carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Tekate what gorgeous photos! You all look so happy! Thanks for sharing.

@missy little Oliver won't be little for long! Orange tabby's are such adorable and hearty fuzzballs--me luvs them so much! Healing vibes his way! And super LOLS to the layabouts on the lawn!! Made my evening.

@Scandinavian the news about your Mother is disheartening. I am glad she has people who are not only caring for her but also care about her. Hang in there! PS Your views were wonderful.

@Austina turbulence ALWAYS sucks. Glad you are on terra firma.

@Calliecake and @junebug17 I really enjoyed golf until I ruined my shoulder--which is now only good enough to support nice purses. :mrgreen2: But I agree--golf and where it is situated does give pleasure. It's all good.

@marcy I am thirsty. See you soon.

@Mamabean hello!

And where is our French Miss??? How can I help in your garden if I don't know where you are?? :mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I know we can't always have smooth sailing but if we could I hope it would sound like this. Oh and dance along....:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. It's Caturday Saturday. I am very sleepy this morning but that is because I was awake since 2:30AM today.:snore:

Thank you all for the warm welcome for Oliver. He's had many health challenges since he was born and we want to do everything we can to save his sight. It's scary because he has been under treatment for a full 2 weeks now but it was just getting worse and now that we have taken over and are bringing him to the veterinarian ophthalmologist I am hoping we can get a handle on it. He has a (most likely) herpetic corneal ulcer that is pretty deep and large. His eye could perforate but we have been giving him two sets of very strong drops every hour on the hour (with the exception of overnight as the ophthalmologist said that was not necessary but with the way I sleep we have been giving it to him in the middle of the night as well) for the past few days.

We gave Oliver his meds at 3AM today and I got out of bed for the day but told Greg to go back to sleep. Poor sweetie he has been keeping my hours since all these cat crises began. Today we are going to start giving the two different drops to Oliver 6 times during the day (for a total of 12 times because they are 2 different drops) so not every hour anymore. His conjunctival swelling is (in the vet ophthalmologist's words) profound. But right now we cannot treat the conjunctival swelling as much as we want to because the meds for that are contraindicated for the ulcer and could aggravate the cornea. It is a catch 22 as inflammation can cause permanent loss to his vision but the ulcer is the most critical aspect to treat right now. It's a complicated infected ulcer. And poor little baby is still so tiny with a developing immune system. If we can get the ulcer on the road to recovery we can then begin him on the antiviral drops I overnighted here. But we need corneal healing to happen first. :pray:

He is so sweet though despite all he has and is still going through. Purring up a storm. So hard for him as we are keeping him still and quiet as much as we can for him to have a better chance to heal. And he is a kitten and kittens have lots of energy and it is challenging for him to be still and quiet in the playpen away from the action. I feel badly because in reality right now he is a prisoner. Being kept away from everyone and in the playpen all by himself much of the day. All he wants to do is run and play and jump and groom himself and we cannot even let him groom himself for fear of aggravating that eye. I know we have to do what we have to do in order to try saving his eye but he doesn't understand. And in the meantime his eye keeps getting worse and worse plus now that he cannot groom himself it is all crusty and matted. We are doing our best to keep it clean but we have to be extra gentle with that eye. Anything touching it can exacerbate that ulcer.

In other kitty news (lol what can I say we have cats on the brain) I ordered Tommy's thyroid meds last night and it will be interesting to see if we can get the pills in him because he is not one we can pill. We got pill pockets and he seemed to like it despite the fact he has trouble chewing hard food and it always drops from his mouth and he keeps trying to get it back to eat it. So when the pills come we are going to see if he will eat it in the pill pocket. Fingers crossed.

Everyone knock wood is now eating and it is just a huge relief. When they were so ill (critically so because they were refusing to eat or drink and did not use the litter box (no BM or urine) for days and we thought we could lose them I felt our world was falling apart. So close on the heels of Francesca's death. It was too much. Now that they seem to have recovered (despite Tommy's issue which we are not clear about yet) everything seems more manageable if you kwim.

