shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I believe in signs too Missy, totally. I LOVE the picture, it's lovely, and has meaning! You are overdoing the biking.. I know you are a big girl, but I am on the OLDER side of our millenial years young lady. xoxoxo but your mileage this year is great! thank you for the beautiful pictures, Oliver is a minx.. it's like "mom had a baby when we were teenagers" and "now he's a pain in the butt" :) it's lovely. I know what you mean about keeping your endocrinologist, we may not always like our physician(s) but if they act compentently and we have a rapport - then it works. I have read that our heat wave is ending by tomorrow, I'm ready, we had a heat index of 101F and out thermometer outside read 95F, that is amazing, used to be that it never really got over 78F here in Maine, sad times. :( the lobsters are migrating to northern Atlantic waters (Canada), it will be a real lost of the Mainers who make their living by lobster catching. Hope you had a peaceful day with the furkids and Greg sending love your way as always (((MISSY)))!!

@Austina beautiful picture of your and and Kim's rings! At this time, we are looking at Liberty Hill, Leander, I like Lago Vista more than John does. Our requirement is a bungalow/one story home, nothing else unless absolutely necessary. My bestie Kath thinks it's better to buy south as homes are cheaper and it's not quite as booming but I am much more familar with the north. Not sure of anything yet. We shall see if the tile company comes back with a bid or bags it, it's hit or miss these days to find good tradespeople around here. How the the phone call go? I hope well. Hope you don't have the heatwave we had here, it's miserable. Sending cool and happy vibes to you Austina! xoxo

@marcy Hope your article is tweaked and ready to go. Sleeping till 7, always a luxury when I worked. I hope we get your thunderstorms, we need rain for our grass. Have a wonderful week Marcy, sending happy dust to your employees! and sending a big xoxoxo to you!

@junebug17 your pear is wonderful! man I could never paint a pear or anything else, you and @Jimmianne are talented! My gift has always been the gift of gab! ;-) Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday with your DH and sending you happy dust for this week! xoxoxo

@Scandinavian so ch going on in your life Scandi.. it's lovely that your DH cares Scandi, he's a keepah! I hope your mother fares well, I've seen people go through chemo and it can be very very tiring and stressful. Sending your mom tons of healing dust Scandi, sometimes we are bubbling underneath and don't even know it, I sincerely hope all goes well this week. xoxoxo

@Calliecake how did your visit go? How are you feeling Callie? hope this week is great for you girlie! xoxoxo

@AV_ how are things progressing? xoxo

@Mamabean ring coming tomorrow?

@Slick1 Have a wonderful week!

sending happy thoughts to everyone..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. It's funday Monday.
And the heat wave (at least for many of us) has broken woohoo. Though rain is on the way. We are hoping to get in some cycling this morning before the thunderstorms start up here. And this afternoon Oliver has an appointment for some of his necessary vaccinations. We had to put them off since he was ill but now we must get them done. Hope he tolerates them well.

@missy, the pic of Oliver hopping on Tommy made me smile! Oliver is definitely raring to go. He is adorable! :love: I bet he settles down as he gets a little older. I can see why you'd feel badly for both of them at times but OTOH the older kitties seem to be tolerating him fairly well and hopefully they'll all adjust at some point! It's wonderful they are all stabilized and eating and drinking well. Your sunrise pics are so gorgeous...you have such a good eye and take the most beautiful pictures. :love: It's great you and Greg were able to get out early to cycle and avoid the worst of this heat. I'm sorry about the doctor's poor communication and I hope you have a chance to talk to him soon.

Omg, I got choked up when I saw that painting...I can't believe how much it resembles Oliver and Francesca...it is beautiful and has new meaning now. I believe in signs too. Xoxoxoxo

Not much going on here this weekend...I ventured out to the gym and the grocery store yesterday, and dh and I went out to eat. Today I made it to the gym and that was it for going out... dh and I watched golf and hung around the house.

Here is my practice pear lol...it gave me something to do during this heat wave - Although actually I have plenty to do around this house, I just don't feel like doing any of it :P2
F5BB1B88-D4FD-468C-9A31-32CCC9D7BBF8.jpeg

Wow, Junie, your pear is pear-lcious and pear-remarkable and just gorgeous. I am not just saying that. I think it is pearmazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. You are super talented Junie. Seriously if we could ever commission you to make a painting of our four kitties I would love to. From a photo of course. Francesca, Bobby, Tommy and Fred. Anyway thank you for sharing this with us. It is incredible.

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. Sometimes I get lucky when I take photos with the iPhone. Oliver just climbed on me lol and is making me mistype. What a rascal. He woke us at 4AM which is late for me. ::) Nice you made it to the gym and it sounds like a perfect weekend. (((Hugs))).

I love it @missy! I do believe in signs..

Thank you Joanne. How was the rest of your weekend and what bling is coming today? OMG cannot wait.:appl:XOXO.

