enjoy a good ride today, and Shana Tova. Let’s hope the ‘new’ year is a hellava lot better than this one!

Yes @Bayek, physio is what you call PT (PT to us is a personal trainer). The Consultant had personally recommended her. She was very nice and had a feel of my knee and said the inner muscle is very weak and not supporting my knee cap which is turning to the right, so has shown me exercises to strength that up so everything goes back in to place. I have to ice my knee for 10 minutes everyday and do my strengthening exercising x 2 daily. I’m seeing her again next Friday. She did say not to walk too much, but that’s not going to happen as we’re away from Monday to Thursday next week.

Yes new Covid infections are on the rise, primarily because of the young going out to pubs and clubs, shouting to hear over the noise, not distancing and not wearing masks :wall: They’re going home and spreading to their parents and grandparents, so now they’re also getting infections. So far though, there haven’t been any reports of mass hospitalisation. I asked the physio if she’d heard anything and she said she’s seen a consultant interviewed yesterday morning on the BBC who’d tried to get him to say that hospitals were getting overwhelmed. He said it wasn’t the case, so perhaps the young people are not really getting ill. Of course, we’ve got a lot of testing going on, so that could also account for the increasing numbers. I think I read that you’ll still test positive for quite a while after having it, so who knows? Renewed local lockdowns have been put in place, but as a country, we can’t afford to have a national lockdown, and there are still lots of areas, like ours, where new infections aren’t a problem.

Been busy getting ready to go away, been cleaning and getting the bedding laundered, this is only the second time I’ve had my iron out for quite a while, I thought I’d better start ironing the bedding again :lol: I also ironed the new curtains I’ve got for the hall in readiness for when Richard comes next month. I want him to put up a new curtain pole and blind. I’m taking some of my curtains and replacing them with less expensive ones, and also the poles which were hugely expensive.

OK, more bedding to iron, so I better get on with it.

Have a lovely weekend :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@Bayek sorry for Cara and surgery. I hope she recovers quickly and uneventfully. Nerve wracking for sure.
@missy happy milestone cycling! We cycled all through Banff on Friday. Rented some pedal assist bikes as they re needed in the mountains. I really enjoyed them!!! Not sure I want to get back on my old thing now. LOL
@Jimmianne I hope you avoid rain--never mind 2 weeks of it! I heard parts of Europe are receiving the smoke from the US/Canadian fires. I am tired of the murky skies and miss the sun. Looks apocalyptic.
@marcy hope work isn't too tiresome

Maybe I'll ride to the market. DH is tired as we were nonstop in Banff--hiking, cycling, walking, canoeing.....but had a great time and the weather (smoky) but otherwise lovely.

keep well folks, as I read Covid #'s is up up up and here as well. I am SO tired and burned out from it all (and hearing about it--just TOO much).

Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne I keep forgetting to ask you about your avatar. Is that you as a child? I’ve only seen a few pics of you but I feel like it has a resemblance to you. Did you do it? I know you paint, etc. I love it..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Bayek thanks for the clarification on 9/11; I didn’t think you lived in NYC then. I was at a car dealership getting my oil changed and was watching TV in the waiting room. I am sure we all remember where we were as that horrible day unfolded. I am so sorry to hear about Cara’s appendix bursting; very scary. I am sure Mike and her are glad to have you and John there to help with Auti. I hope Cara has a speedy recovery. Your house is really coming along and looks fabulous. Sorry your shoulder is so painful since you are using it again; I hope it gets better each and every day. That’s great Chris uses his bread maker so much; fresh bread sounds delicious. CC cookies are my favorites too; no point eating cookies if they aren’t very good. Sorry Salley is not as spry as before; big hugs to her.

@missy Marty has not noticed my numbers yet so tomorrow I’ll make them crazy. What a deal on getting your ice cream every day. I’m hoping to win a $500 gift card from them in their giveaway; I’d put it towards a new sapphire (because I need one you know). The only thing I’ve had to do for work so far is submit 2 time cards for employees who had to do a bit of work last night. Woo hoo!!! Darn that the weather is getting aa little chilly; glad you have warmer clothes to wear for cycling.

@Jimmianne yay for getting a chaise lounge and planning a trip to the beach. Have fun.

