carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Niffler75!

Going through kitty pics this AM and feeling very sad missing our beloved babies who are gone. But I found some great pics I forgot we had. Not going to bore you with them all but I finally found the one I have of my sister and me with our very first dog. I couldn't find the one with both of us until now as I have shared the one with just me and our dog.

missyanddebbieandapache.jpeg.png

and this one of Fred. He was such a handsome boy. He was only about 4 or 5 here I think.

fredonyellowpillows.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Niffler75!

Going through kitty pics this AM and feeling very sad missing our beloved babies who are gone. But I found some great pics I forgot we had. Not going to bore you with them all but I finally found the one I have of my sister and me with our very first dog. I couldn't find the one with both of us until now as I have shared the one with just me and our dog.

missyanddebbieandapache.jpeg.png

and this one of Fred. He was such a handsome boy. He was only about 4 or 5 here I think.

fredonyellowpillows.png

Adorable photos @missy..So sweet! I love your toothless smile!
Your dog was so cute! Fred was adorable..:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Oliver update yet. No vomit so far thank goodness but also no poop. And he always poops right after his morning meal.

I had Greg call his surgeon today because the therapist yesterday said no more walker. Just cane. And I remember the surgeon saying walker until he sees Greg in February (3 weeks from surgery so not this Friday but next so a week and a half from now). Greg called and the secretary spoke to someone and she told Greg he has to use the walker til he sees the surgeon. So no cane. Greg is not sure what he’s going to do. He thinks they’re being extra conservative.

Any thoughts from anyone who has knee replacement knowledge/experience? Thanks.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy It is not unusual for health profs in different disciplines to have very different views. o_OI have worked with quite a few surgeons in the past in the same speciality but with very different ways of doing things. So Greg's surgeon is being conservative and the pt wants to get him moving. Speak to the pt and if there is a difference of opinion get pt to liaise with surgeon. Decisions should be evidence based and I have not been working in the speciality for nearly 12 years.
Sorry i can't give you a definite answer but v confusing nonetheless!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning EVERYONE! @missy I'm starting this before I've read everything but I saw some great pix of Greg as I was scrolling down to start this.. I've glad he's getting more out of P/T! okay back to reading.

@marcy Hi Marcy! yup, one of my biggest communication problems with John was I thought he KNEW what I wanted jeez he had zero idea. Well those things you desire are noble! well thought out and awesome! not sorry I asked, I believe it's always good to have goals.. Now I would love a diamond bangle but knowing me then I would want another! John would never let me buy 2 :) so I'm sort of happy with what I have, but I can dream.

@missy I know you well enough now to know that you are one of the most fair minded, KIND, loving person I know. There is personal responsibility, there is a bit of the old help them in my mind. I RESPECT all opinions. Missy one thing I have learned in these olden years is that I still learn, reading different opinions and thoughts and experiences helps me to understand. I respect you VERY MUCH and Greg too because you are both good humans (hard to find these days). I hug you with the old Irish mom hug, real tight and laughing :) so I must read things that don't support my view of our country and the world. love love love (etc) you :) Wow, Greg's incision is GREAT he will have a small scar at best the swelling looks great too, he's a trouper (or trooper but I think of trooper as the state fuzz! hahaha back to the 60s on that one and I was of course j/k I love our police). I cannot wait to watch Greg feel better and better and be happy he did this.. Now Ollie he's your ADHD child.. I can tell they slow it down in their mid 20s! ;-) You are good mom. :) I was reading @Mamabean's posting and she said for YOU to TAKE CARE OF YOU. I second that emotion, please. Take care of you.. you are no good to Greg and the furkids if you get too rundown.. Please. Missy my alk phos is ALWAYS out of range I can only think of one year in the last 20 it was in range.. I think it's the drugs I take, they get all crazy about it, do tests an usually can't find out why.. Jeez on the refrigerator. I dunno Missy, I once bought a Maytag refrigerator, it came it leaked, they came and it replaced it with another, they came, it leaked and they returned with a 3rd refrigerator and it leaked all over the place, so took it back and then I bought a Jennair.. Fridges are a bane of life I suppose (and getting to be yours unfortunately).

@bling_dream19 It's very hard to adjust to marriage, I didn't want to remarry in 87, nope one was enough for me, yuck my 1st husband was mean, unkind etc a real tool and I stayed for 10 years (plus dating in 5 years when he was nice etc, a real jekyll and hyde ugh).. my boyfriend (now husband) lived with a woman for 13 years (she was a feminist and had her tubes tied at 26 and didn't believe in marriage) she dumped because she wanted to be free and date, he was bereft, 4 years later he wanted marriage and I wanted to live together, this was a huge adjustment for me and him I guess but we made it!... I always say, marriage is not for the faint of heart.. xoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds Hi! I love a lover of animals.. the best people.. your picture is beautiful..

