shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh @Bayek I love all your choices!!! We have a Thermador oven and Greg loves it.

As for dishwasher choices- I suggest looking into dishwasher dish drawers. I think a few companies make them and I think they’re great. You can do a small load in one or use both for a bigger load. Very energy efficient and quiet.

Anyway nice job on all your choices!!!

I’ll be back tomorrow to comment on more stuff and respond to everyone. Have a great evening ladies. XOXO ❤️❤️❤️

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh and we visited my parents this past weekend so here are some upper deck and beach bling shots! Hope everyone had a great weekend! It was good to see them, we grilled out and my hubby and dad built a retaining wall together. I got some solo time time on the deck and a nice walk, and then some good conversation with mom. IMG_1402.jpg 20200530_144512.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy sadly I won’t be one of the people who can work every other day but it should work for those who are within 6 feet of another employee. I technically set my alarm 10 minutes earlier than I used to get up so it won’t be that bad going to work by 7:30. I usually got there about 7:40 anyway; now I’m squeaking in the gate at 7:29. Glad you got in a nice ride yesterday. Delighted to see the deer made it across the street okay.
@Niffler75 that’s great Hershey did well with the oral medicine. How exciting your ring is being cast today.

@Austina sadly as I told Missy I won’t be one of the employees who works from home off and on; it is for people with a close neighbor. I do like getting off at 4:30. LOL about your NASA update and upcoming mission. It is very exciting to keep up with them. Sounds like fun going for a walk with some friends and glad you have some good memories of sweet Dottie playing in the pond. Hugs to you.

@Mamabean I am sorry you’ve had some rough days and I hate to hear you have to deal with that. That is pretty exciting you get to see the new baby. My commute is about 15-18 minutes if I stick to the speed limit. Ha Ha. Traffic is less at those times too (not “real” traffic ha ha).

@Slick1I’ve been thinking of you and hope you are doing okay. That pendant is perfect, I hope wearing it brings you some comfort.

@AV_ enjoy reading and running away.

@Bayek thank you for the birthday wishes. How exciting the foundation is poured; it’s looking good. I hope you doctor appointment went well. I couldn’t get the appliance links to work; it is so hard to pick appliances. I find if you read all the customer reviews none of them are any good. LOL. They also don’t seem to last as long as they used to but you don’t want to buy cheap stuff so it’s such a dilemma to choose.

@Poodles4me enjoy your latte and I am sure the dogs enjoyed the cookies.

@bling_dream19 Knox is a cutie. Nice you got to visit your parents and the beach. Great beach bling shots.

Work dragged on and on today but I made it through the day. Marty was on phone calls for work all day so he didn’t go lift. I drove home through a horrible heavy sideways rainstorm and rain in to heavy hail for about the last 3 miles. I don’t think the Curbymobile got dented but it sure sounded awful. It was raining so hard I couldn’t see and all sorts of idiots were stopping in the road. I almost went off the road in one spot luckily I finally so a post. When I got home Marty wanted to go eat so went out for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! It's wonderful Wednesday.

@Slick1 I am so sorry for everything. The pain of missing your sweet Chase is intense despite knowing you gave him the best 17 years anyone could hope for. I hope that brings you some comfort. I love that pendant and it does look just like him. Sending you comforting hugs and much love and lots of well wishes. ((((HUGS)))).

Oh and we visited my parents this past weekend so here are some upper deck and beach bling shots! Hope everyone had a great weekend! It was good to see them, we grilled out and my hubby and dad built a retaining wall together. I got some solo time time on the deck and a nice walk, and then some good conversation with mom. IMG_1402.jpg 20200530_144512.jpg

Beautiful. Just stunning. :love: Glad you got a nice visit with your parents and got to enjoy the sand and sea and beautiful bling. What a backdrop.

Hi friends! @Austina here is a pic of my nieces new doggie Knox IMG_1963.jpg
He's such a cutie! Really sweet and loves to sleep lol! I hope everyone is doing well. Hugs!

Aww Knox is a beauty. :love: And a very lucky dog as I know your nieces are going to adore and love him and give him a wonderful life.
(((HUGS))).

Work dragged on and on today but I made it through the day. Marty was on phone calls for work all day so he didn’t go lift. I drove home through a horrible heavy sideways rainstorm and rain in to heavy hail for about the last 3 miles. I don’t think the Curbymobile got dented but it sure sounded awful. It was raining so hard I couldn’t see and all sorts of idiots were stopping in the road. I almost went off the road in one spot luckily I finally so a post. When I got home Marty wanted to go eat so went out for supper.

I am sorry you cannot do the every other day work schedule but glad you are able to set your schedule to the time you prefer. I am sorry work dragged on and oy to the horrible heavy rainstorm. We are getting severe weather here this afternoon. We had severe weather in the early AM hours and more expected this afternoon. Lighting and torrential downpours and heavy winds. I expect power will be going out to much of the area. I am glad your Curbymobile did not get dented. Whew. Hope dinner out was yummy and gave you a much needed rest. XOXO.

house pictures from today 6/2/2020

IMG_20200602_131418.jpg IMG_20200602_131601.jpg IMG_20200602_131607.jpg IMG_20200602_131741.jpg IMG_20200602_131604.jpg IMG_20200602_132150.jpg
outdoor kitchen

Niiiiice! It's coming along and before you know it you will be in your home sweet home. I hear you re the heat. I am with you and your DH though because while I cannot tolerate the heat I also cannot tolerate the cold. What is on the schedule for the rest of your week? Sending you much love and big hugs across the miles.

