shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 Just dropped by for a minute & saw your gyn story between the lines - you & I both, between 7 and mid thirties there was allot of fun, then, two years ago [ten years after,] I was told that 'ya' know, it could all have been managed' [Spanish medical opinion]. I am still furious.

gotta go

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 Just dropped by for a minute & saw your gyn story between the lines - you & I both, between 7 and mid thirties there was allot of fun, then, two years ago [ten years after,] I was told that 'ya' know, it could all have been managed' [Spanish medical opinion]. I am still furious.

gotta go

Oh no would love to hear more. We can always arrange through email sometime. I'm sorry what you went through. Hugs friend.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 I no longer needed such treatment - the doc commented on my recounting history during my first visit to their cabinet. I wonder if you could just call her, since virtual consultations are all the rage, will ask.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Sunday.

@missy hi sweet friend! One birthday many years ago we ended up on Brooklyn and had the best pizza!! My hubby was doing work in Brooklyn and he wanted to take me there and it was fabulous!!! Such a great memory but of coarse we want to go somewhere with you and Greg! Thinking about you and Greg in your grieving and preparations for the funeral. It will be a beautiful service honoring her to the fullest. And thinking about Tommy and Gracie, come on kitties...heal and get better for mommy and daddy. Miss you and enjoy your beautiful views and I'm thinking about you and Greg's health and sending lots of love.

Hi sweet @bling_dream19 it's a date! As soon as we are through this he** we will make plans.

Ugh Boo to those gyn doctors. How awful and I am so sorry you experienced that. Yeah some doctors suck and they are just regular people with an MD degree. That doesn't make them good or special or anything other than who they are. The degree doesn't convey anything magical upon them. I wish I had a recommendation for you for a good Gyn but I don't. I hope you find a doctor worthy of you soon. And I hope you are not in any discomfort. My dear friend I am sending you bucketloads of healing dust.

Thank you for all your warm support and kind comments and well wishes. Big hugs and much love to you.

@Slick1 I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Saturday and continue feeling well. Sending you big hugs and continued healthy dust.

@AV_ I am sorry you too experienced bad treatment at the hands of a physician. I hope you have a good one now and are feeling well and strong and enjoying a nice weekend. Big hugs dear AV.

@Niffler75 hope you are enjoying a fun weekend with your family. Hugs.

@springerspaniel continued good wishes to Ellie and thinking good thoughts for her and for a successful surgery. Hugs.

@Bayek girlie, hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Great Kate. Mucho hugs to you.

Hi to everyone else. Hope a good weekend is being enjoyed by all.

We cycled and ran into our friends L and J yesterday and they took a photo of us. First photo someone else took of us since Covid 19 began. It was great seeing them and social distancing for a while. This pandemic makes one appreciate their friends and family even more I think. At least it does for me. I really miss seeing everyone I love. Then we enjoyed ice cream and all in all a perfect weather day and cycling day. We did a lot yesterday and Greg also got the paintings and photographs from his office so it all went smoothly fortunately.

Ice Cream!

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 6.10.42 AM.png

Not a selfie.

missyandgregjuly42020.png

And more geese! So freaking cute. No concept of time as they slowly meander across the road without looking and I worry about their welfare but oh they are sweet.

geesecrossing.png

Enjoy a lovely Sunday all. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My girlfriend M sent me these photos. View from our Brooklyn building last night. @marcy I think you’ll appreciate this.

9BF48E18-549D-4AFC-962C-310109823395.jpeg

7F66C0A7-279C-4526-8065-3260794DF7D1.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And from the shore

3CE32796-1DEA-493E-8252-E16852D722A5.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Cycled today in great conditions and did ALL the difficult hills without stopping!!! Then walked the 'hood twice cuz I just wasn't ready to turn in. LOL. Sprayed some Terre D'Hermes on prior to the ride, and I enjoy wafts of scent here and there. Lovely.

Going to prepare some fresh Artic Char for supper shortly--I have been craving it, but it isn't easy to come by.

We went out to a favorite restaurant last night...I had some trepidation. I masked and we sat out on the patio. Fewer tables and servers were masked. We enjoyed the prime rib.

