shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother is struggling her way through chemo. Today was a good day, she managed to visit her sofa... My grandmother is scary thin now, but at least she has no eye infection and no heart arrhythmia this week. Lol. Silver linings.

Scandi, I am glad to hear your Mom made it to the couch. That must have rasied her spirits, even if only a little. Sorry that your Grandmother is “scary thin”. Is she your Mom’s Mother?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother is struggling her way through chemo. Today was a good day, she managed to visit her sofa... My grandmother is scary thin now, but at least she has no eye infection and no heart arrhythmia this week. Lol. Silver linings.

Dear Scandi, life is so hard. Full of challenges. I agree we must rejoice where we can and find the good where we can...nonetheless, nothing is as hard or scary as what you and your mom are going through. Thinking of you and hoping your mom beats cancer. She is a warrior as are you. (((Hugs))).

Now it is time to fatten your grandmother up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's friyay :dance:. Hope everyone is well.
@missy hope Greg is continuing to heal. I have attached pics of my furbabies Oreo and Hershey.
@Austina hi, you ok? I have plans to meet with a new local jeweller/ silversmith who is going to set some loose stones in a ring. It will be a central spessartite with 5mm round brilliant Mali garnets either side. They will be bezel set on a 4mms side band. I am thinking whether the silver should be smooth or textured?
@Jimmianne absolutely in love with your ring. It is so quirky and unique. Quite jealous actually!
@Mamabean have a wonderful weekend away!
@bling_dream19 sorry you are feeling so anxious. Sometimes anxiety catches up with me. I find taking montmorency cherry juice before bedtime helps with sleep.

Have a good weekend everyone. xxx

IMG_20200124_182034.jpg IMG_20200124_182113.jpg

Your furry babies are precious. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina I'm sorry Colin is still not feeling well and I hope he feels better soon. Glad he went to the doctor to get it checked out. Smart man. Hugs

@AV_ true words. XO

@bling_dream19 hugs. Hope the house organization goes well and that you enjoy a relaxing weekend. XO

@Mamabean sounds like a fun weekend at the hotel. I hope you have a great time and are pampered and relaxed. Please enjoy. You deserve it. XO

Speaking of challenges but in the not critical or life dependent category...once again trouble with our Subzero. Just when we need ice for Greg's healing. It's always something. So believe it or not because I couldn't get a service person here before next week I bought another fridge. For the library as we are running out of room here lol. It's a relatively inexpensive GE fridge just to get us through Greg's recovery. But seriously tired of one thing after another. I am just glad our local store was happy to deliver it to us today. I went in this afternoon and spoke to Ralph the owner and he said no problem he will get it to me in an hour and he did. That is service.

This morning was funny because after I googled the possible issue I realized we needed to vacuum the condenser and I texted our super please come I need you and he ran over thinking Greg had fallen. #funny/notfunny. But we are so fortunate that we live here where our staff is the best and very attentive. Truly appreciate it so much.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! got my ring but first a few thoughts.

@missy hello girlie! Greg has the BEST wife and I'm so glad you do what you must for him, I would for John. Ollie looks so angelic on Greg's lap.. hard to believe a demon lurks below (on occasion!).. how's MISSY? how are you doing? how's your toe? take care of Missy please!!! thank you Missy girl. Thank you for your kind words Missy, they are a beacon at times for me because even though I'm def over the hill I still have that 'girl' problem of doubting myself :) so hugs the furbabies, give Greg a huge hug and hug YOU all from me, happy FriYAY! hope you guys don't get a storm that will have snow in the city! xoxoxoxo eta: no subzero for me, I"m looking at getting a generic Bosch, even tho my bestie has a Bosch and her panel went out and the darn thing beeps and beeps, it's under warranty but they can't get there for 3 weeks (2 now since this was last weekend) she is out of town this week, back then out of town next week so she isn't too concerned so maybe I should rethink the Bosch fridge too.. I remember when fridges and dishwashers just kept going.. I'm glad you could get a new fridge quickly and now the library is probably more enticing as you can get ice and snacks!).. xoxoxo

@Mamabean Have fun on your weekend with David at a hotel! didn't you do this one other time (of course I could be hallucinating).. I think it's a wonderful thing to give your son Joanne.. you are a wonderful mom, truly. Thank you very much for your comments on my ring which I am wearing, it is a lovely ring, it's very glittery in the light and EVER loves it. Have a great weekend in Maryland! can't wait to see our DK ring, it will rock rock and be a light show! xoxoxoxo

@marcy Hi Marcy, I'm glad Marty's job is still there, at IBM John and I lived thru the dreaded layoffs every year, John was deemed a 'critical skill' and was never in doubt till his last job but by then he was looking seriously at Intel, me? I always wasn't the one let go, but it is so demeaning, stressful, unkind, and probably needed to be but jeez don't you think they could at least TRY to move people around or re-train? sending dust for Marty's business and keeping his job till he doesn't want it anymore. Hope your weather is holding well and no snow on the horizon! happy weekend Marcy! xoxoxox

@Scandinavian Can your grandmother drink what we call 'ensure' here in the US, it's a high calorie drink that is supposed to have good stuff in it, at the end of my mother's life that was all she would eat and it helped keep the weight she had - on her.