@Mamabean ahhhh the house, who knows when we will break ground, we are 90% okay with the front elevation but he has on the drawing a 'flared gable' now to me that sounded like a prow on the boat and that will be a no go, the architect said it would be hardly visible but would be a 'feature' and 'modern' so before we okay to start on the sides and back we want to see a pix of what the 'flared gable' will look like. We are going to have wood and stone on the front (I mean who doesn't anymore) darker wood and lighter stone because this is TEXAS, land of the limestone. So to answer your question, we are getting there. It's go to be finished by November 1, 2020 because our lease is up here.. we can renew but I hate doing that.. we shall see. thank you for asking Joanne. Hmm about setting EVER.... I placed my order on May 23, 2019 (that is when I reserved the stone) and I received the completed ring on June 19, '19.. so a bit over 3 weeks, my setting was a semi-custom so that is what slowed it down a bit, I have them lower the setting as much as they could and I loved how it came out.. so I guess not very long really Joanne. I did not get an appraisal, JM contacted me both times I bought from WF and I just used the price I paid for the ring(s) and insured it for that amount. Your wait sounds very similar to mine.. I don't think your ring is any less blingy than mine.. your rings are top notch, gorgeous and your taste is exquisite, that's one of the reasons why you are a NIRDI, you have GREAT taste in jewelry and people.. I saw the mock up of your new ring on Insta.. I love it as I said.. remember it's always what you want. Me? I'm really modern, maybe Slick is less modern and more traditional (not that I think that but just an example) it's what YOU want. I'm not a halo person... but many others are their halo's are beautiful, the only 'halo' I've ever seen that I like is Missy's and that is more of a flowery flow.. it complements her stone.. most halos are just a way to get more bling.. which is great but just not my style, I am modern, I love love Scarlett Johanssen's(?) yellow HUGE rock with it's modern, sleek, and unusual design.. but many people probably go "WTF is that!!" :) boy I talk (John just said, "what are you doing over there" I said "talking to the NIRDIs!)..

@Austina aw thanks Austina! I like the look too.. it complements Ever without overdoing it.. I am so sorry that Shirley continues to slide, happiness to her son and DIL and new grand!!! how very exciting..xoxoxo

@AV_ Thank you very much for your compliment on my new band. I do like it, if you ever have the time would you post some of your bling? I love your taste in jewelry, you post pointers to very unique rings etc. You and @Jimmianne have wonderful jewelry and ideas. Thank you again! xoxoxo

@Jimmianne I too look forward to your family of sepkus rings in a pix and you may have done it already ahead as I'm starting to read 2 days back since I was off except to discuss over in the 'loan' and 'trump' threads.. I didn't look at those first today because after discussing other stuff I get burnt out! or burned out is it? not sure. both I guess and could check but laziness is my middle name according to my esteemed mom who's watching over me with her evil eye, with a good one and the one in the middle is for bck up ;-) (actually I always miss her but she was tough). xoxoxo

@marcy so glad you are having better weather!!xoxo

okay I'm going to stop here and go to the next page but will post this one so I don't lose it!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Wonderful peeps! Hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday! Thank you for all of the marriage tips and advice. Keep it coming as I appreciate it all. We had a great weekend. I did not leave the house and I need that some weekends. We got lots done...the living room, dining, room, and kitchen are beautiful, we decorated for Valentine's. I'm working today on my office and bedrooms. Slowly but surely we are making this house a home together. We are settling into our married life and I love him very much. I'm working on pictures and albums.
@missy everyday I'm thinking about you. Greg is working so hard on his recovery I can tell. I am sure everyday is tough for you both but you always find the joy! And I echo everyone, please make sure to take of yourself. Thinking about little Oliver too and dust for him being ok.
@Mamabean I love Rehoboth! So happy yall had a great weekend.
Love and hugs to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Argh @missy, so sorry the devil child is continuing to cause problems. If he wasn’t so cute he’d be an absolute menace! I’m sure your sister is giving you the best advice, and you are on top of the situation keeping a close eye on Oliver for anything unusual or changes. Around this time of year, there seems to be a lot of viruses around that affect pets. I can’t tell you the number of people in the Spinoni FB groups I belong to who’ve had days of vomiting, been worried half to death and then the next day, their dog is completely back to normal. I’m wondering if there’s anyway Oliver has only eaten part of the sock and hidden the rest, and vomited up what he’s eaten? It sounds as though he’s feeling a lot better today, although of course you’re worried that he hasn’t pooped. How frustrating that you’re getting conflicting advice about walker vs cane for Greg, I suppose ultimately it’s how he feels that matters, if he feels more stable with the walker, or if he feels the cane is giving him all the support he needs. Why can’t these professionals co-ordinate their advice?