Greg said we had been super lucky to this point. Having cats for over 2 decades and never having health issues all at once. And yes all our cats died ultimately from either cancer (Buster, Francesca) or AI disease (Butch) or heart and kidney disease from long term insulin dependent diabetes (Billy) but we never had illness hit everyone at once all of a sudden. So I guess I am grateful that unto this point our cats have done well despite their ultimate deaths. My dad always said "Missy, no one gets out of this life alive" 8). I can laugh about it but seriously that fact really sucks. And of course I wish we could have longer with our loved ones both human and furry baby loved ones. Not to belabor the point but if we could have just had a little longer with our sweet girl. It all happened so fast and within 7 days from diagnosis to death. Too fast. Not enough time to say goodbye before she got critically ill. She went from purrrrfect to deathly ill literally overnight.:cry2: OK I just belabored the point. :oops2: Sorry. I just miss my baby girl so freaking much. :(sad

OK enough about the kitties. Catching up with all of you and glad to read some happy news.

@junebug17 what an amazing view. And so pleased you are enjoying wonderful weather and having a lovely time swimming in the pools and at the beach too. I hope dinner was yummy in Charleston last night. How perfect that you have the sand, the sea, the sun and lovely Charleston nearby as well. The best of both worlds. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean aww honey, thank you. Would we have liked an easy problem free kitty and not add to all the challenging issues we are already handling? Heck yeah but little Ollie needs us and I just hope we can help him. Oh no to water in your basement again. How is that going? Did your sump pumps get that water out? Water in the house is scary. Hope all is resolved by you now. How kind of you to help care for your neighbor and offer to get her food etc. I am a pescatarian too. You don't like to eat fish Joanne? Is there any fish you will eat? You are a good person Joanne with a heart of gold. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 I hope you are enjoying a great weekend and having a wonderful time at the beach. And I agree with @Mamabean you are a wonderful person. To have given up your surgery spot for someone else in need. Another heart of gold over here. I am sensing a NIRDI theme.:halo:

@Tekate I so love all the wedding photos where you and John are photobombing the loving couple.:lol: You all look beautiful. Love it.:love: Yummm to the cookies and pizza. And I love "Outer Limits". That and Twilight Zone (originals). Love that kind of scary. Also love "Stranger Things" but we only watched the first season so far.

Thank you for that link re chemicals and hyperthyroid issues. We don't use air fresheners or any chemicals because I am chemical sensitive and everything causes me to react. So even cleaning supplies are natural with no harsh chemicals but I am going to share the article with Greg and see what his thoughts are because you never know what I am missing and what might be in our environment. Though I understand hyperthyroid issues are common in older cats. Funny how Tommy and I have the opposite health issues. Well#Funny/notfunny ::)

Thank you for all your love and continued good wishes. I agree with you completely. Total shcmuck behavior from the endocrinologist. But I cannot spare any energy being upset with him right now. But you are so right. He should have called or emailed at the least. He is so busy. I did tell him we are away from NYC for the summer but still his receptionist mailed the results to the NYC address. So disorganized and busy there makes me wonder what else is falling through the cracks. Speaking of cracks I know part of those results are about my fast turning bones and how I need that radioactive bone scan. So yup not opening that letter for a while. I need to get the kitty issues under control first as I cannot head into the city for further testing right now anyway. (((HUGS))) and have a great weekend Kate the Great.

@Scandinavian what can I say? Great minds think alike.:P2 I am so very sorry sweetie about your mom's diagnosis but so thankful she is in the hands and care of very capable and competent professionals who are also her friends. You cannot get better care than that. Continued healing vibes being sent her way and more (((hugs))) to you. Love all your beautiful scenic photos.

@Calliecake please try not to worry too much. I know how hard that is to do. However, you are in good hands and being monitored closely. We are all here for you rooting for you and sending healing wishes your way. And I am sending big hugs and love your way. It is all going to be OK. And you are so right. It is always something. Hope you got to work in your garden and are enjoying good weather. And glad you got to visit with your niece in the city.