@Calliecake Hey girl.. hope all is going groovy with you :) (pulling in my 60s lingo!) sending love to you and all your family? how's your grand-niece doing? Autie is getting HUGE and weighs over 20lbs.. sending love. xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 sounds like a good weekend in store for you.. organization! I organized my pantry and drawers here today, well some of the drawers, tons to go.. have a wonderful weekend, John and I went from living a normal life but I loved on weekends he always went out on the boat with the boat buds and babes ;-) (not me I'm boat agnostic) I called the boat THE BLONDE because she had a lot of John's money and time ;-) so we retired and truly I thought I was going to go insane, the constant being together drove me to depression, I considered divorce - seriously, I like my alone time, he seemed oblivious to me being a cranky old lady, he at first started a new team that he could manage, direct and IMPROVE, the team consisted of ME.. I finally had to tell him: "John I don't work for you!" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! etc.. I mean he was used to directing so many engineers etc that only thing that changed was the team.. so he pretended to get it, but he drifted back into the Gestapo Leader, more 'talking' and gradually I was released from my job and we have settled into a good, happy life and I think we both gave a little, I take direction on occasion from him and he leaves me alone and I try to be more understanding of the changes he has gone through and find him enchanting most times now :) it took work for me. xoxoxo

@Austina Hi!! did the physician say what Colin had? a virus probably. America has gone nuts over the virus in China - 2 cases! and the stock market does a dive.. Glad the wedding plans are progressing nicely...are they going to do a destination wedding (I know people do destination weddings here in Austin but since he lives in Austin it's not THEIR destination it's home!). :) I watched 1917 lost night and thought it excellent, did you like it? I think you said you so. Plans are coming together on the house.. soon we will break ground I think... xoxoxoxo (happy weekend).

@Jimmianne that ring is so uniquely gorgeous! love it, truly do Jimmi! I'd be curious to know how you would work health insurance if or when you make a final move to France. We have a friend who moved to France years ago and he has been trying to get into their health insurance for years, he about 74 now (73? 75?0 and he comes back for annual checkups....how's the DD DS and son in law? how's you? ;-) xoxoxoxoxo

@Niffler75 have a wonderful weekend, and I personally would not brush the silver I would keep it smooth, it's going to be really bitchin cool, look forward to seeing it when it's done. Have a great weekend xooxo

@Slick1 hope everything is going well.. send me a message if you want to talk, I plan on starting the whole trek to find a good oral surgeon, dentist, doc this coming week here in Austin, I can't go to the same people as before because I'm 30 miles up the road (183) and I don't want to drive that far, with the crazy driving here I'd not want to chance it. Have a wonderful weekend girl. xoxoxo

@sarahb Hola! greetings from Atown, have a wonderful weekend and it's wonderful to see/read you here in NIRDIs.. the best bunch in the world in my humble of genius opinion! xoxoxo

Okay so the ring came around 11:30 austin time... I love it, it's delicate, but it is a real sparkler and does enhance EVER I think..

newring4.jpg newring3.jpg newringinfridge2.jpg newringinfridge1.jpg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Tekate sparkly beautiful ring. Absolutely perfect size. Glad to arrived ok for you. I hate waiting for jewellery deliveries. :snooty: I just stop short of rugby tackling our poor postman! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@missy hello girlie! Greg has the BEST wife and I'm so glad you do what you must for him, I would for John. Ollie looks so angelic on Greg's lap.. hard to believe a demon lurks below (on occasion!).. how's MISSY? how are you doing? how's your toe? take care of Missy please!!! thank you Missy girl. Thank you for your kind words Missy, they are a beacon at times for me because even though I'm def over the hill I still have that 'girl' problem of doubting myself :) so hugs the furbabies, give Greg a huge hug and hug YOU all from me, happy FriYAY! hope you guys don't get a storm that will have snow in the city! xoxoxoxo eta: no subzero for me, I"m looking at getting a generic Bosch, even tho my bestie has a Bosch and her panel went out and the darn thing beeps and beeps, it's under warranty but they can't get there for 3 weeks (2 now since this was last weekend) she is out of town this week, back then out of town next week so she isn't too concerned so maybe I should rethink the Bosch fridge too.. I remember when fridges and dishwashers just kept going.. I'm glad you could get a new fridge quickly and now the library is probably more enticing as you can get ice and snacks!).. xoxoxo

@Mamabean Have fun on your weekend with David at a hotel! didn't you do this one other time (of course I could be hallucinating).. I think it's a wonderful thing to give your son Joanne.. you are a wonderful mom, truly. Thank you very much for your comments on my ring which I am wearing, it is a lovely ring, it's very glittery in the light and EVER loves it. Have a great weekend in Maryland! can't wait to see our DK ring, it will rock rock and be a light show! xoxoxoxo

@marcy Hi Marcy, I'm glad Marty's job is still there, at IBM John and I lived thru the dreaded layoffs every year, John was deemed a 'critical skill' and was never in doubt till his last job but by then he was looking seriously at Intel, me? I always wasn't the one let go, but it is so demeaning, stressful, unkind, and probably needed to be but jeez don't you think they could at least TRY to move people around or re-train? sending dust for Marty's business and keeping his job till he doesn't want it anymore. Hope your weather is holding well and no snow on the horizon! happy weekend Marcy! xoxoxox

@Scandinavian Can your grandmother drink what we call 'ensure' here in the US, it's a high calorie drink that is supposed to have good stuff in it, at the end of my mother's life that was all she would eat and it helped keep the weight she had - on her.

@Calliecake Hey girl.. hope all is going groovy with you :) (pulling in my 60s lingo!) sending love to you and all your family? how's your grand-niece doing? Autie is getting HUGE and weighs over 20lbs.. sending love. xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 sounds like a good weekend in store for you.. organization! I organized my pantry and drawers here today, well some of the drawers, tons to go.. have a wonderful weekend, John and I went from living a normal life but I loved on weekends he always went out on the boat with the boat buds and babes ;-) (not me I'm boat agnostic) I called the boat THE BLONDE because she had a lot of John's money and time ;-) so we retired and truly I thought I was going to go insane, the constant being together drove me to depression, I considered divorce - seriously, I like my alone time, he seemed oblivious to me being a cranky old lady, he at first started a new team that he could manage, direct and IMPROVE, the team consisted of ME.. I finally had to tell him: "John I don't work for you!" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! etc.. I mean he was used to directing so many engineers etc that only thing that changed was the team.. so he pretended to get it, but he drifted back into the Gestapo Leader, more 'talking' and gradually I was released from my job and we have settled into a good, happy life and I think we both gave a little, I take direction on occasion from him and he leaves me alone and I try to be more understanding of the changes he has gone through and find him enchanting most times now :) it took work for me. xoxoxo

@Austina Hi!! did the physician say what Colin had? a virus probably. America has gone nuts over the virus in China - 2 cases! and the stock market does a dive.. Glad the wedding plans are progressing nicely...are they going to do a destination wedding (I know people do destination weddings here in Austin but since he lives in Austin it's not THEIR destination it's home!). :) I watched 1917 lost night and thought it excellent, did you like it? I think you said you so. Plans are coming together on the house.. soon we will break ground I think... xoxoxoxo (happy weekend).

