shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, Oliver is sick. He vomited three times today starting with this morning and twice this afternoon. He is acting lethargic and no appetite which for him is very abnormal. I called my sister and she said see how he does overnight and if not better or worse bring him in tomorrow AM for X-rays.

Please if you could spare some dust for Oliver I would greatly appreciate it. With losing Francesca and Fred you can imagine where my mind is going. Praying for little Oliver. I cannot believe how much I wish he was driving me crazy right now chasing the others and eating everything he can. :( :( :(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls, Oliver is sick. He vomited three times today starting with this morning and twice this afternoon. He is acting lethargic and no appetite which for him is very abnormal. I called my sister and she said see how he does overnight and if not better or worse bring him in tomorrow AM for X-rays.

Please if you could spare some dust for Oliver I would greatly appreciate it. With losing Francesca and Fred you can imagine where my mind is going. Praying for little Oliver. I cannot believe how much I wish he was driving me crazy right now chasing the others and eating everything he can. :( :( :(

Oh Ollie
If you only knew the love being sent your way from so far away
Get well soon little guy
Please just have some non contagouse 24 hour thing and eat your breakfast tomorrow xoxoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ollie
If you only knew the love being sent your way from so far away
Get well soon little guy
Please just have some non contagouse 24 hour thing and eat your breakfast tomorrow xoxoxo

Thanks Daisy. My gut says it’s something bad. He eats everything and we think he ate a sock because this morning he vomited part of a sock. According to Greg. I cleaned it up and didn’t recognize that it was part of a sock. Anyway he’s very out of sorts. Please be ok little Ollie :pray:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are just back from the SPCA
The lady today was really nice and it looked like they had had a flurry of recent adoptions
They hold her for 7 days then she goes to be desexed then up for adoption
She went into the cage here at home fine
When we got home Tibby was on the front lawn ... i like to think maybe waiting for her to come home
Borris looks happier already but i feel a bit tearful

Be a good girl darling and have a long happy loving life
20200128_104234.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Daisy. My gut says it’s something bad. He eats everything and we think he ate a sock because this morning he vomited part of a sock. According to Greg. I cleaned it up and didn’t recognize that it was part of a sock. Anyway he’s very out of sorts. Please be ok little Ollie :pray:

Sorry
I wish we had other 'like' options
On my Bruce Springsteen forum we have a sad smilie

A sock !
Good lord Ollie
That's not good
And it wouldn't even taste good
He must be part labrador
Poor Ollie
He is in my kitty cat prayers

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry
I wish we had other 'like' options
On my Bruce Springsteen forum we have a sad smilie

A sock !
Good lord Ollie
That's not good
And it wouldn't even taste good
He must be part labrador
Poor Ollie
He is in my kitty cat prayers

I think he is part dog. He’s eaten part of two pair of pants. ::)

Congratulations on your newest furry family member Daisy! ❤

And I agree. I wish we had other choices like, cry, love, laugh.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think he is part dog. He’s eaten part of two pair of pants. ::)

Congratulations on your newest furry family member Daisy! ❤️

Oh the little kitten is the ferrel i befriended
I couldn't keep her
It would be irresponsible on my lack on income, its bad enough Tibby is still out sowing his wild oats

I think Gary wanted to almost keep her but Borris is Daddy's girl and it was becoming a circus with 3
But i fed her up, got her friendly and kept her safe and healthy so ive tried to give her a better start than she was born into just like someone once did for Tinky

Eatting pants is not good Ollie
pants are not a food group
Tinky did like to lie on his back and disembowl Gary's work sox and Borris bites the door snake
But Ollie i know your family buy you the best food - why are you eatting clothes ?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - mega dust for Oliver - get better little kitty.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m sorry Ollie is still lethargic and not eating. I’m praying he either vomits out the rest of the sock or poos it out.
My dog, Gordie, ate everything. Once he ate the plastic that covered my husband’s suit from the dry cleaner. It was hanging up without the see through plastic. I couldn’t figure it out until I realized he ate it. The vet said to watch for him to pass it a little and that I would have to help him get it out. I had to pull that plastic ever so gently to get it out. It was the shape of his intestines when it was out. Watch his hind end in case he needs help. Sorry for the graphic details but thought it might help Ollie..

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thank you for the LDN rec, I will definitely mention it to my brother. It's been hard recently for him to make it to doctor's appointments. I have offered to take him so he doesn't have to worry about driving but he is putting it off. Very glad to see Greg is making such good progress and it's great he was able to go out for a bit. He must be feeling very cooped up by now. Picking up Fred's ashes must have been really hard. I hate hearing Oliver isn't feeling well and I really hope he's doing better very soon.

