shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Missy, I have thought about grief a lot in my life since my first death of my grandmother in 65.. I was 13. I don't think love has a boundary between our fur loves and human loves, this is what makes us human. WE LOVE. I do think your grief is very real, very painful and very hard, just like it is for my sister, aunt, mom, brother and Dad (and my grandmother but I've had a lot more time to form a happy place in my soul for her :) ).. I don't underestimate grief, I think our capacity to love our furkids is equal to our human kids. I would give my leg to have my Daisy Dog! back, I would. She was so different in ways from Salley, but she made me most happy and I loved her and she was my 3rd kid, no doubt and my sons loved her too, very very much. :) hope all goes well today. LOVE you too girlie.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We haven’t had any snow @Niffler75 just more blooming rain! I’m sure we’ll have webbed feet soon. Yikes, I can well imagine what a heart stopping moment that was, thank goodness your little guy was ok. My Dad lost Adam at a big shopping centre once, and all I could think was that someone had abducted him. All the staff were out looking for him and he was standing looking down through the glass barrier at the floor below, blissfully unaware of the panic he’d caused.

I meant to say yesterday @Jimmiane that those pieces are really lovely, I especially like the floral basket, look at the workmanship.

Just look at that little face @missy, keeping everything crossed that she’s RW free and can come and live with you, and occupy the little ginger rascal :lol: She looks very at home with Greg, what did he think? How did the PT go this morning? Your weather is far better than ours, it was hammering down this morning and windy, so what’s new? It’s getting beyond a joke now, we’ve had more than enough rain to last us the whole of the year I think. I feel angry that Dottie’s breeder continued to breed even when she knew she had problems in her line, not that if we’d known, we wouldn’t still have taken Dottie, but when I read of other people’s Spins living to 13 and beyond, I feel cheated, not just for us, but for my precious girl.

That must’ve been very scary for Mike & Cara @Tekate, things can change so quickly with children, and thank goodness she’s OK. My friends have recently had their kitchen redone, and they’ve gone for quartz, and it really looks good. You can even get quartz that looks like carerra marble without all the issues that Mamabean mentioned. Adam and Kim are fine, Kim’s really enjoying her job and doing well.

Hope everything went well today with DH @canuk-gal.

Did you have a great time with your gal pals this weekend @junebug17, I hope you had lovely weather to enjoy the time with them.

Never say never @marcy maybe one day Marty will achieve his dream. Sorry you’re weather isn’t great, I know you’re used to it, but some nice weather wouldn’t go amiss I’m sure. How’re things going at work?

I did speak to Shirley yesterday, she popped up 2 hrs earlier than usual, but it was fine. She was in a good mood, and we had a really good chat. She misremembered a lot of things, and while I wouldn’t indulge her when she was being awful about her DIL, these were things she thought we’d done together, and it made her happy, so I just let it go. She seems more interested in the baby, and they’re letting her hold him when she’s sitting down in the evening, (and obviously supervising) and that’s making her happy which is a good thing.

I ordered our new clubs, mine’s supposed to come tomorrow and Colin’s Weds/Thurs. We didn’t go to the gym this morning, Colin still doesn’t feel up to it, so we went to the driving range, he watched, while I hit the balls. The golf pro stopped by and gave me a few pointers, so it was a good session.

We’ve also had some good news about Adam, he’s been told his application should be done by September :dance:

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good start to the week :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve also had some good news about Adam, he’s been told his application should be done by September :dance:

WOOHOO!!! That is incredibly wonderful news @Austina!!! Fingers and toes crossed!!!
And glad you had a nice conversation with Shirley. Hope you experience some dry weather soon Austina.
Greg thought she was very sweet but she is super shy so only time will tell how it goes. I mean she is precious. I hope it works out. If she doesn't become a good playmate for Oliver I am not sure what we will do.

@missy Missy, I have thought about grief a lot in my life since my first death of my grandmother in 65.. I was 13. I don't think love has a boundary between our fur loves and human loves, this is what makes us human. WE LOVE. I do think your grief is very real, very painful and very hard, just like it is for my sister, aunt, mom, brother and Dad (and my grandmother but I've had a lot more time to form a happy place in my soul for her :) ).. I don't underestimate grief, I think our capacity to love our furkids is equal to our human kids. I would give my leg to have my Daisy Dog! back, I would. She was so different in ways from Salley, but she made me most happy and I loved her and she was my 3rd kid, no doubt and my sons loved her too, very very much. :) hope all goes well today. LOVE you too girlie.

Dear Kate I feel your pain and deep grief. I guess the more (people, animals) we love the better right? I mean though our grief is immeasurable the more we love the bigger our hearts get and one can never love too much. It is our capacity for love that makes our capacity for grief so strong...

Love and grief are two sides of the same precious coin. One does not—and cannot—exist without the other. They are the yin and yang of our lives… Grief is predicated on our capacity to give and receive love. Some people choose not to love and so never grieve. If we allow ourselves the grace that comes with love, however, we must allow ourselves the grace that is required to mourn.” – Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph. D.

“When we lose someone we love we must learn not to live without them, but to live with the love they left behind.” –Unknown

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy You must be charmed by a certain young black cat with bright white toes and whiskers ,) I am.

-

I cannot not be done with work by next week & this sort of thing never gets routine; I am just as excited as in second grade (poetry club) except for the nausea.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Hello @Drakiol

@Niffler75 sorry to hear you miss Bobby. I think the best way I’ve heard grief described is it comes in waves. It sure does for me. How scary your son ran over to a stream with fast moving water. I am glad you caught him. LOL to the paramedics joke.