@Jimmianne that ring is so uniquely gorgeous! love it, truly do Jimmi! I'd be curious to know how you would work health insurance if or when you make a final move to France. We have a friend who moved to France years ago and he has been trying to get into their health insurance for years, he about 74 now (73? 75?0 and he comes back for annual checkups....how's the DD DS and son in law? how's you? ;-) xoxoxoxoxo

@Niffler75 have a wonderful weekend, and I personally would not brush the silver I would keep it smooth, it's going to be really bitchin cool, look forward to seeing it when it's done. Have a great weekend xooxo

@Slick1 hope everything is going well.. send me a message if you want to talk, I plan on starting the whole trek to find a good oral surgeon, dentist, doc this coming week here in Austin, I can't go to the same people as before because I'm 30 miles up the road (183) and I don't want to drive that far, with the crazy driving here I'd not want to chance it. Have a wonderful weekend girl. xoxoxo

@sarahb Hola! greetings from Atown, have a wonderful weekend and it's wonderful to see/read you here in NIRDIs.. the best bunch in the world in my humble of genius opinion! xoxoxo

Okay so the ring came around 11:30 austin time... I love it, it's delicate, but it is a real sparkler and does enhance EVER I think..

Yay!!! I’m sitting in s restaurant. We got here about an hour ago..I’m beat! I had to check for your ring! It’s gorgeous!! It looks so pretty with Ever!
I’ll catch up at the hotel. David is going in the pool so I have an hour! Woo Hoo!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean you are a wonderful person Joanne I am honored to be a friend of yours. Thank you so much.. I do like how it looks with EVER, wish I bought 2!

have a wonderful time with your son and family.. they are so lucky to have you!

Yay!!! I’m sitting in s restaurant. We got here about an hour ago..I’m beat! I had to check for your ring! It’s gorgeous!! It looks so pretty with Ever!
I’ll catch up at the hotel. David is going in the pool so I have an hour! Woo Hoo!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many Many thanks! I was soo lucky it came at 11:30 a.m.!! you are very kind girl! I appreciate it.

xoxoxo Kate

@Tekate sparkly beautiful ring. Absolutely perfect size. Glad to arrived ok for you. I hate waiting for jewellery deliveries. :snooty: I just stop short of rugby tackling our poor postman! :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shout out NIRDIS. Hope all is well.

Busy yet calm the last two days at work.....AOK. Hit 10C today and the night sky....sighohsogorgeous. :kiss2: Raising my hands up...

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Mamabean you are a wonderful person Joanne I am honored to be a friend of yours. Thank you so much.. I do like how it looks with EVER, wish I bought 2!

have a wonderful time with your son and family.. they are so lucky to have you!
Kate..I’m so happy you like it! Would you put Ever in the middle if you bought two?
It’s 8:30..David is already asleep..and I’m fading! Thank you for all your kind words...I’m the lucky one that I found all of you....My hubby is home. He’s going to a game with his brother tomorrow. My mom has her own room....I have one with David...I’m excited because I don’t have to do my husband’s nose drops all weekend! Weeeeeee!:appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Scandinavian that is awesome F doesn’t take puppy behavior. I can picture it now. I am getting stronger; it continues to amaze me. I am glad your mom made it to the sofa today; big hugs to her. I hate to hear your grandmother is so thin.

@missy I am glad to hear Greg is feeling better today. That really stinks the therapist and surgeon don’t agree on what Greg should do for PT. Generally I thought the surgeon told the therapist what to do but maybe not. It is so true that jobs and careers (and the skills involved) are ever changing. Cute kitty pictures. The photos our phone take in darkness is pretty impressive, huh? I kind of read the manual on taking pictures with my 11 Pro but don’t remember much of it. My biggest problem is what format to shoot. Yes Oliver is a sweetie when he’s sleeping. Good thing he is so cute. That is pretty funny he growls if someone touches his food but he eats the other kitty’s food. Oh no your Subzero is acting up again. That’s really nice to get a frig delivered so quickly. That is wonderful the building super came by to help you right away.

@Jimmianne your new ring is gorgeous. Such detail on the band. OMG I can’t believe the package was just left on the road. I am glad your neighbor found it. Those missing packages aren’t always porch pirates. Our mail is a mess. We must get 3-5 pieces of a mail a week that aren’t ours. Everyone posts on FB looking for missing mail or packages.

@Mamabean I doubt I’ll ever be strong enough to lift Marty; that would be a sight though. I am sure I was a sight hauling a table acrsos the road yesterday. What is that crazy lady doing with a table? How fun to have a plastic model to try on Monday. I’ll be anxious to see it. That is good you got a refund no your lost zircon, I know you’d rather have the ring though. That is nice Bailey is well taken care of at his hotel; I hope you have a lovely weekend at your hotel as well.

@blnig dream19 I totally am a RHR enabler. I love rings. I might go “look” tomorrow at a local jewelry store. They put everything 50-70% off during the Super Bowl but will give you the sale price the weekend before. Last year I bought my emerald / diamond band from them. I have always kept busy. I worked and taught astronomy at our local community college for 21 years - that was like 2 full time jobs. My parents were both workaholics so I come by it naturally. Which band do you wear the most with your ering?