@Mamabean, I can see where David wouldn't want to go to work after having such a fun weekend. My dh wasn't too thrilled about going to work either lol. I hope David gets back into the swing of things soon. Your pictures are beautiful. I've never been to Rehoboth but I have heard great things about it. The place you take Bailey to sounds fantastic. So nice to have the peace of mind that he's well cared for and happy while you're away.

@marcy, that pic of Marty and the bears is hysterical! The sapphire band you looked at this weekend is just gorgeous. I loved reading your upgrade wish-list. It will be tough to decide what to go for first. I have a big birthday this year and I'm already thinking about how I'll drown my sorrows...it will be with some kind of bling, that's for sure hehe. Glad you had a good visit with your sister and relaxed a bit this weekend. I know Monday rolls around very quickly.

@AV_, it sounds like you experienced a lot of loss at a young age and I am so sorry about that. You sound like you have your hands full with your work, but it's great that you enjoy it as well. I'm sure you will really enjoy your break next week.

@bling_dream19, I hope you had a great weekend. You and your dh have just begun a new life together and it's understandable you guys are figuring some things out right now, and yes, even feeling a bit of stress about it. It's natural to need some time to adjust and get used to sharing a life together. I hope you don't worry too much about it...As time passes you and your dh will get into a rhythm and fall into a comfortable routine with each other.

@Tekate, hope you had a blast with your friend and family...sounds like a lot of fun. I've been thinking about how quickly you had to move and I admire you for hanging in there and handling all of it so well. I know it must have been really exhausting and it's great to read you're having some good times now. It must be so rewarding seeing your son be such a great dad...you did a good job! I guess John deserves a little credit too haha!

@Daisys and Diamonds, the heat you are experiencing sounds just terrible and I hope things cool down for you. It was wonderful of you to take care of the kitten and keep her safe, and you also got her to a place where she will be safe and cared for. Sending you some hugs, I know you must be missing her and feeling a bit sad. She's gorgeous, and I'm sure she will be in her forever home soon.

@Niffler75, I'm really sorry you're having such a stressful time getting help for your son. It definitely should not be this hard or complicated. You are a great mom and such a good advocate for your boy. So excited to hear you're having a ring made, and I can't wait to see it!

@Austina, it's too bad you waited for Shirley and she didn't come on until later. I hope all is going well for her son, dil, and the new baby. And I really hope things work out and Shirley can handle these changes. Good for you for figuring out all the tech stuff...things like that can be next to impossible to solve sometimes. And very nice that you did pretty well hitting balls, sounds like a fun day.

@canuk-gal, I'm glad you gave yourself a break...it sounds like you've been working a lot lately.
So nice you were able to take a walk too.

I had a quiet but nice weekend. Ds's band was playing in a local place on Saturday night so dh and I dropped in for a while. They sounded good. My ds has been seeing someone for a while but we haven't met her yet, and she ended up showing up while we were there so we said hello. I think she's a bit shy and has been nervous about meeting us so hopefully this has broken the ice.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Daisys and Diamonds nice to get the table assembled; now to get your laptop working. That’s great your FIL did well with his knee replacements; I am sorry he is gone. That kitty looks kind of mad.

@Niffler75 sorry you are having trouble trying to get the right support for your son. Good luck with that. I can’t wait to see your garnet ring. Too funny you would have decorated your husband’s walker.

@missy that is good Greg was able to fix the remote control for the fan; of course I am not surprised he was able to fix it. I can totally understand you being a bundle of emotions after what you’ve been through the past year. I am glad you are back in the city so you can spend time with your friend M. That’s great Greg went for a walk yesterday and doesn’t have to use his walker anymore. Very cool he is doing well with PT. Oh no the SubZero is getting too cold now. Those are great glasses too bad they were big for your face. Your phone is taking great pictures.

@Mamabean it was gorgeous where you spent the weekend. It sounds like you had a good deal too.

@Jimmianne I have definitely seen articles about diamonds in the sky. How cool to see a meteorite hit; have you searched that area with a metal detector? They are often metallic. I totally laughed at the “12 step” group; that is priceless.

@Austina sorry Shirley is not her old self anymore. I am glad Colin is doing better. Yes, I know how men are when they are sick. Marty and I both had bronchitis at the same time. I had called in sick already; when I found out he was staying home sick I got dressed and went to work. I didn’t feel good enough to put up with him all day. Good deal getting your cameras working again. The one I had pointing in the house went off line last year some time. The camera still worked the company closed so you couldn’t access the camera remotely. I used to set it up looking at my teddy bears when we went somewhere. Ha Ha. Nice you went to the driving range.

