shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Change in plans today. It is a gorgeous bright beautiful day despite the high winds and we braved them and had a great cycling day. I will be back tomorrow to respond to everyone and share more about our day but just a quick photo. I promised @bling_dream19
I took a video for you too but haven't yet dowloaded it.

In the AM
beachwavesoctoberday2019.png

In the afternoon after yummy ice cream. Yummmm.
missyandgregoctobercycling2019.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a lovely afternoon. XO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Had a BRISK ride today--lordy my nose was running! (sorry TMI....hheeehhhee) This might be the last ride of the season...we'll see. Bright blue sky and no clouds. Gorgeous but quite cool.

Work was busy this week and I am tired. Looking forward to TG with my family. The travel should be OK and dry--no snow in the forecast neither at our destination. My sister is a gracious and generous host.

@missy your food looked divine. I love scallops. Schnitzel, red cabbage and spätzle my fav. I make if when I have time and energy. Of course the martinis are also my fav...honestly diet be dammed; have a drink. Or 6. LOL

For anyone thinking of colored stone earrings/drops, I highly recommend Pomellato. They tend to be on the higer price, but such gorgeous earrings. The prehnite earrings I have from them are luscious. Frequently Oakgem has them, new, discounted.

Shout out to the NIRDI beauties, one and all.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omgoodness NIRDIs! Thank you so much for the wedding good wishes. It’s been a whirlwind. Last weekend was the best weekend in a very very long time. It was beautiful and an absolute blast.
I am going to try to catch up with all of your going’s on, but please forgive me for being remiss here. I went straight back to work on Monday and well...it’s been a week.
I’ll leave you with my love and ((Hugs)) and my fave picture of my DS and I.

Attachments

• 16E534C5-02A6-4CFD-81BD-82123A1E44C2.jpeg
    16E534C5-02A6-4CFD-81BD-82123A1E44C2.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 98

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Bling Dream, you have been busy. I hope your cold goes away quickly. Do you enjoy planing your wedding? That’s good you have the important things planned already. Yes, all of us on PS will share your excitement in jewelry. Glad you are enjoying some delicious tea.

Callie, we did get snow and cold; but nothing like Sharon has had up north of me. I bet this cold is headed your way. Stay warm.

Missy, thank you for the kind words. It means a lot of me. Glad you’ve had your fireplace going to help keep you warm. I might crank mine on here shortly. Sounds like a great idea. Thanks! Glad you did get to ride today; beautiful pictures! Nice to get in to the dentist at a good time. I hate to hear about your gums bleeding; hopefully it is just not having your teeth cleaned at 6 months. Greg’s birthday dinner and drinks look delicious. Oliver is sure growing and is still a cutie.

Austina, that is good to hear Colin is doing well and hope he gets over being achy quickly. I am used to crazy weather and temperature changes; now as for liking them that’s a different story. Now that my parents are gone I am kind of surprised we still live here. We just had our house built at about that time though. How cute the cat comes by for a visit; I am sure she missed Dottie too. This week has gone fast.

AV, nice that all of the break-neck work is done. Enjoy that ice cream.

Junebug, have a nice time at the wedding this wedding. I did see on the national news a big storm building over the ocean in the NE - that could have been what caused you and Missy to have sinus headaches. It’s amazing how much the weather can mess with our bones and head. Good idea on the drops for earrings; the pair you posted look great. I am doing better thanks. NN did miss a few steps today but overall has been pleasant at least. She came to work in a sling; she has a pinched nerve in her shoulder.

Sharon, have a safe trip for Thanksgiving and enjoy both family and feast. We had our first snow but it was only a few inches; nothing like you’ve had already.

Slick1, I am glad you had a fabulous weekend and time at the wedding. Love the picture of you and DH dancing. You look beautiful in your dress.

We had thunder, lightning, rain, hail, sleet then snow all before going to be last night. We had about 2” of snow on the patio; with the wind it’s hard to tell how much snow we actually had. With plummeting temperatures though the streets were an ice skating rink this morning; Marty took me to work and picked me up.

Take care. Happy Friday tomorrow.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Change in plans today. It is a gorgeous bright beautiful day despite the high winds and we braved them and had a great cycling day. I will be back tomorrow to respond to everyone and share more about our day but just a quick photo. I promised @bling_dream19
I took a video for you too but haven't yet dowloaded it.

In the AM
beachwavesoctoberday2019.png

In the afternoon after yummy ice cream. Yummmm.
missyandgregoctobercycling2019.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a lovely afternoon. XO.

YES!!! I love it! The waves are gorgeous what a treat! Soo happy you got to enjoy the ocean and a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing hugs to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! It's FriYay. LOL I used to hate that word but it grew on me. Happy Friday everyone. One more day to Caturday Saturday.

@missy, how crazy that we had sinus headaches on the same day! I wonder if maybe the weather has something to do with it? Anyway I'm glad we're both over them!

Hi Junie, yes so glad we are over the sinus headaches and I do think it is weather related. I think whenever the barometric pressure drops dramatically sinus issues can be exacerbated.

I had another idea on these dangles - buy a pair that are already on hooks and remove them and use them on the hoops. I searched "genuine gemstone drop earrings" on etsy and a bunch came up. It's easy to take them off the hooks. This way the stones match well. Here's an example. I might order these, although they're a bit big.

These are so pretty. That color. LOVE. If it isn't too heavy/big for you I think these would look great on hoops.

I think pages are loading a little faster now?

I agree, I think they are a bit faster but not sure it's consistent. I hope so because I was starting to not post with how long it was taking to load. I was getting very impatient lol. So hope it continues being quicker.

Hope you got everything packed that you need Junie and have a wonderful time at the wedding and a wonderful vacation in SC. XOXO.

I have no real plans until Saturday @missy - the pantry is stocked, icecream keeps flowing & most of my life is on paper anyway [I can't draft anything on LaTex! - it 'flows' like medieval caligraphy, twenty leetrs / hour]. I am seriously craving some tagliatelle with rosemary which it is just starting to bloom - it will be best toward mid December, but, no real reason to wait that long.

I love it when the pantry is stocked well and ice cream keeps flowing haha. I do not keep ice cream in our house however. Too much of a temptation. Cycling and ice cream go well together. Sitting in the house eating lots of it not so much. Yummm to tagliatelle with rosemary. Sounds very delicious. I wouldn't be able to wait 2 months either if it was right there waiting for me to take. Have a lovely day and sending you (((hugs))).

I think I’ve mentioned in the past that we often got a little visitor, a very pretty Birman cat? She would come right up to the bi-fold door and put her little paws on the step and stand there looking in. Dottie would be on her bed, head resting on the bolster and they’d be nose to nose through the glass. We haven’t seen her for a few weeks, but today, she appeared in the garden and came up to the door. She put her paws on the step and stood for a long while looking in. I’m sure she was looking for Dottie because her head was going from side to side wondering where she was. I know she couldn’t hear me, but I told her Dottie was gone and she looked straight at me, then slowly walked away. It’ll be interesting to see if she comes again. 2 weeks today since our beautiful girl left us :cry:

I got chills reading this Austina. I hope she visits again. I cannot believe it's been 2 weeks already. (((Hugs))). I think of Dottie every day and I think of you guys every day too. Sending Colin continued healing vibes and hoping he is less achy today and that he is doing well. Sending love to you across the miles. So glad Adam might be able to spend more time with you when he visits.