@marcy phooey is right. You *need* diamond dangles. What have I been saying all these years? Girrrrrl come here and we will do some diamond dangle shopping and I promise you will get some beautiful dangles. If WF is out of budget I think you need to explore the antique diamond dangle options. Just saying.:sun:

@Austina I am glad Bella had a little bath at the jewelry store. They always seem to bring out the best in our bling don't they? Thank you for the lovely comments re Oliver. Ginger cats are very sweet. Butch was a ginger cat though he was all orange really with no white while Oliver has lots of white. Butch was a pistol. So smart and fierce and sassy and sweet too. He was the only cat I ever had who would jump in the air and swallow flies whole. I was both fascinated by this and grossed out and thankful too as I hate flies (and all bugs). Sadly no cat since Butch has been able to do this for me. :wink2: I hope you are now feeling well rested and back to "normal" and have a lovely weekend on tap. XOXO

@canuk-gal aww I am sorry you no longer play golf but glad you get to enjoy other fun activities. Thank you for all your lovely comments and sending you (((hugs))) and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

@AV_ what is on your agenda this weekend? How is the heat wave going? Any iced cherries in your future? Since you wrote about those that has been something I have wanted. :lickout:

I ordered a blue cone for Oliver since they were out of stock of those when we first got him so I had to get the pink one. But the blue cone arrived yesterday and he is now wearing blue. Though he is secure enough in his male kitty hood to wear pink. Real boys wear any color they want.:bigsmile:

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.18.22 AM.png

Have a happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone up for some more Oliver photos?

In his playpen amusing himself with the "mouse" iPad game.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.26.34 AM.png

oliverandipad.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.27.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.30.03 AM.png

and yesterday afternoon a short video. Turn up the volume.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lest you think we are neglecting our other sweet cats no we are not. Here they are enjoying their newest toy. A scratch pad. OMG they all love these.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.40.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.41.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.42.32 AM.png
Tommy's newest toy...the feather thingy. He loves it. And he also loves the scratch pad. That one they all love.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.42.49 AM.png

And lastly the beautiful sky here early this morning.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.45.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.46.22 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Caturday Saturday girls. XO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Re iced cherries: a couple of days of all but a kg of them might have been enough even for me ,) (if you might wonder, no, there wasn't much room left for eating much of anything else - some... Kids do this right!) There are 0 cherries in the house at the moment.

It is seriously HOT already - if not where I live, certainly down on the other side of the mountains toward the coast, where the cherries come from: some of them are half way sun-dry, beyond ripen. Of course there will be more on Monday - if there are still any to be had & a cold soup of cherries with cottage cheese/honney/wallnut dumplings is among the nicest things I know to eat; somehow wild thyme works with these; the recipe is soomething picked in Norway - perhaps familiar @Scandinavian ?

Because Oliver is young, he reminds me of a little kitten I got to ween: we didn't know he had not been used to food & assumed he was too small, thin, terrified to make it... then came a saucer of milk: & he tumbled over his head into it - faster than he knew how to run! All ill was forgoten before the milk was done with, and he is a very house cat now. Corrolary: I trust Oliver will forget his misery too...

_

Not sure I'll be out anywhere on Sunday. Today is FULL.

Last edited:

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Missy-I just wanted to say how happy I am that your kitties are improving! Also so excited to see Oliver is in your care-lucky boy!!! We adopted a cat last yr that had a herpatic corneal ulcer, two things that really helped turn her eye healing around were Nordic Natruals fish oils drops in her food daily(to help tear production and reducing inflammation)and Lysine daily as well to help boost her immune system against the virus. Those two things along with tons of different eye drops, great food and lots of love saved her eye. It has scaring but it functions fairly normally and she has some sight. Also, we were told to keep Lysine on hand if there is alot of stress in the house to give to all the kitties-so we get it in treat form or capsules that we open on their food :) Best of luck!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy-I just wanted to say how happy I am that your kitties are improving! Also so excited to see Oliver is in your care-lucky boy!!! We adopted a cat last yr that had a herpatic corneal ulcer, two things that really helped turn her eye healing around were Nordic Natruals fish oils drops in her food daily(to help tear production and reducing inflammation)and Lysine daily as well to help boost her immune system against the virus. Those two things along with tons of different eye drops, great food and lots of love saved her eye. It has scaring but it functions fairly normally and she has some sight. Also, we were told to keep Lysine on hand if there is alot of stress in the house to give to all the kitties-so we get it in treat form or capsules that we open on their food :) Best of luck!!!

Thanks Stepcutnut! I have added L Lysine to everyone's food since we got Oliver and they all enjoy eating it. I will look into Nordic Naturals fish oil drops. Appreciate the info, thank you so much.

If possible could you link me to the Nordic Natural fish oil you give your cats? Thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @stepcutnut, just placed an order for it and it should be arriving early next week as it's 1-2 day shipping on Chewy. Love Chewy. I will keep you posted.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I LOVE your pictures and video.. so wonderful. I hope you can eat some now that your furkids are improving.. it sounds like stepcutnut has some really good info Missy, how did your new furbaby Oliver get this eye problem? maybe I missed it if you have posted it already. Again your pictures of beautiful and I am so glad that you opened your heart to a new rescue kitten, it's wonderful. Hope you had a wonderful day xoxoxoxo

HI everyone else, nothing new here it was hot so we stuck around the house all day. Talked to both my sons, Chris is working on his career and Mike is enjoying his baby, life is good.

Thank you all for lovely, kind and caring comments about my niece and her husband.. she is a toughie, but a GREAT mother and a good human, lucky she's in my life really.

On to Monday!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@missy Yes, that is the one we use-love Chewy also :) Our Vet Ophthalmologist was super happy with her response to the drops, her tear production was better in the injured eye vs non-injured after using those and another plus is her black coat is gorgeously shiny and her shedding is minimal on the drops :) Best of luck-hang in there!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Yes, that is the one we use-love Chewy also :) Our Vet Ophthalmologist was super happy with her response to the drops, her tear production was better in the injured eye vs non-injured after using those and another plus is her black coat is gorgeously shiny and her shedding is minimal on the drops :) Best of luck-hang in there!!!

Thank you. I wish I could get it today in a store vs online. That's what I hate about weekends. Everything takes longer to ship. So glad your kitties are all doing well. Did your kitty only have one experience with the corneal ulcer or is it recurrent? Appreciate all the info.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I LOVE your pictures and video.. so wonderful. I hope you can eat some now that your furkids are improving.. it sounds like stepcutnut has some really good info Missy, how did your new furbaby Oliver get this eye problem? maybe I missed it if you have posted it already. Again your pictures of beautiful and I am so glad that you opened your heart to a new rescue kitten, it's wonderful. Hope you had a wonderful day xoxoxoxo

HI everyone else, nothing new here it was hot so we stuck around the house all day. Talked to both my sons, Chris is working on his career and Mike is enjoying his baby, life is good.

Thank you all for lovely, kind and caring comments about my niece and her husband.. she is a toughie, but a GREAT mother and a good human, lucky she's in my life really.

On to Monday!

Aww thank you Kate the Great. I am eating better now yes. All the cats ate this morning thank goodness though Fred's asthma is acting up. But everyone is eating and that is the main thing. The poor kitty though and his eye. Oy vey. So the rescue group found Oliver because he walked right up to them so they took him in and got him checked out and neutered and a week later he got the eye infection. And it kept getting worse and worse. So Greg and I stepped in at that time and offered to cover medical visits etc but we couldn't take him home while our cats were sick. Then when his eye situation became more dire and our cats were doing so much better we took him home. I spoke with the vet ophthalmologist and my sister and a couple of other veterinarians. Bottom line is our cats are all probably infected anyway with the Herpes virus as they were all rescues and all had life on the streets with challenging beginnings. With the exception of Francesca because she was found as a baby by firemen and brought to my sister's office. But the rest of our cats were in rescue groups. And so most likely already have the herpes virus. And everyone was also vaccinated though it doesn't prevent infection but hopefully lessens it if one gets it.

