shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@ Mamabean...You did it!!!!! FANTABULOSO ( had to make up a word, so gorgeous)....Missy is terrific.

Thank you @Luvallgems! She is THE BEST! She tagged me so I went to look..OMG..The love dart hit and that was it. I was a goner..:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM lovely ladies. It's wonderful Wednesday.

@Tekate thank you for your suggestions. Oliver is neutered (was neutered way too young before we adopted him actually) and maybe he will calm down with time. Oh, I am so sorry John is suffering with allergies and hope that calms down soon. That architect has a lot of nerve and I hope he delivers what you want. I agree 5.5 baths is a lot of baths to clean lol. How are you feeling? How is your jaw healing? How is sweet dear Autie doing? How is your niece Kate doing? Hope all is well and sending you big hugs.

@Mamabean I am so happy you got that diamond that I had an adrenaline rush all day. And subsequently woke for good this morning at 2:15 AM. LOL and Oy. I have an early endocrinologist appointment but could have slept 3 more hours oh well. Anyway woohoo!!! And I cannot wait to see what setting you decide for this beauty. I truly don't think you can go wrong but it is a tough choice. When are you getting her?

@marcy swoon! What a pinkalicious sapphire. And I love the platinum setting. Just gorgeous. So pleased for you that work is nice and calm and normal. Just how it should be. Glad your sister was up and about 2 weeks after her knee surgery. I am concerned I won't lie because Greg takes care of so much around here and I am going to have to rise to the occasion. It's the driving in NYC that I am not comfortable with anymore. Funny how in my twenties I would drive everywhere here and commute via car too. But now, as we say in Brooklyn, fuggedaboutit...lol. So no driving here for me and I will shop locally and order what I can that I cannot get locally. It should be interesting and I know we will be fine. I am mainly worried that the surgery go well. Greg is fairly young to need TKR but we can blame his hard and fast skiing days when he was younger.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 3.48.14 AM.png

I remember those days well.

Good luck at the dentist this morning. I hope the funeral goes smoothly and I am so sorry for your and your friend's/colleague's loss. :(

@Jimmianne yes, Oliver is an angel. When he is sleeping. :lol:
He did sleep with me curled up in my arms for much of the night. So that is sweet. Maybe he will calm down as he gets older. But the chasing Tommy thing is exhausting me and Tommy. Who refused his thyroid meds this morning. Oy. So will attempt again when I get back from the endocrinologist. What are your plans today?

@bling_dream19 oh no I hope you don't get an ingrown toenail. That bike accident is the gift that keeps on giving to me and that toenail has been removed probably around 15 times now. Crazy. Anyway speedy healing and again my deepest condolences on the loss of your BIL :(

@junebug17 how is everything by you? How is your DD doing and how is your DS doing? Hope you are enjoying a calm and quiet week.

@Austina I am sorry you had a similar issue with Harry. Yes it probably will always be this way with Oliver and food. It's the strangest thing as we have had cats for (almost) 3 decades now and I have never experienced this issue before. As Greg says we got lucky before this I guess. All our cats were easy to care for (for the most part) but of course all of them succumbed to some type of disease before they died. No one died of natural causes re old age. :( Hope your day went well and that your weather brightens soon. Hope Pilates isn't causing you too much discomfort (I am dealing with Pilates discomfort right now- oww I am out of Pilates shape for sure) and that you enjoy getting back to the gym. Love your diamond heart. It's very sparkly like you dear Austina.

@Slick1 I love your new profile pic and well just love your taste in beautiful bling. Hope you are having a good week.

@Scandinavian continued healing vibes and hugs to you and your family.

@sarahb hope your winter is going smoothly. And that everyone is well.

@canuk-gal good morning dear Sharon. How is everything? How is work going? How has your weather been lately? We have some snow out there this morning and I might just put on my Olang red glamour boots. Whenever I wear them I think of you. ❤

So this morning I am off to the endocrinologist and then back home to work out and do Pilates and take care of some things. The days are zooming by and Greg's knee replacement surgery is coming up fast. Deep breaths. This too shall pass. Looking forward to some normalcy I hope in a few months. And as always, one day at a time. Hugs to you lovely ladies. Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday.

Good luck at the endocrinologist today @missy..Thats probably why you didn’t sleep too. I get myself wound up if something important is happening the next day.
Alex messaged me yesterday about sending it FedEx overnight..I told him I usually get FedEx Express so not sure if the package will get to me before I have to leave on Friday. I'm taking David to New Jersey for his Christmas present from my Mom. I will have to leave after I get it so told him I would like it to be delivered by Thursday..or hold it and ship it on Monday..so I’ll get it during the week. He said he was going to send me tracking..but I didn’t get it..So...now I think he’ll mail it today...I hope I get it tomorrow before I leave!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have trouble sleeping too until I saw that asschemerald!