@Austina thanks for the info and it is ordered. It can't hurt right? We are getting torrential downpours here so might need to put a pause on all our cycling and perhaps run some errands. LOL I wrote errands but the word earrings was spelled out. That is super weird...a sign? Nope. I definitely do not need more earrings. How are Adam and Kim doing? Glad you had a nice long walk with Sue and Rob and yay for more food deliveries though I am sorry you got part of someone else's order hopefully they were able to get a replacement so no one lost out. Sending you lots of good luck dust for things to work out soon. Hugs.

@Mamabean aww sending you big hugs. Life is tough and this is a challenging time. I am glad wearing a bit of bling cheers you up. You have nothing to feel inadequate about. You do it all and lifting weights or doing aerobics is nothing compared to all you do sweet Joanne. I hope Chris is doing as well as possible and that all remains quiet. I wish you could provide shelter to those porch kitties. If you want I could do a search and mail you some ideas. No pressure. If you are interested just let me know. We have shelters on our property and it doesn't inconvenience us in any way if that makes a difference. Big hugs and much love.

@Niffler75 I am glad Hershey didn't need anesthesia for the thyroid check. Tommy no longer takes his pill pockets so we have to forcefully give him his thyroid med now all the time. Very upsetting as he gets super stressed. I am feeling heavy hearted with all that is happening and this just makes it that much worse. I hope Hershey is OK and doing well with the necessary meds. Glad all is going smoothly by you. Hugs.

@Scandinavian good morning, hope the week is going well. XOXO.

@Poodles4me hello and I hope you are feeling all better and that everything is proceeding smoothly. Hugs.

@AV_ hope you got the connection issue sorted and that you are having a good and non harried week. Sending you calm and peaceful vibes and big hugs across the many miles.

Dear @canuk-gal hello, how are you doing? How is your family? Hope you are enjoying a nice week. (((Hugs))).

Greg and I accomplished all we set out to do yesterday and then got to cycle too and enjoyed some ice cream. Today is an iffy cycling day because there are hit and miss thundershowers all day with the afternoon being dangerous with extreme thunder and lighting and torrential downpours and strong winds. And we have an HVAC appt this AM for maintenance check so it isn't looking good for riding. We did get a bit wet with some sprinkles yesterday but that is OK. Sprinkles don't bother us nor do they stop us.

Babies and their mommas and poppas.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 6.21.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 6.20.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 6.19.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 6.18.59 AM.png

and of course our Ice cream yesterday:

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 5.45.41 AM.png

Lastly I remember a friend once seeing a photo I shared saying wait a minute that cannot be the Jersey shore. Nope it is. LOL palm trees and all. :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 6.22.43 AM.png

Have a lovely day all and big hugs.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ms.Bayek, our new NIRDI house is really coming along!!

Mamab., sorry about Chris. How awful for you, and for him and for everyone. These are very hard times to keep it together.

Hello to all NIRDIs and sending love. Just popping in before headed for the latest language lesson. At least it gets me off the couch.
Will check in later. So much going on here!
XX

Ps. Austina you will see something from me.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CAE23FF8-2141-4D65-AFA8-EA5F442D24BA.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 Knox is a cutie! It sounds like you had a fun time with your parents at the shore..It sounds like your hubby got some bonding time with your dad..I miss the ocean...I would even take walking to the larger dock downtown but no one is keeping social distance so it’s not safe. We have a little pier down my street but people congregate there so it’s still not safe.
@AV_ Thank you for the birthday wishes for Noah! I never heard it used on the first birth day! I love it! Your outdoor flower photos are beautiful..XO
@Slick1 I love your new pendant. It does look like him...❤️
I have a new name! I tried Mamabear but it was taken. I like MamaBee too so it works! :sun:
Thank you all for the wishes and support about Chris. It’s been quiet so I’m thankful. I need peace and quiet..
I‘m curious to know what you guys think about getting Mammos and blood work. I’m very nervous to get that close. I have an echocardiogram on Sept 1...and a follow up with the cardiologist two weeks later. I may push that further out. I do have to have a blood test and in person physical with my internist in October. I also pushed my skin scan with my dermatologist to October. I had melanoma so I need to get that scan done. I’m just wondering what you’re all doing.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hi Marcy, I didn't post links to what I plan to buy probably :) you'd have to copy and paste the appliance number and it'll pop up.. Wish you could work at home but getting home early is a small panacea.

@missy Thank you so much for all your kind words, as always you are the best!.. I like Greg's hat under his helmet, I must say, John has the same hat! ice cream! yummy yum.. your pictures are always perfect Missy, sending love and hugs. always.