You’ve done a good thing @Daisys and Diamonds, the kitten is beautiful, and I’m sure there’ll be no trouble in finding her a new home soon.

Sounds like you’re settling in well @bling_dream19 and making the house a home.
Like @Tekate, I didn’t want to get married, and certainly not at 19, but guess what, we’ve been married 41 years :lol: Don’t ask me how, I don’t think there’s any secret recipe, if it works, it works.

I’m with you @Tekate, I love the look of the WF bangles, but I also really love some of the beautiful deco bracelets I see coming up for auction. The workmanship and glamour of them is hard to beat, I can honestly say, that’s the only piece of bling I’d like to have, everything else, I’m more than happy with.

I think your new ring will look lovely @Mamabean, especially because the halo are baguettes. The way they react differently to light are something else. I like halos, I chose a halo for Marilyn because I wanted to protect the stone and add more definition to the shape.

That’s the first hurdle over with @junebug17, you finally met DS’s girlfriend and I imagine it was easier for her in that setting. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend going to see him play. What type of music do they play?

Oh @Scandanavian, I’m so sorry things are so difficult for your Mum, chemo is just brutal. Your poor grandmother too, she must be very worried about your Mum. I don’t think it’s unusual for people living on their own not to eat much, I think they feel it’s hardly worth bothering to cook for one. Of course, she needs to eat or get her nourishment some way to help her recover too. What a worry for you. Please take care.

I hope you’ve had a less frustrating day @Niffler75 I’m sure it must feel like you’re banging your head against a brick wall trying to get the best for your son.

Hi @marcy how’re things at work now that NN has left, have you noticed a difference in your co-workers?

Hey @Jimmianne - how’re you feeling now, has your vision settled?

How’re things with you @AV_?

Keep warm and safe @canuk-gal and relax when you can.

We went to Costco this afternoon, didn’t need a lot and managed to get out relatively unscathed :mrgreen:

We’re going to be having a visitor to stay in June, a handsome young man called Branston. @Niffler75 will know that’s the name of a fruity pickle sold here in the UK. Our friends are going on holiday, and their usual sitter can’t have him. It’ll be lovely having another dog in the house. It’s been 4 months since Dottie died :(

47C6E510-22CC-4712-88E8-72D2DB6022B6.jpeg

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon lovely ladies. I am back to reply to each one of you. Sorry for the brevity of my morning post. We just fed Oliver his second meal and are waiting to see what if anything happens. Hoping hard he is OK and will not vomit what we fed him and will poop soon.

@missy good for Greg! Hard to be housebound. Too bad about your appliance woes--just a drag.

Thank you Sharon. Greg is doing well knock wood. He is going to have to start using the walker again. Surgeon's instructions and I feel he needs to abide by the surgeon's rules for now. How are you? We are going for a short walk soon. Miss our long walks but hopefully in the not too distant future. Hope you are enjoying a nice walk today too.

You are braver than me Missy
I finally watched this paranomal thing on Netflex i was too scared to watch when it was on tv because it was on late at night when its dark
i don't like things like that all and id never heard of saging a house till then
Im too much of a sissy to ask @Mamabean What happened

And good Greg but bad fridge freezer

Yes I love scary movies. But not real life scares. I like to keep the scary stuff on the screen if you kwim. ;-)
Thanks for all your kind wishes sweet Daisy. Hugs.

Oy @missy, don’t you hate it when someone comes to ‘fix’ something and ends up screwing something else? :angryfire: I hope you can get them to come back and sort it out. Can’t believe how well Greg is doing in such a short space of time, and happy to hear the PT went well yesterday and he doesn’t need the walker anymore. Tommy is looking so shiny and in good condition, how’s he doing now? I’m glad you’re able to get out with M while she’s there, especially as you’re having good weather. It’s been pouring down here today.

Thank you @Austina yes we are having lovely weather. I hope your weather is improving soon. Tommy is doing OK. He probably needs a higher thyroid dose but for now we are keeping him on 1 pill per day and when Greg is better we will take him for a follow up and readjustment of meds if necessary.

