shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @Jimmianne welcome back and I am sorry you are dealing with home and health issues and I am sending bucketloads of healing dust and lots of hugs and love your way. Sorry for the quick fly by post...shampooing the kitties and just a quick break. Want to know I was and am thinking of you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @Jimmianne, is there anyway you can get in cleaners to get back on top of things whilst you’re recovering? Very disappointing that those entrusted with the care of your property have neglected it so badly. Hopefully once you start to feel better, you won’t feel so despondent. Take good care of yourself and get well soon.

So glad you got ‘the’ dress @bling_dream19 and that your vintage jewellery goes so well with it.

Hope shampooing the kitties goes well today @missy, without too much trauma for any of you. Do you have to stop yourself shouting ‘weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’ when going downhill :D? Thank goodness Greg is such a handyman, is there anything he can’t turn his hand to?

You really are on top of things @marcy getting your article and newsletter ready. Woohoo to Marty winning big :lol: I’m glad to hear that lifting is really helping you get stronger.

Another wet miserable day here, Colin went for a walk while I started cleaning the house. I think he’s overdone it because he’s not feeling too good ATM, so is lying down for a while. Hopefully when the painkillers kick in, he’ll feel better.

Just getting ready for Adam and Kim’s arrival tomorrow, so better get on.

Have a good day lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope shampooing the kitties goes well today @missy, without too much trauma for any of you. Do you have to stop yourself shouting ‘weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’ when going downhill :D? Thank goodness Greg is such a handyman, is there anything he can’t turn his hand to?

LOL you know me so well. I do yell weeeeeeee when going downhill. I told you. I am still a kid and Greg is the adult though he sure enjoys going downhill fast too. :bigsmile: Well, let's see how long the fix lasts. He fixed it a few weeks ago and so far so good. Knock wood. Fingers crossed. The kitties are shampooed (let Tommy off the hook but the other three got shampoos) and Fred is not pleased. But we have no choice. Trying to save his life. He is the slowest to show improvement but praying he is not still contagious. This is a long haul. I cannot believe it's been 3 months already.

Sorry the weather is not good and that Colin is not feeling well. Sending lots of healing dust his way and hoping he starts feeling much better soon. Enjoy Adam and Kim's visit. So happy for you they are coming and staying for a while.

Off for a (short?) bike ride. Will check back in later if I can. And @Jimmianne hang in there. It's dark now but things will improve. Can you hire someone really good to do a thorough cleaning and whatever else needs to be done? Hopefully the mold is easily taken care of. Wish I had something exciting bling wise to share to put a smile on your face. All I have is this.

(((Hugs)))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne, I am so sorry you've been dealing with health issues and I'm sending you lots of healing vibes. It's understandable you'd be feeling stressed and overwhelmed, especially since you're under the weather. Everything seems much worse when one isn't feeling well. Please try not to worry - everything is fixable! The house cleaning and gardening can be taken care of once you're feeling better - and you could hire someone to help you out with it all. And there are companies that can take care of the mold situation. I'm sorry you had to come home to these issues but it can all be taken care of. Just focus for now on getting better and taking care of yourself. Sending love and comfort to you XXX

I'll bbl to catch up with everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, tell Greg I had to work today too. Phooey. I was rather excited my knees didn’t get very sore on Saturday. They are a little tweaked today but not bad. PB cookies coming your way; I have a gluten free PB cookie recipe that is fabulous. They melt in your mouth. See below. I’ve found if I don’t get the monthly article in about 2 weeks before the beginning of the month they don’t run it on the first Sunday of the month so I try to get it sent about mid month. That’s great Greg got your dryer fixed; I think the newer models don’t last nearly as long as they used to - on any appliances. It was a pretty full moon last night; very orange when it was over the horizon. That looks like a very fun hill to go down - FAST. I bet 35 mph on your bike is quite a rush. Very cool and exciting. I hope shampoo day went okay. Great videos of your ring.