@bling_dream19 I love your rings of course! but I do also love the ocean.. so pretty.. enjoy! miss it, landlocked here in Austin area. )

@Jimmianne Bonjour! hope all is well, if you want to send me something I would appreciate one of your spepkus rings! jk.. miss you..

@Calliecake Hey Callie! hope you are well.

John is having cataract surgery next week.. he's glad because his one eye really is blurry and he's also getting corrective surgery! lucky him, I'm not a candidate. :(

Everyone is good here and in Brooklyn, no comlaints!

@MamaBee Hi Bee, love this.. hope things stay mellow for you.. really do.

Hoping EVERY NIRDI is having a great day or evening :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I'm one year behind on a colonoscopy so I have to get that done, I need my 3D mammo also so I'm going to schedule them soon. I'm afraid but preventive medicine is the best.. so when you feel comfortable then maybe you would want to schedule :) xo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee I'm one year behind on a colonoscopy so I have to get that done, I need my 3D mammo also so I'm going to schedule them soon. I'm afraid but preventive medicine is the best.. so when you feel comfortable then maybe you would want to schedule :) xo

Thanks @Bayek Shatzie is also overdue for his colonoscopy.
I meant to tell you I was so excited to see your house coming along! Pouring the foundation is a big deal! I have to look up your appliances because the link didn’t work for me. I bought a Wolfe stand alone stove in Pa when I redid that kitchen.. It was super expensive and I’ve been having trouble with it since I got it. Never again...I have a little GE glass top stove here in Maryland that works perfectly...as does my GE dishwasher. I can’t remember what the name of my dishwasher is in Pa..I’ll ask my hubby when I talk to him tonight. I never liked the pull out flatware rack. It’s a pain to load. I think it’s a Miele but not sure.. The GE one here has the bin to put the flatware in. It’s a breeze to load. I can pull out the bin to bring to the flatware drawer to put everything away. I’m sure it was two or three hundred dollars new when the former owners put in the kitchen. The appliances are cheap but they work. I always said that when the appliances go I would redo the kitchen. I hope they last through the blasted virus...

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All NIRDI's interested, I didn't post links to my stuff because well I'm not sure but I think laziness! and not sureness :) and I dunno ;-) so here are links.

Thermador Range

Thermador hood vent thing :)

Thermador Dishwasher (free :) but I might upgrade depends on MONEY HONEY :)

Bosch Refrigerator

Bosch drawer microwave

if you want to look a a pix of the plan here you go!

housebesttoday.jpg

I think the architect did this for us to place the whole house thing on the lot.. I think, we've had this for months.. the fire pit will be placed farther away from the pool area, actually we are planning on making it a separate area at some point - who the heck knows.. money is flowing from us to all others!

ETA:We took the spa out of the pool, we didn't think we would use it think we are past spa age ;-) it saved about 15K off the pool, the pool was a lot more expensive than I thought it was going to be, prices have realllllly increased since 1998 when I did my other pool. At the back end of the pool will be some 18 inch high wall with 2 water sheers I think these 2 sheer descents pictured below are in a higher wall than 18 inches but you get the idea, the 2 we will have are 18 inches wide. Pool color I think will be Pebble Sheen Blue Granite (who knows some pebble color :) I guess )

jandy-sheer-waterfall.jpg Sheer Descents blue granite.jpg color

along the right side will be 3 12 inc sheer arcs they are at tile height not raised but arc up..

arcs.jpg

Also I have one bubbler on the sundek thing but I think I will change it to two bubblers, white lights - nothing special, no lit up sheers etc blah blah :)

bubbler.jpg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oooo @Bayek, it’s great to see the plans, really making it all so real now. Your appliance choices look like they’re well made and sturdy :D I know Adam has a LG fridge/freezer and also washer and dryer, and hasn’t had any problems with them. They got the stands for the washer and dryer, so you don’t have to bend down and they’re also an extra storage space. You can also get a small drawer washer instead of the storage drawer. Seems like that’d be a good idea if you had a small quantities of whites to wash that you didn’t want to run a big load for. Bosch is regarded as a very superior range here and I like the idea of a drawer microwave. The outdoor area is going to be lovely, and essential when it’s so hot there.

Awww Knox looks lovely @bling_dream19, those ears :lol: He looks like he could have some Pharaoh hound in him. Your wedding set looks stunning in the sunshine. So glad you had a good weekend and spent quality time with your parents.

As long as you’re safe at work @marcy that’s the most important thing. Getting up 10 minutes earlier is worth getting off work earlier. Nice to be able to go out to eat, especially after a dragging day at work.

I’m due a mammo and smear @MamaBee, but I’m going to wait a while before I reschedule, but then I’m not concerned that a short delay will be a problem In my case. I’m sure that if you do go, they’ll be all set up to do it safely. Glad things are calm there, you don’t need any stresses at this time.

Hope you enjoyed your lesson @Jimmianne. I am eagerly awaiting whatever’s coming my way!:mrgreen:

Oh @Slick1 that’s so sweet, what a lovely reminder of your special boy. We got something yesterday in remembrance of our Dottie.

