shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina Its much cooler here now, so much better.
@bling_dream19 Oh your poor earring! That's the kind of thing I would do! Looks like an easy fix.
@MamaBee So so glad Chris is feeling better!
@Jimmianne With kine's sweet face he could chew through all my shoes and probably not get told off! :D
@missy There is nothing better than comfy shoes! I really like sketchers too but wear Doc Martens slot as they give my floppy ankles support due to the Ehlers!
Looking forward to the weekend after my husbands first week back at work,which hands been relatively smooth.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne when we have our NIRDI meetup someday I will regale you with my hip replacement scars! I am a champion ;-)

My house is coming along Jimmi! you must come...

How's Kine, such a beauty!

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy my MARVELOUS Missy, your boots are lovely, and your sneaks are just like mine, or mine is like yours? ;-) mine are the gray one and I LOVE THEM. Greg's watch is gorgeous, I love watches and wish I could wear one....nickel allergy always get's me, now if I could get a solid gold watch! ha on that.

You and Greg are so adorable.. always makes me happy to see your pix... aren't we the luckiest of people Missy? we are.. friends, family and spouses and our furbabies, our kids and for @MamaBee and I our grands....

Dr appt yesterday was only with the NP, he's a nice guy, same age as Mike, so I start PT next Friday at 7:45 a.m.! John has to drive me.ha!.

how's mom and dad? hope everyone is well Miss Missy!

went up to the house today, nothing new, just good to go out.

I've told you about my closest friend Kathleen, well her daughter has pneumonia and SHINGLES! she is 33 and has a 3 year old girl and 4 yr old boy, also her daughter - Kara not Cara, so we have my Cara and her Kara, my DIL is Cara Lina and her daughter is Kara Lee! so Kara has a deformed kidney and has to have the kidney worked on or taken out they aren't sure yet, but it gives Kara Lee a lot of pain, she is in the midst of a divorce, it's a mess... So Kath can't go out there because of Covid, it's just damn sad..

All's good here, arm is sore and a bit painful but I am on the road to healing!

hope you have a great weekend!

ETA; studs look great Missy, I would love 2ctw diamond OEC studs, now that would be heaven.

love you!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina i've had the Shingles and the pneumonia, I had no reaction to either, but a Shingles shot is always scary, plus! I had shingles 10 years ago.

Heat has reached 102F Temp is 99F, but it's not that unusual for August here. We are due for a cold front this coming Tuesday, so says the KUTX radio station says!..

happy Saturday Austina, love to Colin!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 oooh so sorry about your beautiful earring, David will fix it! your new studs sound gorgeous, just gorgeous, you have impeccable taste, and I vicariously live through you and all the other NIRDIs and their jewelry! I'm off the jewelry train till this house is DONE!

Happy weekend sweetie! xo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing to add before I fall asleep… Kiné isn’t really destructive, his teeth are so tiny he can’t really do anything but gently pull the labels off of clothing one line of thread at a time.
But on the other hand, if you have mistakenly put pine mulch in your garden instead of on the living room floor, he’s very happy to bring the mulch in the house for you and decorated it with dead leaves and bug carcasses. He’s quite a collector, like his mother of course.
Goodnight NIRDIs. See you all on Caturday!

Too adorable! Pine mulch!!! So cute so no harm done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Pooped out! Busy busy work with no end in sight. OK no talking about work!!

@bling_dream19 your new earrings--such great stones! I oogled those!!!! Good on ya!
@junebug17 don't melt!
@missy love your new treads!
@marcy cool clouds!
@Bayek healing vibes to your shoulder! You need to get that golf swing just right!!
speaking of golf swings @Austina hope you are enjoying the revisit to the game.

I'm happy I got this far! Busy weekend. But good news is my family is on the mend.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee hope their is nothing "bugging" you (crawly type) and that your DS is getting his health vibe back!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies.

@missy my MARVELOUS Missy, your boots are lovely, and your sneaks are just like mine, or mine is like yours? ;-) mine are the gray one and I LOVE THEM. Greg's watch is gorgeous, I love watches and wish I could wear one....nickel allergy always get's me, now if I could get a solid gold watch! ha on that.

You and Greg are so adorable.. always makes me happy to see your pix... aren't we the luckiest of people Missy? we are.. friends, family and spouses and our furbabies, our kids and for @MamaBee and I our grands....

Dr appt yesterday was only with the NP, he's a nice guy, same age as Mike, so I start PT next Friday at 7:45 a.m.! John has to drive me.ha!.

how's mom and dad? hope everyone is well Miss Missy!

went up to the house today, nothing new, just good to go out.

