shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

HI:

@missy--sorry about your meds Total bummer. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't your neck of the woods get a fair amount of snow in the winter? Just seems rainy instead of the white stuff. Cute hat!

@Jimmianne I am looking forward to your deliveries also! I am sure your hair looks great--I always like mine after its cut--less weight. I need a trim soon as well.

Hope everyone who needs healing vibes gets these!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

You are quite correct Sharon. So far, not much snow at all here which is off the average. I am pleased about that. :appl:

Hope you are staying comfy cozy.

Hmm checked stats because your post got me thinking and this is interesting.

The average winter snowfall in New York City is about 25 inches, so for the 2019-20 season, Ocean Weather Services is predicting that the 2019-2020 winter in New York City will most likely be between 24 and 32 inches.

When-does-it-snow-in-NYC-e1543594715345.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ooo that’s lovely @marcy, Marty must be really pleased with it. Colin doesn’t wear any jewellery, he doesn’t even wear a watch now he just uses his Fitbit. It’s been pretty windy here, but at least it wasn’t freezing.

How did the bowling go @canuk-gal - did you hit any strikes?

I ‘think’ there might be organisations who can help you find the right dog as a support dog @Niffler75, I’m not sure if I’ve read it, or imagined it, but I’d be surprised if there isn’t. I’m a firm believer in children being brought up with pets, it teaches them so much and they benefit hugely from the relationship.

I’m so sorry @missy, this really sucks. Is the older formulation available anywhere else in the world? Please don’t give up hope that the other drug, expensive as it is, won’t work. Maybe if it becomes more popular the price will go down, you can’t be the only person who needs it. Honestly, it’s obscene that drug companies can make so much money out of life saving drugs :x2

We’re looking forward to seeing you soon too @Tekate, and hopefully you’ll have some plans to show us.

I had a 3 hour conversation with Shirley on Sunday, and she was really fine, very calm and we had a good talk. She emailed me this morning to say sorry she’d missed chatting on Sunday, but they’d slept in.

I didn’t go to Pilates today, my shoulder was hurting, so we went to Costco for a few things. It was lovely this morning, but by this afternoon, it was pouring with rain again. We’re so lucky here, there are so many people whose homes have been flooded and they’ve lost everything.

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDI, hope you’re all ok :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy your lifting is magnificent. I so admire what you do.. being strong was always very important to me, don't know why but I was always very very strong. When I had my DNA done by 21andme a report came back saying my DNA showed the same DNA as super athletes (ahahahahahahaha) and I had endurance, I think I USED to be much more able to endure pain that is for sure. :) LOVE Marty's new ring, I think a matcher would look great, it's unique, modern and love the 2 tone.. GREAT TASTE!.

@missy way to go on the stationary bike.. so happy for Greg, in a few more weeks he's going to be happier physically than he has been in years.. as you know, constant pain get's one down :( We have to go to the tea place! I am a true tea drinker more than anything..I never become a coffee drinker, but I do LOVE sweet coffee cold drinks and I will drink coffee if there is not tea (like last year in Dominican Republic).. Missy, what about having it made by the compound pharmacy, we have one up here in north Austin area... it is expensive, the formula for my rosacea was changed and since then I've been having breakouts and burning etc (and this isn't even life threatening). I HATE when they change the ingredients on a medicine that works. I have to pay 800.00$ for a bottle of my rosacea cleanser if I can't find a coupon and as I said, it's changed now, the last time insurance paid for my cleanser was in 2014 when John had cobra for 18mos after retiring from Intel. Since then Obamacare and now Medicare wont pay for it.. they tell me to try OTC oil free acne washes, as though I have acne! jeez I tried that stuff 20 years ago and makes me face worse.

So I feel for you very much @missy I know you and you will do what is best for you but your health and life is important to EVERYONE who loves you and especially Greg, Mom and Dad, Sis and nieces (and probably BIL but I don't remember you ever mentioning him).. Please do take care.. sending love to you... and Greg and kids. xoxoxoxoxo

@Austina storms all gone? you are probably asleep now.. say hi to Colin and sending you a huge lovely HUG. xoxoxoxo oh btw that sounds wonderful that you and Shirley had a nice conversation! I always hope that people are going through depression rather than dementia. My shoulder always hurts, it wakes me up, I've had at least 3 steroid shots over the last few years, waiting on my referral to a orthopedic surgeon so I can find out how to handle this pain and what we will do, also my hips.. Loose weight is one thing they will all say :) xoxoxo

@canuk-gal don't worry about keeping up.. just drop in when you can! xoxoxo

@Scandinavian sending healthy dust your way.. hope all is well.. xoxoxoxo

@Mamabean hey lady! you are special.. as we all are but you are special in many wonderful ways, especially as a mom! sending love xoxoxoxo

@Calliecake America is doomed. Hope you and your family are well Callie.. sending love xoxoxox

