carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Where is your AVC? :appl:

Oh sorry @Mamabean as soon as it came I opened it tried it on took a few quick pics and we went cycling. I shared it in the AVC thread but I should have shared it here! Here you go.

9CF90DE8-BB39-4355-A339-1AA75E8C595A.jpeg

B2FEAC62-4EC8-4160-BE96-2EFE10D0A136.jpeg

AD91D2E9-2376-48BD-845B-F6C4AA7BB2B0.jpeg

2BFED8F9-B758-4F5E-9C69-6DE50ABFA5B9.jpeg

8F157310-4C86-4280-B196-3CEFE8369619.jpeg

C727EC39-FC05-49BA-802D-F120699BD1D8.jpeg

I (think I) love it. I only wore it for 2 minutes and am in the bath right now as we just got back from cycling. I will evaluate it and wear it tomorrow when we are running errands and such and let you know what I think then. Right now I am very pleased with it and the setting is just perfect for a cushion. My all time favorite cushion setting as it reminds me of the Boston Jeff setting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Austina! You beat me to it. :)

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased with the ring. You need one now.:twisted2:
Legs stil itchy and tomorrow I hope the derm will have a clue and not just try pushing steroids on me. I have been applying Elidel and Eucrisa and not sure maybe some improvement but it's hard to tell as it is behind my knees and thighs. Not easy to examine that area myself.

Sorry your picture was damaged but glad it is going to be taken care of. Cannot wait til everything is complete and finished and beautiful for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Of course I need a pair of icecreams now ,) Easy enough.
Your flock looks better, or I am more used to hearing of the ordeal ,( You need a cat whisperer.

Indeed we do. And as for ice cream when you visit we will indulge you with more ice cream than you could possibly hope for. Stuff dreams are made of. :halo:

:lickout:

@Mamabean as for size it is very demure on me IMO. Not big at all. Just like I thought. LOL what can I say. I have man hands but I am OK with it. Just feel bad for Greg and our wallet as I need large diamonds to go with my large hands. :halo:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indeed we do. And as for ice cream when you visit we will indulge you with more ice cream than you could possibly hope for. Stuff dreams are made of. :halo:

:lickout:

@Mamabean as for size it is very demure on me IMO. Not big at all. Just like I thought. LOL what can I say. I have man hands but I am OK with it. Just feel bad for Greg and our wallet as I need large diamonds to go with my large hands. :halo:
Hahaha!! I would not call that demure!! You do not have man hands! :lol: It looks so pretty on your hand...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha!! I would not call that demure!! You do not have man hands! :lol: It looks so pretty on your hand...

LOL thank you for your lovely compliment and in the eye of the beholder right? And now this ring and setting have me longing for my Bubbalah to be reset in a gorgeous solitaire...maybe I can enlist your help in the decision of what solitaire as I keep getting held up with that. I think I want an 8 prong but I want it to be different than what I had before. For another day as I don't have energy to reset Bubbalah now anyway.

@Tekate where are you and how are you doing sweetheart? Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better today. (((Hugs))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

@Austina --too bad about your broken picture don't you hate when that happens.....
@missy--hope your rash is getting better

We rode 23kms in fine weather today. Went to a place recognized for their authentic (homemade) Mexican food for lunch and while I rarely eat tortillas, I do when they are the real thing! Brough home some chili rellenos for supper. My fav.

Hope ya'll are AOK!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina great news that you weren't as out of shape as you thought! We just had the windows cleaned here last week and I so love it when they are spanking clean.. Colin's mom must have been (or still is) a powerhouse in canning, I canned once with my sister way back in 1983 and I disliked it, I thought it was toooo much work for little return - athough we picked those strawberries and canned them, I told her that next time she wanted jam I would buy her a case :) poor Gen what she put up with when I was around :) miss her. So I think you should say "Today I need no more new bling" "but tomorrow who knows!" I know what you mean though, I have Ever and really what else is there for me, not much.. and OOOH to the cruise that your husband booked! sounds awesome!!!! Thank you Austina on the heads up on how you brought your grout back to it's original color, I'm going to try it!! I'm feeling okay today and thank you so muc for asking! xoxoxo

@Mamabean looking forward to seeing your new bling lady... and boy I was woozy yesterday, I didn't wake up till 9:00 a.m and went to bed at 9:00 pm.. I'm not sure what he used this time, I sort of remember everything and then not.. today pain level is a 6 (yay) and so far clindamycin has upset my stomach (but God I hate that stuff). I hope you are aok and swell and as I said, can't wait to see your new stuff when it comes. xoxo

