shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
AV ... It was not baked cheesecake though so neither of us liked it very well.
-
So today I feel older than my normal old years. ... Marty has been napping.

I come from cheese country, which makes me a Hell of a snob about it - even baked with eggs & suggar & plenty of vanilla, reisins, etc. (now I have to make some, sure enough)

There are plenty of days I'd rather sleep off ,( Life is wilder than I know what to do with!

... As it should be. I’m okay for now, focusing on the practical stuff and what I can do. ... we will not know anything more for two months.

You do make this sound easy ,( I do not know any better, sure enough.

Aww thank you @AV_ , we are doing what anyone would do. And sleep is overrated anyway right? :whistle: We used to have a town here that was closed Sundays. I think it was called the Blue laws. I am glad that is not the case anymore. I like things open 24/7 just in case. LOL can you blame me? I am thankful the animal hospital only half an hour away from us is open 24/7 just in case.

I am crudely envious on whoever can do with less than nine hours of keeping eyes & what's behind them shut down each day.

If locals run hospitals like they do cherry stores, I'd happily curse them to Blue Law city ,) It might take growing up with Granada's times of day for them to make sense & the locals know to let foreighners get away with every oddity of their own; I am not ungrateful...

@Austina I was foolish enough to venture out in the dead heat yesterday, but even so - I'm not about to not call it a good weekend; there are very good surprises from my work .) & some "crooked timber" too:

2019-07-14 17.12.56.jpg

The only way for cypresses to get old here is to keep their own fire controll system for a century or two (this has it - Alhabra's irrigation mains run meters away); else, there are fires every summer - what doesn't need to burn is cut so as not to burn...

day half done

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina What have I missed ??? So cute! Are they yours to be? Total teddy bears!

No @Scandinavian, When needed, I’ll help out a charity checking out prospective owners to ensure they have a secure garden and a good hope ready and waiting. Dottie wouldn’t like having 2 puppies in the house :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 I love water that color! I sending happy vacation vibes and tons of sand for happiness at the beach. Hey, I moved my new and last implant from this Wed to September 4th :) we are leaving next Wed for 2 weeks in Austin and it would have been only one week with the implant and I am so nervous I just couldn't do it! so today I celebrate with a hot dog! :) have fun Slick!

@missy SO happy to read you are eating a bit better Missy, I do worry about you, you are beautiful and perfect etc, lean and cool but I know in times of stress even I lose weight, take care of Missy too. I was thrilled to see Oliver open his eye a bit, sorry about losing the cone but I am hoping he's truly on the mend. He's beautiful, nothing like a kitten, they are SO adorable.. You do Francesca proud Missy, and I look forward to see which pictures you choose for framing. Cats are regal. You will get a much better idea of healing for Oliver's eye after his opthamology appointment tomorrow, I'm hoping for good news because I do see his eye open a bit more than at first. fingers crossed Missy. xxoxoxoxo

@Austina oh my those two pups are to die for adorable.. aw.. love animals, they make my life bright. (as does Autie) ((and my boys ;-) ) laundry, hate it gotta do it today! happy Monday, must nigh on to mid afternoon in your town :) xo

@Scandinavian sorry you had to cancel your vacation.. I am so sorry about your Mom, when my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer at 67 she told me she didn't believe the doctors, continued to smoke and died 4.5 years later, tough old Irish woman. I hope your mom does great with treatment, lung cancer is a beast and rarely if ever beaten.

@junebug17 Sounds like you had a wonderful time this past weekend June, lounging in the pool is my idea of a perfect day. Finding a man who likes shopping as much as your daughter does is a PLUS, John likes to shop more than me. Safe trip home Junebug xoxoxoxo

@marcy welcome home Marcy girl! glad you got your laundry done, it's on my agenda for today, also your flowers are beautiful Marcy. Aching is part of that middle aged arthritis that appears I think (or it did me). Hope you are feeling better today. I love where you live Marcy, it's open wide and beautiful.

@Calliecake Hi Callie!!! how are you feeling? I hope good.. when are your new tests? Like our cheetoh head's latest remarks? ha. sad America. I'm going to post a few pix of Ever, but they suck as usual, I swear I'm going to find one of our cameras, charge it and try with that. I love EVER more each day, can't lie. Hot here in Maine. Hope you are wonderful Callie girl! xoxoxox

@AV_ your day is probably reaching late afternoon.. how's your Monday going? hope you have a wonderfu week AV. xoxo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon, loved the video, sounds old school.. the best school ;-) xo

I am attaching a few pix of Ever, they suck, I can't take pix this ring is a fireball! but I can't get decent pix if my life depended on it, @Mamabean said she couldn't take a pix, her pix look professional compared to mine. HI @Mamabean happy Monday!

We had the drive redone this morning, which means they fixed all the cracks and turn it black again, hell if I remember what the heck John called it.. the guy brought his 10 yr old son and the boy did some work and I tipped him, I thought it wonderful a little guy was helping his father. As I said to slick, cancelled my appt for the implant to Sept. I'm chicken. We are having tons and loads of work done on the side of the house near our drive, trees put in, bushes, flowers etc.. we shouldn't do it because we are going to move next year but John wants it, and I want the master bath redone, haven't heard from my decorator getting a little pissed honestly. I'll contact her this week. Salley is getting old :( :( she has a hard time finishing our long walk in the morning, makes me sad, but it makes me happy that we have her, her life was miserable till she was rescued from the kill facility in Georgia and we got her.. lucky me as always. Have a great week NIRDIs. xoxoxo

mydia1.jpg mydia2.jpg mydia3.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No @Scandinavian, When needed, I’ll help out a charity checking out prospective owners to ensure they have a secure garden and a good hope ready and waiting. Dottie wouldn’t like having 2 puppies in the house :lol:
I would I would I would :lol:

Love Dottie too much though! She is totally adorable!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stepcutnut chewy rocks. The delivery arrived already! Thank you again.:appl:

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 3.04.25 PM.png

and of course I couldn't resist buying the kitties more stuff lol.

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 3.05.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 3.04.50 PM.png

Put it on the floor and Tommy is in it less than a second later haha. And Bobby a second after that and then Fred...

bobbyandtommyscrachbox.jpg

tommyandbobbyscratchbox.JPG

They are politely taking turns. No worries as I placed another Chewy order at 5AM this morning and more are on the way. LOL

@Tekate Ever is ever beautiful and your photos are wonderful! And thank you so much sweet Kate the Great. (((Hugs))).
And I am glad you canceled your implant surgery. When the time is right you will know. You are strong and brave and wise Kate. You are listening to your body.
I am sorry Salley is getting older and I hear you on how that makes you sad. But love her and cherish her for every single moment. She and you are so lucky to have each other. Love your baby as I know you do every single moment she is here. (((Hugs))).
And boo to your decorator.

