shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I feel the same way about seeing the old photos. I am lucky to have a sibling who wants anything I don’t want. I must be of « a certain age » because I hardly want anything....except my bling of course : )
...and Missy’s new earrings. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I had to take down my “preloved” listing for the clearly stated « sterling Berricle rings ».
I got so many responses asking for details that it turned into a project. I cleaned and steamed the rings, took extra photos, wrote and sent details, and to the person, everyone wrote back saying they thought the rings were gold. One person wrote to say they didn’t ’t like the brand. :wall:What a waste of a half day. I thought it would be fun to share the rings with PSers, but I’m going with my original plan of donating them to the thrift shop that supports battered women.
Do I sound frustrated? :lol:

Peace, NIRDIs

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I so enjoy reading all your news lovelly NIRDI ladies
@Jimmianne that's a good cause and they will get a better price because you cleaned them

We have been BBQing the turkey
Had a bother of a job getting the webber hot enough
I think our bricketts were a bit damp
Anyway here is Gary's turkey (the 20200102_211042.jpg
The wing came away as he got it out of the pan) 20200102_211108.jpg and his stuffing (done in the oven) and my cranbery sauce
I now have to go back the cake (banana carrot) and make the pinnapple slaw
The house looks like a bomb hit it
The turkey tastes like smoked chicken kind of
20200102_212817.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies. Happy January 2nd, 2020. 1/2/2020. Haha it is going to take me time to get used to it being 2020. Or as people in my profession write 20/20. :lol:

@missy how exciting your new phone will arrive tomorrow. I hope you love it as much as I love mine. Yes, I am with you on trusting people and generally I am not disappointed. When I am, I hopefully learn from it and move on. Glad to hear Greg is feeling okay. Glad you enjoyed my annual poem. Hopefully Greg’s procedure Friday takes care of his pain and kidney stone and the knee surgery can go as planned. That’s totally right we can’t take it with us and I’ve always told my nieces and nephews they should always suck up to us because whoever doesn’t is gong to be named executor of our estate and we aren’t telling them ANYTHING. One nephew always says “you’re looking pretty today Marcy”. I am not surprised Jimmy is a good family man; he sounds like a great guy in general. I totally enjoyed your pictures from 2019. That t-shirt is great and the perks of being over 60 are awesome. Great picture of Francesca at the beach house. Is Oliver still biting you and terrorizing the other kitties? Your new earrings are gorgeous.

Thanks Marcy. I agree I rather be trusting and then disappointed vs not giving people a chance. I am a super loyal friend and I think therein lies the problem because everyone is different and people say things they don't mean (which I don't do) and so inevitably I get disappointed. The problem is my expectations are too high in that I set them for others as I do myself and that is a big mistake. People (me included) are not perfect but we all vary in where we are deficient so to speak and for me loyalty is critical as is truthfulness and honesty and well I do get disappointed, Luckily it is rare and I have only had 2 incidents (both PSers believe it or not :( ) in the past 10 years so not too bad a track record. And I learn from each experience. I also don't hate anyone who disappoints me. I just get hurt and sometimes hurt looks like anger but it is just hurt. And I wish them only well. There I go again writing a book haha.

Greg is probably not getting the procedure tomorrow. He is worried it will interfere with his knee surgery so he is rolling the dice and putting it off probably. Oliver is calming down but yes he is still attacking the others (playing but too rough and they run) and he is food obsessed which remains a huge issue because Tommy and Fred need food out or they will starve. Thanks for the earring compliments. Much appreciated. iPhone arriving today but I did not get a case yet. Do you recommend one? I don't want to get the Pad and Quill case I have (wallet case and I love it) because it is dark leather and affects my photos lol. I was thinking clear case and wondering if you have any recommendations? Thanks Marcy.

Game night sounded like lots of fun and yummm to breakfast the next day and lasagna. Ooh Marcy I wish you lived closer haha.