Missy, I am glad to hear the kitties are all eating. That’s a relief. Woo hoo to hitting the 3000 mile mark this year on your bike. I am glad to hear you are out beating the heat to get your bike rides in early. Marty would probably have taken off in the dark; he has insomnia pretty bad - kind of like it sounds you do too. That’s exactly right the mosquitos like you because you are sweet. I must be only 1/2 sweet because they seem to prefer the left side of my body over the right. Go figure. Since the doctor emailed you late Thursday I hope it’s just that he had something come up Friday and simply didn’t get to it. I can’t imagine you did anything to offend him. Maybe if you don’t hear from him tomorrow just follow up with an email to him again. Gorgeous sunrise photos. Too cute about Ollie trying to play with his brothers. That picture is perfect for Francesca and Oliver.

Thank you Marcy. LOL yes I agree. We are too sweet. But ROFLMAO reading what you wrote about being 1/2 sweet because the mosquitoes prefer your left side. Bwahahaha Marcy you are all sweet. Those mosquitoes must be manic depressive. :lol-2:

I crack myself up . . .

Marty is rather bored at the training class for his certification. He sent me a text that said "blah, blah, blah . . . " to which I responded "smile and get your certificate". He responded "I'm trying". Of course since he left himself wide open there I had to respond "Yes, you are trying - but that's not important right now." :lol: My poor teddy bears are going to pay for that one.

LOL yup, watch out marcy. I think those teddy bears are in need of protection for a while.:cheeky:

I slept until 7 this morning. What a treat. I am working on laundry still, picked off dead flowers and plan on finishing a book today. We had torrential rain last night that really beat down our flowers. More severe thunderstorms are expected tonight. I am making myself some mini pizza today for lunch and the freezer. I need to proof and tweak my August article and get that sent off.

That is sweet. Sleeping til 7AM. Cannot remember last time I was able to sleep that late. You deserve it Marcy. Stay safe with those thunderstorms. I am not a fan though Greg enjoys them as they are beautiful on the water. They just scare me with knowing the ferals are outside and knowing what havoc thunder can wreak. Nice that you are almost done with your August article. Hope you are having sweet dreams right now. (((Hugs))).

Good morning @AV_ how was your weekend? Any new developments? I hope you had a lovely day yesterday and are sleeping well and waking refreshed. Makes a big difference in the day how one sleeps at night. What is going on for you this week? Can't believe Monday is here already. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 how are you doing sweetie? Hope you are enjoying and doing well. XOXO

@Scandinavian more hugs and healing thoughts being sent your way and to your mom. (((Hugs))).

@missy I believe in signs too Missy, totally. I LOVE the picture, it's lovely, and has meaning! You are overdoing the biking.. I know you are a big girl, but I am on the OLDER side of our millenial years young lady. xoxoxo but your mileage this year is great! thank you for the beautiful pictures, Oliver is a minx.. it's like "mom had a baby when we were teenagers" and "now he's a pain in the butt" :) it's lovely. I know what you mean about keeping your endocrinologist, we may not always like our physician(s) but if they act compentently and we have a rapport - then it works. I have read that our heat wave is ending by tomorrow, I'm ready, we had a heat index of 101F and out thermometer outside read 95F, that is amazing, used to be that it never really got over 78F here in Maine, sad times. :( the lobsters are migrating to northern Atlantic waters (Canada), it will be a real lost of the Mainers who make their living by lobster catching. Hope you had a peaceful day with the furkids and Greg sending love your way as always (((MISSY)))!!

Aww thank you Kate. You are (of course being Kate the wise and not just the great) right and I know it. I just have so much pent up angst and energy and need to get it out. I won't go on and on about why but you know why and I feel like a baby crying about Francesca still. But darn it. We miss her so much. Words cannot express how much we do and the pain we are in and I know death is a part of life and have experienced losses before but for some reason this hurts with an intensity that is not (yet) letting up. Thank you sweet Kate for listening and understanding and letting me wax on about it.

Oh no about the Lobsters and the heat but while I know the people who make their living by catching lobsters matter too I feel badly about anyone killing those sweet lobsters. I cannot eat lobster or crab anymore because I feel it is cruel but I know to each his own and I don't judge those who eat lobster. I only judge those who wear fur but don't get me started on that. That makes me very angry and sad.:(

How was the rest of your weekend? We had a good albeit shorter ride yesterday but managed 50 miles so probably too far in the heat wave. But we got started very early so it worked out. And we were home by 10AM. Sending you big (((hugs))).

So as I wrote to Kate we did have a good ride yesterday and were home early so had the whole day left when we got home. We ran some errands and I bought some frames for Frankie photos. Which we are going to hang as soon as all the 8 by 10 photos arrive. The Amazon order came Saturday and we have 2 new photo albums. They are purrrrrfect. So I spent more time gathering photos and deciding where things will go for display. Bittersweet indeed. Missing our baby.:cry2:

Our car thermostat showed the actual temp yesterday was 100 degrees.