@missy Hello my marvelous Missy! I know you would not return Oliver really, but Missy dear, I am in favor of Missy and what you need for your health, I support you entirely on whatever you think is best for everyone in your home. Chlorohexidrine, I'm gargling 2 - 3x a day with that stuff.. hope it's working for the kids. Thank you sweetie for your good wishes on my implant, I have looked at it only once and so far so puss and it hurts but NOT like last year when truly I felt out of body..So glad you and Greg made your goal for this year and more Missy.. Team Missy&Greg! and butterfinger? I'm there girl... and Cherry is nothing to put down either! both look yummy Missy!!! The pictures of the kids are good, they are eating and seem to be happy! I cannot wait for this situation to end for you and Greg.. And goodness Missy, the girls ARE getting big and they are beautiful and leggy like their aunt.. and yes it feels like fall up here in Maine too, sun's going down earlier etc.. I'm with austina, how's the rash? OMG your AVC is gorgeous, I love AVC's, I would love to get another one! you tempt me... the setting is divine... as always you have GREAT taste. xoxoxoxoxoxo

@marcy Hi Marcy!!! how are you? I know I've said to you but I must say again, I love your pictures, I love where you live it's so natural and beautiful... how are the knees? Do you think that Marty will be able to eventually quit his job and do his gym full time? THAT would be awesome... hope the 'bit---s' at work are getting along and life is good for you at work! xoxoxo

@canuk-gal Hello! you must come and visit us in Texas when we are back there.. Chili rellanoes are my FAVORITE! sending a big hug and hi to you!! xoxoxo

@Calliecake Hey sweet lady, how are you? what is new.. between my surgery and my age I have a hard time keeping up here at times! sending you good and happy thoughts and a huge hug Callie xoxoxoxo

@AV_ I never liked marmalade when I was young but I do now, nothing like a good Thomas' toasted Engish Muffin with orange marmalade in the morning! how's your weather? any signs of fall? xoxoxo

@Slick1 Seriously SLick, you look perfect, your dress is stunning!!!!! it fits perfectly, I am so happy for you! you will have such a magical time, no matter how long our son's dated their wife and future wife, you do get a bit teary eyed, or I did in 17 when Mike and Cara got married.. it's magical.. so happy for them Slick.. and you and family too of course. Thank you about your kind words on this latest and LAST implant, in 24 hours I've not shown any sign of infection and pain has been manageable, but if it get's worse I have to go in. :) so your bro had FIVE implants done.. eeeeekkkk he's a good man. Your decisions can be delayed, just enjoy this beautiful fall coming andy your boys wedding.. as I said Slick you look stunning! xoxoxo

@junebug17 Hello lady! Everything good in the SC house? you experiencing this lovely fall weather we are having up here in Maine? sending you love and a huge hug June. xoxoxoxo

We have signed a contract with the real estate agent, now to get this place on the market, we need the side steps fixed as during the winter a big guy from the gas company stepped on the and broke off two pieces - finding help here in Maine is a non starter amost as kids leave here in droves for the big city - Boston!. Pain level today is about a 6-7 and ibuprofen is really helping plus I am washing with salt water rinses and the chlorohexedrine.. and taking the yucky clindamycin etc.. I should say this as Slick has had a lot more going on with her jaw but I am tired of infections and jaw problems and implant problems... oh well I will quit wanking and tell you all how much you guys mean to me to always have a friend who has to read what I say! o_O :) sending love to you all.

Kate

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Tekate I could eat my way thru Texas!!! Hope you are feeling better soon. Healing vibes across the miles.....

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'll bet those sweet kitties were very happy to be back home. It's nice to see them enjoying their food. :love: I hope the diffusers help Tommy relax; it's worth a try anyway. I'm sending love to them all and good thoughts and support to you and Greg. I saw the positive update on Oliver in the other thread and I'm really glad he's doing better. Your nieces really are turning into beautiful young ladies...inside and out <3

Just checked out your ring...gorgeous! :love: Bling is a wonderful distraction LOL.

@marcy, that cat meme is hysterical - It's true too haha. The article on Marty's gym is great.. good advertising too. Great way to get the word out. LOL to switching the headline!! Love the Snoopy poster in your gym. And LOL to "killer rabbits (don't) rule.

@Austina, sounds like things are really coming together. It's going to look amazing when you're done. Oh no to the mishaps but it's great they're being taken care of quickly. Good to hear that Pilates wasn't too bad, makes it easier to get back into it.

@AV_, I'm still dreaming of lemon jam...so much that I'm going to order some! I know it won't be as good as yours but I love all things lemon. I hope you're making progress on your draft.

@canuk-gal, gorgeous scenery! I just love those sailboats, beautiful.

@Tekate, hope you're not in too much pain and feeling better. XOX

@Slick1, you look stunning! That dress is fabulous on you. Did you ever decide on earrings? Sending good thoughts as you kick off the school year, I know it's a hectic time getting things underway.

we got home Monday night...I've been getting updates about SC...not too much flooding, the main issues are debris and downed trees and there's no electricity. Doesn't sound as bad as predicted, thank goodness.

Not much new here...just doing some things around the house and running a couple of errands. I had an eye appointment today and the doctor said my vision has improved a little since my last check-up...not sure how that's possible but I'll take it LOL.

