carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Tekate I am so glad to hear your family is all doing better. Nice. I know your should has been bad for you for a long time; luckily mine only hurts occasionally. I didn’t know the limit how many steroid shots you can have; it does make sense though. About the layoffs, we are in a fading business and venturing in to a new area that costs a lot of money. We’ve been cutting and running on fewer employees anyway so this one will not be eliminating dead weight. Time will tell who gets cut. I think we are looking at a ton of layoffs with people staying home and businesses closed. I do like having a lady come clean for us; my floors always look great and I attribute that to her. We have a lot of hardwood floors upstairs. Good luck with your house bid.

@missy your friend in Canada sounds very safe. Good deal. Oh no; I hope you didn’t crack a vertebrae. That is so scary and sounds very painful. I am sure your podiatrist has an answering service for emergencies. I was telling Dee Jay that Marty brings in groceries, packages, mail and sets them all over the kitchen counters. To which then I have to go through, wipe down or throw out what I can, then wipe down the countertops and then wash my hands. Keeps me busy. Yes, less densely populated areas should not have as many cases develop. Yes, it is the best we can do focusing on one day at a time. After they recommended the stay at home for 30 more days though I did tell my BIL - that’s it; I’m not washing my hands. He countered with you’ll be washing your hands within an hour. My sister says she gets more elastic for masks tomorrow. That’s awesome she can help. I totally laughed at Gracie’s determined look to hold on to her toy. That’s awesome. I’ll go find the post you mentioned but the pack mentality here can be vicious. I hope Greg’s job is safe. Scary time, as I’ve said before I don’t know anyone personally who has the virus yet I can think of at least 2 dozen people I know who has lost their jobs.

@bling_dream19 thank you. We do have pretty sunrise and sunsets here even without an ocean view. I am with you in hoping our jobs are secure. I hope all of our jobs are secure. I could easily be happy as a homebody - except now when I know I should stay home. My car misses me - I’m sure of it.

@Austina and @missy I am remaining optimistic all those extra hospitals and hospital beds are never ever necessary.

@Austina I am sorry your mouth is so dry in the morning. My allergies tend to give me a dry / sore throat so I bought myself a kid’s sippy cup and keep it on my nightstand. I can have a sip of water if I need it or start coughing at night. I need to get my April newsletter posted today; thanks for mentioning it for me. Thanks, I hope my job is secure too. That is awesome you got your meat order delivered okay. That would be so awesome if the BCG vaccinations worked against the COVID 19. There are so many conflicting stories out there about this virus. I see according to the US CDC that the US flu numbers this year were 39 million illnesses, 400,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 deaths. Let’s hope the COVID 19 doesn’t reach those numbers.

@Niffler75 poor Hershey has had it with her thyroid meds. Poor kitty. I am glad you are getting in daily walks. My shoulder / arm isn’t too bad right now. I’ll try lifting tomorrow.

@Scandiinavian poor furbaby, she’s had too many surgeries recently. Hope she is doing much better soon. Yay for internet at the summer house. I think my shoulder / arm is a little better today. Thank you. Too bad the meat isn’t great there. We order a lot of our meat from a steak place. It’s pricey but good.

The days are definitely blending together. I have been on the phone a lot today for work. I have one more conference call to go then I might be done for the day.

If the snow doesn’t start by 5 we are grilling some filet for supper. I’m going all out on sides - cottage cheese and clementines. Hard work there.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

@Tekate glad everyone is on the mend!
@Mamabean what a gorgeous property you have!
@missy feel better soon. Go away furry throat! How are the cats getting along? Is Oliver still biting?
@marcy I'd love a grilled steak right about now.....
@Scandinavian sorry about your pooches paw

Cold snap. Guess it is a good reason to stay indoors. I have not been working and am bored. They call but I am not too motivated these days. Wonder why? lol The less I do the less I want to do.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girlfriends...I’m hoping to read all your posts tonight. I ordered Instacart last Friday...Today was the delivery. They kept pushing me to a later time today..Finally I got the message that the shopper started shopping. They didn’t have half of what I ordered so let her make substitutions which I approved. What I didn’t know was she was picking very large quantity items. I asked for two bags of white rice. She said they didn’t have the brand rice I requested but they had a different brand...
This is what she bought me...
DEF61CCE-7C18-48B7-91F0-4C6377FD5825.jpeg
That looks good...right? They are ten pounds each!
Then they didn’t have the chicken I asked for. I told her to get four or five packages of chicken to feed three people...I couldn’t give her pound estimate but told her to make a judgement and get it..
She bought family packs which are huge...She did the same with pork chops...I spent three hours wiping down all the groceries and breaking down the large sizes into small packages for the freezer. I won’t have to buy chicken for a long time. You should see the size of the bags of frozen vegetables..It looks like we will be eating mixed vegetables every night until this is over..I really appreciate that I didn’t have to go out to shop...but felt bad that she bought so much...My bill was huge so she got a huge tip..
bbl

