shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Poodles4me I don’t usually bother to get involved, but I don’t like the double standards of people thinking they can say what they like, and a lot of the comments are ill informed. The press here in the UK have not been making racist comments about MM, the feeling amongst the British people is that there are a lot of double standards going on with the Sussexes preaching to us about air travel, when they take many more flights than the average Brit. The timing and wording of their announcement is what people are upset about.

As you say, the downing of the Ukrainian Airline plane was an awful event, and seeing news coverage yesterday of all those poor families that have lost their loved ones was just heartbreaking, I’m so sorry that this has happened to your fellow countrymen.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Poodles4me I don’t usually bother to get involved, but I don’t like the double standards of people thinking they can say what they like, and a lot of the comments are ill informed. The press here in the UK have not been making racist comments about MM, the feeling amongst the British people is that there are a lot of double standards going on with the Sussexes preaching to us about air travel, when they take many more flights than the average Brit. The timing and wording of their announcement is what people are upset about.

As you say, the downing of the Ukrainian Airline plane was an awful event, and seeing news coverage yesterday of all those poor families that have lost their loved ones was just heartbreaking, I’m so sorry that this has happened to your fellow countrymen.

Yes, a lot of the comments are ill informed. My husband spent a lot of time in the UK over the years for work so he has a pretty good understanding. Actually my biggest regret is not going with him as I was too scared to fly at that point (before I discovered anti-anxiety meds). My grandparents on my dad’s side are from the UK so I do hope to get there one day to explore the family history.

I admire HM Queen Elizabeth very much. Some people may shake their heads at this, but the biggest thrill of my life was when I saw her in person at the ground breaking ceremony for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. We sat in the front row at the ceremony. I was terrified she’d stop and talk to us. She did’t, she made a beeline to the young people and spoke with them. It was wonderful to see how she interacted with them.

And I also agree there seems to be double standards with Harry and Meghan. If he really didn’t want the life he should have left before he married and spared everyone the agony. I don’t know how it will all play out in the end. Maybe she can go to Hollywood and take Harry with her (lol).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello dear @Daisys and Diamonds !!! So nice to see you here Nicky and so wonderful of you socializing a kitty that needs love and a home. Are you taking her in? Is she going to be yours? What is her name? Hugs t you and your furry crew.

Oh man im so far behind again
best wishes to all you lobelly NIRDI ladies

Part of me would like to keep her, but Gary bearly copes with 2 cats- and its a recepie for disaster when we have a resident Tom - who is being very nice to her (and i really need to be working)
Borris not so nice to the poor wee thing
Yesterday it rained and Tibby and Borris came inside and didn't think to invite the kitten -she never got completly drenched, and she got chicken for breakfast but she needs a proper loving home and being so pretty (not that Borris and Tibby arn't pretty) the kitten has classical good looks and she is young and little- im sure she will find a forever home sooner rather than latter at the SPCA
I can pick her up but not pick up and cuddle although she is getting affectionate and playful
I keep thinking of Ollie but she is trying to learn how its done
i think Tibby was dedinatly someone's kitten once because he understands about claws and human skin but the little kitten has to start somewhere and she watches the other two
today i have the cat cage sitting out on the lawn so she isnt suspicious
.....no one suspects anything (well maybe Borris)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, a lot of the comments are ill informed. My husband spent a lot of time in the UK over the years for work so he has a pretty good understanding. Actually my biggest regret is not going with him as I was too scared to fly at that point (before I discovered anti-anxiety meds). My grandparents on my dad’s side are from the UK so I do hope to get there one day to explore the family history.

I admire HM Queen Elizabeth very much. Some people may shake their heads at this, but the biggest thrill of my life was when I saw her in person at the ground breaking ceremony for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. We sat in the front row at the ceremony. I was terrified she’d stop and talk to us. She did’t, she made a beeline to the young people and spoke with them. It was wonderful to see how she interacted with them.

And I also agree there seems to be double standards with Harry and Meghan. If he really didn’t want the life he should have left before he married and spared everyone the agony. I don’t know how it will all play out in the end. Maybe she can go to Hollywood and take Harry with her (lol).