@canuk-gal that’s good the snow is far away from you. My drifts out front are getting down to about 2 feet. Woo hoo!! Enjoy that balmy weather.

@junebug17 I haven’t shown Marty that picture yet; I should just post it on Facebook and surprise him. I totally agree you should get some new bling for your birthday. What is on your wish list? I was looking at ACA pairs on Whiteflash tonight. I am such a color snob I don’t know if I would like a J or K pair but that sure means I can get bigger diamonds for dangles. Then again you can’t see earrings on me anyway. How nice you went to listen to DS and his bad; I am sure that girl felt a little shy meeting you guys.

We had rain and snow today so it was quite chilly when I came home tonight. I had thawed out a 4 oz. hamburger to grill for supper but it was way too cold for that so I made myself 2 tacos with my hamburger. Quick and easy.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from the cold and rainy north!
How are you doing? I’m all me me me these days... but I really appreciate how kind you all are! I truly appreciate you! There is so much comfort and understanding here, and I feel very lucky for having you in my life!
Please forgive if I don’t reply to everything individual but I’ll at least try for a quick recap of the last few days lol.
My mother is still struggling with chemo. Even though I don’t think she has eaten any socks (or trousers) she looks a pure seasick green these days.

@missy, how is Ollie doing today? My furbabies sometimes throws up if they eat too much food too .. hopefully Oliver only sneaked food from the big boys? Someone once told me that asparagus (canned version) was good for getting scary things (like pieces of glass etc) out again... but my dogs are not that “eat all” creatures that I have ever been able to convince them of the many virtues of asparagus...

My grandmother is doing okay but is really underweight. She has always been thin, but worrying about my mother (she is my mother’s mother) has helped her loose 20 pounds that definitely didn’t need help being lost.. She does eat but not enough to gain any significant weight. But she is living alone and she is “of sound mind” so there is limited things I can do about it except pestering her... I did force her to buy a ton of nuts yesterday. Baby steps. She had to drink energy drinks when she was sick (not sure if they wee endure or other brand, she is diabetic and has celiac disease and IBS just to make life easier... lol got to laugh or you might cry) but now she is so sick of them that she point blank reduces. I did threaten to buy them and pinch her nose til she drinks them if she doesn’t gain any weight this week...
will post now because typing on my phone...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tried for some quality time with the dogs on Sunday. Youngest decided to run in a straight line until he was good and well truly lost and I could hear him calling like a wolf all over the mountain trying to call us to find him. Such a little idiot. He is supposed to have one of the best noses in the country and can smell a bird from a 100 meters. But backtracking his own trail is too much of a challenge. It took me almost two hours of running to find him. I thought I would die from worrying so much, he sounded like he was in pain but he was just scared. But between yelling he kept finding and following grouse as he run around hallowing and kept getting more lost each time. Can’t remember the last time I was so angry. After running for two hours and finally getting within hearing distance, the rascal ignores me and my extremely eager blowing-on-whistle efforts completely! He was so happy for being un-lost that he immediately looked for some more grouse to run down. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. GPS is a life saver but I think I’ll have to buy a very fast sheep dog and train him to fetch Furbaby F... kidding. Kind of. I don’t think he’ll run of again any time soon. I was so mad he walked about 50 meters behind me in my footsteps all the way back without me saying another word to him. And that is pretty hard for a dog like this with the whole mountain and lots of birds around him.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I forgot. Ever sure got a nice new friend!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy :wavey:Emergency healing dust sent from the UK. Thoughts and prayers for ollie.

@Scandinavian have been thinking about you and your mum. I think the nausea is the worst for alot of people. When I was a nurse I used to make peppermint tea for my patients. That can help!

Hi @Jimmianne @marcy @canuk-gal.
Glad you are all ok.
No snow here but very cold this morning.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning from the cold and rainy north!
How are you doing? I’m all me me me these days... but I really appreciate how kind you all are! I truly appreciate you! There is so much comfort and understanding here, and I feel very lucky for having you in my life!
Please forgive if I don’t reply to everything individual but I’ll at least try for a quick recap of the last few days lol.
My mother is still struggling with chemo. Even though I don’t think she has eaten any socks (or trousers) she looks a pure seasick green these days.

@missy, how is Ollie doing today? My furbabies sometimes throws up if they eat too much food too .. hopefully Oliver only sneaked food from the big boys? Someone once told me that asparagus (canned version) was good for getting scary things (like pieces of glass etc) out again... but my dogs are not that “eat all” creatures that I have ever been able to convince them of the many virtues of asparagus...