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am not wiping my groceries or bags, should I be? I am becoming increasingly more uneasy shopping-- it isn't crowded and people are respecting distancing and sanity measures are through the roof, so I don't know why I feel that dread.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal snow is moving in here tonight. I haven’t been washing down my groceries; just washing my hands when I am done taking care of everything. I’ve been putting dish towels down to set things on then I can throw them in the washer right away. I think iit’s difficult to wash everything. If I have things that don’t need refrigerated I leave them in a bag for a day or two before I put them away. It’s a tough call.

@Mamabean nice you are well stocked with food for a while.

I worked overtime so Marty and I are splitting a small bottle of Chardonnay. I am waiting for him to fire up that grill.

Marcy

1585783901676.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am missing a few pages of NIRDI - until tomorrow.

I cannot end the day 02:42.

Cold snap. Guess it is a good reason to stay indoors. ... The less I do the less I want to do.

The first part about the weather, applies here too. There is hail & snow - perfectly nonsense by local standards [picture-worthy, really, between now and early March, the seasons look reversed.]

Just noticed today that all shops that are open now close at 14:00 - the less they do, the less they want to do [but better].

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I don’t think you could be more wrong regarding the pack mentality comment you made earlier today. I think people ”liked” the post you were referring to in an effort to show @StephanieLynn support and because people genuinely liked hearing her perspective. She eloquently stated what many Americans are feeling now. I find it strange that you came to such a negative conclusion by others liking a post.

If “Likes” are going to cause negative feelings perhaps the mods should drop this feature on Pricescope. Pricescope has strived to make this website a comfortable place for all.

I sincerely hope you are feeling better.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am not wiping my groceries or bags, should I be? I am becoming increasingly more uneasy shopping-- it isn't crowded and people are respecting distancing and sanity measures are through the roof, so I don't know why I feel that dread.

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon. In my job I had to have absolutely pristine sterile techniques and in the real world it’s just not going to happen.
But I’m wiping down my groceries that go in the fridge with a paper towel soaked in alcohol (they sell scented alcohol here by the quart).
And wash apples and oranges in the sink in hot water with dish soap.

But even the act of bringing the groceries in the house can result in contamination.
It gets so confusing to wash/wipe/wash/wipe.... It’s an endless loop. In a perfect world I would take off my clothes in the front yard, hose myself down, take all the groceries out of the bag ouside and wipe them down, etc.etc.etc. But then... is there shed virus on the sidewalk to clean? It becomes ridiculous. I feel I’m being careful but just can’t do it all. Even people who think they’re being super careful can’t do it all.
But I hope you will wipe off all grocery store items, because so many people have handled them. Stay safe :)

Hi Marcy, Roscoe wants to know what your bear’s name is, and If he likes red or white…
He is getting bored with me being on the iPad all day, and has started considering wine tasting as a new hobby!
B65DF72B-E6F5-47FB-B43B-B304290046C6.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

We got some great news yesterday afternoon. Greg's colleague (and his husband) finally got their adoption dream to come true! What a crazy time to have it happen but we are so thrilled for them. They have to drive to Florida (oy @Arcadian but they will be under quarantine for 2 weeks) and then they get their baby! And she's a girl! Anyway we are truly excited for them and amidst all the craziness and mayhem of this world right now this joyous event is happening. Just goes to show there is joy even in the middle of chaos and tragedy.

@Tekate good morning. How are you all doing? Any updates in house world? Sending you hugs and love and hoping everyone is doing well and keeping as upbeat as possible under the circumstances. Big hugs.

@marcy did the snow come in last night? How much did you get? I so agree with you re pack mentality at times on PS. There is definitely a pack mentality occasionally and I try staying away. I never regret sharing my thoughts even when they are not popular. How is your arm today? I used a heating pad yesterday on and off (mainly on) and it has helped. I think it is a strained muscle (hope it is anyway vs you know what) and I hope your arm is all better.

