carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Scandi, I am sorry about your great aunt but I am glad to hear she had a long, good life. Big hugs to you. I am glad to hear your mother and grandmother are doing better. Sending mega dust that continues.

Daisys and Diamonds, I envy having good weather for Christmas.

Missy, wow - 8500 mlles. That is awesome! I see 9K in your future. Glad to hear no more flies and the kitties are hanging in there. Very nice of the people at the gelato place taking care of you and Greg when they were closing. Great pictures from your ride.

Austina, darn that neither of your bands go with Bella. Since I had the Tiffany band first I wanted to pick a ring that went with that band. I had the Tiffany band cleaned and polished at Tiffany’s one time and the lady helping me actually squealed with delight when she saw my mini version of it as my ering. She took it around the store and showed the other ladies working. Those last 10-15 miles were pretty bad last night so I was glad when we got home. It was even foggier today. I would have enjoyed one more piece of cheesecake today. Oh well. I had a few cookies and some B&J Cherry Garcia. Glad you had a great time with your friends. No it’s not bad to drink champagne in the afternoon; heck you need it for mimosa in the morning.

AV, there is nothing wrong with comfort food and most of it comes with childhood memories. We had worse fog here today and it turned in to freezing fog. Ugh. I will be anxious to see your pictures. You deserve a long nap after being up that long.

Sharon, burr that is cold- we climbed out of the teens today. I practically didn’t need a coat. Ha Ha. IMO popcorn is a great supper.

Marty ventured off back to Colorado today to meet my BIL and nephews for breakfast then some Black Friday shopping. I returned some boots I bought that didn’t work with thicker socks, then ventured over to Michael’s to get some battery operated Christmas lights and some yarn. There was a nice man who offered to help me across the parking lot. I hate walking on ice but since I was doing okay I just thanked him and said I was doing okay. I thought that was so nice of him. Then I picked up some groceries. I thought of driving around and taking some picture of the snowy, frosty trees but the side streets are still really drifted so I came home instead. I did a few batches of laundry. I made some mini pizzas for the freezer and fast forwarded through the Macy’s parade I recorded to watch the Snoopy Balloon. My thrillometer is pegged.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday!

@marcy haha thanks for your encouragement and enthusiasm but we might be done soon. Today we cannot ride as we are heading to Long Island with Tommy to see my sister and then the rain/snow is coming and then Greg has to be in the city for work/doctors/etc. So if we get to ride again before next year it will be only a day here and there if we are lucky. I am satiated though and no complaints from me. It was a record cycling year and we accomplished a lot this year with all we had and still have on our proverbial plates.

How wonderful that nice gentleman offered to help you across the ice. I love hearing heartwarming stories like that. Nice that Marty got in a good visit with his brother and nephews. Sweet that you made a return so didn't waste money on boots you wouldn't wear. And haha on your thrillometer. It's just where it needs to be and I would be pleased with that level of excitement. Sometimes less is more. Not with diamonds and other bling of course but with other stuff. Hahahaha. XOXO.

@canuk-gal thank you dear fellow cycling enthusiast. We are pleased with our cycling this year. We made the most of what we had to face this year and I am satiated re cycling. For now. Hehe. And indeed what did your dh do yesterday? I second the popcorn for dinner suggestion. Maybe that will tempt your dh to prepare something for dinner next time lol. Or maybe just going out to dinner works well in that situation. Hope you had a lovely evening with dh no matter what was for dinner and have a wonderful and hopefully warm cozy day. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ you are so right. Holidays (and life in general) is what you make of them. I would love if you decided to start cycling and Sharon and I could offer you tips if you decided it was something you would enjoy. I am right with you re the short winter days and looking forward to climbing out of the dark short days as soon as the end of December arrives. XOXO

@Austina fabulous you booked a Downton Abbey trip next year. And yes to enjoying champagne and good times with your friends the other day. No more fruit flies so far thank goodness. And oooh nooo to flying ants. That is scary. I don't know if I ever mentioned it here but we are always having our photos taken and videos as well. People are quite obsessed with us and our cycling contraption lol. All the time people take out their phones and start videoing us and taking photos. We wave when we see them doing it. I generally don't like when people take my photo without permission but I am wearing a mask in the cooler weather so now I am A OK with it haha. Anyway we are making for some very boring video for strangers is all I can say. ;-)
Love your friends pic and I agree. Thank you for sharing it. <3 XOXO

@Tekate hello dear girlie, hope you are having a warm wonderful weekend. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 hugs to you and hope all is continuing to go very well. I hop Chase is rallying. XOXO.

