carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!
my mother is not doing so well, as you probably have figured out. Chemo is really hard on her, body and soul. Oh well we will persevere.

Scandi, sending you and your Mom love and hugs. Do they have medical marijuana where you live?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Scandanavian, your poor Mum, chemo is brutal and I hope she gets through this because there is life after chemo. One of my friends went through hellish chemo for breast cancer and recently ran a marathon. Continuing to send healing thoughts your way.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!
my mother is not doing so well, as you probably have figured out. Chemo is really hard on her, body and soul. Oh well we will persevere.

I'm so sorry your mother is suffering @Scandinavian. Very hard on everyone. I was wondering the same thing as Jimmianne...is MM an option?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got off the phone with Tuey and finally getting a hair cut tomorrow. It's been almost a full year and I really have let my hair just go. Not a pretty sight at all and not sure Tuey can fix it but he definitely can cut off all the dead ends. I literally have 8 inches of dead ends. Looking forward to cutting it all off!

Dear @Tekate so glad the jaw is healed and you are feeling well! You made my day! And congrats on your nephew's upcoming marriage. And another wedding in October and in France. Maybe I missed it but you and Jimmianne must get together. You will love each other! Wow Kate is going to be 40 soon. I cannot believe it. But to me 40 is still very young. Haha that's what happens when age creeps up on us and everyone else seems so much younger :lol:

Glad Chris arrived safely to Brooklyn and that Autie and family are doing well. I am sad to hear about how everyone is missing Gen but that is understandable and please tell Kate I am thinking of her. It's so hard missing loved ones especially when they leave us too soon :(

Hope John's allergies are doing a bit better and that everything with the house gets sorted out. Sending you big hugs Kate the very great and wise and warm and kind and generous. XOXO.

@Austina you and me both but I am still in some discomfort from Pilates. Smart to start slow and steady. Good luck with the gym and you will be in fighting shape in no time.

Appointment went OK. Took blood and waiting for results. Nothing new to report but for the fact my endocrinologist said my health insurance company might not be covering my T3 meds. Frustrating but I won't know til I am due for a refill at the end of this month. And they no longer cover more than 2 blood tests a year. Ridiculous. But I am not concerning myself with that right now. One day at a time. Need to concentrate on getting Greg through this TKR and then the kidney stones and then I can focus on these insurance annoyances. @Slick1 you know I feel your pain.

Hi to everyone else. Hope a good afternoon is being enjoyed by everyone.

Not the most flattering perspective but haha Joanne and I were chatting this morning while I was waiting for the endocrinologist and she wanted to know what boots I was wearing. Oh @canuk-gal I am wearing our favorite Canadian boots. <3

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 2.13.23 PM.png

I wore mine today also! Twins!!! :wavey:

solidarity in footwear--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, first off your new stone is beautiful! Looking forward to you receiving it and I hope you love it.

The ES sounds tempting...but I agree that it will be expensive to upgrade down the road to a 3 carat ACA with better specs. You could upgrade to an ES with better specs but I'm not sure what the cost would be. I don't know, I'm thinking go for the 2.75 (since that's your dream size) with the lower specs and upgrade to higher specs later on. Who knows, you might be happy with the specs. What are the specs of the 2.75? What are the specs of the ES? I'd be ok with the ES but I'm not that color sensitive and I don't mind lower clarity but we all have different preferences.

@junebug17 Thank you...I love it.. I agree about the 2.75..It would be awful to be use to a 3 carat but not want to spend the money to get the specs I want.. I will be happy with a 2.75....I don’t have to worry about the stats or the HCA score, right? It’s a thousand dollars less if I wire it..Do you see any reason not to wire the money and use a credit card? It’s not protected that way..but they are a good company..

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 Thank you...I love it.. I agree about the 2.75..It would be awful to be use to a 3 carat but not want to spend the money to get the specs I want.. I will be happy with a 2.75....I don’t have to worry about the stats or the HCA score, right? It’s a thousand dollars less if I wire it..Do you see any reason not to wire the money and use a credit card? It’s not protected that way..but they are a good company..