@Austina I hope you don’t get a lot of snow. I totally chuckled at getting a cold is a near death experience. So true. I hope Colin is feeling better. I can see why you love your heart pendant; it is gorgeous. I’ve been eyeing the one that have at WF now. I hope Marty gets some new clients; he seemed pretty excited about it. The Chamber of Commerce posted videos on their FB page but that was all the coverage. That is awesome Adam bench pressed 315 pounds. He and Marty would enjoy chatting, I’m sure.

@Niffler75 Oreo and Hershey are cuties. The design for your garnet ring sounds great.

@AV_ it’s nice you can declare your own holidays

@Tekate your band is gorgeous and looks perfect with Ever. I am so glad you love it. Isn’t it awful how short-lived appliances are these days? They cost more and last a few years. I totally remember the many rounds of IBM layoffs; very scary for everyone. It would be nice if companies would try to move people in to something else. Marty could have moved to a few other departments if we relocated. I see he signed up for ladders.com today. Snow (other than flurries) isn’t expected until Monday. Woo hoo!!!

@canuk-gal woo hoo to 10 C - you need to stock up on sunblock. Since my thermometer at work keeps saying it’s 72 F I switched it over to C so I could “confirm” its cold at work.

Yay for Friday! We don’t have many plans for the weekend. Marty has to go get certified again for CPR. I am taking that time to go check out the jewelry sale. Such excitement.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, I'm sorry to hear Marty's coworker was let go and that you and he are concerned about his job security. I'm really hoping his job is safe. And hopefully the publicity from the Chamber of Commerce will bring in a few more clients. I think it is so wonderful that you're feeling stronger and things are easier for you. I'm really impressed by how hard you've been working on your lifting And the progress you've made. I hope you have a great weekend; have fun checking out the jewelry.

@Jimmianne, LOL to making a chart! this thread moves fast and it's hard to keep up. Your new ring is so beautiful. I love the intricate detailing. This brand really does seem to suit you so well. I can't believe the ring ended up so far from your house! Thank goodness your neighbor happened to see it. How is your eye doing?

@Scandinavian, my heart goes out to your mother, it must be really hard dealing with the chemo and feeling so ill all the time. Your life sounds much different now and I hope you are doing ok. It's wonderful that you are there for everyone. You have a lot on your plate and I hope you take care of yourself too.

@bling_dream19, I'm really sorry you've been dealing with some anxiety. I know it can be a struggle and make life really unpleasant. I hope you can figure out a way to manage it so that you can feel better and be more at peace. Have a wonderful weekend with your dh.

@missy, wishing Greg all the best as he makes his way through the PT and I hope he heals quickly and things go smoothly. I know the days must be long and tedious for you both. Going for a walk when you can and getting a little fresh air sounds like a good idea. It's good things worked out with the fridge. Really cute pics of Ollie and Tommy. And it's so sweet Oliver sleeps with you, and I take that as meaning he likes you!

@Mamabean, Chatham is a really lovely town. I have lived in NJ all my life, except for 3 years in Kansas due to dh's job. I grew up in the Elizabeth area and now I live in a NJ suburb close to Philadelphia. I hope you, David, and your mom are having a great time on your mini-vacation. Oh no to your zircon ring being lost! I'm so sorry. And what a shame your dangles are taking so long...I'm anxious to see them myself Ha. I love the cad David did but maybe he can tweak it a little more to your liking? Although he might be limited because it has to fit your stone. It's going to be absolutely beautiful.

@Niffler75, I'm sorry for all you've been through and so glad you recovered. It's really admirable that you made such a difference in peoples' lives through the work you did. It's wonderful you are now a mom to your precious son. Very happy to read you might have found the right teacher for him. LOL to Mr. Cartilage!! Your rings are beautiful and your spess ring is gorgeous! Amazing color.

@AV_, I hope the readers of your draft think it's a success lol! And yes, it's too bad these drafts can't be short and sweet. Good luck with getting it done and I hope you can get some time to relax on Sunday.

@Austina, my sister has a bichon frise and he is the cutest thing. Sweet and full of energy lol. I know it's so hard not having your Dottie with you and I wish you didn't have to wait so long to get another dog. And I'm sorry Colin is under the weather. Colds and viruses make a person feel so miserable. I hope he's feeling better soon.

@Tekate, yep, back in NJ! Weather is actually not bad, it hit 50 degrees today. So far can't complain...watch, we'll be hit with major snow in February lol. Sounds like you had a great time on Tuesday with the family...and I know Autie was the best part. She looks so adorable in that pic, and omg getting so big! And you look terrific, seriously. Sounds like things are starting to fall into place with the house design, exciting. I LOVE your new band with Ever. It's a beautiful ring and looks great with your stunning diamond.

I am so sorry...I know a few people mentioned melatonin for my brother but I can't remember who! thank you so much for the suggestion - he does use it sometimes and it does help a little but he thinks it might make him a little depressed.

Not too much going on here...will be a quiet weekend. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain so dh and I will just stay in and watch golf. Maybe we'll venture out for something to eat.

Wishing everyone a good day tomorrow!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Kate. Oh...that is discouraging about your friend. The bureaucracy is complicated. I have not even begun to delve into the health care quagmire. There seem to be no set rules...but if there are, no one knows quite what they are. You just pray for a kind government official and bring at least 3” of paperwork and a very humble demeanor. LOL.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday and happy Lunar New Year dear girls!

Oh Kate, your new ring is gorgeous. :love: It is the perfect complement to Ever and the combo is TDF on you. I am so happy for you!:appl:When you visit we have to do a photo shoot. And I hope Katie can come too! Oh no about your friend and her repair visit being scheduled for over 3 weeks away. That is crazy. I agree, they don't make things to last nowadays. How is she managing? I mean I know she is away right now but what about the rest of her family? And what about when she gets back? I would read all the CR reviews before deciding what brand to buy. My guess is they all equally suck lol. I have to say despite all the issues we have had nothing beats the inside and outside of the subzero. It fits so much and looks so good. At the beach house we decided against it because it is just way too much money now. When we got it in 2004 it was expensive but now it is ridiculously expensive. Like a car expensive. But we need to fix ours because it fits in the space and it also fits so much food. I love that about it.