@Slick1 sending healing and happy dust to you girl! xoxoxoxo

@AV_ Hello! hope all is well.. I know you saw MrsB's new emerald, what a gorgeous, beautiful emerald cut diamond.. I cannot wait to see how she will set it.. her taste is impeccable.. I love emerald cuts but as EVER is forever I just love to gawk! sending hugs xoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne I'll bet your hair looks awesome! anyone who cuts her own hair, likes it, and know's she did the right thing is MY KIND of girlfriend.. looking forward to your goodies.. and hope you are having good weather Jimmi.. sending love your way.. xoxoxoxo

Nothing new, rain day today. Salley is sleeping, sandwiches for dinner and life goes on.. love you guys!

xo

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy fyi, Chris is renting a place in Clinton Hill starting 3/1 near danny! he's happy about it, it's more expensive than his last studio in Williamsburg but he didn't have to pay the FEE to a broker for nothing and he likes this area better than Williamsburg, he feels more restaurants and bars.. Katie said she liked where he is now and there are places to go but Chris has to walk farther than he does.. Fair enough I'd say.. All is good as far as I can tell in Brooklyn, Danny is in Colorado with the fam skiing. Kate is working.. love you girl.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niffler75 yes I am sure those things get to you and I feel for you, but you are a wonderful mother, NIRDIs only attracts great moms. xoxoxoxoxo

@junebug17 HI June! xoxoxo

@sarahb Hola and hope all is well with you!

xo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@canuk-gal I have the same allergies you do; and this time of year I especially a getting sick of it. I like Marty's ring too; when he couldn't wear it anymore I was hoping it fit my index finger so I could inherit it; but sadly it was too big for my index finger. I'll have to catch Jumanji 2 - I liked the other movies.

@missy I totally think Cat Girl works for you. Sweet. I am glad you enjoyed visitng the rescues this weekend. I don't know if I can watch that show about cat rescuers; animal shows tear me up. I get way too upset. It might not be a bad idea to get a playmate for Oliver but it's hard to say how that would work out. No you don't need more stress in your life. I am so sorry to hear about the medicine problems - availability, changes and cost. I hope that gets worked out for you immediately. Your story wasn't confusing once I looked at the picture; I do better seeing than hearing. Great picture of you and Greg and nice that you caught up with M.

@AV_ good point about the color standards for cornflower and lotus sapphires coming from flowers. Love those colors.

@Jimmianne I am with you on not liking hair on my face I keep having them cut bangs then I pin them to the side because they drive me crazy. I have been having my hair cut off at about chin length. I have too much hair to wear a pony tail so I'd leave mine longer too. The parts of Marty's ring do not move. His last band had 3 rows that all spun; he never let me clean it though so it was sticking. I hope your ring and makeup show up.

@Niffler75 you dear son's review of his party tells me he absolutely loved his birthday and had a very special day. You can't ask for a better review than that. Your weekend sounds perfect to me. Looking for a support dog sounds like a great idea.

@Austina thank you. Marty has been wearing one of those silicone bands since he lifts all the time but all of a sudden he wanted to wear his nice band again. I think when he meets people for work he likes to dress up. Marty likes watches as much as I like rings so he has quite a collection. He wears a watch plus his Apple watch. That' nice you had a good conversation with Shirley this weekend, I am sorry she forgot she talked to you though. I hate to hear your shoulder is hurting; I wonder if your weather is making it worse? I hope you are feeling better.

@Tekate that is awesome your DNA test came back with the strength of a super athlete. Your super hero name is Super Kate? I tease people at work that my DNA test said I was 78% percent victim. Of course I was making fun of that is what my old employee NN probably had in her DNA. Thank you for your kind words about me sticking to lifting; I am kind of shocked myself. Sandwiches on a rainy day sounds great. Take it easy.

I totally agree for the amount you pay your accountant they can enter your stuff for you. I have been nagging Marty since last week to get our appointment. We are trying someone new that was recommended to us by one of his clients. Wish us both luck.

I got up about 30 minutes early today to watch Mars pop out after being occulted by the moon. Marty had to work late last night so was sleeping in one of our guest bedrooms. Since I didn't want to open the door and go out on the patio and risk waking him up; I opened the shade and was able to see the show from inside. I used binoculars and watched Mars magically appear. How fun is that?

Today was house cleaning day so hopefully Marty ate out today and I won't have dishes to clean up. I miss him traveling so much when I could have a clean house for a few days.

Sunshine and no snow today. Woo hoo! Of course that stinking wind chill is not fun

Take care
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you are a sky geek of the best order!

Both my tiny dog and big orange cat are having dental work today. I hate this. For them, and for me.
The cat has been yowling to go out since three am and I’m getting ready to kill him.
Three hours to go before I drop them off.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. It's Wonderful (I hope) Wednesday!

@missy fyi, Chris is renting a place in Clinton Hill starting 3/1 near danny! he's happy about it, it's more expensive than his last studio in Williamsburg but he didn't have to pay the FEE to a broker for nothing and he likes this area better than Williamsburg, he feels more restaurants and bars.. Katie said she liked where he is now and there are places to go but Chris has to walk farther than he does.. Fair enough I'd say.. All is good as far as I can tell in Brooklyn, Danny is in Colorado with the fam skiing. Kate is working.. love you girl.