Dh, ds, and I are going to Dallas this weekend to see a football game...I'm not a football fan so I'm just going along for the ride ha. We're leaving Saturday and coming home on Monday. It will be nice to spend a little time with ds...and dh of course :P2

Thinking of all the nirdis and wishing everyone well! XOX

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, we were posting at the same time...sending lots of healing vibes, take care of yourself and rest up. I hope your pain lessens soon (((hugs)))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I’m happy you are feeling a bit better today. You needed all that sleep so your body can heal. I hope it works and it’s smooth sailing from here..I send David so much stuff that I can’t remember what he has! This is the end though...He’s setting the Swiss blue topaz in my old setting..and also setting the very pale blue moissy in a new simple pendant...I’ll be looking for a higher quality gem for my old setting but the Swiss blue topaz was cut by Dana and it looks very sparkly. That setting is so low and gems are much deeper for the carat weight...which gave me a problem trying to get the same width but less depth. I know there’s something out there...I think I may venture over to a denim blue sapphire...or maybe stick with an aquamarine. I’ll probabaly find one that’s the opposite of what I think I want. I wrestled with a warm diamond too but keep going back to a gemstone. I just bought a little blue topaz cherry pendant from Ruby Lane. It was so adorable..so I had to get it.
C4B4E649-4FDC-4E93-A95B-FB7DCF3CB38C.jpeg

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, sunrises and mountains are both great views in the morning. I do catch sunrises except for a few months in the summer.

Missy, I generally am up to see the sunrise. I am glad you get to enjoy so many of them as well. I thought the laughing kitties cartoon was pretty cute. I think I know what I’m doing the next time i lift, we will see. No matter what weights I am supposed to lift, I was still lifting. I always enjoy your photos and hearing about your day. I hope you got your ring today and am anxious to hear what you think of it. I like to see the kitties are eating. Your nieces are adorable and how fun to be ready to go back to school. Mmm ice cream.

Mamabean, you deserve to sleep in on the weekends. I try but Marty is such an early riser anymore I still wake up. Maybe we can both sleep in this weekend.

Austina, I can totally see our sweet furbabies getting comfy on the furniture. I hope Marty’s open house goes well. He is getting calls already from people and wouldn’t you know it - his job all of a sudden wants him to travel again. Darn that your picture was damaged; you are still making progress though. I bet you are anxious to get everything.

I came home, did dishes and then made supper (gravy, leftover steak and noodles). I thought this smells funny and looks different. I checked the gravy package and oops it was turkey gravy. Although it only contained turkey powder and turkey broth I am glad I noticed - I am very allergic to turkey. I told Marty it was almost death by gravy. I threw it all out and went and bought myself a sandwich at Arby’s.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, another page of NIRDI posts!

Missy, your ring is gorgeous. I thought the minute I saw it you are going to want to set your beautiful Bubbalah in a solitaire. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Sharon, nice that you got in a long ride today. Your lunch sounds delicious.

Kate, nice to having sparkling clean windows. How is Ever? Sparkling away? I am good, thank you. How are you doing? I hate to hear your pain is around 6-7 and hope it gets better each day. My knees are talking to me today but I am determined to work on lifting and see if they can at least become more tolerable and useful. I am glad you like my sunrise photos; it’s the first thing I do in the morning is look out the window. I don’t see how Marty can make enough money with his gym to replace his day job but never say never, right? He is getting all sorts of calls for people that are interested. It’s kind of quiet at one; one of my problem children is on vacation this week and then the other one is gone next week. Score! How exciting you signed a contract with a real estate agent. Progress.

Junebug, I am still amused by my doctored headline. Marty is pretty excited with people contacting him about his gym. I hope he picks up some new clients. It looks promising that so far the east coast hasn’t suffered as much damage as was predicted. It is very scary though. That’s great your eyes have improved. Have a great time in Dallas.

Mamabean, very pretty pendant.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I am a fan of lemon so glad you got some marmalade made. My little gym is in an unfinished part of our basement so definitely vary bare bones in there. Marty added a Snoopy flag for me though which brightened it up. I am still chuckling about that other title with Marty’s picture. Everything that grows there sounds tasty.

Missy, I guess I’ve been doing things wrong on my lifting. I was doing 2 sets of 5 as warm ups then 3 sets of 5 with the weights. Marty told me to start adding weight every time so I did my 3 last sets adding a bit more weight each time; come to find out he meant to keep adding more weight each time on my 3 sets of 5. I don’t speak lifting lingo. Not that what I was doing is awful but I’ll have to adjust my methods. It was a very nice article on him. I hope you local doctor can help you; I have a box of topical steroids my dad had for his multiple rashes but haven’t cracked any of them open. I used to use them on my hands when I worked around photo finishing chemicals and yes I think they just made things worse. Sorry it is so itchy; that is so miserable. I am glad you enjoy my pictures; I always love seeing yours too. It’s fun to see all the places us NIRDI’s live and visit. Hopefully you have several months of decent weather for cycling. Both of your dishes of ice cream look fabulous and Oliver is a cutie.