@Mamabean sorry to hear David was a runner; good idea to hold on to hiis wrist. One of my nephews took off on me one time; they can be quick. I am glad you enjoy your EC. Pooh everywhere would not have been fun.

@missy it looks like a bright, sunny day there. Sweet. Those panthers are cool.

@Tekate I am sorry you’ve lost so many loved ones. It is hard for sure.

@Austiina sweet that Adam application will be ready in the fall. That is terrifying losing Adam in the mall as a kid. Sorry you are having so much rain. Today was horribly windy and snow is moving back in tomorrow. Work is okay. The new girl I hired in the fall asked our senior manager if she could move to an easier / less stressful job he has open. She moved here to get away from an abusive boyfriend that she has 2 young kids with. She seems pretty stressed most of the time. That would leave me 2 employees short. Glad to hear Shirley was in a good mood yesterday.

@AV_ good luck getting your work done.

Not much exciting going on with me. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovelies! Off to see the dermatologist for Greg's body check and for my first visit since last April believe it or not. LOL that is the longest I have ever gone without seeing David. Anyway have a wonderful morning and perhaps I will see y'all later.

@marcy it has been a gorgeous past week here but now it is raining. That's OK it's been more than our fair share of beautiful weather here so no complaints.

@canuk-gal I trust your DH is doing well and recovering from his surgical repair. Hope you are doing OK and thinking of you and wishing your DS lots of luck for his dental work later this week.

@Slick1 good morning and have a lovely day and (((hugs))).

@Scandinavian hugs and healing vibes being sent your way.

@Austina hope you and Colin are feeling completely well and hope you enjoy Pilates/Gym etc. And that the rain has stopped. Glad your new clubs are on the way. What fun that you guys enjoy golfing together. I love that. And once again congrats on Adam's soon to be USA application. Exciting times!

@Jimmianne I do not remember when you are heading to France but sending you (((hugs))) and safe travel vibes. And may I add your bling taste is impeccable.

@Tekate hugs! How is Autie doing today? I hope she is feeling much better and that her fever is back to normal temps.

@junebug17 hope you enjoyed a wonderful time with your girlfriends and are having a nice week.

@Niffler75 how goes your dog search for your son? Hope you are wearing and enjoying your beautiful new ring. Speaking of which...

@Mamabean where is Ashlee? Any updates? XO

@AV_ yes to be sure we are charmed by this little one but only time will tell what we end up doing...they all charm us to some degree. Even Oliver still. LOL. XO
I hope your excitement outweighs your nausea and that things go well.

@bling_dream19 good morning and hope you are having a lovely week. XO

@Daisys and Diamonds checking in with you and hoping all is well.

We enjoyed a wonderful long walk yesterday as the weather was amazing. I also got new glasses haha because we walked by WP and I couldn't resist. OMG so many glasses but hey I love variety and they aren't as expensive as diamonds lol.

I was wearing some crazy hot pink leggings yesterday. I was just in a pink mood.
missyandgregpinkandred.jpeg.png

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies. And hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I can’t tell you how excited we are @missy It’s been a long 5 year wait. I hope your appointments went well this morning and lol to getting another pair of glasses. I’m glad you’ve been having good weather, guess what, we’ve got more rain!!!! I’m beginning to wonder if it’s ever going to stop. We’re very fortunate that at least there’s no flooding in our area, so that’s something to be grateful for. I’m keeping everything crossed about Cookie, at least there wasn’t any hissing between her and Ollie, so there’s hope.

Oh no to snow @marcy, I think there are parts of the country here that have had snow but that’s much further up north. Will you be able to recruit someone else to fill the gap, or are you just expected to carry on regardless?

How are all the other lovely NIRDI, what’s going on with you? I hope you’re all doing well, sending big hugs out to you.

My golf clubs have just arrived, so I’m going to make sure they’re all ok.

:wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, not much happening here but had some lovely spells of sunshine and my first daffodils of the season.

@missy Wearing my ring and very much enjoying the colours thanks. We are very much at the research stage of looking at a support dog. It is such a big decision and currently I don't think our 2 cats would take to a dog. But they are sadly getting quite elderly. I am researching breeds of dog and either training through an organisation or charity, or training with a dog trainer.

@Mamabean Managed a walk today without any frantic running thank goodness! We are back to holding hands walks and even though my son is not happy it's tough. Safety comes first!

@canuk-gal I hope you and your DH are ok. Sending best wishes!

I am making progress with our bathroom upgrade. Have chosen a lovely wall colour, kind of a mid tone charcoal colour with a hint of blue. So will be attacking
the walls next. Hope everyone is ok and will check in later or tomorrow.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Hi Austina, Great news about Adam! I hope Colin is feeling better and better. Sorry about the rain, it's been on and off chilly here in Georgetown, TX. Not much new, got my hair cut!, lunch with our friends tomorrow and I saw a Mandola's on Ronald Reagan Blvd! I said to John! we must invite Austina and Colin!!! :) take care and hope you enjoy your very new clubs! xoxo

@missy I read yesterday Missy dear that grief shows one has the capacity for love, it's true. I think our group here has had a lot of grief in the last few years and I hope this year is wonderful for all our fur and human families xo You and Greg should be models, they should bottle that love and happiness you guys have and sell it, the world would be such a better place. sending you love and Greg too! xoxo

@Niffler75 Hi! daffodils! wow that is early.. I love daffodils, they remind me of my mom, she grew the.. they are spring to me! how's the little guy?