@Slick1 so happy the wedding was a huge success and a joyous celebration and love your photos. Please no worries about posting and replying. We know you are super busy and back at work life is demanding plus all that has been going on in addition. Of course love when you do post and we are here for you always. XOXO

Had a BRISK ride today--lordy my nose was running! (sorry TMI....hheeehhhee) This might be the last ride of the season...we'll see. Bright blue sky and no clouds. Gorgeous but quite cool.

@missy your food looked divine. I love scallops. Schnitzel, red cabbage and spätzle my fav. I make if when I have time and energy. Of course the martinis are also my fav...honestly diet be dammed; have a drink. Or 6. LOL

For anyone thinking of colored stone earrings/drops, I highly recommend Pomellato. They tend to be on the higer price, but such gorgeous earrings. The prehnite earrings I have from them are luscious. Frequently Oakgem has them, new, discounted.

Glad you enjoyed a good ride yesterday and my nose was running too during our similarly brisk ride. LOL Greg said during our first date (outdoors in Central Park in November) my nose was pink from the cold and he thought it was adorable. Well this nose still gets pink from the cold and yes it runs too when the temps drop and I am outside. TMI? I know I can share here. :cheeky:

Thank you Sharon, Greg enjoyed the Schnitzel and red cabbage and spätzle very much. So much in fact we might be heading back there soon. They have their Oktoberfest specials going on through December so that gives us time to go back and enjoy. And I love scallops and that works for me as they are low in mercury and I can only eat shellfish and fish low in mercury. No more Bluefish or Sea Bass for me sadly but fortunately lots of other delicious choices.

Thanks for the earring rec. I am going to check out Pomellato. Your taste is exquisite and if you recommend something I pay attention. Safe travels and once again a very happy Thanksgiving! XOXO.

We had thunder, lightning, rain, hail, sleet then snow all before going to be last night. We had about 2” of snow on the patio; with the wind it’s hard to tell how much snow we actually had. With plummeting temperatures though the streets were an ice skating rink this morning; Marty took me to work and picked me up.

Wow I saw that and I do not enjoy hail. You might remember Greg and I got caught in a hail storm years ago when we were cycling and it was not fun. Stay safe please marcy and stay warm too. I am glad Marty took you to work and picked you up. He's a good dh. Glad you are feeling better and that NN was on good behavior yesterday. Sending you warm hugs across the distance and yes woohoo, tomorrow is Friday. Are you off from work Columbus Day this Monday?

YES!!! I love it! The waves are gorgeous what a treat! Soo happy you got to enjoy the ocean and a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing hugs to you.

Thank you sweet @bling_dream19 and hugs to you too. How are you feeling? I hope you are all better. The weekend weather is looking to be better than originally predicted. And Monday looks like a gorgeous day too. Columbus Day. I will share another few photos with you and I am sure your FI took better photos than I could while cycling. How is the rest of your week shaping up? It's almost the weekend woohoo.

We enjoyed a brisk and fun ride yesterday. And also got to have some...wait for it...Ice Cream. Haha big surprise I know.

icecreamatcookmancreamery.png

In fact while sitting in the sun I got to take off all my layers but two so it was pretty sweet. I was quite bundled up and today is going to be much cooler so not sure what other clothes I can add. I had all my layers on yesterday. LOL.

Here is a photo from yesterday wearing all 5 layers plus my heavy red jacket. Greg says I have the body temp of a reptile. Cold when it is cold and hot when it is hot. Something like that. He isn't wrong. :lol:

missyandgregasburycycling.png

Hoping we can ride today despite the really high (maybe higher than yesterday's?) winds and the colder temps. Yesterday was a bonus as we didn't think we would be able to ride but then the forecast changed. Today hoping for the same and then I might be able to come back with a new record...

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies. Sending you hugs and good thoughts.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

Bling Dream, you have been busy. I hope your cold goes away quickly. Do you enjoy planing your wedding? That’s good you have the important things planned already. Yes, all of us on PS will share your excitement in jewelry. Glad you are enjoying some delicious tea.

Callie, we did get snow and cold; but nothing like Sharon has had up north of me. I bet this cold is headed your way. Stay warm.

Missy, thank you for the kind words. It means a lot of me. Glad you’ve had your fireplace going to help keep you warm. I might crank mine on here shortly. Sounds like a great idea. Thanks! Glad you did get to ride today; beautiful pictures! Nice to get in to the dentist at a good time. I hate to hear about your gums bleeding; hopefully it is just not having your teeth cleaned at 6 months. Greg’s birthday dinner and drinks look delicious. Oliver is sure growing and is still a cutie.

Austina, that is good to hear Colin is doing well and hope he gets over being achy quickly. I am used to crazy weather and temperature changes; now as for liking them that’s a different story. Now that my parents are gone I am kind of surprised we still live here. We just had our house built at about that time though. How cute the cat comes by for a visit; I am sure she missed Dottie too. This week has gone fast.

AV, nice that all of the break-neck work is done. Enjoy that ice cream.

Junebug, have a nice time at the wedding this wedding. I did see on the national news a big storm building over the ocean in the NE - that could have been what caused you and Missy to have sinus headaches. It’s amazing how much the weather can mess with our bones and head. Good idea on the drops for earrings; the pair you posted look great. I am doing better thanks. NN did miss a few steps today but overall has been pleasant at least. She came to work in a sling; she has a pinched nerve in her shoulder.

Sharon, have a safe trip for Thanksgiving and enjoy both family and feast. We had our first snow but it was only a few inches; nothing like you’ve had already.

Slick1, I am glad you had a fabulous weekend and time at the wedding. Love the picture of you and DH dancing. You look beautiful in your dress.