Jimmianne, it’s great to hear from you. I enjoy catching glimpses of your activities on FB. I am sorry to hear you had health issues that delayed your trip home. I hope you are feeling better soon. That is awful your house sitters didn’t take care of your house and yard. Very disappointing. Sounds like a major chore for you to clean everything up. I was going to suggest the same thing as Austina; maybe hire a cleaning service to get your house cleaned up. A cleaning service would probably know how to kill mold too. Taking care of 2 places is a chore; having them an ocean apart would be very challenging. Best wishes sorting things out. Definitely distract yourself with bling; you have many gorgeous things. Big hugs to you!

Austina, thanks; I am glad my knees seem slightly better with lifting. Darn for miserable weather. That is too bad Colin wasn’t feeling well after his walk; I hope he rested up the rest of the day. I bet you and Colin are excited for Adam and Kim’s visit.

Junebug, I hope you had a fabulous time at the wedding.

I had a busy day at work. I even stayed late 30 minutes. I made myself an egg, cheese and canadian bacon sandwich for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gluten free PB cookie recipe

1 c peanut butter
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg

mix together. Roll in to small balls about 1 tsp each. Roll in sugar, crisps cross with a fork and bake at 350 for 7 to 10 minutes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's Lime Sulfur Dip Tuesday.

@junebug17 you looked gorgeous at the wedding. Love that dress on you. Glad you had a wonderful time and congrats to the bride and groom. Have a wonderful time in SC. Hugs.

Missy, tell Greg I had to work today too. Phooey. I was rather excited my knees didn’t get very sore on Saturday. They are a little tweaked today but not bad. PB cookies coming your way; I have a gluten free PB cookie recipe that is fabulous. They melt in your mouth. See below. I’ve found if I don’t get the monthly article in about 2 weeks before the beginning of the month they don’t run it on the first Sunday of the month so I try to get it sent about mid month. That’s great Greg got your dryer fixed; I think the newer models don’t last nearly as long as they used to - on any appliances. It was a pretty full moon last night; very orange when it was over the horizon. That looks like a very fun hill to go down - FAST. I bet 35 mph on your bike is quite a rush. Very cool and exciting. I hope shampoo day went okay. Great videos of your ring.

Hi Marcy, thanks for the PB recipe. Phooey. I cannot have eggs. But will figure out a way to tweak the recipe and make it work for me. Thank you! And double phooey having to go back to work yesterday. Hope it was a good day for you and that today is a good day too. Greg took it apart and replaced a part on the dryer after watching so videos. So far so good. It is pretty old but not old enough to say it was well made lol. Thanks for the ring compliments. That was video I took the first week I got it and I just re shared for @Jimmianne to try cheering her up. 35 mph on the bike is quite the rush.

Hope you don't have to stay late today Marcy and that work goes smoothly. Thanks for the good wishes for the kitties. XO.

@Austina hope Colin is feeling better today and safe travels to Adam and Kim. Enjoy their visit! XO.

@AV_ how is your week progressing? Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope all is going smoothly. It's another beautiful day here but rain is heading our way tomorrow though the rest of the week besides tomorrow looks decent. Hope all is well by you and that you are feeling 100% better. XO

@Slick1 good morning. Hope you are enjoying a lovely week. XO

@Scandinavian sending more dust your mom's way. And hugs to you.

@canuk-gal happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are having a good visit with family and enjoying yummy food. And drink of course. Champagnelicious. Hugs.

@Jimmianne thinking of you and sending love and hugs your way.

We had a good ride yesterday. The weather was amazing. Really amazing. 70s and sunny and low wind. A delightful day. We cycled a bit over 50 miles and enjoyed Jimmy's ice cream. I had almond coffee and peach. YUMMMMMMM. Greg had almond coffee. So good.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 4.56.46 AM.png

Pantascopic shot....ooh @Mamabean can you find Greg and the bike? LOL it's too easy now I know but I will always think of you whenever I take pnatascopic photos. :)

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 4.57.15 AM.png

and look at the water and beach. Amazing. @bling_dream19 if you cannot be here I will bring the beach to you...