Haha...Thanks @Jimmianne..Your gorgeous asscher is what got me in their spell..I LOVE yours... How are you going to set it? I think I’m going to bezel it somehow..but I don’t want her to be covered up...I’m looking at trying to come up with a simple antique looking bezel something....:think:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
That’s such sad news about your BIL @bling_dream19, I’m so sorry.

I think a halo around your pink sapphire would be really lovely. I’ve been looking for a photo of mine, it’s not very good, but here you go.

EFAE89EF-9FDA-4E73-8198-402CA79678BD.jpeg

@Mamabean :kiss2:

Your pink sapphire is just gorgeous! Such a perfect color and love the setting. And I adore your heart necklace. It's just so pretty.
Thank you for the condolences.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Here is my pink sapphire ring in platinum.
pinksapp.jpg

It's just stunning Marcy. Super beautiful. I love the color and setting. Did you buy the stone and then the setting or buy it as a ring? Finding the perfect setting is intimidating for me. That's great you raised money for the family and your emotional support is what she will remember.
Thank you for your condolences.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha...Thanks @Jimmianne..Your gorgeous asscher is what got me in their spell..I LOVE yours... How are you going to set it? I think I’m going to bezel it somehow..but I don’t want her to be covered up...I’m looking at trying to come up with a simple antique looking bezel something....:think:

Thank you...and I love yours! For me as well it’s a toss-up to bezel or not. On one hand, I like to be able to see as much of the diamond as possible, but on the other hand, a bezel visually adds to the presence in a very nice way. I have a small asscher that I had bezel set and was surprised at how great it looked set that way.
I am super picky about who sets my asscher, because not everyone does it perfectly. I’ve had THREE asscher setting mishaps where things looked wonky. Two were bezel set and one was prong set. So I want to use someone who has a proven reputation. Good luck to us both : ) I’ll be very interested in your progress with your setting!

Ps. Are you looking at any semi-bezels?

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 so so sorry to read about your brother in law.. sending love dust to your and your families hearts. xo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you...and I love yours! For me as well it’s a toss-up to bezel or not. On one hand, I like to be able to see as much of the diamond as possible, but on the other hand, a bezel visually adds to the presence in a very nice way. I have a small asscher that I had bezel set and was surprised at how great it looked set that way.
I am super picky about who sets my asscher, because not everyone does it perfectly. I’ve had THREE asscher setting mishaps where things looked wonky. Two were bezel set and one was prong set. So I want to use someone who has a proven reputation. Good luck to us both : ) I’ll be very interested in your progress with your setting!

Ps. Are you looking at any semi-bezels?
@Jimmianne Have you used David for a bezel? He did a bezel for Emma..my .40 M color stacking ring. It’s perfect.. Please let me know who you used to do your three wonky settings so I don’t get the same thing..Are you on IG? You can tell me on there if you don’t want to say on here...I don’t like half bezels..Is that the same as semi-bezels? I like when it sits in an open cup..That’s hard to describe..I don’t want it to be hidden in a setting either..or swallowed up...I do want it to be a little bigger...and a bezel will do that.. Since it’s an antique I’m looking at old settings for inspiration. Why do you want to reset yours?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg! I just noticed when @bling_dream19 quoted @Austina that it said in a box that I was ignoring member! I went into my settings and I had somehow blocked @Austina! That’s why I couldn’t see photos or posts she did. I thought somehow I was blocked by you @Austina! I feel better now but sorry I blocked you by mistake! :(2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@ Mamabean....She is so beautiful, what are you going to name her?

Oooh..I don’t know @Luvallgems! I’ll look at names that were popular a long time ago. I have no idea how old she is though..only that she’s an antique..

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne Have you used David for a bezel? He did a bezel for Emma..my .40 M color stacking ring. It’s perfect.. Please let me know who you used to do your three wonky settings so I don’t get the same thing..Are you on IG? You can tell me on there if you don’t want to say on here...I don’t like half bezels..Is that the same as semi-bezels? I like when it sits in an open cup..That’s hard to describe..I don’t want it to be hidden in a setting either..or swallowed up...I do want it to be a little bigger...and a bezel will do that.. Since it’s an antique I’m looking at old settings for inspiration. Why do you want to reset yours?