Take care. Happy Friday tomorrow.
Marcy
@marcy The important things are worked out lol. That's really sweet Marty takes you to work and picks you up. Can't believe you and @canuk-gal are already getting snow! To be completely honest, I feel pretty overwhelmed with life right now. I'm working too much and I need to get off PS so I can sleep lol. I feel a lot of pressure to do it right and make everyone happy and myself too. My priorities for the day are that I feel beautiful in my dress and that I am in love with my man and my jewelry. The other details of a wedding are really not that important to me. I would rather just skip ahead and be married. Basically, I want to show up and get married! But I know I need to put the work in to plan a beautiful ceremony and small reception. I can do it, just gotta put the time in. Going dress shopping tomorrow:)
@junebug17 I just received my little bead charms from Etsy. Well...They would work which is what I wanted to know...but they are very small...but still okay for me...The big things are they don’t match...the deeper blue ones are not the same size...One is bigger than the other....The aquamarine ones are different shades. One is lighter than the other...basically they all don’t match. She threw in another purplish pink pair...and they really don’t match either. I didn’t pay a lot so not concerned...I may wear them...If they’re separated it may not be noticeable and I can decide if I like the look of drops...You know that saying..You get what you pay for. :roll2: 9996F576-4AE3-4F86-9457-DF64B2FE3CBC.jpeg

They are cute! Are they heavy? They will add some pizzazz to hoops...pics if you like:)

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Continuing on....Happy FriYAY! I like that Missy and hope the others like a double dose of FriYAY and Caturday!
And @missy I hope you're feeling better and those kitties are getting better. DF will be here tonight so I will get to check out his photos but man those beach pics yesterday were gorgeous! I love when the ocean looks like that. I will probably have 4 bands by the time the wedding happens lol! And speaking of lol, I used to not like that word either but now I do! And funny story, my mom would text me and she would say something like...well the weather is gorgeous, hope you have a great day LOL or if I was sick, hope you feel better lol! And I would be like hmmmm. She thought lol meant LOTS of LOVE not Laughing out Loud. So we had a great laugh about that and as far as I am concerned they both work. And it makes me happy that's what she meant all those years. Thanks for your friendship and hope we meet someday:cool2::)
@Austina @junebug17 thanks for your understanding about friend family circle who could care less about jewelry. That's what PS is for. I never ever make comments about how anyone spends their money nor give side eye and it just frustrates me that people do it to me, just because it's jewelry. Slightly frustrating. Ok putting that away. Thanks for sharing in our bling and I just love it! I hope you have a great time at the wedding Junie and best wishes to the happy couple. And I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend Austina.
@Slick1 Love your dress! Congratulations to your son and many blessings to the happy couple.
@Calliecake I am so sorry for the passing of your aunt. I hope you are doing well. Thinking about a date but not sure yet. Will keep all posted.
@Mamabean hope you're having a great Friday and ready for the weekend. I'm loving my sparkly diamonds after their alcohol bath :) I'm happy you're wearing your aqua band. It would be super pretty to wear the aqua and pink band - mermaid stack! I plan one one day making a mermaid ring someday- with teals and pinks and diamonds. I'm sure we all have a list of what we dream of and what we are planning for. Can't wait to see what you've done with your beautiful princess diamonds - that's awesome they were graded higher than Costco and I'm not surprised - their diamonds are beautiful.
@Tekate hope you're having lots of fun and your mouth is better and you are making it through your move - very exciting time.
Love and hugs to all:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you for the photo @Slick1, you look amazing, and I’m so glad everything went well.

Woohoo to a bonus ride @missy and an extra dose of ice cream, so glad the weather was better than predicted. Sweet that you’ve found somewhere you can go out to eat, always a bonus not to have to cook, and makes a nice change from the routine. That was rather strange that the puss came, she’s a pretty little thing with a very intelligent expression. Thanks for your continued good thoughts, we were due to go on a beach walk on Sunday, something Dottie loved, but the weather isn’t looking good, and Colin doesn’t think he’ll be up to it.

Good job Marty’s got his new truck @marcy, your weather sounds pretty brutal. Nice to have a chauffeur now and then :mrgreen2: Hope you’ve had a good day at work today with no problems.

I hope you’ve got a nice relaxing weekend planned after your hectic week @canuk-gal.

Remember @bling_dream19 it’s your day, and ultimately it’s what you and your FI want, you can’t please all of the people all of the time, so do what will make you both happy Try and have an easy weekend so you can de stress after a hectic week.

Hope you’re having a great weekend @junebug17 and that the wedding goes off without a hitch.

Yum, I love tagliatelle with ham, leeks and mushrooms in a creamy garlic sauce @AV_ , you’ve reminded me we haven’t had it for a while, so I must put that right!

Quiet weekend planned for us, Colin’s doing OK, still feeling a bit fragile, but that’s to be expected.

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This was one long day & it must end before I do!

Till tomorrow...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, being caught out in hail isn’t fun. This area gets a ton of damage every summer from hail. We noticed when we were in Colorado the other day a car deal was building covers over a lot of the cars. I do not have Monday off; darn. NN was letting her nasty side show today. HR plans on dealing with her for me if she gets out of line. You and Greg look cute all bundled up; but glad you got out for a ride and some ice cream.

Bling Dream, glad you have the important things worked out. Our families were kind of butting in (my sisters, his parents and grandparents) and we pretty much told them knock it off. It was our wedding and we were paying for it so here’s the date - show up if you want. Some people just get crazy. Your priorities for the day are perfect; don’t let other people stress you out. It’s your day. Have fun dress shopping tomorrow.

Austina, I bet Colin will be fragile for a while; but I know you are taking good care of him. Wishing him a speedy recovery. Have a lovely weekend.

AV, relax this weekend.

I guess Marty and I are going out to supper. His client took longer than expected. I’m hungry but it will be fun.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Caturday Saturday.

@marcy sweet you and Marty got to enjoy dinner. How is Marty's gym going? I am glad to read he is busy with clients though running into dinner time would make me hangry. LOL.

@Austina how is Colin feeling today? I hope each day brings him more healing and that he is feeling stronger and better. I am sorry your weather might not be the best for Sunday and a beach walk but hopefully you and Colin can take that beach walk sooner vs later. We walked on the beach a lot after Francesca died. She never got to enjoy a beach walk like Dottie did but somehow walking on the beach made me feel closer to her. She loved being here. Austina, the pain is still intense and I am sorry to even bring her up with your so recent loss of sweet Dottie but I know you understand and don't mind. We are united in our missing our sweet girls. The pain of their loss will never leave us really but one day we will be able to remember them with more joy and peace than pain and sadness. Sending you hugs across the many miles and sending Colin continued healing dust.

@bling_dream19 aww honey, you and your FI should have the wedding you hope and dream of and not what others expect. The pressure is too much and it is your and your FI's special day. I hope you enjoy dress shopping today and have a wonderful weekend. And hope you slept well last night. And LOL on the Lots of Love. I like that. :lol: Your mom sounds like a blast. I will have to ask my mom if she knows what LOL stands for but I think she does as she has an iPhone and she texts us more than she used to.