Woohoo that is super exciting and Clinton Hill is a great neighborhood! And not far from us either. I hope Chris loves living there and near Danny too. That is sweet! Glad all is well with the kids. Please tell Kate we send our best and say hey and though we never met Danny or Chris please tell them hello too.

@missy way to go on the stationary bike.. so happy for Greg, in a few more weeks he's going to be happier physically than he has been in years.. as you know, constant pain get's one down :( We have to go to the tea place! I am a true tea drinker more than anything..I never become a coffee drinker, but I do LOVE sweet coffee cold drinks and I will drink coffee if there is not tea (like last year in Dominican Republic).. Missy, what about having it made by the compound pharmacy, we have one up here in north Austin area... it is expensive, the formula for my rosacea was changed and since then I've been having breakouts and burning etc (and this isn't even life threatening). I HATE when they change the ingredients on a medicine that works. I have to pay 800.00$ for a bottle of my rosacea cleanser if I can't find a coupon and as I said, it's changed now, the last time insurance paid for my cleanser was in 2014 when John had cobra for 18mos after retiring from Intel. Since then Obamacare and now Medicare wont pay for it.. they tell me to try OTC oil free acne washes, as though I have acne! jeez I tried that stuff 20 years ago and makes me face worse.

So I feel for you very much @missy I know you and you will do what is best for you but your health and life is important to EVERYONE who loves you and especially Greg, Mom and Dad, Sis and nieces (and probably BIL but I don't remember you ever mentioning him).. Please do take care.. sending love to you... and Greg and kids. xoxoxoxoxo

Yes we will definitely go to the tea place when you visit. That's a great idea. I am so sorry about your med woes and I feel your pain. It is incredible that our heath care and health insurance is the way it is in this country. Very sad and very disappointing. The politicians should be ashamed of themselves. Shame on them! Crooked at best and evil at worst. DOn't get me started. Even if a politician starts out honest they turn quickly from what I can see. Very angry at them and at the health care situation in the USA. :( Have you tried Soolantra @Tekate I really like that topical med for my rosacea. I am relieved because my prior authorization was approved for my Oracea med and thank goodness because that med would have cost $600-800 a month. Sweet relief. For as long as they keep saying it is OK that is...the insurance companies keep changing what they approve. I used to get it for much less but now that it is no longer a Cigna formulary med I pay more. But it is manageable and for that I am grateful.

I had a 3 hour conversation with Shirley on Sunday, and she was really fine, very calm and we had a good talk. She emailed me this morning to say sorry she’d missed chatting on Sunday, but they’d slept in.

I didn’t go to Pilates today, my shoulder was hurting, so we went to Costco for a few things. It was lovely this morning, but by this afternoon, it was pouring with rain again. We’re so lucky here, there are so many people whose homes have been flooded and they’ve lost everything.

Glad you caught up with Shirley and that she is doing well. I am sorry your shoulder is still hurting @Austina and when are you seeing the healthcare provider about it? Are you doing therapy? Ugh your rain is unrelenting but glad you are not flooding and so sorry about the people whose homes are flooding. :(
Glad you were able to enjoy some dry weather in the morning and also had a Costco run. Sweet. Thanks for your encouragement re the meds. One day at a time. Hugs.

I got up about 30 minutes early today to watch Mars pop out after being occulted by the moon. Marty had to work late last night so was sleeping in one of our guest bedrooms. Since I didn't want to open the door and go out on the patio and risk waking him up; I opened the shade and was able to see the show from inside. I used binoculars and watched Mars magically appear. How fun is that?

Today was house cleaning day so hopefully Marty ate out today and I won't have dishes to clean up. I miss him traveling so much when I could have a clean house for a few days.

Sunshine and no snow today. Woo hoo! Of course that stinking wind chill is not fun

Wow that is wonderful you got to see Mars pop out. Definitely worth getting up a little bit early. That was considerate of Marty to sleep in a guest bedroom so as not to wake you when he got home late. Nice you got a clean house yesterday. We need that desperately. I have to either get our cleaning person here or start cleaning myself lol. I haven't wanted her here since we returned because of Oliver and the big playpen we have taking up the dining room. What a mess. Must get motivated but I haven't felt motivated to do much of anything truth be told. Yay to sunshine and no snow. But yeah the wind chill really cuts through doesn't it. Have a good Wednesday Marcy. XOXO.

Both my tiny dog and big orange cat are having dental work today. I hate this. For them, and for me.
The cat has been yowling to go out since three am and I’m getting ready to kill him.

Good luck @Jimmianne! Hope they do well. Fingers and toes crossed. And yeah 3 AM is right when Oliver starts going crazy and waking us and getting Bobby riled up too. Through the bedroom door as Oliver sleeps with us but Bobby and Tommy do not. The howling and meowing is incredible. Good luck and keep us posted.