@Scandinavian thinking of you and hoping your grandmother and mom are doing well. (((Hugs))).

@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky how are you doing? Thinking of you. XOXO.

We cycled yesterday and it never got past 38 degrees F. It was the chilliest prolonged ride we ever had. And it was thrilling. Thank goodness for heat warmers in my gloves and shoes. Really makes a difference. Hot pockets best invention for cold weather enjoyment outside. And of course we had ice cream haha.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 5.20.52 AM.png

Jimmy put up a little Christmas tree.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 5.21.03 AM.png

And it was cold and brisk all day. Very very chilly. But so beautiful. @bling_dream19 and @Daisys and Diamonds the Jersey Shore awaits you...

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 5.21.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 5.21.18 AM.png

Today we are headed to Long Island to see my sister at work and have her evaluate Tommy. It's going to be a very long day with driving and traffic so want to wish you all a lovely Caturday Saturday and will leave you wit a photo of Fred from last night. All freshly bathed as when we got back from cycling Greg bathed Fred again.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 5.25.16 AM.png

and OK one of Oliver from this very moment. He is a mischievous little patient Zero (haha @Mamabean)

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 5.25.43 AM.png

Have a Super Caturday Saturday lovely lasses.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.... and now my grandmother is in the hospital again because she feels like she can’t breathe properly....
The drama continues. You must - at some point - be wondering if I’m making all this up....

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, glad to hear you had a pleasant Thanksgiving. Sometimes it's nice to have a more quiet and relaxing holiday. Hopefully you'll be able to see your family during the December holidays...which will be here before we know it. Congrats on the miles and it's good you've been able to do some extra cycling. And so nice you ran into some friends along the way. Sweet pics of the ferals too. I hope the dentist can figure out what's going on with your gums.

@Jimmianne, so great to hear from you and I hope you're feeling ok. <3

@bling_dream 19, wow, you have been really busy lately. I'm so glad everything is falling into place for the wedding. I'm sorry the photographer seems expensive but it will be wonderful to have beautiful pictures of this really important day. Very glad you're happy with your new sapphire band. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious and I hope you had a great time with your family.

@Austina, you're right, that little feral does look like Zoe. <3. Good luck with your trip preparations. It's good to get started early because then you're not running around at the last minute. And it's nice to come back to a clean home. The keychain you got Colin is very sweet. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds delicious. Nice that you had friends over for lunch and I'm glad it was a good time. Exciting that you have a trip planned to Downton Abbey, sounds like fun.

@canuk-gal, so sorry you had to have moles removed and I'm sending you good thoughts. Hope you had a lovely birthday and I agree, dollar store champagne would not be a good idea lol. Stay warm and safe.

@marcy, sorry about all the snow and ice; makes going anywhere such a pain. Pretty pic of the snow though lol. So nice of that man to offer to help you. Love the pics of your ering and bands. They all look so pretty together and you have a gorgeous diamond. Nice that you had a great Thanksgiving spending time with your sister and her family.

@Daisys and Diamonds, sorry you got upset by a thread but please don't worry about it at all. You handled it well and the thread will make its way to the back pages quickly. I hope you're doing well and you're not too hot!

@Mamabean, it's wonderful that you spent Thanksgiving with Chris, so happy about that. So glad he is doing well. I'm so glad you're happy with your reset. It turned out beautifully!

@Tekate, I'm in NJ right now but might head to SC after Christmas for a few days. So great to hear from you! Thank you for your good wishes. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and things are going well for you.

@Scandinavian, just saw your most recent post and I'm sorry your grandmother is still having health issues and is in the hospital. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on and it's nothing serious. Very sorry for the loss of your aunt. Thinking of your mother too. OX . The blue diamond is gorgeous. I am really looking forward to seeing your pink halo. Wow, pretty pics of the snow and house.

@AV_, Hope you're catching up on your rest. I love comfort food. It's very, well, comforting lol. But I agree, light meals are good too.

Thanks to all for your kind words about dd not being here for Thanksgiving. It turned out to be a nice day and everything went smoothly. I did a lot of things ahead of time this year so I didn't feel as stressed as past years. dh's two brothers, their wives, and our nephew came and it was good to spend time with them.