What kind of wedding dress are you looking for? I wish I was wedding dress shopping again. I bought like the first or second dress I tried on and it was all very quick. I didn't plan our wedding so much as my mom took over and I happily let her because I wasn't into the details. I had never dreamed about a big or small or any wedding really so had no clue what I wanted. Greg and I picked the reception hall (it was perfect) and I picked my dress and my mom did the rest. I was very thankful for all her work as it wasn't my cup of tea. But if I were to do it all over again I would do it myself probably. I would want a beach wedding like you are planning and it would be in September I think as the weather is usually best here at that time. And I would wear a long flowy pale blue dress and we would exchange vows with the waves roaring. But LOL there I go getting carried away and it isn't even my wedding. Haha. No matter what you chose it will be gorgeous and the day will be beautiful because you are marrying the love of your life. And that will make it the perfect day. And lol on all your wedding bands. You go girl. You are a true PSer. Glad your rings enjoyed the alcohol bath. XOXO and Lots of Love. :)

Speaking of wedding @Slick1 I hope you are still on a wedding high from the beautiful day your son and his wife and your whole family enjoyed together. It was a perfect day for a perfect couple from a perfect family. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

@AV_ I hope you had sweet dreams after your very long day yesterday and I hear you on ending the day before it ends you. That is how I feel almost every day these past few months. It's been a long haul though somehow it is also going fast. Each day goes pretty quickly and when I look back on it I cannot believe how many months have flown by since our dear girl died. And since RW gate began. Anyway I digress. I hope your Saturday is enjoyable and I look forward to hearing about your adventures. Hugs.

@Tekate I know life is busy busy for you and I am so sorry about the issue found and hope it is remediated easily and quickly. Just want you to know we are thinking of you and I am hoping you are doing well. Your family is very lucky to have you and please hug Autie from me. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean when you get the 91 plus isopropyl alcohol please let me know what you think of it compared to the lower percentage you are now using. I am curious if you notice a big difference. I never used the lower percentage. I believe the higher percentage dries more quickly and so doesn't leave streaking etc. What are your weekend plans?

@Scandinavian sending you healing hugs and love.

We had a lovely ride yesterday despite freezing our tushes off LOL. It was COLD. Even Dave and Tom were not sure if we would show for ice cream. NO scratch that. Tom (Dave's dh) told us he asked Dave if he thought we were coming and Dave said oh yes they are as I saw them riding in Deal earlier. Hahaha and yes we did but omg it was so cold. We only got medium ice creams and that was hard enough to eat in the cold. But it was worth it. Only 2 more ice cream days left at Days. We couldn't miss one of the last few days if you kwim.

icecreamatdaysandgreg.png

Cappuccino mocha chip for Greg and Strawberry cashew cream for moi.
Yummmmmmm.

icecreamatdaysinoct.png

And just to illustrate how cold it was-

missybundledup.jpeg.png

missyonbikebundledup.png

The sun didn't show most of the day and that was why it was so much colder than the day before. High (North east) winds and no sun makes for a cold day. But it was oh so worth it because....drum roll please....

7000miles.png

You are reading that right ladies (and gentlemen). We hit 7,000 miles yesterday. Woohoo! Definitely a record we won't be breaking any time soon.
We hit it going downhill and I tried capturing it as we reached the goal. Blurry but you can make it out. We were speeding downhill at the time. Love going downhill after climbing and climbing those steep hills. It is so sweet.

7000miles.jpeg.png

Today looks like a decent cycling weather day and after we clean the house we are off cycling again. Windy but not as windy as the days before. Please sun come out today.

Everyone have a lovely Caturday Saturday and sending you all big hugs.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nirdis,

Just checking in on one and all and was surprised to see the format is all different. And, hmmm, I can't find the emojis.

@Austina - Thinking of you. How are you getting on? It's been nearly six months, and I still sometimes expect to find him there when I walk into the house. Hope Colin's recovery is continuing well. Funnily enough, my H had hernia surgery the weekend we had to say goodbye to Brooklyn. We had brought him to the RVC on Friday, he had his surgery on Saturday, my H had his on Sunday (day case), I went to visit B in hospital on Monday, and we had to make the decision on the Tuesday. I don't think the surgeon would necessarily have approved of my H making the trip from London to Hertfordshire two days post-surgery, but his recovery went fine. Truthfully, we were so distracted and distraught, my H's surgery barely registered.

It looks like we'll have a new puppy at the beginning of December. As I think I mentioned, this was my first go-round with losing a dog and it feels strange to be getting another. Obviously we can't replace him, but it feels strangely like we're trying to. We'd been waiting to see if any flatcoats came in to rescue, but there haven't been any, and for a few reasons, our vet feels like our girl will adjust more easily to a puppy, so here we go...

On a bling-related front, I was so distracted the day after we put him to sleep, I must have failed to put my earring backs on tightly enough and lost one of my victor canera oec studs. I haven't yet asked Victor if he can find a match to replace it, but will get around to it eventually. The truth is that I rarely wore them anyway. These have been pretty much my daily wear earrings for about the last three years
earring.jpg.png

@missy - Hope things are going as well as possible with the kitties. It sounds like an absolute nightmare routine for you and for them. They look very well, though, and their little WTF?! faces in the photos are so cute. I always feel like I'm slightly living vicariously through people with cats as one of my kids has a pretty severe cat allergy, we've never been able to have one. I'm glad you and Greg are still finding time for cycling (and ice cream). Greg and I have birthdays that are very, very close. I know I'm prejudiced, but we Libras are the best ;-). When were you last in Brooklyn?

@marcy - Honestly, your work life would make a fabulous book. It seems to funny to me that people are having snow already. Our weather has been mild but sort of depressingly samey- gloomy, a bit of rain, some occasional sun. I can't really complain, but I miss the real turning of the seasons. One bright spot though is that it does stay really beautiful and green here through the winter. Hope Marty is enjoying his ring, and yours posted a few pages back is absolutely gorgeous. Is it an amethyst?

@blingdream_19 - I totally agree with Austina about it being your day. You can never make everyone happy, and the truth is, people always have good memories of the important parts of weddings. All the small stuff we sweat over isn't what you remember in the end.

@junebug - Hope you're enjoying the wedding and having a nice weekend.

@av - Funny you should mention tagliatelle with rosemary, I had pasta with rosemary pesto in a restaurant recently. I really liked the flavour, but I think the rosemary wasn't smashed up enough, so I felt like I spent the whole time trying to swallow pieces of it. How do you make it?

@Slick1 - I love that photo. I can see why it's your favourite.

@canuk-gal - was it you who suggested Pomellato? I don't have any, but have contemplated it many times. I absolutely love their stuff.

@Tekate - sorry there's an issue. Hope all gets resolved. Autie is so gorgeous!

@Calliecake - Nice you see you here. Hope all is well.

@Mamabean - Sorry about your driving issues. Hope that's getting better.

Ok, I know I'm forgetting someone...

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - Hope things are going as well as possible with the kitties. It sounds like an absolute nightmare routine for you and for them. They look very well, though, and their little WTF?! faces in the photos are so cute. I always feel like I'm slightly living vicariously through people with cats as one of my kids has a pretty severe cat allergy, we've never been able to have one. I'm glad you and Greg are still finding time for cycling (and ice cream). Greg and I have birthdays that are very, very close. I know I'm prejudiced, but we Libras are the best ;-). When were you last in Brooklyn?

Hi @jaaron, I am sorry you lost your one of your earrings :( but I love the photo you shared. Are you thinking of getting OEC dangles to replace the studs?