@AV_ gorgeous photo.
@Austina they are precious.:kiss2: Best volunteer work ever.:appl:

Attachments

• bobbyandscratchpad.png
    bobbyandscratchpad.png
    582.1 KB · Views: 14
  • bobbyandtommyscrachbox.jpg
    bobbyandtommyscrachbox.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 13

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@missy So glad your order came already! We have those cat scratch lounges also and our crew loves them!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thank you Missy, thank you very much. lucky Kate to know Missy and Greg and the furkiddos!

I love the scratch pad things, my son has one for his Luna, that cat LOVES it.. secretative Luna, when I get to Austin a few weeks I'll get some pix of this minx!

I hope Oliver is feeling well and I'm so glad the other kids are doing so much better. Sheesh you have had a bitch of a time.

Have you opened your mail thing yet from the idiot doctor?

Salley makes me world go round in life Missy, yes my kids and grandchild do of course, but I want them to continue to grow up and be independent, Salley, she's my baby, she really is John's dog though, she adores him. Animals make my life better and it didn't start when I was older it started when we had a sheepdog Shep when I was 2, I remember Shep, my sister adored that dog. Our cat ringo once eat our whole Thanksgiving turkey! my mom was beyond, we had chicken! animals love you.

So I went to a shoe store today because I have recently bought a new pair of sneaks (I put the pix a while back). well they started really hurting and John said he's had enough and that we are going to a real shoe store not the mail where you pick it out and try it on. Sooo, the kid (who was sweet as all heck) measured my feet, so it turns out my left foot is a size 10! I know your ears and nose continue to grow your whole life but feet? last I looked I was a 9, my right foot is a size 9, so he said I needed size 10 sneaks, so we bought a pair of size 10 sneaks and they feel delicious! and I paid 3x what I usually pay for a mall pair of sneakers, I choked but John didn't give a hoot, John loves me :) and I him.

So I appear to be on an extemporaneous writing binge here Missy, please do excuse me!

all love.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh my goodness @missy, isn’t he the cutest little puss ever :love: His eye is already starting to look better, everything crossed for a complete recovery for him. I’m glad to hear it’s not just the furry boys who are eating again, you can’t afford to lose weight, there’s nothing of you as it is! Do you know, it’s a year ago today we boarded the ship in NY for our cruise? How did the time go by so quickly? Glad you’re still able to get out for some cycling and ice cream. :lickout:

Sorry you’ve had to cancel your holiday @Scandanavian but totally understandable that you want to be there to help your Mum through her chemo and on the road back to health. Sending good thoughts for good news.

Argh, one of my pet peeves @marcy, people letting their kids behave like total brats. Sets them up to be bratty adults like Moaning Minnie who go through life thinking they’re ‘owed’. Glad you managed to enjoy the visit regardless. You’re making me feel really old knowing that Marty’s parents have only been married 10 years more than us :eek2:

What a lovely view @Slick1 hope you’re enjoying every moment and relaxing and resting up.

Autie’s always smiling @Tekate, must make you so happy to see that little face beaming back at you. Not too long now till you can get back and cuddle her again.

Sounds like you had fun @junebug17 , Colin actually likes shopping too, just as well really :lol: Holiday food calories don’t count! :P2

Hi @Mamabean, how’re things with you?

Did you have a good weekend @AV_? It sure is hot in Europe at the moment.

We’ve had a busy weekend, caught up with the laundry on Saturday, and had to do a home check yesterday for these 2 little cuties, everything checked out fine, so they’ll hopefully be coming over soon.

0909DA30-E6A6-4D27-A843-91EEE8139A80.jpeg F5EA5F9A-4C30-4601-BF7E-554111E32557.jpeg

Must get out in the garden this afternoon, lots of weeding and deadheading to do. I can’t say I feel like it, I’m soooo tired, but hey ho, it has to be done.

Have a great Monday NIRDIS :wavey:

OHMIGOD POOCHES! I need them and I am sure they need me!:P2

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, it is very nice to be home with my “stuff”. Isn’t it funny that traveling seems to wear you out? Especially if you nap, relax, go out to dinner yet you’re beat. I guess it’s just because it’s different. It sounds like you had a great time in SC. What you said about your DD and her boyfriend both liking to shop; reminds me of us. Both of us are spenders. That’s nice you caught up with your sister and BIL. Have a safe trip home tomorrow,

Scandi, yes family get togethers are scary. They are already planning one in 3 years. Ugh. Being there for your mom is about all you can do right now. Sending mega dust to her for positive results from chemo. I know you are being strong for her; how is she holding up? Keeping you both in my thoughts.

Missy, yes I know Greg makes killer cheesecake; I have no doubt it’s wonderful. Agreed liking at least 1/2 of the in-laws is pretty good odds. Glad you were able to get in a ride and your ice cream looks delicious. I had a Magnum mini ice cream bar tonight; it was good but your ice cream looks way better. Stay cool from that heatwave. Oliver is cute and sweet. Good luck with his appointment tomorrow.

Austina, I am not a fan of bratty kids either. This one was definitely one of the worst we’ve ever seen; I don’t think one of us didn’t think so. None of us are old; some of us might be more seasoned than others, right? I swear I feel my age or more today. I’m still achy. I did figure out why my right forearm hurts; it’s got a big old bruise on it. I remember hitting something getting on or off the plane and thinking “that’s going to leave a mark”. It sure did. Those puppies are adorable. I hope you got your deadheading done; my plants looked better today so I know it was worth it.

Thank you all for the compliments on my flowers. They look even better today. They got a slow start because it was so cold in June. The warmer temps are really perking them up.

Moaning Minnie behaved while I was gone but that other Neg Nellie stirred it up on Friday. Apparently while the senior manager was at the printer waiting for his reports she apparently took the opportunity to complain about being moved to the cube farm, suggested another spot they could be moved to so they’d all be together again, said they can’t communicate in the cube farm, can’t monitor games in the cube farm, said my boss’s other teams don’t communicate and have low morale, complained that her and MM setting by me isn’t working because I butt in to their conversations. WTH??? My boss was going to talk to her today which he did right before she went home. He was too busy to give me the recap. I’m pulling her aside tomorrow. She doesn’t like change, she totally thought she was running that room before and I think she feels like all of that power has been taken away from her. Her mistakes have gone up since she moved to the cube farm - MM has actually been in a good mood, kept busy and has improved her accuracy. Welcome back to work, eh?