Mamabean, that is so cute and sweet about Jackson calling you and cooking for you. Too fun. I hate to hear Chris brings the drama on himself; that has to be rough for you. You do have a lot of jewelry projects in the works; I am looking forward to the pictures.

Kate, I hope your implant is doing well and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Austina, I read somewhere that if you dust with fabric softener sheets it keeps dust away longer. I always think my place is clean until you see the sunlight streaming in and you see particles everywhere. Out comes the swifter. I doubt Marty’s gym will generate enough money to make up for his day job; I am sure he’d be thrilled if it did though. He has got some calls and appointments since his article came out. I hope he gets some new clients with his open house this weekend. Glad you aren’t too achy today. Darn that you had to iron the cushions and drapes; I am so unskilled at that they would look worse when I am done. That is nice Wayfair has such good customer service. Yay for another cruise.

Hi Blingdream!

Sharon, great picture.

Slick1, you’ll be fine doing a reading at the wedding. Your dress looks fabulous. So we are lifting buddies? Sweet.

We had another gorgeous sunrise today. Work continues to be a soap opera and this afternoon you could hear me saying “I Love my car, I Love my car”. I like things so I’ll keep going back for more.

Marty was at his gym so we met for supper. He TV interview should air Friday morning.

I met a friend for lunch so ate more than normal then had supper so I am still full and I didn’t like lifting on a full stomach. I’ll know better next time. I ordered a filet but it was way too raw for me and I sent it back. I filled up on bread and my baked potato so I only ate about 1/4 of my filet then I went off and left the box on the table. Phooey. That was lunch for tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

My New flag in my gym
IMG_0735.JPG

The sunrise this morning
IMG_0733.JPG

Hi Marcy! Congratulations to your husband on opening up a gym. That is so exciting. I love hearing about your day, you are inspiring on chores and great to hear of the delicious meals you enjoy. This group is wonderful and I appreciate being included. You are all classy ladies with a love for bling! Right up my alley :D

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Marty's launch sounds as it should!
I am surprised that lifting has this mellow side. I must have mentioned some time at the beginning of the year that I needed to start some semblance of exercise or else, and I have, and it certainly did me good; perhaps this is the best of training - getting from less than life demands to a little more.
Then, I doubt I will ever get more than one client at a time - the work is not much less than a thesis for each of them & I only have one life.

... I might just want one in a diamond.

I love its size on your hand - the length of the stone is near the width of your finger & somehow this looks right to me for short rectangular shapes. I have no doubt that you will end up with another diamond. It will be fun setting an AVR and your Bubbalah at once.

And as for ice cream when you visit we will indulge you with more ice cream than you could possibly hope for. Stuff dreams are made of.

You'd have to marry me for a US visa ,) - no joke. I have one of those odd European passports that still need the stamp. The several I've had already, came with university backing - each a very serious surprise; I have one such stunt (more than a dream) on my 'To Do' list this time & everything flies through NY, of course.

@AV_ I never liked marmalade when I was young but I do now, nothing like a good Thomas' toasted Engish Muffin with orange marmalade in the morning! how's your weather? any signs of fall?
Not much fall here - it goes from over 30ºC at mid day to around 15ºC at night, and there will not be much change until mid October, then things cool down to the 10ºC-s and there is heavy morning mist and a little rain, which turns the land from yellow to green for once; almond trees start flowering at Christmas along with many other things. Autumn colours are Not a local institution (there will be chestnuts & squash & wild mushrooms with the rains, at least). All in all, I like Spring - so just as well that it lasts from October to May.
Now that you mention, I could skip icecream for breakfast a few (dozen) times for good reason .) I need to be baking something today (can you tell this is my thing...)
_

Not sure why am I waking up with the roosters, so be it. Mornings are quiet... & I am just getting itchy for a break by the time things start up in the village square (so I can go get a proper coffee) - around 11am.

@canuk-gal I hear you about chile rellenos - they sure are thought of as local, one of the good things I haven't got used to yet (bacalao in a small red pepper! Uh... YUM!)

on with the day

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. It's Friyay. And let's hope it lives up to its name.

@junebug17 have a wonderful time in Dallas with your dh and ds. Yay for your vision improving. And so relieved your home in SC is A OK. All good news and so pleased for you. Thank you for the lovely compliments re my nieces and thank you for the continued good wishes for our cats. Yes bling is a nice distraction. For a moment or two. Let's hope I get to the point I need no more such distractions and that the cats get well soon and that Fred also makes a complete recovery. We are worried sick over him. I really have no clue how this is going to end Junie and truth be told I am scared. Anyway enough doom and gloom from me. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy being with your 2 favorite men!

@Tekate aww Kate the Great and sweet and wise. Thank you my dear for all your wonderful and warm words. Glad you are doing OK re your implant and fingers crossed that continues and that you heal fully and quickly and as painlessly as possible. Thank you for the lovely compliments re my nieces and they are beautiful inside and out I agree. Amazing kids really. They have been donating their hair to charities since they were old enough to grow their hair long and they love animals with such caring and compassion and they are really good kids. Not having kids of our own we might adore them even more than if we did have our own and we are very proud of them both. And they are also super smart. They get that from my sister. And her dh as he is pretty smart too.