Last time I was in Brooklyn was May 15th. I cannot say I miss it though now with the weather changing I am ready to go back. But the kitties are not. So onward and forward and one day/one hour at a time. I am late to start cleaning this morning so must run but PS is a lovely distraction and PSers are the best.

So sorry about your little boy's allergies and I am happy we can be of assistance with sharing cat and dog photos and stories. Though I wish my most recent story had not happened. I never even knew about RW before this let alone how difficult it is to treat in (multiple) cat households. I think if we had one cat it wouldn't have been a huge deal. I just hope this doesn't deter anyone reading from rescuing/adopting a stray. If we had been smart about it this would not have happened. All one has to to is keep a new cat quarantined for 28 days. The incubation period for RW. If we had done that we wouldn't be dealing with RW gate now. Live and learn.

Please keep us posted re your new earrings and I hope you find your original OEC stud also. Having a pair of old cut dangles and studs would be lovely.
It looks like we'll have a new puppy at the beginning of December. As I think I mentioned, this was my first go-round with losing a dog and it feels strange to be getting another. Obviously we can't replace him, but it feels strangely like we're trying to. We'd been waiting to see if any flatcoats came in to rescue, but there haven't been any, and for a few reasons, our vet feels like our girl will adjust more easily to a puppy, so here we go...

I am very sorry for your loss. I know what you mean re feeling like you are trying to replace your beloved furbaby but I look at it this way. I feel like we are honoring the memory of our past beloved furbabies by saving another. Does that make sense? When our darling Billy died in 2009 we rescued 3 cats within 3 months. 3 cats who needed us desperately IMO. Francesca, Tommy and Bobby. It didn't mean we loved Billy less or that we were trying to replace him. No, quite the opposite. Because we loved Billy so much we rescued 3 others to honor him. Never regretted that decision though when Billy died I was like I am never adopting another. But of course that was short lived. And then when Francesca died well it's still so fresh and painful. We miss her so. But Oliver came along with his eye ulcerating and he needed us. And so it continues. I am sorry for your loss. (((Hugs))).

Good luck with your new puppy adoption. May it bring you new joy and love and peace.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Please don’t feel anyone thinks that @jaaron, honestly, if rehome had contacted me the next day saying they had a dog that needed a home, I would have taken them. Dottie was our 4th dog, and they were all so different, that I don’t think we ever ‘compared’ them. I can’t say it gets any easier, you try and tell yourself you’re more prepared, but truthfully, it’s just as heartbreaking and devastating when you lose them. You’re going to have your hands full with a new puppy, please post lots of photos I can’t wait to see your new pup. Glad your husband did so well getting over his surgery, and thanks for the good wishes for Colin. Oh no to losing your earring, but your go to pair are really pretty.

Nice to a meal out @marcy, any day when you don’t have to cook is a bonus, especially when you’ve had to deal with NN. Sounds like she needs an attitude adjustment.

Woohoo to 7000 miles @missy, I know you’d rather not have been able to do the miles if it meant that you weren’t dealing with the loss of Frankie and RWGate, but it’s a great achievement nonetheless. It looks really cold there, certainly a big change from last week. It’s been non stop rain here today, we did go to our local shopping centre so we could walk about and get some exercise, then spoiled our good intentions by having cake and a cup of tea when we got home :lol:

Colin woke at 4 this morning in pain, his abdomen is very bruised and swollen (as well as another part of his anatomy :eek-2:) but that is apparently normal after surgery, and he was feeling very uncomfortable and found walking around helped.

We’re not doing anything this weekend, and even if we’d made plans, I think we’d cancel them and stay in.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs have a good weekend :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I left the day fly by - rather the only thing I could do; tomorrow is another & they are both weekend, I keep saying. The truth of the matter is that work is slow & there is no low hanging fruit, so I clock in a few hours, then, crash. Good old memories of finals & such remind tgis kind of tired from back in my young days... There is way less chocolate in the pantry than this morning.

@missy Why not have another wedding? It's been a while. This year was as it was. Find a reason! I love those plans...

@jaaron I pick the silvery, soft shoots and buds & flowers off thyme & chop them as fine as I can; the mature leaves of wild thyme are tough enough to be toothpicks most of the year, now the new growth is reasonable & at their peak in December they get properly sweet too (still bitter-ish now, but IDK) There is no easier solution that I know of. I might be seen biting buds off thyme while eating old cheese (today!), probably uncivilized...

[20 min to farmacy closing, so gotta run!]

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, that is go awesome you and Greg rode over 7000 miles - that is almost the diameter of the Earth. Woo hoo!!! Marty has about 12 people lifting now; I believe he said. I was just checking his accounting info; he has enough money to pay 2 months rent and utilities. Sweet. I totally enjoyed hearing how you’d plan your wedding now. It sounds perfect. Like you told Bling Dream; that’s what is important is planning it for how you want it to be. Love the shots of your mile breaking ride in the cold. Pretty cool Dave knew you guys would be coming for ice cream. I am crossing my fingers and toes that you, Greg and the kitties are moving back to Brooklyn soon. All of your fur babies give you as much joy and love as you give them. RW go away!!

Jaaron, I think you’ll love getting a new puppy in a few months. New sweet fur babies are loved in addition to our beloved lost fur babies. They give us new memories. Darn to losing one of your OEC earrings; I really like your every day earrings. They look fabulous. My mom always told me I should write a book about my students and my employees. I’ve had some whoppers over the years. It’s nice you have greenery year round; I do like the seasonal changes here - white and dead all winter, green late spring and early summer; dried out brown late summer than orange and yellow in the fall. I guess it’s what I’m used to these days. Marty must like his new ring; he’s been wearing it since it arrived. My purple stone is a sapphire.

Austina, I am a fan of not needing to do dishes; I guess if that is my biggest problem I’m doing good. Sorry to hear Colin was in pain this morning; that is good walking around helped. I hope he is feeling better now. I had hernia surgery about 10-12 years ago now. It was day surgery at an outpatient clinic and they only gave me a local because they were behind and I was the last patient. It was awful. I could feel the pressure and even some pain plus the hernia was larger than they expected. Stupid thing has pushed back through too; it’s just tissue so unless it bothers me I’m not having it done again. Take it easy this weekend.

AV, I hope you made it to the pharmacy. I couldn’t keep the hours now like i did in college; I rarely slept.

We got up early, went out for breakfast, went grocery shopping and then have been doing chores. We have hard water hear (lots of minerals so it tastes great) so when it mixes with soap it leave nasty soap scum. My old cleaning ladies kept it at bay; this new lady does light cleaning so I have to tackle the shower every few months to get it to my liking. Ha Ha. Marty had the fun filled activity of replacing the guts of our toilet. We’ve been here almost 7 years now and stuff needs fixed. WTH?? I did my lifting and made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. I’ve got BBQ ribs cooking in the crock pot for supper.

Have a great day.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy big and small Dog Sunday. Oliver was trying to thwart all my attempts to post here this AM. While I was having my coffee and breakfast and post he kept trying to get to my food. It was quite the exercise for me. He is a rascal. OK back to posting.