We were out yesterday and literally got home ONE minute before the skies emptied in a short lived thunderstorm. I felt sorry for the folks caught in the torrential downpour--they were soaked. But then it passed and it was gorgeous outside! :)

Hope folks are enjoying their July 4th weekend!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy we generally use sea salt too but the salt shaker by the stove and what I use in baking is regular salt. Popcorn is a good snack for sure. Sorry you got up so early; I know you don’t sleep much. Bummer. I got up at 5 and it was already too bright. I may try earlier tomorrow or just wait until next week when the comet is visible at night. Gracie’s eye does look irritated; I hope Gracie and Oliver’s eyes both get better. I also hope Tommy is eating better. Your ice cream looks delicious. That’s great Greg is feeling okay re no kidney stones. Nice to get a picture taken of you and Greg. You guys are looking good. Thanks for the full moon pictures; it looked pretty cool here last night.

I’ll be keeping you and Greg in my thoughts tomorrow.

@mrs-b I hope they figure out what is going on with you soon and you start feeling better. Big Hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 I want to come have all of your strawberry dishes with you - they sound delicious. I had pancakes yesterday with whipped cream and strawberries. One of my favorites. We ate our last mini cheesecakes with dinner yesterday too.

@AV_ sorry you had an unpleasant experience with doctors. Sadly I think that kind of thing happens way more than it should.

@Niffler75 I hope you are feeling better soon. I keep forgetting to tell you I wanted chocolate cosmos now. Yours are so pretty.

@canuk-gal you had a fabulous day yesterday - biking, walking, dining out and missing the thunderstorm. Sweet. Glad you had a nice day.

Not much going on this weekend. I finished book 7 of that 11 book series today. I am working on laundry now and did my weekend lifting this morning. Off to Switfer the kitchen floor again for the 100th time it seems this weekend. Shocking that Marty isn’t as anal careful as I am in the kitchen.

Take care.
Marcy

Marty will get even with me when he finds this: I find it amusing though.
IMG_0685.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a flying visit today! :wavey: Gosh we had some stormy weather today and it unfortunately triggered a migraine!
So just wanted to say I am thinking of everyone, in particular @missy

Take care x

Thank you dear @Niffler75 very much appreciated. XO

@bling_dream19 you are the best. Thank you, thank you, thank you. For your kind words for your caring thoughts and for all your generous and warm support. XO.

@canuk-gal glad you cycled and enjoyed a wonderful weekend. And delightful you enjoyed Terre D'Hermes in the air. Perfect. Sweet you ate outside at a restaurant too. What a treat. And whew on just missing the torrential downpours. XO

@marcy thank you so much. You are a good friend. LOL you have to tell us if Marty got even with you for torturing his bunny. Oh did I ever tell you Greg's nickname for Oliver is bunny? Because he sort of looks like a bunny at times. It goes back to when we were cycling last year and kept passing this bunny statue whose face looked just like Oliver. Sadly that statue is gone so I cannot share a photo but it really looked like Oliver. XO

@mrs-b thinking of you and sending well wishes and gentle hugs your way.

@springerspaniel I know the surgery date is getting close. Hugs and more hugs and well wishes for Ellie and for the rest of your family and you too.

@Slick1 thinking of you and hoping you have made peace with your difficult decision and hoping you are feeling well and strong. XO.

@Bayek dear friend hope you are doing well and feeling good and the house building and pool is progressing smoothly. And sending you shoulder free pain and lots of hugs.

Hi to everyone else.

Thank you to everyone online and off for your caring and generous support. Everything you have written to me here and offline and in phone convos have meant so much to me. We are off in a few hours to the funeral home then Church and then Graveside.

Have a good day and leaving you with our ice cream of the day yesterday. Oh and we broke 2,000 miles on the bike since cycling started mid May. Not bad.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 4.52.27 AM.png

Hugs to all of you and stay well and be safe.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy ((Hugs)) to you and Greg. Keeping you in my thoughts and will check in later!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Yum to steak @marcy, we had some on Saturday evening, Colin had a ribeye and I had sirloin. Part of our deal from the Scottish butcher. I saw some hilarious masks that were dog faces and would’ve ordered some if they’d had Spinoni ones. Kim sent us a link to to chimp t-shirts and said we should order them so we can all be a monkey family together :lol: I’m afraid I didn’t get up to look in the sky, I checked out NASA’s photos, they were brilliant.