The authorized Subzero place that used to come here no longer comes to Brooklyn and they directed me to a repair place in Westchester that is willing to come here but it was already late Friday morning and they only come here on Mondays (and Wednesdays I think) and they were very nice and accommodating in that they were willing to put us in for Monday. Which is the next business day but that's still 3 days away (from yesterday). But you do the best you can do right? In the meantime you know I couldn't risk not having the ice we need for Greg so yup I went out with my friend M and bought a fridge at our local appliance store. A small mom and pop operation that has been here since I lived in the neighborhood (1992) and that in itself is amazing. I always try shopping local if I can even if it is a bit more money. I like to support the small shops.

I am exhausted. Thanks for asking about me. I am putting myself on the back burner til we take care of Greg. I have issues. New bumps in my fingers, extra fast bone being destroyed (my Alk Phosphatase getting higher each blood test and the endocrinologist now wants me to do the radioactive bone scan ugh) and various other issues. All that can and has to wait til we get Greg up on his feet.

That is discouraging news about your friend in France. Worrisome. @Jimmianne what are your plans there? Do you have health coverage in France? Now I am worried for you. :(

Autie is so precious. I really cannot say enough what an adorable little girl she is. I swoon over her photos more than bling and that is the truth. Probably that she is your granddaughter makes her even more precious to me but she really is objectively the most adorable little girl!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and please share more photos of bling and of Autie with us if you have the time and energy. Big hugs to you sweet and great Kate!

HI:

Shout out NIRDIS. Hope all is well.

Busy yet calm the last two days at work.....AOK. Hit 10C today and the night sky....sighohsogorgeous. :kiss2: Raising my hands up...

cheers--Sharon

Dear Sharon glad you had a few calm days at work and being busy but not crazy is always a plus. The days are engaging and go quickly too. Sweet that you hit 10 C yesterday. We hit 50 F and it was awesome. I took a nice long walk with my girlfriend M and well it made me feel alive again after being cooped up for the past week. It felt so good being out in the sun. We are getting rain this weekend but yesterday gave me the energy to make it through lol. Enjoy your wonderful weather and have a good weekend dear Sharon and hugs!

@missy I am glad to hear Greg is feeling better today. That really stinks the therapist and surgeon don’t agree on what Greg should do for PT. Generally I thought the surgeon told the therapist what to do but maybe not. It is so true that jobs and careers (and the skills involved) are ever changing. Cute kitty pictures. The photos our phone take in darkness is pretty impressive, huh? I kind of read the manual on taking pictures with my 11 Pro but don’t remember much of it. My biggest problem is what format to shoot. Yes Oliver is a sweetie when he’s sleeping. Good thing he is so cute. That is pretty funny he growls if someone touches his food but he eats the other kitty’s food. Oh no your Subzero is acting up again. That’s really nice to get a frig delivered so quickly. That is wonderful the building super came by to help you right away.

Thank you Marcy. Yes the iPhone photos are impressive indeed. Thanks for pushing me to get the Pro Max. I have no clue about the formats. I have much to learn. We are lucky we live here and have such a great staff. When we were away Ed (our super) helped us out where he could and it made a big difference. He puts deliveries that needed to be refrigerated away for us in the fridge and stuff like that. You cannot beat that kind of service. And he's nice too. All our staff is really nice. Speaking of nice Oliver is sweet yes when he is sleeping and other rare times throughout the day. OMG I really don't know what to do about him. I think we have to see this through and hope for the best. My main concern is Tommy and the food issue because I cannot leave food out and despite feeding Tommy throughout the day and putting Oliver in his playpen when I feed Tommy it isn't working. Tommy is losing weight and Oliver is getting chubby. I cannot sacrifice Tommy for Oliver and I am doing my best. We will re asses in a few weeks probably. I have to get Tommy to my sister and see what her evaluation shows.

Oh how much fun is it that you are going to a jewelry sale this weekend. Please share details. Where is this sale? What do you have your eyes on? Good luck to Marty re his CPR re certification. I used to have to do that on a regular basis. Hope it goes smoothly for him and hope you find some gems at the sale! Hugs to you Marcy my friend.

@Jimmianne dear sweet kind generous Jimmianne, how are you feeling? How is your eye doing? What are your thoughts about your newest addition to the Sepkus collection? Sorry for all the questions but I am excited to hear your thoughts. Hope all is going well and that you have a fun weekend on tap. Big hugs.

ETA OK you just posted and answered my questions above re health insurance in France. Oy I hope it works out.

@Scandinavian honey, how is your mom doing? And how are you holding up? Thinking of you each and every day and sending continued good thoughts and lots of healing dust your and your mom's way and grandmother's. Hugs dear Scandi.

@Slick1 sorry you were feeling so under the weather yesterday and glad you listened to your body and went home a bit early and got to relax a little and rest and hope you can continue taking it easy and recuperating. Hope you had a good night's sleep. You have been through so much and you are doing so well. Truly. You are a trooper dear Slick. Sending you so many good wishes and hugs and one day you will look back on all this with a huge sense of relief for having gotten through it. Hugs!

@Mamabean enjoy your special weekend away and hope you have a lovely time. I hope your dangles arrive to you soon. I think we are all excited to see them haha. And oh I am sorry about the lost zircon ring. Your David ring is going to be stunning. I cannot wait for you to get it!

@junebug17 your weekend plans sound perfect for a rainy weekend. About melatonin please tell your brother to be careful with that especially if he feels it depresses him further. I know it is questionable to use in some cases ie if one has AI issues. IDK if your brother does have any AI issues but if he does please have him read up about that. I for one cannot take Melatonin as it might wreak havoc with other health issues. How is your brother doing? I think I mentioned this but will share again. I find LDN (low dose Naltrexone) helps me with sleeping and also is good for a number of other issues. Once again I cannot speak for your brother's individual case but maybe he can ask his physician about it. It isn't accepted in mainstream medicine yet however so not sure his doctor will be knowledgeable about it uses off label but just wanted to share that in case it could help your brother. Have a lovely weekend Junie.