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.44.17 AM.png

Oliver "attacking" Tommy.
Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.46.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.45.46 AM.png

And an uncharacteristically quiet moment on me. Or should I write quiet meowment.:bigsmile:
Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.46.45 AM.png

Sunset yesterday
Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.47.45 AM.png

Sunrise just now (pantascopic function on phone so squished together for better perspective)

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.48.55 AM.png

OK that is enough photos for now. Have a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. (((Hugs))).

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I crack myself up . . .

Marty is rather bored at the training class for his certification. He sent me a text that said "blah, blah, blah . . . " to which I responded "smile and get your certificate". He responded "I'm trying". Of course since he left himself wide open there I had to respond "Yes, you are trying - but that's not important right now." :lol: My poor teddy bears are going to pay for that one.
:lol-2::lol::lol-2:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Oliver is gorgeous! And I think that at least Tommy is warming up to him! Just saying, he could attack him instead of being attacked... good sweet Tommy :kiss2:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No news here, and not up for typing on my phone today lol. So here is a picture of my little trolls instead:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs @Scandinavian , It’s great that you have a good group of friends to support you. I wish there was something I could say to make all of this easier on you and your family. Sending lots of positive thoughts to you all. You have the right attitude Scandi. Stay positive and do what you can to help your mom stay positive. There are floods of emotions when dealing with loved ones having serious health issues. Just know you have lots of people who are here for you if you’re having a hard day. Please let people help you if you are feeling down or scared. You need to take good care of yourself too. It easy to put ourselves last when we are worried about everyone else. Please also take care of you. Hugs, Callie. The little trolls are cuties. The blond is also a cute one!

@missy, Oliver was meant to be with you and Greg. I too would take the painting as a sign. Judging by the last pic you posted of Tommy and Oliver, Tommy is still getting used to having a little brother. Kittens are just bundles of energy. He will settle down. How was cycling yesterday? I’m thinking you are out cycling now! I’m hoping you hear back from the doctor today.

@Austina, Great news that your eyes are feeling better. I love the picture of the rings. I hope your phone call with Shirley went as well as can be expected. You just keep finding out more and more really bizarre things. Clearly she had been having very serious issues for quite some time. It has to be hard to watch this happening to a close friend.

@junebug17 , The painting is beautiful. How long did it take you to pain this? It rained off and on all day yesterday. We too stayed home and watched golf. DH was rooting for the guy who won. He seemed like a nice guy.

@Mamabean, I wish you had more time in Chicago. When we are in the city we always stay on the Mag Mile. The shopping in that area is incredible! I hope your sons can resolve their issues. All families have problems at one time or another. My brothers have had issues for years. It bothered the daylights out of me when their kids were young. Their kids loved each other and got along great.

@Tekate, You must be getting so excited about your trip. It’s nice that you have friends in that area too and get to do so much while you are there. I can understand Chris wanting to explore Europe. He’s young, now is the time to do it. Some of the of engineers I worked with took two year assignments in Germany, France and Poland. The younger single guys always loved it.

@marcy, Did you attend the wedding that had 12 attendants? How on earth did they all fit? That sounds like something you would see on reality TV. Do you happen to remember the name of the show you saw about the Apollo 11 wives. Watching the CNN special all I could think about was how the families were feeling. All the focus was on the astronauts and all I could think about was how hard it had to be for the wives and families. The whole county thrilled that this is happening and their anxiety that they may never see their loved one again.

@av, Seven moves is a lot! When will you find out where you will be moving to? I hope you find end up in a location you love. Moves were much more appealing to me when I was younger.

We had a nice weekend. Saw my niece’s family on Saturday and then we went out for dinner. It rained on and off yesterday so we stayed in and watched golf.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Libby is here! Crummy pics are on my thread..She looks much bigger in the six prong setting..which is how I remembered her before her last squished four prong...I’m so happy!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - that painting is almost scary!

June - you are really talented!

Callie - than you! Really!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian Oh God yes!!! You are beautiful Scandi! I do have a cute furbaby though. That has to count for something, right?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello NIRDI's!

Finally some warm weather--and no clouds/rain! Supposed to be 25C today and 31 tomorrow!:mrgreen2: I love the heat. Have done a bit of cycling between the showers but not much.

Hope all is well.

cheers--Sharon:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow, wow, wow @junebug17 that’s absolutely amazing, I feel like I could pick up that pear and eat it, it’s incredibly lifelike. You’re so talented and shouldn’t hide your light under a bushel. What’s your next project?

:lol: @marcy, that was a great response. Hide the bears before Marty get’s back.

Awww, love the furries @Scandinavian, the weather looks beautiful there.