@marcy do you have a water filter? We have a whole house water filter so we don't have hard or soft (I think) water. In NJ. In Brooklyn no water filter but the water is A OK there IMO. Glad your cleaning people can keep that in check. Lucky us having men who are handy and yes Greg gets fix the toilet duties too. Hahaha duties...:P2

Yay for Marty having 12 clients and being able to pay the bills there. He will keep growing the business of that I am sure.

OMG did you say grilled cheese? That is my (besides Peanut butter) Kryptonite. Sigh. I miss dairy. And bread. I have to search for gluten and dairy free options as I am sure they exist. The question is are they yummy? Hope you enjoyed your BBQ ribs last night.

Thank you for your continued support and comfort and everything. Go away RW indeed.

@AV_ sounds like you enjoyed chocolate last night and my question is...dark or milk? I have a sweet spot for dark but would not pass up any kind of (good) chocolate. Just like Ice Cream. What can I say. My sweet tooth never truly left me though I tried leaving it...Hope work picks up soon.
As for weddings while I love them getting married to Greg twice is sufficient I think. I would not want to subject our loved ones to another renewal of vows as much as I might be tempted. Plus who has the energy or time to plan a dream beach wedding? Not this oldster. Not while we are dealing with RW gate. But perhaps one day I will feel differently. Or maybe just a big party celebrating our love. One day. Maybe. Or not. :sun: Good suggestion either way. Hope you got what you needed at the pharmacy yesterday. I had to go to the pharmacy while cycling yesterday as I got another bad sinus (?) headache and picked up some pseudoephedrine as we were cycling. Hate that I have to show my license and am limited to how much psdeuodephedrine we can buy. All because of a few rotten apples making speed from it. Ugh. Anyway it did the trick thank goodness. (Speaking of headaches Junie, I have been getting more headaches the past few days. I hope you are not getting any more. Hope you are having a great time at the wedding).

@Austina sorry Colin woke bruised and in pain and hope today he is feeling better and the bruises are healing. Good idea to take it easy and stay in while the weather is not cooperating and Colin is under the weather so to speak. Hope you are enjoying a lovely Sunday.

@bling_dream19 hope your dress shopping went well yesterday and that you are enjoying a good weekend with your FI and that you are feeling all better.

@Slick hope you are having a good weekend and catching up on must needed rest.

@Scandinavian continued good thoughts being sent your and your mother's way.

@Mamabean how is your weekend going? Hope everyone is behaving themselves and letting you enjoy some peaceful time.

We had a good ride yesterday and the weather was much nicer. Less wind and the sun made an appearance in the afternoon which warmed things up considerably. I forgot to share that because of the high tides and full moon the other day all the streets in Sea Bright and Monmouth beach were flooded and we had a heck of a time getting though and yesterday when we thought it would be all clear nope. Still a bit flooded. Not as bad as Friday but still. I didn't manage to get a photo friday as it was cold and I didn't want to take off my gloves and face mask but I got a few quick photos yesterday. Not as bad as the friday flooding but it was still at least 6 inches deep.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.05.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.06.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.06.10 AM.png

Friday the water was over a foot deep and we could not go through. All due to the full moon and high tides. Not due to rain or any storm. And these areas always flood at the slightest provocation. Crazy right?

Anyway it was a lovely day and today is the last day of Days til next year. I am sad about that. Dave and Tom obliged me with a photo yesterday. With our ice cream. Large size of course as the weather cooperated and had warmed up with some sun coming through.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.08.44 AM.png

and I took a photo in the AM of the gray but lovely autumn morning for @bling_dream19

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.10.51 AM.png

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies. XOXO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
GM girls! Dress shopping went GREAT yesterday! I went by myself. I love my mom but I wanted the experience of going by myself. I am the type where I need to sleep on it and think about it before i buy. So I'm going back today at 1 and trying it on again and if i still feel glamorous then I'm getting it. I got such a good feeling when I got to the salon. It is an upscale buy off the rack type of place. The dressing rooms were large and private with large mirror in the room. So simple and nice. I tried on about 8 and within 45 min narrowed it down to 2 and then with the seamstress and bridal consultants opinion narrowed it down to 1. And I'm 99% sure it's my dress! Its a satin ballgown, with pockets, beautiful pleats, and strapless sweetheart neckline with bling! I'm wearing my new vintage heart diamond pendant and diamond cluster earrings today when I go back to purchase, and see how the jewelry looks because we all know that's the most important part.
Oh and hanging out at home Friday night and wearing my pink band, there is just an awful rough spot. I even tried to wear it to date night last night and I couldn't make myself wear it. Soo it's going back sadly. It's just too rough and the band is not perfect.
My cold is almost gone just a little congestion but I'm getting there. Thanks for everyone's well wishes. And THANK YOU for everyone's very wise advice about the wedding, being happy, and resting.
@missy LOVE the beach pics, you know I love a morning beach photo. I cant believe about the flooding, FI said he heard about it and that is just soo interesting how the moon and tide can do that. Oh very sad about icecream shop closing. They love you and Greg. It is so magical there. And I second another wedding for you Missy someday, you described an absolutely magical day and flowy blue dress sounds dreamy.

Going to read and catch up. Hope everyone had a great Caturday and is having a wonderful Sunday Funday! Love and hugs to all. I'm very grateful for each of you.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Dark chocolate, of course. I will not dream of demeaning my sweet tooth - might have mellowed a little lately (somehow I could not get close to suggar for month earlier this year, but there was nothing medical, so who knows... My taste went topsy turvy with stress: sugarless & carnivorous! By August it was back.) Perhaps all I had in mind as 'wedding' was a party at the beech; just the nice part, not the hou-ha. I love the turf shot... & No kidding re. BIG icecream! The local big is about a third & I had my best yet this Friday - I got to be the first customer & apparently that means much colder icecream from night storage (my thing!). ... re farmacies - the keeper can be called out after hours, so I did yesterday; there is a wave of new strictness on them, so I wonder what could be, not that I want to know ,(

Happy it is still weekend & too lazy to think, let alone write.

Off to coffee #3...

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy Dark chocolate, of course. I will not dream of demeaning my sweet tooth - might have mellowed a little lately (somehow I could not get close to suggar for month earlier this year, but there was nothing medical, so who knows... My taste went topsy turvy with stress: sugarless & carnivorous! By August it was back.) Perhaps all I had in mind as 'wedding' was a party at the beech; just the nice part, not the hou-ha. I love the turf shot... & No kidding re. BIG icecream! The local big is about a third & I had my best yet this Friday - I got to be the first customer & apparently that means much colder icecream from night storage (my thing!). ... re farmacies - the keeper can be called out after hours, so I did yesterday; there is a wave of new strictness on them, so I wonder what could be, not that I want to know ,(

Off to coffee #3...