@canuk-gal all's good with your husband?xoxoxo

@Jimmianne I hope the coronavirus is gone by fall.. jeez. Italy has been hit hard I read. Just a matter of weeks before it's all over the US. Are you leaving soon? I thought it was March, but then again March is next week! xoxoxoxo (if you need safe place for your jewelry just FEDEX all to me, I'll watch over all your stuff REALLY well ;-) :)

@Mamabean hey girl, are you going to do a SMTB on your new ring? I look everyday, maybe you did and I missed it, I don't on as much anymore due to life! but as the house get's working and life settles down I will. Hope the MrBean is good and all the sons and your grandson(s)! or soon to be. all love girl

@Scandinavian sending a hi through the net to you and yours! xo

@marcy Hi Marcy.. hope all is well with you and the family! is your job much more enjoyable now that NN is gone?

Not much new, had my hair washed, cut, styled and waited for John as he has a cataract, so now he's scheduled for a cataract operation AND Lasik for his distance vision.. lucky dog on the Lasik, I am not a candidate :(

Well off to make dinner, hope all the wonderful NIRDI's are having a loving day. xoxoxo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI peeps are the greatest! I continue on duty...but honestly it isn't as bad as my DH makes it out to be.....he is already complaining so I know he is better!!!!! LOLLOL he is sleeping around--well I mean in all the rooms/beds in the house despite the Rose Nobile.....hheeeehheee :lol-2: :wavey:

Like @Tekate I am off to make dinner. I just need @Phoenix help with Pho. Too late, I am already sunk! waawaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 I hope you had fun with your girlfriends..I’ve done that a few times...It was so much fun..Did they stay over at your house?
I don’t know if you remember I ordered 4mm tourmaline drops for my huggies from Yvonne Raley. FYI That’s small! lol She was going to do drops instead of the studs she had on her Etsy page for the same price. That was so nice of her... I ordered them before Thanksgiving. They took such a long time... I would periodically ask her how they were coming along..and she would say they were stuck in the Christmas rush....They finally came two weeks ago...The jump rings were teeny tiny...There was no way to get anything through the hole. I ordered a cheap pair of 1mm wire hoops to see what could fit in them. That was the only size that would go through that hole..I hate to send anything back...I contacted her...She said she would redo the jump ring. They’re a little big but that's because I was afraid they would be small again...I sent her one of my other drops with a large jump ring.They look so cute on! The pic with the small jump rings are next to the wire hoop. The after pic is the one with the large jump ring. It actually looks cute with the bigger ring. Next time I’ll go with larger gemstones...I ran out of money so it will be next year..
Did you ever find a pair to go on your huggies?

D3F7D973-E0B9-4250-BA3E-AE6F1FE979CA.jpeg 221F4103-617B-42ED-B955-E1C0C9DE9F40.jpeg

@Niffler75 That’s great you had a good walk with your son today. That would be so wonderful for your son to have a therapy dog. I hope it works out with your elderly kitties...
David was in a happy mood today..My mom got the Echo Dot for Christmas..and she never used it. Yesterday I put it in the kitchen so we could at least use it. I asked David if he wanted to hear any songs. He said yes and mentioned a song including the band that played it. He has blown me away with his recall. He can say the full name of the song and who plays it. Since yesterday he had probably recalled twenty plus songs with bands that he wanted me to ask Alexa to play...Considering he has a low IQ..his recall is amazing. I think when we are driving he can see the name of the song and who’s singing it..He just remembered them all...OMG
@Austina That is such great news about Adam! Five years is a long time! What is the next step?
@missy I know it’s a big decision to make about what med to take. I checked in my portal...I actually am due this year for my dexa scan. My spine is very close to osteoporosis....It may already be there. I’ll have to take my head out of the sand and be ready if I have it. Have you decided what you are going to do? I think the weight training would be great. I can’t do that because of my degenerative disk disease....I hope you find a solution that makes you comfortable.
I love your pink tights! We need a perk up in this rainy weather..How did Greg do at the dermatologist? Since I had Melanoma..I have had so many biopsies...My dermatologist found a basal cell last checkup...That was a piece of cake because she just burned it off..
@Jimmianne I wondered why you used the word another in your thread. I didn’t know you have two asschers! They are so gorgeous! I found out that Ashlee is an elongated antique asscher...It’s not an emerald cut. I thought it was a combination of the two. I’m getting nervous to get the email from David with the photo...I hope I love it...OMG..I’m biting my nails..
@Tekate I did do a thread for Summer...I won’t do one for Ashlee...I‘ll post photos here and my IG...I hope everything is going well with the architect. Shatzie is on a trip to Ohio since Monday...He’ll be back on Thursday...He hates sleeping in hotels and can’t wait to get home. I hope you and the hubster feel all better now.. xxxxooo
I just saw that John has to have cataract and Lasik surgery..My mom had the cataract and Lasik surgery..and did really well...I’m not a candidate for LASIK either...
Have a good night everyone..I’ll check back tomorrow...xxxxooo