@sarahb good morning and have a lovely day. Hope you are enjoying a sweet week.

@Slick1 hugs to you and Chase and hope you are doing well and that yesterday wasn't too upsetting though I know so tragic. Hope you are recovering well and enjoy one more day at home I hope. Hugs.

@Scandinavian continued healing dust and hugs.

@Mamabean hope all is well and that bling is keeping you satiated and happy. XOXO.

@AV_ good morning. Any news to share with us re work or otherwise? XOXO

@junebug17 how is your brother doing? Hope your week is going smoothly. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 good morning sweet girl. Hope you are enjoying a good week at work and at home and that organizational stuff is going well. XOXO

So we had a decent day yesterday. Walked in the rain and the day went fast. Starting to experience some toe issues again. Very soon compared to last time I had the nail removed as it has only been a little over a month. My podiatrist answered my text immediately and we are waiting to see what happens. I did a little snipping on the toe and hopefully put it at bay for now. Really no time to head to the podiatrist unless I have no choice. Thankful he is so accommodating. And hope when it becomes an emergency he is available. The bike accident is the gift that keeps on giving.

It was a dreary day yesterday but never really a heavy rain so walking was nice. Off to PT in 2 hours and then I will go to the pharmacy and see how much my new med will be...wish me luck. Have a great day girls and hugs to my NIRDI friends.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.35.32 AM.png

and it was my niece's birthday yesterday so the family went out and celebrated.
@Tekate yes my BIL is a great dad and good husband to my sister. He really loves his family.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.30.32 AM.png

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely lasses. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, you are a sky geek of the best order!

You have my sympathy @Jimmianne Bailey will stand near the bed and stare at me...I can actually feel that he’s there and wake up. If that doesn’t work he will do a loud shake. Ugh..Lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I wish I could reach out and give you a great big hug. I am vaguely aware of the meds issues for hypothyroidism. So sorry you are embroiled in this. I wish there was something I could do lovely lady! So you may be getting another cat or at least thinking about it. Going into an animal rescue is a v dangerous thing for me as I would want to bring all the furries home!

We are in the future considering a dog for our son for emotional support. He loves all animals and a dog may help him with his anxiety levels and sensory processing challenges as he struggled to get out the house sometimes! I

Hope everyone is ok and will check in later! x

Dear @Niffler75 thank you! And hugs right back at ya. I think an emotional support dog is a great idea and hope you can make that dream come true! You are so sweet for your good wishes. Thanks so much. One day at a time for all of us. It is the best we can do. XOXO.

@canuk-gal has your winter been more snowy than usual or right on the money? Or have you also had less snow this winter? Crazy weather all around. Hope you are enjoying a cozy week. Hugs.

@missy The reformulation matter is making me angry ,( Perhaps a suitable variant of your prescription is also done in Europe? It is not difficult to get a local prescription, just exotic; I've been often seeing specialists in different countries, just because some problem or other would hit while I kept moving between a couple of places. Even if you can pay, it is not a good game.

I so agree. It is a game to them and not a good one at all. I am far from the only one affected and there are so many people whose lives depend on certain meds and with the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies are playing expensive games with others lives it makes me angry and sad at the same time. #nogood #sucks #dangerous #shameonallofthem

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, forgot to share the kitty who we are maybe going to meet this Sunday if she doesn't get adopted at the Saturday event which we cannot attend as we have Swan Lake on Saturday. Tara gave us the option to meet her beforehand but we have so much this week on our plate (PT for Greg/Doctor appt for me and other miscellaneous things such as going to the beach house tomorrow because we have to fill up the feral cat feeder!) so we cannot meet her before the event. She might get adopted but that is OK. I am not sure I am ready for another cat but we are open to it if it will help Oliver. Anyway enough of me blabbering....here is the sweet kitty we might meet.

cookie.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, forgot to share the kitty who we are maybe going to meet this Sunday if she doesn't get adopted at the Saturday event which we cannot attend as we have Swan Lake on Saturday. Tara gave us the option to meet her beforehand but we have so much this week on our plate (PT for Greg/Doctor appt for me and other miscellaneous things such as going to the beach house tomorrow because we have to fill up the feral cat feeder!) so we cannot meet her before the event. She might get adopted but that is OK. I am not sure I am ready for another cat but we are open to it if it will help Oliver. Anyway enough of me blabbering....here is the sweet kitty we might meet.

cookie.jpg

She’s a cutie @missy! Those ears are adorable! How do you make sure a new kitty doesn’t have ringworm?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s a cutie @missy! Those ears are adorable! How do you make sure a new kitty doesn’t have ringworm?