I'm on coffee number 1...cold brew 11 ounces but I shall treat myself to some out. Enjoy your day! Glad your taste for delicious chocolate came back :bigsmile:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It was raining all morning, and well in to the afternoon, so just as well we had no plans. We just went to the shops to have a walk around, and get some exercise. Colin’s not feeling too bad today, he went out for a walk earlier when the rain stopped, and I got on with some cleaning. Adam and Kim arrive on Tuesday morning.

I think I must be one of the few people in the world who doesn’t like chocolate @AV_ Colin loves the 85% cocoa solid kind and usually has some everyday.

Congratulations on finding your dress @bling_dream19 Having watched numerous episodes of Say yes to the dress, I think it’s better to go on your own rather than having several people all voicing their opinions. The only thing that matters is that YOU love it and feel good in it.

Good news that Marty’s business is building steadily @marcy, I think Adam has found this is quite a slow time for new clients, but after Christmas and over indulging, people sign up and business picks up. Yum to ribs :drool:

@missy, you can certainly get gluten free bread and vegan cheese here, so I’m sure there must be somewhere there that has it so you can enjoy a grilled ‘cheese’ sandwich. Oh my gosh, you can really see how huge those ice cream portions are on the counter, no wonder you enjoy stopping by there after cycling :lol:

That flooding looks pretty bad there, what’s the weather been like today?

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a good weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was raining all morning, and well in to the afternoon, so just as well we had no plans. We just went to the shops to have a walk around, and get some exercise. Colin’s not feeling too bad today, he went out for a walk earlier when the rain stopped, and I got on with some cleaning. Adam and Kim arrive on Tuesday morning.

So glad Colin is feeling a bit better Austina. How exciting that Adam and Kim will be there Tuesday. I know you cannot wait.

@missy, you can certainly get gluten free bread and vegan cheese here, so I’m sure there must be somewhere there that has it so you can enjoy a grilled ‘cheese’ sandwich. Oh my gosh, you can really see how huge those ice cream portions are on the counter, no wonder you enjoy stopping by there after cycling :lol:

That flooding looks pretty bad there, what’s the weather been like today?

Hi Austina, yes the portions are huge. To be fair that is their large. We had been getting their mediums most of the summer but one day Greg was like I am getting a large and it was huge. And I had big eyes because well because I do and so the next day I got a large and for the rest of the season we got large with the exception of yesterday when it was too cold so we got mediums. I will have to wear a large if I keep eating like that LOL and JK. Not yet at my weight goal. But almost near 100 woohoo. Weather today is dry and cool and crisp. Low 60s but with the east wind it is chilly. Had a great ride however and Days is done til next May. :cry:

But oh it was good. And today was the owners treat so we got more free ice cream woohoo.
Greg got moose tracks (my prior favorite before I had to stop eating dairy) and I had cashew cream Strawberry. :lickout:

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 3.00.08 PM.png

Weather is supposed to be nice Monday and Tuesday but not sure we will get to ride (much or at all) because Greg is officially back at work. Boohoo. No Columbus Day for him.

Off to coffee #3...

Oh yes how could I have even asked. Dark Chocolate is the bomb. I have a fierce sweet tooth but I have denied it in the last number of years due to my body not responding well to sweets. Imagine that. Harumphhh as HRH Francesca used to say. So now I don't deny myself but am smart about it. What is life without sweetness?

That is by far the biggest ice cream we have ever been served. Dave does it right. Generous (and delicious) portions make for loyal customers. I would feel like a hog but for all the miles we cycled so that's why I am like OK we can enjoy a large. No more large for us during non cycling seasons.

I like ice cream not super hard right from the freezer but appreciate why you do. Cold is good when it comes to ice cream. I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream...:mrgreen2:

So interesting you can call the pharmacist after hours- to come and give you your meds? That would never work here. I wish.I love when everything is open all the time. Just in case. :lol:

GM girls! Dress shopping went GREAT yesterday! I went by myself. I love my mom but I wanted the experience of going by myself. I am the type where I need to sleep on it and think about it before i buy. So I'm going back today at 1 and trying it on again and if i still feel glamorous then I'm getting it. I got such a good feeling when I got to the salon. It is an upscale buy off the rack type of place. The dressing rooms were large and private with large mirror in the room. So simple and nice. I tried on about 8 and within 45 min narrowed it down to 2 and then with the seamstress and bridal consultants opinion narrowed it down to 1. And I'm 99% sure it's my dress! Its a satin ballgown, with pockets, beautiful pleats, and strapless sweetheart neckline with bling! I'm wearing my new vintage heart diamond pendant and diamond cluster earrings today when I go back to purchase, and see how the jewelry looks because we all know that's the most important part.
Oh and hanging out at home Friday night and wearing my pink band, there is just an awful rough spot. I even tried to wear it to date night last night and I couldn't make myself wear it. Soo it's going back sadly. It's just too rough and the band is not perfect.
My cold is almost gone just a little congestion but I'm getting there. Thanks for everyone's well wishes. And THANK YOU for everyone's very wise advice about the wedding, being happy, and resting.
@missy LOVE the beach pics, you know I love a morning beach photo. I cant believe about the flooding, FI said he heard about it and that is just soo interesting how the moon and tide can do that. Oh very sad about icecream shop closing. They love you and Greg. It is so magical there. And I second another wedding for you Missy someday, you described an absolutely magical day and flowy blue dress sounds dreamy.

Going to read and catch up. Hope everyone had a great Caturday and is having a wonderful Sunday Funday! Love and hugs to all. I'm very grateful for each of you.

Yay! So happy dress shopping was a huge success for you yesterday. Please let us know how it goes today. Smart to take a day and go back and try it on and see if you feel the same. Sounds gorgeous. I love a sweetheart neck and pockets. I love dresses with pockets. The bees knees.
I am sorry the pink band is not comfortable and glad you found out before it couldn't be returned.
I am glad your cold is almost gone.

Thank you for enjoying my photos. I enjoy sharing them with all of you.

Hope you come home with your dream dress!

Have a wonderful rest of this lovely Sunday lovely ladies. XOXO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina I am having the same as Colin. It is my staple.

@bling_dream19 If no one sees your dress before the day, it will be the talk of the town for ages... I would think. Just as it should.

@missy If we try hard enough, we might find a few things we disagree on! [not intending to try] .)

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I said YES to the DRESS!!!! Today was great, I went back to the salon and tried it on again and I think it's just perfect and will work in any of the potential wedding options. And most importantly, my new cluster dangle earrings are gorgeous with and my vintage heart looks smashing with the dress! I will wear my grandmother's ring on my rh. Soo, I just need to find a platinum chain for the heart bc it's set in platinum and I would love to find a diamond bracelet. Thank you for everyone's wonderful words. They mean a lot! :wavey::kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, that is some flooding. Scary. Sounds like Oliver wants your attention. We don’t not have a whole house soft water filter. We put those purifying filters on the cold water to our kitchen sinks and of course in both refrigerators. My new cleaning lady does not keep the hard water / soap scum at bay; I miss the other cleaning ladies but they were so unreliable. Grilled cheese are very tasty. I used to make them sometimes throwing in an egg on school nights. I had about 10 minutes at home to cook, eat and go. I know they have some gluten free bread that is good but I don’t know the brands for sure. I hope your sinus headache is better. Great picture of Dave and Tom; those large ice cream dishes look huge next to those guys. And delicious of course. Love the ocean and sky picture. Woo hoo for getting some weight back on; that is a good thing. LOL, yes we do all scream for ice cream and I am sure your delicious looking ice cream is why I want some every day.