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 4.57.54 AM.png

Have a lovely day girls. XO.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!
Thank you so much your continued well wishes and for thinking of me. I do not deserve you. I'm going with my mother to Danmark tomorrow for her - first of two - surgery. I'll try to stop by more. I miss you. I'm okay, just exhausted.
I'm really sorry life can be so hard and unfair. And I'm really sorry about Dottie.
Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!
Thank you so much your continued well wishes and for thinking of me. I do not deserve you. I'm going with my mother to Danmark tomorrow for her - first of two - surgery. I'll try to stop by more. I miss you. I'm okay, just exhausted.
I'm really sorry life can be so hard and unfair. And I'm really sorry about Dottie.
Hugs.

Dear Scandi, sending your mom bucketloads of healing dust and good luck for the surgery. And gentle hugs to you. Keeping good thoughts for all of you. XOXO.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, I am so sorry about Dottie. I’m sorry not to say so sooner, but could not bear to even talk about it. (My Mr.Monet died three weeks before I got home, but he was 17). I am so sorry for your loss.

Scandi, hoping all goes well for your Mom. You are a good daughter and I am certain it is a great comfort to your Mom to have you there.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. And Missy, thank you for the bling vids!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, wow, you and Greg have certainly racked up a lot of miles this cycling season, congrats! That's a lot of water on the roads, yikes. I read in the RW thread that Fred likes his arthritis medicine and am happy about that. I hope it helps him. I'm continuing to think of you, Greg, and the kitties and hoping that this awful rw is over soon. And I hope they do ok today with their baths. XOXOX. Your ice cream choices look so yummy! Love ice cream and I love that large size too LOL. Aw, thank you for the nice compliment; we had a good time at the wedding. Love your downhill pic and pics of the ocean, gorgeous scenery :love:

@Jimmianne, I hope you're feeling better. I'm so sorry about Mr. Monet. So hard to lose a fur baby. <3

@canuk-gal, hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving celebration with your family. Thanks for the rec and I will definitely check Pomellato out.

@Scandinavian, thinking of you and your mother, and wishing her a smooth and successful surgery. Take care and rest when you can. XOX

@Slick1, I'm so glad you had a wonderful wedding weekend. You deserve it after all you've been through. Love the pic of you and your ds; you look absolutely beautiful!

@marcy, wow, you have been having some crazy weather. It seems so early for ice and snow but I know winter comes early in Wyoming. We're beening spoiled here in central NJ with mild weather but it's just a matter of time LOL. Great news about Marty being able to cover the bills at the gym; happy for him (and you haha). It's discouraging that things need to repaired so often, isnt' it?...we just had to replace the coils in our furnace in NJ and it's not that old. Better than having to get a new one I guess. Good to read that your knees are doing pretty well. Very pretty pic of the moon rising.

@bling_dream19, such a cute story about your mom and lol, so sweet. It's so exciting that you found a dress and feel fabulous in it! I personally think it's great you went by yourself...you can make up your own mind and shop in peace. I get stressed when I clothes shop with someone. Your jewelry choices sound perfect; you are going to look amazing. I'm sorry the pink band didn't work out but there are other companies out there and I'm sure you can find a replacement.

@jaaron, I understand your feelings but your puppy will have his own unique personality so I think you will lose that feeling that it seems like you're trying to replace him once you have him. I'm sure it will lift your spirits to have a new fur baby to love. Oh no to losing an earring...but I love what you've been wearing, so pretty. :kiss2:

@Austina, I'm sorry Colin is still sore and feeling a bit under the weather and I hope he improves with each passing day. So great that Adam and Kim are coming...it will be a good distraction for you and Colin and just being around other people can one cheer one up a little. It's been a rough few weeks for you. (((Hugs)))

@AV_, less chocolate in the pantry...I know how that goes! LOVE dark chocolate...and coffee. We have a lot in common lol! Sounds like you are having a break in your work schedule and I hope you are enjoying the down time while it lasts. <3

The wedding was lovely and we had a great time. My niece looked beautiful. Nice to get together with people we haven't seen in a while. I'm leaving for South Carolina tomorrow so I'm going to spend today packing and cleaning.