I have not used David yet. I am considering him for this go-around. I want to reset into a gold setting that can sit flush with bands and has a Victorian vibe.
The current setting I have is a temp...set two years ago!
The fiascos were local shops who had done great work for me, but struggled with the asschers I brought them.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hey Marcy, sorry I have been MIA so much.. but I am now just livin' the life in Texas which means I'm settled in for now.. the stress get's to me as I know in less than a year I have to pack this stuff up again.. ugh. anyway.. We get wind here in south central Texas it comes up usually every evening, not crazy but a nice breeze of course when it's 100+F it's dang hot but it's something. your pink sapphire ring is exquisite! love it.. loves sapphires :) sorry for your friends and workers and you on this sad time Marcy, today is the 20th anniversary of my mother dying, yesterday was my sister's birthday, she's gone 3 years, I sometimes think times does not heal wounds, just dulls the memory, I send loving dust to everyone who has suffered such loos and to you too.. it's a very pressureful (new word) time for you.. hugs to you Marcy for sure. xoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne cataract surgery, are you having it done here or in France? your bling haul is gorgeous as always, wish we lived closer because I would love to see how you find these beautiful items.. I get on ebay and I get off, I can't figure it out.. sorry DD is going home to FR, when are you leaving? spring? how's all things your way? xoxoxoxo btw I LOVE semi bezels..

@missy Missy the Magnificent found an awesome stone for Joanne, must say what a gorgeous stone at a great price... it's a knockout and it's going to look awesome on @Mamabean the JAW: thank you for asking, it feels healed, no more implants, but I have to start with new docs here so we shall see what happens in the new year, hoping I'm done with antibiotics this year, Autie is great. Chris made it back to Brooklyn late Monday night, midnight! from LaG. Talked to Katie briefly yesterday yesterday was Gen's bday she would have been 69, I don't like to dwell on Gen with Kate anymore it just makes us both morose, especially Kate, sometimes I am very glad I did not have a daughter because my sister and Kate weresoclosethattheywereone, my mother even thought that. :( Kate will be 40 on 2/26! can't believe it, she was the most adorable baby.. time.. How's Greg? how's your toe, I'm sure you have answered these questions already, I"m just now getting in the groove. I want to buy a Noemi ring but am not bringing it up with Mr Grumpy of Allergy, Texas at this moment ;-) yesterday we both realized that one of our nephews is getting married in 12 weeks and we said YES, Seattle is the place and we have to see who's going (of my little family) and where to stay etc etc.. this nephew is part of the triplets as my deceased MIL called them, first was my Chris 10/9/91, the Jeremy 1/9/92 and this one getting married in Aprl, Steven 1/12/92, with 12 weeks there were 3 new boys... (me first of course ;-) ) so Steven is getting married in April, Jeremy is getting married Oct 8th in France (whoppee!) so we have 2 weddings this year, actually 3 John's sister's son who is 36 is finally marrying his g/f of 8 years in Seattle but they are having a non-affair, affair which means we aren't invited to anything, just her and his parents, sisters/bros.. fine with me, he's a good guy and his g/f is nice too but I don't know her too well, we are a family with 12 grandkids born between 1983 and 1994, 6 siblings and assorted SILs (they come and go ha!) and one BIL makes for huge gatherings, his g/f Asian and her family is first gen and they are not as happy as could be that she isn't marrying a Japanese man :) the usual drama.. busy year. blah blah. ;-) hope the endocrinologist appt went well Missy girl.

Hi @Scandinavian sending hugs to you and hope things are progressing well with your mom and grandmom.

@Slick1 gotta look at you new pix and see if you have new bling! sorry if I missed it.

@AV_ Happy Wednesday, things sound well with you xoxo

@sarahb Greetings!

@canuk-gal hey Sharon!

@junebug17 sending hugs and love to you June, hope DD and DS are doing great and you and hubster too! weather in the NE is chilly today.. sending you love to June. xoxoxox

@Calliecake Hi Callie girl.. xoxoxo hope you are doing well and things are good in your neck of the woods. xoxoxoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds hello girlie! hope things are getting better weatherwise for you... sending huge love vibes to you! xoxoxo

@Mamabean again what a GORGEOUS stone, it's truly magnificent.. I love it. My husband never gives me any money and jewelry is always a joint decision, I'd love one of each style stone in my repertoire but no can do :) I do love EVER.. cannot wait to see what you will do with this gorgeous baby! xoxoxo

@Austina Hello Austina! how's things going with you all? How are you feeling? I think of you every day and look so forward to your move here at some point in the future! give Colin a hug... xoxoxoxo

Today's agenda: Read NIRDIs (done mostly), make an appt for my hair to be chopped off, it's waaaay too long, walk the dog and grocery shop.. not much but enough for me.