I've told you about my closest friend Kathleen, well her daughter has pneumonia and SHINGLES! she is 33 and has a 3 year old girl and 4 yr old boy, also her daughter - Kara not Cara, so we have my Cara and her Kara, my DIL is Cara Lina and her daughter is Kara Lee! so Kara has a deformed kidney and has to have the kidney worked on or taken out they aren't sure yet, but it gives Kara Lee a lot of pain, she is in the midst of a divorce, it's a mess... So Kath can't go out there because of Covid, it's just damn sad..

All's good here, arm is sore and a bit painful but I am on the road to healing!

hope you have a great weekend!

ETA; studs look great Missy, I would love 2ctw diamond OEC studs, now that would be heaven.

love you!

I am so sorry about Kathleen's daughter :( How awful. Sending her bucketloads of healing vibes. Shingles and pneumonia. Ugh. Double whammy. Hope she gets better very soon.

And sending you so much healing dust and love and glad you are on the road to healing sweet great Kate! My parents are doing OK thanks for asking. Thanks for the stud compliments. Good luck with PT starting next Friday. 7:45 AM is a great time to do PT. Start the day out right. Glad John is driving you. (((HUGS))). Love you!

@canuk-gal I think you are getting your new wheels today. Good luck. Please share with us. Glad the family is well and happy Caturday Saturday. XOXO.

@Niffler75 glad your DH's workweek has been smooth and hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you are having a good weekend. Hugs.

@marcy hope yesterday went well and you are sleeping and having sweet dreams. XO.

@MamaBee hope Chris continues to improve.

@Jimmianne more pics of your furry baby pretty please. Even tho it is Caturday Saturday dogs are always welcome. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hugs to you and I hope you have a great weekend. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else and happy Caturday Saturday. XOXO.

Girls, I need your well wishes and good luck vibes for sweet Oliver. Somehow he sprained (please let it be just a sprain) his paw last night and he cannot put weight on it. I don't want to bring him to the vets here because they require a rabies shot and I know that vaccination can cause cancer later on as it happened to a couple of PSers cats I believe and it is in the literature IIRC. So we are in a conundrum and my sister is away on her first vacation since last year. We are praying he gets better without medical intervention. He sprained his paw last year when he was a kitten and we brought him in for XRays and he was OK. But this could be different. I am worried sick. Please send healing vibes and good wishes for our Oliver boy. This poor cat has been through so much. :(

Sharing our ice cream from yesterday. Have a good day girls. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 6.25.17 AM.png

And our sweet Oliver.

DDEAE43A-CA25-49F2-B1EC-01E3B10F2810.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy So sorry Oliver has a poorly paw! ::) Is it definitely a sprain or could it be a claw issue?
Oreo and Hershey send purrs and wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thanks @Niffler75.
Greg thinks it is a sprain but I don't know. I am worried sick because poor Oliver has gone through so much. More than I shared here even and I just don't know what's going to happen. :(

I asked Greg if he wanted to take him to see Debbie's boss today in Long Island but Greg wants to wait and see what happens. Debbie's boss leaves at noon today and it is a 3 hour trip so not gonna happen now. Plus we cannot get in touch with him and Debbie is still sleeping. Forgive my rambling. I am so concerned and the vets here all suck so we are in a not great situation. Covid makes everything much more challenging too. Just hoping so hard Oliver heals without intervention.

Hugs to Oreo and Hershey and you and your DS and DH too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I forgot Henry wanted to say good morning! He’s one of the two dog mascots (not really mascots- their dad brings them to work every day) at our cycling shop. We cycled there yesterday to get a white jersey for me and to say hey to the pups. They’re not pups but I’ve known them since they were little. Now they’re healthy big dogs. Sweet like sugar. ❤️

71DFC21B-04ED-4039-A37C-287289166E66.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy Phooey to the poorly paw. How did you treat it last year? Can he take pain meds?

We are excited about the new BMW. LOL We haven't had one since we were first married--a BMW was my DH first car when he got his first job after he graduated University.

We are going to help my oldest friend--whose TV is broken and my DH will try and see it needs replacing or a quick fix. Then off to happy hour! Busy day and the weather very fine! This weekend to hit 30C WOOHOO!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HEY !! picked my family room fan for the new house, now if it looks familiar! it is, it's the fan I had in the family room at my Maine house that the decorator picked in '18. 9 fans more to go

1597516179562.png

We have 6 can lights in this room and 2 outlets for end table lights so we aren't getting the light but had to buy an extended rod because the ceiling is 16 feet.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy goodness!!! I send Oliver loving, healing, caring dust and hugs and healing hugs for you and GREG! one thing when our kids get hurt we suffer with worry!!!