@MamaBee I’d be freezing if our house was 64; Marty is like you he likes it chilly. I hope Bailey is okay; hugs to him for me. Such a tough decision to decide if you want to sell some of your diamonds; if you aren’t wearing your antique asscher it’s a good idea to sell it and have money to put towards an upgrade with Whiteflash. I have finally reached a point if I know I won’t wear something I’d rather sell it or trade it and get something I will wear.

@Austina yes it would be great to win the lotto for us. I haven’t won that contest yet but I’m entered now anyway. I hope the strength exercises fix your knee right up. I swear lifting has done some good for my knees. I bet nicely ironed sheets are quite comfy to sleep on. You obviously have way more ironing skills than I do; as a kid my mom would usually re-iron my clothes or I’d wear them wrinkled; thank goodness non wrinkled clothes came along. I ironed Marty’s military shirts once and strange he never asked me to do them again.

@canuk-gal your ride through Banff sounds fun. I agree the sky and sun look bad. A few new fires started west of us this week.

So far it’s been a great weekend; work required minimal attention so far. Woo hoo!!!! We watched golf today. Marty grilled some sirloin and corn on the cob and we had the last 2 chocolate soufflé from Omaha Steaks and had some cherry chocolate ice cream with it. We are watching the original Terminator. The thrill-o-meter is not registering much action.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

@Bayek, I'm sorry about Cara - wishing her a quick recovery and I hope she's home soon. The house is coming along great and I love the bathroom and stone fireplace. Hoping your shoulder starts feeling better soon, hopefully it's just the extra movement. Love the pic of Auti, so cute, and Mike sounds like a great dad.

@bling_dream19, love all your new sparklies! They are all really beautiful and I hope they're brightening your days. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

@Austina, was glad to see you don't need surgery and I hope your knee is feeling much better by now. Congratulations on the paperwork being filed, things are getting real! So nice you are getting away for a few days, I'm sure you'll enjoy the change of scenery. I know you still feel Dottie's loss very much and I'm sorry.

Shana Tovah @missy, glad the weather is cooperating and you and Greg are able to get some cycling in. The Jersey shore looks really pretty this time of year. Such sweet pics of the kitties. I understand not attending the celebration, I'd feel the same way but I'm sure everyone will be very careful around your parents.

@canuk-gal, glad you enjoyed your time away, sounds wonderful. I like the idea of power assisted bikes, especially for hilly areas.

Hi @MamaBee, sounds like you and the family are doing well and that's great. Tough call on the ring. It's really gorgeous, but if you never wear it maybe it would make sense to sell and put the funds towards something else. Selling an expensive piece is probably kind of stressful though. Maybe if you start wearing it more you'll warm up to it?

@Slick1, school is so challenging for teachers right now...sending you support as you navigate your way though. My dd is a teacher and her first week was very difficult so I do appreciate what you're going through. Stunning ring! The weather here hasn't been that bad actually, some rain and clouds but nothing severe at all.

@Jimmianne, when I got my passport pic a few years back I said to dh "there's no way I look like this" and went back for another one the next day lol. It was only marginally better. Sounds like the airline has made your traveling decision for you. The garden is really coming along, sounds like a fun and fulfilling project.

@marcy, sorry work is still crazy sometimes but I'm glad your weekend is peaceful so far. Dh and I have been watching golf too. Your dinner sounds delicious and watching a movie is the perfect way to spend an evening.

dh and I are still in South Carolina and will probably stay through October. DS ended up not coming, he had second thoughts about doing such a long drive by himself and I was concerned about that too. Disappointing but we'll see him when we go back. DD is having a challenging start to the school year. She's teaching in-class and on-line at the same time so you can imagine the fun she's having. Also issues with covid, masks, safety, etc. Not much new here, will spend a quiet weekend watching golf and spending some time outside. The weather has been nice here.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Sunday! Happy last weekend of summer!

@Bayek I am so sorry about Cara! I am relieved they caught it in time and I hope she is A OK now and having a smooth and complete recovery. As I like to say Oy to the Vey and sending her and all of you bucketloads of healing dust and lots and lots of love. (((((HUGS))))) Love you Kate the Great. If there is anything I can do at all please do not hesitate to contact me. Anything at all! Greg and I are here for you any way we can be and I know it is very tough being away from some of your family and if there is ever anything we can do we are not that far away from your son and niece and we can be there fast. Please never hesitate. (((HUGS))).