love you all. Kate the gREat!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooh I look forward to seeing what you plan to do Jimmie.. I love 18K gold, it's so luxe.. CVB does gorgeous stuff with yellow gold, but a lot of people have stated here that she's slow etc.,she does some great victorian vibe stuff.. this is exciting times for the asscher girls! xoxoxo

I have not used David yet. I am considering him for this go-around. I want to reset into a gold setting that can sit flush with bands and has a Victorian vibe.
The current setting I have is a temp...set two years ago!
The fiascos were local shops who had done great work for me, but struggled with the asschers I brought them.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hi @Tekate, you aren’t looking forward to the move as much as we are :lol: I’m glad to hear your jaw is OK, keeping everything crossed it stays that way. If you find a good hairdresser, let me know, I don’t know what I’m going to do when we move. It’s getting closer, hopefully next year.

I hope the funeral went well, as well as these things can @marcy. That was a lovely thing to have a collection, I’m sure there are so many unexpected expenses when someone dies. Your pink sapphire is TDF, mine is darker IRL than it’s come out in the photo, and when I had it valued recently, I was happy they confirmed that it’s totally natural (no heat or treatments).

Have you decided what you’re going to do with your new stone @Mamabean, it’s such a great find, a real beauty? What have you got in store for David’s birthday treat? :lol: I didn’t notice you’d blocked me so don’t worry.

Thanks for the pinky love @bling_dream19 she was my 25th wedding anniversary gift, it was a toss up between a pink sapphire or an emerald. I’m excited for you to get yours set.

I’m glad you ladies have got bling projects on the go @Jimmianne because I can live vicariously through you all. :D You’re going to miss DD when she goes back to France, do you have plans to visit again soon?

I hope your appt went well this morning @missy and you don’t get anymore hassles with prescriptions and dosages. I know you will cope just fine when Greg has his surgery, and that’s encouraging news that Marcy’s sister was doing so well in only 2 weeks. Greg is strong and will be back as good as new in no time.

Nice to have a couple of little trips to look forward to @junebug17.

Fortunately no aches and pains from Pilates yesterday, and we took it easy at the gym today, going to build up gradually, but boy, I realise how unfit I am.

Hope you‘re all having a good day :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy Your sapphire ring is sooooooooooo pretty! I love the color! Is she a right hand ring..or will you wear it on your right hand?
@Austina Yes..I noticed a while back that people were talking about pics you posted..and I couldn’t find them...I even went to IG to see if you posted them there.
I’ll be back later..but wanted to ask opinions from you girls..
I’m going to get a Whiteflash diamond to eventually trade up. I won’t go larger than around 2.75 as the top..I will probably upgrade it next year. Should I go for the same size that I posted before in the moissanite setting that I can probably use with a little better specs in the 2.5? It looks very close in size to Libby...Should I shoot for the closest I can get to my dream size which is 2.75 but the clarity and color won’t be my ideal? I’m thinking if I do the close to 2.75..I can get use to the size and get better specs next year. I may even change my mind on the clarity because it’s super ideal. The color I would change because I’m color sensitive. So...2.5 better specs now with an upgrade next year put into my old setting that has moissanite in it now...or close to 2.75 with lower clarity and color specs but I will upgrade next year? I will get a cheaper setting through Whiteflash so it can be set right away..I’ll sell that setting next year..Opinions please?
Edited to say they just came up with an Expert Selection in a bit over 3 carats for the same price as the ACA ugh..No Joanne..stick with the smaller ACA...I won’t upgrade to that size in the better specs..so no..shaking head...

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know I‘m going to say go big @Mamabean. :lol: From what I’ve read of other people’s experiences, the Expert Selection just misses the ACA mark so minimally that I would get that to have a look. I have tried on 2 carat + rings and they just didn’t give me the look I wanted. I knew I wanted bigger, so of course when Bella came along, it was just perfect. After a week or so, you got so used to the size that I know I couldn’t go smaller now.