Bling Dream, how exciting about your dress. Great idea to sleep on it and more importantly take back bling to wear with it when you try it on again. It sounds fabulous and how cool you decided to get it. Oh no that your sapphire band is uncomfortable; no point keeping it. I am sure you can find another one that is comfortable. Glad to hear your cold is doing better.

AV, glad you were first in line for ice cream. I was going to go mail something and thought ooh that’s near Cold Stone Creamery - I’ll probably just wait though. I’m relieved you like chocolate again.

Austina, nice that you and Colin got some walking in and I’m glad to hear Colin feeling a bit better. How exciting that Adam and Kim will be there soon. Marty likes that 85% cocoa chocolate too; it’s a bit too bitter for me. I generally like milk chocolate. My mother did not like chocolate either. I bet clients do pick up after Christmas every year. I thought the same thing on the ice cream; those bowls looked huge.

Marty came home with 9 times more money than he put in to the pot at poker last night. Sweet. It’s not high stakes though so don’t get too excited for me. I tried to get him to pay for breakfast today but he didn’t. I know it is all from the same account and he totally enjoys telling a waitress I’m paying.

We cooked on the grill for lunch today so very few dishes so far. I did made a batch of PB cookies last night so we had a few of those for dessert.

I wrote and submitted my November astronomy article to the local paper today and started on my November newsletter.

Laundry is done and I plan on being lazy the rest of the day.

Good news on bad knees vs. lifting. Yesterday I did a ton of things from pretty much 8 am to 8 pm and my worst knee only got kind of achy and my less worse knee didn’t even get sore. I can tell the right leg it kind of weak but that is amazing I did so well with it. Lifting is good for me.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight's Full Hunter moon rising

1571014379225.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Columbus Day girls. To those who celebrate and happy Monday to all the rest. We (Greg) are not off today. Boohoo but it is a gorgeous Monday.

@missy If we try hard enough, we might find a few things we disagree on! [not intending to try] .)

Hahaha I am sure of that. I don't think it is possible to agree on everything but you never know. Even Greg and I disagree about some (many?) things. But we agree on what is important and that comes down to values and principles and morals in life. We are very similar that way as I suspect are many (all?) of the NIRDIs.

Marty came home with 9 times more money than he put in to the pot at poker last night. Sweet. It’s not high stakes though so don’t get too excited for me. I tried to get him to pay for breakfast today but he didn’t. I know it is all from the same account and he totally enjoys telling a waitress I’m paying.

We cooked on the grill for lunch today so very few dishes so far. I did made a batch of PB cookies last night so we had a few of those for dessert.

I wrote and submitted my November astronomy article to the local paper today and started on my November newsletter.

Laundry is done and I plan on being lazy the rest of the day.

Good news on bad knees vs. lifting. Yesterday I did a ton of things from pretty much 8 am to 8 pm and my worst knee only got kind of achy and my less worse knee didn’t even get sore. I can tell the right leg it kind of weak but that is amazing I did so well with it. Lifting is good for me.

Woohoo! Mr Marty came through. Sweet. But LOL on making you pay. What a jokester. Yay for lifting helping your knees Marcy. That is wonderful! And umm did you say PB cookies? Hand em over girl. I want some. :lickout: Pretty please. Nice you already did your astronomy article for November and submitted it to the local paper. You are very organized and efficient. Good for accomplishing all you needed to including laundry. Our laundry is constant as you know and I just hold my breath both washing machines and both dryers keep working. Greg managed to read about fixing the dryer we have and he did fix it at least for now so yay to Greg. He is Mr Fix it. Let's hope that fix holds. Anyway glad you had a good weekend and may your Monday be lovely as well.

Love that full moon. Breathtaking.

I said YES to the DRESS!!!! Today was great, I went back to the salon and tried it on again and I think it's just perfect and will work in any of the potential wedding options. And most importantly, my new cluster dangle earrings are gorgeous with and my vintage heart looks smashing with the dress! I will wear my grandmother's ring on my rh. Soo, I just need to find a platinum chain for the heart bc it's set in platinum and I would love to find a diamond bracelet. Thank you for everyone's wonderful words. They mean a lot! :wavey::kiss2:

Woohoo! Congrats @bling_dream19 :appl: It sounds gorgeous and I know you look beautiful in it. And so glad it is perfect with your bling. What a dream dress and dream bling combo for a dreamy and lovely young lady. Yay! So excited for you.:appl:

@Slick1 have a wonderful Monday. I hope you are off for the Columbus Day holiday.

@Scandinavian continued healing dust being sent your mom's way.

@Austina how is Colin feeling today?

So we had a great cycling day yesterday as I wrote when we got back yesterday afternoon and I was taking my bath. And today is shampoo day for the kitties. I don't enjoy this at all and neither do they. And hoping we can get some cycling in despite it being also a work day for Greg. Not sure yet. Anyway hope everyone has a marvelous Monday. XO.

Leaving you with a photo of our last hill as we rode home yesterday. We climbed it just to go down it and we hit 35 mph. Woohoo. What a rush. I am not sure I was able to capture the steepness for you but this is the only photo I took of the hill just before we went down it.

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 5.10.38 AM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear NIRDIS, i am back Stateside and reading through the thread.
Feeling terribly disconnected after six months in France with health issues and actually had to stay longer to be well enough to travel. Within a day of arriving home I came down with a horrible flu bug, and two weeks later I am still lying around most of the day feeling anxiety. The house sitters did not dust or change the airfilters for six months, and the basement dehumidifier broke, so the house smells of mold and the basement walls are black. They did not vacuum under the furniture and the amount of dog fur piled up was impressive. When I walked in everything looked OK but then I turned on the ceiling fan and long strings of dirt flew off. That was the beginning of seeing just how neglected the house was. I am discouraged to come home to a house that has not been cleaned in six months and now has a serious mold problem. They did not cut back the garden all summer and I have trees grown up against the house and vines covering the windows. It’s a mess. I know they did their best, but the wife is pregnant and working full time, so the husband was taking care of the house. They must have fried a lot of food because my chandelier crystals and glass vases are opaque with a film on them. I can see that they tried, and I imagine there was an amazing amount of work mowing all summer.
I am coming to the point of realizing I cannot bear the responsibility of two houses in two countries and stay sane & happy.
I am depressed, but
trying to be proactive and have calls in for a massage appointment, acupuncture, and a doctor appointment, and I am trying to eat well. Thank you for listening. It helps to come here and read about all that is going on with you guys. Need to get back to the blingy side of life!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results