I don't think a furbaby that is a home baby should have to get rabies shots for any reason... keep an eye on him (which I Know you are doing anyway) and if need be, then you will have to have the shot if he's to be seen, but Missy, maybe he stepped on a pebble or something and it's just very sore.. here's a purr

tell him it is from old Aunt Kate and to rest.. AND YOU DON'T worry tooooo much Missy, please, he's almost still a kitten, and he's strong and loved.. ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy yes he's gone through a lot but SO HAVE you and Greg... I believe in good vibes but I also believe in love and he's loved and he will be fine.. you TAKE CARE OF MISSY.. love you girlie.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Which BMW did you guys get? I find BMWs reliable.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy we get a great view of the giant thunderstorms that build over the plains from here - I love watch clouds and weather. You should be getting your weight machine soon then. Nice. Thats good you have kettlebells and are doing what you can. Your new boots and shoes look great. Sweet that Greg got a new watch. Your BN studs look great and naturally you can always be on the lookout for OEC studs and or a tennis necklace. I hope Oliver is doing better.

@Jimmianne nice to have a new Skechers store in Paris. I do need to get myself a pair. Kine sounds like he has killer rabbit teeth; chewing on things but I hope he starts leaving bugs out of his collections.

@Austina Marty only lost 2 clients during the COVID close down. One was someone he didn’t thing was that interested or would stick with it and so didn’t come back. The other one was a friend of mine that lets just say I am surprised she stuck with it as long as she did. 2 of his clients are leaving for school but their dad is sticking with him. Glad it’s cooler there. I hope you enjoy dinner with friends.

@bling_dream19 on no for your earring. I know this isn’t a popular opinion on PS but I stopped using an US a long time ago because daily US use can be rough on a lot of jewelry styles. I certainly loosened several settings but after losing a side diamond I threw my 4th version of US out. I had the diamond in my tweezers then it went flying across the room and I never found it. I soak my jewelry in either jewelry cleaner, a bowl of sudsy Dawn water or diluted Windex with a little bit of Dawn added and they all work great. I have a baby toothbrush I can lightly scrub things with if necessary and also have a steamer to dig out if I think my diamonds are smudgy. Wow you have lots of goodies in the work. Sweet. I can’t wait to see them.

@MamaBee that’s great Chris is feeling better now.

@Niffler75 I hope you had a great weekend with you husband recovering from being back at work.

@Bayek you mentioned you can’t wear watches and that made me think of some copy watches Marty and he team bought when they were in Hong Kong. One guy got aa gorgeous looking “Rolax” that is what they named it any way and that watch turned his entire wrist green whenever he wore it. I hope PT is going well and you are feeling better and stronger everyday. I hate to hear what is going on with your friend’s daughter. Stay cool. I like that fan.

@canuk-gal that’s great your family is on the mend. Did you pick up your new BMW? Sweet.

I had a short night - they added double headers for today and we didn't get the schedule until after 10:30 last night. My on call lady keeps doing something and can't remote in to her PC at work so tag I was it and no one could check my work. I could have contacted someone else to check it but at this point I'd rather be fired if I made a big mistake than be jerk and wake someone up to see if they can check my work. I got up at 6:30 to run a report that i can compare what we have in the guide versus schedules and it was fine. Woo hoo!!! I smell another big change coming for tomorrow.

I've been busy. I made myself a real breakfast -potatoes, an egg, Canadian bacon and toast. Went to Marty's meet at 10 then he and I went out for Mexican food afterwards. I've been doing laundry, baked a cake and then we took my car to get washed and stopped for some Cold Stone ice cream.

Marty had a going away "Meet" for 2 of his high girl clients. They are so cute. 16 and 18 years old, they were adopted from China and they are the sweetest, kindest girls. Their mom and dad are awesome. The dad will keep lifting but the one girl is headed to college in Nebraska and the 16 year old is going to a school in Canada and they have training to play hockey which is what she wants to do. With COVID restrictions she and her dad have to quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks before she can go to school. They can't even leave their room. The dad got meet t-shirts made with "Mia's Meetathon" on them. The girls gave Marty a pair of socks with pictures of bacon on them. It was fun!!