I am sorry about potential layoffs. Greg got a notice from the powers at work yesterday saying they aren't furloughing anyone. Though everyone is still working from home it is definitely not business as usual and work is much slower all around. And I guess people were worried and asking since otherwise why would they send that message? It was nice to get that email. Of course the worrier in me feels they can write that now but things can change depending on how long this situation takes and not only that but what happens re work health. But one day at a time. Just as for the whole world it is for us. We cannot predict what will happen but we hope for the best and we take it one day at a time.
XO.

@Mamabean wow I love that your shopper went for the big sizes because now you guys are set for a while. I love Ashlee and I am so happy you are thrilled with her. She is perfect for you and that setting DK created is gorgeous. (((Hugs))).

GM @canuk-gal and @Jimmianne

HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon. In my job I had to have absolutely pristine sterile techniques and in the real world it’s just not going to happen.
But I’m wiping down my groceries that go in the fridge with a paper towel soaked in alcohol (they sell scented alcohol here by the quart).

But even the act of bringing the groceries in the house can result in contamination.
It gets so confusing to wash/wipe/wash/wipe.... It’s an endless loop. In a perfect world I would take off my clothes in the front yard, hose myself down, take all the groceries out of the bag ouside and wipe them down, etc.etc.etc. But then... is there shed virus on the sidewalk to clean? It becomes ridiculous. I feel I’m being careful but just can’t do it all. Even people who think they’re being super careful can’t do it all.
But I hope you will wipe off all grocery store items, because so many people have handled them. Stay safe :)

I agree with @Jimmianne it is an endless loop. We don't do most of that. In fact we don't even take our clothes off after being outside...I remember with RW (July-December) we did all of that and it was exhausting especially the endless showers that caused my eczema flare. Of course we go out hardly at all so it isn't necessary but when we did go out shopping we didn't do most of that. And we probably won't.

It's hard to know for sure but I would suggest wiping them down when you bring them home if you can and then washing your hands of course. The workers in the grocery stores do a great job but people who aren't wearing masks could inadvertently sneeze or cough on a product so for that reason I think it is a good idea. I just saw a segment on the news suggesting for that reason we do. We can just do the best we can do.

Thanks for checking in with me and I am feeling much better and Oliver is doing OK. Not really biting anymore. Adopting Gracie worked. They love playing with each other and it is heartwarming to see. Tommy still gets chased however but less so. Hugs to you Sharon.

@Jimmianne I love that photo so much. I hope you are staying warm. And sending you warm hugs across Ocean. I also wanted to say how much I love that ring you shared in the other thread about pretty things. Such a magical ring. LOVE. If you ever want to part with it may I call dibs. If I can afford it that is lol. After this I have a feeling bling shopping is over for me.

I am missing a few pages of NIRDI - until tomorrow.

I cannot end the day 02:42.

The first part about the weather, applies here too. There is hail & snow - perfectly nonsense by local standards [picture-worthy, really, between now and early March, the seasons look reversed.]

Just noticed today that all shops that are open now close at 14:00 - the less they do, the less they want to do [but better].

Our stores are closing early too...the essential ones that are still open that is. How pretty you have snow. Be careful of the hail. That is never too nice to feel on one's body. XOXO.

@Scandinavian checking in with you re Furbaby. Hope progress continues with the healing.

@bling_dream19 hope all is well and you are having a good week. Sending you hugs.

@junebug17 hope you are feeling well and your family is doing well. Always thinking good thoughts for you. XO.

@Austina good morning (I think it is still morning for you). I hope you guys are doing well and getting to enjoy your garden a bit. Weather should be warming up soon. Cannot believe it is April already.

@Niffler75 how are you guys faring this morning? Just gave Tommy his pill pocket and though he has trouble chewing generally after a few tries he gobbles it right up. Hope you find a good solution for Hershey. XO.

@Slick1 good morning, I hope you and your family are all well and doing well. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

@missy, I don’t think you could be more wrong regarding the pack mentality comment you made earlier today. I think people ”liked” the post you were referring to in an effort to show @StephanieLynn support and because people genuinely liked hearing her perspective. She eloquently stated what many Americans are feeling now. I find it strange that you came to such a negative conclusion by others liking a post.

If “Likes” are going to cause negative feelings perhaps the mods should drop this feature on Pricescope. Pricescope has strived to make this website a comfortable place for all.