Great question Joanne! And that has been on my mind! As Tara says there really is no way. :(
The incubation period can be longer than a month and so it is always a risk. Especially with kittens. But Tara feels our best bet (for Oliver having a playmate) is a kitten. But if we get RW again I am taking my old bottles of Ambien and saying GBCW. JK...I think...::)

No I am JK. Not making light of something as serious as that. Please forgive me if I offended anyone with my pill taking joke. Just really not sure we can survive another bout of RW and that is my one great hesitation. Girl, you hit that worry right on the proverbial head. I just don't know what to do! I don't want to live our life in fear but I believe in being safe and wise. Oy what to do. Cookie has been with her foster for a while I believe and I will have to find out more info about her. I feel funny because Tara is a great person (I have a girl crush on her) and I don't want her to think we are not wanting to save a life. Oy this is another fine mess I have gotten us into Ethel.

anotherfinemess.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Maybe the foster can keep Cookie for the whole month and then do a scraping? I’m so worried about you adopting her until you know it’s safe...What does your sister think?
My brother always said I was Lucille Ball...I know we talked about that before..and you also identify with her! Hahaha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay @missy I see you can’t really know for sure...I guess if the foster mama would keep her for two months...You never had a problem before so the risk is probably low..right?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Maybe the foster can keep Cookie for the whole month and then do a scraping? I’m so worried about you adopting her until you know it’s safe...What does your sister think?
My brother always said I was Lucille Ball...I know we talked about that before..and you also identify with her! Hahaha

I wish we could do this. The foster is keeping Cookie separate from the other cat he has because the other cat is beating her up. So it’s not a great situation. And the goal is find her a home ASAP. And I wanted to do the toothbrush test but it takes 4 weeks to get definitive results so not possible to let cookie stay with the foster so long. Plus the foster gets new cats all the time who could possibly expose Cookie to RW so no matter what we do there’s that risk.

Haha yes we are both Lucys. :lol: I’m in good (excellent) company ♥

Okay @missy I see you can’t really know for sure...I guess if the foster mama would keep her for two months...You never had a problem before so the risk is probably low..right?

Idk. This summer there were more RW cases than ever before in NYC/NJ. And my sister said she had more before in 2019 in Long Island than she had in her entire 30 year career! So yeah all this gives me pause/paws. Haha paws. :P2

Thank you for your brainstorming and support!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His first Pilates exercises today :appl:

C1B8BA25-395A-482A-A658-F066C568B563.jpeg

Look at that knee bend woohoo. Reached 122 degrees of bend today!
ETA do you see HRH Francesca on his sweatshirt? She’s always with us. In our hearts and occasionally on our clothes lol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
His first Pilates exercises today :appl:

C1B8BA25-395A-482A-A658-F066C568B563.jpeg

Look at that knee bend woohoo. Reached 122 degrees of bend today!
ETA do you see HRH Francesca on his sweatshirt? She’s always with us. In our hearts and occasionally on our clothes lol.

Go Greg go! :appl:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am surprised there is no fast test for RW.
I have never met a cat I did not find beautiful - odd, perhaps, since obviously there are so many types!

-

Know-nothing of TKR, but your news make it ever easier to forget there ever was one. What of the other intervention?

-

I so agree. It is a game to them and not a good one at all.

I'd bet there is a Hell of a game here too, kept neatly under wraps & away from medical choices. I assume you would be given a personalized formulation here; those do not really have a price, literally, since they are rare.

-

I need some rain here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am surprised there is no fast test for RW.
I have never met a cat I did not find beautiful - odd, perhaps, since obviously there are so many types!

I'd bet there is a Hell of a game here too, kept neatly under wraps & away from medical choices. I assume you would be given a personalized formulation here; those do not really have a price, literally, since they are rare.

-

I need some rain here.

Same. All animals I think are beautiful ❤️♥️❤️
And ditto re the fast test for RW #frustrating

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

O M G just look at that face :kiss2: No wonder you’re thinking of getting another puss, she is just gorgeous @missy, so intelligent and determined looking. I wish there was an easy way to check that she’s RW free because she’s an absolute beauty.

Wow, Greg is doing so well and how sweet that he’s got Francesca close to his heart. Another wet day here today, we did go to the gym this morning, I just did one of the cycling programmes for 30 minutes as I’m steering clear of using any of the upper body machines.

I hope your pet‘s dental work is all over and done with now @Jimmianne and they’re both fine. Is your new Sepkus a keeper?

Hi @Mamabean, how’re things with you?

Adam is leaning towards a silicone band @marcy, for the same reasons Marty had one, that, and the fact he’s not really in to jewellery, he takes after his father in that respect :D Did you manage to get a photo of Mars this morning?

Sadly it’s definitely dementia with Shirley @Tekate, she was having a good day on Sunday, but I think that was a rarity. J doesn’t say too much about the situation she’s dealing with, other than she’s exhausted at the moment because of the baby. Still raining here off and on, and now they’re staying there are 2 more big storms on the way.

How’re things with you @Niffler75, hopefully you haven’t been too badly affected by the storms?

Hi @AV_ did you manage to get to the gallery yet?