Libby has turned out beautifully @Mamabean, no wonder you’re so pleased. It does look bigger than the aqua, it’s amazing what a difference a great setting can make. I’m sorry the aqua is going back, will you try another in the setting, or go for something completely different?

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend @Calliecake, dinner out is always a bonus. I checked the name of the programme, it was on PBS and was just called Apollo Wives.

I can’t believe how prophetic that picture turned out to be @missy, it really does look like Frankie and Ollie. His eye is looking so much better in your latest photos. The scenery shots are beautiful, what a lovely vista, so tranquil and atmospheric.

Adam looked in Leander the first time we went house hunting with him @Tekate, but as his office was in Bee Cave, he switched to that area. I don’t suppose you’ve heard anything yet about the quote, hopefully soon.

Hi @canuk-gal - woohoo to good weather and being able to get out and cycle.

Did you have a good weekend @AV_ ?

We attacked the rest of the garage today because the forecast is for scorching weather later in the week, they’re talking about 36 deg C :-o I made sure I kept my eyes covered this time, and fingers crossed, they feel ok.

Feeling totally worn out now :eek2:

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hi!!! :) I hear you on the lobster Missy, I don't really like lobster but John does, I can NEVER look at them in the grocery store, it's too sad. I think people really like a reason to eat all the butter than can personally. Our actual temp reached 92F yesterday but our heat index was 102F.. scary stuff. Ollie is so adorable.. it was so nice to say you would have visited Kate's jewelry show had you been in the city, me too! but I was up here, seems like Brooklyn had a brownout yesterday, Kate and Chris live in Williamsburg and Dan in Clinton Hill so I don't think any of the were affected, although Chris was not a happy camper because on Friday they had to raise the temperature at his building (he's on the 6th floor) because ConEd asked everyone in the area to do so to avoid a blackout. He's getting his big boy pants! ha! love him but jeez louise, he grew up on A/C in Texas, I grew up on nada, sleeping on the porch, in the city we sat on the fire escape. My kids are spoiled. I cannot believe how much better Oliver's eye is Missy, you guys rock! :love: walked Salley this morning as John's allergies were out in FULL force, his are so bad that he couldn't sleep. We walked her this afternoon before the rain but not the full walk we usually do, started to rain. Have an awesome evening and hi to Greg and the kids! xoxo

@Scandinavian great picture Scandi, I was looking at it trying to figure out what kind of hat you had on, after about a minute I realized it was white-out! hahaha age. Your dogs are magnificent, lovely! they look happy Scandi. Sending good and caring thoughts Scandi, I send you my heart too because my mom had cancer and it's quite a shock in the beginning. xoxo

@Calliecake Hello there girlie! I am getting excited, today I cleaned the car windows inside and out, we always get on these jaunts and the windows are fogged over you know what I mean, John can see I CAN'T.. tomorrow I vacuum and laundry, make food for the car (bagels for breaksfast and tuna sandwiches for lunch oh and brownies!) Yes I agree Callie girl, Chris should do the working around the world when he's young, as we all know, time because like a train out of control.. and I agree with you Callie, Oliver was meant for Greg and Missy.. xoxoxo

@canuk-gal sending hugs Sharon and glad to read your temperatures and weather is getting better. hugs back to you!

@Austina If I had to choose Austina, I'd choose Bee Cave over Leander, but John wants Leaner or farther north :) Did you have your conversation with Shirley? Today I think was the 5 yr anniversary of Robin William's death, poor guy, he had to have had his Lewy Body dementia for years and thought he was going nutzoid, I think perhaps Shirley has some sort of dementia, I sincerely hope not but she sounds like she does. Take care! sending cooler weather your way. xoxox

sending everyone a wonderful hello and @AV_ hope all is going okay with you girl.

xo

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I hope Oliver made out ok at the vet, sweet little thing. And yes he is definitely a rascal! He seems to have taken quite a liking to Tommy :D Thanks for your nice words! I dunno though, I think cats might kind of hard! They're out of my comfort zone but maybe I'll give them a try down the road. Amazing sunrise and sunset pictures :love:

@Scandinavian, such a beautiful pic of you and your doggies! They are gorgeous animals. And that scenery...absolutely amazing!!! You live in such a beautiful place! Thank you for the compliment <3

@Calliecake, I didn't paint it all at once so I'm not sure...an hour maybe? I kept messing up and had to keep going over it lol. I'm so glad you had a nice weekend, seeing your niece's family and dinner out sounds great. Keeping you in my thoughts and I hope you're feeling ok.

@Tekate, sounds like you are in pretty good shape for your trip! You must be so excited about seeing Autie...I'm excited for you lol. And I'm looking forward to lots of pics. :saint:

My brother and I were just talking about how hot our house was growing up...we had one fan on a stand in the hallway that would rotate and every once in a while you'd get a puff of air in your room. Ok, I know money was tight but seriously, my parents could have sprung for a few extra fans! We didn't even question it though. By the time I was a teenager I did get my own fan lol. And thank goodness we moved up to window air conditioners in the bedrooms by the time I was spending so much time at the house when my mother had her stroke.