Just spending the day doing some things around the house and putting away the last of the dishes. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, glad to hear you had a pleasant Thanksgiving. Sometimes it's nice to have a more quiet and relaxing holiday. Hopefully you'll be able to see your family during the December holidays...which will be here before we know it. Congrats on the miles and it's good you've been able to do some extra cycling. And so nice you ran into some friends along the way. Sweet pics of the ferals too. I hope the dentist can figure out what's going on with your gums.

@Jimmianne, so great to hear from you and I hope you're feeling ok. <3

@bling_dream 19, wow, you have been really busy lately. I'm so glad everything is falling into place for the wedding. I'm sorry the photographer seems expensive but it will be wonderful to have beautiful pictures of this really important day. Very glad you're happy with your new sapphire band. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious and I hope you had a great time with your family.

@Austina, you're right, that little feral does look like Zoe. <3. Good luck with your trip preparations. It's good to get started early because then you're not running around at the last minute. And it's nice to come back to a clean home. The keychain you got Colin is very sweet. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds delicious. Nice that you had friends over for lunch and I'm glad it was a good time. Exciting that you have a trip planned to Downton Abbey, sounds like fun.

@canuk-gal, so sorry you had to have moles removed and I'm sending you good thoughts. Hope you had a lovely birthday and I agree, dollar store champagne would not be a good idea lol. Stay warm and safe.

@marcy, sorry about all the snow and ice; makes going anywhere such a pain. Pretty pic of the snow though lol. So nice of that man to offer to help you. Love the pics of your ering and bands. They all look so pretty together and you have a gorgeous diamond. Nice that you had a great Thanksgiving spending time with your sister and her family.

@Daisys and Diamonds, sorry you got upset by a thread but please don't worry about it at all. You handled it well and the thread will make its way to the back pages quickly. I hope you're doing well and you're not too hot!

@Mamabean, it's wonderful that you spent Thanksgiving with Chris, so happy about that. So glad he is doing well. I'm so glad you're happy with your reset. It turned out beautifully!

@Tekate, I'm in NJ right now but might head to SC after Christmas for a few days. So great to hear from you! Thank you for your good wishes. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and things are going well for you.

@Scandinavian, just saw your most recent post and I'm sorry your grandmother is still having health issues and is in the hospital. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on and it's nothing serious. Very sorry for the loss of your aunt. Thinking of your mother too. OX . The blue diamond is gorgeous. I am really looking forward to seeing your pink halo. Wow, pretty pics of the snow and house.

@AV_, Hope you're catching up on your rest. I love comfort food. It's very, well, comforting lol. But I agree, light meals are good too.

Thanks to all for your kind words about dd not being here for Thanksgiving. It turned out to be a nice day and everything went smoothly. I did a lot of things ahead of time this year so I didn't feel as stressed as past years. dh's two brothers, their wives, and our nephew came and it was good to spend time with them.

Just spending the day doing some things around the house and putting away the last of the dishes. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

June, you are always so sweet and kind! I hope you had a truly wonderful thanksgiving!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Scandi, I am sorry about your great aunt but I am glad to hear she had a long, good life. Big hugs to you. I am glad to hear your mother and grandmother are doing better. Sending mega dust that continues.

Daisys and Diamonds, I envy having good weather for Christmas.

Missy, wow - 8500 mlles. That is awesome! I see 9K in your future. Glad to hear no more flies and the kitties are hanging in there. Very nice of the people at the gelato place taking care of you and Greg when they were closing. Great pictures from your ride.

Austina, darn that neither of your bands go with Bella. Since I had the Tiffany band first I wanted to pick a ring that went with that band. I had the Tiffany band cleaned and polished at Tiffany’s one time and the lady helping me actually squealed with delight when she saw my mini version of it as my ering. She took it around the store and showed the other ladies working. Those last 10-15 miles were pretty bad last night so I was glad when we got home. It was even foggier today. I would have enjoyed one more piece of cheesecake today. Oh well. I had a few cookies and some B&J Cherry Garcia. Glad you had a great time with your friends. No it’s not bad to drink champagne in the afternoon; heck you need it for mimosa in the morning.

AV, there is nothing wrong with comfort food and most of it comes with childhood memories. We had worse fog here today and it turned in to freezing fog. Ugh. I will be anxious to see your pictures. You deserve a long nap after being up that long.

Sharon, burr that is cold- we climbed out of the teens today. I practically didn’t need a coat. Ha Ha. IMO popcorn is a great supper.