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lovely Friends! It's been a busy couple of days and I hope everyone is well!
@missy thank you for your very kind words as always. You are safe and a gem of girl to us all! Hugs to you friend. Glad you had a wonderful time at Swan Lake - love that you all took a cab and it was less stressful. And I LOVE your hot pink leggings!!! I need some! I have some great purple leopard leggings that are awesome from Loehmanns!!! Remember, Loehmann's? Did you ever shop there? I used to be obsessed and then they closed a few years and now I am so happy when I'm wearing something from Loehmann's. They are awesome quality and probably 10 years old and hubby says they look still great, plus he loves them on me lol!
@Austina Hope you enjoy your new gold clubs! That's great that you learned so that you and your hubby can play together. I was given that advice with my first marriage and I didn't listen so now with my hubby if he wants to play golf, we play golf! He hasn't asked me yet lol.
I've worn my new rings to dinner and yesterday while at work, I was given the best compliment. My client say I just love your jewelry just love everything. I beamed. It's rare to have a compliment outside of PS and my hubby!
I'll have to take a pic sometime because I need to repeat the look since I got a compliment lol! I was wearing my vintage diamond cluster earrings, my wedding heart necklace pendant, my 1 carat diamond bolo bracelet, wedding and my new oec for my rh. She was really sweet. She wants my help to give her diamond info to pass along to her bf that will be proposing soon! I am happy to help!
@Jimmianne I love your new ring setting and your diamond is gorgeous!
@marcy Yay you got to spend QT with hubby! Me too, I'm very anxious see my pink sapphire ring lol. He probably started working on it yesterday. I have been channeling my inner Marcy today and organized dvds, cds, laundry, changed my purse to my new Celine purse and of coarse, dishes. You are an awesome person!
@Tekate Hope the house plans are coming along and you are having fun! Yum to fish tacos - my dh loves them! Hope your baby Auti is all better.
Hugs and love to all! Off to cook some dinner:)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I hope your dermatologist appointments went well today. I am glad you’ve had a mild winter; that’s good since Greg had TKR. I am thrilled he is doing so well with his new knee. Sweet to get new glasses and your pink leggings look great.

@Austina wow to taking 5 years for Adam. That seems to be about the same time our friends from Canada took to become citizens. How are your new golf clubs? Sorry to hear you are still getting rain. We are going to fill at least one position before we’d let that girl move to the other job. She did talk to me about it today. I think she just wants less stress in her life. Marty is glad I have stress at work because otherwise I’d be bored and thinking of shenanigans to pull on him.

@Niffler75 you have daffodils? Enjoy! Have fun upgrading / decorating your bathroom.

@Tekate nice to get a hair cut; I see my next appointment is on the 7th. What is Mandola’s? LOL for offering to keep @Jimmiianne’s bling safe for her - good idea! I am doing well, thank you. Yes, work is way more pleasant without NN. How are you doing? Wishing John good luck with his cataract and Lasik surgery. I thought of my mom too when @Niillfer75 mentioned daffodils. She’d have some on her table as soon as they show up in stores.

@canuk-gal LOL to your DH sleeping around. I had hernia surgery and the worst park was not bending over. I milked keeping a heating pad on my stomach well past when it was necessary.

@Mamabean your huggies look great. That is great David can use Alexa to play songs he likes. That is very cool he remembers the names and singer.

@bling_dream19 is is fun when someone notices your jewelry. I definitely try to see what everyone is wearing that I see throughout the day. I am anxious to see your pink sapphire ring. I have a sentimental pink sapphire ring too; I had it made by a local jeweler. I bought an oval pink sapphire and had him use the diamond studs Marty bought me when we got engaged as the side stones. Sweet for organizing some things; Marty is about to kill me for taking care of stuff he leaves on the dining room table. If it’s there 2 days I take care of it. I should hide it and sell it to him when he realizes it’s missing. Ha! What did you cook for dinner? Thanks for the kind words.

We had snow off and on most of the night and today. Of course it’s really windy so it’s drifted again. I don’t know how bad our driveway was since it had been shoveled when I got home but quite a bit of snow was shoveled on our lawn. What’s awful is the iceberg drifts still on our streets are covered with fresh snow so you won’t know where they are.

The roads were awful going to work this morning. I found a picture of Cloris Leachman from Young Frankenstein and sent the picture to Marty and said “Stay close to the candles. The roads can be treacherous”. He responded “well played”. Of course that means nothing to you if you haven’t watched that movie. It’s one of our favorites.

I soaked my emerald / diamond band in Dawn while doing dishes tonight; then promptly dropped it on the floor; it rolled about 4 feet before falling over - I couldn’t see any chips with my loop but I do have only one good eye. As easy as our oak floor chips I telling myself it’s soft and didn’t hurt my ring.

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I hope your dermatologist appointments went well today. I am glad you’ve had a mild winter; that’s good since Greg had TKR. I am thrilled he is doing so well with his new knee. Sweet to get new glasses and your pink leggings look great.

@Austina wow to taking 5 years for Adam. That seems to be about the same time our friends from Canada took to become citizens. How are your new golf clubs? Sorry to hear you are still getting rain. We are going to fill at least one position before we’d let that girl move to the other job. She did talk to me about it today. I think she just wants less stress in her life. Marty is glad I have stress at work because otherwise I’d be bored and thinking of shenanigans to pull on him.

@Niffler75 you have daffodils? Enjoy! Have fun upgrading / decorating your bathroom.

@Tekate nice to get a hair cut; I see my next appointment is on the 7th. What is Mandola’s? LOL for offering to keep @Jimmiianne’s bling safe for her - good idea! I am doing well, thank you. Yes, work is way more pleasant without NN. How are you doing? Wishing John good luck with his cataract and Lasik surgery. I thought of my mom too when @Niillfer75 mentioned daffodils. She’d have some on her table as soon as they show up in stores.