Sending support and good thoughts to all the nirdis XOXOX

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am sure you can find a substitute for an egg in those cookies. They are really good. I totally get the thrill of going fast; of course on your bike must be really exciting. Love your photos and mmm to peach ice cream.

Scandi, thinking of you and your mom. Good luck with her surgery. Big hugs to you.

Jimmianne, I am so sorry about Mr. Monet. Hugs to you; that is so sad.

Junebug, that’s nice you are enjoying great weather. We are going to be 75 tomorrow but snow might come back by Monday. Agreed replacing the coils in the furnace is probably less expensive than a new one, but still. We’ve had our furnace repaired twice since we moved in here. I am so glad you had a lovely time at the wedding. Have a fun and safe trip to SC.

BTW, I shouldn’t have bragged so much about my knees; they are not happy today but still overall better than a few months ago.

Not much exciting going on here. I had soup and crackers for supper. I had visions of another grilled cheese sandwich of toast with PB on it but Marty had inhaled everything but 2 small heels in our loaf of bread. We’ve bought 2 of the Sara Lee artisan loafs now and go through them quickly. They are good and we never have bread.

I’m kind of sad one of the little diamonds fell out of the little heart pendant that belonged to my mom. I had it put on a gold chain for a bracelet and wear it quite a bit. I guess I’ll have the prongs checked and have them replace the little diamond. I enjoy having it to wear so I to just put it up or have it taken off the bracelet.

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, I have been reading but lost in my head. I appreciate everyone's excitement over my dress. It really means a lot. Missy, I LOVE your beach photos, there is just something about the morning. Youve given me such kind words. You are such a dear. You are responsible for so much good. I hope you are well and your kitties are getting better hugs.
Junebug thank you for your endless kind words. Shopping on my own was wonderful. It has given me the confidence to make other decisions and plan things. I hope you are well and having a great week!
Thank you for your excitement austina and saying yes to the dress. I hope your dh is recovering speedily and I know you are still grieving so sending you hugs.
Jimmianne hello and I'm so sorry you're going through what you're going through. Focus on you and i hope you feel better soon.
Marcy, I'm so sorry to hear about a diamond missing on your mom's pendant. That is sad. I'm sure a jeweler can put a beautiful diamond in there if you'd like. I'm glad your husbands gym is making money and your knee is feeling better. You are giving inspiration for strength training.
Love and sparkles to all.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just thought id have a nose in here to see what this thread is all about ????
there are pictures of NJ in here !
:kiss2:
missy you have had a rough 2 years worth :cry2:
please make life get eaiser !
i plan to browse this thread when i have insomnia (starting tonight)
meanwhile best wishes and healing thoughts to all

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies. It's (we hope) Wonderful Wednesday despite being a very stormy day predicted at the shore.

@junebug17 I am so glad you enjoyed your niece's wedding and that everyone looked beautiful and had a great time. Always heartwarming to celebrate happy events with loved ones. That is what life is about. Love and connections and all that good stuff. The other stuff is just noise and allows us to contrast and appreciate the wonderful. Sending you hugs and safe travel dust and may you enjoy a lovely visit in SC.

@bling_dream19 you are so lovely and upbeat and kind and it is easy to give the same back to you. We are all so happy you are thrilled with your wedding dress and I cannot wait to hear more about your plans. Did you set a date yet? It's quite possible I missed that as this thread is moving fast. Thank you for enjoying my photos. I really enjoy sharing with you girls. No beach photos today sadly as it is supposed to be stormy and rainy but that is OK. It has been a great weather run for sure.