Marty ventured off back to Colorado today to meet my BIL and nephews for breakfast then some Black Friday shopping. I returned some boots I bought that didn’t work with thicker socks, then ventured over to Michael’s to get some battery operated Christmas lights and some yarn. There was a nice man who offered to help me across the parking lot. I hate walking on ice but since I was doing okay I just thanked him and said I was doing okay. I thought that was so nice of him. Then I picked up some groceries. I thought of driving around and taking some picture of the snowy, frosty trees but the side streets are still really drifted so I came home instead. I did a few batches of laundry. I made some mini pizzas for the freezer and fast forwarded through the Macy’s parade I recorded to watch the Snoopy Balloon. My thrillometer is pegged.

Take care.
Marcy

Marcy! The same thing (man, ice, help) happened to me last year! Only, I had sky high heels and was trying to navigate my way across a bridge! And the stupid bridge decided to first go up ( this I managed by dragging my *ss up by holding the railing) and then - the bridge decided to go back down! Like a little hill or speed bump or something! So as I’m standing there looking at the dreaded down part of it, a total gentleman comes walking and just bows and offeres me his arm. I felt so stupid I accepted lol. Imagine saying no thank you and then having to call him back to hoist me back on my feet if I had fallen. Oh my. I’m still blushing lol.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Happy Caturday indeed.

Missy, you know patient zero looks so sweet and innocent. Good thing he is so cute. I hope your visit with your sister goes well. I bet you’ll get more miles in this year but this time of year every mile is a bonus. It was a beautiful day on the Jersey shore and how could you pass up delicious ice cream even if it was chilly. That is great those heaters work so well for you.

Scandi, I hate to hear your grandmother is back in the hospital and having trouble breathing. I hope they get her fixed up today. Beautiful pictures. I am so glad you accepted the kind gentlemen’s arm to help you across the bridge. It sounds scary.

Junebug, I agree snow is pretty but it can sure create problems for us. The drifts are piling up as I am typing this. I don’t plan on venturing out until Monday morning. Thank you for the kind words about my bands and my diamond. Your thanksgiving sounds lovely and well organized. I am glad you caught up with so many relatives.

We got a few inches of snow last night but the problem is the other snow hasn’t melted yet and the are having wind gusts up to more than 70 mph. The state is pretty much closed down and roads are drifting pretty bad. We were going to a cribbage tournament tonight but they cancelled. We were taking a large tenderloin roast so Marty cut it half and is baking it for us now. We hope freezing the other half again won’t spoil it. Marty brought up all of our Christmas decorations so we got the tree put up and my Snoopy village on the mantel. Marty said “screw the outdoor lights”. I wonder why?

I also got the December newsletter posted and started laundry. Oh and I lifted today too. 34 pounds presses and 65 pounds lifting. Woo hoo me!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mamabean, I just noticed the quote in your signature. I used to say that all the time; it's one of my favorite quotes. When I was in college I had one of those little pocket quote books and I would look up quotes all the time to use for whatever we happened to be discussing. :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy December 1st.

@junebug17 so pleased you enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving and that all is well and calm by you. Perfect celebration with just the right amount of people. And nice that you are heading to SC after the holiday hullabaloo. Hope your weekend is going smoothly. XO.

@marcy haha they closed Wyoming. Girl, it takes a strong and tough person to live where you do. Woohoo to lifting all that weight. Impressive. Nice going on starting the December newsletter and stay safe and warm and cozy. Sorry the cribbage tournament was canceled and hope freezing the tenderloin keeps it yummy to eat at a later date. Oops re the outdoor lights but yeah I get why he doesn't want to put those up. Sweet the tree is already up with the decorations. I hope the winds die down and the snow melts and you are having a lovely rest of the weekend. XO.

@Scandinavian how is your grandmother doing honey? I am so sorry. I hear you re so much happening you think people will think you are making it up. With all that has been going on here I occasionally think that too but then I remember my friends know me and love me and I don't need to second guess what they are thinking. True friends get it. And as for everyone else who cares right? It's none of our business what other people think of us.

How are you holding up? Hope your mom is doing as well as can be expected and that your grandmother is recovering. So scary. Sending bucketloads of healing dust. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 thanks for always being here for me and for all your generous support and friendship. I hope Chase is continuing to rally and hope everyone is happy and well and enjoying a pre winter weekend. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 yay for FI getting his tuxedo and all falling into place. So much happy stuff happening. Love that. Hugs.

@Austina hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend and staying dry.