Now next time you have to want her to stop and chat with you !
years ago we were on the Duke's side of the road and he stopped to talk to my mother. He was a hoot ! And they are all experts at making you feel like for that brief moment you have their full attention

I think alot of the trouble is due to so much trouble stired up by the media - (and im not talking about racist comments on social media) either for sensationalistic headlines to sell papers and trashy woman's mags or perhaps a more sinister darker agenda of stiring up anti monarchy feelings
When i read the news, i want facts not opinions
nothing is fact checked, they make the most basic of errors like addressing the Queen as her royal highness and not your Magesty
Getting very basic family relationships wrong within the Queens imediate family and getting titles wrong - today i read an article where Harry was the duke of york ????

its such sloppy junolism unfortunatly not unique to just royal coverage
add to that social media and every man and his dog chiming in with an opinion
the monarchy is such a long term thing, and the spairs disapair into history with each new generstion

short term i choose to just wish a young couple some peace and happiness, there is an entire life time ahead to work out roles and duties and causes

Sorry - i hope that doesn't come across as a rant because its not ment as a rant
(And oh boy can i rant if need be :doh: )

I must confess i feel a little envious they seem to have chosen Canada as a prefered base ;)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you sweet @bling_dream19

Dear Fred. He was a sweet baby and an even sweeter old man.

As a kitten

9D7A42FC-9545-45FB-87C8-3A349C5E0A8B.jpeg

This past summer

534CA0D1-FB28-4389-9158-46FFCAA785DE.jpeg

And just the other night
3136C6C3-4EE9-4C90-9AEB-217A77C1374F.jpeg

:(

Oh no Missy
Im so so sorry
poor darling Fred
He was such a loved boy, he could not have had a better family that you and Greg
Hugs to you all
And a tight hug at that
He'll be with Francesca now, she must have needed him more
I have to go out and give Borris the biggest hug - she's good at soaking up tears

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I so sorry about all the heartache and sorrow you’ve had with your kitties. May you comfort you to know you gave Fred and Francesca love, support and a comfortable life. Too cute Fred had Greg trained to know when he wanted brushed. I am keeping both you and Greg in my thoughts and sending big hugs your way.

@Jimmianne cute rubber ducky - and of course the rubber doggy went off in my head.

@Austina thank you; I am pleased with my heart diamond. It is fun to see the bright blue florescent stones. How is the new Designated Survivor? I liked that show. Heck I’ve got Apple TV+, Disney+ so I may as well get Netflix; I avoided paying for TV since I get it free elsewhere. I hate to hear the Megxit thread is stereotyping people. I am glad you stood up for your country. IMO I think H&M should be able to do what they want but I feel bad for the queen and think H&M should never get another cent of tax payer money and give up their titles. I will have to read the thread. That is too bad Shirley was in a bad mood when you talked to her; I worry about her too. How was 1917?

@Tekate I agree you can tell where people are from sometimes by their accent. I can tell if someone is not from Wyoming if they are carrying an umbrella; those just don’t hold up in our wind.

@Poodlesforme I am so sorry people from your city were on that airline that was shot down. It is so awful. I think the Queen is an awesome lady; how cool you got to see her one time.

@Daisys and Diamonds good luck with the cats.

I picked up a new iPad mini after work today. The one I use at work is 4 years old so Marty will use it with his workout screen at his gym and I’ll use the new one. It didn’t take me long to get it set up.

It was 23 when I got our mail; I was thinking of the brutal cold @canuk-gal had and thought this is almost shorts weather compared to that.

Take care.
Marcy

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, oh no that is so sad! I'm so sorry.
Marcy, love the heart w sapphires!
Btw, I feel so sheepish, but what does Nirdi stand for?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, we had to rush Fred to be euthanized. All of a sudden he was in horrible distress. He’s gone.

Greg and I are broken hearted. He was fine yesterday. :(
My heart aches. He’s gone. All those months we tortured him with RW treatment and now he’s gone.

oh no.... @missy I am so sorry. That's so awful to hear. I know these past few months were stressful but he lived a long and good life and he knew you and Greg loved him. Big hugs to you. I am hoping that better times come your way... you guys have had to deal with so much in the past year. It is really unfair for you and I am upset at the universe on your behalf. I love the video of Fred purring. He was such a sweetheart.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

I only just saw about Fred. I'm broken hearted for you. I'm so terribly, terribly sorry. <3

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Polabowla
NIRDI stands for Now I Really Did It

Which is what Missy said when she broke her leg. I didn’t know Missy back then, so I thought what she « really did » was buy a big diamond! So I came to the thread to see it. LOL but I was not disappointed because her leg healed, a million other topics were discussed, and after the NIRDs were born, Missy DID get that big diamond!

The stuff of legends.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I cannot stop thinking of all this trauma you and Greg have been going through. You know the saying "God doesn't give you anything you can't handle" thing, I dunno if that's true really but our choices are often to give up or go ahead. I know you will choose going ahead because that is you, but it is often easy to just give up and not give ourselves, you won't do that but I also know trauma takes so long to get over. Know I'm here anytime you need me. xoxoxoxo my loving mom heart to yours.