@AV_ hope you do get to enjoy a relaxing weekend and perhaps get a walk or two in there as well? Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds how are you Nicky? Thinking of you and hoping you and your loved ones are doing well. XO.

@Austina how is Colin feeling today? Sending him healing vibes across the miles and sending you hugs. When is your next trip?

@Niffler75 hope you and your family enjoy a nice weekend. Any updates re the services you are trying to get for your sweet son? Hope you get good news very soon.

@bling_dream19 sweet girl,I am already looking forward to next spring/summer and hope we can meet again at our fave ice cream shoppe in Ocean Grove. Remind me, are you planning to rent a place there this summer? Hope your reorganization plans are going well this weekend and that you manage to find time to have fun with your DH too. Hugs to you sweet lovely lady. XO.

Yesterday was hectic with the fridge issue and trying to get that resolved and other things that inevitably pop up when least expected and needed lol. But I managed to get a good walk in with my dear friend M and also we picked up Fred's ashes (thank you to M for being willing to walk that far with me as I didn't relish doing it alone) and also got a fridge haha. And before I knew it the day was over. Today we are expecting a visiting nurse to come and remove Greg's bandage and it is a rainy day all day so probably just staying in with Greg. He cannot go anywhere right now anyway but he is always glad for me to take a break and get out. And the biggest plans we have atm is waiting for Subzero repair on Monday. Just hoping they come and can figure out the issue easily and fix it easily. Sometimes these repairs are drawn out and that would be unpleasant. But we will deal with whatever comes as we have no other choice. How's that for philosophical?

I hope everyone has a lovely Caturday Saturday and to that end I am leaving you with what else. A cat photo. :lol: Sending my friends here hugs and love.

And happy Lunar New Year!

Francesca grooming herself. Oh I miss our sweet girl and sweet boy so much and am dedicating this post to all the furry babies we lost in 2019 and 2020. No, scratch that. I am dedicating today's post to all our furry babies who are sadly gone. One day we will all be reunited.

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 6.23.34 AM.png

and Fred with Billy who died in 2009.

fredandbillyoncouch.png

and lastly an oldie but a goodie. My very first cat Buster. We were visiting my parents at the time of this photo. Buster was such a good boy. My first cat and the first one to play fetch and he taught the others how.

IDK why this photo is like this but it is the only one I can find in the computer files.

missyandbuster.jpg.png

Have a good Caturday Saturday and a happy Lunar New Year. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I want to add this old photo. My only photo of my first 3 cats.

I got Buster in 1992 (from the ASPCA) and in 1993 I rescued these 2 babies. Billy and Butch. They were found in Great Neck LI in the middle of a snow storm in November/December by 2 little old ladies who were sisters. And clients of my sister. And my sister called me up saying Missy, please consider saving these kitties and Buster needs cat companionship. And of course I am a softie when it comes to animals in need so the 2 sisters (very old) drove to Brooklyn with Billy and Butch (unnamed at that time) and well they walked out of the carrier right to me and I was in love.

They really were the best trio ever. They were like dogs in personality and I never had cats like that since. All cats are wonderful but different and Billy and Butch and Buster were the friendliest cats ever. They would walk up to strangers who visited. They showed no fear. Butch would catch bugs mid air. He was fierce. He died of a severe autoimmune kidney disease in 2001. It was heartbreaking. He was young. He was such a good boy. His brother Billy died in 2009. Heart and kidney complications from long term diabetes which we controlled for many many years. He had a good life and was almost 16. Buster died at around age 14 from cancer. We kept him alive for years with his cancer and he had a good quality of life for as long as we were able to give him life. I miss all our furry babies.

This is the only photo I have of all 3 of them in my computer. I have a photo album of them but in my files on the computer just this one.

billybutchandbuster.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is sweetest when he is sleeping. Hahaha. And if you put food on your eye yes he will get in there and administer your meds. He is very food motivated. To the point he growls quite loudly if one touches his food at all. :eek-2:

This just cracks me up @missy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This just cracks me up @missy!

It is pretty amusing to watch though a bit upsetting too. You know how some things can tickle your funny bone at the same time as causing a bit of aggravation. That is exactly how this is. #funny/notfunny

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Scandinavian Your poor mom and grandma..I’m sure the stress is getting to you too. How many weeks left of chemo for your mom? I was thinking the same thing as @Tekate...giving your grandma a calorie dense drink like we have here..Ensure...That’s good news she doesn’t have an eye infection or heart arrhythmia now.
I can picture Bailey running around with his friends today..I told them that if it was drizzling or raining not to let him out. They also have an huge indoor, gymnasium size play area that he can run around in. His hair is so thick that if he goes into his room while still damp he can get a skin infection. His skin is old and and very sensitive. They give him an elevated mat to sleep on that breathes..but he’s afraid of it so he sleeps on the floor in his room...I pack a baby blanket for him that’s I rub all over me before packing it so he has my scent when he goes to sleep. They say he can’t wait to get it for his naps and at night. He sniffs it and goes right off..:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is pretty amusing to watch though a bit upsetting too. You know how some things can tickle your funny bone at the same time as causing a bit of aggravation. That is exactly how this is. #funny/notfunny

Yes @missy..You’re explaining how I feel about my husband sometimes...#kidding/notkidding

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Multi color sapphires in WG with diamond accents. $1500 sale price. Decisions decisions

B8A4D91C-E8D2-4A48-AAC0-FB54E32B83BB.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

@Tekate You give excellent advice with some humor and I love it! I think my hubby is starting to get it. Ours is kind of the opposite, he's not directing me like what you went through. He's more like wanting to help me but I get stressed out because I don't know what to tell him to do. So I usually try to make a joke out of it. I really can't think about what he can do to help me. I'm just trying to manage myself lol. He's outside now doing yard work.
Ok onto bigger and better things!! Your ETERNITY!!! It's gorgeous and absolutely perfect with Ever! What did you wear before with Ever? How is the comfort? It's absolutely STUNNING! :kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@junebug17 thank you about Marty’s job. He seems to keep hoping he can eventually make a living as a coach but I don’t see that happening here anyway. I don’t do well with uncertainty. I did enjoy browsing the jewelry store. That have a ruby band like the emerald band I got last year but I hate to have “twins” even if they are different stones. I appreciate your support about lifting; I think it is good for me. That is too bad about melatonin not working well for your brother; that is often the problem with medicine or supplements - they help one thing and cause some other issue. We are watching golf too and went out for lunch already. I enjoy lazy days.