@canuk-gal I think of you every time we cycle in the chilly weather. Hope you are enjoying a cozy weekend and hope you are getting any bling you desire. I wrote it in another thread but you wear your bling so well. Truly everything you wear is elegant and classic and beautiful. Hugs to you.

@Mamabean hope you are recovering from the weekend and doing well. Hope the trip to Maryland went smoothly. Sending you warm hugs.

@Tekate hope you are healing and all is going well. Hugs my dear friend.

@AV_ how is the rest of your weekend going? I love food. Comfort food, healthy food, just food. But desserts are my favorite. Haha. May you be enjoying a sweet weekend. XO.

@Daisys and Diamonds how are things by you? Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

We saw my sister yesterday and brought Oliver and Tommy. I explained in the RW thread and please forgive me for not wanting to rehash. In a nutshell waiting for Tommy's blood work and we have started him on thyroid meds and will re check him in a few weeks.

We made good time each way and got to cycle when we returned from long island yesterday. So it was a good day as that was an unexpected bonus. Today and tomorrow are stormy with rain and snow so just running errands and staying put. A few inches of snow are heading our way I believe. Today is shampoo day for Bobby, Tommy and Oliver and we have to do a thorough cleaning of the house as we skipped yesterday due to lack of time and lack of energy. Hoping a Costco run can be accomplished today as well. Nothing more exciting happening here. And I hope it stays calm. It's been quite the 6 months that's for sure.

The trip there

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.23.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.23.38 AM.png

Our ice cream during cycling yesterday afternoon.

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.23.10 AM.png

And just the other day Jimmy won the Monmouth best ice cream award for 5 years in a row now. Sweet.

That's all folks. Have a lovely Sunday and hugs to all.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean, I just noticed the quote in your signature. I used to say that all the time; it's one of my favorite quotes. When I was in college I had one of those little pocket quote books and I would look up quotes all the time to use for whatever we happened to be discussing. :D

Like minds @marcy! NIRDI’s are the nicest people! I do have to say there are many, many other nice people on PS though..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@junebug17! I decided to go to Yvonne Raley and ask her if she could change 4mm pink tourmaline studs into drops. She said yes and the price is the same! They’re on sale now! There may be some there that you would like!
Edited to say “cake plate!”
@missy! Haha

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate , I hope you had a wonderful holiday and are getting settled In Austin. How are you feeling??? The past couple weeks must have felt like a whirlwind with all you have had going on. I hope you are enjoying living so close to Autie. It’s so good to see you back here. You have been missed Kate. I’ve been shopping for the little ones and can’t wait for Christmas.

@junebug17 , It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving and happy it was pretty stress free. It’s nice when you can enjoy the holiday and not be exhausted when it arrives. Hosting Thanksgiving is a lot of work. Going to SC after the Christmas holidays is the perfect time to get away from the cold. January and February are brutal months.

@Austina , I’m glad you had good time with your friends. When is Downton Abbey Tour? I can’t wait to hear all about it. Are you getting excited about your trip to Austin? Kim is going to love her Christmas presents. She is lucky to be having you as a MIL Austina. I love what you bought for Colin. It will mean a lot to him.

@mambean, I’m glad your Thanksgiving was nice even though it sounded like an awful lot of work. I hope Chris is doing well. I’ve been thinking of him and wishing him well. It sounded like David really enjoyed the day. Your Christmas decorating is beautiful Joanne.

@marcy, Wow lifting 65 pounds is impressive. We had some crazy winds here a couple days ago too. Please be careful on the ice. How nice of that man to ask to help you. I’m glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your family. I had to laugh at your nephews calling to make sure you bring their favorites. Your jewelry is beautiful Marcy.

@Scandinavian , Sending condolences on the loss of your aunt. I’m so sorry. I hope your grandmother is doing better and will be released from the hospital soon. I’m hoping the coming week is easier for you Scandi. Your bridge story was hysterical. Honey, Ice and heels are not a good combination, trust me I know this first hand. The picture of your home and that view is gorgeous.

@av, I hope you are doing well and not working too hard. Have you been having some fun too?

@bling_dream. Enjoy this happy time in your life. It sounds like you are all set for the wedding. You must be getting so excited for the big day.

@Slick1, I hope you are feeling better and enjoyed the holidays with your family.

Missy, It sounds like you and Greg had a nice Thanksgiving.

@daisy and diamonds , Please don’t worry about what you wrote in the other thread. I hope you have been doing well. A

@canuk-gal, I hope you had a great birthday.