We ran over to see Marty’s gym tonight. It’s painted. Still needs flooring and cleaned. He might make it in there by the end of the month or early August.

Mamabean, I wore that ring today with the blue diamond. I took a picture. It had 3 teal Montana Sapphires on it but the center one chipped. They tried to match it but couldn’t so finally put a diamond it on their warranty policy. It looked stupid. So I finally had them replace it with a blue diamond that I paid for. The diamonds are 1/4 ctw and the sapphires were 1/2 ctw.

Take care.
Marcy

bluedia.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Ollie is a sweetheart. He will get through this Missy. He’s a spunky little thing. Our little furbaby had a rocky start in life and she came back swinging. Needing a little extra TLC isn’t the worst thing in life. I swear that’s why she is a little scrapper.

@Tekate, Ever looks gorgeous! She looks huge on your finger. How is Autie doing??? Are you getting excited about your trip to visit her? I’m glad you had a wonderful time last week. It’s always fun to spend time with family. We saw my niece. I tried not to be a baby hog and was thrilled when my niece said I want you to hold her and get all her beautiful little smiles. I’ve missed my niece. It was so nice to spend time with her,

@Scandi, I’m keeping you and your mom in my thoughts. Sending lots of healing dust her way. Is your lake home far from your main residence?

@junebug17, It sounds like you had a great weekend. DD is lucky to find someone who likes shopping. I think that’s why DH’s love of golf never really bothered me. He golfed, I shopped and we were always happy when we came home and went out for dinner.

@marcy, I’m sure Marty’s parents were happy to have everyone together to celebrate their anniversary. It’s always good to be home and sleep in your own bed. It sounds like your first day back and work could have gone better. Hopefully tomorrow will go better. Your ring and flowers are beautiful.

@Austina, The pup pictures are beautiful, I thought for a minute maybe Dottie was getting a sibling. What’s adorable little pups! When I used to take our furbaby to daycare she had a favorite little dog she loved to play with until I walked into the room. She would then very quickly turn into Cujo. Does it feel good to be back home? You packed a lot in during your time in Austin. We are having Texas weather now. It is so darn hot this week.

@av and mamabean, I hope is well with you.

@Slick1, That view is gorgeous. Enjoy every minute of your trip.

I’ve had a less than thrilling few days. I now have a new larger kidney stone and not looking forward to what’s ahead as I know this has the potential to be very painful. So far I’m just feeling uncomfortable, so that’s good. It’s making me anxious, especially at night. I have a doctor appt tomorrow to find out what the plan is. The doctor has some concerns we need to discuss. I have more tests scheduled for early next week. Sorry to be such a downer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Heat wave in full swing here soon.

Hi @junebug17 hope you had a good trip back home yesterday and are settling in nicely. Stay cool it is going to be a hot week. (((Hugs))).

@missy Thank you Missy, thank you very much. lucky Kate to know Missy and Greg and the furkiddos!

I love the scratch pad things, my son has one for his Luna, that cat LOVES it.. secretative Luna, when I get to Austin a few weeks I'll get some pix of this minx!

I hope Oliver is feeling well and I'm so glad the other kids are doing so much better. Sheesh you have had a bitch of a time.

Have you opened your mail thing yet from the idiot doctor?

Salley makes me world go round in life Missy, yes my kids and grandchild do of course, but I want them to continue to grow up and be independent, Salley, she's my baby, she really is John's dog though, she adores him. Animals make my life better and it didn't start when I was older it started when we had a sheepdog Shep when I was 2, I remember Shep, my sister adored that dog. Our cat ringo once eat our whole Thanksgiving turkey! my mom was beyond, we had chicken! animals love you.

So I went to a shoe store today because I have recently bought a new pair of sneaks (I put the pix a while back). well they started really hurting and John said he's had enough and that we are going to a real shoe store not the mail where you pick it out and try it on. Sooo, the kid (who was sweet as all heck) measured my feet, so it turns out my left foot is a size 10! I know your ears and nose continue to grow your whole life but feet? last I looked I was a 9, my right foot is a size 9, so he said I needed size 10 sneaks, so we bought a pair of size 10 sneaks and they feel delicious! and I paid 3x what I usually pay for a mall pair of sneakers, I choked but John didn't give a hoot, John loves me :) and I him.

So I appear to be on an extemporaneous writing binge here Missy, please do excuse me!

all love.

Dear Kate the Great, I get it about Salley and I feel your love for her and for everyone in the family and for us here too. Animals make our lives better I agree. My first animal was Apache and my parents got him when they were pregnant with me. I grew up with that dog. He was the best dog. Sweet, loving and so wonderful. He died when I was 9. It was the first time I saw my dad cry and come to think of it so far the last time. I have not seen him cry since. But in those days men didn't cry like they do today. It wasn't as acceptable. But yes when Apache died everyone cried. My parents spent thousands on an experimental operation in the early 70s to try saving him but it failed. We loved that dog.

apacheandmissy.jpg

missyandapacheinfirsthome.jpg

missyandapachejpg.JPG

As for writing lots please continue writing as much as you want to...I love reading whatever you want to share. And lol I sure can write up a storm :oops2: so never apologize please. I know whoever wants to read what we want to share will and whoever doesn't won't. Works for me.

Thanks for asking about my endocrinologist. Yeah the idiocy continues. I finally opened his letter (with findings) yesterday and my Alk Phosph is very high continuing to creep up and he circled it but in his note didn't write about it instead wrote about how hypothyroid I still am and how he wants me to increase the NDT. I emailed him (the only way to contact him) asking him to please call me but I never got a response. I am frustrated. But today is about Oliver and I am not going to stress about this right now. On top of it I finally opened the Cigna T3 meds as I was using my old meds from last summer but ran out. Well the Cigna T3 is from a different manufacturer and the pills are disgusting and cakey and have different fillers in it and I want to go back to the other manufacturer but insurance won't cover it as I just got a 3 month supply from Cigna. It will cost a lot to go out of pocket too. But I need a new Rx from the endocrinologist before I can get new meds anyway and good luck to me reaching him about that issue. Sigh. And LOL because if I don't laugh about this what other alternative do I have. IMO the state of medicine is a very sad state indeed.::) Thank you for asking Kate and I hope you are feeling well.