My grandmother is doing okay but is really underweight. She has always been thin, but worrying about my mother (she is my mother’s mother) has helped her loose 20 pounds that definitely didn’t need help being lost.. She does eat but not enough to gain any significant weight. But she is living alone and she is “of sound mind” so there is limited things I can do about it except pestering her... I did force her to buy a ton of nuts yesterday. Baby steps. She had to drink energy drinks when she was sick (not sure if they wee endure or other brand, she is diabetic and has celiac disease and IBS just to make life easier... lol got to laugh or you might cry) but now she is so sick of them that she point blank reduces. I did threaten to buy them and pinch her nose til she drinks them if she doesn’t gain any weight this week...
will post now because typing on my phone...

Im.so sorry your mum is having such a hard time with chemo
It just better be doing its job and hammering those cancer cells

I read an article the other day about malnutrition in the elderly
Your poor old grandma has so much on her plate (just not enough food) could you take her to s nutritionist who could gently give her some pointers
Does she live alone?
Maybe its just not very inspiring to only cook for just herself
My SIL used to make her dad lots of homemade tv dinners
Also when she cooked family meals she's freeze an extra plate for her dad
its a real worry when they get so thin

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your good wishes @marcy @Mamabean @Scandinavian @Niffler75 @Daisys and Diamonds @AV_ @junebug17 @Jimmianne and @rainwood.

Oliver vomited again last night at 9PM and I called my sister and she said we should bring him in tomorrow AM. She isn't working so we have to bring him in to see B or M. Both excellent veterinarians. Our fear is he ate something that is entwining his intestines and that could kill him. He was very not himself all last night and slept on the bed away from us. He got off the bed to vomit clear bile and then got back on the bed. This AM he was starving so I fed him at 4:30 AM and I am waiting to see if he vomits it back up. To complicate matters Bobby vomited twice yesterday too but he eats too fast and I am hoping it is just that as his behavior otherwise seems fine.

I'll be back later to respond to everyone's post. Thanks.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your good wishes @marcy @Mamabean @Scandinavian @Niffler75 @Daisys and Diamonds @AV_ @junebug17 @Jimmianne and @rainwood.

Oliver vomited again last night at 9PM and I called my sister and she said we should bring him in tomorrow AM. She isn't working so we have to bring him in to see B or M. Both excellent veterinarians. Our fear is he ate something that is entwining his intestines and that could kill him. He was very not himself all last night and slept on the bed away from us. He got off the bed to vomit clear bile and then got back on the bed. This AM he was starving so I fed him at 4:30 AM and I am waiting to see if he vomits it back up. To complicate matters Bobby vomited twice yesterday too but he eats too fast and I am hoping it is just that as his behavior otherwise seems fine.

I’m glad to hear he will be seen by a vet this morning! Please keep us posted XX

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad to hear he will be seen by a vet this morning! Please keep us posted XX

Just spoke to my sister and now she wants us to wait since I fed him this morning and no vomit yet. She said if he vomits bring him in immediately but don't bring him in if he doesn't. Since they will just watch him there in a cage because X-rays may or may not show a foreign body even if he has one it may not show up. So we wait and see if he vomits. I hate waiting games but in this case we have to wait as according to my sister this is best for Oliver. Vs waiting at the clinic in a cage. Ugh. But if he vomits this afternoon and we bring him in they may not be able to do surgery as there is only one vet on tonight and they cannot do emergency surgery with just one vet on or something like that. SO if he is going to vomit I hope he does it soon. When there are 2 experienced vets on hand during the day. Of course I hope he doesn't vomit at all! Please please please be OK little Ollie!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just spoke to my sister and now she wants us to wait since I fed him this morning and no vomit yet. She said if he vomits bring him in immediately but don't bring him in if he doesn't. Since they will just watch him there in a cage because X-rays may or may not show a foreign body even if he has one it may not show up. So we wait and see if he vomits. I hate waiting games but in this case we have to wait as according to my sister this is best for Oliver. Vs waiting at the clinic in a cage. Ugh. But if he vomits this afternoon and we bring him in they may not be able to do surgery as there is only one vet on tonight and they cannot do emergency surgery with just one vet on or something like that. SO if he is going to vomit I hope he does it soon. When there are 2 experienced vets on hand during the day. Of course I hope he doesn't vomit at all! Please please please be OK little Ollie!

Is there anything they can give him for pain?

Ps. With horses and bunnies, a car or trailer ride can make them poop...if you cannot do that, perhaps even putting O. in a carrier and taking him down the elevator.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Has Oliver pooped yet @missy? If he has then you know it’s moving through his system. I’m glad you are bringing him in this morning..Hope it’s a simple problem that they are able to solve this morning...Fingers and toes crossed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there anything they can give him for pain?