To quote one PSer “I know I wanted smaller” said a PSer never :lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Your sapphire ring is sooooooooooo pretty! I love the color! Is she a right hand ring..or will you wear it on your right hand?
@Austina Yes..I noticed a while back that people were talking about pics you posted..and I couldn’t find them...I even went to IG to see if you posted them there.
I’m going to get a Whiteflash diamond to eventually trade up. I won’t go larger than around 2.75 as the top..I will probably upgrade it next year. Should I go for the same size that I posted before in the moissanite setting that I can probably use with a little better specs in the 2.5? It looks very close in size to Libby...Should I shoot for the closest I can get to my dream size which is 2.75 but the clarity and color won’t be my ideal? I’m thinking if I do the close to 2.75..I can get use to the size and get better specs next year. I may even change my mind on the clarity because it’s super ideal. The color I would change because I’m color sensitive. So...2.5 better specs now with an upgrade next year put into my old setting that has moissanite in it now...or close to 2.75 with lower clarity and color specs but I will upgrade next year? I will get a cheaper setting through Whiteflash so it can be set right away..I’ll sell that setting next year..Opinions please?
Edited to say they just came up with an Expert Selection in a bit over 3 carats for the same price as the ACA ugh..No Joanne..stick with the smaller ACA...I won’t upgrade to that size in the better specs..so no..shaking head...

Can’t ask me about size lol sorry not sorry, I needed a halo... :oops2:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!
my mother is not doing so well, as you probably have figured out. Chemo is really hard on her, body and soul. Oh well we will persevere.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they just came up with an Expert Selection in a bit over 3 carats for the same price as the ACA

This^
Now we are not you Joanne so of course we are speaking from our hearts and minds as to what we would do. But I have to say this seems to be almost the perfect solution. Don't pay for what you cannot see. Can you see the difference between the ES and the ACA?

And we all know perfect is the enemy of good enough so just saying...we like big and beautiful and this might be just the stone for you...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!
my mother is not doing so well, as you probably have figured out. Chemo is really hard on her, body and soul. Oh well we will persevere.

Dear Scandinavian, sending you and your mom gentle hugs and continued buckets of good luck healing dust. Hope that after chemo she starts feeling much better and that the chemo destroys all the cancer!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, we were both up early. Yes, this too shall pass, but it’s hard to stay serene, even if on the surface you can feel calm I think the subconscious knows what’s up.
Hugs!!!

Thank you dear Jimmianne and (((hugs))) to you too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got off the phone with Tuey and finally getting a hair cut tomorrow. It's been almost a full year and I really have let my hair just go. Not a pretty sight at all and not sure Tuey can fix it but he definitely can cut off all the dead ends. I literally have 8 inches of dead ends. Looking forward to cutting it all off!

Dear @Tekate so glad the jaw is healed and you are feeling well! You made my day! And congrats on your nephew's upcoming marriage. And another wedding in October and in France. Maybe I missed it but you and Jimmianne must get together. You will love each other! Wow Kate is going to be 40 soon. I cannot believe it. But to me 40 is still very young. Haha that's what happens when age creeps up on us and everyone else seems so much younger :lol:

Glad Chris arrived safely to Brooklyn and that Autie and family are doing well. I am sad to hear about how everyone is missing Gen but that is understandable and please tell Kate I am thinking of her. It's so hard missing loved ones especially when they leave us too soon :(

Hope John's allergies are doing a bit better and that everything with the house gets sorted out. Sending you big hugs Kate the very great and wise and warm and kind and generous. XOXO.

@Austina you and me both but I am still in some discomfort from Pilates. Smart to start slow and steady. Good luck with the gym and you will be in fighting shape in no time.

Appointment went OK. Took blood and waiting for results. Nothing new to report but for the fact my endocrinologist said my health insurance company might not be covering my T3 meds. Frustrating but I won't know til I am due for a refill at the end of this month. And they no longer cover more than 2 blood tests a year. Ridiculous. But I am not concerning myself with that right now. One day at a time. Need to concentrate on getting Greg through this TKR and then the kidney stones and then I can focus on these insurance annoyances. @Slick1 you know I feel your pain.

Hi to everyone else. Hope a good afternoon is being enjoyed by everyone.

Not the most flattering perspective but haha Joanne and I were chatting this morning while I was waiting for the endocrinologist and she wanted to know what boots I was wearing. Oh @canuk-gal I am wearing our favorite Canadian boots. <3

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 2.13.23 PM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!

I’m so sorry @Scandinavian....She has to have it seven weeks, right? How many weeks does she have left of chemo?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Mamabean, first off your new stone is beautiful! Looking forward to you receiving it and I hope you love it.

The ES sounds tempting...but I agree that it will be expensive to upgrade down the road to a 3 carat ACA with better specs. You could upgrade to an ES with better specs but I'm not sure what the cost would be. I don't know, I'm thinking go for the 2.75 (since that's your dream size) with the lower specs and upgrade to higher specs later on. Who knows, you might be happy with the specs. What are the specs of the 2.75? What are the specs of the ES? I'd be ok with the ES but I'm not that color sensitive and I don't mind lower clarity but we all have different preferences.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results