So, I went to see the physio today, and it’s not a problem with my arm or shoulder at all. It’s my neck that’s causing the problem :eek-2: She used some laser heat thing on me, then something that was akin to a road drill, which she said was the equivalent of 6 soft tissue treatments. I’m going back next week for another pummelling, and after than they’ll give me some exercises to do at home. I’m feeling a bit sore now.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina Hiya, sorry to hear about your neck. Yep neck issues can radiate down to the shoulder! Your bound to feel a bit sore after physio so take it easy. Weather has not been too bad here today thankfully.

@missy I am partially anxious and partially excited for your potential new cat. What a beautiful girl though. :kiss2:
Greg is doing so well isn't he! It's funny I remember when I went to collect my husband after his arthroscopy (and he is extremely stubborn) and he got out of bed way to quickly, turned grey and became best friends with the floor!

Both our cats are quite elderly so we will probably have to wait to get a dog. We were thinking about a young greyhound rescue. We have some friends with greyhounds and they are so calm and loving. There is the possibility of working with a local dog trainer who has lots of experience training dogs to work with people with disabilities.

So me first custom ring is nearly ready (spessartite and mali garnets). The stones have been set then it just needs polishing and finishing off. I will share photos when I have it!
Take care everyone. x

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina When are Adam and Kim getting married? The silicone ring sounds like a great alternative to regular jewelry. My husband wears a gold wedding ring..and his school ring on his right hand.
I‘m sorry your arm and shoulder are hurting...I have neck issues and my shoulder is always hurting. I didn't think it was connected. I’m glad you went to the physio...Hopefully tomorrow it won’t be as sore. She must have given you a workout....
Thank goodness your house is keeping the water out...My basement has an area that leaks...It’s driving us crazy because we can’t figure out where it’s coming from.
@marcy That is so exciting that you got to see Mars! Marty is a good hubby for sleeping in the guest room so he didn’t wake you up. I can’t sleep in the master bedroom because Shatzie gets up at all hours with phone calls from work...He won’t turn his phone off so it pings all night long. There are many mornings he gets up at four so he can make an 8am meeting in NJ. I get up at 5:30..and don’t sleep well anyway. I moved myself into the guest room. Bailey sleeps in there with me...so he just wakes me up..lol..
Are you enjoying your heart ring?
@Jimmianne LOL about cutting your own hair. I’ve done that..but I have bangs...One was way up over one eyebrow. I learned that you don’t cut your hair when it’s wet..
You bought another Sepkus ring? Where are the pics? How did the furries do at the vet? I went to the vet today to pick up Bailey’s Rimadyl. I saw the cutest dog...Of course after Bailey, Chase, and any other dog here on PS..but he was sooooo cute. I never heard of this breed. I looked it up when I got home. This is what she looked like. Omg It was so little...
A714CFDC-E44D-4C3A-A43E-1C1374461CB9.jpeg
@AV_ I loved your photos of the flowers...It’s so dreary here...They would perk me up..
@missy My mom has Rosacea. She uses a topical called Metronidazole. She says it’s not expensive..and it works for her..
I’m getting antsy waiting for Ashlee to be finished...In the meantime I purchased a slimmer baguette band for her. My other baguette band is too wide. I spent $100 less than what I got for selling my AVR moissanite and two other rings....The other band is channel set..This one is prong set. I’m excited to get it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Speaking of cute furry beasts--our neighbour sent a photo of a Bobcat in their yard. Big kitty! :)

Took my son to the dentist--tooth sensitivy--needs a root canal! All a little shocked here--and not just sticker shock. Oh well.

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy one of the things that bugged the heck out of me when my mom was in her 60s was her hair, the woman constantly had hair falling in her face to the point where she wore LITTLE GIRLS HEADBAND's, I wanted to scream at her, but of course I didn't. My mom had beautiful pure white hair from her 30s on. So I have straight formerly dark hair like my dad my mom, sister and brothers had beautiful medium brown hair with golden highlights, my brothers looked like Barry Gibb back in the 70s and my sister looked like an angel, such beautiful hair. Then there was me, darker brown and straight as a pin, like my Dad. So my mom always gave me this horrendous, horribly painful Toni perms, I seriously looked like I stuck my hand in a electric socket I was FRIZZY, I really disliked it, or my mom cut my hair very short with bangs, because my hair was straight and fell in my face. So now I'm 67 and my hair still falls in my face and it's white all in the front and I wear a LITTLE GIRL'S HEADBAND most days.. so I say here and now: "I'm so sorry mommy!" I was so obnoxious when I was young. :) a lovely woman for the last many years ;-) too bad Marty's ring didn't fit you.. So I just went over to 21andme and what it actually says about my muscle composition is:

Catherine, your genetic muscle composition is common in elite power athletes.

in addition it goes on to explain:

Studies have found that almost all elite power athletes (including sprinters, throwers, and jumpers) have a specific genetic variant in a gene related to muscle composition. You have the same genetic variant as these elite athletes.