Your wedding photos of your niece and her husband are beautiful and thank you for sharing her happy comeback. She is tough but sweet and she made a happy and good life for herself and her family.

@missy Re iced cherries: a couple of days of all but a kg of them might have been enough even for me ,) (if you might wonder, no, there wasn't much room left for eating much of anything else - some... Kids do this right!) There are 0 cherries in the house at the moment.

It is seriously HOT already - if not where I live, certainly down on the other side of the mountains toward the coast, where the cherries come from: some of them are half way sun-dry, beyond ripen. Of course there will be more on Monday - if there are still any to be had & a cold soup of cherries with cottage cheese/honney/wallnut dumplings is among the nicest things I know to eat; somehow wild thyme works with these; the recipe is soomething picked in Norway - perhaps familiar @Scandinavian ?

Because Oliver is young, he reminds me of a little kitten I got to ween: we didn't know he had not been used to food & assumed he was too small, thin, terrified to make it... then came a saucer of milk: & he tumbled over his head into it - faster than he knew how to run! All ill was forgoten before the milk was done with, and he is a very house cat now. Corrolary: I trust Oliver will forget his misery too...

_

Not sure I'll be out anywhere on Sunday. Today is FULL.

I hope you are right @AV_ that he is young and resilient and this won't scar him emotionally or physically. I hope we all forget this misery or at least it becomes a faded distant memory. This whole summer so far would love it to be a distant memory. Stay cool and get some iced cherries in the house pronto AV. You need something yummy to keep you cool. I snack on iced blueberries and they are so good. Yummm.

@Scandinavian keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

@Slick1 hope you are having a blast at the beach.

Have a good Sunday girls. Sending you (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday it was eerie because Tommy took Francesca's position on the couch arm. This is how she would occasionally sit but we never saw Tommy sit like this.

tommyatbeachhouse.png

and another Oliver photo.

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 5.50.18 AM.png

So we had some unwelcome excitement yesterday. Little Oliver is Houdini as yesterday for the very first time we went out for a short bike ride since we are no longer (for now at least) giving Oliver drops every hour. Well he got out of his cone and omg when Greg saw that on the camera (as we are monitoring him) I had a heart attack. We rushed home as fast as we could but I am sure he rubbed that eye as it was now clean and he obviously groomed his eye. That really sucks and could have set him back. I do not know how he got out of the cone as it was all snapped shut when we got back to him. But he squeezed his little head out. So Greg got to work and made it tighter with velcro additions. He won't be getting out of it now. But oy I am so mad at myself for leaving him in that situation. We just wanted to get out for a little bit. But now we are smarter and he will be keeping that cone on til we take it off. You can see the new velcro attachments in the photo above.

Last night I ordered 100 Francesca photo prints and will pick from those a few to enlarge and frame. It was bittersweet going through all her photos again. But I wanted to get some nice photos of her to frame.

Thanks for being here for us girls. All the kitties say meoooow and send purrs and love to each and everyone of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stepcutnut I am not sure if you read my post a while back and it is worth repeating. Do you give your cat Cidofovir at first sign of herpes eye infection? It is an anti viral drop (slows down herpes replication) that has shown to be effective in cats in slowing down the herpes virus. Just mentioning it in case your kitty needs it in the future. Thanks again for all your input and helpful suggestions.