@marcy oh no I am so sorry you are missing a diamond from your mom's pendant. And also about your knee. Ugh. I am sending you so much healing dust and may your pesky knee start feeling much better soon. If not I think you and Greg should have a double room at HSS and get knee replacement surgery in January...I would take care of you both. You are making me hungry for bread you rascal you lol. And grilled cheese. Yummmmm. Though I am not sure what I think of grilled cheese with PB. Let me think about that.:think:

@Slick happy hump day. Hope you are having a good week.

@Jimmianne I am here for you anytime. Offline or on. I know things will work out. Sending you hugs.

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying mild weather and having a wonderful week with loved ones enjoying delicious food.

@Mamabean thinking of you and hoping all is well.

@Scandinavian continued healing dust being sent to your mom and hugs to you both.

@Austina I hope you are having a great time with Adam and Kim and that Colin is feeling much better.

@AV_ how is your week going? Hope things are progressing smoothly and that you are enjoying a lovely week.

@Daisys and Diamonds welcome to NIRDIs. Glad you found us and don't feel obligated to read the whole thread. It's super long and I am sure super boring. LOL. Yes it's been a challenging few years but hey they make us tough in Brooklyn and the Jersey Shore.
arniesmile.gif

Please share anything you want to here. This is a thread for everyone. This thread is for sharing and caring and celebrating the joy and venting the not so joyous all that jazz. You know that saying? “Shared joy is double joy; Shared sorrow is half a sorrow. That's what I believe anyway. Sending you hugs from the Jersey Shore. And yes I post lots of Jersey shore photos.8-)

Here's the Jersey Shore ice cream we enjoyed yesterday during our bike ride. Mine is vegan (almond coffee) and Greg got PB Monster. Yummm is an understatement.

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 4.57.37 AM.png

and it was another perfect day at the Jersey shore yesterday. @Daisys and Diamonds here you go.
The Jersey shore in Autumn. Glistening sea and beautiful sandy beaches.

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 4.59.24 AM.png

L-S dip went OK I guess. But I am frustrated with the vet's office. The head vet is on vacation but the other vet was supposed to call us with answers to an important question and nothing. I am disappointed with this office and also they are nickeling and diming us to death but that's something I have no energy to deal with and just want our cats to get better. Really tired of the whole affair and I wish I could tell the vet what I think of her and her office. But I have to suck it up because the welfare of our cats comes first.

No cycling today and not sure we have any cycling days left this year but I hope we do. Fed the cats and then gave them their meds this AM and we are having breakfast. Soon off to clean and because it is a rainy day after Greg works (he's working from home again due to torrential rains predicted here and the ferry is no fun to take in torrential rains) we are going to run some errands time permitting.

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. XO

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you so much missy
i just checked some weather in NJ
the temperatures are very simular to ours right now, it does look like a rainy day, take care out there
and to all have a most pleasent Wednesday, it will be Thursday here soon so im off to bed

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I’m so sorry for your loss.
Missy, some day soon the cats will be well and you can give them a good earful;-)
Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you so much missy
i just checked some weather in NJ
the temperatures are very simular to ours right now, it does look like a rainy day, take care out there
and to all have a most pleasent Wednesday, it will be Thursday here soon so im off to bed

Sweet dreams @Daisys and Diamonds
:sleep:

Jimmianne, I’m so sorry for your loss.
Missy, some day soon the cats will be well and you can give them a good earful;-)
Hugs!

@Scandinavian (((hugs))).

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just evacuated myself to my hotel in Copenhagen. Lol. Enough hospital and sick people for me today. Now a little food and wine. And soon a bright new day. Surgery for my mother tomorrow. So I plan to start the day at the hotel spa, she is scheduled first tomorrow so no point trying to get there before that. Oh well. Silver linings. Lol. Got to be practical. Thank you for listening and for caring!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you @Jimmianne, I’m so sorry about Mr Monet, he was a grand old age, and lucky to have had so many years with you. I hope you’re feeling better with each passing day.