Ugh @bling_dream19, I hate to hear that you and @mrs-b suffered at the hands of so-called medical professionals. I will only see female ob/gyns, and need to find a new one as mine has retired. Honestly, I never thought I’d look forward to the menopause but after nearly 40 years of pain and suffering, it was a huge relief. I hate a Dr who was very out of line when he said he needed to feel ‘my glands’ and used that as an excuse for a grope, and said was it because of him my pulse was racing. I told him it was because I’d been sat in the waiting room for over an hour for him to see me :x2

Do you know whether your surgery is likely to go ahead @Bayek, I hate to think you’re in so much pain without any relief? Did they start on the pool yet?

I hope you can get your health issues sorted out @mrs-b it must be very scary to be in pain with no relief.

Oy @AV_ this is one club we really don’t want to be members of!

This weather has been really odd hasn’t it @Niffler75, I’m sorry it’s causing you migraines

I had to google Artic Char @canuk-gal, hope you enjoyed it. Colin struggles hitting the ball as he finds it hurts his shoulder, between me and you, I think it’s his technique that’s the problem ;)2

Glad you enjoyed some normality this weekend @missy, and yum to ice cream. Wow 2000 miles already, that’s amazing considering everything that’s been going on. Hope little Gracie’s eye is healing. I’ve been thinking of you today and hoping everything went as you hoped.

We went to the driving range this morning, a lot quieter than Friday and I hit some good shots :mrgreen: We didn’t do anything this weekend, just stuff around the house.

Hope everyone had a good 4th July, last year we were in Austin with Adam and Kim and went to watch the fireworks in the evening at the Galleria :cry:. I hate to hear how bad things are there, but we know they’re staying in and keeping safe.

:wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, back after a very busy day. Thinking about @missy, @Bayek and your shoulder, @springerspaniel and the upcoming surgery. @mrs-b hope you are ok. @MamaBee How are you?
Thanks for everyone's good wishes for my son and school. Well today is the first day my son has set foot on a school since he was 5. We went for 1.5 hours after the school day had finished so was really quiet. He a good look around and played inside and out! It went really very well! :dance: We met a few more staff members and everyone was just so lovely. Huge relief!
Also my lab ruby ring is now with a UK bench being finished. Super excited and will obviously share pics.
Take care everyone! x

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy that is cute that Greg calls Oliver Bunny. Did someone tear down a bunny statue? I have been thinking of you and Greg today hoping you 2 make it through the day okay.

@Austina it sounds like you and Coin dined well this weekend too. I bet the meat from that butcher shop is great. I bet you could find a mask with Spinonis on them or better yet maybe get some made with Dottie's picture. My teddy bear masks have shipped. Too funny about the chip shirts. That would be cute. There are some great pictures of the comet out there and loved the one from the ISS. I am embarassed to admit I have yet to see it. I generally wake up like clockwork at 1:30 and 4:00 - but this week nope is't 5 am and by then it's too light out. I'm with you too on being more comfortable with a female OBGYN. Those exams are awful anyway. Glad you got in some golf today. Marty was all excited about that pro who has been doing strength training and has won several tournaments this year.

@Niffler75 that is awesome the first day of school went so well for your son. I am delighted to hear that. That is very exciting your lab ruby ring is almost finished. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

I did get an appointment for my oil change / factory maintenance on the Macan. It's next Friday. I picked the 20,000 mile maintenance since I only have 26,000 miles. Not sure if they did it already. I guess if they find something wrong they'll still fix it. Saving my pennys now. I am getting my teeth cleaned Friday and made us both eye exams for August 1st. All of this is months behind so I figured I'djust get them done.

It's been very quiet at work. My boss was exposed to COVID so he is working from home for 2 weeks. His boss usually hovers when my boss is out but he has the day off. It's been nice.

I brought in the leftovers for 2 tacos for lunch - I was so proud I didn't smash my shells getting them in to the office today. I'm stuffed now though I had more hamburger than I normally put in 2 shells. Oh well, easy supper that way - toast.