@Jimmianne once bureaucracy gets involved things become more difficult than they have to be; good luck getting medical coverage while you are in France. Do they have basically coverage for all? Ha Ha - Marty is not a dear trusting soul. He already woke up and “stretched” knocking both the bear and puppy off. You know I’m putting them back, right? I do tell him all the time he has to sleep sometime. Of course he threatens if I mess with him all my bears will be gone.

@missy I am sure you feel lots of stress and pressure and hate to hear you have issues you are pushing aside for now but I know Greg has all of your focus right now. Hugs to both of you, just face things one at a time, right? I hope Greg’s visit with the nurse goes well today. That is too bad someone can’t come until Monday to look at your subzero; hopefully it’s an easy fix and they have the part(s) with them. I am glad M went with you on your long walk and to pick up Fred’s ashes; nice to have a good friend with you for that. The staff at your place definitely can’t be beat; that is awesome. What a relief to know you can count on them. Darn they don’t have cat obedience schools you could send Oliver too. I hate to hear Tommy is losing weight. The jewelry sale is a locally owned store that has rather nice jewelry, watches, silver and crystal. I just wanted to look for a deal on something I couldn’t live without. I do like the multi color sapphire ring but doubt I’ll get it. They always have a big sale around the time of the super bowl. I enjoyed all of your pictures; you have given many sweet kitties a wonderful live.

@Mamabean Bailey’s hotel sounds very special and that they take good care of him; how cool he loves snuggling up with the blanket that smells like you. I totally chuckled about you and your husband for #kidding/not kidding. I can so identify with that.

@bling_dream19 I think I struggled for years adapting to being married and living with Marty. I have a tendency not to really say what I want or feel but then I get upset because he doesn’t know. I finally got it he doesn’t do hints and if I want something I have to ask for it. I remember one time I was leaving for class and asked him to take the laundry out when the dryer buzzer went off. I got home from school and found all the laundry in a basket in the middle of the living room. I’m insta-irritated and ask why he didn’t hang up our clothes; I couldn’t argue with his response I didn’t ask him to hang it up and he did exactly what I asked him to do. It simply didn’t dawn on him to do anything else.

I lounged around this morning even though I got up at 6:30. Marty did get his CPR certificate; we met for lunch and now he’s napping and I started on laundry.

I think I’ll pass on that ring. $1500 is a good deal on it but that’s money I can put toward my next “project”. I thought the 2 orange sapphires were very close in color and don’t want to worry about those little diamond accents coming off. The place most of my RHR’s are from has a great upgrade policy on both jewelry and loose diamonds / gemstones plus they fix everything free. Hence 90% of my jewelry is from them. I can’t loose any of my money, if I decide I don’t like it anymore or want a larger stone or different setting I can just trade it in.

Have a great day.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I cannot get your words ('bussy with nothing') of my mind: writing is so like nothing & it still needs time, so there is little else to talk about. It rained here too, just as well - I'll have my break when the rains break next week. Fingers crossed for that knee pulling itself together!

ps. You look so happy in the Buster photo, it could be a portrait of the kind there were never more than a couple or only one.

LOL know the feeling. My DH still works like that, whilst I have had to cut back because of my mother (and grandmother and thus lack of babysitters lol). But having time with my two children and two dogs and trying to help my mother and grandmother is actually more exhausting in a way. But I’m trying to count my blessings - DH makes enough money for both of us. But I miss the thinking part. I love solving new challenges. As I’m guessing you do too.

I took a big one this time ,( I am not dissapointed, just starting to see an idiot in the mirror!
There is little family & not close, else I wouldn't have gone so wild. I got to live through the very old age of my parents and their chieldless siblings in my early teens & it would not be easier now [of course the real brunt did not fall onto me, the kid; I can barely immagine the chaos you are keeping - beautifully, restrained.] This time does remind me of those years. I'll need a life.

-

Day over.

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

@junebug17 thank you about Marty’s job. He seems to keep hoping he can eventually make a living as a coach but I don’t see that happening here anyway. I don’t do well with uncertainty. I did enjoy browsing the jewelry store. That have a ruby band like the emerald band I got last year but I hate to have “twins” even if they are different stones. I appreciate your support about lifting; I think it is good for me. That is too bad about melatonin not working well for your brother; that is often the problem with medicine or supplements - they help one thing and cause some other issue. We are watching golf too and went out for lunch already. I enjoy lazy days.

@Jimmianne once bureaucracy gets involved things become more difficult than they have to be; good luck getting medical coverage while you are in France. Do they have basically coverage for all? Ha Ha - Marty is not a dear trusting soul. He already woke up and “stretched” knocking both the bear and puppy off. You know I’m putting them back, right? I do tell him all the time he has to sleep sometime. Of course he threatens if I mess with him all my bears will be gone.