Sending lots of good positive healing vibes to your Mum for tomorrow @Scandanavian, hoping for the best possible outcome for her surgery. Good idea to have some pampering while your waiting for her surgery to be done. Thank you for thinking about me when you have so much going on yourself, it’s been a horrible shock losing our beautiful Dottie. XXX

Hello @Daisys and Diamonds, welcome to NIRDI world.

Oh @marcy, I’m so sorry you’ve lost a diamond from your heart pendant, you must be so upset. Perhaps you can get it replaced so you can still enjoy wearing it. What a bummer your knees have been protesting, perhaps a little lay off the lifting will help. Hope you’ve had a good day at work without any aggravation from the crèche.

I’m so glad the wedding went well @junebug17, we’ve got our friend’s daughter’s wedding on Friday. I must admit, I haven’t really given much thought to what I’ll wear, I’ll have to sort that out tomorrow, as we’ll be leaving early Friday to get there. Have a safe trip to SC tomorrow, and enjoy your time there.

Thanks @bling_dream19, Colin is feeling quite a lot better today. We do miss our sweet girl so much, I think we always will. I’m glad finding your dress has given you the confidence to be able to tackle other things.

I’m so glad the lime dips went as well as they could’ve yesterday @missy, but oy to the vets not getting back to you. We were very fortunate that the vet we used communicated with us when they said, and didn’t try to persuade us to put Dottie through anything unnecessary. It’s comforting to know that she had her best interests at heart, and not offer false hope. I hope your weather hasn’t been too awful today, and you managed to get your errands done. Hope the kitties are doing well today and not too traumatised by yesterday’s treatment.

Hope your week is going well @AV_

Adam and Kim arrived safely yesterday and we enjoyed spending the day with them. They’ve gone to visit his friends today, staying there until Friday morning when they fly to Dubrovnik for the conference. Colin is doing a lot better today, feeling less uncomfortable and has cut back on the painkillers. I’ve been for a much needed cut and colour, my hair had grown wild in just a few short weeks :eek-2: I’ve had some foils put in the front and a couple couple of inches chopped off.

Been a very mixed day weather wise here, raining then sunny, then raining!

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just evacuated myself to my hotel in Copenhagen. Lol. Enough hospital and sick people for me today. Now a little food and wine. And soon a bright new day. Surgery for my mother tomorrow. So I plan to start the day at the hotel spa, she is scheduled first tomorrow so no point trying to get there before that. Oh well. Silver linings. Lol. Got to be practical. Thank you for listening and for caring!

I am glad you are giving yourself a break @Scandinavian; this is very emotionally draining and it's good to recharge and rest a little. I will be thinking of your mother tomorrow and hoping all goes well. Sending love and strength to you XOXOX

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian , my heart goes to you, thoroughly in awe with your art of taking the bad in life with the good.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian , my heart goes to you, thoroughly in awe with your art of taking the bad in life with the good.
My friends help me. They are truly amazing. I don’t deserve them, but are very grateful. You all included. Your kind words are a great comfort to me. One of my best friends even asked if I would like her to take these days off from work and come with us. I declined but it warmed my heart. Another friend is babysitting the dogs to make life a little easier for my husband. Angels all around. They make it easier to believe in the good forces that surely must fight the dark.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, here we say that hunting dogs go to the eternal hunting grounds. I think there might be some comfort in that. Because one way or another, I do believe that is kind of true. <3

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Austina I was so sorry to read about Dottie. Her passing must leave such a big hole in your heart.

Hi to all the NIRDI's!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Days must be getting ever shorter - the nr of hours, not just daylight hours! I will catch up...

I am in an eye of a storm with work & all else, I've lost track.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! So lovely to see old friends...JA, Rainwood and Scandi.