I spent yesterday cleaning and ironing, then I tried to get the indoor cameras working. When we changed the router on Wednesday, the cameras were offline. I couldn’t find how to enter the new router password, and the app wasn’t a lot of help. I eventually managed to figure it out and get them working again, so I was really pleased with myself :lol-2:

We didn‘t go to the gym today as we‘d arranged to meet our friends at the driving range. We were amazed we were still able to hit the balls, albeit badly, as we haven’t touched our clubs for 17 years :shock: We had lunch afterwards and chatted, then waited for a break in the rain before running out to the cars to come home.

Wow you have been quite busy and efficient Austina. Nice going. You should be pleased with yourself. And how great you enjoyed golf too. Sounds like a perfect day with your friends. Glad you had fun. I hope Colin is feeling all better now. Glad you guys got to go to Costco today. Sweet. I miss going to Costco or rather, sending Greg to Costco haha.

We’re going to be having a visitor to stay in June, a handsome young man called Branston. @Niffler75 will know that’s the name of a fruity pickle sold here in the UK. Our friends are going on holiday, and their usual sitter can’t have him. It’ll be lovely having another dog in the house. It’s been 4 months since Dottie died :(

Aww that is so wonderful. What a handsome dog. So glad you are going to be able to watch him for your friends. I think of Dottie often. So sorry dear Austina. Branston will really brighten your home and souls. (((Hugs))).

@Niffler75 thank you for weighing in and I agree with you. But I do not think the PT will get in touch with the surgeon so we are going to abide by the surgeon's rules. That is what I think is best. Though I know Greg is disappointed. Any updates with your insurance coverage and I just want the professionals to communicate with each other to give better care to your son. Why is that so hard? Hope you are making progress and to that end I am continuing sending lots of dust to you and your son for it all to work out.

@Slick1 hope you are feeling better today and less bruised and that school is going well. Hugs.

@missy, thank you for the LDN rec, I will definitely mention it to my brother. It's been hard recently for him to make it to doctor's appointments. I have offered to take him so he doesn't have to worry about driving but he is putting it off. Very glad to see Greg is making such good progress and it's great he was able to go out for a bit. He must be feeling very cooped up by now. Picking up Fred's ashes must have been really hard. I hate hearing Oliver isn't feeling well and I really hope he's doing better very soon.

Thank you Junie. I hope it helps your brother or that he finds relief some other way and soon. Not sleeping is not fun and it bleeds into all areas of your life and well being. That is very kind of you to offer driving him to doctors appointments. Greg is feeling pretty good and not cooped up. I am the one feeling cooped up haha but Greg is comfortable. He has been busy reading and working and doing PT so he is managing his time at home well. I want to be him when I grow up. :lol:

I had a quiet but nice weekend. Ds's band was playing in a local place on Saturday night so dh and I dropped in for a while. They sounded good. My ds has been seeing someone for a while but we haven't met her yet, and she ended up showing up while we were there so we said hello. I think she's a bit shy and has been nervous about meeting us so hopefully this has broken the ice.

That sounds very nice. And I am glad your ds has found a sweet girlfriend. I think being shy and a bit nervous about meeting you guys is a plus actually because it means she cares what you think and that means she cares a lot about your son. I am glad you got to meet her informally. Have a good day Junie and hugs.

@missy that is good Greg was able to fix the remote control for the fan; of course I am not surprised he was able to fix it. I can totally understand you being a bundle of emotions after what you’ve been through the past year. I am glad you are back in the city so you can spend time with your friend M. That’s great Greg went for a walk yesterday and doesn’t have to use his walker anymore. Very cool he is doing well with PT. Oh no the SubZero is getting too cold now. Those are great glasses too bad they were big for your face. Your phone is taking great pictures.

Thank you marcy. Turns out Greg has to go back to the walker according to the surgeon's instructions. And I feel he should default to the surgeon at this point in time. I know he doesn't like going backwards but for safety and stability. Though he can be pretty stubborn. Our men have that in common lol. My phone is taking nice pics thank you and thanks to you telling me not to settle for the regular 11. Your phone is pretty awesome too.

We had rain and snow today so it was quite chilly when I came home tonight. I had thawed out a 4 oz. hamburger to grill for supper but it was way too cold for that so I made myself 2 tacos with my hamburger. Quick and easy.

Snow and rain better than all snow. Your dinner sounded good for a cold day. And quick and easy always works. Hope you are having a good Tuesday Marcy and thank you for the Oliver dust. XOXO.