@missy I am sure you feel lots of stress and pressure and hate to hear you have issues you are pushing aside for now but I know Greg has all of your focus right now. Hugs to both of you, just face things one at a time, right? I hope Greg’s visit with the nurse goes well today. That is too bad someone can’t come until Monday to look at your subzero; hopefully it’s an easy fix and they have the part(s) with them. I am glad M went with you on your long walk and to pick up Fred’s ashes; nice to have a good friend with you for that. The staff at your place definitely can’t be beat; that is awesome. What a relief to know you can count on them. Darn they don’t have cat obedience schools you could send Oliver too. I hate to hear Tommy is losing weight. The jewelry sale is a locally owned store that has rather nice jewelry, watches, silver and crystal. I just wanted to look for a deal on something I couldn’t live without. I do like the multi color sapphire ring but doubt I’ll get it. They always have a big sale around the time of the super bowl. I enjoyed all of your pictures; you have given many sweet kitties a wonderful live.

@Mamabean Bailey’s hotel sounds very special and that they take good care of him; how cool he loves snuggling up with the blanket that smells like you. I totally chuckled about you and your husband for #kidding/not kidding. I can so identify with that.

@bling_dream19 I think I struggled for years adapting to being married and living with Marty. I have a tendency not to really say what I want or feel but then I get upset because he doesn’t know. I finally got it he doesn’t do hints and if I want something I have to ask for it. I remember one time I was leaving for class and asked him to take the laundry out when the dryer buzzer went off. I got home from school and found all the laundry in a basket in the middle of the living room. I’m insta-irritated and ask why he didn’t hang up our clothes; I couldn’t argue with his response I didn’t ask him to hang it up and he did exactly what I asked him to do. It simply didn’t dawn on him to do anything else.

I lounged around this morning even though I got up at 6:30. Marty did get his CPR certificate; we met for lunch and now he’s napping and I started on laundry.

I think I’ll pass on that ring. $1500 is a good deal on it but that’s money I can put toward my next “project”. I thought the 2 orange sapphires were very close in color and don’t want to worry about those little diamond accents coming off. The place most of my RHR’s are from has a great upgrade policy on both jewelry and loose diamonds / gemstones plus they fix everything free. Hence 90% of my jewelry is from them. I can’t loose any of my money, if I decide I don’t like it anymore or want a larger stone or different setting I can just trade it in.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Marcy that is a great story and it made me smile and giggle! Yes we need to ask for exactly what we want. I don't really know what I want until I do and then I want it exactly the way I want lol. And that's helpful to know it took you a few years to really adjust to marriage and living together. I will keep that in mind. I had all these visions of how marriage would be and I never realized the adjusting part. Today was fun, we wrote down places we want to visit. I learn so much from the folks on PS. Your ring you posted is gorgeous but the diamonds falling out potentially would not be fun.
And nothing like a Saturday nap great idea Marty!
Hope everyone is having a great Caturday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ writing takes a lot of time and energy. I write a 12 page newsletter every month and write an article for the paper. I have trouble coming up with the topic for the paper.

@bling_dream19 I am glad my story amused you. 29 years later we still have some miscommunications. I used to leave Marty "honey do" lists most of which he never did so now they are "honey ignore" lists so if he does them I am plesantly surpriised; if he doesn't he did exactly what I asked him to do.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 and @marcy Exactly, John said to me at least 400 million jillion times "Kate I cannot read your mind, tell me what you want".. but as women alluding to or implying or suggesting are things we are taught, hear, and see from our role models when we are young, basically we or rather I need to just say it, this helped John and I communicate on a guy level! I used to blow up and then he wouldn't speak to me for a few days, I blow he pulls in, boy he holds a grudge! but I have learned to just continue my life and not try and cajole him into being happy and not mad.. things work much better now.

@marcy what ideas do you have for upgrading!

@bling_dream19 thank you! for your kind words I'm a humorous old biddie!

@missy My bestie and her husband travel constantly, her daughter lives in California with the 2 grands, daughter going thru divorce from very very rich guy (dunno why), son lives in Dallas, husband goes all over the world all the time solving big Blue problems with high end clients, he's a great guy, so basically they are home maybe for a week a month.. Not sure how's she coping, she got home last night, we are all meeting for brunch again at our favorite place El Dorado tomorrow - Mike, Cara and Autie too! so I will hear what she's been doing, sometimes we go over to their house after brunch so I'll hear about the fridge, it's not really loud but annoying, weather here has been nice and will still be nice till they leave Monday so they have an outdoor living area with a tv etc so they may spend time outside by the pool, the Atown thing to do. How's Greg? How's that little minx Ollie? how's our Missy? Brooklyn weather looks good for this week. Greg is one week down almost and I hope this week brings him less pain. Mike and Autie spent the day here so Cara could have some 'me' time.. Mike is a great husband I am very proud of him and also we watch Autie too, so I get my baby with his baby! wish my other baby lived here but he wants Europe next who knows figuring Chris out has been a challenge for me always. Missing you Missy the Marvelous, looking forward to meeting up this year for sure.. give my love to Greg and the furbabies.. ! xoxoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, happy back in Jersey? I'm sure it's inviting to want to stay in the south for the winter.. problem there is the hot summers.. Hope the DS and DD are doing well and staying warm.. sending love your way June.. xoxo

@Slick1 Hi hope you feel better and better it's quite a journey you are on. sending love and healing thoughts and dust.. xoxoxo

@Mamabean are you on your way back to PA? it's hard to keep up with you girls with 2 homes! Any news on your ring with Mr Klaas? I'm so excited for you Joanne.. it's going to be spectacular.. xoxoxo

@Jimmianne gonna try to get a better shot of my ring, my friend has an Iphone and I'm going to ask her tomorrow if I can take some pix of my ring with her phone and send them to me, if we have time.. My son has a supersonic google phone and I could try his camera too. How's the eye doing? Hope all's well down your way.. xoxo

@missy forgot to mention the pictures you put up were wonderful and made me smile! xoxo

@Calliecake Hi! xoxoxo

@AV_ Hope your weather is holding up well and all's good with you! xoxo

@Scandinavian I so hope your mom and grandmom have good a good week and you too! and your family... have a great Sunday.. xoxoxo

sending love to allllll the NIRDI's I'm just tired and ready to go to bed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results