:lol: No @missy, I don’t think you need any more earrings. Only 1 pair of ears, but at least we’ve got lots of fingers to adorn. ;-) I don’t think using the UV/Ozone sanitiser can do any harm, everything’s worth trying, and I know it sounds odd, but I did notice that the air in the rooms we’ve used it in, smelled fresher. It’s also supposed to kill dust mites, so good for using in the bedroom. Did you get the downpours today, we were supposed to get rain, but it really wasn’t much, and the temperatures were down, so quite a bit cooler than it’s been?

We went to the driving range this morning, really well set up to allow for social distancing, all the equipment sanitised, and it was great to do something ‘normal’ and be outside. First shot was almost perfect, then it was dramatically downhill after that :lol: Oh well, we’ll go again next week and hopefully get back some technique.

My meat delivery didn‘t come, got a text from the courier that it’s coming tomorrow, so I rang the supplier and asked what I should do if the meat isn’t still frozen. They said no problem just let them know, but the dry ice is good for 48 hrs, so we’ll see.

Window cleaner came today, he always comes on a day that we have rain :???:

This has arrived, Colin had done some photo books, one of Adam and Kim, and one of our doggies, and organised this too. I’m going to put it up tomorrow.

B209F5FD-1006-4A97-AE5F-2F4AB71E4133.jpeg

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well, our numbers are continuing to go down, so let’s hope we’re winning the battle.

:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @AV_, sounds like your work is going well and keeping you occupied. Hope you're getting a little enjoyment in as well. <3 Lovely pic, those blooms are beautiful.

@MamaBee, I'm really sorry to hear about Chris. I'm glad things have calmed down and I'm hoping he can come back from this. So nice you're going to see Jackson and Noah. I know it's not the way you would like it to be but it will still be fun to see them. Have a great time doing Zoom with your friends. Dh and I do it with the kids and it always lifts my spirits.

@Niffler75, what a sweet pic of your boy! Glad you and he can enjoy doing things outdoors. What a relief that you avoided a plumbing issue. It's great Hershey didn't need a full anaesthetic. Good news that your ring is moving along. Can't wait to see it.

@bling_dream19, yum to homemade ice cream. Glad you had such a lovely visit with your parents, sounds like a great day. Your wedding set is absolutely gorgeous, SO beautiful on your hand. Knox is adorable, your nieces are going to have so much fun with him.

@Slick1 , I am just so sorry you are going through such a sad time. I know it's very painful being without your Chase. I love the pendant, it really does look like him. Sending hugs and love.

@missy, what a sweet pic of Gracie, she's a cutie. Very nice you ran into your friends and also very nice that they didn't want to hug you lol. Beautiful scenery and those deer are just so sweet. Glad PT is working out for now and it looks like you're learning some beneficial exercises.

@Beyak, all of your appliances look fantastic, and I love all the plans for the pool. The floorplan looks great. This home is going to be gorgeous. So exciting to see them getting started and I love hearing about all your ideas and plans. That pic of the pizza has me wanting pizza, desperately.

@Austina, dh will probably go back to the office sometime in July, no exact date yet. I wouldn't complain if it was extended. Yes, these days deciding what to make for dinner is the big excitement of the day lol. I'm glad your trip to the store went ok but it's a shame people weren't more careful. How great you went to the driving range. Feels good to do something normal. The picture of your furbaby is beautiful.

@marcy, LOL to your bears not social distancing. Going back to the office sounds like it was a bit surreal and yet maybe a return to some kind of normal. Sounds like your office has a good plan in place. Sweet that you can leave at 4:30. I'm so glad you had a great birthday. Those cupcakes are adorable and really nice you caught up with your nieces and friends.

@Scandinavian, congrats on your new phone; I'd like to get one just for the camera alone. The new grass looks great and I love the pics of the beautiful views you have. So peaceful.

Hi @Poodles4me, afternoon lattes sound delicious.

Been a long week here...my brother came down with a few symptoms last Wednesday, body aches and stomach pains. No fever or any other symptoms. Feeling lousy but not extremely ill, and feeling better as the days pass. He was tested yesterday and should have the results back in 2-4 days. The clean -up in the basement is done but it took 4 days for it to dry; they removed the fans and dehumidifiers yesterday. Today the ducts are being cleaned.

Glad everyone is doing well, take care all!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I know I am missing quotes, but not whose I am missing!

@AV_ enjoy reading and running away.
This could well be the story of my life; if not, than it sure fits my changing academic fields - read & fled! It is fun, @junebug17.

@AV_ hope you got the connection issue sorted and that you are having a good and non harried week. Sending you calm and peaceful vibes and big hugs across the many miles.
Hell of a distance!
No complaint of being harried, I had two ridiculeous months filled with work from people forced to do what they most want to do [lock themselves up;] now that & my usual life is returning, it feels slow [like the pomegranate flowers.]
I am hearing not good news of Tom between your lines ,( Gracie looks gracious & growing up! I hope the troupe is kind with you this summer.

Phone coverage had been sporadic for a couple of days, it still is; who knows...

@Jimmianne Noticing your ring with rose cuts yet again; I am so drawn to its kind, it ain't funny!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy great pictures from your ride. Oh no you had severe weather too. Tis the season. Yes spelling out earrings is a sign. Totally. No, I would not think of palm trees on the Jersey Shore but then again they were plentiful at the beach in South Carolina. I sure don’t see them around here. Love the cat on the bike; that is awesome.