@canuk-gal LOL to your DH sleeping around. I had hernia surgery and the worst park was not bending over. I milked keeping a heating pad on my stomach well past when it was necessary.

@Mamabean your huggies look great. That is great David can use Alexa to play songs he likes. That is very cool he remembers the names and singer.

@bling_dream19 is is fun when someone notices your jewelry. I definitely try to see what everyone is wearing that I see throughout the day. I am anxious to see your pink sapphire ring. I have a sentimental pink sapphire ring too; I had it made by a local jeweler. I bought an oval pink sapphire and had him use the diamond studs Marty bought me when we got engaged as the side stones. Sweet for organizing some things; Marty is about to kill me for taking care of stuff he leaves on the dining room table. If it’s there 2 days I take care of it. I should hide it and sell it to him when he realizes it’s missing. Ha! What did you cook for dinner? Thanks for the kind words.

We had snow off and on most of the night and today. Of course it’s really windy so it’s drifted again. I don’t know how bad our driveway was since it had been shoveled when I got home but quite a bit of snow was shoveled on our lawn. What’s awful is the iceberg drifts still on our streets are covered with fresh snow so you won’t know where they are.

The roads were awful going to work this morning. I found a picture of Cloris Leachman from Young Frankenstein and sent the picture to Marty and said “Stay close to the candles. The roads can be treacherous”. He responded “well played”. Of course that means nothing to you if you haven’t watched that movie. It’s one of our favorites.

I soaked my emerald / diamond band in Dawn while doing dishes tonight; then promptly dropped it on the floor; it rolled about 4 feet before falling over - I couldn’t see any chips with my loop but I do have only one good eye. As easy as our oak floor chips I telling myself it’s soft and didn’t hurt my ring.

Take care.
Marcy

I hope your ring is still beautiful Marcy girl! That floor is tough and your ring survived I just know it.
I cooked steak with arugula salad. My dh was closer to his apartment tonight so he is there. We move him out this weekend. It's sad bc we LOVE his apartment. We need time at my house to decide if we want to be here as well as get rid of things. We figured it was best to let go of his rental as opposed to selling my house. It's been grueling. I think we are making right decision. I hope one day we will get thr beach dream. Sweet dreams to all and hugs to you sweet Marcy.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I hope your ring is still beautiful Marcy girl! That floor is tough and your ring survived I just know it.
I cooked steak with arugula salad. My dh was closer to his apartment tonight so he is there. We move him out this weekend. It's sad bc we LOVE his apartment. We need time at my house to decide if we want to be here as well as get rid of things. We figured it was best to let go of his rental as opposed to selling my house. It's been grueling. I think we are making right decision. I hope one day we will get thr beach dream. Sweet dreams to all and hugs to you sweet Marcy.

Marcy I would love to see your pink sapphire band sometime!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, those dangles are so pretty and I'm glad they're working for you. I never found dangles online that would work. I ordered crystal ones and they're pretty but heavy. Can't wait to see your new ring, it's going to be amazing. Your Naomi band is beautiful! You have a fantastic jewelry collection.

@bling_dream19, I remember Loehmanns! I really liked that store. Your lavender spinel ring is gorgeous. Beautiful color and I love Maytal Hannah's work. And the cocktail ring is amazing, love the intricate details. It's great David had a setting that will work with your pink sapphire. Can't wait to see it. So nice you got complimented on your jewelry...I know we wear it because we like it but it feels good to hear someone else appreciates it too.

@marcy, lol to a webcam in the kitchen; it's amazing how fast those dishes pile up. Excellent job on the lifting. Good to hear that Marty has two new clients. Nice that you and he had some quality time together. Lol to that line from Young Frankenstein! Love that movie. Thank goodness you didn't chip your stone. Be safe in that snowy, icy weather.

@missy, sorry about the osteoporosis diagnosis but you are in good hands medically and at least there are treatments for it. And good luck on deciding which one is best for you. Cookie is adorable and good luck with that decision too. Really nice that you and Greg had a great time at Swan Lake, must have been fun doing something special. Your mother is so lovely.

@Austina, sorry you've been having pain and I hope you're doing better. and I'm glad Colin is feeling better. Wonderful that you found clubs cheaper online. I finished watching Safe and now I'm on to The Five. Trying to be good and watch only one episode a night...doesn't always happen lol. I'm glad Shirley was in good spirits. I think you're doing the right thing by just going along with her. Sorry about all the rain, can get depressing after a while. Great news about Adam's application!

@canuk-gal, sending lots of healing vibes to your dh, sorry he needed surgery and I hope he's doing ok. And hoping for smooth sailing for your son on his root canal. I really think he'll do fine. I hear you on the worrying, I don't think it ever stops!

@Niffler75, love your garnet ring! The colors are beautiful and look great together. What a scare you had with your son running suddenly. Sorry that happened and glad he's ok. Lol to that running meme! Your bathroom choice sounds really nice, redecorating can make such a big difference.

@Tekate, oh no to Auti having such a high fever. Hate hearing that. Poor thing, I hope she's doing better. So tough on Mike and Cara too. It really stinks that your shoulder is so painful; dealing with chronic pain is exhausting. Too bad John needs work on his eyes but how great he'll be able to see so much better.