@MamaBee thank you for the Rosh Hashanna well wishes. Hugs to you.

roshhashanna.jpg

@MamaBee Joanne, I don't know what to say about your antique asscher. I feel bad because I was the one who called your attention to it and if not for that you wouldn't even have this dilemma. Why don't you put all the rings you are thinking of selling onto PS preloved and loupe troop and see if anyone is interested? That could help you decide which to sell? Love you and hugs to you and lots of good wishes being sent your way.

@canuk-gal cycling through Banff sounds delightful and I am glad you had a very enjoyable time. I hear you re being tired of Covid and I am with you in wishing we were through with it. But one day at a time is all we can do. Hugs to you dear Sharon. XOXO.

@springerspaniel how is the end of your summer going? I cannot believe it is autumn here in a few days. Hope all is well and that you are enjoying the last weekend of summer.

@junebug17 Dear Junie, I am glad you and your DH are staying in SC through October. I think it is nicer there because there are less people there and I hope the weather cooperates. I am sorry your DS didn't get to visit but I agree with the reasoning. Better safe than driving all that way by himself. I hope your DD's school year becomes more manageable. I can only imagine how challenging and hectic things are at the moment. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. Stay well and sending you lots of (((hugs))).

@Slick1 how are you feeling today dear S? Thinking of you and continued healing dust and love being sent your way. Hope you are enjoying a good rest of the weekend. XO.

@marcy haha that Marty. I bet he did notice but he is waiting for you to escalate it. LOL what a jokester. You two suit each other perfectly. Love it. Glad work didn't bother you too much yesterday and hopefully today they won't bother you at all. OMG your chocolate soufflé with cherry ice cream sounds amazing. I want some please. LOL. Hugs and have a wonderful Sunday.

@Austina I am still trying to get used to the 50s so I need time to get tough with the weather haha. Yesterday it was 59 degrees most of the time we were cycling and the wind was brutal on the way back. NE wind the entire ride. But as the afternoon wore on and the sun came out in full force I got warm. Haha we went through 3 seasons in one day. Winter to start, Autumn in the middle and by the time we got home I had taken off all my layers and it was summer for me. :lol: Good for you ironing the bedding. I never have and never will. LOL I am lazy like that but I iron nothing anyway so. Glad PT went well. Hugs and enjoy a wonderful Sunday. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Shana Tova to anyone who celebrates and may this year coming be filled with sweetness and light and love and all good things. Speaking of sweetness...

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 7.05.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 7.05.37 AM.png

Happy last Sunday of summer girls. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday.

Off to vacuum (running late haha PS has a way of sucking me in and making the time fly) and work out but leaving you with a sweet photo to start everyone's morning off right.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 7.09.01 AM.png

Our ice cream yesterday was so good. And Jimmy is leaving us our Monday ice cream in his freezer in case we get there before he does today. He's a thoughtful guy and I can thank him for my gaining some weight. I think. LOL. Hey it is worth it. Homemade ice cream. Cannot beat that.

Hugs and have a wonderful and sweet and joyous Monday. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Enjoyed our lovely weather for a long ride to a favorite restaurant and sat outside. The fall colors are gorgeous!!!

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe.

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee Hi! hope you are well and your pizza was delicious, I love pizza.. I love food actually and IT loves my hips.. thighs.. etc.. Thank you for your words about Cara, very kind, she is still in the hospital today but will be coming home sometime tomorrow, Mike is having Cara's brother and SIL watch Auti tomorrow :((:(( but of course they deserve time with her too..! Her mom couldn't come right away because of the big storm in FL, they own like 8 houses there and they have flooding etc.. but she should be here by Thursday Michael said. Auti will be 18 months October 12th! sending hugs and love your way lady! xoxox

@Jimmianne ugh about the burst appendix Cara had, very bad case actually, all she is worried about is what it's going to cost :( we'll see what we can do to help, Mike has health insurance but not sure what it covers etc. neither does he but Cara does. How's things in France? probably better than here... can't wait till December! pumpkin pie, mincemeat pie, taters and of course gravy, with a bit of turkey! (we always have turkey both Thanksgiving and Christmas because my mom did) ! xoxoxo