I sincerely hope you are feeling better.

I am feeling better thank you @Calliecake. I am sorry you find me strange in thinking what I thought. I am just being honest and I always say what I think. Which is not always popular but that is not something I plan on changing. If one doesn't like my opinion one can skip my posts. It definitely is used as a weapon at times. I wish we did not have that feature. I voted against it in the beginning just for that very reason. But it isn't up to me and Andrey is the boss of PS. Fortunately most people use it kindly. Understandably everyone is under stress more than usual and I think people's stress is coming out in different ways right now and I am grateful for those people who are here for each other. I love the NIRDIs and PSers in general and PS is a haven to escape to during such challenging times. I know many of us find comfort and solace here and I am glad it provides that for so many. I am very grateful to Andrey and all the PS admin for providing a wonderful place to be.

I sincerely hope you are feeling well too.

And @StephanieLynn knows I support her and care about her and want the best for her and her family. I keep her and her family in my thoughts. It is a scary and uncertain time for so many. I have no issue whatsoever with her. When we disagree I find we always do it very amicably. I appreciate the ability to disagree with someone and be kind about it. She is a lovely person.

Hello to everyone else and I hope everyone is healthy and doing well.
You continue to be in my thoughts. @springerspaniel @Poodles4me @sarahb @Keeliamira @Sunstorm @Daisys and Diamonds and anyone I left out warm hugs and good wishes to all of you.

We have a situation happening here in our NYC building...some of our doormen are leaving their posts and not coming back due to fear of Covid 19. I cannot say I blame them but not sure what our managing agent and the board is going to decide. It is an uncertain and scary time and never in a million years would I have thought this would happen as none of us could have imagined probably.

Speaking of scary here's Gracie again working from home. @marcy yes she is determined at everything she does lol.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 5.13.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 5.13.27 AM.png

And not to leave out the bling though @Mamabean we need some Ashlee love here...that is bling. Here are our "rings" of the day yesterday. I cannot believe how much I love silicone rings.
So comfy and I love the variety too.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 5.14.56 AM.png

You can see how dry our hands are despite moisturizing.

One other piece of good news is we paid off our beach house mortgage last month. We had such a small amount left on it and were planning on paying it off completely this year. So despite all that is happening with the economy and work and stock market etc we decided to go ahead and just pay it off finally. So no more mortgages for us woohoo. Which is good just in case anyway. During the 2008/9 recession we paid off the Brooklyn and Sea Girt mortgage so I guess we pay off mortgages during weird times. LOL

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and is keeping their spirits up. One day at a time and one hour at a time when that becomes overwhelming. Sending all of you well wishes. Have a good day girls. XOXO.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thank you for the kitty photos. I am desperate for kitty photos!
Gracie has turned out to be the absolute pin-up girl. I think an angel directed you both to each other.
Congrats on the mtg. payoff. Whew! Good to own completely.
It is not comfortable to have your doormen disappearing. I hope the board can figure something out ASAP.

Here are the two Etsy shops I have purchased from during the lockdown.
They are the nicest, kindest women.
Both went above and beyond for me, so I want to share their information. They have some nice things!
Not to tempt or enable, of couse.
:saint:

Ps. Happy to share anytime!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thank you for the kitty photos. I am desperate for kitty photos!
Gracie has turned out to be the absolute pin-up girl. I think an angel directed you both to each other.
Congrats on the mtg. payoff. Whew! Good to own completely.
It is not comfortable to have your doormen disappearing. I hope the board can figure something out ASAP.

Here are the two Etsy shops I have purchased from during the lockdown.
They are the nicest, kindest women.
Both went above and beyond for me, so I want to share their information. They have some nice things!
Not to tempt or enable, of couse.
:saint:

Ps. Happy to share anytime!

Thank you for sharing this with us @Jimmianne! I am definitely going to check that out. We are actually leaving the house now to head to the shore to top off the feeders and then go to Costco and hopefully get what we need. I will check back later. It is going to be a long day I think for us. But I am excited as I have not been out of the house for a full week I think and I need to get out lol. See you later and thanks again. And just for you...

Gracie is the boss now. :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 6.05.37 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

You don’t know how happy and relieved I am to hear that you’re feeling better @missy. I had hoped that whatever was wrong, wasn’t the dreaded CV. We have been in isolation now for 15 days, out last contact with people was 2 weeks ago yesterday when we went to the driving range, thinking we could stay well away from everyone, and the golf coach came to talk to us :roll: I should have told him to keep away from me, but I don’t like being rude. After that we had a quick stop at the supermarket, not that there was anything left on the shelves to buy, so we’re very relieved that we’re both feeling fine, and fingers crossed, we’re passed any possible contamination period.