@canuk-gal, hi there! Glad it's warming up for you! Enjoy your cycling and I hope you're having a good summer.

@Austina, aw thank you...now I'm trying a "simple" seascape and it's driving me bonkers. My career as an artist might be short-lived LOL. I admire you for buckling down and finishing the garage, ours needs a good cleaning. It's a disaster area right now, ugh.

Nothing new here, did a few household chores and that's about it. I dunno, it was supposed to be cooler today and I guess it was a little...but still pretty hot IMO! I like warm weather but this heat makes me feel so wiped out. I really feel for people who work outdoors when it's this hot.

My oval ring looks its best in daylight imo, so I took it for a spin today.
5447F543-536D-433A-A79F-3951442BD0B1.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, sorry I made you hungry. I had pizza and cookies again today. A friend invited me over for lunch and her daughters baked pizza and make cookies for us. It was nice. Your pear looks great. You are quite talented. That’s amazing it only took you about an hour. I totally remember having fans in the house to try and cool it off. They were the big, loud square fans that fell over if you breathed on them. We had one in the living room that we pointed different directions basically by who got to it first. Your oval ring looks perfect in your picture; it is such a beautiful ring.

Kate, I did get my article tweaked and sent off. I got most of the August newsletter done too. I had a productive day. I hope you get some rain there. We’ve had a very wet spring and summer. Usually by now the state is all brown and crunchy. We had weeds taller than me because of the moisture and heat. Thank you for the big xoxoxo - sending them back to you. I am so excited you’ll be seeing Autie in person soon. You do have the gift of gab; your stories are always interesting and entertaining. Tell John I am right there with him on allergies; my eyes are burning and watering right now. Stupid allergies. My AC as a kid was all the windows rolled down in the car or my windows open in my bedroom. I wasn’t cold all the time then like I am now. Of course I always say I’d never survive as a pioneer woman; someone would shoot me to shut me up because I’d be crying and whining all the time.

Missy, I hope Oliver did well with his vaccinations. Nice you slept in until 4 this morning; that’s when Marty got up and hit the road in Montana. You are both early birds. It is pretty strange that mosquitos like my left leg and arm and leave my right side alone. I remember mostly from camping as a kid - I’d have a ton of bits on the left side and 1 or 2 at the most on the right. Weird, huh? It was nice sleeping until 7 am for a change. I love watching thunderstorms and lightning but know they can be dangerous and would definitely be hard on your feral kitties. Glad you got the photo albums and put them together. You can smile and cry for Francesca as much as you want and you can tell us about it anytime. Hugs to you. I totally enjoyed the pictures of Oliver with the other kitties.

Scandi, great picture of you and your sweet furbabies. I will continue to send mega dust your way and know you are in my thoughts.

Callie, you are so right all families have their issues. It was sure obvious that Marty’s sister’s don’t get along while we were in Arizona. Creates some tense situations for sure. I did not attend that wedding but pictures I saw of it I thought it was pretty fancy. It was an outdoor wedding in a historic church or park. Austina saw the program on the Apollo wives; I would like to watch it too. I thought the movie First Man made Neil Armstrong appear to be pretty selfish, self-centered and not very attentive to his wife. I can’t imagine how much anxiety and stress the wives and families of those astronauts dealt with during their missions. That’s nice you caught up with your niece’s family this weekend.

Austina, that is too bad you keep finding out more unpleasant things about Shirley. I hope she gets the help she needs. I didn’t hide my bears and so far Marty hasn’t remembers my trying response. It’ll come back to him though. I will look for Apollo Wives too; it sounds interesting. Good luck with the rest of the garage.

Mamabean, Libby is gorgeous.

Sharon, glad to hear it warmed up there. So far we have been shower free today. Sweet.

Marty got home at the exact same time I pulled in the garage. I’d been watching his progress on my stalking app so picked up some burgers and Frosty’s for supper. I guess starting out in the dark meant dodging deer first thing. He said one of them brushed him bumper and scared the crud out of him. It was about a 13 1/2 hour drive for him. I am glad he got home okay though. So far no Teddy Bears have been picked on; he must be tired.

My day at work was mostly uneventful. I had a one on one with the lady that complained last week and she acted like everything is fine. She did complain about the lighting over her cube so I did bring it to my boss’s attention. She just likes to complain.

I am taking off Wednesday morning to hopefully watch the Thunderbirds and go in to work for the afternoon. Most of the city gets time off as a local holiday during our week long rodeo. Our current senior VP doesn’t give us a half day off but we tell employees they can skip a few lunches and go home early if they want. That will be nice.