We have signed a contract with the real estate agent, now to get this place on the market, we need the side steps fixed as during the winter a big guy from the gas company stepped on the and broke off two pieces - finding help here in Maine is a non starter amost as kids leave here in droves for the big city - Boston!. Pain level today is about a 6-7 and ibuprofen is really helping plus I am washing with salt water rinses and the chlorohexedrine.. and taking the yucky clindamycin etc.. I should say this as Slick has had a lot more going on with her jaw but I am tired of infections and jaw problems and implant problems... oh well I will quit wanking and tell you all how much you guys mean to me to always have a friend who has to read what I say! o_O :) sending love to you all.

Congrats on signing the contract with the RE agent and good luck with the sale. Sending you lots of home sale dust. I am sorry your pain level is almost a 7 that sucks. I am glad Ibuprofen is helping as is the salt water rinse with chlorhexidine. I pray no infection or jaw problems occur and that your healing goes smoothly this time. You mean so much to us too Kate dear. And know I always read what you write always. Even if I may not comment. Sending you lots of love and hugs and healing dust.

Speaking of healing dust @Slick1 thinking of you and hoping you are feeling well. I know you look beautiful and hope that means you are also feeling beautiful. You are going to be a gorgeous MOG and what a happy occasion to celebrate. Sending you hugs and love and glad you are enjoying the kids you have this year in school. Hoping their parents are just as nice.

Missy, your ring is gorgeous. I thought the minute I saw it you are going to want to set your beautiful Bubbalah in a solitaire. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Aww thank you dear @marcy. You know me very well what can I say. Solitaires are my first and favorite setting and remain close to my heart. Now I just need to get some time and energy to dive into that project. First things first and kitties care takes precedence but I hope one day I can take that project on. Thanks for the good wishes on my appointment. I am nervous because I have a feeling he won't know and will Rx you know what. If he doesn't know I think I will ask for Elidel or Protopic since I already have and am using Eucrisa. I am also applying expired Elidel because hey the expiration date is just an approximation right? It's only a year plus expired after all.:tongue:

Wow lucky you caught it was turkey gravy. You probably shouldn't even have it in the house since you are allergic. Glad Arby's rescued the day and meal.
Woohoo it's Friday Marcy. The weekend and respite from work is almost here. Enjoy.

@bling_dream19 we are so glad you are here and please feel free to dive right in. This group of lovely ladies is welcoming and warm.

You'd have to marry me for a US visa ,) - no joke. I have one of those odd European passports that still need the stamp. The several I've had already, came with university backing - each a very serious surprise; I have one such stunt (more than a dream) on my 'To Do' list this time & everything flies through NY, of course.

Haha the good thing is that would be A OK and legal here...marrying you. Well not while I am still married to Greg but you kwim. I might have some single men friends though...:Up_to_something:
And yes (almost) everything does fly through NY 8)

Not sure why am I waking up with the roosters, so be it. Mornings are quiet... & I am just getting itchy for a break by the time things start up in the village square (so I can go get a proper coffee) - around 11am.

To keep me and the roosters company perhaps? But I still think we get up a bit earlier than you...around 3:30 AM every single morning or shall we call that evening?

I just bought a little blue topaz cherry pendant from Ruby Lane. It was so adorable..so I had to get it.

Ooh how sweet that pendant is. Love it Joanne. You're a girl after my own heart. See it, love it, get it. You go girl.:sun:

I could eat my way thru Texas!!!

Haha me too Sharon, me too. I know one cannot tell by looking at me (especially now) but I have a great appetite and I love to eat generally. Just ask Greg as I can eat him under the table most days.:P2
Nice job on the cycling and hope you get to enjoy more of that. Have a great weekend.

We had a good cycling day yesterday and hit 5200 miles on the bike for the season so far.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 5.29.39 AM.png

Not sure we will be able to reach 6000 miles as the weather is changing already and today is stormy so not going to ride plus we have lots to do including my dermatology appt with a local derm. And then running errands and such so it's a perfect rainy stormy day for that kind of thing but I am already missing our riding oh well. And no Days Ice Cream today either. Speaking of Days here was our serving yesterday. Yummmmmm.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 5.27.48 AM.png
Greg had caramel salted pretzel and I got the non dairy cherry again.

@Tekate I love butterfinger too but it has gluten in it so I couldn't have even a taste of Greg's the other day. Luckily Dave looks out for me and warns me when I want to get something that has an ingredient I cannot tolerate. He's a good guy.

Anyway on with the day. I hope all you lovely ladies have a wonderful and fun Friday. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at this yummy profile. I am in love with this setting (and stone). It's delicious. Chunky monkey and yummy yummy.

profileofavc.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting for dermatologist

Typical office lighting.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sending hellos! to you @bling_dream19 I am honored you think I am classy! as the rest of our NIRDI's are very classy, but I have found they are wonderful humans, I feel very lucky to have found the NIRDI's, so I am very glad you are here.. Welcome etc! It's always wonderful to meet new bling lovers and good people!