@Jimmianne, not sure on golf, maybe I'll try the driving range some day. Your new Sepkus band is stunning! Love your haircut; you have beautiful hair. Really cute pics of the animals and their colorful coats! Your revamped setting looks fabulous. It is so great that you have a bench close by who does such amazing work. I'm glad you are fully enjoying your diamond and ring now. So interesting to learn you were a scientist in oncology, didn't know that about you!

I had a nice time with my girlfriends...one of my friends lives at the beach and we stayed there. We went to a few antique stores, ordered in for dinner, and watched a movie. And of course gabbed a lot lol. I've been having congestion, headache, and some eye swelling (lovely, ugh) Got checked out and it's probably just sinusitis. I'm feeling better today so on the mend, just something that has to run its course.

Have a great week everyone!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys
Just checking in. I’m sitting in a cafe at CDG waiting for my train.
Great flight... only half full and I was given two seats. Slept lying down through most of the flight. A real gift as I was seriously considering upgrading to business class so I could sleep. (Coming down with something and feeling pretty wonky).
It’s snowing here.
Roscoe reading his menu. He was thrilled to have his own seat for take off!
EAE9EB63-3AAA-4DC6-8EEB-7C7A54805CD1.jpeg
June, thank you, and I hope you feel better soon. xx

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you’ve arrived safely @Jimmianne, the news here is not reporting any problems with CV where you you're heading.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you’ve arrived safely @Jimmianne, the news here is not reporting any problems with CV where you you're heading.

Austins, thanks. That’s good. I am concerned about my best friend who is arriving from the States in six weeks. There may be a change in travel plans!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you have safely arrived @Jimmianne and I hope you start feeling all better very soon! Welcome back to your home away from home and while we are missing you here in the USA we know France is lucky to have you. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. I am back. Needed a refill on my coffee and needed to clean little Oliver's litter box. Whew he is stinky. :lol:

Not much new, had my hair washed, cut, styled and waited for John as he has a cataract, so now he's scheduled for a cataract operation AND Lasik for his distance vision.. lucky dog on the Lasik, I am not a candidate :(

Good luck to John. When is his cataract operation scheduled? Are they doing Lasik at the same time? Your hair looks great on that hair thread @Tekate. I love it!
(((Hugs))) and love to you Great Kate.

I can’t tell you how excited we are @missy It’s been a long 5 year wait. I hope your appointments went well this morning and lol to getting another pair of glasses. I’m glad you’ve been having good weather, guess what, we’ve got more rain!!!! I’m beginning to wonder if it’s ever going to stop. We’re very fortunate that at least there’s no flooding in our area, so that’s something to be grateful for. I’m keeping everything crossed about Cookie, at least there wasn’t any hissing between her and Ollie, so there’s hope.

I am so excited for you @Austina , truly! Thanks for all your good wishes.
Hope your weather is drying out. We walk despite the rain and it was drizzly all day yesterday but we did enjoy a nice walk. It was mild still so that helped. Today is much colder I think. Hope you and Colin are feeling much better. XO

Haha I love that. Well played indeed Marcy. Oy about dropping your emerald diamond band and hopefully no chips. The oak floor is soft and I think you are OK. But scary yes. We have all dropped our gems. No no no. Stay careful out there especially driving. Sounds treacherous. Hold on, Spring is coming!

@Scandinavian hope you enjoyed your time away at the cabin and glad to hear all is OK. Continued well wishes and hugs.

I had a nice time with my girlfriends...one of my friends lives at the beach and we stayed there. We went to a few antique stores, ordered in for dinner, and watched a movie. And of course gabbed a lot lol. I've been having congestion, headache, and some eye swelling (lovely, ugh) Got checked out and it's probably just sinusitis. I'm feeling better today so on the mend, just something that has to run its course.

Sweet you enjoyed a wonderful visit with your girlfriends and I am sorry you were feeling a bit poorly right and hope you are now well on the mend. Have a lovely Wednesday Junie.

@missy thank you for your very kind words as always. You are safe and a gem of girl to us all! Hugs to you friend. Glad you had a wonderful time at Swan Lake - love that you all took a cab and it was less stressful. And I LOVE your hot pink leggings!!! I need some! I have some great purple leopard leggings that are awesome from Loehmanns!!! Remember, Loehmann's? Did you ever shop there? I used to be obsessed and then they closed a few years and now I am so happy when I'm wearing something from Loehmann's. They are awesome quality and probably 10 years old and hubby says they look still great, plus he loves them on me lol!

Oh I have no doubt they look amazing on you! And yes I loved Loehmanns and remember them well. I used to shop there when I was young and had the energy to pick through all the clothes that were scattered all about. Some great deals to be had there. Sad they closed but such is life and there are always stores online or off to replace them. But yes it was fun shopping there and some great finds indeed.

@missy Wearing my ring and very much enjoying the colours thanks. We are very much at the research stage of looking at a support dog. It is such a big decision and currently I don't think our 2 cats would take to a dog. But they are sadly getting quite elderly. I am researching breeds of dog and either training through an organisation or charity, or training with a dog trainer.

I am making progress with our bathroom upgrade. Have chosen a lovely wall colour, kind of a mid tone charcoal colour with a hint of blue. So will be attacking
the walls next. Hope everyone is ok and will check in later or tomorrow.