That is such wonderful news about the adoption, and just shows us that even during all this madness, the miracle of life goes on, and someone’s long held dreams become a reality.

I think its a good idea to clear your mortgage, no matter how small, it’s one less thing to worry about during these uncertain times, and hopefully the letter from Greg’s office will remain in place and when this is over, he’ll be able to return to work. I know that’s not your overriding priority at the moment, staying well and getting through this is all that matters.

I’m sorry there are people whose opinions are so forceful they can’t see or understand anyone else’s point of view. I haven‘t seen the posts because I don’t usually comment on anything other than bling posts these days, but that is one of the unfortunate side effects of being an anonymous person at the end of a keyboard and screen. I know you to be a person of deep conviction and compassion, so if someone disagrees with you, well, frankly, their opinion is their opinion, and not relevant to what you believe.

I’ve just told Colin that you’re feeling better and he says hi and what great news.

Your pose is very familiar @Jimmianne, only without the scarf, our underfloor heating is keeping us very toasty. It’s times like these that we miss the companionship of a little (or in our case big) furry companion, just sitting quietly, and offering the comfort of being there. What else is there to do except cheer ourselves up chatting to friends and ogling bling? :D

I see you and raise you a 10Kg bag of rice @Mamabean :lol: That’s all Costco had, so that’s what we got, along with 3,300 tea bags and goodness knows how many kitchen paper rolls. I’m sorry your supplies are getting disrupted, I hear things are getting a bit more normal here, but we’re not going out to shop yet, so whenever we can get deliveries, wherever they come from, we’ll do that. Your soup looks similar to the Chicken Fajita soup I’ve been making - well, when I could get a whole chicken, but I have 3 big pots in the freezer, so we’re ok.

Did you get any snow yesterday @marcy? We’re having really bright sunny weather here, but it’s cold, just wish it would warm up, as that’s supposed to help against the CV. Yum to fillet steak, I’ve ordered some from the Scottish butcher, but haven’t scheduled delivery for several weeks, as we’ve got so much meat now, we’re in serious danger of started to moo!

We’re wiping down tins and packets when they arrive, and washing fruit and vegetables thoroughly, and after that washing our hands thoroughly @canuk-gal, I think that’s just a sensible thing to do. We didn’t used to wipe down things before putting them away before this, but life has changed, and we can only do what we can do to protect ourselves.

Ugh, your weather doesn’t sound like much fun @AV_ get to bed, stay warm and sleep.

Hi @Calliecake, hope all is well with you and your family.

How’re things with you @Tekate, all good I hope.

You’ll not be surprised to hear there’s nothing new on the cards for today, more cleaning, steaming Colin’s bathroom, playing games, and EATING :D I’ll be the size of a house when this is over, but I’m not going to worry about how much I eat at the moment, just grateful we have plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, and now a plentiful supply of meat. We need to stay healthy, and I‘ll worry about losing weight when we’re through this.

Wishing all the lovely NIRDIs a good day, can’t believe it’s Friday tomorrow, we’ve got through another week, onwards and upwards.

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
There's serious academic onslaught here; I've had to say a few 'no' to new work I do want to do ,( - running out of lifetimes.

@missy Gracie lived up to her name & you are a great portrait photographer!
I am just back from the grocers & it is really good to see them not tired for once; suppliers were at the shop this late & of course I had to try what they were bringing in [rosemary honney - this winter's harvest, old cheese, great 'red' garlick that is going into the garden this afternoon - it is the only thing that grows freely through the dought]. If there is ever a petition to keep these work hours here, I'll sign at least once with each of my first names [or run for mayor on this proposal - it'd be not boring!]

@Jimmianne May I ask if you are receiving mail & not local deliveries OK? I am getting in the mood for end of days shopping & most things are from outside Europe.

@marcy @Mamabean @Austina @Tekate @Niffler75 @bling_dream19 @OdetteOdile @Scandinavian @Calliecake - you must have noticed what my chatting proficiency is ,( ... which does not mean I am not reading, glad to hear of no disaster, fingers crossed!