Off to do something constructive now.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And so far Marty has not retaliated or commented on his rabbit wearing a mask. That’s a BAD sign. Of course he has the house to himself all day tomorrow.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello to all the lovelly NIRDI ladies
best wishes to you and all yours

Thinking of Missy and Greg and of course Greg's mum and family today

hopefullu you can have a big rememberence celebration of mom's life sometime not too far in the future so all the people who loved and cared about her who couldn't go yesterday can pay there respects and sing and laugh and cry to shear all those happy memories together

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls. I will be back tomorrow but just wanted to say thank you all again. Exhausting day and glad it is over. We did the best we could and wore face masks and shields but social distancing was impossible at the wake. I will go into more detail tomorrow. Our friends did come and some stayed the entire day. Through the wake, the mass (so long) and the cemetery. It was nice they were there supporting us but I just hope and pray no one gets sick. I wish everyone but immediate family would have stayed home. And Greg and I told them that too before they came. But they all said they couldn't have missed it. Greg's like a brother to them. But anyway I digress. Glad to be home and I plan on heading to bed soon. It was a long and tiring day but I couldn't let the day end without thanking you for your support.

missyandgregfaceshields.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls. I will be back tomorrow but just wanted to say thank you all again. Exhausting day and glad it is over. We did the best we could and wore face masks and shields but social distancing was impossible at the wake. I will go into more detail tomorrow. Our friends did come and some stayed the entire day. Through the wake, the mass (so long) and the cemetery. It was nice they were there supporting us but I just hope and pray no one gets sick. I wish everyone but immediate family would have stayed home. And Greg and I told them that too before they came. But they all said they couldn't have missed it. Greg's like a brother to them. But anyway I digress. Glad to be home and I plan on heading to bed soon. It was a long and tiring day but I couldn't let the day end without thanking you for your support.

missyandgregfaceshields.png

Im very happy to see the face sheilds
Take care of each other

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am sure you and Greg are worn out from the long and emotional day. Sending you sleepy dust so you both get some rest tonight. I hope it comforts both of you so many people were sharing in your sorrow either in person or in spirit. Big hugs.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m so relieved to see you wore both shields and masks. It sounds like you have wonderful friends to be there for you and Greg. I hope you both get some needed rest tonight..❤️

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm glad the day is behind you now, I know it's been a stressful and difficult time. I hope today brought some peace and comfort to you, Greg, and everyone who knew and loved your mil.

@Niffler75, great news about your son's visit to school going well! Looking forward to seeing your new ring.

@mrs-b, I'm sorry you're not feeling well and dealing with all these health issues. Very stressful to not know the reasons why and I do hope you get some answers soon. Take care.

@Austina, it's nice you're getting out to the range; you're inspiring me to give it a go. I know it's hard not being able to see Adam and Kim and I'm sorry. My brother is doing pretty well, his sleep isn't great but he's feeling well otherwise.

@Bayek, your shoulder pain sounds terrible, so sorry you have to deal with this. Very glad Chris is doing ok, very sweet of you to send him some goodies. It's hard not seeing our kids, I haven't seen dd since Christmas.

@marcy, it's really nice Marty gives the woman with CP exercises to do even though she isn't a client. A bear mask is a cute idea. LOL to the rabbit , hopefully Marty goes easy on your bears. I hope your boss is ok and stays healthy.

@bling_dream19, I'm really sorry you have had such bad experiences with doctors and I hope you find someone you are comfortable with soon.

@can-uk gal, I'm glad you had such a pleasant weekend after having such a busy week at work. I'm hoping the upcoming week goes well for you.

Not much new here...A good friend of ours got engaged over the weekend. He lost his wife 7 years ago to cancer so dh and I are really happy for him.

Take care everyone!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@bling_dream19 thank you and yes we are a team always. Together we are stronger and together we face the good and the bad. You know (one of) my motto(s). Sadness shared is sadness halved and happiness and joy shared is happiness and joy doubled. I am glad you have such a supportive and wonderful life partner too. Hugs.

@marcy thank you. It was a challenging day. Not the least of it wearing a face mask in 90 degree F heat with 100% humidity. If no one gets sick I will be very relieved. Hoping hard everyone remains well. And I hope your boss remains healthy too.

I hope Marty doesn't have something sneaky in store for you and the teddy bears...stay safe Marcy haha. XO.

@Niffler75 I am very excited to see your new ring. And yay for all continuing to go well with your son and his new school and teachers. Hugs.

@junebug17 very pleased to hear your brother is doing well despite not sleeping great. How nice your good friend found love again. I am sorry he lost his wife 7 years ago but glad he found someone to share the rest of his life with now. Life is better with someone/people you love. Hope you are enjoying a good week. XO.