Glad you snagged some new sharp sneakers. I feel you re the growing feet too. I started out a size 8 but now buy a 9.5 to 10 so you are in good (big feet) company. Sorry about that. But look at it this way. Big feet means we need even bigger diamonds. Right? :lol:

@Scandinavian how's your momma doing Scandi? How are you holding up? How are your children and dh and the pups? Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and hoping you are all doing as well as possible. Sending you (((Hugs))). And Oliver told me he is looking forward to the day he gets to meet his Auntie Scandi. You are a wonderful daughter and being there for your mom is everything. You are her rock and her advocate and she is lucky to have you as you are her. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 please share more photos if you can. I feel as if we are enjoying that view with you. The water looks quite inviting and it is my favorite color. Hope you are having a wonderful vacation away from everything.

@marcy welcome back to work indeed. Oh my. Between MM and NN how does anyone get anything done there. Not a great work environment when they are around moaning and complaining. Hope that your boss's chat with her sets her on a more positive path and changes her attitude for the better. I am glad Marty's gym is coming along nicely. Before you know it everything will be ready. I don't know what a Magnum mini bar ice cream is but suddenly I want some. :lickout: Marcy your blue diamond ring looks bluelicious and looks great on your hand. Suddenly I want a blue diamond too.8) Thank you for the good luck on the appointment wishes for Oliver. He's a sweet little boy.

Thanks @stepcutnut so far little Oliver loves the fish oil. Going to ask the ophthalmologist about it today. Hope your little furry ones are doing well.

@Calliecake I hope you have a good appointment today and receive satisfactory answers. It really is always something but hang in there. You are going to be A OK. And you aren't being a downer. Well if you are you are in good company but you aren't so no worries. I hope they can break up that stone and get rid of it completely this week.

@AV_ good morning/good afternoon. Hope you are having a lovely day.

@canuk-gal good morning, how are things by you? I hope you are continuing to enjoy cycling and other outdoor activities. I cannot believe we are in mid July already.

We got to cycle yesterday probably last day for a while as today we have an ophthalmologist appointment for Oliver and the rest of the week the weather is not going to be conducive for riding. But at least we had a nice ride yesterday early morning.
But we didn't get Days as we had to get back to Oliver to get the next set of drops in his eyes.

Look at that tongue. :cheeky:

olivertongue.png

His eye is a bit more open and the conjunctiva less swollen but still swollen and the cornea looks cloudy plus his pupil is dilated which means the trauma is still present. So we will see what the vet ophthalmologist says today after she evaluates him again. Fingers crossed he is going to recover from this. And that he doesn't experience relapses. But one day at a time. In other kitty news Tommy's meds should be delivered tomorrow and hoping we can get that thyroid med into him somehow. Hoping the pill pockets work out but I have other things up my sleeve if it doesn't. I ordered this bacon paste for cats and will wrap the pill into that if the pill pockets don't work. We have to now give him pills twice a day for life so really hoping we can because if we can't we are not sure what we are going to be able to do for Tommy. The other cats knock wood are all doing well and eating. Whew.

Have a good day girls and sending you all hugs.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t believe it. I just don’t. The guy who was here to instal a new security system forgot to put the breaks on his car - which rolled- into my DHs bike and ... our house! Like - seriously???

Reactions: AV_

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I don’t believe it. I just don’t. The guy who was here to instal a new security system forgot to put the breaks on his car - which rolled- into my DHs bike and ... our house! Like - seriously???

Oh nooo I'm soo sorry! Is your house ok? So sorry to hear this.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian , Oh my gosh. I’m sorry. Did it do much damage to the house? I’d be a concerned with trusting him with your home security system if he can’t remember to use the brakes in his vehicle. Wow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian , Oh my gosh. I’m sorry. Did it do much damage to the house? I’d be a little concerned with trusting him with your home security system if he can’t remember to use the brakes in his vehicle. This sounds like something out of a Seinfeld episode.

Life is a Seinfeld episode with a good measure of Shakespearean tragedy thrown in to the mix. :cry2:

Sorry @Scandinavian! Hope no one was injured. Sheesh. It’s always something. (((Hugs)))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What?!?! Omg! That’s really scary!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian , Thank goodness your children and fur babies (or anyone else for that matter) weren’t near the car.

@missy, When I said Seinfeld episode, I meant you can’t make this stuff up. I should have clarified this. It truly is always something, isn’t it?