Off to get ready for bed.
Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

Oliver probably has ring worm so the challenge continues. Read up on ringworm last night and it is not easy to get rid of and it is highly contagious. Thank goodness Greg is so strong and has such a good attitude (or should I say cattitude) because right now I feel like falling apart but because of him I am going to stay strong too. This is just surreal all that has been happening. We won't know for 10 days to 3 weeks if he has it (the vet cultured it and it takes a long time to grow) but it sure looks like it. Big bald patch on his leg in a circular pattern and well once again he has to be isolated from the other cats (though as my sister says it's sort of closing the barn door after the horses get out). And we should no longer let him sleep with us. Poor baby. As I write this to you we covered the bed with a big sheet and let him on the bed as his crying is awful to hear. If we get it treatment could be oral antifungals for up to 3 months and I am not sure I can take that treatment due to potential liver damage with the meds and I am on enough meds but we will do what we need to do. Right now just dealing with sweet Oliver crying from being isolated is upsetting. Now he is quiet and laying on the bed with us.

@junebug17 I will patiently wait for you to become comfortable with painting cats. I am in no rush. I also love seascape pics just saying...
Poor Tommy has the highest chance of contracting ringworm now as Oliver was all over him for the past week since the ophthalmologist said it was OK to let him be with the others. Of course we didn't know he had ringworm. And it's so contagious that all the cats will probably get it and treatment is hard as the cats need to be given oral and topical meds for months. Junie omg can you believe this? Sigh.

Your oval ring is OVALicious and just gorgeous. I agree yesterday was warmer than I thought it was going to be. Today is rainy but cooler and I think the rest of the week is going to be better. Hope you enjoy a wonderful day Junie.

@Tekate poor Chris. I get how he feels. It was very hot here the past few days and honestly even if one wasn't spoiled it would have been uncomfortable if you couldn't keep your indoor temps cool enough. Right now it is stormy and windy here. What a contrast. My parents lost power the other day for 8 hours but my 85 year old dad did OK despite not liking the heat and so did my mom. It happened at 5PM and they went to sleep at 8PM and were able to sleep through it. I OTOH would have needed AC relief somewhere as I cannot breathe in that kind of heat. I am sorry you were dealing with high temps too but glad the heat wave has broken woohoo. I am sorry John's allergies are so bad and hope he is finding relief in the cooler weather now. Hugs to you and Salley and John. Have a great day sweet kate the great and do let me know when your niece kate has another jewelry show in Brooklyn.

@marcy nice you and Marty got home at the same time and whew on him avoiding the deer. That is scary. Whew for both Marty and the deer. I enjoy thunderstorms too and if they weren't dangerous I would enjoy them more. Last night lots of towns around us lost power due to them but we were not one of those towns who lost power. Relieved about that as we were washing all our linens and blankets etc due to Oliver's diagnosis and I didn't want the machines to stop if we lost power. Even with the generator it would have been a hassle. We will be doing lots of laundry the next few months. Maybe even more than you lol. Yay for taking off Wed morning and watching the Thunderbirds. And glad work was uneventful for the most part yesterday. I would take uneventful any day. I cannot remember an uneventful day in recent history. It has been a long summer for us.

@canuk-gal yay for cycling and enjoying your warmer temps. Hope that continues. Hugs.

@Scandinavian honey keeping good thoughts for all of you. Sending you love and healing vibes. Love the beautiful fur baby photos. (((Hugs))).
Please tell your mom you have lots of friends across the miles praying for her and sending her lots of light and love and healing vibes.

@Austina wow on continuing the garage project good for you. And glad you kept your eyes protected this time and are feeling well. Stay cool and hope you are having a good day.

@Calliecake as you know I did hear back from the endocrinologist and he was very nice and also apologetic. Thank goodness he still likes me and it wasn't anything I did that caused the delay in communication. Whew. He calls me Missy lol and I think he got that from my email which has "missy" in quotations but I always sign my emails to him Best, Melissa W*** and well I guess he wants to call me Missy. That's OK. LOL. Seeing him in 3 weeks but not sure I am going to survive the next few months let alone next few weeks. Maybe this is how we get to the point we aren't scared of death anymore. Life becomes so hard it is almost a welcome solution. ::) OK you know I am (sort of) JK.

@Mamabean so excited for you and I have to go find your thread. I have been preoccupied. Hope you are over the moon happy with her and loving wearing her. Hugs.

@AV_ hi girl, how are you doing? Hope all is well and the week is going smoothly.

We did ride yesterday and managed over 60 miles which was good because then we got the bad news that afternoon regarding Oliver. Today is stormy so probably not going to be able to ride. So exhausted with all that has been going on here. Sorry to be venting all the time but yes it does help and I appreciate it. I know in the grand scheme of things this is nothing but a blip on the radar and we will all be fine. I hope so anyway. Have a great day girls and hugs to all of you.