@Jimmianne I am very sorry for your current illness and house issues. Truely a bummer . I hope you are able to get some help soon.

@Scandinavian how I love Copenhagen. I hope your Mother comes through her surgery with flying colors. Healing vibes across the miles.....

I don't work this week as much as originally scheduled...no worries there. Today turned out to be warm so we took a pleasant ride...not far but leisurely. I needed the stress relief as my garburator broke and I had gunk back up into my DW. Yuk.

My DH is in semi retirement and truth be told I am havning a diffciult time with him being home. He doesn't do much and it is more than I bargained for. Will take some getting used to.

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Spa day is great idea! Prayers for safe healing surgery for your mom and hugs to you.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy, wow, you and Greg have certainly racked up a lot of miles this cycling season, congrats! That's a lot of water on the roads, yikes. I read in the RW thread that Fred likes his arthritis medicine and am happy about that. I hope it helps him. I'm continuing to think of you, Greg, and the kitties and hoping that this awful rw is over soon. And I hope they do ok today with their baths. XOXOX. Your ice cream choices look so yummy! Love ice cream and I love that large size too LOL. Aw, thank you for the nice compliment; we had a good time at the wedding. Love your downhill pic and pics of the ocean, gorgeous scenery :love:

@Jimmianne, I hope you're feeling better. I'm so sorry about Mr. Monet. So hard to lose a fur baby. <3

@canuk-gal, hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving celebration with your family. Thanks for the rec and I will definitely check Pomellato out.

@Scandinavian, thinking of you and your mother, and wishing her a smooth and successful surgery. Take care and rest when you can. XOX

@Slick1, I'm so glad you had a wonderful wedding weekend. You deserve it after all you've been through. Love the pic of you and your ds; you look absolutely beautiful!

@marcy, wow, you have been having some crazy weather. It seems so early for ice and snow but I know winter comes early in Wyoming. We're beening spoiled here in central NJ with mild weather but it's just a matter of time LOL. Great news about Marty being able to cover the bills at the gym; happy for him (and you haha). It's discouraging that things need to repaired so often, isnt' it?...we just had to replace the coils in our furnace in NJ and it's not that old. Better than having to get a new one I guess. Good to read that your knees are doing pretty well. Very pretty pic of the moon rising.

@bling_dream19, such a cute story about your mom and lol, so sweet. It's so exciting that you found a dress and feel fabulous in it! I personally think it's great you went by yourself...you can make up your own mind and shop in peace. I get stressed when I clothes shop with someone. Your jewelry choices sound perfect; you are going to look amazing. I'm sorry the pink band didn't work out but there are other companies out there and I'm sure you can find a replacement.

@jaaron, I understand your feelings but your puppy will have his own unique personality so I think you will lose that feeling that it seems like you're trying to replace him once you have him. I'm sure it will lift your spirits to have a new fur baby to love. Oh no to losing an earring...but I love what you've been wearing, so pretty. :kiss2:

@Austina, I'm sorry Colin is still sore and feeling a bit under the weather and I hope he improves with each passing day. So great that Adam and Kim are coming...it will be a good distraction for you and Colin and just being around other people can one cheer one up a little. It's been a rough few weeks for you. (((Hugs)))

@AV_, less chocolate in the pantry...I know how that goes! LOVE dark chocolate...and coffee. We have a lot in common lol! Sounds like you are having a break in your work schedule and I hope you are enjoying the down time while it lasts. <3

The wedding was lovely and we had a great time. My niece looked beautiful. Nice to get together with people we haven't seen in a while. I'm leaving for South Carolina tomorrow so I'm going to spend today packing and cleaning.

Sending support and good thoughts to all the nirdis XOXOX

Thanks @junebug17 you are very encouraging! I'm going to send the pink band back and they are going to remake it so we will see how it goes. Hope you're having a great week!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Good morning lovely ladies. It's (we hope) Wonderful Wednesday despite being a very stormy day predicted at the shore.