@Jimmianne sweet to continuing you language lessons. You must be parlez francais tres bien.

@MamaBee I am delighted you are getting much deserved peace and quiet. IMO I would keep your fall appointments for now; I think we are going to know in a month or so if things will improve or get worse.

@Bayek I definitely like getting to come home 30 minutes earlier than normal. Good luck to John for his cataract surgery and his corrective surgery. One of the eye drops they prescribe after cataract surgery clears your sinuses; I had to use them for an edema and was so excited I could breathe. Pricey little bottle though. Ha Ha you posted the links for me. Thanks. They all look great too. The pool will look great; I like the bubblers and water sheers. I can’t wait for our NIRDI pool party. I totally enjoyed seeing the house plans. I’ll go blow it up on my iPad when I am done here and check it out with one eye. I should make a matching eye patch to go with my mask. Then of course I’ll have to get a parrot for my shoulder and change my name to Marrrrrrcy.

@Austina thank you; I do feel safe at work. So far there aren’t many of us in the building. That’s great you got to go golfing today and started with a great shot. As for the rest of the shots not being so good that sounds like Marty’s usual golf game. Poor guy gets pretty frustrated when that happens. I love your new picture; that is awesome. Hopefully your meat is still frozen; our Omaha Steaks always arrive frozen solid with the dry ice.

@junebug17 it has been kind of nice being back in a routine at work. It will be nice if DH can stay home through next month. My company might have more people coming back as early as next week. So far it’s a treat to get off work at 4:30. I hate to hear about your brother; hoping he is okay and recovers quickly. What a relief to have the basement clean. I am not surprised it will take several days to dry there. One nice thing about low humidity and high altitude here - things dry quickly.

@AV_ so all I can think of now is “run away” from Monty Python Holy Grail. It’s good to keep changing fields; keeps things fresh and interesting. Darn sporadic phone coverage.

I did drive home in the rain today but at least there wasn’t any hail. Woo hoo!!!

I met a friend of mine for lunch in a restaurant. What a treat!

I crocheted a bunch of ties tonight for my masks. I like tying them on better than putting the elastic behind my ears.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ Thank you for the birthday wishes for Noah! I never heard it used on the first birth day! I love it! Your outdoor flower photos are beautiful..XO

I am used to hear few birthday wishes at births, few remember with all the distraction! Noah picked his time [pomegranates starting flowering.] All my best wishes! & hopes for good news all the way.

-

@marcy You can make masks endearing! Darn! I am scared to Hell of them all, not that I see them much.

-

04:26 & this is not my morning

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ I have to wear a mask in common areas at work so I may as well make them fun and comfortable. Glad they aren’t abundant where you are.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy I am not quite parlez-vous-ing with ease, but have prepared conversations...can give you a tour of my house or tell you how nice my neighbors are. The first words I ever learned were « buy » and « jewelry « . What more does one need to know??

Austina, I hope I do not disappoint in the sheer ridiculousness of what I wanted to send you...a link to a toy dog on Amazon. It responds to voices with various barks and has movement. Mine has not arrived yet, but will review when it does. It is meant for seniors with some cognitive issues and I thought yep! That’s for me!! Lol

AV...What about pinning bling onto masks? And my french teacher has Jonny Was masks. The possibilities for haute couture are endless : ) Loving masks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy yay for no hail on yesterday's commute. Yes ties are way more comfy for the masks then the ear loops I agree. Glad you got to meet a friend for lunch yesterday. Definitely things are feeling more normal by you. OTOH we had to wait on a small line yesterday afternoon to get into Whole Foods. It was only for a few minutes but still. Our new normal here continues. And guess what? It's almost Friday woohoo. So what is your work schedule? Are you going into the office Mon-Fri? I am glad you are getting out a bit earlier each day.

@Bayek oh I love all your photos and thanks for the links. I think you are making perfect choices. Thank you for all your love and hugs. We need it here. And of course I am sending you lots of love and hugs too. And tell your Brooklyn crew we miss Brooklyn but please stay safe. Not all the protests are peaceful there so one cannot be too careful. Challenging times we are in and there are times I don't see the forest for the trees if you kwim. Good luck to John and his cataract surgery next week!!!

@AV_ You are very perceptive. It is very bad news :( Each day is a struggle and getting worse. I am not saying more on the subject here. Thank you for your caring and kind wishes and support. It means a lot to me. What is that saying about kindness? It really does make a difference. I am sorry work has been crazy for you these past 2 months. I hope your phone and its area of coverage starts behaving. Hope you have a good day today.

@MamaBee Love that name and welcome back. I am glad it's been quiet by you and may that continue. I think as far as getting your mammogram etc it's probably a good time to schedule those now before a rebound happens which might be late summer early autumn. I don't get colonoscopies but I do the cologuard instead however if one has polyps you need a Colonoscopy. Of course IDK if I have polyps or not since I never got a colonoscopy. But I digress. I have delayed my annual (due in April) and will wait on that til next year so skipping a year but that is because I see my endocrinologist regularly. So some appointments I have skipped and others not and to answer your question now is a good time I think for scheduling appts you do not want to skip this year.