@MamaBee thank you. I don't know if we got any extra protection from the face shields but mentally I felt OK we are doing all we can and just hoping it was enough. There were some older relatives who attended and made quite the effort to do so as they live in different states. I was concerned for their well being as they are in their late 70s and 80s. Marianne's sister attended but just at the beginning of the wake at the funeral home before the others arrived. Just the immediate family got there early and she came at that time. It was good seeing her and her DH Uncle J but I was glad when they left. They are too old (90s!) to have attended for any longer. How are you holding up and how is your mom and David and your DH doing? Keeping good thoughts for all of you. XO.

Thanks @Daisys and Diamonds appreciate the well wishes. How are you and Gary and Melanie doing? Hugs

@Austina aww I am so sorry you cannot see Adam and Kim and I can only imagine how hard that is. Greg just said yesterday when we got back from the long day that we have to see my parents soon. It is hard not seeing our loved ones and I know it is harder when you live in a different country altogether. I am glad you got to golf a bit and hope that continues. It is good to get out and exercise and enjoy some fresh air.

Thank you for always being there for me and reaching out when I need you. We so appreciate that. All our best to you and Colin. XO.

@springerspaniel please let us know how Ellie is doing and continued well wishes to her and all of you. XO.

@AV_ hope the week is going well for you. Hugs.

@Slick1 thanks for all your support and encouragement and I hope all is going smoothly for you. Your niece will come to her senses eventually and in the meantime you have to take care of you and your loved ones. Hugs.

@Bayek we so appreciate your love and support and sending you lots of love and hugs and hoping your shoulder pain is soon gone. Please know we are thinking of you no matter what we are dealing with here. Hugs. Kate the Great and wonderful. Big hugs to you.

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying a good week and that work is calm. And engaging at the same time. XO.

After the wake and funeral and cemetery we went to my MIL's home to get some photographs to take home with us. We took lots of loose photos and haven't gone through them yet. In fact they are still in our car. It was an exhausting day so when we got home all we did was feed the cats and have dinner and then went to bed pretty much. I imagine we will go through them today as it is a rainy not cycling day today.

It touched our hearts how our good friends came and shared the day with us and were there for us though both Greg and I would have 100% understood if they didn't come. As I wrote before Greg and I asked them not to come so they would remain safe. But they showed up anyway. I just hope everyone remains well despite the risks they (and we) took. Lots of tears just knowing how much others cared and it was a bittersweet day.

The funeral home put together a wonderful slide show too. It was amazing seeing all the photos from the decades. Touching and poignant. Time really does fly. Cherish every moment with your loved ones. They are moments we never get back. Time is the one precious commodity we just never have enough of and just rejoice and cherish every single day. OK enough of my blathering. Thank you all for your generous support. Greg and I both appreciate it and all the lovely messages and notes we received. Thank you. (((Hugs))).

Here is a poor quality photo I took of a photo I love. Hopefully we have a copy of it in the photos we got from my MIL's home.

gregsfamily.png

Have a good day girls.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! I miss everyone so I’m going to try to keep up!
@missy I hope you and Greg got some good sleep last night..You must be so exhausted.
I love the photo of Greg with his family. I could pick him right out.
Everyone is fine here. I’m struggling a bit...but hanging in there. I‘m still nervous about Shatzie working...He takes his shoes off and washes his hands when he comes home. I’m not sure that’s enough...I feel like we are vulnerable here.
The handyman is at the Maryland house trying to seal a skylight that leaks in the kitchen. He is also patching the ceilings in a few places where we had some little leaks. I told the handyman to let me know when he’s finished so we can let some days pass before we go back to check on the house. I don‘t think he social distances at all.
I hope Tommy Is doing better. I’m going to try to catch up reading the posts.
@Niffler I‘m so happy your son is adjusting to his new teachers...They seem to be giving him plenty of time to get comfortable. I have to read about your new ring that you have at the jeweler. It’s so exciting to look forward to new bling.
@bling_dream19 I’m sorry you had a bad experience with your gyno. I’ve had experiences when I was younger. It was one of those things where I couldn’t believe things were done on purpose. When I got older I realized that it was abuse because there was no reason for his actions. There were other experiences too. I now have all female doctors. I even have a female doctor that does my colonoscopy.
I see you also have some new bling! I have lots of pics and posts to go through. I will enjoy seeing everyone get new shinies because I’m not going to be getting anything new. I do have to eventually upgrade my ACA’s color...but I don’t think that will be for a while.
I‘ll be back...I can only post in spurts...xxoo

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy You guys just have been shattered. I hope you are managing to get some rest. I think you took all the precautions you could reasonably take and I sincerely hope your decision to be there bought you both some comfort. How are the cats, Tommy, Gracie and her eye?
@MamaBee Thanks for your kind words for my son. It is absolutely crucial to have the right support in place and I think we are getting there!I
@springerspaniel Thinking of you. Is the surgery scheduled for tomorrow?