Still pretty smoky here.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Writing from a very rainy locale today and the rain is forecast for the entire day. Wet and dreary. Oliver isn't back to normal yet and we are gong to see how he does today before deciding if we need to bring him to see Debbie's boss tomorrow. Poor baby. And thank you all for your good wishes for sweet Oliver. We are keeping him in his playpen and he is sad so I am sad. He wants to run and play and jump and he has now been a prisoner of the playpen since Friday night. :(

@marcy oh my goodness work has been so busy for you and I am sorry it is interrupting your weekend. They are lucky to have you on the job though and I know you will get it all straightened out for them. Your real breakfast sounded so delish. Glad you enjoyed Marty's meet and got to have Mexican food afterwards. Glad Marty's clients adore him and it doesn't surprise me at all. Sweet that the lovely girls gave him socks with pictures of bacon on them hahaha. Yes Covid makes everything harder and quarantining seems part of the new normal now. Good for the girls continuing to follow their dreams no matter what though and one day we will all be past this. Hopefully we will all be intact and fine and life will be sweeter once again. In the meantime we just take it one day, one hour, at a time. Hugs to you.

Hi @Slick1 what are your plans this wet day? I think we are getting more rain than you so hopefully your day will be mainly dry. Have a good Sunday and hugs. Hope you and J are having lots of fun together. XOXO.

@MamaBee I hope Chris is continuing to do well and feel better. Hugs.

Hugs to you @Bayek and continued healing dust and lots of love being sent your way. XOXO.

@canuk-gal I hope you love your new BMW and inquiring minds need to know...what color BMW did you get? Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope you and your sweet hubby are having a marvelous weekend. Hugs to you and more hugs.

@Scandinavian hope the family is well and all is calm. XOXO.

@Niffler75 hope your cool lovely weather is continuing and hugs.

@Austina how are you feeling? Sending you hugs and lots of good wishes as always. XOXO.

We enjoyed some yummy ice-cream yesterday and also some fun cycling. 60 miles worth which better hold us as there will be no cycling at least for today. My stupid Schamberg disease is flaring and I have new outbreaks on my thighs and calves but whatcha gonna do? I am not going to stop enjoying cycling and other activities and I just hope it never stops me. It is a progressive disease however so one day at a time.

Now onto the happy photo. Ice cream!

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 6.33.43 AM.png

My dish was so good. Raspberry sorbet with Chocolate Hazelnut coconut ice cream. It was a good combo. Sad we aren't getting to have Dave's ice cream today. Rain rain go away we need our ice cream today. LOL OK a break won't kill us. :lol:

My eczema is flaring still. Last night I applied it as directed. One question- I applied the topical steroid to my eczema outbreak (behind my knees) and the area I applied it to became blanched and white exactly where I applied the steroid...does anyone know anything about why that happened?

Leaving you with a peaceful beach scene from our ride yesterday. Quite the contrast to today's weather.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 6.36.27 AM.png

Happy Sunday lovelies. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy lovely pictures!!! Hope Oliver's paw is improving. And the car is black! So far so good, I did stare at it last night. LOL.

Glorious weather 29C bright blue sky. No wind! Had a fabu bike ride!!!!!!!!!!! Supposed to be hot all week :)

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovelies, happy Monday!

HI:

@missy lovely pictures!!! Hope Oliver's paw is improving. And the car is black! So far so good, I did stare at it last night. LOL.

Glorious weather 29C bright blue sky. No wind! Had a fabu bike ride!!!!!!!!!!! Supposed to be hot all week :)

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon! And yay for enjoying a great cycling day yesterday. Your new car sounds beautiful. Drive in good health and happiness and congratulations.:appl:

@Bayek how goes the house building? How are you feeling? How is your shoulder? How are the PT exercises going? I am continuing to send healing vibes and lots of love your way. XOXO.

Hi @Slick1 hope your Monday is off to a good start and you enjoyed a wonderful weekend with your sweet daughter. Hugs.

@MamaBee how is Chris doing today? XOXO.

@junebug17 hope you had a lovely weekend. Hugs.

@Austina hope you are feeling well and enjoying a nice Monday and that your weather isn't too hot. XOXO

@Niffler75 I just love your nurse's buckle and am glad you decided to keep it for now. Hugs.

@marcy hope work goes smoothly this week and that you and Marty enjoyed a nice rest of your weekend. XOXO.

It was a rainy day yesterday and we visited our favorite jewelry shoppe in Lambertville. First time since the Covid outbreak. Sadly they didn't have any OEC or OMC studs or any tennis necklaces but it was great seeing the ladies and it was a lovely lovely day. We walked around the town and the rain really was very light. All in all a perfect day for a non cycling day haha.

@Jimmianne I wore the new Timberland waterproof boots yesterday and while it wasn't the most perfect accessory with the summer outfit it did the job :lol:

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
As for little Oliver I am holding my breath. He showed improvement yesterday and is putting weight on the leg. We let him run around for a bit last night. He isn't purrfect yet but hoping today he will be even better. To this point we have kept him in the playpen since Friday evening to prevent him from jumping and possibly re-injuring it. We are going to let him out now and observe him. Fingers and toes crossed he will be A OK without any medical intervention.