I’m sorry Scandi.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girlfriends!
@Tekate Kate your EVER is shooting rays of light into space! Look at all the sparkles it was shooting off! I wouldn’t get anything done with it on my finger! I’m glad you are enjoying it! I cracked up when you said you wear He-man shirts to bed! I was imagining that cartoon from when my boys were little...Too funny!
@Calliecake Oh no to another stone! I hope your visit with the doctor sheds some light on how to solve these stones...
My husband loves to play golf..and I love to go to Homegoods...Golfing relaxes him and Homegoods relaxes me...When I leave the house I tell him I’m going golfing! That’s how he finally understood it’s MY way to relax..
@missy I hope the visit at the opthamologist goes well today...Oliver’s eye looks so much better...I hope it will be good news today.
I don’t eat fish other than tuna salad. I don’t eat many veggies either..I eat tons of salads but I know it’s not enough. I LOVE Brussel sprouts so eat them when I can.
I hope you received good results after reading the letter..I am like you in postponing things that I think will be bad. I moved a bunch of medical visits to September because I couldn’t deal with anything bad right now. I wouldn’t be able to not open the letter though...
I always say I’m the Princess and the Pea too! I’m very particular about my sheets...I have a hard time sleeping on sheets when I’m visiting because I found out some people don’t change them after each visitor. I don’t mind crisp sheets..but I want them to be clean!
I love the photos of you and Apache when you were little...so cute!
@marcy Thank you for posting your beautiful blue diamond ring! I love it...Now I want one too! I really do! I get tired too after returning home from a trip. It’s fun to get away but it’s nice to come home too.
I hate bratty kids...but mainly the parents...I had a very close friend who took her child rearing books too seriously by ignoring her children’s bad behavior. You’re supposed to ignore bad behavior and only comment on good behavior..She took it a little too far. Her son would kick me in the shins and she wouldn’t say a word. After I was developing hematomas in my legs we had a nice chat. o_O
@Slick1 I think you are staying at the beach for a full week, right? I hope you have a wonderful time...and do some needed relaxing...The water is so calming to me...That view is gorgeous...
I emailed David right after I noticed the space under the head. He hasn’t answered me..I’m assuming he has to remake the ring...but I don’t know....Maybe he thought I wouldn’t notice? I sent him another email telling him I’m mailing him some repairs along with a travel ring I want reset.
@junebug I loved your photo..I hope you had a nice dinner in Charleston!
@Scandinavian I still can’t believe he didn’t turn off his truck! Thank goodness he didn’t roll over a child or pet...omg..
I hope your mom’s chemo go smoothly...You’re a good daughter being there for her.
@av The photos of the gnarled cypress tree is so nice! You live in such a beautiful area. I know you appreciate it..I hope you get a relief from the heat..
@canuk-gal I loved listening to the video...I never heard of him before...It was a treat!
@Austina..Are you happy to be home? I’m heading to Costco today...I might wander over to the jewelry...:lol:
Well....I’m going to a wedding by myself in two weeks. My friend’s son is getting married in Chicago..My husband can’t go because my mom can’t travel by air. The bride graciously invited David too knowing my husband couldn’t go because he would have to watch David...but it didn’t solve the problem of my mom. This will be the second time I’ve been on a plane by myself. I’m a nervous flier...My husband booked me a first class ticket so I could go in comfort...He has so many miles from traveling that it was free! I won’t be staying at the same hotel as my friends and their husbands so I’ll be taking Uber for the first time by myself. My daughter-in-law tricked me into a tutorial when we saw them two weeks ago. We took Uber from the app on my phone and the boys took Scott’s car. I feel more comfortable now. I was going to take cabs but they convinced me Uber was better because I could share my ride..My daughter-in-law wants me to share my rides with her so she knows I’m safe in the big city of Chicago! :lol: I’m really looking forward to spending time away and having some fun with my friends. I wish my husband and David could go but my mom can’t be left alone. I’m going to be planning a trip to Europe in May..and we will place her in assisted living for the week then..but for a weekend it didn’t seem like a good idea..
Have a great day today!

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake Hi hon, I'm sorry to read you have a new larger stone :cry: I hope the new tests go well Callie. I'm delighted to hear you held your grandniece, ain't it great! Ever is huge imho, of course she looks bigger in pix, I was reading the lovely lady who had JOTW (not sure which week), Lordy has has a 5.30 ACA H color, gobsmacked me! I was thrilled to read at the end of her thread that she is resetting it, jeez my litte ole 2.95er has 6 prongs, I would never have considered anything less, she had her boulder in a 4 prong, it's a gorgeous stone, man I cannot imagine what it cost really (nor am I gonna look because I stretched my brain and limit on Ever). Callie I hope you are feeling well sweetie. I miss Autie and thank you for being so kind! xoxoxo

@marcy glad you found out why your arm hurt! I hate when I do stuff like that, bratty kids, I don't get it really but my kid has his own kid now, so they talked about millenial kids as spoiled brats and their parents letting them do whatever so I have no clue what millenials kids will act like (so far Autie as been great!). :) your ring is blueicious! I love it Marcy. xoxoxo

@missy Hello sweetie! how's Ollie? how's you? :) how's Greg? thank you for the pictures and your first pup, so beautiful.. my mother and father treated our animals terribly, my mom had a dog, Mr Chips, and when he died my mother swore she wouldn't love another dog and dang if she didn't, my dad didn't like dogs at all, but loved cats. You had wonderful parents! My alkphos is always high too, my doctor doesn't worry about it, although she always writes, Hi liver enzymes on my chart, go figure. Money talks I guess. I'm sorry your endocrinologist is an idiot, I'm sure he's great at medicine, but I do think people get burned out in the medical field, but sometimes you just want to walk. Oliver looks so much better Missy!!!!! I'm hopeful he will continue to improve! and I'm so happy to read the other kids are eating!! xoxoxoxoxo

@Scandinavian OMG Scandi!!! I am so sad this happened, so happy none of your kids, furkids, YOU were hurt, I hope their company is insured (the alarm people). Sending you a hug Scandi and a wish for you mom to make the jaunt thru chemo with success and the least amount of reactions to any of the drugs. xoxoxo

@Mamabean AW thank you girl, you make my day, I love EVER. Yeah remember HeMan! Master of the universe!!! my nephew who's 38 loved HeMan! and I bought him Castle Greyskull!! love that boy then and now. :)

here's a pix of what I mean of the type of shirts I wear to bed, now remember I have to get them in 3XXXXXX ;-) but I love them.

hemanundershirt..jpg

He looks better in it than me!

Girl!!! I've never flown 1st class, never everah! and I never everah everah will, I did fly business class to Athens with John 2 years ago, THAT was heaven and it's cheaper than 1st class, but we will never fly that again either, that was for our 30th anniversary. You have a WONDERFUL time and enjoy that 1st class, it looks so cool. I love flying by myself, my team leader John is bossy pants :) AND EUROPE, I love Europe and next year we are going to France (@Jimmianne calling you lady!) for our nephews wedding and Chris is coming with us and hopefully we can go over to Germany too, maybe we will be in Europe together? we could bust into @Jimmianne 's house and live the life of decadent French people!!! champagne! for us) ;-) I think it's great your husband and David are helping with your Mom Joanne, very wonderful! have a great rest of the day girl! (sorry about the ring).

@Austina probably dinner time for you! hope today was great. xo

@canuk-gal how's your weather? and you! xo

@junebug17 home and settled in? like Missy said, the heat is on up here in the east coast.. xoxoxo

@missy Yes to our big feet and also big rocks! xoxoxoxoxo

Today we visited a store that does renovations and talked to some people there, they are going to come out within the week and look at my master and figure out how much it would cost to retile, new quartz top, sinks, total redo of the shower, mirror, new glassdoor for the shower, you know it's demo that is the most expensive I think anyway. We are also have a lot of shrubs etc being put in next month along our border and the idiot boat guy next door, we are totally going to blow money we won't get back, but then again, we won't even get the kitchen redo back, but I really hate my masterbath and I would love to have it redone before I leave.. I know we are dumb old people, but hey it's our money ;-)

sending hellos to all my NIRDI friends!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oooo @marcy, that’s really pretty. Geez these people you work with are beyond the pale! I bet you’re looking forward to the day you can retire and get away from them. Good news that Marty’s gym will be ready soon. You’ve got 3 years to either prepare yourself, or think of some good excuses not to go to the next get together :mrgreen:

Ever looks stunning @Tekate, and the perfect size on your finger. We’ve decided to do a few more things to our house too, even though, hopefully, we’ll be moving in 2 years. I think the less things you leave for someone else to do, the better, gives them less reason to try and beat you down on the price. Kitchens and bathrooms sell the house, so if they’re looking good, it’s money well spent. We’ve decided to replace our instant hot tap, Costco have an offer next week on a complete new tap, which is less than the cost of the reservoir on ours. We’re going to use the ‘old’ tap in our utility room, change out the sink and counter top, and retile the splashback. We replaced and added to the units in there when we moved in, but this little upgrade should really make it look great. I’m afraid I only fly first these days, too old to sit with my legs wrapped round my neck on long haul :oops: :lol:

Did you see anything you liked at Costco today @Mamabean? ;)2 Yuk, the thought of sleeping on sheets that someone else has slept on:sick: The minute my guests leave, the bedding and towels are in the wash. Will you be coming to the UK when you visit Europe, although technically, we should be out by then :D?

Good grief @Scandanavian, WTH? I hope your house hasn’t sustained any damage from that idiot.

:lol: @canuk-gal we get enquiries from the US for dogs, but unfortunately it’s too expensive, and probably too traumatic for the pups to fly to a new home.

Oh no @Calliecake I’m sorry that pesky stone is causing more worry, I hope your Dr’s appt went well today, and that there’s an easy resolution to the problem. Dottie is very happy being an only ‘child’, I think she had more than enough company with that horrible dog in her previous home.

I hope you had an easy journey home @junebug17 after the palaver of the outward trip.

What good kitties taking it in turn to use the scratching boxes :D Apache was a big boy, was he a boxer, he looks huge @missy? Argh to more problems with your results and meds, you really don’t need any more stresses with everything else that’s going on. I’m sorry that it wasn’t good news for a change :(2 Little Oliver looks better each day, he really is a cutie pie :love: I’m really happy to hear the other kitties are doing better, and hopefully when the meds arrive, Tommy will start to improve too.

We spent the afternoon tackling the garage, we’ve cleared half of it and will have to do a run to the tip tomorrow. It was hot and dusty work :eek2:

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I missed that you did open the letter from your doctor...It’s so frustrating he won’t call you...Do you email him through a medical portal? This is how I communicate with my doctor. Maybe you can make an appointment to talk to him. It would be worth it to pick his brain and settle any questions you have. I wonder if your low thyroid is somehow related to your higher Alk Phosph...
@Tekate That pic of the guy in the T-shirt is hysterical! Hey comfort is important at our age! :lol:

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Callie, glad to hear you furbaby is a little scrapper. It helps all of us get through those tough times and TLC always helps. How fun you got to hold your niece. Special times and memories. Thank you for the compliments on my ring and flowers. Today was long (boring story below) but I accomplished what I intended. Oh no - I am so sorry to hear you have a larger kidney stone. Good luck with the tests and your doctor; hopefully they have an easy cure for you. Big hugs to you and mega dust coming your way.

Missy, sorry you are having a heat wave. We are in the 90’s all week here. Apache is a cutie; I remember seeing some of your pictures with him before. I am so sorry to hear about what your letter said; I hope the doctor calls you back soon and you get your meds worked out. I hate to hear the new medicine has a nasty filler with it. I spent over half of my day at work in meetings but I feel somewhat better than 3 of the 4 employees didn’t really have any major complaints other than adapting to be in the cube farm. Further boring story below. Thank you for the compliments about my blue diamond ring. I sure like the color of blue diamonds. Mini Magnums are small ice cream bars that are quite delicious. And they are small so I don’t feel bad eating one. I had one again tonight. Love Oliver’s tongue hanging out there; his eye is definitely more open. I hope his appointment went well. Good luck getting Tommy’s medicine in him and I am thrilled to hear your other kitties are doing so well.

Scandi, OMG - how awful. How much damage did he do? I am so sorry.

Mamabean, that is kind of scary people wouldn’t put clean sheets on for you. I totally washed the sheets on the bed at our rental before we slept on them. Thank you for the compliment on my ring; that was my first band style ring but I’ve always liked it. I am glad you spoke up to your friend about her child kicking you. By Friday I was definitely getting after that bratty kid. I hope you hear on your ring soon. I am with you on being a nervous flyer; we usually get first class too because I really freak out, my knees can’t take being bent that much and my butt fits better in larger seats. Marty generally has miles to help pay for them too. Yes, you should fly in comfort. Have a nice time at the wedding. Marty takes Ubers all the time and has done so in Chicago. It will be a fun weekend.

Kate, that JOTW is a gorgeous ACA and huge - I thought the same thing about having that large of a diamond in 4 prongs. My 1.5 carat is in 4 prongs and I will probably get a 6 prong if I ever remount it. Thank you for the kind words on my ring; it is one of my oldest ring that I liked enough not to trade up or sell for new jewelry money. You’ll like this I asked Marty to hold his hand “like this” where his fingers were curled over a bit then put my bruise up against it to see if it fit. He didn’t think I was funny; it wasn’t close anyway. I think most people make their kids mind but this one certainly could hold his own in a bratty kid contest. I’d freeze sleeping in a shirt like that. I wear slipper socks, sweat pants, long sleeve crew neck t-shirts. Your trip to Europe sounds great. Marty was quite impressed with the airport in Frankfurt. Your bathroom reno sounds great.

Austina, thank you for the kind works about my ring. I don’t wear that one much but I do like it. I swear dealing with my employees could drive me to retire. Good thing I’m easily bored and not a quitter. I did chat with all 4 of my old team today. Boring info below. I totally chuckled about having 3 years to plan a way to get out of the next family vacation. I was already toying with that the night they were talking about it. I think doing some upgrades isn’t a bad idea. When we were getting my parent’s house ready to sell they told us you won’t really get your money back from renovating the house but it helps it sell. He also said if something needs updated and isn’t they might still buy but make a lower offer so they have money to do a reno. Cleaning out the garage and the unfinished part of the basement is something I dread; it’s always a chore. You are Colin were ambitious for sure.

The chain holding my CBI pendant came loose today. Luckily the pendant fell and I saw it right away. It's the same style of chain that broke on me with my ACA pendant. I plan on ordering one of those wheat chains since I've had better luck with them and the clasp is larger. Very scary!