Oliver's set up before today. We have security cameras on him and when we cycle we check on him and lol pretty cushy set up. Now though we shouldn't leave him on the bed at all due to the contagious nature of ringworm. But he's crying so much in his play pen. Poor sweetie. What to do what to do. Anyway enjoy a lovely Tuesday all.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 5.39.30 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way woohoo!!!!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/22/nyregion/new-york-declaw-ban.html

New York State Bans Cat Declawing
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo signed the anti-declawing bill into law on Monday. New York is the first state in the country to ban the practice.

Smoke and Carson, 2-month-old litter mates, at a pet adoption event in New York City in June.CreditHiroko Masuike/The New York Times
22xp-declaw-articleLarge.jpg

Smoke and Carson, 2-month-old litter mates, at a pet adoption event in New York City in June.CreditCreditHiroko Masuike/The New York Times
By Elisha Brown

• July 22, 2019
New York on Monday became the first state in the country to ban cat declawing, a practice that animal advocates consider cruel and unnecessary. Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo signed the bill into law after state legislators passed the ban last month.

“By banning this archaic practice, we will ensure that animals are no longer subjected to these inhumane and unnecessary procedures,” Governor Cuomo, a Democrat, said in a statement.

The law goes into effect immediately and makes exceptions for medical purposes. Performing the procedure on a cat for any other reason could lead to a fine of up to $1,000.

Assemblywoman Linda B. Rosenthal, a Democrat, first introduced the bill in January 2015. “As a cat lover and someone who has cats, I said this is cruel, barbaric and inhumane,” Ms. Rosenthal said on Monday.

Massachusetts, where legislators are considering a ban on declawing cats. “Other states tend to emulate what New York does,” Ms. Rosenthal said.

Los Angeles, San Francisco and Denver were the first cities to ban cat declawing.

“Governor Cuomo’s signing of this historic bill in New York is a watershed moment for the declawing issue, and we hope other states will follow suit by prohibiting this unnecessary convenience surgery,” Kitty Block, the president and chief executive of the Humane Society of the United States, said in a statement.
  • Declawing is often misconstrued as a “surgical removal of the nail,” said Dr. Eileen Jefferson, a New York State representative for the Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association.

But declawing is an invasive, painful operation that removes individual toe bones from the cat’s paws, Dr. Jefferson said. She compared it to “an amputation.”

Declawed cats sometimes bite more or refuse to use their litter boxes, which are harder to use without claws, said Jennifer Conrad, a veterinarian and the founder of the Paw Project, an anti-declawing advocacy organization.

The ban is a “positive for cats in New York,” Dr. Conrad added.

The New York State Veterinary Medical Society opposed the ban, and said in a statement released in May that declawing “should be an available option when the alternative is abandonment or euthanasia.” The organization declined to comment on the bill becoming state law.

Going forward, Ms. Rosenthal wants to work on changing the perception of animals as property.

“Having this bill become law indicates that New York is changing the way we view animals and our relationship with them,” she said.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean I cannot find a thread on Libby...please link it for me. I am sorry I can't seem to find it.

ETA: Found it! Stunning.:kiss2:
Libbylicious!

dazzle66

Rough_Rock
@missy Butting in to say that in my experience, the ringworm is not a big problem. We used to get it as kids from barn kittens and it always cleared up fairly quick with OTC athlete's foot cream like Lotrimen.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Butting in to say that in my experience, the ringworm is not a big problem. We used to get it as kids from barn kittens and it always cleared up fairly quick with OTC athlete's foot cream like Lotrimen.

Oh thank you Dazzle!!! We’ve been bleaching the wood floors and washing everything we can in hot water but it feels overwhelming so I truly appreciate your post. Your reassurance is so appreciated right now.

Do you think Lotrimen should be added to the Tresaderm regime and how many times a day? Or is lotrimen just for humans? Thanks.

dazzle66

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you Dazzle!!! We’ve been bleaching the wood floors and washing everything we can in hot water but it feels overwhelming so I truly appreciate your post. Yoir reassurance is so appreciated right now.

I remember getting ringworm on my arm when I was a teen and I just kept putting the cream on it and it healed. I don't remember it even itching. The kittens cleared the fungus on their own, I don't think we ever had to treat them. But having worked at vet clinics (mostly dealing with horses), I think they might prescribe oral anti-fungal meds. If it was me, I'd try treating Oliver at home with Lotrimen, if the spot is in an area where he couldn't lick the meds off. If you could keep the cone on him or put a bandage over the treated spot, I'd think it would be fine. I'm not a vet, so I'm not prescribing medical advice.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember getting ringworm on my arm when I was a teen and I just kept putting the cream on it and it healed. I don't remember it even itching. The kittens cleared the fungus on their own, I don't think we ever had to treat them. But having worked at vet clinics (mostly dealing with horses), I think they might prescribe oral anti-fungal meds.