Tried for some quality time with the dogs on Sunday. Youngest decided to run in a straight line until he was good and well truly lost and I could hear him calling like a wolf all over the mountain trying to call us to find him. Such a little idiot. He is supposed to have one of the best noses in the country and can smell a bird from a 100 meters. But backtracking his own trail is too much of a challenge. It took me almost two hours of running to find him. I thought I would die from worrying so much, he sounded like he was in pain but he was just scared. But between yelling he kept finding and following grouse as he run around hallowing and kept getting more lost each time. Can’t remember the last time I was so angry. After running for two hours and finally getting within hearing distance, the rascal ignores me and my extremely eager blowing-on-whistle efforts completely! He was so happy for being un-lost that he immediately looked for some more grouse to run down. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. GPS is a life saver but I think I’ll have to buy a very fast sheep dog and train him to fetch Furbaby F... kidding. Kind of. I don’t think he’ll run of again any time soon. I was so mad he walked about 50 meters behind me in my footsteps all the way back without me saying another word to him. And that is pretty hard for a dog like this with the whole mountain and lots of birds around him.

Oy how scary it took you almost 2 hours to find your dog. I would have been freaking out. Thank goodness they were all safe and OK.Haha yes you have to get a sheep dog to find F. #kidding/notkidding

I hope you can convince your grandma to eat more.
Hope your mom is doing as well as possible.

I LOVE your avatar. Just noticing it now. Gorgeous! Swoon! THUD!

Is there anything they can give him for pain?

Ps. With horses and bunnies, a car or trailer ride can make them poop...if you cannot do that, perhaps even putting O. in a carrier and taking him down the elevator.

OMG @Jimmianne and the prize goes to...drumroll please....20,000th post on NIRDI award goes to our very own dear and beautiful and sweet and elegant @Jimmianne !!!

@missy I know you well enough now to know that you are one of the most fair minded, KIND, loving person I know. There is personal responsibility, there is a bit of the old help them in my mind. I RESPECT all opinions. Missy one thing I have learned in these olden years is that I still learn, reading different opinions and thoughts and experiences helps me to understand. I respect you VERY MUCH and Greg too because you are both good humans (hard to find these days). I hug you with the old Irish mom hug, real tight and laughing :) so I must read things that don't support my view of our country and the world. love love love (etc) you :) Wow, Greg's incision is GREAT he will have a small scar at best the swelling looks great too, he's a trouper (or trooper but I think of trooper as the state fuzz! hahaha back to the 60s on that one and I was of course j/k I love our police). I cannot wait to watch Greg feel better and better and be happy he did this.. Now Ollie he's your ADHD child.. I can tell they slow it down in their mid 20s! ;-) You are good mom. :) I was reading @Mamabean's posting and she said for YOU to TAKE CARE OF YOU. I second that emotion, please. Take care of you.. you are no good to Greg and the furkids if you get too rundown.. Please. Missy my alk phos is ALWAYS out of range I can only think of one year in the last 20 it was in range.. I think it's the drugs I take, they get all crazy about it, do tests an usually can't find out why.. Jeez on the refrigerator. I dunno Missy, I once bought a Maytag refrigerator, it came it leaked, they came and it replaced it with another, they came, it leaked and they returned with a 3rd refrigerator and it leaked all over the place, so took it back and then I bought a Jennair.. Fridges are a bane of life I suppose (and getting to be yours unfortunately).

Thank you Kate the very Great and Wise and wonderful. Your words mean so much to me and you know I feel the same about you. You are good and kind and lovely and generous and wonderful. Sending you big warm hugs and lots of love. I am taking all you wrote to heart I promise. And yes fridges and other things are the bane of our existence at (much of the) times. Sigh. But all I want is for everyone to be healthy and happy. I don't care about things. Just about our people and our furry babies. Hugs to you dear great Kate. XOXOXO.

Hi Wonderful peeps! Hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday! Thank you for all of the marriage tips and advice. Keep it coming as I appreciate it all. We had a great weekend. I did not leave the house and I need that some weekends. We got lots done...the living room, dining, room, and kitchen are beautiful, we decorated for Valentine's. I'm working today on my office and bedrooms. Slowly but surely we are making this house a home together. We are settling into our married life and I love him very much. I'm working on pictures and albums.
@missy everyday I'm thinking about you. Greg is working so hard on his recovery I can tell. I am sure everyday is tough for you both but you always find the joy! And I echo everyone, please make sure to take of yourself. Thinking about little Oliver too and dust for him being ok.
Love and hugs to all!