Skip this section if you want - it’s a quick version of my chat with my employee today.
I talked to all 4 employees on my team today. The other 3 didn't have many concerns and didn't mind being in the cube farm. So then I talked to the complainer and got pretty direct with her during out conversations. She doesn't like that no one says good morning to which I asked do you say hi to people as they walk by? No. She is worried the team isn't close or feels like a team anymore to which I said well what is stopping you from getting out of your chair and going to talk to someone? She is worried things will get missed when we get busy to which I asked what is being missed now? She didn't have an example. So she countered with well when we get busy something will get missed because we don't communicate. So I said why worry about something that hasn't happened yet? Aren't all of you guys senior techs and shouldn't all of you know what to do? Well yes. So then I asked about her comments that I insist on things being done my way. So I asked for an example. She had none. So then I brought up usually I only make a "ruling" when she and the other Neg Nel are arguing about how to do something. So once that door opened I pointed out how much they talked in the room and didn't work, how she and the other lady had a power struggle / ego struggle over how to do things. People didn't want to work with them or ask them questions. I pointed out most of our book and check lists came about because she was complaining about other people not living up to her expectations. And while I said she is welcome to do things any way she wants as long as the end result is correct I do reserve the right to change our processes. Well, I feel better now. You probably fell asleep there.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow it's gotten really late and I'm ready to call it a day, but I wanted to check in really quick...

@missy, Oliver is SO cute and I'm glad his eye is looking a little better. Love the pic of him and Greg together! I'm hoping you got encouraging news at the ophthalmologist today. It's adorable to see how much the kitties love that scratching pad! I love that they take turns, too cute:love: And omg, the pics of you and Apache are just precious. It's amazing how that bond with our furbabies never goes away ; I still miss my childhood pets...like they're people...I know it sounds crazy but I guess that's how much we love them. I'm sorry your doctor isn't being responsive and I hope you can get in touch with him soon to discuss the results. And ugh, what a pain about the medication! I hope you can get it straightened out soon.

@Scandinavian, sending you lots of love and comfort at this stressful time. We are here for you whenever you need some support and company. I am so sorry about the car hitting the bike and your house, you certainly did not need that added aggravation. (((HUGS)))

Omg @Austina, those doggies are beyond adorable! Thanks for the pics, they brightened my day. I'm glad to hear they will be able to go to good homes. Good for you for tackling the garage, that is not a fun job but it does feel really good when it's all clean and neat.

@AV_, what a pretty picture! Beautiful tree :love: I'm glad you got good news about your work.

@Tekate, Ever looks absolutely beautiful on you! Such a spectacular diamond :love: You must be having a blast wearing her. I'm sorry you're noticing that Salley is getting a little older but I hope you can just focus on each day and enjoy every moment with her. Yay to finding sneakers that are comfortable; and yes, John is wonderful and is crazy about you! And LOL to that pic and your comment, you made me choke on my decaf coffee! :lol: We're going to need to do some renovating in our house too...master bath, like you, and probably the other bathrooms too...in the long run I think it will make the house easier to sell when the time comes.

@marcy, ugh, I'm sorry one of your employees is being difficult...I think you're right, she liked being in one room because it was easier to control everyone! Your blue diamond ring is gorgeous!!!! :love: Love the color of those stones. Thank you for posting a pic, I don't think I've ever seen this ring before.

@Calliecake, I totally understand why this whole situation is causing you a lot of anxiety...it's been going on for weeks now. I'm hoping and praying you got good news today and something can be done to get this over with. (((HUGS)))

@Mamabean, it sounds like there's an issue with your ring! :cry2: I'm sorry and I hope David can fix it quickly, and hopefully it won't have to be remade. The wedding in Chicago sounds like it will be a lot of fun for you. It will be so great for you to spend time with your family.

We got home last night with no problems. Today I spent the whole day doing laundry...who knew two people could have so many clothes! I had to wash all the stuff in the suitcases that were sent back to the Philadelphia airport so maybe that's why it seemed like a lot. That was pretty much it, except for going to the grocery store. Here's a final pic I took in SC, this is on the way to the gym I go to. DD513F4D-FC36-49D7-83A3-4E8DCE2D2C19.jpeg

Thinking of all the nirdis and wishing everyone well! Xoxoxo

Attachments

• D199CF53-1E21-4747-A752-EF9E8B3FEF19.jpeg
    D199CF53-1E21-4747-A752-EF9E8B3FEF19.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 34

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, we were posting at the same time...sorry that you had to deal with your frustrating employee today but you handled it really well! And oh no to the chain opening, I'm so glad you caught it right away, whew!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should be sleeping but so excited I had to tell you my ring is done! It should be on IG soon because he sent me the video! It was just a reflection in the first pic he sent me...so there wasn’t anything wrong with it! I’m excited because I missed Lentil! I told him I was leaving for Maryland on Friday so to mail it then. I should have it on Monday! I took snapshots of a moving video so they are not the best!
C94CB955-CD5B-4820-B45A-2C5723EEFE30.png 5CA1672F-7601-436C-A336-1965F0AF0020.jpeg 1EF79B1A-7F2B-48C5-ABFF-77ED3EFAD05C.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should be sleeping but so excited I had to tell you my ring is done! It should be on IG soon because he sent me the video! It was just a reflection in the first pic he sent me...so there wasn’t anything wrong with it! I’m excited because I missed Lentil! I told him I was leaving for Maryland on Friday so to mail it then. I should have it on Monday! I took snapshots of a moving video so they are not the best!
C94CB955-CD5B-4820-B45A-2C5723EEFE30.png 5CA1672F-7601-436C-A336-1965F0AF0020.jpeg 1EF79B1A-7F2B-48C5-ABFF-77ED3EFAD05C.png

OMG it's GORGEOUS @Mamabean :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Woohoo!!1 So happy for you!!:appl:

Now cmon Monday...get here fast please.:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Back with coffee and breakfast and now can respond to each one of you. Hope you are all sleeping sweetly right now.

@junebug17 so glad you had an easy trip back home and gosh that scenery is just breathtaking. That's a lot of laundry you accomplished but good for you. I agree completely about our animals being people and in some cases more important than people. I mean they are our furry kids and we love them. Oh I miss all my childhood pets. Not as much as Billy and Frankie but a lot. Casey, Damien, Mickey and Minnie and Oscar and Apache to name a few. Oscar was our very first dog who we rescued as a stray. Apache was from a breeder and was a boxer and just an amazing dog but Oscar was the neighborhood stray who everyone fed and tried to adopt but we were his chosen family. One day he came in and decided not to leave. We were honored and privileged he chose us.