@Mamabean, some people get a little particular about table size and angles etc but honestly ACAs are super ideal diamonds and they are all cut for optimum light performance. It will be an amazing diamond!

I hope I didn't influence you too much! I was just sharing my thoughts and taking into consideration your concerns. As I said before, if you want to go bigger and get the 3 carat ES you could upgrade to another ES with better specs down the road. It really just depends on what's most important to you.

I've never purchased from WF but @Tekate and @marcy have so they'd probably be better at answering payment questions. I would think a credit card would be fine though.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, some people get a little particular about table size and angles etc but honestly ACAs are super ideal diamonds and they are all cut for optimum light performance. It will be an amazing diamond!

I hope I didn't influence you too much! I was just sharing my thoughts and taking into consideration your concerns. As I said before, if you want to go bigger and get the 3 carat ES you could upgrade to another ES with better specs down the road. It really just depends on what's most important to you.

I've never purchased from WF but @Tekate and @marcy have so they'd probably be better at answering payment questions. I would think a credit card would be fine though.

Thank you @junebug17 I’m not worried about the credit card...but the wire payment is cash so it doesn’t have protection. I actually bought my studs that way a few years ago..There’s a 1k advantage to paying by wire..so that’s probably what I would do..I can’t do anything until Monday..so it gives me a little more time to think..If I ever get the itch to go up higher the option is still there I think...I don’t think they put a limit on how many times you can upgrade..but I will check it out. I really don’t think I’ll want to go up..just tighten up the specs a little..

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah ok gotcha @Mamabean, sorry...I've never done a wire transfer but it seems pretty common and other PS'ers have done it. And as you said wf is a reputable company. And $1000 is a very nice savings! And you have upgrade options...you can always go up in size, specs, etc depending on how you're feeling. And yes, you have some extra time to think!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy belated birthday @Mamabean !!! You sure have been busy the past few days. I can’t wait to see what you end up doing with the stones and settings. I’m sure whatever you decide on will be beautiful. It nice to have fun things to look forward to. I’m glad your husband is feeling better.

@Tekate , it’s great news that your jaw is healing. I’m sorry this is kind of a difficult time of the year for you. Spend time with Autie. Little ones are great mood lifters.

@Scandinavian , I’m sorry to hear you mom is having a really hard time. Sending lots of dust to you, your mom and your family.

@Austina, Your ring is beautiful. You aren’t nearly as out of shape as you think you are. You would be hurting today if you were. We have seen pictures and you look fantastic.

@marcy, I hope lifting less weight helps keep your knees from talking to you.

@junebug17, The doldrums of winter are in full swing this time of year. Escape to SC and enjoy some sunshine.

Thinking of you @av , @canuk gal, @bling_dream19 , @Daisys and Diamonds

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Thank you all for the kind words about my pink sapphire.

Sorry to see so many of you didn’t sleep well. I had that problem on Monday night.

@Jimmianne in celebration of pink day I did wear this ring today. It’s one of my favorites. That is so hard to pick a setting and especially just from pictures or ideas. Good luck figuring out what you want.

@missy I am sure you’ll do fine taking care of Greg. He will be up and about before you know it. My sister’s recovery was about 6 weeks each time but she was able to get around in 2 weeks - using a walker of course. She went to therapy and they had her walking. I always say I can take care of anyone but a baby; babies can’t tell me what the want or need. I totally believe skiing could lead to an early TKR. Great picture of those skiing days. I do no enjoy driving in traffic; you’d probably consider our normal traffic light. The funeral was nice but pretty long. It was about an hour and 20 minutes. I had to get up and move to the back of the room because my right knee was getting ticked off from not moving. I waited until there was a good break in things. Luckily I was in the back row. How frustrating about your meds and insurance; hope they gets worked out okay. Hoping your pilates soreness is better tomorrow. You’ll feel like a new person with a hair cut. Great boots and leggings.