@Austina we did get some rain but not as much as they predicted. That was good. I don't enjoy thunder and lightning the way Greg does. We did get to ride in the morning so that worked out but only because HVAC guys called to say they were running late so we rescheduled them and went riding haha. Woohoo for making it to the driving range and getting some normalcy back. Nice. I will let you know what I think of the Ozone machine when it arrives and we use it. Boo to the meat delivery being late. We didn't get a delivery of gloves we were supposed to the other week so we contacted Am Ex and they credited us only because I did try the company first but they said it would take a few weeks for them to investigate. Since it had already been a few weeks we let our CC know and they did the rest. Oh I love that photo. Beautiful.

@junebug17 I am sorry your brother is ill and I hope he starts feeling completely better very soon. Fingers crossed that his test results show antibodies as that would be the best scenario I think. Sometimes I wish we already had it and were done with it if you kwim since so far evidence shows one doesn't come down with it again at least as far as we know at least for this year. Sending your brother lots of healing vibes. And what a relief your basement is all taken care of and dried out.

@Slick1 hugs and hope you are enjoying a good week. Love what you got to honor Chase. Beautiful. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 how are you dear girl? How's work going? Sending you hugs and love.

@Jimmianne the issue with bling on the masks is it needs to be removable bling so one can wash their mask daily if it is washable and if it isn't then the bling needs to be disposable too...

So we actually did go riding yesterday morning because Greg called the HVAC people and they were running behind due to an emergency so we rescheduled and went cycling since rain was due at 1PM. And at 1PM on the dot it came but we were home by then and then we went to Whole Foods and picked up some produce. Today I have PT then working out and then cycling. And tomorrow is super busy so not looking forward to that and all we have to do. But one day at a time and one hour at a time when that becomes too overwhelming.

Hugs to all of you and have a good day.

Leaving you with a new stencil Greg created for the front of our canopy. So now HRH Francesca is on the back and front of our canopy when we have that up and on our flag when we don't have the canopy.

francescaoncanopy.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Bayek Hi, fantastic to see the photos and how the building work is progressing.
@Austina Well we've had some relief from the hot weather here and our garden desperately needed the rain.
@marcy Glad you are managing to stay safe at work. My husband furlough has been extended as they do not have the office space sorted out yet. So the plan is 3 more weeks furlough and a weeks hols. Then possible return to work.
@MamaBee Love the name, it suits you well. I have been thinking about you, please take care!
@junebug17 I am really sorry your brother is unwell. I sincerely hope he has a speedy recovery.
@missy Giving cats medication is really stressful isn't it. We have tried everything but unfortunately just have to wrap her in a towel and stick the tablet in! ::) It is far from ideal but she must have her meds. The dose has to be increased as her thyroid levels have not come down as much as the vet would like. She us much better in herself however which is something. Plus she seems to instinctively know we are helping her as she comes for cuddles straight after having her meds.
@Slick1 Continuing to keep you in my thoughts.
@Keeliamira How are you doing?

Take care everyone x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niffler75 I’m glad Hershey knows you’re trying to help him. We experienced that with Billy. Not experiencing that with Tommy however. He acts like we’re trying to murder him. Sigh. Today we lost the battle and we’re giving up for today. :(

For a laugh I’ll share this silly video. I was learning how to pick something up without risking my vertebrae. And lol I’m laughing watching it. Hope it makes y’all laugh too. Or at least smile. I do not mind being the butt (haha) of a joke if it cheers my NIRDIs up. It’s worth it. Laugh away at this goofy video of me. I am.

:lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy it's good to learn how to pick things up correctly to not hurt your vertebrae! you don't look silly you look great! beautiful and smart. Greg looks wonderful too. Glad the late spring brought some rain but good weather too.. Thank you for your words about my Brooklyn family, Danny texted Chris that as soon as St Ann's closes for the summer (online school) the family will spend the summer at their Catskill house, altho I'm sure the big girls will ferry between Catskills, Manhattan, and the Hamptons at their dad and step mom's summer house, divorce :( Thank you for your encouragement about my choices Miss, not sure if it will stick but right now they look good Framing next Wedsday (start of).. love you Missy. have a great Thursday... do you remember this: "I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream!" I forget which ice cream made the commercial but it ALWAYS made me want ice cream.. like your pix.. how's the furkids? your mom and dad? sister, bil and girls? I hope everyone is doing very well Missy.. again love you and kids and GREG! the great.. xoxoxo

@marcy thanks Marcy for the support and kind words on my choices (so far).. I'll post links as I move on in the building.. I'm glad you like getting home early (I would too)... it's ALWAYS great to go out to eat with friends and in today's environment it's very special.. Pool party?? as soon as I can! thank you again Marcy I appreciate your thoughts and humor.. we all need humor! ..

@AV_ Hi AV I hate when I worked when the mornings sucked (every one of them ;-) sending you a sunshine and hug.