Oscarandme.jpeg

Hope you have a nice day Junie and stay cool. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate how exciting you are getting ready for your reno project and I hope the crew coming over give you some good ideas. Kate I just asked Greg and he said isn't the most expensive part generally. Probably laying tile is more expensive. But taking a sledgehammer to destroy stuff is not expensive. Anyway that is what Greg says. And I am with you. A nice master bath is great and important. I want to redo our master bath because it is in all cream beige and I hate cream beige. So exciting you are planning a trip to Europe. I am with you on business class. If one has to fly business class doesn't suck. I only flew first class a few times. It was sweet but it was on Greg's upgrade so I don't think we paid for it. Anyway it was the first time I ever did that and it was with Greg. Before Greg I was always in coach. And of course I have not flown for 15 plus years now and counting. No desire to fly either. I have gone everywhere I wanted to visit with the exception of just a few places. That might change one day but not in the foreseeable future. Traveling can be exciting and fun but for me more exhausting and stressful than anything else. Plus with our needy cats who don't tolerate other humans well we are the only ones who can take care of them. Francesca was our only "normal" cat. I miss her so freaking much Kate. I know you get it. My heart and whole body hurts when I think of her and that she is gone from this earth. She deserved to be here for longer. I miss my baby girl.

@marcy sorry work was challenging again but glad 3 out of 4 didn't cause any issues but all it takes is one. Oy. Thank you for the explanation of the mini magnum bars. That sounds yummy. I could go for that right now at 5:30AM LOL. I am glad you feel better after the chat you had with your employee. All I can say is sheesh. It's like you are ruining a camp for children. SMH. Hope today goes more smoothly at work and thank goodness for mini magnum bars. LOL. Oh no about your CBI pendant chain. Thank goodness nothing got lost. Whew.

@Mamabean did I say how much I LOVE your new ring? And thanks for the empathy. No there is no medical portal or online medical records at his practice. For a relatively young guy he doesn't have that set up. I am seeing him in another 4 weeks so might as well just wait. He does the blood at the visit and then mails the results but usually emails them too however this time he didn't email them. SO I didn't get them for weeks and weeks as we are not in Brooklyn where he mailed them. I clearly told him that too at my visit a few weeks ago. He chose to ignore that and ignore my email requesting the results. Frustrating. As I see him every 6-8 weeks for over a year now. I am trying not to get angry and I really just dont have the energy to deal with it yanno? I just don't. Not now. Anyway back to your delicious ring. Sigh.:kiss2:

@Austina yes Apache was a boxer. Sweetest disposition and believe me he needed that with 2 little girls climbing all over him LOL. He looked fierce but was super gentle. I think he weighed about 80 lbs. I forgot to comment on our meeting anniversary. Happy Anniversary. It all went so fast. The way you got Bella and I got Bubbalah and how we met and well it is a very nice memory. And one day hope to make it a longer memory. LOL. Good for you tackling the garage cleanup. You are very industrious. Keep cool and enjoy the day dear Austina.

@Scandinavian any updates? How are you doing honey? How's your mom doing physcially and emotionally? Sending more healing hugs and love your way.

@Calliecake thanks for being Ollie's cheerleader and glad your appointment went well yesterday. Sounds like your doctor is on top of things (unlike my endocrinologist but hey same old same old lol). Hope you wake and somehow that stone has disappeared!

Oliver Update: Vet ophthalmologist evaluated Oliver yesterday and woohoo ulcer has healed but as I saw his cornea is cloudy and scarred. That might heal but if it does it will take a couple of months so only time will tell. In the meantime she said to continue the round the clock drops for another 7 days just in case so poor Ollie has to endure drops for another week. But woohoo the cone is off and he is free!!! She said it is OK to introduce him to the other cats so that is just what we did yesterday evening. Oliver was chasing all of them so I am not sure it is off to a good start. It was humorous seeing Tommy and Bobby run from a little 3.5 lb kitty especially since Bobby is 16 lbs but there you have it. We took Oliver to the bedroom with us at night as we don't want to leave them unsupervised. So we shall see how today goes with the kitties.

Anyone want some more Oliver photos?
His eye vacillates between being open and closed.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.49.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.50.25 AM.png

Going to share more photos next post in case I lose this one. It has become too long and in PS land that means trouble with cyberspace as we all have experienced...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oliver photos continued...Free of the Cone of Shame finally woohoo! Long may that continue. Fingers crossed.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.53.40 AM.png

And he is a love bug albeit a wild one. He was giving me a kiss and I was like uh oh it's wet. Yuck and yumm all at the same time. What can I say. I'm complicated lol.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.53.57 AM.png
More kissing haha. Delicious.
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.54.35 AM.png

that eye keeps closing and opening. Still a way to go re healing.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.57.20 AM.png

Look at that face. Ferocious and precious all at once.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.58.19 AM.png

His eye

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.00.40 AM.png

Oliver is not scared of anyone or anything it seems. As I said the others were running from him but for a brief minute or 2. Otherwise Oliver spent the evening chasing all of them but Fred who would have no part of it. Bobby went upstairs as he got tired of being chased. LOL
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.59.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.59.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.59.28 AM.png

As I wrote he's a love bug.
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.59.11 AM.png

Uh oh hit the 10 photo limit. Have a great day girls and (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK cannot resist...a few more pics. He's so sweet and sassy at the same time. He doesn't do what he doesn't want to do let me tell you. He is exhibiting kitten behavior finally that he is free of that cone.

Letting me hold him when we got home yesterday after the vet visit. He was crying when she held his eye open with that speculum. Poor baby.
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.08.54 AM.png

And Greg is fully enjoying Oliver. OMG it is so sweet to see them bonding.
This is a video and I will try sharing it later but in the meantime here is a still shot. Oliver was purring so loudly.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.11.28 AM.png

hahaha this video he was grabbing my hands
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.12.26 AM.png

His eye was almost completely open at that moment.
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.16.31 AM.png

OK promise last pic (of the morning that is lol)
Please tell me if it is too many Oliver photos. Bling, kitties and ice cream. Makes life sweet, no? Yes.:kiss:

oliversohandsome.png

@Slick1 hope you are continuing to have a wonderful sweet sunny perfect vacation. Sending you big (((hugs))).

Have a sweet day lovely ladies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results