My sister is against orals for the cats unless nothing else works as she said it’s a harsh treatment. For humans I guess orals are necessary if one gets it on their scalp. I’ve been reading about this but I don’t know what is true and what isn’t necessarily true. Honestly after everything we’ve been through this just feels like that drop that causes the proverbial well to overflow. The local vet prescribed Tresaderm for now til we know which species Oliver is infected with so it’s a waiting game. I called the local vet’s office and asked if they offer a sulfur lime wash and if they do we will bring in all 4 cats. Waiting to hear back from the veterinarian. Our life has been nothing but vet visits lately. Thanks again for your input Dazzle.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s hot :eek2: Got in the car to go to Costco and it was 38 deg C.

@missy, I echo what dazzle66 says. It’s pretty common here for stray cats to have ringworm, and for them to pass it to humans. It’s not really considered a big deal, and is usually treated topically. I remember a friend of mine found some abandoned kittens and ended up with ringworm, her father was a Dr. and I’m pretty sure she just used a cream on herself to get rid of it. I’m sorry you’re dealing with yet another feline issue, such is the life of people who are caring and kind hearted.

I’m horrified to read that declawing has been done in this day and age, and thank goodness this barbarity has been banned.

Hi @Tekate, I managed to keep the conversation general for quite a while with Shirley, but she keeps insisting that she’s being held prisoner, not allowed to go out, not allowed to drive etc., doesn’t understand why her son is so worried about her, DIL is a terrible cook, all she has in life is her dog, you get the picture. I know none of this is true, her DIL would like nothing more for her to go out, but NOT drive, as she’s not safe and can’t find her car keys anyway. She talks about causing a scene at the airport if she’s not allowed to take her dog on the plane, says she’s scream bloody murder. I can’t say much until her son gets back and get’s her to a Dr for a definitive diagnosis. I reassure her that she has much to look forward to, and is fortunate to have a son & DIL who care about her so much, but I’m not sure how much goes in and how much is forgotten as soon as it’s said. She didn’t even know it was Sunday when I spoke to her.

Your ring looks beautiful @junebug17 I love seeing the more unusual cuts, it really has such presence on your finger. Please keep posting your artwork, I really enjoy seeing your lovely work.

Hi @Scandanavian, love the picture of the ‘guard’ dogs :lol:

13 1/2 hr drive @marcy :eek-2: Good grief, that’s some journey! Glad Marty got there and back safely. Good idea to pick up food on the way home, he must’ve been exhausted. Glad the bears are all present and accounted for.

Costco had a complete instant hot water tap system for less than the cost of replacing the reservoir of our current one, so we decided to bite the bullet and buy it. The filters are cheaper than our current one too. We’ll get Richard to install it when he comes to do the work in the utility room. We popped in to our equivalent of Home Depot after, to check out their siligranite sinks and work tops and look for paint.

We’ve got all the doors and windows open to try and get a cross breeze, it’s boiling here!

Hope you’re all having a good day and keeping cool :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor little Ollie <3

I know. Poor baby. He doesn’t understand and he’s been through so much. He is isolated yet again. Just when we thought he was in the clear. Months ahead of isolation probably. Poor Ollie indeed. Hugs to you @Scandinavian and hope things are going as well as possible for your mom.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I echo what dazzle66 says. It’s pretty common here for stray cats to have ringworm, and for them to pass it to humans. It’s not really considered a big deal, and is usually treated topically. I remember a friend of mine found some abandoned kittens and ended up with ringworm, her father was a Dr. and I’m pretty sure she just used a cream on herself to get rid of it. I’m sorry you’re dealing with yet another feline issue, such is the life of people who are caring and kind hearted.

Thanks Austina. Fingers crossed it is easier than we think. I read the PS threads on ringworm and it’s a horror story for some. Hoping this goes smoothly and recovery is not super challenging. For everyone. Yes I wish Greg and I were not so kind hearted but mainly I wish I was tougher and not as sensitive as I am. I literally feel Ollie’s pain. When he cries it’s like a knife through my heart.

Sorry it’s so hot by you. Hope you are keeping comfortable. And staying cool. XO. Alternatively our home is always open to you should you decide you just must have air conditioning. As long as you don’t mind ringworm that is. Lol. At least I have my sense of humor intact. :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy, so sorry to see this latest development! Just when things seemed to be settling down. I don't have any constructive advice, I wish I did. The comments from austina and dazzle have been comforting...gives me hope this might turn out ok and not be such a big deal. I am hoping and praying that's the case! I'm even hoping it turns out Oliver doesn't have it. :pray: At least it's not life-threatening, thank goodness, and you are doing all you can. I know the really rough thing is seeing Oliver unhappy... I won't lie, my heart is hurting a bit too...I have developed quite the soft spot for that little guy. But on the bright side he has all the creature comforts imaginable and you have given him a safe, clean, and very comfortable place to be while he gets over this next hurdle. He's going to be ok! I'm sending you and Greg lots of love and support, you are both doing a great job handling all of this. (((HUGS)))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results