Well we have had a very quiet day here after our busy day yesterday. It to a lot out of my son bless him and he slept for over 11hours solid!
Not much else to report so I will sign off with hugs to everyone! x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That’s such good news about your little guy @Niffler75 , I’m not surprised he was zonked and slept so well. Everything bodes well for when he starts school proper.

I can certainly sympathise with your brother on the sleeping front @junebug17, but that’s good that he’s otherwise well. Honestly, I think it’d be great for you to take up golf, it’s good exercise in the fresh air, and a shared interest with DH when he retires. When things are better, maybe have a few lessons to see how you feel about it.

I hope everything get’s sorted at your other house @MamaBee and you can go back as you seem to feel more comfortable there. I think as long as your DH is taking all sensible precautions, try not to worry too much. Are there lots of new cases where you are, if not, if he’s been OK up till now, then hopefully that’ll continue. Hoping there are no other stresses in your life at the moment, and all is calm with the rest of the family.

Everything crossed for Ellie @springerspaniel, I know you’ll be very anxious until the surgery‘s over, will be keeping everything crossed for the best possible outcome.

Your toad in the hole came out great @Daisys and Diamonds. I didn’t know Gary was originally from the UK, how’s everything with you?

I hope your boss is going to be OK @marcy, does he know how he was exposed? Let’s hope his boss doesn’t keep hovering, at least with social distancing, you can tell him to keep away.

How’re things where you are @Jimmianne ?

@missy, I’m glad the day went well, as well as these things can, and I’m sure it was both mentally and physically draining. It must’ve been heartening for Greg and his brothers, that so many of her friends wanted to say goodbye. I know there’re all sorts of views on masks, but I think a mask and visor have to be pretty protective, from what our experts have said, someone would have to sneeze or cough right in your face for there to be significant risk. I know you take all other sensible precautions, so try not to worry unduly. I’m sure once you get the chance to look through all the photos, it will stir lots of memories for Greg. That’s a cute photo of Greg’s family, does he remember it being taken? How’s Gracie’s eye doing?

I did Zoom Pilates this morning, and then this afternoon, we met Sue and Rob for a walk. Sue has asked us to lunch on Friday for Colin’s birthday, she’s so sweet and thoughtful.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@junebug17 that is great your friend is engaged; it’s nice he found someone to love again after losing his wife. I am happy for him. So far my bears have not suffered any pranks from Marty; it’s making me nervous. I bet your DH would enjoy having you join him at golf.

@missy I bet those face shields were not fun in such hot weather. I hope no one ends up sick either. I am glad so many people shared in your sorrow and also in celebrating your MIL. It helps for sure. That’s great you picked up some pictures to go through. I love the one of Greg and his family when he was young. Keeping you and Greg in my thoughts.

I am sure Marty will get even with me; of course I always tell him I sleep with one eye open anyway.

@MamaBee I am hoping you had a good day. Good idea to let your place set for a while before returning after the repairman is finished. I bet Shatzie is glad having you with him for a while. I did say ooh when you mentioned upgrading your ACA.

@Niiffler75 that’s great you son got such a good night’s sleep. Sweet.

@Austina I never saw a boss all day today either. It was great! I am working from home tomorrow and Thursday then have Friday off. Nice that you and Colin went for a walk with your friends today. That is sweet of them inviting you to lunch Friday for Colin’s birthday. Did you buy him a new bracelet too? Ha Ha. (Sounds like something I’d do).

I guess my boss is back in the office tomorrow. He was exposed 2 weeks ago by one of his employees who also works as a bouncer at a bar. I have never heard if the guy actually had COVID or was just exposed to it; you know privacy issues. Strange 3 of them have to work from home for 2 weeks but how do they know how many of us crossed his path the day he was in the office?

I got up at 4:15 and yes I saw the comet. Sweet. It was naked eye but of course looked better in binoculars. I got a photo on my phone but the comet is just a smudge. I know what it is. I’ll dig out other cameras and try again tomorrow. ETA - I just recorded this in my tattered, old observing journal. That is the 33rd comet I've got to see over the decades. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results