Aww Kate the great and wise and generous thank you. I am broken hearted. It feels like I am literally broken hearted. The pain over losing Fred is incredible. Somehow I thought it wouldn't be so terrible when I imagined this day (and I had months to think about it because it was touch and go during RW gate for a few months with Fred) but it was and is very awful. Thinking about him all the time. How he would cross his paws and sit next to me pushing into my body on the sofa. Like how I am awake super early and only Fred would join me in the early morning hours on the couch. Of course I would have to pick him up as he could no longer jump even small distances but he would come over to me and meow (a very definite meow so I knew what he wanted) signaling yes pick me up mommy I want to sit next to you. I miss him so much. It hurts more than I can say. :(
Thank you for your love and kindness and caring support. (((Hugs))).

Thank you @rainydaze

Oh, I knew something must be wrong ,( @missy Darn, how life's short, even if 17 is good old age.

Yes it was a good life but I am haunted by the fact the past 7 months were not great for him because we had to take him off his arthritic meds and of course RW treatments. :(

What a lovely video of Fred purring his little heart out @missy. I know you’ll have woken up this morning, if you actually managed to sleep, feeling utterly wretched. But I’m glad you’re able to think of Fred and realise that only you and Greg gave him the chance of a wonderful life, and that you always did what was best for him and the other kitties. I don’t think anyone else would’ve gone the distance through RWGate and the other issues that you’ve faced, and been prepared to do whatever it took. He was a lucky puss that he had 17 and a half years of total love and devotion from you both.

If we didn’t put our hearts and souls in to taking such good care of our furries, then we wouldn’t feel so utterly bereft when they’re gone.

True @Austina. All true and wise. I know how much you understand and from the bottom of my heart thank you for all your caring and kindness. Your emails have been a bright spot in very dark days. There are times I wish I didn't have such strong emotions and I know that is why some people take meds to dull their emotions. I wish I could at times. Life would be easier if we didn't feel things so strongly. And I am sorry you know exactly what I mean. (((Hugs))).

Oh @missy I am so, so sorry to hear of Fred’s passing. You certainly didn’t need yet another loss on your plate. Fred... such a cute little purr-monger. I’m sure over the rainbow bridge, his sore, arthritic body will no longer inhibit his free spirit. Gentle (((Hugs))) to you and Greg.

Thank you @ringo865. I appreciate your kind words and good thoughts and lovely comments. Yes, I hope and pray Fred is free now and at Rainbow Bridge with all our beloved gone furry babies. I hope you are doing well and I think of you often. Sending you lots of hugs and good wishes.

@ Missy, I just caught up today. I am so sorry about Fred. I wish I could give you a big hug right now. Fred sounds like he was a little purring machine right until the end. He was showing you and Greg how much he loved you. You and Greg are the best fur parents! I’ll be in touch offline.

Hi dear @Poodles4me thank you dear. I appreciate that especially with all you have on your plate. I hope life is going smoothly and that everyone is well. Hugs.

Oh no Missy
Im so so sorry
poor darling Fred
He was such a loved boy, he could not have had a better family that you and Greg
Hugs to you all
And a tight hug at that
He'll be with Francesca now, she must have needed him more
I have to go out and give Borris the biggest hug - she's good at soaking up tears

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds. Please hug Boris from me too.

@missy I so sorry about all the heartache and sorrow you’ve had with your kitties. May you comfort you to know you gave Fred and Francesca love, support and a comfortable life. Too cute Fred had Greg trained to know when he wanted brushed. I am keeping both you and Greg in my thoughts and sending big hugs your way.

Thank you sweet @marcy. Thank you for everything. I need the hugs more than ever. And appreciate your kindness and caring. Hugs to you.

Missy, oh no that is so sad! I'm so sorry.

Thanks @Polabowla.

oh no.... @missy I am so sorry. That's so awful to hear. I know these past few months were stressful but he lived a long and good life and he knew you and Greg loved him. Big hugs to you. I am hoping that better times come your way... you guys have had to deal with so much in the past year. It is really unfair for you and I am upset at the universe on your behalf. I love the video of Fred purring. He was such a sweetheart.