And hopefully today we will be able to go cycling.

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful marvelous Monday.
XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Your outfit is adorable...I love Lambertville. I used to go there fairly often when I lived in Chatham, NJ. That was over twenty years ago! I’m sure it changed a lot since then. That’s a shame the jewelry store is closing. Will they do business online?
That’s good news that Oliver seems to be improving enough that you sprung him out of his playpen. Hopefully he won’t try to climb your grandfather clock!:eek2:
I don’t know why your skin turned white after applying your cortisone cream. Did it happen quickly? I know it can cause white spots and thin skin. I had a problem with thin skin on my feet so I had to stop using it. It happened over time but not quickly. Your skin is so sensitive. :(2
@Bayek How is your shoulder doing? That’s great that you got out to look at your house. It‘s going to look amazing! I love the pic with John and Auti. I guess you decided to be in close contact with her...I’m debating about isolating in Maryland for two weeks so I can go to see the kids outside in their yard...and hold Noah at least once. They said they can put him his car seat and I can lift him out. If it was just us I would have no problem doing it...but if we get sick...we’re goners...Who would care for David. I feel it would be selfish in my situation. I’m trying to calculate the risk but there’s really no way to know.
The tiny bugs in Maryland are not water bugs..I laughed because I think you’re looking at the hole in the sink....Haha When I lived in Texas I met a few water bugs or cicadas. They screamed at night in the trees..It would scare me to death. These bugs are called springtales. @Jimmianne @springerspaniel were right that they look like they are silverfish..but silverfish are too big. Terminex said they are springtales. They are super tiny..They are the size of a freshly ground black pepper flake. They are also really light in color so they are hard to see unless you look for them...I look now! Fortunately they are in Maryland so I’m safe in Pa. The last time we went I only saw a few..I’m praying when we go back on Friday they have packed their bags..:pray:
@marcy I know you’re enjoying your new blue band. I was reading an old right hand ring thread and saw that you have other pretty blue rings. I am wearing my heart ring. I don’t wear it as often because I like to stack it. Since I don’t go anywhere I haven’t been stacking on my right hand that much. I tend to wear one ring. I’m wearing my AV emerald cut moissanite ring on my right hand because I can’t get it off! I love it but I wanted to see what it looked like on my right hand and now I can’t get it off!
@Austina Your menu for your tea was very gourmet...Wow...I was drooling reading what you made. That’s so wonderful you are able to visit with friends and get out to get things for your garden. I’m too afraid to get out to a place like Home Depot to get things for the garden. I don’t have any flowers here in Pa. I planted lots of perennials in Maryland...so I have lots of pretty flowers there. I love tall zinnias..They are supposed to be annuals but they make seeds which germinate and come back into my garden in between the bricks and sidewalk in front of my house there. It’s a little wild now that I’m not there. I have an irrigation system there that keeps everything watered nicely. In Pa..it looks sorry with no flowers..:(2 I can’t get any garden center to deliver flowers..oh well..
Good news! Chris is over Covid! His oximeter reading is 98...no fever for a while..He took his first walk yesterday. TG
Hi to everyone else..XO

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @MamaBee what fantastic news that Chris is doing so well, I know you’ll be mightily relieved that he’s back on a even keel again. We read there were only 3 deaths here yesterday, so apart from isolated incidences of infections (mainly the young, or multigenerational families), it seems that the harsh lockdown, and the majority of people complying with our current restrictions, we’re doing OK. We’re still being careful, and tempering that with trying to live some kind of new normal, it’s definitely helping us deal with the situation. All the shops here have restricted numbers inside, with someone counting people in and out, sanitizers as you enter and leave, and masks mandatory in all shops. I understand your concerns about David, but if your son & DIL have been in isolation, then there probably isn’t a huge risk.

What a shame about the store closing down, unfortunately a sign of the times, I wonder if, as MamaBee says, they’ll be able to maintain an internet presence @missy. You’re very on trend with your summer dress and boots, it’s all the rage :lol: Sounds like a fun way to spend a rainy day, just a shame they didn’t have anything you were looking for. That’s good news that Ollie isn’t so hobbly, hopefully it was a strain and doesn’t require any medical treatment. It wasn’t unusual for our dogs to get a limp now and then, I used to rub their legs and paws, they seem to enjoy it. Harry was a devil though, because he’d hobble around, we’d make a big fuss of him and give him treats, and the next thing you knew, he was hobbling on a different leg:mrgreen:

I love the fan you’ve chosen @Bayek, very sleek and modern looking. How’s your shoulder, has the pain lessened? Adam said today he’s never known it to be so hot, he’s thinking about having solar roof tiles in the future as he’s been reading about the blackouts in Ca. I hope they‘re cracking on at the house and you’re getting closer to completion.