We had a fun Thanksgiving at my brother and SIL’s home. We all had a good time and having the baby here this year made the day sweeter. She had her picture taken with her dad holding a turkey leg up to her. The expressions on her sweet
Iittle face were priceless.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17! I decided to go to Yvonne Raley and ask her if she could change 4mm pink tourmaline studs into drops. She said yes and the price is the same! They’re on sale now! There may be some there that you would like!
@missy! Haha

Haha so did you locate the bike and Greg @Mamabean ? ;-)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No! I don’t know where that is! I’ll have to go back! Haha!

LOL it's post #18,626
and I tagged you in it. I promised I would take another photo of find the bike and find Greg for you and I always keep my promises to my friends. XOXO.
:kiss:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy! Haha

@Mamabean, thank you! I will check out her website now. The crystal drops didn't work out. My problem is there is a small bezeled ruby on the back of the hoop so I need a large hoop on the drop to go over it. I don't know why the maker put that ruby there, you can't even see it lol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL it's post #18,626
and I tagged you in it. I promised I would take another photo of find the bike and find Greg for you and I always keep my promises to my friends. XOXO.
:kiss:

@missy Hahahahaha! I missed it because it’s one line in between two photos! I laughed out loud and Bailey jumped on me! Hysterical!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, thank you! I will check out her website now. The crystal drops didn't work out. My problem is there is a small bezeled ruby on the back of the hoop so I need a large hoop on the drop to go over it. I don't know why the maker put that ruby there, you can't even see it lol.

@junebug17 I told her how I was looking all over for drops..She said she will make some and out them online when she can. Any gemstone studs can be purchased to be made into drops. You would pay her and then add the note to seller that says you want drop rings for hoops instead of studs. It will be the same price. My hoops are very thin with little diamonds on them..only 1mm. She said there’s a bump that it has to go over too so she will make it a little larger. Just tell her about the hoop and she can make sure it will fit. If you know the mm width that would be helpful too.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, i have to laugh. I started to post yesterday for you to quit giving me ice cream fever, but decided to delete that comment.
I give up! Ice cream rules! Keep up the good ice cream vibes with those delicious photos lol
Not much new here...no snow storms, Snoopy decorations or holiday trips.
I’m waiting for an eye specialist appointment end of this week and will probably need cataract surgery asap. My left eye has been a total blur for the past few months.

Rose gold tree for my dd, who will be here with her husband on the 21st. It’s so gloomy here! The tree lights make things cheerful. I may just leave it up year ‘round.
Hi to everyone and a happy December 1st!
F3E166A3-0E75-4494-A05E-52778974C5A1.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I’m not sure it takes a tough and strong person to live here; I am starting to question my intelligence for still living here. Oh well, not much I can do about it now. I was born here. I read your update in the RW thread. That is too bad your sister’s boss took over before your sister got there. I think he was trying to be nice to you and your sister and I am glad your sister checked Tommy and Oliver out too. Being checked by the best twice can’t hurt, right? Hoping the blood work has some answers and the new meds help Tommy. That is great Fred is interested in playing with toys. Six months; wow! RW go away. NOW!! Nice you got to go for a ride and enjoy some delicious ice cream. How cool Jimmy won the best ice cream award. Beautiful pictures from your trip.

@Mamabean like minds, indeed. I bet if you ran in to any of my friends from college and ask them what quote I used to say all the time; it would be that one. The NIRDI’s are very nice as are many others on PS. That is great to hear they can make your drop earrings to fit your hoops.

@Calliecake I bet you are having fun shopping for the little ones. Thank you about lifting 65 pounds. Ford sent Marty an Otter box cooler for buying his pickup and it’s been setting in our entry way for a few weeks - it’s pretty heavy. I picked it up and got it in the garage; no way could I have done that before. I was impressed with myself. Thank you for the kind words about my jewelry; I really like my ACA pendant and earring set. I wear it frequently. Your Thanksgiving sounds really fun especially with a sweet and cute baby. Those times make such precious memories.

@junebug17 don’t you hate that when they put a gemstone or diamond somewhere you can’t see - and of course you pay for it. Darn they won’t work for drop earrings.

@Jimmianne I see you updated your avatar and of course I love seeing your asscher again. I think I eat more ice cream now that @missy posts pictures of ice cream all the time. I’m always thinking ooh ice cream sounds good. Your tree is gorgeous as is the view out the window. How wonderful your DD and her husband will be here soon. How long are they staying?