Thank you @distracts I cannot believe he is gone. I thought it would be easier to bear given his age and all but you get it. You understand. What we put him through and now for what ? He is gone. Oh I wish we could have had that crystal ball. I do take comfort in the fact that despite the torturous RW treatment he did have times of respite and he was purring hanging out with us. But since we had to take him off his arthritic meds that does haunt me as he was in discomfort and couldn't move much. I am forever sorry dear Fred. We love you so much and I miss you terribly. I cannot even adequately express how bereft I am over his death. :(

@missy -

I only just saw about Fred. I'm broken hearted for you. I'm so terribly, terribly sorry. <3

Thank you @mrs-b. I know you understand and appreciate you coming here to comfort me.

We need like a big group hug for Missy and Greg

Thanks Daisy. We both need as many hugs as we can get. I miss Fred. I miss Francesca. I am in a lot of pain but I dont care about that. I just want my babies to be here alive and enjoying life. Fred and Francesca were both the sweetest and most darling cats. I am not exaggerating. They were loving and kind souls.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which is what Missy said when she broke her leg. I didn’t know Missy back then, so I thought what she « really did » was buy a big diamond! So I came to the thread to see it. LOL but I was not disappointed because her leg healed, a million other topics were discussed, and after the NIRDs were born, Missy DID get that big diamond!

The stuff of legends.

Hi @Jimmianne good morning to you. Sending you hugs and lots of good wishes for your upcoming surgery. You are on my mind. ((((Hugs)))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fred. He had the most gorgeous green eyes. Spectacular.

fredandhisgreeneyes.JPG

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy...beautiful Fred! It will probably take a while to stop seeing him around every corner : (

Thank you. My eye surgery is Thursday and I will be staying with my good friend Wed & Thurs. I live an hour from the hospital, but she lives 10 minutes from it.
A good friend...she has to get up at 5am to drive me there.

I’ll be back later to see what’s up with everyone. xx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy...beautiful Fred! It will probably take a while to stop seeing him around every corner : (

Thank you. My eye surgery is Thursday and I will be staying with my good friend Wed & Thurs. I live an hour from the hospital, but she lives 10 minutes from it.

I am glad you have a good friend to make sure you are well taken care of (and remember my offer since I am always awake by 3AM and usually way earlier than that these days) and I am also glad your DD is with you up til then. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 GOOD LUCK today!!!!!!!
Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and lots of good luck!!!

goodluckstars.gif

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 GOOD LUCK today!!!!!!!
Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and lots of good luck!!!

goodluckstars.gif

Many thanks for remembering and the good luck @missy ! I’ll take all the luck I can get. Nervous as all get out. Hope you are finding some peace from your grief today. ((Hugs))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In honor of my 3 year anniversary trip to NYC and to the wonderful kitties we have known...
I kept this kitty in my “treasures display” until now, when I finally thought of the right spot...on my beloved La Belle Vie jacket.
30F88071-F135-46CE-8734-ACE652ECBF56.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In honor of my 3 year anniversary trip to NYC and to the wonderful kitties we have known...
I kept this kitty in my “treasures display” until now, when I finally thought of the right spot...on my beloved La Belle Vie jacket.
30F88071-F135-46CE-8734-ACE652ECBF56.jpeg

Ohhh I am so happy you are wearing that and I know Greg will be too!

frankieonshirt.jpg

Please ignore the hair for the purpose of this photo...just illustrating the use of the appliqué on my jacket with a tie clip. :)

shulywig.jpg

We got a whole new shipment in @Jimmianne so lots more for you if you want. :)

And Amen to your pin "Kindness is contagious" !!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Yes it was a good life but I am haunted by the fact the past 7 months were not great for him because we had to take him off his arthritic meds and of course RW treatments.

I have met very few people happy with such choices ,( This year better be good to you!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s easy to think of the what ifs @missy, but please take heart that you did everything you could for your sweet Fred. He certainly was a handsome boy and those eyes look straight in to you.

The film was really good @marcy, very sad as you would expect, but extremely well done. The 3rd and final series of Designated Survivor was good, we enjoyed it, but it was made by a different company, so quite a lot of swearing, I suppose to make it seem more realistic (although I don’t know anyone who swears that much!)

So glad you can stay with your friend for your surgery @Jimmianne, good luck for Thursday I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Awww the little kitten sounds very sweet @Daisys and Diamonds, I hope you can find her a lovely home.

I hope little Autie is feeling a lot better @Tekate and that John’s allergies aren’t too bad. When Is your next meeting with the architect?

I hope you‘ll make it over to visit us one day @Poodles4me there’s so much history and great places to see and explore.

Sending good thoughts @Slick1

I’m not bothering to comment on the Megxit thread anymore, when people resort to profanity and insults, it’s not just not worth wasting time and effort.

We met our friends for lunch then went to see 1917, very powerful film and it made me jump in several places.

The weather is awful, we’re getting the tail end of a big storm, so it’s windy and raining heavily.