@Mamabean once you saw that gorgeous diamond you knew it was it - like it was meant to be. Sweet. I hope you get the package on Thursday. Good luck figuring out what mounting you want. Yes I wear my pink sapphire as a RHR. I did wear it today as a matter of fact. Those are tough decisions with Whiteflash, none of them are bad either. I don’t know which of those I would do. I’m more of a color / clarity person than a size person. But that’s just me. If I bought a diamond with the intention to upgrade it later I’d get the ring I want that can handle an upgrade in size later. I have done wire transfers with Whiteflash and never had a problem at all; it’s nice because you get a slight discount on the price that way.

@bling_dream19 I picked out the sapphire then picked a setting for it. That seems to take me forever. We were up to $350 today to give the lady that lost her husband. That funeral is Saturday. The funeral today was for my friend’s dad. She was glad I was there; I didn’t stay for the reception but she saw me there and sent me a text she really appreciated the support.

@Tekate I am glad you are settled in for now in Texas. I know it’s warmer there than here anyway. I bet that breeze does cool off your 100+ temperatures. That’s HOT. That is stressful to live in a temporary place for a year, packing is not among my top 10 things to do. Ugh. I am sorry about the anniversary of your mom dying and your sister passing. I totally agree with you; time does not heal all wounds. Like I told my best friend’s sister (my friend was killed on motorcycle) I think it’s that you get more used to it but as you well know you still have days where it’s awful or as intense as it just happened. My friend’s dad really pulled up memories for me; both of us were crying out eyes out just talking about her dad the other day. My dad died 6 years ago on January 30th. Thank you for the love dust; sending it right back at you. The longer we all live; the more loved ones we lose. I kind of get that about talking to Katie about Gen; it can’t help buy make both of you very sad. Hugs to both of you. My employee is really shattered right now, she has a lot to deal with. You do have a lot of weddings this year. At least a trip to Seattle should mean cooler weather for you. Woo hoo that your jaw is healed.

@Austina I keep looking at your diamond heart; I really like it. It looks very sparkly. We are up to $350 on the collection for that lady; I hope it helps her. The funeral today was nice. It lasted almost an hour and a half but it was a nice tribute to him. Your pink sapphire looks beautiful. I have a light oval pink sapphire in YG that I like too; the side stones are the .20 ctw diamond studs Marty bought me when we got engaged. That’s great your sapphire is totally natural. Glad to hear you aren’t pilates sore today.

@Scandinavian I am sorry to hear your mom is not doing well with chemo. Big hugs to her and you. I like all shades of pink sapphire, your oval halo is awesome.

@canuk_gal glad you enjoyed your boots today.

@Calliecake my right knee keeps talking to me but my leg is stronger for sure. Thanks. How are you doing?

I started my day at the dentist then went to the funeral. I got to work about noon. I did dishes when I got home and then lifted. I deadlifted 78 pounds tonight. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, 78 Pounds. Are you serious???? I thought you were going to take it easier?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, 78 Pounds. Are you serious???? I thought you were going to take it easier?

I backed of a little on overhead presses but deadlifts I hope to continue adding more pounds. I am shooting for 100.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@canuk-gal twinsies! No one I would rather be twinges with dear Sharon. Impeccable taste and elegance personified. Hope you are having a good week.

@Tekate good morning. As I wrote pages before (this thread is moving so fast lol) I am so pleased you are doing better re jaw and health wise and hope that continues and that life calms down soon and the house is done before you know it. Love you Kate the very great and I am always here for you offline as well as online and looking forward to your trip here in the spring. I am also looking forward to another NIRDI's trip here in the Spring. My cup runneth over with good and true friends. I am very fortunate indeed. Love you girlie.

@junebug17 nice you have a few getaways planned. We are almost in mid January and I have a good feeling winter will be over before we know it. I long for the sunny warm days to return and in the meantime will enjoy the beautiful landscape that is winter. Always a positive side to look for in every season. Especially when one can escape for a short while to someplace warmer. Enjoy. Hope DD and DS are doing well and that your brother is faring better regarding his sleep.