Kate

Hi Marcy! Congratulations to your husband on opening up a gym. That is so exciting. I love hearing about your day, you are inspiring on chores and great to hear of the delicious meals you enjoy. This group is wonderful and I appreciate being included. You are all classy ladies with a love for bling! Right up my alley :D

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is huge Missy! I think as a the spare to the heir (Bubbalah!) it is wonderful, how did the derm go? it's bling! I looked at a lot of moissy at @mrs-b's party last year and I was impressed with the quality and bling and almost bought one then I saw David Klass and Amy and fell in love with the sweet sapphire and diamond little ring.. and I LOVE the cut of the AVC, beautiful.. xo

Waiting for dermatologist

Typical office lighting.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Missy the Marvelous! Mighty Missy, my friend, Missy. Thank you for your words you know it made me tear up, I feel sad that you are afraid, I want Fred to be fine, and having skin problems myself since like age 4 I feel for you, believe me.. I can walk in the backyard and end up itching on the other side, ugh. I was thinking maybe OTC cortisone may help you? I use it when nothing else works. But I have to say lately I have been burning my hands ha! I'm too old to cook. Getting read for the sale is a bitch. AND I'm leaving John for 2 months end of the month to get this all ready and HIS idea of clean isn't mine.. but I can't back out of taking care of Autumn, nope altho I think he wishes I would. I'm going to be back in December (jeeze Louise time passes so damn quickly) and I will be coming down to he city to see Chris and either stay with Dan if they let me (now with 4 kids and a live in nanny and Anne working and Danny I don't know what he's doing, even my BIL hasn't been that welcome, Anne is high strung, of course one doesn't become an olympic medalist by being easy peasy I guess).. last two times we went down we stayed in hotels near Chris or Kate (jeeze Louise again, it's 300 a night and all the hotels are Hasidic which is fine but their kids are noisy! :) ) so hopefully by December things will improve and we can meet up for coffee, tea whatever and you can meet Chris and John and maybe Danny and en famile who knows, they go up to the Catskills on weekends to their other house.. Anne has the older girls almost full time which I am SURE is upsetting the apple cart, wicked step mothers I hear, I'll tell you when I see you, God step parents etc, divorces that are unfinished mentally, all crazy shit).. :) I guess I am extemporaneously writing here, I will stop.

How's Greg? tell him I said HOLA!! and when we get to Atown you and he will come and visit us and Austina if she moves.. we wil have loads of fun.

sending you my heart girl. PLEASE remember marvelous Missy and her health.

ETA: I started this whole post to say Missy that when I was child free all the years b4 my boys, I loved Katie and Danny and Tara (my brother's daughter the wedding one) like my own, and Missy that never changed, never ever, I refer to Kate and Danny as my Brooklyn kids when I speak of Chris and and why I'm going to the city: "to see my Brooklyn kids". I feel the same love for all of them, the great thing about people like you is that you have SO MUCH room to love, your nieces love you and you love them and HOW lucky they are to have you and Greg, I believe this, giving birth is simple (albeit I didn't like it that much hahah!) but that isn't what a mother is, a mother is loving, caring, giving, strong, weak, and all the things you and Greg are to you nieces, don't forget that ever, you very important to them I'll bet.. lucky you, furkids, niece kids, friends, a good life indeed.

xoxo

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As soon as we are there @canuk-gal Sharon, you must come down! seriously, hang in the pool and miss a few days of winter weather which I will miss. Yup Texas is the land of TEX-MEX food, there is this GREAT place in Austin called El Dorado, their food is damn good.. hopefully you will think eventually on a visit once we build, doors always open for my friends. :)

HI:

@Tekate I could eat my way thru Texas!!! Hope you are feeling better soon. Healing vibes across the miles.....

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy I know what you mean! EEEK another page, how did I miss it :) :) EVER is gorgeous, I love her.. so far I've not gotten DSS or resetSS ;-) but who knows.. now that John understand WF's upgrade who knows, but to go to 4 carats is 30K more hahahaha I don't see THAT ever happening, but I feel so lucky to have this ring, my dream stone (okay I'd like a G color but hey any tint I see is only in colored walls and jeez I spent more than I ever thought imagineable on a rock). :) thank you for all your kind words Marcy, it means a lot to me, I think this latest implant is enough and today I took a vicodin early (it's 5mg not tons but enough to take off the top of the pain).. it makes me fee so much for Slick, anything in our mouths hurts. I hope Marty can eventually have the gym as his full time career, it is so wonderful to actually do something in life that we like and make money at it. I told both m son's growing, find something you like to do in life and try to make money at it, and I think they did, that makes life much more meaningful when one has to get up and trudge in to work in snow and 100+ heat. Glad your problem girls are going to be in and out and behaving! have a wonderful weekend Marcy girl! xoxo

Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 Hello June! you are going to Dallas! Dallas is huge, I enjoy going there. Have fun girl. I'm not in too much pain June, and thank you for your kind words. SO GLAD your SC house is AOK! I think Dorian was much hyped but then again, what happens if it turned and rolled over the south man it would have bene horrible, so I would rather be safe than sorry! safe trip and have fun dear June!! xoxo

@Mamabean you too are a marvleous Mamabean! thank you so much Joanne for your kind words to me.. they mean a lot, I hope I make you feel happy too, you have a wonderful family and gorgeous bling and your DGS is adorable, you have a hectic life and you are marvelous at it... Joanne I LOVE Topaz, I'm going to take a pix of my topaz pendant right now and post it, I wear most of all usually, I got it when the ex ******* and I divorced, it made me happy, it's not high and the little diamonds are easily IIII1245 I mean they are horrible, but it has huge sentimental value to me and last time I saw Mike he complimented me on it, I asked if Cara wanted it as I would be happy to give it to her if she loved but he said he just wanted me to know it was lovely. Love our kids and our furkids.!! xoxoxo

@missy forgot to say b4, Solitaires almost my first and last love, I respect and love halo's but always a solitaire for me.. some of the halos and cool settings are spectacular, I love looking at them btw... xoxo

okay gonna upload a pix of my pendant, not a good pix but it's dreary here today and i'm tired :) 2nd is me yesterday morning I feel and look better than that, but am stlll swollen fer sure!

love to the NIRDI's I have to continue to read AV's stuff etc.. to reply to everyone :)

katepain.jpg topaz.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

BlingDream19. Thank you for listening my what I consider my every day; mundane life. Marty is very excited about his gym. This is a great group of ladies and yes we all love bling.

AV, Marty picked up power bars, protein shake and bags of almonds for snacks tomorrow. I made peanut butter cookies (PB has protein) to take. He printed out some great looking flyers but sucked all of the yellow out of our laser printer. Luckily we have one downstairs he could use to finish them. I am glad you are finding exercise makes a difference. Yes, you do have to work to get more from life. It’s worth it. You weather year round sounds great to me and it seems so lush compared to desolate Wyoming. Cool.

Missy, hugs to you being so worried about how ringwormgate turns out. I am sending mega dust you are over the worst of it. Hang in there and know I care. I am with you on solitaires for beautiful diamonds - I want that diamond to be the center of attention. I know it is totally personal preference and all settings are beautiful. I have used many prescription creams and ointments past their date and they worked fine. I would believe your Elidel is fine. You pay enough or those things. I picked up 4 packages of gravy out of the brown gravy box in the store so that is how turkey gravy ended up in our cupboard. I won’t make that mistake again. 5200 miles - woo hoo - that is awesome. The close up of your ring looks amazing and the video shows what a sparkler it is; the diamond looks huge on your finger too.

Kate, I would be leary leaving our house to Marty to keep clean. The minute he leaves town for a trip somewhere I am cleaning and picking things up and enjoy no messes while he is gone. I miss him of course but like the picked up house. It’s good to see the NIRDI thread is so busy but I do miss the next page too many times. I am so glad you are loving Ever, how could you not? You never know about an upgrade sometime. I keep toying with getting a new setting. Marty always suggests I buy another Tiffany Etoile band and have my diamond mounted on it. That appeals to me. I also would be interested in a thick (4-5mm) solitaire band. But I can’t say I am unhappy with my current setting. I did look to see how large I could go on an upgrade and not spend much more; I could go from a 1.5 to 1.8 which would be noticeable in size but I am quite happy with my 1.5 carat. This diamond is very sentimental to me so I doubt I would ever upgrade it, but never say never, eh? I am glad your implant is doing well. Marty booked 3 new clients today; they are some ladies he worked with when he was in the guard. Big hugs to you; you do look swollen. I hope you feel better each day. Very pretty necklace.

We had rain tonight and a fabulous lightning storm. I could see if through the little window in the door so shut off all the lights and watched it from the living room. I wasn’t brave enough to go outside and get a video.

Marty is busy packing up things for his grand opening tomorrow.

I made PB cookies tonight and had to test them of course. I have a big tub I’ll take down to the grand opening tomorrow.

I won a ring on FB for naming a new ring design by Chris Ploof. I believe it’s stainless steel with a very cool design in it. I suggested aurora; which I guess 3 of us did so all 3 of us are getting a ring. I ordered it for Marty. See pic below.

Take care.
Marcy
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.11.11 PM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good morning NIRDi! (as applicable)

@marcy
You mention quite a few things dear to me:
#almonds - They certainly are the top snack in this house. Besides, now is the time of the year when they are dripping ripen off the trees (one in my backyard) which are everywhere - wild or owned, so I am going for the wild nones often (the latest picture). Funnily - one way or another, it is almost impossible to buy almonds, but almond butter/toffee/milk/icecream/etc.
#steel with complicated grain patterns - I hope Marty likes the ring, I certainly do.
#Etoile bands & any wide band rings ... of course... I hope you can find an Etoile setting rather than modify a band, unless the diamonds are indeed arranged on the bands to fit around an inserted bezel. Couldn't anyone make one with a constellation pattern? (I am not sure how those fit)
#keeping track of NIRDI - I cannot, obviously. I read everything & then, I do not really have so much to say about many things! It isn't that in life I keep talking unasked, so I hope I am getting away with mostly answering mentions ... but I am NOT sure I do! (half joking)

I am really just getting a grip on work, there is a serious pile to deal with if I ever want a decent break over the winter holidays (sure do!).