@missy, great news that Greg is feeling ok and I hope this stone gets taken care of soon. Your new earrings are gorgeous - amazing diamonds and I love the rich gold color. Thanks for asking about my brother...he's been getting some sleep at night recently and hopefully it will last for a while. Oliver is such a pretty kitty. How are the other kitties doing? I'm sorry you're missing Francesca so much. And thank you for your kind words...yes, the holidays bring back memories, that's for sure...I'm always expecting to see her under the tree.

Thanks Junie. I am glad your brother is getting some sleep at night and hope that continues to improve. The other cats are doing OK thanks for asking. Fred continues to go outside the litter box (thinking it's because of his arthritis) but I don't mind. I just love him and want to keep him here healthy as best as possible for as long as possible. I am so sorry you are missing Zoe and I think of Zoe often. It was strange how Zoe and Francesca and then Dottie all went to Rainbow Bridge in relative proximity time wise and I hope they are playing together waiting for us to join them. I feel very sad thinking about them still. Truly a piece of my heart has broken off never to be mended. Sending you comforting hugs. Zoe was a lucky cat to have you and your family as you were her and I hope that brings you some measure of comfort. It does bring me some measure of comfort to know that we did all we could for Frankie and gave her a good life. She knew shew was loved and adored and cherished. Of course it doesn't bring them back but nothing will. :(

Glad you are enjoying your beautiful rings Junie. You have gorgeous jewelry and exquisite taste. I love your entire collection. And your sapphire cluster ring oh my TDF. <3

@Mamabean hope your DH is doing well and feeling better with each day. Hugs to you. Happy New Year.

@Scandinavian hope all is well by you and sending healing thoughts to everyone who needs them. Hugs.

@Slick1 Happy New Year dear friend. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful week. XO.

@Austina hugs to you. Missing Dottie and you know we get it. All I can say is you gave her the best possible life and for that you should take comfort and she was a good girl. You were both so lucky to have each other. No words can take away the pain I know that. Sending you love across the miles. I am excited that soon you will be living in the USA.

@sarahb Happy New Year and I hope you are off to a good start. Hugs.

@Polabowla no, I am sorry I don't know... that photo I got off the internet and thought it was so pretty. I have no clue where it is located though...

@Jimmianne oy and vey and too much work for the money I agree. People are so silly at times. Just read the link and description and you will know they are sterling silver etc. Gee whiz. No good deed. How is your DD feeling? I hope you get to enjoy some quality time with her before she has to head back. And I love your new phone (soon will join you haha) and gold bands. Thanks for loving my earrings. When you visit you can enjoy them and wear them too. They would look fabulous on you.

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying more mild weather and having a good week of the new decade. Wearing your gorgeous bling at home sounds like a lovely way to enjoy the day IMO. We are on our last cycling day though I have had a complication (what else is new, nothing is easy) so not sure we will be able to ride today. We shall see. Anyway happy New Year and hugs.

@AV_ a New Year indeed and walking and hiking and cycling is more fun (for me) than running so maybe that is a goal for you and lifting too. I must get back to lifting as I haven't done weights for over 5 years. I stopped when I broke my leg and never got back into it. I always did not enjoy lifting. I need Marty to whip me into shape haha.

@Daisys and Diamonds how pretty it is there. Love the photo. Hope you are enjoying a good week.

We cycled yesterday and it was chilly but fun. And Jimmy insisted (as in not taking NO for an answer so we couldn't insult him and keep refusing) on giving us the key. We don't plan on using it but it was a very sweet and generous gesture on his part. He is such a lovely man.

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 8.40.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 8.41.01 AM.png

It was breathtaking scenery the whole ride. Winter has some amazing qualities to offer and one of them is the crisp gorgeous views.
Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 8.41.10 AM.png

Last night all of a sudden my big toe became very painful and inflamed. I mean severe pain. I had to text my podiatrist who is on vacation and I loathed to do that but it was incredible pain and inflammation. He is going to try coming in today and I think he is away and returning today. So he said late afternoon and he would let me know. I was up most of the night in pain. Some of you might know I cannot take pain meds so I cannot take anything to relieve it. It's ridiculous how it's one thing after another but it is what it is and I am keeping a positive attitude. It will be fixed (hopefully) and I think the nail has to come off. The cycling accident in 2014 is the gift that keeps on giving. LOL gotta laugh as it beats the alternative. Now just hoping my doctor can and will see me and help me today. Not sure about cycling. Greg says I am crazy and we all know that is true haha. But it is our last cycling day as the rain is arriving and then we are going back to Brooklyn. So if we don't ride today we don't ride till Spring and even that depends on Greg's recovery from TKR. So you can see why I want to ride...