What this means for you
For most people, lifestyle and training factors drive athletic performance. At the national and international levels of competition, the genetic variant in this report seems to make a difference in athletic success, but its role for non-elite athletes isn't completely understood.
====================================================================

So basically I had good muscle composition, I was very very strong when I was young, I was always very confident in field hockey, I loved field hockey, I was GREAT at field hockey but when I hit high school there was no field hockey at my catholic hs.. missed it mucho. But as to running? I sucked. I had endurance tho, just slow as molasses. I wouldn't mind lifting if I had any cartilage left in my shoulders :)

This kind of stuff is fascinating but it also said my DNA shows I would H A T E Cilantro and I love it. ha! it's BS I'll bet. xoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne both cat and dog dental work? I hate when Salley get's her teeth cleaned it costs us like 900.00$ and she hates it and get's knocked out. and we give her dental chew everyday! hope your stuff showed up xoxoxoxo

@missy ooooh that face, that beautiful kitten, I hope you and she connect or she is adopted by a wonderful Missy type wonderful wonderful woman :) Greg is awesome, I tell you, in 2 more weeks he's gong to be spry like he's 30 again, it feels so GREAT to be out of pain and be able to walk.. I know this.. hugs to him and you. Hey and all I can say is NO RINGWORM please, girl you have done more for your furkids that anyone I know, we are all good parents here but we all know also how much hell and back you've had.

I gotta go make dinner (souffle! ain't I cool ) but I have to come back cause I see Austina posted and I want to see what she says about her weather and how things are with her and sending a hi and some rain (as we had rain on and off all day) to @AV_

sending love bbl xoxoxo

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, it's very sad Shirley didn't remember your conversation. I'm sorry. I'm watching Safe now and it's really good, thanks for the recommendation. I'm trying to stick to one episode a night Lol. I'm glad you found the reason for your pain and are getting treatment, but sorry it is making you sore. I hope you're feeling better soon, take care.

@Tekate, no, I don't play golf but I love watching it on TV lol - I know, weird, but I like it for some reason. I'm in NJ right now, although dh is plotting the next trip. Exciting that Chris has a new apartment, the location sounds great - young people love being out and about. So great you're seeing a lot of your family and spending time with that sweetie Auti.

@Jimmianne, very brave to cut your hair! I'm sure it looks good. Taking some length off does make a difference. Looking forward to seeing your new band. sorry your furbabies had to go for dental work - hate that - and I hope they are feeling ok.

@canuk-gal, your day with the family sounds great, love those times when everyone is together.

@AV_, hope all is well and you're doing well with your work. And I hope you get to that gallery soon!

@Niffler75, I'm really sorry you were hurt by your relatives. Families can be pretty disappointing. And maybe a few other things I won't say here...can you tell I'm speaking from experience lol? Your son knows he is very loved by you and your dh and that's really the most important thing. Glad to hear you're having fun cooking. Is your son starting school soon? I really think it's going to be a positive change for you both. And great idea to get a dog someday!

@marcy, I love Marty's band. So cool you saw Mars, You must have gotten a kick out of it. So sorry to hear about the terrible wind chill, makes being outside awful. LOL to having the house clean for a few days...I miss ds not being around as much now that he has his own place, but I have to admit - the house does stay cleaner longer haha.

@missy, I hope the new medication works well for you. It's a shame the formula was changed on the other one. It's great Greg is doing so well; he's sailing through this recovery. Cookie is a beautiful kitty and I hope things go smoothly if you do end up adopting her. Your nieces look wonderful. My brother isn't doing that well with his sleep right now, thanks. I'll probably take a ride to see him on Monday.

@bling_dream19 , here are a few pics of my ring...I really don't feel it between my fingers , I guess a little? but it doesn't bother me. everyone's different when it comes to that though. Mine looks pretty much like yours in terms of thickness I think, even though my carat weight is lower.
2547E5B8-2147-4BCE-856D-61CB703D51C6.jpeg 9699D266-B5C3-40C9-BBED-874A7AFDC89A.jpeg

Nothing special going on here...just the usual stuff. I'm spending Saturday and Sunday at the beach with 2 friends, one has an apartment there. Haven't seen them in a while so should be fun.

Have a good Thursday everyone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, it's very sad Shirley didn't remember your conversation. I'm sorry. I'm watching Safe now and it's really good, thanks for the recommendation. I'm trying to stick to one episode a night Lol. I'm glad you found the reason for your pain and are getting treatment, but sorry it is making you sore. I hope you're feeling better soon, take care.

@Tekate, no, I don't play golf but I love watching it on TV lol - I know, weird, but I like it for some reason. I'm in NJ right now, although dh is plotting the next trip. Exciting that Chris has a new apartment, the location sounds great - young people love being out and about. So great you're seeing a lot of your family and spending time with that sweetie Auti.

@Jimmianne, very brave to cut your hair! I'm sure it looks good. Taking some length off does make a difference. Looking forward to seeing your new band. sorry your furbabies had to go for dental work - hate that - and I hope they are feeling ok.

@canuk-gal, your day with the family sounds great, love those times when everyone is together.