@junebug17 well, things sound on track in your basement which is good news.. how's the DS and DD? there's an 8:00 pm curfew in Brooklyn Chris says.. how are you? swimming in your gorgeous pool? hope everyone is fine and that your brother recovers quickly from his virus (whatever it is).. hot here - high of 93 today and 95% humidity, next week high of 105 coming, ugh ugh ugh.. sending you health and wealth!!! ;-) xo

@Niffler75 thank you so much for your kind words and I plan on asking you guys all for your help as we move along on this build.. hug that boy for me.. 9 they LOVE their mom's.. miss those days btw.. enjoy!

So nothing new today. John is scheduled for cataract and LASIK for this eye, to me, I'd have to correct both eyes, but he's of the mind that one eye is fine (weird? but I love him!). Haven't talked to either DS or Auti so all is copacetic as far as I know! happy Thursday!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @junebug17 I hope your brother will be fine and it’s not CV19. My friend Sue was in NY for the New Year, and was really ill, couldn’t get out of bed the whole time. She’s just had a test and hers (and Rob’s) have come back negative, so whatever it was, it shared several of the symptoms, but wasn’t. Glad the clean up work is done and you’re on the home stretch now.

@AV_ you don’t seem to be having much work/life balance at the moment, I hope you can do something fun at the weekend and spend a bit of time not working.

I hope John’s surgery goes well @Bayak, I’ve had LASIK in both eyes, and boy, what a difference. Can’t wait to see the framing going up, your floor plan is very similar to what we’re hoping to have.

We haven’t really had any rain to speak of @Niffler75 but it’s definitely a lot cooler, it actually feels quite chilly ATM/. I’ve got my bunny slippers on :lol:

Thanks @Jimmianne, did you ever see the episode of Frasier where they got Martin a robot dog and he couldn‘t get it to work? While he was on the phohe, Eddie was playing with it and making it do tricks :lol:

Breaks up the day meeting a friend for lunch @marcy, things where you are seem a lot of ‘normal’ than a lot of other places. Good idea to crochet some ties, you’ll be able to get a better fit on your mask.

Adam said Kim went to Whole Foods near them yesterday, and there weren’t many people there, so she felt very safe @missy. Glad you were able to reschedule the HVAC people so you could get out yesterday, it turned out perfectly that you were out and back before the rain. Love the Francesca stencil on your canopy, it’s so cute and a lovely way to remember her.

We got our delivery today, it was all fine, and went straight in to the freezer. I did my Zoom Pilates this morning, had the windows wide open and felt fine, so I think I was just too hot last week.

We decided to go to Costco this afternoon, we only had to wait about 5 minutes to get in, and there were controlling the numbers very well. It wasn’t crowded at all, we got what we wanted and were out quickly.

From the 15th of June, when non essential shops open, it’ll be mandatory to wear a mask on public transport, so hopefully with more people getting back to work, it’ll help keep things under control.

Can’t believe it’s Friday again tomorrow, the weeks are just whizzing by.

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy I am not quite parlez-vous-ing with ease, but have prepared conversations...can give you a tour of my house or tell you how nice my neighbors are. The first words I ever learned were « buy » and « jewelry « . What more does one need to know??

Austina, I hope I do not disappoint in the sheer ridiculousness of what I wanted to send you...a link to a toy dog on Amazon. It responds to voices with various barks and has movement. Mine has not arrived yet, but will review when it does. It is meant for seniors with some cognitive issues and I thought yep! That’s for me!! Lol

I want one of those dogs! Made by Sony????

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Hope this note finds everyone well (or as well as you can be). Troubling times. (big sigh)

A little work and some cycling. Trying to keep as positive as possible--while I must admit I don't always succeed. Looks like rain now--big ole dark cloud on the horizon.....

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies, it's a rainy Friday here. Thank goodness we made it to Friday but I am not much in the mood for saying FriYAY right now. Too much tragedy and sadness and unfairness in the world. I have reached out to all my friends who are black asking what can I do that I have not done. I refuse to feel helpless or hopeless anymore. No.

@Bayek as you know it's been challenging for many (all) of us lately and the matters of the world weigh heavily on my mind. I am so glad your family has an escape in the Hamptons, Catskills and even Manhattan is nicer in the summer as it empties out quite a bit. I am betting this summer is no exception. Yes I remember I scream you scream we all scream for ice scream haha. Love that little rhyme. I repeat it often too lol. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement and my family is doing OK. Parents are in good spirits thank goodness and while my sister is working hard she has reduced back to her normal schedule much to her boss's chagrin but it works for her. She is exhausted working so much and now she is working hard but more reasonably re her schedule hours. Greg's mom was given a prognosis of 3-5 years with treatment and 7 months without so we are hopeful she is going for treatment. At first she said she rather not but we managed to convince her. I mean she is 85 and 5 years will bring her to 90. She cannot throw in the towel. She has grandkids and kids who love her and she is sharp as a tack. So in a way the prognosis is not terrible because if she can get another 5 years at her age that is something. Though it is never enough time. Life goes by so quickly. It reminds me of the Woody Allen line. 2 ladies are in a restaurant complaining of the food not being good enough etc etc etc and then they say and the portions so small. LOL but that is sort of how I feel atm about life. So unfair and so challenging and racism and discrimination rampant. And then life is over so fast too. Not the best analogy but you get what I mean. OK enough from me already. Sending you much love and big hugs and all that good stuff. Love you Kate the Great girlie. XOXO.