Glad you’re enjoying some good weather @canuk-gal and able to get out on your bikes.

This cool weather is heavenly after the last couple of weeks isn’t it @Niffler75 ?

That’s good that Marty’s gym has weathered the virus @marcy, you’ve been really fortunate that things haven’t been too bad where you are. I hope you have a nice stress free work week and that it doesn’t impinge on your home life this week.

How’s Ellie doing @springerspaniel ?

Have you had a good weekend @junebug17, I hope it’s cooled down a bit there?

We’ve had some welcome rain today, more than a few drops, which has helped the new grass no end. We decided to go out this afternoon, and went to an outdoor shopping centre and I did my bit to help the economy. Nothing exciting, some t-shirts, socks and undies that were all reduced, oh and I lovely navy print blouse.

We’re going out for afternoon tea tomorrow with Sue & Rob, to Great Fosters, Henry VIII’s hunting lodge, something nice to look forward to.

Big wave to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy do you want a tennis style necklace, it used to be a dream of mine! I think it would fab fab on your beautifull neck!... I love your BN studs.... THANK YOU! re: Kara, it's tough for her but not ridiculously so, her exhusband is very wealthy and while she sits in a home in Santa Barbara down the road from Dutchess Megan (truth) and Prince Harry, she will eventually have to work because she is required to pay her own TAXES! not her ex paying them. Shingles makes anyone desperate imho. oh Missy that outfit is the bomb, you look awesome.. so pretty and cool! Glad Ollie was feeling a bit better... Stay safe and if you can, try not to perspire too much behind your knees I know this exacerbates eczema. So I am glad your parents are doing good... You take care of YOU.. please.. hope the weather at the shore is beautiful today.. Chris had a lot of rain yesterday in Brooklyn.. miss you the most marvelous Missy.. love to Greg and kids! xoxoxo

@marcy Hey where's a pix of the cake!! ;-) all sounds good with you Marcy! xxoxo

@MamaBee Hello! house is going well, I am going to post the latest pix at the end of this posting...I think we hardly ever see her and she had not been in daycare for 2 weeks so John thought the risk was low, I didn't hold her, Mike had his Covid-19 test came back negative so we did meet up with them, but pretty much kept the 6 foot distance through the house and they drove in their car and us in our car... it's hard to not want to HOLD and HUG Auti, but with my shoulder I wasn't even tempted, she is a Daddy's girl and most wanted Mike to hold her... I'll get tested for Covid before PT this Friday, they are going to do a quick test.. I feel okay but do miss having my right arm.. you know, I NEVER EVER knew he was going to do a shoulder replacement AND a Rotator Cuff repair, so I have double the pain. who knows? not me.. the exercises are starting to hurt, I have to stretch the rotator cuff and that hurts because for 2 years ++ I've used my right arm very little due to pain - the pain being the rotator cuff tear and the wear out of the shoulder.. like I said: who knows... sleeping is a btch.. but I"m alive!!!!.. how's your Chris? mine is good!

@canuk-gal Greetings from TEXAS, I had a black Mercedes E320, I was cooler than cool, my bestie Kath has a black X3 BMW (they only lease) it has every bell and whistle a BMW can have, it's gorgeous! their black isn't shiny, it's muted and gorgeous.. enjoy Sharon!

Alright we went up to the house this morning and these are the pix from today.

Master Shower, we kept making it smaller and smaller ha!

1597693922531.png

View walking into the primary bedroom

1597693985593.png

looking out the front door from the patio, front door is on the floor!

1597694075146.png

The kitchen, the 3 open spaces up above are an architectural feature and will not have glass in them. kitchen is nice size but not redic.

1597694150233.png

looking up and outside through the patio door, there are transoms above the doors

1597694218155.png

Front of house, the wood will be painted a dark brown with red undertones

1597694284494.png

hi everyone and I hope everyone is having or had a great monday... love you guys.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Have a wonderful time with Sue & Bob and tea.. I envy you, if there is clotted cream please post a pix so I can droooool....... Shoulder pain HAS abated some, now it hurts due to exercise really.. stretching ugh but I am on my way and thank you for asking and thank you for liking my fan! it's the same one I had in Maine.. miss you and look forward to next year to see you and Colin! xoxoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Tuesday. I am pleased to report Oliver is doing well and not limping (knock wood) anymore. May he continue to be well. Thank you all for your good wishes for him!