@AV_, hope all is well and you're doing well with your work. And I hope you get to that gallery soon!

@Niffler75, I'm really sorry you were hurt by your relatives. Families can be pretty disappointing. And maybe a few other things I won't say here...can you tell I'm speaking from experience lol? Your son knows he is very loved by you and your dh and that's really the most important thing. Glad to hear you're having fun cooking. Is your son starting school soon? I really think it's going to be a positive change for you both. And great idea to get a dog someday!

@marcy, I love Marty's band. So cool you saw Mars, You must have gotten a kick out of it. So sorry to hear about the terrible wind chill, makes being outside awful. LOL to having the house clean for a few days...I miss ds not being around as much now that he has his own place, but I have to admit - the house does stay cleaner longer haha.

@missy, I hope the new medication works well for you. It's a shame the formula was changed on the other one. It's great Greg is doing so well; he's sailing through this recovery. Cookie is a beautiful kitty and I hope things go smoothly if you do end up adopting her. Your nieces look wonderful. My brother isn't doing that well with his sleep right now, thanks. I'll probably take a ride to see him on Monday.

@bling_dream19 , here are a few pics of my ring...I really don't feel it between my fingers , I guess a little? but it doesn't bother me. everyone's different when it comes to that though. Mine looks pretty much like yours I think, even though my carat weight is lower.
2547E5B8-2147-4BCE-856D-61CB703D51C6.jpeg 9699D266-B5C3-40C9-BBED-874A7AFDC89A.jpeg

Nothing special going on here...just the usual stuff. I'm spending Saturday and Sunday at the beach with 2 friends, one has an apartment there. Haven't seen them in a while so should be fun.

Have a good Thursday everyone!

@junebug17 nite!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne I am totally a ski geek. I am checking out the dimmer than normal Betelgeuse every night the sky is clear. I hope your “kids” did okay at the dentist today.

@missy that is a very cute kitty. I hate to hear your toe is bothering you again. I hope they get it fixed up for you soon. No worries on cleaning; it waits. As much cleaning and scrubbing as you did at the beach house you totally deserve a break from cleaning. Beautiful picture of your cute nieces with wonderful background scenery. Happy birthday to your niece. I totally enjoyed the Lucy clip; that’s one of my favorite episodes. Woo hoo to Greg bending his knee 122 degrees. I love the little Francesca on Greg’s shirt.

@Mamabean too cute that Bailey will come wake you up. Time to get up Mom! Tracing back those leaks can be a pain. Ugh. I was pretty cool to watch Mars just reappear on the limb of the Moon. Marty will sleep in the guest room if I am already asleep. I totally get you sleeping in another room with your husband getting calls and his phone dinging all night. At our last house Marty got calls and texts all night so once I got woke up I’d just get up and move. It was such a habit I’d turn on the electric blanket in the other room before I went to bed in our room. I slept better after moving too. Yes, I am enjoying my heart ring. How about you; are you enjoying your heart ring and ACA? How fun to be expecting a new band too. I am looking forward to seeing it.

@AV_ I think medicine and medicine is a game everywhere - a money game that we all pay for.

@Austina I see most lifters wearing silicone bands - I’ll keep my gold and platinum. I did not get a picture of Mars and the Moon. Our deck is usually icy so I didn’t even try. I hope the treatment on your neck works and that you aren’t as sore tomorrow. Stay safe from those storms.

@Niffler75 I will be anxious to hear what dog you eventually get; sounds like such a great idea to me. I can’t wait to see your ring.

@canuk-gal oh no your son needs a root canal. Good luck with that! You don’t see a bobcat in your yard every day.

@Tekate that is cool about your muscles. I read what you said to Marty. Those headbands can come in handy. My mom used to give us those fizzy perms too; I quit getting perms about 8 years ago and found I never needed them; I have such thick hair as long as it has some length it has a lot of body. Go figure. That’s funny about Cilantro; Marty loves it and I hate it. Whatever test Marty took also lists whether you have the gene to smell asparagus in urine - I’m like why test for that? That sound fancy making soufflé for dinner. I had a Mac and Cheese from Arby’s and an English muffin. Now I’m hungry but it’s bed time.

@junebug17 I did enjoy seeing Mars reappear. It is pretty faint right now but I could see its ruddy color in the binoculars. I saw Venus occulted probably 20 years ago; it was awesome. How clean the house is definitely relates to how many are living there. I told my sister today I was going to get a little web camera for my kitchen so I can see how many dishes I have to do after work. That’s a major drawback to Marty working from home. I enjoyed seeing pictures of your band again. It is so pretty. Have fun at the beach this weekend.

It was bitter cold and snowy here all day. I met a friend for lunch. I lifted when I got home. I keep pennies in my gym to keep track of which set I was on and think I forgot on my dead lifts so I did another set to be sure. That means i lifted 87 pounds twenty times.

I finished my article tonight and sent it off to the paper. Now I’m off to bed.
Laters,
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results