@junebug17 I am so glad you enjoyed your niece's wedding and that everyone looked beautiful and had a great time. Always heartwarming to celebrate happy events with loved ones. That is what life is about. Love and connections and all that good stuff. The other stuff is just noise and allows us to contrast and appreciate the wonderful. Sending you hugs and safe travel dust and may you enjoy a lovely visit in SC.

@bling_dream19 you are so lovely and upbeat and kind and it is easy to give the same back to you. We are all so happy you are thrilled with your wedding dress and I cannot wait to hear more about your plans. Did you set a date yet? It's quite possible I missed that as this thread is moving fast. Thank you for enjoying my photos. I really enjoy sharing with you girls. No beach photos today sadly as it is supposed to be stormy and rainy but that is OK. It has been a great weather run for sure.

@marcy oh no I am so sorry you are missing a diamond from your mom's pendant. And also about your knee. Ugh. I am sending you so much healing dust and may your pesky knee start feeling much better soon. If not I think you and Greg should have a double room at HSS and get knee replacement surgery in January...I would take care of you both. You are making me hungry for bread you rascal you lol. And grilled cheese. Yummmmm. Though I am not sure what I think of grilled cheese with PB. Let me think about that.:think:

@Slick happy hump day. Hope you are having a good week.

@Jimmianne I am here for you anytime. Offline or on. I know things will work out. Sending you hugs.

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying mild weather and having a wonderful week with loved ones enjoying delicious food.

@Mamabean thinking of you and hoping all is well.

@Scandinavian continued healing dust being sent to your mom and hugs to you both.

@Austina I hope you are having a great time with Adam and Kim and that Colin is feeling much better.

@AV_ how is your week going? Hope things are progressing smoothly and that you are enjoying a lovely week.

@Daisys and Diamonds welcome to NIRDIs. Glad you found us and don't feel obligated to read the whole thread. It's super long and I am sure super boring. LOL. Yes it's been a challenging few years but hey they make us tough in Brooklyn and the Jersey Shore.
arniesmile.gif

Please share anything you want to here. This is a thread for everyone. This thread is for sharing and caring and celebrating the joy and venting the not so joyous all that jazz. You know that saying? “Shared joy is double joy; Shared sorrow is half a sorrow. That's what I believe anyway. Sending you hugs from the Jersey Shore. And yes I post lots of Jersey shore photos.8-)

Here's the Jersey Shore ice cream we enjoyed yesterday during our bike ride. Mine is vegan (almond coffee) and Greg got PB Monster. Yummm is an understatement.

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 4.57.37 AM.png

and it was another perfect day at the Jersey shore yesterday. @Daisys and Diamonds here you go.
The Jersey shore in Autumn. Glistening sea and beautiful sandy beaches.

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 4.59.24 AM.png

L-S dip went OK I guess. But I am frustrated with the vet's office. The head vet is on vacation but the other vet was supposed to call us with answers to an important question and nothing. I am disappointed with this office and also they are nickeling and diming us to death but that's something I have no energy to deal with and just want our cats to get better. Really tired of the whole affair and I wish I could tell the vet what I think of her and her office. But I have to suck it up because the welfare of our cats comes first.

No cycling today and not sure we have any cycling days left this year but I hope we do. Fed the cats and then gave them their meds this AM and we are having breakfast. Soon off to clean and because it is a rainy day after Greg works (he's working from home again due to torrential rains predicted here and the ferry is no fun to take in torrential rains) we are going to run some errands time permitting.

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. XO

@missy Thank you as always for your honest and upbeat posts. And theres just something about Jersey making a person strong! Must be in that shore water @Daisys and Diamonds ! Hope you had a great day running errands and hopefully resting. No date set yet. We both plan to talk to family members and really see who will come to a wedding and travel and I think that will help us come to a decision of when and where and who. I ordered a faux fir white winter wrap and I'm soo excited! I'm going for glam people! Off to choir:geek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results