I hope everyone has a great day and sending you hugs and good wishes. To everyone.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
NIRDI Shoutout!!:wavey:

I just wanted to drop by & wish everyone a wonderful New Year....I dropped by late last night & saw I was pages behind so caught up my reading & it was too late to post, but wanted to thank @missy for your wishes & always being so kind & awesome!!

When I went to bed I was thinking about this thread--I bet you never anticipated your broken bones in your leg post would become the longest lasting thread in PS history. Its quite amazing, the smiles, the sharing, the support its given, and even the friendships formed etc etc...thank you @missy & NIRDI's all!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb, yes, what an incredible & supportive thread...and dear Missy went through hell to make all this happen! That is why
I call her the Queen Bee<3

Missy, I am SO ready to visit you, and not just to wear your earrings haha.
I was thinking about the same thing re:selling the rings. No good deed...etc etc.
Your poor toe! Did you explain to it that now is 2020
and pain is so « last year »???

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG so Fed Ex messed up. I tracked online and it still showed delivery due 12/31/19. OK so obviously that date has passed. So I contacted them via chat (automated bot) and all I got was delivery is pending but not sure when it will happen. So I called them despite the fact that their offices are closed and I got a customer service rep from out of this country who was very helpful. The nice young man on the phone found them for me! He told me the Fed Ex tracking isn't working for some reason but he was able to track them down and Greg went out and got them for me woohoo!

A few quick shots as we are off cycling soon but I had to share the happy update with you girls. XO

In kitchen:

gregopeningearrings.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 8.43.09 AM.png

In bedroom:

omcdanglesgildedlane.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 8.57.15 AM.png

Thoughts. They are romantic and chunkalicious and delightful. And oh so comfy on my ears. I love them.

Have a wonderful and blingy Wednesday. XO.

Ear shot please?

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy new year to everyone,!

@missy New earrings and a new iPhone with a great camera mean only one thing. Mandatory ear shots. We're all waiting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ear shot please?

Happy new year to everyone,!

@missy New earrings and a new iPhone with a great camera mean only one thing. Mandatory ear shots. We're all waiting.

Haha ok ok. Lol. Back from toe surgery and all I can say is ouch. My poor toe. Yes @Jimmianne i agree. Pain is so last year :lol: Now if only my body and Greg’s body can get the message lol.

A photo on the way to the podiatrist. Taken with my old iPhone sorry rainwood. I have to get the new one set up. Maybe tomorrow.

EF2A4887-B7B8-44F4-85D7-1B485CC34338.jpeg

I’ll be back tomorrow to reply to everyone and their warm and kind posts. XOXO

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I don’t know how you can have toe surgery and no pain reliever! Omg. Did he take the nail off? I hope it heals quickly..
Your earrings look GORGEOUS!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@junebug17 definitely wear your pretty rings around the house so you can enjoy them. Ovals are so elegant looking. I am glad to hear your brother is sleeping a little better. Thank you about my heart ring; I think I’ll enjoy it more if I go up a little in size. I used saline spray for a while but I guess that’s not as “loaded” as Afrin. That is something. Jumanji is a fun movie. Your relaxing evening on NYE sounds great. That is my favorite way to spend an evening too.

@Jimmianne I think since I am “wise” not old (ha ha) I just don’t want to collect more “stuff”. But of course collecting bling is another story. Sorry listing your rings in pre-loved turned out to be such a hassle for you. That would be nice to donate them.

@Daisys and Diamonds everything looks delicious. Your “green” view doesn’t resemble anything around here. Enjoy.