Sounds like a smart plan and good luck with the process re dog researching. It is a big decision and you are wise to take your time. Glad you are making progress re the bathroom upgrade. Fun redoing a room and enjoying the finished work. Fresh and clean and it feels good. Glad you are loving your new ring. Colorlicious. Glad you enjoyed a lovely walk with your son yesterday. Hugs to you and your son and your sweet kitties.

@canuk-gal glad all went well and good luck with taking care of the patient(s). And good luck to your son on his upcoming dental work. One down and one to go. XO.

@missy I know it’s a big decision to make about what med to take. I checked in my portal...I actually am due this year for my dexa scan. My spine is very close to osteoporosis....It may already be there. I’ll have to take my head out of the sand and be ready if I have it. Have you decided what you are going to do? I think the weight training would be great. I can’t do that because of my degenerative disk disease....I hope you find a solution that makes you comfortable.
I love your pink tights! We need a perk up in this rainy weather..How did Greg do at the dermatologist? Since I had Melanoma..I have had so many biopsies...My dermatologist found a basal cell last checkup...That was a piece of cake because she just burned it off..

Love the earrings Joanne. Greg has a suspicious area but because of his TKR being just a little over 6 weeks ago we decided to put it off until May due to increased infection risk at the knee surgical site. But that is now June since Greg couldn't get a convenient appointment. Not sure if I am OK with that but we will see. It was a stressful day for me for various reasons. I hope you do not have osteoporosis. I think my being too thin was a big contributor to it so maybe you will be A OK. Not so good being too thin and I have known that for decades but it is hard to undo certain things and well I do the best I can but it isn't always good enough if you kwim. Glad you had just a basal cell at your last checkup. Melanoma is an insidious killer and Greg still goes every 3 months or so but now of course I am second guessing the decision to wait on this biopsy. Sigh.
Have not started weight training yet. So much on my plate. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Enjoy a good day dear Joanne. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope all is well and that you are feeling good and enjoying a nice week. XOXO.

@AV_ hope you are enjoying a productive and fun week. XO.

Yesterday right after I saw David and was waiting for Dr P to come in and examine Greg my rheumatologist called and my PTH is elevated. So now he wants me to wait on the OP meds and start calcium and he will recheck my PTH in 2 months. Oy. And David (before the rheumatologist called me) referred me to a rheumatologist he likes at NYU. That appointment is mid April. But I just don't know what to do.David feels I must go on any of the OP meds because OP in the spine is terrible. Not conducive to a good active life so he feels despite the meds not being great it is my best chance. What a choice. :/

Dr P found slightly suspicious area on Greg that we are not going to biopsy til next visit due to possible infection risk due to his TKR. We all decided to wait but I am second guessing it. However he is getting another mole safe on that spot in a couple of months so if anything that will show change. And if we need to see Dr P sooner.

Lots on our plates these days but truthfully we have had a lot on our plates for a long while now. Life continues and we continue to do the best we can. Enjoyed a lovely walk in the rain yesterday and off to PT this morning. Have a wonderful day lovely ladies.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 5.01.47 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean the earring drops are lovely, I really like Yvonne Raley's stuff. Soo count down to Christmas bday money! This year spend it all on one big piece you have always coveted! I wish John would give me money like your husband, but one we are retired and don't have the income we had when we were working, and two we and Mike and Cara started a college fund for Auti and thus we put our extra monthly income there for her dunno what we will do if they have another one! or Christopher finally has a child.. worry about that later. I am worried about going to Europe in the fall, let's hope that coronavirus has died down. sending hugs and buckets of love your way.

@canuk-gal hope your dinner came out delish, mine did! xoxo

@junebug17 so how's you and your family? I have to say June it is nicer to be close to Mike but I miss Chris.. it's tough.. I hope your sinusitis is much better June and very happy you had a great time with your posse! sending love your way

@bling_dream19 your bling is beautiful.. I know what you mean about compliments on your jewels, the only person besides my family that has awed on EVER was the girl at McDonald's months ago! We are a special group us bling lovers! xoxo

@missy Please don't mess around with parathyroid stuff! PLEASE. How's your calcium level? have you mentioned parathyroid disease? PLEASE PLEASE. Why is your PTH elevated? take your calcium.. Hmm on not wanting to biopsy Greg's possible suspicious mole.. it's great he get's checked out often. Jeez Louise on all the things going on for you and Greg. I know NYC has the best doctors in the world so I am not too worried but doctors are busy too.. take care sweetie.. love to you and Greg. And MIssy, eat what's on your plate one at a time, what's most important to you goes first (I know that is Greg).. take care of MISSY. xoxoxoxo

@Niffler75 I love support dogs but also I LOVE DOGS, all kids benefit from animals, and your son will too. My older son told me that our Daisy was the reason why his high school years were not as horrible, she was always there for him, loved him and he loved her back. As the mom of your son you know what is best for him. You are his advocate and his warrior. xoxoxoxo

Going out to lunch with our friends in Austin, they travel incessantly, they are due to go to South America this Friday, I of course will try to talk HER out of it, probably no luck but I'll try, she has a pacemaker and ICD unit in her chest of course.. so her heart has improved immensely over the last 2 years since she had sudden cardiac arrest which they attribute to an unknown virus attack on her heart, she's looney, that's why she and I have been s close and fight btw :) these last 35 years.. I told her I would stay with her while husband travels (he has 2 stents in his heart). He will retire the end of this year so it's just the waiting game.. she s a pain in my a$$ and I love her with all my heart.... so off to El Dorado for lunch in 45 mins.