@Austina glad that you and Colin are able to go out for short jaunts shopping now. That is a nice change. And glad Adam and Kim are able to enjoy shopping by them as well without braving the crowds. I am having Greg go to Costco this AM without me and later in the afternoon we might try TJs again as they were too busy the other day. It is a rainy day all day so we are attending to things we need done vs cycling today. Also a kitty intensive day so not looking forward to that. Pilling Tommy this AM was miserable. Poor little fella :(
Yay for you doing Zoom Pilates and also for getting your meat delivery and it being A OK. Woohoo! My dad received his Omaha steak order for Father's Day yesterday. Early but that works for us. Big hugs across the many miles.

@canuk-gal thinking of you and hoping your family is well. And that you enjoy more cycling this weekend and perhaps today too. We are taking the cycling day off today due to rain but hoping we can get back to it tomorrow. It is my escape from reality and I need a bit of that daily however I can get it. Real life is brutal right now. Sending you big hugs and lots of love.

@bling_dream19 how are you doing? Thinking of you and we enjoyed a huge pour of ice cream yesterday. They really spoil us there as no matter the size we order we get a large pour LOL. I had ice cream twice again yesterday. I am a glutton but mainly just trying to forget about all that is happening in the world and in our life too. Sending you big hugs. I owe you a photo and will text it to you the the hour becomes more reasonable. Big hugs.

@springerspaniel how are you and how is the family? Hope all is well and sending you hugs and lots of love and good wishes. XOXO.

@Poodles4me hope you are having a good week and sending you lots of well wishes and big hugs. To you and your DH and furry crew.

@Keeliamira thinking of you and hoping all is going smoothly. Check in with us when you can. You are on my mind. Hugs.

@Slick1 any weekend plans? I hope you and the family are doing well and thinking of your DD in Brooklyn. It's funny there are a few NIRDI kids in Brooklyn. I miss it but I am glad we are at the beach just for the fresh air and sea and ability to go cycling to get out of our heads for a bit. Big hugs and much love.

@Niffler75 what are your weekend plans? How's your little guy doing? And how is your weather? It is very warm here and has been in the mid 80s the past few days though at the shore it is a good 10 degrees cooler when the wind comes from the east which is my favorite direction while cycling for that cool breeze. Hope you have a good Friday. XOXO.

@junebug17 how is your brother doing? Did he get results back yet? Hoping he is feeling much much better and I am sending well wishes his way and good thoughts your way. XOXO.

@AV_ any weekend plans? Any ice cream adventures? How are things by you? Hope all is calm and quiet and sending you hugs across the many miles.

@Scandinavian good morning. Hope your mom and grandmother are doing well and the furbabies are A OK. Sending you hugs and love.

@Daisys and Diamonds hello Nicky. How are you guys doing? How is Melanie? You and she have been on my mind. Sending everyone healing vibes and well wishes and sending you hugs.

Greg and I had a good day yesterday all considered. Today is a busy day despite the rain and no cycling. Hope everyone has a good FriYAY and sending you all lots of hugs.

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 7.09.44 AM.png

By the way I figured out why the ice cream looked greenish. The canopy is a lime yellow/green lol and I took the pics under the canopy. Mystery solved. :lol: If only all of life's mysteries were so easily solved.

Leaving you with a cycling action photo. The sand, the sea and the salty air. Hope for a better tomorrow for all.

cyclinglongbranch.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick check in ladies..
Hope all is well.
Love the blueprints and home progress pics @Bayek so exciting! Good luck to your DH with his surgery.
@missy love the pics! Especially the beach and ice cream. Hope you have an easier day today!
@marcy did you get the ring back from sizing? Love it! I’m glad your company is taking steps to keep their employees safe.
@Austina glad you can get out some for errands. Patiently waiting to do the same here.
@junebug17 thank you for thinking of me. I’ve been feeling quite down for sure...
@Jimmianne love your new gates. What a view! Is it helping keep the prying eyes away?
@_Av Hope your work is going smoother!
@Niffler75 thank you for thinking of me. I hope your DH goes back to work soon. Furloughs are the worst.
@MamaBee hope all is well with your ds as well as your whole family. Thinking of you.
@canuk-gal enjoy your bike ride!

I am not feeling well. Sore throat, headache, tummy upset, low grade fever. We are having parade for our students to say goodbye to us at school today. I am hoping it gets rained out as I do not think it would be responsible of me to go not know what I have. Especially since DH has been working in the hospital all through the ‘Ro ‘Ro (kids’ funny name for Corona) pandemic.
We picked up Chase’s ashes, and boy, did that hit me like a truck. So sad. And feeling guilty again. I know..I know. I shouldn’t, but I do. They made a mold of his little paw. Warmed my heart!
Hugs to all ♥️
My Johnny jump ups. Love them!
4AA74698-21AC-406B-BF6C-478C78C15626.jpeg

Baby.... :(
C6150A9F-E717-44A8-830E-EE8E63D6A1EC.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results