@missy I hope your toe is feeling better. Ouch! I think expecting people to be honest and loyal is not a bad thing. Generally I would like to believe most people are good though. It does hurt when you find out someone who you thought was your friend was not; but it’s kind of a lesion learned. I get why Greg is not getting the procedure; it will be nice to get his knee done and start working on this recovery. Hopefully Oliver continues to calm down and becomes less aggressive. Eating the other kitties food will be hard to manage. I hope you love your new phone. I’ve been buying Speck cases; I posted my link above. I wish we lived closer too. I love the picture of Greg and Jiimmy; too cute he insisted on giving you his key. Gorgeous view of the ocean. Your earrings look fabulous with amazing diamonds.

@sarahb hi! I hope you are doing well.

Hi @Scandinavian and @rainwood

I was cold and bored at work today. No one saw that coming. NOT. Marty wanted to meet for supper - sweet no dishes. Tomorrow is Friday already. Yippee.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies, I am back to say good morning and wish you happy FriYAY!

NIRDI Shoutout!!:wavey:

I just wanted to drop by & wish everyone a wonderful New Year....I dropped by late last night & saw I was pages behind so caught up my reading & it was too late to post, but wanted to thank @missy for your wishes & always being so kind & awesome!!

When I went to bed I was thinking about this thread--I bet you never anticipated your broken bones in your leg post would become the longest lasting thread in PS history. Its quite amazing, the smiles, the sharing, the support its given, and even the friendships formed etc etc...thank you @missy & NIRDI's all!!

Thank you for your always kind and supportive comments and friendship @sarahb. You warm my heart. (((Hugs))).

Sarahb, yes, what an incredible & supportive thread...and dear Missy went through hell to make all this happen! That is why
I call her the Queen Bee<3

Missy, I am SO ready to visit you, and not just to wear your earrings haha.
I was thinking about the same thing re:selling the rings. No good deed...etc etc.
Your poor toe! Did you explain to it that now is 2020
and pain is so « last year »???

Oh I cannot wait dear @Jimmianne to see you. And haha as I wrote above I completely agree. Pain is so 2019. LOL. I am sorry the ring selling went down like it did. I don't understand some people and have stopped trying. Why I prefer animals over most people.

@Slick1 continued good thoughts for Chase and for you to receive good new about the insurance coverage. And woohoo it's Friday so weekend is almost here. I know you need a break even after your short workweek. You have the most challenging job and I hope it is more rewarding than not. Hugs.

@Scandinavian OK girl, I gave you earshots. Hope you approve. How is your mom doing and how is your grandmother doing? And how are you enjoying your beautiful pinkalicious new setting?

@missy I hope your toe is feeling better. Ouch! I think expecting people to be honest and loyal is not a bad thing. Generally I would like to believe most people are good though. It does hurt when you find out someone who you thought was your friend was not; but it’s kind of a lesion learned. I get why Greg is not getting the procedure; it will be nice to get his knee done and start working on this recovery. Hopefully Oliver continues to calm down and becomes less aggressive. Eating the other kitties food will be hard to manage. I hope you love your new phone. I’ve been buying Speck cases; I posted my link above. I wish we lived closer too. I love the picture of Greg and Jiimmy; too cute he insisted on giving you his key. Gorgeous view of the ocean. Your earrings look fabulous with amazing diamonds.

Dear @marcy thank you. Toe is feeling better but still bleeding. Yuck. My podiatrist is the best though and I am so grateful he came in for me. He told me he cannot keep giving me the needles and ripping out the toenail as too much scar tissue is buidling up and will start affecting my toe very soon. So he wants to cut some skin out in the hopes of permanently stopping the nail growing in to my toe. In 4 months he hopes to do this on me and it requires stitches. He cannot chemically cauterize it as he does for most patients who have this issue because my skin is too sensitive and reactive but I also don't do great with stitches but he feels we are caught between a rock and hard place. I will add the needles were the most painful they have ever been yesterday. IDK why but OMG it was very painful indeed. But oh so grateful that nail is now gone.

As for Greg and the TKR now that is in question as the knee surgeon isn't sure it is a good idea to do the knee replacement with Greg in kidney stone flux. Oy and Vey. Greg is waiting to hear back from the surgeon who is contacting Greg's urologist who put in the stent and took out one of his kidney stones. As I wrote before Greg has a number of them so we are not sure what is going to happen now. Just waiting to hear back from the knee surgeon.