He seems OK this morning. Growling for food and if I go near the food he gets crazy lol so back to normal in that way. He does not seem to be in any distress or pain. Yesterday what happened is he vomited (part of?) a sock and I have yet to find the remainder of the sock. That was around 6AM? Then he vomited at 9AM and then at 1:30 PM and then at 9PM again. Now I know that might seem like we were being negligent parents but cats vomit a lot and often so at first I wasn't alarmed. But when he started acting very lethargic late afternoon early evening I became more alarmed. I called my sister who said observe but she was concerned about a foreign body. And then he vomited at 9PM and I called her and she said bring him in this AM. But this AM he ate normally and behaved normally ie not lethargic so my sister is now saying wait, observe and if he vomits today at all bring him in immediately. But to answer your question (with my too long winded response, sorry!) I do not believe he is in any pain.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has Oliver pooped yet @missy? If he has then you know it’s moving through his system. I’m glad you are bringing him in this morning..Hope it’s a simple problem that they are able to solve this morning...Fingers and toes crossed.

Yeah, Debbie asked. No poop yet :( Waiting and hoping he has a good poop. Fingers and toes crossed!

ETA: @Mamabean we are not yet bringing him in if you read my above posts. My sister wants us to wait and see if he vomits again and then yes we are bringing him in but until he vomits again she wants us to wait.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

We were posting at the same time. I hope he vomits soon so you can bring him in! Huge Hugs!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were posting at the same time. I hope he vomits soon so you can bring him in! Huge Hugs!!!

Thanks Joanne and better yet...no vomit at all and hopefully he is A OK and whatever was in his system is all out by now. Praying and hoping very hard that he will be OK and without surgical intervention!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He seems OK this morning. Growling for food and if I go near the food he gets crazy lol so back to normal in that way. He does not seem to be in any distress or pain. Yesterday what happened is he vomited (part of?) a sock and I have yet to find the remainder of the sock. That was around 6AM? Then he vomited at 9AM and then at 1:30 PM and then at 9PM again. Now I know that might seem like we were being negligent parents but cats vomit a lot and often so at first I wasn't alarmed. But when he started acting very lethargic late afternoon early evening I became more alarmed. I called my sister who said observe but she was concerned about a foreign body. And then he vomited at 9PM and I called her and she said bring him in this AM. But this AM he ate normally and behaved normally ie not lethargic so my sister is now saying wait, observe and if he vomits today at all bring him in immediately. But to answer your question (with my too long winded response, sorry!) I do not believe he is in any pain.

Okay..Maybe he has an upset stomach from eating the sock which he threw up..If he’s hungry then things must be moving down the pike...I hope so! Poop little Ollie!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Joanne and better yet...no vomit at all and hopefully he is A OK and whatever was in his system is all out by now. Praying and hoping very hard that he will be OK and without surgical intervention!

I was just thinking he may vomit up the remainder of what he ate. I hope he doesn’t need surgery..poor guy..Okay..switched I over to no vomiting! :pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't our first time at this rodeo sadly. A few months after we adopted Bobby in 2009 we thought he ate some Christmas decorations New Year's Day. He was vomiting up string or so we thought. So we rushed him to the emergency vet hospital in NYC and they did X-rays but couldn't find anything. I called my sister (office was closed New Year's Day no on call vet either) and she and her colleague on New Year's Day rushed to their vet hospital in LI and we drove Bobby there. And Debbie and Harris opened Bobby up to see if he had eaten string and nothing was found. So they closed him back up but it was quite an awful experience. We were so lucky. And now here we are again. I swear we do keep watch over the cats but some cats just eat everything and my sister says they have a death wish. Oy and Oh no. Praying Oliver is OK.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just thinking he may vomit up the remainder of what he ate. I hope he doesn’t need surgery..poor guy..Okay..switched I over to no vomiting! :pray:

LOL thanks Joanne! I really don't feel good about waiting. I want to rush him in now. But my sister makes good points and it is better to wait it out here than there though if he does vomit later it could be much worse that we waited....against my gut I am listening to my sister. But every ounce of me wants to bring him in now...Greg and my sister agree though that we should wait and observe. So poor Ollie is now confined to his playpen. :/

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy One of my cats Oreo throws up a lot. She gobbles her food up chucks then goes back for more! :sick: She is a little tinker.
Keeping an eye for news. Sending virtual hugs!
Love it that everyone is rallying round to support! Go ladies! :hand:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results