Aww that is wonderful @bling_dream19. Your weekend was great. Lots accomplished and I am glad you guys are doing so well! Thank you for all your kind wishes. And right back atcha. And thank you for all your enthusiastic support. It means a lot to me. Oliver says meoooow and purrrrrrrrrrrr.

Fed Oliver again at 11:30 AM as per my sister's instructions and waiting to see what happens if anything. No poop but also no vomit so yay. If all goes well we are taking a short walk around 1PM and then right back to Oliver. Fingers and toes crossed he is OK.

Have a wonderful afternoon lovely ladies. XOXO.

Leaving you with our photo from yesterday when we got back walking with the cane. Greg did about 4 blocks yesterday woohoo.

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 12.26.26 PM.png

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Oliver update yet. No vomit so far thank goodness but also no poop. And he always poops right after his morning meal.

I had Greg call his surgeon today because the therapist yesterday said no more walker. Just cane. And I remember the surgeon saying walker until he sees Greg in February (3 weeks from surgery so not this Friday but next so a week and a half from now). Greg called and the secretary spoke to someone and she told Greg he has to use the walker til he sees the surgeon. So no cane. Greg is not sure what he’s going to do. He thinks they’re being extra conservative.

Any thoughts from anyone who has knee replacement knowledge/experience? Thanks.
As everybody is different, perhaps let the pain or lack thereof dictate? As the pain level probably indicates level of healing and how much weight the body is ready to handle?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love and hugs to all!
Marriage is the easiest thing I’ll ever done. But I second everyone’s advice that men are not mind readers lol. You’ll be fine. Love does conquer all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As everybody is different, perhaps let the pain or lack thereof dictate? As the pain level probably indicates level of healing and how much weight the body is ready to handle?

I think it is more of a stability concern to the surgeon but not completely sure. It is almost impossible to get him on the phone and I know Greg doesn't want me to try calling him so I am respecting his wishes. Thanks for brainstorming for us @Scandinavian! XOXO

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Argh @missy, so sorry the devil child is continuing to cause problems. If he wasn’t so cute he’d be an absolute menace! I’m sure your sister is giving you the best advice, and you are on top of the situation keeping a close eye on Oliver for anything unusual or changes. Around this time of year, there seems to be a lot of viruses around that affect pets. I can’t tell you the number of people in the Spinoni FB groups I belong to who’ve had days of vomiting, been worried half to death and then the next day, their dog is completely back to normal. I’m wondering if there’s anyway Oliver has only eaten part of the sock and hidden the rest, and vomited up what he’s eaten? It sounds as though he’s feeling a lot better today, although of course you’re worried that he hasn’t pooped. How frustrating that you’re getting conflicting advice about walker vs cane for Greg, I suppose ultimately it’s how he feels that matters, if he feels more stable with the walker, or if he feels the cane is giving him all the support he needs. Why can’t these professionals co-ordinate their advice?

You’ve done a good thing @Daisys and Diamonds, the kitten is beautiful, and I’m sure there’ll be no trouble in finding her a new home soon.

Sounds like you’re settling in well @bling_dream19 and making the house a home.
Like @Tekate, I didn’t want to get married, and certainly not at 19, but guess what, we’ve been married 41 years :lol: Don’t ask me how, I don’t think there’s any secret recipe, if it works, it works.

I’m with you @Tekate, I love the look of the WF bangles, but I also really love some of the beautiful deco bracelets I see coming up for auction. The workmanship and glamour of them is hard to beat, I can honestly say, that’s the only piece of bling I’d like to have, everything else, I’m more than happy with.

I think your new ring will look lovely @Mamabean, especially because the halo are baguettes. The way they react differently to light are something else. I like halos, I chose a halo for Marilyn because I wanted to protect the stone and add more definition to the shape.

That’s the first hurdle over with @junebug17, you finally met DS’s girlfriend and I imagine it was easier for her in that setting. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend going to see him play. What type of music do they play?

Oh @Scandanavian, I’m so sorry things are so difficult for your Mum, chemo is just brutal. Your poor grandmother too, she must be very worried about your Mum. I don’t think it’s unusual for people living on their own not to eat much, I think they feel it’s hardly worth bothering to cook for one. Of course, she needs to eat or get her nourishment some way to help her recover too. What a worry for you. Please take care.

I hope you’ve had a less frustrating day @Niffler75 I’m sure it must feel like you’re banging your head against a brick wall trying to get the best for your son.

Hi @marcy how’re things at work now that NN has left, have you noticed a difference in your co-workers?