@Austina Thank you Austina for your kind and encouraging words, Cara is coming home tomorrow sometime but Mike mentioned that he may want John and I to watch Auti one day a week for a while, Cara will not be able to work for at least 3 weeks. HEY! we had all day rain today.. nice rain, really quite pleasurable, I had a looong p/t today, all new exercises, over 90 mins.. so we went up to the house, looked around and then went to our friend's house and had a few hours of inside outside talk (them inside us outside) funny about these friends, we've known them for at least 35 years, we lived in the same subdivision in Austin BUT we never hung out but on a rare occasion, their kids are younger than ours so we just never hooked up but we've grown closer like we did when we all worked for IBM in Poughkeepsie, NY, funny world I guess. Well let me tell you a story about John's knee. When John was 18 he was playing basketball with his 4 brothers and one of his brothers caused John to come down REALLY hard and he fell, so the tore the meniscus and had to have an operation, now this was 1968, while under the surgeon decided to take out all of John's cartilage in the knee, yup! and aside from times when it swells up and he can't walk a bit he's fine BECAUSE he has always done the exercises the therapist had him do.. true, I lost all cartilage in my hips and shoulder and I tried strengthening but after a while it didn't work, then 3 years of shots for hips and shoulder then replacement. So if the exercises work it will be great! take care and it's cooling down here! xoxoxo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon! hope you are well, shout out back to you... thank you for the kind words about Cara, she is getting better! hope your weather is holding up and you are enjoying the soon to be fall. I agree with you, wouldn't it be great if Covid were gone... sick sick of it too. xoxoxo xoxox

@marcy Hi Marcy, thank you so much, you're very kind.. Cara is on the mend, but will be out of work at least 3 weeks! poor kid and she actually didn't feel anything till it burst... strange indeed. I have lived in Bronx, but not in 40 years, 9/11 12/7 all infamous days for sure. Sounds like you had a great weekend! steak, cherry ice cream, souffle, I'm so there... have a great week! xoxoxo

@junebug17 hi June! so nice to see you.. Mike is a great Dad, I'm so proud of him... Auti really is a gentle soul, she laughs to herself in the crib, she has Bear Bear, Candy Bear, baby Bear, and she holds all 3 when we go for walks.. for me at this late age of almost 68, it's a dream come true and gives me much peace and happiness.. thanks again June for your kind words.. Cara is improving and coming home tomorrow! Sounds wonderful to be in SC at this time of year.. So sorry your DS couldn't make it, but one thing I have read is that millenials just are not that into driving the way we were.. and I am so proud of your daughter June for teaching online and in school (I know you are concerned, I would be too) it must be stressful for you and her.. Being a teacher is a real first responder in my book because today they are really stepping up to the front line.. such admiration.. good good kid June.. great mom and dad.. makes great kids! xoxoxo

@missy Oy and Vey! yes... Cara is recovering finally and will be coming home tomorrow, thank the stars.. she's been through the ringer.. AW Missy thank you so much for caring so much I am indeed lucky and I'm sure when you get back to Brooklyn and you need a young, 6ft tall almost 29 year old - Chris will be there, he's got a good soul.. Hope all is well Missy.. it was a truly hectic weekend here, we had Auti from Friday night to Sunday night.. she is a little peanut, a really sweet kid... pix attached.. Missy, yesterday Chris said he's thinking of taking his air conditioner out of the window, altho his studio apt was renovated there was no central A/C and he had to buy a unit, he said it was chilly - but he runs so he's enjoying it.. yum to your ice cream.. looks delicious as always.. I hope you all are feeling well Missy, hope the toe is good, hope Mom and Dad are fantastic, the girls are enjoying school and Greg - the wonderful Greg - is doing great! miss you Marvelous Missy and wish so much that the covid 19 era would be over. sending love. xoxo

Auti yesterday evening, she has a doggy headband of Salley's on!

1600736285078.png

yup that's me behind her!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Bayek ...oh mymymy Auti such a cutie patootie! That headband!!! Hope Cara continues to improve!!! Healing vibes across the miles!!! And for you and your new shoulder!!! Keep calm and healing on!!

@junebug17 stay safe and well in SC. Hope you see your family soon. I think we are all feeling a bit lonely in that regard.

@missy I don't think I'll EVER get over 50F temps....LOLOLOL good to get those last pedals in where we can.......

@Arcadian I know you don't post here but I want to say, keep dry and safe and "spray" on (fragrance!!)

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results