HI to everyone, I'm trying to get into a groove here to read more.. anyway, everyone has a super day, sending hugs to all! xo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m running out the door myself @Tekate...I had to get my fix and check on you guys...
I don’t have any more money left for bling...Nada...I spent it all..Haha..It will be over a year before I get anything else...I’m just waiting on Ashlee to be done..but I did put the money aside for the setting. I also have a one carat lab diamond pendant coming from Lightbox. I will wear it in its 10k white gold setting until who knows when. Anything I get next year will be put towards the upgrade in color of the ACA.... Shatzie knows I make his life easier and more normal. I think my mad money on my birthday and Christmas is his way of saying thank you..We also put money in an account for Jackson’s college fund...
Enjoy your lunch! I haven’t had Tex Mex food in such a long time! Yum!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I hear you about flying friends - I have plenty too, they tend to go to conferences & no direction seems safe now; after a week of deliberations, the consensus is to keep going everywhere is permitted by the powers that be (since who knows what is safe). I, for once, I have one more reason to be happy not to travel anywhere I can't walk to - that is to say, a few hundred miles of mountain paths; the best time is now.

@missy In the last photo, you look like a proper Beefeater! Uh, for the many health scares ,( Ca is the one medicine I am happy to take - simple enough; the rest, not so much - I'd want to use them for as little time as possible.

@marcy How is the lifting business? I remember that some affiliation with a local clinic was in the works & it seemed serious, it is a big deal here.

-

some day I'll catch up

@Mamabean YES, NIRDI is a 'fix'!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy In the last photo, you look like a proper Beefeater! Uh, for the many health scares ,( Ca is the one medicine I am happy to take - simple enough; the rest, not so much - I'd want to use them for as little time as possible.

Oh I’d be happy to try on, ermm, I mean guard the Crown Jewels any day. 8-)

@Tekate enjoy your lunch. Yummmm.

@Mamabean you have done very well in the bling department. ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I’d be happy to try on, ermm, I mean guard the Crown Jewels any day. 8-)

@Tekate enjoy your lunch. Yummmm.

@Mamabean you have done very well in the bling department. ❤

@missy I’m actually happy that I’m bling broke! No more obsessing about what to get! :twirl:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey:

Another quiet day here. My son helped me order some bird food for our garden birds. He absolutely loves them and finds it relaxing to watch them. We have lots of trees around us so watching what species come into the garden is a source of great interest for him.

@Tekate Thanks for asking after my boy. He is great, funny, growing very fast. Eating everything! I dread to think how much he will eat when he's a teen! :lol-2: I am a huge advocate for animals as support. I really think a dog t will help him manage his social anxiety and sensory processing issues.

@missy I hope you and Greg are ok. You both have a lot on. Please look after yourselves and get some rest. Hope you are on that calcium, I was actually going to ask you about that yesterday!

There is a really good book written by an adoptive mum with a son with FASD who trained the first support dog for use with a child with FASD. I'll find the reference for anyone who is interested. It is a brilliant book.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Think of doubling your current food bill when he’s a teenager @Niffler75 :lol: Do you have a good bird book that you can look at whilst bird watching, I hope so, it’s fun to try and identify them.

Hope the rest of your journey went smoothly today @Jimmianne and you’re settled back in to French life.

I hope you enjoyed your lunch out with your friends today @Tekate, and yes, definitely, lunch at Mandolas is a date. We’ll be there in May, can’t remember the dates as yet, but I’ll let you know. I’m so pleased I had laser eye surgery, it’s made so much difference, and I hope John will benefit from it too.

Lol to have not more bling money and the benefits @Mamabean, with so much to look forward to, I can’t imagine there’s much else you want. :lol:

:lol: @AV_ you’re right, Missy does look a little like a Beefeater, (even though we know she doesn’t!)

I saw how brutal the weather is where you are @marcy, please keep safe and warm it’s a good job you and Marty have the cars you have. Mind you, if you didn’t you could always use that as an excuse not to get in to work ;-)

Oh no @missy, I’m so sorry you’ve got even more things to worry about. You just can’t catch a break. Are there any major cons to not taking the OP meds now or for Greg waiting for his biopsy? I know it’s a trade of for Greg, but how big is the area that will be biopsied, is there likely to be a big difference if he waits? I know it must be very daunting when you’ ve got 2 health professionals giving you conflicting advice. Does the calcium affect the thyroid meds? I know you will do your research and make an informed decision about what to do, but you don’t need the extra stress and aggravation.

Colin went for physio this morning and he’s popped 3 cartilage between ribs, probably caused by coughing :???: He’s booked up more appointments, as they’ve advised 5 in all, which will just take us up to when we go away. My shoulders are a bit sore from the pummelling yesterday, but it feels freer, and I enjoyed my golf lesson.

Got to take my car in for a service tomorrow, so an early start.

I hope all the other lovely NIRDIs are well. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys
Just checking in. I’m sitting in a cafe at CDG waiting for my train.
Great flight... only half full and I was given two seats. Slept lying down through most of the flight. A real gift as I was seriously considering upgrading to business class so I could sleep. (Coming down with something and feeling pretty wonky).
It’s snowing here.
Roscoe reading his menu. He was thrilled to have his own seat for take off!
EAE9EB63-3AAA-4DC6-8EEB-7C7A54805CD1.jpeg
June, thank you, and I hope you feel better soon. xx

@Jimmianne. Glad you had a Safe flight. I love Roscoe. Feel better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results