Thanks for the case recommendation. I cannot activate my new phone because remember when I ordered the first one that they messed up and well it still shows in the system. So Greg is going to try taking care of that mix up so I can activate my new phone soon. Will go check out your recommendations.

Sorry you were cold and bored at work yesterday and yay it's the weekend almost so woohoo for that. By the way for work and the cold look into the hot pockets for hands. I find when my hands are warm it helps warm my body. Crazy but true (for me) so maybe it will help you keep warm too?

@Mamabean he only removed part of the nail but still bleeding. It's basically ripping out half of it. Yuck right? How is your dh doing? Please keep us posted on your diamond heart project and we are here if you need us. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a wonderful week and looking forward to a happy weekend. It's FriYAY and hope you enjoy. XO.

We actually rode yesterday (but only half our normal ride) and then got a text mid ride that my podiatrist could see me at 1PM so we headed back thereby cutting our ride in half but it's OK. Main thing is I got the toe taken care and we did get to ride almost 30 miles. That's it for now because rain for the rest of the time we are here and then heading back to NYC.

Have a wonderful FriYAY lovely ladies. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo of my new iPhone. It's about the same size as my current iPhone.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 7.57.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 7.56.51 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t get to post yesterday, I thought I was doing well, but I wasn’t. Usually, when we get back, if I can stay up all day, I can sleep at night. That usually lasts 2 days and on the 3rd night, I’m up all night. Well, yesterday, I could barely keep my eyes open. We even went out for a while just to try and keep awake, but by the evening, I was soooo tired, I couldn’t see straight. When I went to bed, I couldn’t sleep!

@missy, the earrings are just gorgeous on you, no wonder you just had to have them. I’m so glad you got your toe taken care of, it sounds awful, but if it gives you some relief, then worth the immediate pain. Oy to Greg‘s knee surgery being in jeopardy, let’s hope he can get it taken care of as quickly as possible, so you can put that behind you any get on with having a better year.

Woohoo @marcy, almost the weekend and no more boring work. Yay to going out to eat and no dishes. I haven’t forgotten about the photo on my necklace, I’ll do it this weekend. I need to clean it as I haven’t taken it off since I got it.

Oy @Jimmianne, what’s wrong with people? I saw your listing and it’s a shame none were in my size because they looked so pretty.

Did you enjoy your turkey @Daisys and Diamonds, I had smoked turkey and smoked chicken at a BBQ place in Texas, and it did taste different to traditionally cooked meat.

Hi @sarahb - happy new year to you too! This is definitely THE place to be :D

@Mamabean have you had any more thoughts on what you’re going to do with all your mad money? I like spending other people’s money :lol:

Hi @rainwood , happy New Year to you!

Continuing to send good thoughts to your Mum, Grandmother and the furries @Scandinavian. If you’re ever passing through here, please let me know, I have to see your ring in her pink tutu :kiss2:

We’re such a bunch of party animals @junebug17, all in bed before midnight. I know you also know all too well what it’s like to miss a much loved pet. Do you think you’ll ever get another?

It’s really mild here, bright and sunny too!

Just off to get my hair done.

:wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE
Haha ok ok. Lol. Back from toe surgery and all I can say is ouch. My poor toe. Yes @Jimmianne i agree. Pain is so last year :lol: Now if only my body and Greg’s body can get the message lol.

A photo on the way to the podiatrist. Taken with my old iPhone sorry rainwood. I have to get the new one set up. Maybe tomorrow.

EF2A4887-B7B8-44F4-85D7-1B485CC34338.jpeg

I’ll be back tomorrow to reply to everyone and their warm and kind posts. XOXO

LOVE them! And you hair!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK girl, I gave you earshots. Hope you approve. How is your mom doing and how is your grandmother doing? And how are you enjoying your beautiful pinkalicious new setting?