Hey @Jimmianne - how’re you feeling now, has your vision settled?

How’re things with you @AV_?

Keep warm and safe @canuk-gal and relax when you can.

We went to Costco this afternoon, didn’t need a lot and managed to get out relatively unscathed :mrgreen:

47C6E510-22CC-4712-88E8-72D2DB6022B6.jpeg

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

OMG he is so cute!!

My annoying (sorry grandma) grandmother eats and cooks 5 times a day, propped dinner always. It’s just that her idea of proper is white fish, one potato and half a carrot. We have always teased her that she eats like a squirrel and in the same tempo as a turtle... Just not a very practical approach when you need to put on some serious weight lol. Think perhaps she likes to be thin...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is more of a stability concern to the surgeon but not completely sure. It is almost impossible to get him on the phone and I know Greg doesn't want me to try calling him so I am respecting his wishes. Thanks for brainstorming for us @Scandinavian! XOXO
Can’t hurt to be careful!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And thank you for liking my avatar

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina well isn't Branston delicious, and the pickle is too. :lol-2: I am usually not a fan of pickled food but I do enjoy a bit of Branson pickle with a nice mature cheddar cheese!
@missy no poop update yet? Do you think Oliver is clever enough to know you are waiting on this 'event' taking place and he is deliberately waiting!

Well no further forward today with support for my son. We do however have a very supportive specialist social worker who works for our regional post adoption support service and she is in a good position to bang some heads together. We adopted my son when he was 3, and unfortunately he had a very poor start in life and has been impacted by exposure to drugs/alcohol before he was born. There is very little support currently available for these needs currently in the UK. :cry2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Good to not hear of serious pain anymore.

@Tekate I need some new things!

Youngest decided to run in a straight line until he was good and well truly lost ...between yelling he kept finding and following grouse as he run around hallowing and kept getting more lost each time. Can’t remember the last time I was so angry.

Frankly, it all sounds very fun, possibly more for F though!

I tend to eat like your grandmother & do not wish to see myself 10kg lighter; this is why there be a few lunches of sardines & roasted pancetta each month. I cannot do more than usual easily, so there better be fat.

-

I'll have that break

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Good to not hear of serious pain anymore.

@Tekate I need some new things!

Frankly, it all sounds very fun, possibly more for F though!

I tend to eat like your grandmother & do not wish to see myself 10kg lighter; this is why there be a few lunches of sardines & roasted pancetta each month. I cannot do more than usual easily, so there better be fat.

-

I'll have that break
You definitely deserve a break now! It’s getting late. I had to drive my mother to the hospital, she started vomiting blood. Never a good idea. Blood, not hospital. So I’m practicing the waiting game again. Here’s to hoping you sleep and don’t read this until tomorrow!

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You definitely deserve a break now! It’s getting late. I had to drive my mother to the hospital, she started vomiting blood. Never a good idea. Blood, not hospital. So I’m practicing the waiting game again. Here’s to hoping you sleep and don’t read this until tomorrow!

@Scandinavian, I'm so sorry! I hope she's ok. Thinking of you both.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian I‘m so sorry that your mom is having such a hard time. My heart goes out to her. I also feel bad for you because you are taking care of everyone.
@missy Did Ollie poop? I scrolled up but didn't see an update since this afternoon. Come on Ollie..Poop
Did you get any information about if Greg can just use the cane? I looked it up and it said 1-3 weeks determined by the surgeon. Not much new with that info..sorry
@Austina I’m a little concerned that Shirley can do something to the baby. If she has dementia it’s possible. I don’t know how her daughter-in-law could put up with her and the new baby.
Thank you saying nice things about my ring..I wrestled with making it so a band would go flush..but to do that he would have to remove the gallery. It wasn’t an easy design fix where I would still like the ring. I left it the way it was in the model.
The sweet dog you will be dog watching for your friend is adorable. I’m sure you will love on her.. Or him? I think it will feel good to hug a dog again. I can’t wait until you can adopt another one. I understand you can’t do that until you move to Austin.
I have a lighter day tomorrow so I can catch up. I got my second Shingrex shot with my mom today. Then we went grocery shopping...After that we met Chris for lunch. He’s doing really well. He’s still in treatment and living there. I’ve been paying his rent..but it’s worth it to see him through this intensive therapy. He knows that I can’t keep paying his rent and bills...but for now..as long as he’s committed to beating his monster..I’ll support him...He seems like a different person..much more happy and less anxious..
I sold my AVR moissanite tonight. I’m going to miss it..It was so pretty but I wouldn’t wear it when I have the ACA..My husband put up with me dragging my feet for years...so I went for it. I‘m a jewelry hoarder. I’m going to start selling off things I haven’t worn in a long time.
Big news today! My daughter-in-law went for her 20 week sonogram today..It’s a boy! We are all excited!
I’m hoping when I send this there will be an good update on Ollie..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i hate to hear that @Scandinavian. mega Dust coming her way.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Scandi, how awful and frightening.
I am so sorry for what your Mom, and you, are going through. It’s a terrible time.