I slept in until 7 am. I mean, where was I going to go since the entire state is closed? I goofed off on my iPad and finally took a shower at about 9 then ate breakfast at 10. I baked myself a potato and a 4 oz sirloin with BBQ sauce on it; the sirloin came out “blackened” since it didn’t need to cook as long as the potato but it was edible. Marty made something in his instapot.

I think Marty had cabin fever so decided to go lift at his gym. He said drifts are bad along the edge of the roads where plows have gone. He had to dig out his gym.

I am working on my Christmas poem and then need to start getting my Christmas cards ready to send out. I ordered the last few gifts I needed to buy and only have to pick up gift cards for my employees. The countdown to Christmas is on. I need to get busy baking.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, i have to laugh. I started to post yesterday for you to quit giving me ice cream fever, but decided to delete that comment.
I give up! Ice cream rules! Keep up the good ice cream vibes with those delicious photos lol
I’m waiting for an eye specialist appointment end of this week and will probably need cataract surgery asap. My left eye has been a total blur for the past few months.

Rose gold tree for my dd, who will be here with her husband on the 21st. It’s so gloomy here! The tree lights make things cheerful. I may just leave it up year ‘round.
F3E166A3-0E75-4494-A05E-52778974C5A1.jpeg

JA: I did something unprecedented this year....I put the tree up before Dec.....it was SO snowy, gloomy and COLD on Wed, I popped the tree up and INSTANTLY felt better! I change the color settings on the lights depending on the time of day LOL

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I usually put the tree up on December 15th, so we are thInking alike this year. More cheer to us!
Marcy, good thing you Wyomians (?) have a sense of humor about the weather. You have incredible weather there!
I will probably only see my dd and her dh for a couple of hours on Christmas, and maybe do one other thing with them. But in France they are my neighbors so it’s OK to see them just a little for the holiday.
Here is Issy wearing a seat belt. I had something in the back seat, so she had to ride shotgun.She was so good, very serious about staying quite still all the way to town.
5653A4E0-D041-43E9-B4CB-39B6C2A1870D.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@junebug I forgot to mention one thing. I purchased 4mm because I wanted to see how they turn out first. If I like them I’ll go bigger.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday!

@junebug17 hope you are continuing a calm and happy Monday and also a calm holiday season and looking forward to your trip to SC. Stay warm and cozy Junie. I am keeping warm and cozy too. No cycling during the snow and rain for us. Nope. Got some shopping done online this AM. Got so much fun clothing from Modcloth. Reindeer leggings, dinosaur scarf, plus other fun things. Have a good day Junie and hugs.

@missy I’m not sure it takes a tough and strong person to live here; I am starting to question my intelligence for still living here. Oh well, not much I can do about it now. I was born here. I read your update in the RW thread. That is too bad your sister’s boss took over before your sister got there. I think he was trying to be nice to you and your sister and I am glad your sister checked Tommy and Oliver out too. Being checked by the best twice can’t hurt, right? Hoping the blood work has some answers and the new meds help Tommy. That is great Fred is interested in playing with toys. Six months; wow! RW go away. NOW!! Nice you got to go for a ride and enjoy some delicious ice cream. How cool Jimmy won the best ice cream award. Beautiful pictures from your trip.

Hi Marcy, you are very strong. For many reasons. I hear you about staying put. It's hard to move away from all we know and in my case from family. Yeah it was crazy that B took the cats back before I could protest. So they got examined twice but B was annoyed as was my sister. What an office politic situation. Tommy's blood work came back and he is double hyperthyroid compared to 18 weeks ago. Oh boy. Just hoping the meds help him. It's challenging getting those into him but nothing compared to RW challenges.

I slept in until 7 am. I mean, where was I going to go since the entire state is closed? I goofed off on my iPad and finally took a shower at about 9 then ate breakfast at 10. I baked myself a potato and a 4 oz sirloin with BBQ sauce on it; the sirloin came out “blackened” since it didn’t need to cook as long as the potato but it was edible. Marty made something in his instapot.

I think Marty had cabin fever so decided to go lift at his gym. He said drifts are bad along the edge of the roads where plows have gone. He had to dig out his gym.

I am working on my Christmas poem and then need to start getting my Christmas cards ready to send out. I ordered the last few gifts I needed to buy and only have to pick up gift cards for my employees. The countdown to Christmas is on. I need to get busy baking.