I love (love love) the new setting! I really do think it kind of looks like a little flower:)
Mother is not so well. She is hanging in there but chemo is really hard on her. She get so sick and can hardly get out of bed most days. But hey. Only 7 more weeks of chemo now!
Grandmother is much better, thankfully. Only took 3 hospitalisations lol. Even her eye is better. Fingers crossed it will last

Continuing to send good thoughts to your Mum, Grandmother and the furries @Scandinavian. If you’re ever passing through here, please let me know, I have to see your ring in her pink tutu :kiss2:

Thank you so much for thinking of us. And you are (truly!) always welcome here you know, I know you like to travel;-) Missy can vouch for my sanity lol. Or perhaps lack there of...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies, I am back to say good morning and wish you happy FriYAY!

Thank you for your always kind and supportive comments and friendship @sarahb. You warm my heart. (((Hugs))).

Oh I cannot wait dear @Jimmianne to see you. And haha as I wrote above I completely agree. Pain is so 2019. LOL. I am sorry the ring selling went down like it did. I don't understand some people and have stopped trying. Why I prefer animals over most people.

@Slick1 continued good thoughts for Chase and for you to receive good new about the insurance coverage. And woohoo it's Friday so weekend is almost here. I know you need a break even after your short workweek. You have the most challenging job and I hope it is more rewarding than not. Hugs.

@Scandinavian OK girl, I gave you earshots. Hope you approve. How is your mom doing and how is your grandmother doing? And how are you enjoying your beautiful pinkalicious new setting?

Dear @marcy thank you. Toe is feeling better but still bleeding. Yuck. My podiatrist is the best though and I am so grateful he came in for me. He told me he cannot keep giving me the needles and ripping out the toenail as too much scar tissue is buidling up and will start affecting my toe very soon. So he wants to cut some skin out in the hopes of permanently stopping the nail growing in to my toe. In 4 months he hopes to do this on me and it requires stitches. He cannot chemically cauterize it as he does for most patients who have this issue because my skin is too sensitive and reactive but I also don't do great with stitches but he feels we are caught between a rock and hard place. I will add the needles were the most painful they have ever been yesterday. IDK why but OMG it was very painful indeed. But oh so grateful that nail is now gone.

As for Greg and the TKR now that is in question as the knee surgeon isn't sure it is a good idea to do the knee replacement with Greg in kidney stone flux. Oy and Vey. Greg is waiting to hear back from the surgeon who is contacting Greg's urologist who put in the stent and took out one of his kidney stones. As I wrote before Greg has a number of them so we are not sure what is going to happen now. Just waiting to hear back from the knee surgeon.

Thanks for the case recommendation. I cannot activate my new phone because remember when I ordered the first one that they messed up and well it still shows in the system. So Greg is going to try taking care of that mix up so I can activate my new phone soon. Will go check out your recommendations.

Sorry you were cold and bored at work yesterday and yay it's the weekend almost so woohoo for that. By the way for work and the cold look into the hot pockets for hands. I find when my hands are warm it helps warm my body. Crazy but true (for me) so maybe it will help you keep warm too?

@Mamabean he only removed part of the nail but still bleeding. It's basically ripping out half of it. Yuck right? How is your dh doing? Please keep us posted on your diamond heart project and we are here if you need us. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a wonderful week and looking forward to a happy weekend. It's FriYAY and hope you enjoy. XO.

We actually rode yesterday (but only half our normal ride) and then got a text mid ride that my podiatrist could see me at 1PM so we headed back thereby cutting our ride in half but it's OK. Main thing is I got the toe taken care and we did get to ride almost 30 miles. That's it for now because rain for the rest of the time we are here and then heading back to NYC.

Have a wonderful FriYAY lovely ladies. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo of my new iPhone. It's about the same size as my current iPhone.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 7.57.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 7.56.51 AM.png

New phone! That is always so much fun!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New phone! That is always so much fun!

Not so much fun. For some reason we are having trouble activating it. Greg has been on hold with Verizon for over 30 minutes now. Crazy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love (love love) the new setting! I really do think it kind of looks like a little flower:)
Mother is not so well. She is hanging in there but chemo is really hard on her. She get so sick and can hardly get out of bed most days. But hey. Only 7 more weeks of chemo now!
Grandmother is much better, thankfully. Only took 3 hospitalisations lol. Even her eye is better. Fingers crossed it will last

Thank you so much for thinking of us. And you are (truly!) always welcome here you know, I know you like to travel;-) Missy can vouch for my sanity lol. Or perhaps lack there of...