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina thank you. I know you get it and it helps having your kind support. Thank you.

I have little energy for nonsense these days (well I always have little energy for nonsense but especially now) so I haven't checked that thread out since I posted in it days ago since it seemed to be going downhill fast. Without knowing what is happening in that thread I will say it seems people have a sti** up their a** these days. My new philosophy is if people are going to be irrational or unreasonable I will remove myself from the situation. LOL it's not worth it. Not even a little bit worth it.

I am going to check out the movie you recommended. I never heard of it but I am out of the loop re movies (and lots of other stuff too).

Boo to the weather you are having...stay safe.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
same from me, good luck and hope it all goes well.. and I too hope Missy is finding peace in her life as an excellent furmom!

Many thanks for remembering and the good luck @missy ! I’ll take all the luck I can get. Nervous as all get out. Hope you are finding some peace from your grief today. ((Hugs))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina well, I guess you can tell why America is so screwe up ;-) my mom always said "marry in haste, repent in leisure" so we all learn the saying in some part of our lives... another is 'don't jump the gun' best of luck to them, we all follow our own paths, just not many of us have millions

Glad to read you liked 1917, I must watch it.. sorry about your weather but we are pretty dreary here in Atown too..

@missy hey.. remember, you karma was to be a furmom no different than a humanmom in most ways, i've had both I think I speak from experience, seriously girl you are in the PTSD, too much happening to quickly, do NOT FORGET MISSY, you give and you give take care of Missy, Greg is marvelous and I know your bond, I had p/t come to the house after the 2nd replacement Missy, too much pain and stress, if you can, ensure they come to the house for Greg.. sending love as always. xoxoxo

Well NIRDIs John went and saw the architect yesterday and the architect is reworking our plan, he did say something that bothered me, he said our builder is getting nervous that he can't build our house in our money limits (the word limit!), now I said to John, what the heck! he sold a house down the street for our same budget AND that included the land, it was bigger than what we are building, we own our land, I hate this stuff I really do.

Autie is getting sooo big..

How's everyone? I'm off to get my hair cut an styled in a few minutes.. will try to get back on later ladies.

autttie.jpg

my latest little Autie! xoxox

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Jimmie! sending healing vibes and care and love to you.. I think all your friends would be good friends Jimmie, you are kind and generous friend xoxoxo thinking of you.

Kate

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Kate!

I had a bit of an odd day. My bench person, Tony, opened his own jewelry studio FAR from me two years ago, so today I finally visited him, taking Mildred to see if he would remodel her setting. Yes! I will post the « tweaked setting » when I receive it.

But afterward about a half mile from him, on the freeway, [in the pouring rain, with Issy in the car and no raincoat] my vehicle started making weird noises. Thank goodness I used my intuition intead of ploughing ahead. Pulled over to the side, couldn’t find anything. Went another 100 feet and pulled over again. This time I saw the problem...a bunch of construction spikes wrapped in tape, imbedded in the front tire The noise was the tape hitting the tirewell.
I put on my emergency blinkers and drove at 30 mph to the first exit and found a safe place to park. The tire did not go flat until I reached safety. Less than five minutes after I called AAA, a guy named Angel showed up and put on the spare.

Then I had to stop at Walmart to pick up an Rx and the parking lot was jammed. I found a space right next to the pharmacy and as I was pulling in, the parked car in front of me pulled out so I moved forward, thinking I would not have to back out later in the pouring rain. And I thought...wow. I thought I was having a bad day, but look at this! Lol
First I met an Angel, now in the pouring rain I got a great parking spot!

While I was waiting for my Rx, I started talking to a really nice young woman who told me about her discount card for drugs and said I should get the card.
I was like, yeh OK, but she Insisted I look it up in the app store.
I did, and got the card. When I showed it to the pharmacist ... voila! My normally $120 a month Rx was $39.
I can’t even understand WHY or HOW a card like that would be available in two seconds to just anyone.
What a funny day.
Anyway...if you got this far...look up HIPPO. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hippo-launches-drug-discounting-platform-300789864.html

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out. :wavey:

We are ensconced in a deep freeze. Not kidding. Cold weather warning--low to -34C. No folks, it is for real! Polar weather--get lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is well. @Jimmianne glad things worked out for you!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out. :wavey:

We are ensconced in a deep freeze. Not kidding. Cold weather warning--low to -34C. No folks, it is for real! Polar weather--get lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is well. @Jimmianne glad things worked out for you!

cheers--Sharon

Stay warm @canuk-gal !!! Sending you warm hugs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results