@missy Your outfit is adorable...I love Lambertville. I used to go there fairly often when I lived in Chatham, NJ. That was over twenty years ago! I’m sure it changed a lot since then. That’s a shame the jewelry store is closing. Will they do business online?
That’s good news that Oliver seems to be improving enough that you sprung him out of his playpen. Hopefully he won’t try to climb your grandfather clock!:eek2:
I don’t know why your skin turned white after applying your cortisone cream. Did it happen quickly? I know it can cause white spots and thin skin. I had a problem with thin skin on my feet so I had to stop using it. It happened over time but not quickly. Your skin is so sensitive. :(2

Thank you Joanne. As for the jewelers IDK. They aren't very online savvy and their online presence is lacking. One of their sales associates (I love her) does online but not very well and I don't see the owner being excited to do her business online. I see her closing the entire business. But I don't know for sure. Thanks for your empathy and compassion. And haha yes he did climb and jump off our Grandfather clock almost as soon as we sprung him lol.

Good news! Chris is over Covid! His oximeter reading is 98...no fever for a while..He took his first walk yesterday.

YAY!!! Wonderful news and may he continue to get stronger and feel better. Hugs to you Joanne.

@missy do you want a tennis style necklace, it used to be a dream of mine! I think it would fab fab on your beautifull neck!... I love your BN studs.... THANK YOU! re: Kara, it's tough for her but not ridiculously so, her exhusband is very wealthy and while she sits in a home in Santa Barbara down the road from Dutchess Megan (truth) and Prince Harry, she will eventually have to work because she is required to pay her own TAXES! not her ex paying them. Shingles makes anyone desperate imho. oh Missy that outfit is the bomb, you look awesome.. so pretty and cool! Glad Ollie was feeling a bit better... Stay safe and if you can, try not to perspire too much behind your knees I know this exacerbates eczema. So I am glad your parents are doing good... You take care of YOU.. please.. hope the weather at the shore is beautiful today.. Chris had a lot of rain yesterday in Brooklyn.. miss you the most marvelous Missy.. love to Greg and kids! xoxoxo

Yasss I do. I love a delicate necklace all diamonds. Blingtastic. But so far I cannot find one that fits the bill. Did you ever get one for yourself? I am glad Kara has the funds to rest and let this play out and I am sending her more healing vibes. Shingles is not fun I know. Greg had it twice and I had it once. I thought I was getting it again a few weeks ago but whew, no. Thank you for your kind compliments and sweet wishes. It means so much to me. The weather here was beautiful yesterday and today too. How is Chris doing in Brooklyn? I hope he feels safe where he is. How is sweet Katie doing? Terrible what is happening to NYC. I blame DeBlasio. He is a poison to the city and as corrupt as they come. But I digress. Love you dear Kate the Great and Greg and I are sending you lots of love and hugs and bucketloads of healing dust. May your shoulder heal fast and be as good as new once it does. Keep working it at PT but not overdoing it. Just one day at a time and gentle and slow and steady is how you win this race. Love the newest house pics. It is coming along nicely! ((((HUGS)))). Love you girlie.

What a shame about the store closing down, unfortunately a sign of the times, I wonder if, as MamaBee says, they’ll be able to maintain an internet presence @missy. You’re very on trend with your summer dress and boots, it’s all the rage :lol: Sounds like a fun way to spend a rainy day, just a shame they didn’t have anything you were looking for. That’s good news that Ollie isn’t so hobbly, hopefully it was a strain and doesn’t require any medical treatment. It wasn’t unusual for our dogs to get a limp now and then, I used to rub their legs and paws, they seem to enjoy it. Harry was a devil though, because he’d hobble around, we’d make a big fuss of him and give him treats, and the next thing you knew, he was hobbling on a different leg:mrgreen:

Haha yes I can see Oliver doing that. When he was just a baby I think that was his scheme and it worked on us too. Thank you for your kind compliment. I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends Sue and Rob today at tea. I love afternoon tea. It is so civilized and refined. I am glad you enjoyed some shopping the other day and I hear you. We need to do our part to help the economy. We are good citizens haha. Hugs to you and enjoy a wonderful day with your friends today.

@springerspaniel how is sweet Ellie doing? How are you? Hope life is going smoothly and all is well. XOXO.

Hey @Slick1 hope the week is going smoothly for you. Hugs and more hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope your week is easy and going well. Hugs to you sweet friend.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
We had a great ride yesterday and delicious ice cream. And Greg spoke with Jimmy so we are hoping to head there this week sometime too for more ice cream. :lol:

Yesterday's selection. Greg had a large but a medium sufficed for me.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 6.25.12 AM.png

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies. Big hugs.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy How are you both? How is Oliver's paw?
@MamaBee So glad Chris is feeling better. What a relief!
@Bayek Hi, how is the PT going? The house is coming on great. I am painting our kitchen at the moment but breaking it into manageable chunks as my joints are sore.
@Jimmianne I dare not ask about the ring fiasco. Hope you got your money back. Little Kine makes me smile so much!