Best wishes for the opening! - it must not go without saying. IMHO, the customers you mention are the best kind - the kind & curious & best witnesses for word of mouth too. It is obvious that the gym already is a place where people feel great & what more to ask for!

-

@Tekate I've been using little iced jars on my right jaw for a couple of days now, until caving to the need to meet a nice local dentist who understands about half of what I am saying. DARN!

-

@missy
I know that you are not in earring buying mode, but some cluster earrings seem worth seeing anyway - WWW They do resemble one of your pairs, maybe, what do I know.. (random thought, of anythign but RW!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday to you all.

@Tekate I always tear up (in a good way) reading all the lovely things you write and all the warm generous wishes you share. I feel so lucky to have you as a friend. Thank you dear Kate. Your ring is incredible. No upgrade needed and I don't always say that haha. Tell John he did good. And you and John are an amazing loving couple and you have a wonderful family Kate the Great. It lives up to your title in every way. And of course we will get together when life calms down for the both of us. I look forward to it very much. I would love to meet the entire family haha. Not kidding. If they are anything like you (and I know they are) it would be a huge treat. And thank you for your kind words. Your family is super lucky to have you in their lives. You give your heart freely and generously and not many people have that gift Kate. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos of Autie and of your bling and of you. You are beautiful inside and out Kate. I told Greg hola and he says hola back and sends his love and hugs too. XOXO from the both of us Kate the Great and sweet and kind. How is your mouth feeling today Kate? Sending you continued bucketloads of healing dust.

@missy I know that you are not in earring buying mode, but some cluster earrings seem worth seeing anyway - WWW They do resemble one of your pairs, maybe, what do I know.. (random thought, of anythign but RW!)

Aww thank you for thinking of me and yes I saw those. They do resemble a few pairs I already have but what I don't love about the IG earrings (and I love XO's stuff I do) are that they are little diamonds and the center is small compared to the halo so the proportion of it isn't as pleasing to my eye as the pairs I already have. I appreciate you thinking of me and you are right. Any distraction is welcome though my pocketbook cannot handle any more unexpected hits veterinarian or bling wise. But we will do what is necessary. Sending you big hugs.

What's on your weekend schedule @AV_?

@marcy ooh I love that ring. Congrats again! So happy for you.:appl: That is going to look fantastic on your hand. It's beautiful.:love:

Hope you enjoyed the rain and lightning show last night. I always enjoy it as long as there is no power loss or danger to anyone. So basically not. LOL. Good luck at Marty's grand opening. And did you say PB cookies. Yummmm. And yes please. Send them to us at the beach house. Pretty please.

Thank you always for being so supportive and caring and encouraging Marcy. Words cannot properly express how much I appreciate you. True blue through it all. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 enjoy a great weekend and hope the rest of your first week back with the kids went very well. And that the parents are nice too. XOXO.

Hi @junebug17, @canuk-gal, @Austina, @bling_dream19 and anyone else I might have missed. Hope everyone is off to a happy Caturday Saturday. We are going to start cleaning the house soon (joy) and then off riding (true joy). It is still dark out. The days are much shorter already. Dark earlier in the evening and later in the morning. I feel winter is on the way...

Yesterday the derm diagnosed eczema and gave me an RX for Elidel (already applying that) and Protopic. He isn't a fan of Eucrisa as he feels it doesn't do anything. Let's hope our diagnosis of eczema is right and that it starts responding soon to the topical meds. Then we ran errands to Costco and the supermarket and pet store to get brushes to brush the cats since we cannot share them between cats anymore and need to disinfect thoroughly between each use. We haven't been brushing them (so as not to spread the spores) but now it is time to help the hair loss and hopefully the spores are not active. But who knows.

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 6.00.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 6.00.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 6.00.46 AM.png

The Feliway arrived yesterday and hopefully it can calm the kitties down. Fred is very constipated but I gave him pumpkin and he ate it and he finally had a BM (on the floor in the DR and kitchen but he's been going out of the litter box before this anyway). LOL I cannot believe I am talking about BMs on PS but hey you girls understand. It's like having 4 babies but they're cats and not humans.

Have a great Caturday Saturday lovely ladies and sending you all (((hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy No schedule for me this weekend. I have not taken my head out of work since August 15, and it is about time. There are a few little happy things to do, as ever, but all I crave is Twitter & watching the clouds.
The reasons why you do not like the earrings (noted) are the reasons why I noticed them; taste is mysterious...
The little signs of impending normalcy in your post (brushing!) sound like Heaven!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results