@missy I am sure you’ll do fine taking care of Greg. He will be up and about before you know it. My sister’s recovery was about 6 weeks each time but she was able to get around in 2 weeks - using a walker of course. She went to therapy and they had her walking. I always say I can take care of anyone but a baby; babies can’t tell me what the want or need. I totally believe skiing could lead to an early TKR. Great picture of those skiing days. I do no enjoy driving in traffic; you’d probably consider our normal traffic light. The funeral was nice but pretty long. It was about an hour and 20 minutes. I had to get up and move to the back of the room because my right knee was getting ticked off from not moving. I waited until there was a good break in things. Luckily I was in the back row. How frustrating about your meds and insurance; hope they gets worked out okay. Hoping your pilates soreness is better tomorrow. You’ll feel like a new person with a hair cut. Great boots and leggings.

Hi Marcy, thank you. That is great about your sister being up and about in 2 weeks woohoo! I am glad the funeral went OK but sorry your knee was getting aggravated. Good thing you were in the back row. Thanks for always being so kind and lovely about everything and sending you lots of hugs. Yes I am looking forward to chopping off much of my hair. I keep it in a ponytail most of the time and just hope that it is long enough to be able to do that.

I am so sorry you are missing your dad and mom and I imagine it will always be bittersweet. Missing one's parents. No other bond like that exists.

Woohoo on 78 lbs Marcy!!! WAY TO GO!!!! I am very impressed with you and your weight training. If you keep this up perhaps knee surgery will be something to consider in the future...you can do it girl!!!

@Mamabean any updates? Did Alex ship the stone to you? Any other bling directions? I wish we could tell you what to do but only you know what is best for you. Whatever you decide you will have more beautiful bling without a doubt. So excited for you!

@Slick1 hoping your week is going smoothly and that all is well. When I wrote to marcy about her parents I thought of you and yours. Sending you big gentle hugs and warm wishes. You are such a wonderful mother and wife and daughter and DIL. It is so hard missing our loved ones. (((Hugs))).

Dear @Scandinavian thinking of you. I wish MM was an option and surprised it is not. I thought our country was the last one to start legalizing it. Hopefully your mom will start feeling better as soon as chemo is over. Big hugs to you.

@Jimmianne wow that is wonderful about that med for your osteoporosis. I didn't realize you were taking it (didn't remember) and very nice that is has reversed the disease for you. My internist didn't want me to get a bone density for that because he said there are no good drugs on the market but that is not correct I see now. How is your DD doing? I hope she has recovered from her illness (flu?) and that you and she are planning some adventures together before she returns to France. When are you going back to France?

@Austina (((hugs))). Love your new FB profile pic. Hope working out is working out haha and that the days are becoming a bit less dreary and rainy and the sun shows itself soon. Hello to Colin and here's hoping good news is Adam's soon and then you receive the same good news. Looking forward to the day we can all celebrate with you.

@AV_ hope you are having a good week. How goes the writing? Any ice cream news? I miss sharing my ice cream with you girls but hopefully in a few months haha. Fingers crossed. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky, how are you doing? How is Gary and how is Melanie?

@bling_dream19 good morning newly wed lovely lady. Hope you and your DH are doing OK and again my deepest condolences. I know there are no words to comfort your DH and his family and you on such a great loss. Sending you gentle hugs.

Off to workout soon and then see Tuey. The days are flying by. Have a wonderful Thursday lovely ladies. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops almost forgot

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 6.47.31 AM.png

And a big thank you to all my NIRDI friends. I am overwhelmed with gratitude to have found such good and kind people who have become real life friends.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more photo. It's beautiful here.

gap.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian Chemo is not good news even when all goes well ,( I always prod doctors for comfort, even small things [it is all very minor stuff] - it seems impossible for them to guess how their interventions feel & seeing so much must be making them numb. What can I do!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this tempting you? I hope so...❤

You are reading my mind! I was just sitting here thinking of all the ducks I have to get in a row first...eye surgery... visa renewal in France...fly back here...recover...then See Missy! By that time Greg will be in fine shape and it will be great!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m psyched. The Sepkus ring I bought just showed up via UPS. No warning email from the seller, no invoice, etc etc.
Now I don’t want to open it because it’s my last Christmas present before I go back to reality... the no-more-bling desert for a while.
Fortunately I have Mamabean to watch now!