I am so sorry dear Scandi :( Continuing healing vibes being sent her way and fingers crossed she gets through this and only 7 more weeks. (((Hugs))).

Glad grandmother is doing better. Fingers crossed.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ did the almonds bloom?

NOT! I am surprised, since by this time last year they were a riot, & as much the two years before: I expect white & pink branches on New Year Day. It is so worm too - around 20ºC at noon, but very little rain or snowup the mountain [therefore no mist, the more relevant source of water - usually there is so much, it drenches everything in late morning, as if it had rained]. I feel stunted like the almonds ,( There ought to be almond flowers.

I expect a fun weekend inspecting the status of these things ,)

A diamond flower would be a good stand in! Your pink is the right shade, @Scandinavian

@AV_, hope you were able to do something fun and/or relaxing for NY's. And I hope your work is going well.

I've done the same as you & kept things very quiet, except for starting new work, which is rather the opposite of quiet, not that anyone else sees the stirr! It was the least celebrated end of year & will catch up, perhaps this weekend which is also a Holiday. [no rush!]

Greg is probably not getting the procedure tomorrow. He is worried it will interfere with his knee surgery so he is rolling the dice and putting it off probably.
@AV_ a New Year indeed and walking and hiking and cycling is more fun (for me) than running so maybe that is a goal for you and lifting too. I must get back to lifting as I haven't done weights for over 5 years. I stopped when I broke my leg and never got back into it. I always did not enjoy lifting. I need Marty to whip me into shape haha
We cycled yesterday and it was chilly but fun. And Jimmy insisted (as in not taking NO for an answer so we couldn't insult him and keep refusing) on giving us the key.

Greg's choice sunds bold!

I assume that your workout routine will change in NYC? Gardening gets me lifting a 30 lbs bar [an iron rod used to dig up three roots] which is quite enough for me, but, in a couple of months I will be wanting more, maybe.

Might the icecream business interets you? I am not entirely joking!

I remember your toe troubles ,( - hoped they'd be gone! Fingers crossed for a definitive fix.

Ah, & those earrings! They are the happiest little diamonds .) (winking culets! & rounded like buds or dew drops & their size too) Just right! Of course they look right in your ears - it is your style. Love the gray frames & the way you wear white/silver gray in the photo!
[/QUOTE]

I was soooo tired, I couldn’t see straight. When I went to bed, I couldn’t sleep!

You are recounting my EOY just right! I tend to work at night if I can - and these days, there was nothing to stop the idiot habit ,( Darn! I used to not feel the lag once upon a time.

@Scandinavian Seven weeks of chemo sounds just tolerable ,( Your house must feel like a clinic - if one with great views; you are only writing about the beautiful part of everything [well, not that I can do better]

-

ending the day

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings from Texas, I've not been here since I saw Austina and that was before XMAS! and even then I didn't read much as it's been crazy here. All moved in to the temporary house, no plans for our new house yet and I'm getting ticked, got a stomach bug, from Autie, Mike it too and Cara (John never get's sick), Autie has been so much fun to be around. I have just been in and out of this place and visiting and cleaning and walking the dog, shopping, going up to the house lot etc etc I mean seriously no time, not looked at Insta either really.. so I don't know what anyone has been doing, I know Greg is due for his surgery in a week and 1/2 I think, I know he had kidney stones which @Calliecake had.. so I just gave you all an update.. we have been seeing our bestie Jim and Kath often, right now they are in Milan now.. but we see them lots because it's all new again :) so here are some pix of the holiday, swear to heaven I didn't take any pix on Xmas too busy cooking.

going to eat dinner and come back and then read everything.

missed you all mucho and thought about PS every day but never had an hour or two to sit down and read. next to last last pix is my nephew Danny's little guy Evan, he was born 18 days before Autumn.

autiegrandpapa.jpg

evan.jpg chrisjohnsalleybaby.jpg

Attachments

• autiesayingno.jpg
    autiesayingno.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results