I feel quite tired at the moment adjusting to my husband being at work. I just feel busy busy busy. We had a socially distanced heating check on our boiler today and everything is running fine. We are all overdue dental check ups but our dentist is still only working on emergencies so goodness knows when we will be seen!

We have had lots of rain here and it is much cooler thank goodness.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What a day!

Sorry you‘re feeling so tired @Niffler75, do you think some of it’s caused by perhaps feeling anxious that hubby is back at work? Glad your got your boiler check done now before the winter when you can guarantee they’ll be really busy.

Wow, wow, wow @Bayek, you can really see how fantastic the house is going to be, I‘m so excited for you to be getting closer to moving in. Sorry the PT is causing pain, but needs must, and the pain will be worth it when you have full mobility in your shoulder again.

:mrgreen: That little monkey, glad Ollie is better today @missy. I know it’s always a worry when something’s wrong, but sometimes these things just right themselves with a bit of rest. Glad you managed to get in a good ride yesterday and of course, a generous helping of ice cream. Oy to what’s going on in the city, it’s very worrying, you’re much safer at the beach house.

We had one of those mornings, everything that could go wrong, did! We had our alarm service, and the guy arrived early. He had to change one of the components in the master box, (because we changed internet provider, don’t ask me why, something to do with our system being monitored), and managed to completely kill the whole alarm system. He was here for ages trying to figure out if he could fix it. The neighbours must’ve loved us, the alarm bell was going off for about 30 minutes, and our immediate neighbours had a jack hammer going to break up the base of the conservatory they’ve had removed. He eventually had to admit defeat, and said that they’d have to order a whole new box and come back to install it. This meant with no alarm, our insurance is invalid. Colin then had to ring the insurance company to find out what the situation is regarding us going out. He got conflicting information, yes, we’re covered, no we’re not. Eventually got them to agree to extend our coverage until Sunday. Just before we were due to leave to meet Sue & Rob, the alarm company rang and said they’d come tomorrow to try and fix it.

We had a massive downpour which meant we couldn’t sit outside at the hotel, so we sat inside. The service was really poor, and the food wasn’t very good either, so it was disappointing from that point of view, but obviously we enjoyed the company and chatted about our upcoming trip to the Isle of Wight next month, as well as Australia.

Hopefully tomorrow they can fix the alarm and we’ll be back to normal!

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are keeping safe and well :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy no hon no diamond necklace for me tooo expensive and honestly where would I wear it, no where. BUT you, you go to high falutin galas! plus with Buballah you could wear it daily!! @Scandinavian Scandi's husband gave her one last Christmas I think if I remember correctly Missy, of course with her gorgeous diamond with the pink halo why not!! but at some point in the next year I will have Kate make me a ring like my yellow sapphire that she did with either a red stone, or the deep red garnet that was my sister's that Kate graciously gave me.. 18k, i'd want it in a thick band embedded in the ring.. gotta be able to be a covid free life in the city and here b4 I do that tho. Thank you so much for your gracious words about Kath's Kara, Kara can be ridiculously selfish.. her life is one of a rich, pampered, trophy exwife, but she is a good democrat! !! Chris is doing fine in Brooklyn, sent me a text with his dinner, 2 pieces of cheese pizza from the pizza guys down the street, Luigi's pizza, it's as good Bronx za! https://www.yelp.com/biz/brooklyn-pizza-ii-brooklyn i love this place's za! nice and good cheese and great crust (can you tell I have always missed NYC pizza!). Hey I am thrilled Ollies paw is mending.. he's so adorable.. a real love story.. he owns you now Missy girl.. he for you and you for him..

1597784062848.png

Your and Greg's ice cream and cyclilng journey's make my life in the summer love you..

So show this pic to Greg, John needed a power saw to chop up the oaks that were taken down, we are going to have an outdoor fireplace somewhere on the property so we are going to keep the wood, inside is just a small gas fireplace because it never get's that cold here - sadly.

1597783503099.png

1597783560277.png j John reading the DIRECTIONS.. such a guy thing ;-) love you guys!!

hi Austina! xoxoxo and yes I have to work through it, no more codeine i'm on straight ibuprofen now... man that is one downpour !!! we are so in drought here.. lake is down 8 feet in the last few months... WE NEED RAIN. thank you so much for your kind words about da house! its not really big, and someone could really disike it because it has no hallways really, John and i do not like wasted space that we pay to A/C or heat.. the first one the architect designed had two long, long hallways.. no thank you! say hi to Colin!

@Niffler75 hello there young lady! xooxox

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results