This is a backwards year [snow cap today & summer on March 8]:

Screenshot_20200402-132359.png Screenshot_20200402-132450.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thank you for more photos of our pin up girl.
Yes, you have a long day...and good deeds.

Austina...under floor heating!!! I am envious =)2 but very happy you are comfortable.
Yes, I am with you in missing having pets, especially at this time. It is hard not to look at the adoption ads and “help THEM out” lol.

AV, hi. I am ordering from Amazon and getting deliveries on time. Mail deliveries are twice a week, and we are told not to put outgoing mail in the village mailboxes.
I’m shopping on Amazon.fr, and of course looking at bling from Europe on eBay.fr and Etsy.
What are your options for shopping there??

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Nirdi folks!

Just to clarify my comment in the other thread was not meant to be "forceful" at all. It also doesn't matter, at least to me, who "likes" my posts. It doesn't seem to me like pack mentality, I think there were things in my post that resonated with some people and so they "liked" it not as a means of support because they're on my side but because that is a perspective that needed to be put out there, no matter who wrote it.

If there were no "likes" it doesn't change that our scenario is a very real one for a lot of people, maybe less so on PS and that's really why it was written. It needed to be put out there. That said, I was done with it that day, there really isn't more to say on my end.

Thanks @Calliecake and @missy.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @StephanieLynn :wavey:Hope you and your family is doing - and continues to do - OK! I think these are challenging times for all, no matter what the challenge is.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne I am having some trouble receiving mail, but then, this has always been the case, so I have almost quit buying online; if things are no worse than usual, I will likely venture to try again a few things I will not worry too much about.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne I am having some trouble receiving mail, but then, this has always been the case, so I have almost quit buying online; if things are no worse than usual, I will likely venture to try again a few things I will not worry too much about.

Sounds good, AV. Go for it! :appl:
I bought a colorful 17€ duvet cover that turned out to be very nice! And a pair of tiny silver hoops, also nice.
At this time, little treats to wait for can be very pleasant.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne For each piece of mail, I expect to be chasing the postmaster around & invent politest salutations in Spanish for a week or two, but I am seriously craving some sweet wine [the syrup like variety that is served iced] etc. - things that are never brought in by local shops.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IF I have never told you that I love you girl, I DO.. you are what people need.. laughter is the best medicine.. xo

Hi Marcy, Roscoe wants to know what your bear’s name is, and If he likes red or white…
He is getting bored with me being on the iPad all day, and has started considering wine tasting as a new hobby!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharing some bright flowers with you lovely ladies.

EDC00B42-9256-415F-A30D-F20CD43D8439.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal snow is moving in here tonight. I haven’t been washing down my groceries; just washing my hands when I am done taking care of everything. I’ve been putting dish towels down to set things on then I can throw them in the washer right away. I think iit’s difficult to wash everything. If I have things that don’t need refrigerated I leave them in a bag for a day or two before I put them away. It’s a tough call.

@Mamabean nice you are well stocked with food for a while.

I worked overtime so Marty and I are splitting a small bottle of Chardonnay. I am waiting for him to fire up that grill.

Marcy

1585783901676.png

Please forgive me for replying onebyone. My head is not working today.
I love this picture Marcy! So important to feed the wildlife even though a crisis.
Just remembered a story that might amuse you (and scare @missy ? Double win! Lol). A few years ago when I was on a conference call from home, I heard a knock on the door. Looked out the window and voila! Had to tell everybody that I had to hang up because there was an elk asking for apples on our doorstep. LOL. Never feeding the elks, so no idea what it was doing there. Might have been looking for my dog? She loved to chase them a bit in the woods... Kind of funny, because she was a very little very sweet golden retriever and they were not too afraid of her really. Only one afraid was me. worrying that she might get hurt. Never did though.
hugs!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jimmianne, one of our national newspapers just announced that it would do a segment on “virtual wine tasting” lol. Not sure if late April’s fool or if they want people to but three plus bottles and join them online....

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne For each piece of mail, I expect to be chasing the postmaster around & invent politest salutations in Spanish for a week or two, but I am seriously craving some sweet wine [the syrup like variety that is served iced] etc. - things that are never brought in by local shops.

Love this post. I imagine you running in circles after the postmaster. Wish I could send you some locally produced desert wine (from a professional northern wine yard, not my kitchen, lol). Actually I could if you find me on FB and send me your address via messenger. I’m betting you are smart enough to find me via Missy if you try ;-)
Hugs!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results