Mamabean, good news about Chris! and the baby!

Life for our dear NIRDIs certainly has its ups and downs.

I too am wondering if O has pooped. Come on O!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh dear Scandi
That's awful
Sending some of that special dust your way for your mum

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no!!! Dear @Scandinavian how are things now? I am so sorry. Praying hard for your mother and please let everything be OK. Sweetheart I am here for you. I am so so sorry. Sending bucketloads of good luck dust across the many miles and always lots of love and gentle big hugs. Please let us know how your mom is doing when you come up for air. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well no further forward today with support for my son. We do however have a very supportive specialist social worker who works for our regional post adoption support service and she is in a good position to bang some heads together. We adopted my son when he was 3, and unfortunately he had a very poor start in life and has been impacted by exposure to drugs/alcohol before he was born. There is very little support currently available for these needs currently in the UK. :cry2:

Oy, I am so sorry @Niffler75. I am hoping things turn around and you get as much support as you need. I am glad you have a wonderful specialist social worker however and that goes a long way and hopefully she can get you guys what you need and soon. Your son, of course, is super lucky to have you on his side. He might have had a challenging start in life but he is going to do very well because he is a very lucky little boy to have you and your DH as his parents. (((Hugs))) to all of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too am wondering if O has pooped. Come on O!!!

@missy Did Ollie poop? I scrolled up but didn't see an update since this afternoon. Come on Ollie..Poop
Did you get any information about if Greg can just use the cane? I looked it up and it said 1-3 weeks determined by the surgeon. Not much new with that info..sorry

@missy no poop update yet? Do you think Oliver is clever enough to know you are waiting on this 'event' taking place and he is deliberately waiting!

...waiting patiently at the bottom of the world for a ginger raskle to poop in Brooklyn

Thank you all and lol here is the poop report as of now. Tuesday and Wednesday poop report- Zero poop so far...
But also no vomit so fingers crossed the no vomiting holds and the pooping begins.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life for our dear NIRDIs certainly has its ups and downs.

It sure has. We have to take the bad with the good. And hold on tight because it is certainly a roller coaster ride isn't it. Here's hoping the good outweighs the bad and the sweet overtakes the bitter and that 2020 shapes up to be a sweet ride indeed.

And woohoo yes you are the 20,000th post. I never pay attention to that kind of thing but you mentioned it a week or so ago and then just yesterday I looked and haha we had gone way over.

Missy OMG!!! I WAS the 20,000th post!!! Thank you for pointing that out.
Guess I win the prize! LOL
Yay!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lighter day tomorrow so I can catch up. I got my second Shingrex shot with my mom today. Then we went grocery shopping...After that we met Chris for lunch. He’s doing really well. He’s still in treatment and living there. I’ve been paying his rent..but it’s worth it to see him through this intensive therapy. He knows that I can’t keep paying his rent and bills...but for now..as long as he’s committed to beating his monster..I’ll support him...He seems like a different person..much more happy and less anxious..
I sold my AVR moissanite tonight. I’m going to miss it..It was so pretty but I wouldn’t wear it when I have the ACA..My husband put up with me dragging my feet for years...so I went for it. I‘m a jewelry hoarder. I’m going to start selling off things I haven’t worn in a long time.
Big news today! My daughter-in-law went for her 20 week sonogram today..It’s a boy! We are all excited!
I’m hoping when I send this there will be an good update on Ollie..

Congrats on the sale of your AVR moissanite and big congratulations on your DIL's sonogram and news. Woohoo! A boy! Very exciting and maybe a boyfriend to be for Autie @Tekate ;-) Let's keep it in the PS family. Good people and amazing bling...

So glad Chris is doing well and I am thrilled for you all!

Haha I am a hoarder of bling as well. I don't wear most of my things and they are all in my safe. But so far I am happy to keep it there. It is hard for me to part with things. IDK why.

Sending Chris lots of good luck for continued success! And sending you big hugs Joanne. XOXO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results