Ps. Of course I opened it right away.

E44E0D5F-74B4-4A4A-AC6E-82B476E19106.jpeg D1593E73-0C49-4703-ACCE-752D5732F29B.jpeg 9508DE64-712D-4EC2-92B7-8AC8ABB617D2.jpeg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

How exciting @Jimmiane, I hope the ring turns out to be absolutely fabulous and you love, love, love it. Sarah, the dentist I worked with, recently had cataract surgery on both eyes, and it all went really well. I was surprised she needed the surgery, as she’s younger than me. I hope your visa renewal is less of a palaver than last time, hopefully a formality? Please don’t forget, any time you want to stop off here, either coming or going, you’ll be most welcome.

Thanks @Calliecake, but I feel like a blimp ATM, we’re going away with our friends in March, and I’d really like to be in better shape by then as we’ll be spending a lot of time in swimwear and I don’t want Greenpeace rushing to throw me back in to the sea :lol:

Great photos @missy, both of the scenery and the pusskats hanging out together. I hope you had a good hair cut, I know it always makes me feel better, more human, when I’ve had a much needed ‘do’. Talking of which, I have my cut and colour tomorrow. I’m sorry your insurance company persists in trying to avoid paying out for your meds, they’re happy enough to take your premium so grrrrrr :angryfire:

Wooho @marcy on hitting 75lbs. When I went to the gym regularly, I could shift some pretty impressive weight, but oy, yesterday, I had to start off at the lowest weights again. I’m sure you’ll get to 100lbs with the way you’re going. Great news that the fund for your co-worker had increased, she’ll be so grateful. Funerals are always such sad times, but also a time to try and remember the good life someone has had. Fortunately, I haven’t had to attend many, but 2 in one week :(

Whereabouts in Florida are you going @junebug17? It seems strange for us not to be heading off on a cruise soon. Friends of ours are on an around the world cruise which left Miami yesterday. 6 months on board, they’d have to crane me off!

We both had eye tests this morning, optic nerves and macular all good, she said the prescription I have now due to the laser surgery is perfect, but I’ve ordered a pair of night driving glasses, as I sometimes find headlights really dazzling.

It’s been dull and rainy this afternoon, but we weren’t doing anything anyway, so nice to stay in and keep warm.

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDI, @AV_ @Scandanavian, @Daisys and Diamonds @canuk-gal @bling_dream19 , hope you’re all having a great day :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne If I could get addicted to anything, it must be aquamarine & the few others in its colors. Good to see!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne If I could get addicted to anything, it must be aquamarine & the few others in its colors. Good to see!

AV I have always been a diamond person only. This cabachon is fascinating me. It is like a drop of seawater on my finger. It may be my gateway into colored stones as a passion!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m psyched. The Sepkus ring I bought just showed up via UPS. No warning email from the seller, no invoice, etc etc.
Now I don’t want to open it because it’s my last Christmas present before I go back to reality... the no-more-bling desert for a while.
Fortunately I have Mamabean to watch now!

Ps. Of course I opened it right away.

E44E0D5F-74B4-4A4A-AC6E-82B476E19106.jpeg D1593E73-0C49-4703-ACCE-752D5732F29B.jpeg 9508DE64-712D-4EC2-92B7-8AC8ABB617D2.jpeg

Oooooooooooooooh! It’s so beautiful! I LOVE it!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooooooooooh! It’s so beautiful! I LOVE it!

I know! Me too!! Alway nice when some-bling exceeds expectations.
Speaking of beauty....When does your diamond arrive?
Psyched about that even more. :dance:

One more photo while I’m here. This is almost the end of my Sepkus fever frenzy, but I would like to find one more thin band before coming back to earth.
82B70EAD-2A61-4EBC-A3B2-80853DE07194.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results