Sweet you slept til 7AM. Nice Marty got to lift. Boo to the snow. We are getting some now too. I cannot wait to get your poem. I love your Christmas poem. Countdown to Christmas is happening indeed. XOXO.

@canuk-gal I am happy that putting up your tree brought instant mood lift. Maybe we should rethink putting up our tree as I could use some happy cheer at the moment. (((Hugs))).

Gorgeous tree @Jimmianne. I am glad you are seeing your DD and her DH for the holidays even if for a brief time. As you say you are near them in France so you do get to see them often. Love that photo of Issy. Thank you for not being upset with my ice cream photos. I share with all of you because I wish you were here eating it with me. My treat! Oh no about your left eye and good luck with the eye specialist. Hopefully cataract surgery will clear you up quickly. It's a pretty straightforward surgery. Love that rose gold tree. So pretty. XO.

@Mamabean happy week to you. Hope all is going smoothly and you are doing well.

@Slick1 hi there girlfriend. Hope you get approval for the dental work soon and that Chase is continuing to rally and do well. Keeping good thoughts for it all. Hugs.

@Scandinavian how is your grandmother doing sweet girl? Thinking of you and all you and your family are going through and sending continued good vibes your way.

@Tekate please give Autie a big hug from me and Greg and the kitties and we are sending love and hugs your way. Hope all is going smoothly dear Kate the Great.

@bling_dream19 you must be getting so excited with your wedding coming up so quickly. Sending you so much love and so many good luck wishes for an amazing day and event. Hugs.

@Austina your trip is almost here. Hope all is going smoothly and sending you warm thoughts for an easy trip filled with fun times.

@AV_ how did the rest of your weekend go? How is your week shaping up? Thinking of you and sending hugs.

We had a good day yesterday despite the inclement nasty cold weather. We cleaned and disinfected the house (haha what else is new) and Greg shampooed Oliver, Tommy and Bobby. We went to Whole Foods and Costco and by the time we got home it was dinner time. Then we let Oliver out to introduce him to his siblings again and it didn't go so well. After a short while I brought him back upstairs to the bedroom. We will continue baby steps. Just praying RW is clear or we might be opening up a can of (Ring)worms (haha get it) by letting Oliver mingle again. But it's been 5 months of isolation and even more isolation before RW reared its ugly head so we have to start sometime. Just praying they are RW free. :pray: Please no vet call from the local vet for another 3 weeks.

Leaving you with a lovely yellow tree. Late Autumn is so beautiful. Leaves on the ground and trees changing and a beautiful crisp skyline with gorgeous clouds. Mother Nature can be breathtakingly beautiful.

yellowtree.png

Have a beautiful Monday girls and sending you warm hugs across the miles.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@av, I hope you are doing well and not working too hard. Have you been having some fun too?

This year I learned to take things easy, sure enough; 2019 will be fondly remembered for it! There were two days of near 20ºC, windless & rainless so there were walks in the hills over the weekend, & bread baking; my kind of fun.

NIRDI is That Big, ain't it not! & fast! - for obvious reasons. .)))

-

The weekend was very warm, around 20ºC in the early afternoon - just before another round of rains started last night. I do have a draft to deliver, but nothing as serious as last EOY; present to self, for sure. I intend to go out for the Holidays. I never do a tree, but there must be a visit to a nearby pine forest, bringing in some branches to display for good measure; then, almonds start flowering on the new year & their show is hard to beat! [digressing - bringing in branches of apple to flower for the new year was something done in my chieldhood home; here, the flowering season is starting & it feels more home than home]

Have a great week!

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
... I had sky high heels and was trying to navigate my way across a bridge! ...

He, eh... I might be trying to wear my heels in this mountain town, failing in hilareous ways & getting ever more stubborn about it.

Wishing good health to everyone in your house!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I usually put the tree up on December 15th, so we are thInking alike this year. More cheer to us!
Marcy, good thing you Wyomians (?) have a sense of humor about the weather. You have incredible weather there!
I will probably only see my dd and her dh for a couple of hours on Christmas, and maybe do one other thing with them. But in France they are my neighbors so it’s OK to see them just a little for the holiday.
Here is Issy wearing a seat belt. I had something in the back seat, so she had to ride shotgun.She was so good, very serious about staying quite still all the way to town.
5653A4E0-D041-43E9-B4CB-39B6C2A1870D.jpeg

I love Issy! She completely adorable! Totally melt my heart with those eyes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results