Need to keep it refrigerated.
Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 6.19.23 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Oliver is funny! Good to see his eye open. The good people who handed him to you knew what they were doing.
This is a summer to not remember - If I did, thered be blood & I am not talking cherries ,) Sundays are so quiet & everything is closed - there are 'haba' broad beans in the making; I am buying them in the skin, and the resulting browth is a dead ringer of a mild miso - perhaps better, but it has been a while since I had any of the real thing; I'd have to import myself!
The day is too brilliant to be worried in it; I might be out later - if I can bring myself to break away from writing, or take some (nicest part ,) with me as often done.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@missy waiting for items to ship over the weekend is really tough sometimes, esp when it is something like the drops! Our Vet also carries the fish oil drops, but unless we are in for an appt or need them quickly, I just add them to my Chewy order, nice to no have them delivered to the door :) Our baby had the eye issue when we took her in also and thankfully after many months of healing she has had no recurrence and her eye functions fairly normally. We have so many eye drops on hand I will have to see if the Cidofovir is one of them, I honestly can't remember right now. We also received meds from Wedgewood Pharmacy-love them and so thankful for what we can have compounded through them, they compound one of our furry babes seizure meds. I have to say Oliver is a handsome little man, even with his cone, hope the new velcro additions help keep it on! I am sure he was quite proud of himself for getting out of it the last time :P2

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Mamabean, I was over hanging out with most of the in-laws by about day 4. I like about 1/2 of them but that other 1/2 are not my favorite. I am glad your FIL warmed up to you before he passed. Sorry to hear you have a tiny family and your MIL and FIL are gone. My MIL is very nice; she and my FIL can be a little on the snooty side sometimes but it’s not intentional. Both of them are nice, caring and supportive. I can imagine it’s challenging having your mom live with you. Does she need constant care? Now that I think of it I do have a small blue diamond. I have a ring with three 3mm teal Montana sapphires on it; the center one got chipped so the jewelry store kept trying to match it to replace it. They finally gave up and put a diamond in the middle. It looked STUPID so I finally had they get me a blue diamond and paid the difference between what the sapphire cost. I’d love at least a carat or more blue diamond. I am glad your neighbor is back to being independent. I am sure she appreciated your help.

Junebug, I agree; reaching 50 years of marriage is worth celebrating. That cake was good; I could have had a second piece but I behaved. That little boy was a total brat; he was having a fit, screaming, hitting people and wanted cake now!. They still gave him a piece; again he only learned that acting up with get him what he wants. Gorgeous views from the swim club. Very nice. I am glad you are having a nice time.

Kate, I really like those cheesy scalloped potatoes. I’ll make a meal of them - what there’s meat too? Ha Ha. I had some .44 carat diamonds as dangles before and thought they were big enough so my .51 carat ACA’s should work as well. Darn that pesky money though. We need to win the lotto. I did finish my article on meteor showers but need to tweak it and get it sent. Beautiful photos from the wedding. You look lovely too. I can see your ACA there too.

Sharon, I saved some champagne for you but when you didn’t show up by 9; I had a second glass. Good deal your injured shoulder can tolerate nice purses. I have to watch how heavy my purses are or I’ll get stiff necks and / or shoulder pain. Wishing us smooth sailing always.

Missy, Oliver is so cute. I am relieved to hear the other kitties are doing better. My dad always said the same thing is you never get out of life alive. Agreed there is never enough time with our loved ones. Ooh diamond dangle shopping sounds fun and dangerously expensive. I’m trying to get good for now - that might last a day or two. I love all the kitty pictures; how fun they like their scratch pad. Beautiful sunrise photos. I hate to hear Oliver got out of his cone but that shows he is a FIGHTER - good for him. I am sure Greg fixed up the cone so he can’t get out of it so easy. I totally get it though; I’m with Oliver when you eye is bugging you then it’s just got to be rubbed.

AV, I ordered cheesecake for dessert yesterday just because it said it came with cherries. Sadly it had 6 cherries and we were splitting it. It was not baked cheesecake though so neither of us liked it very well.

Stepcutnut, how wonderful you were able to save your kitty’s eye. Sweet.

So today I feel older than my normal old years. Sore, achy, tired. I got up about 7. I’ve been busy though. Down to the last batch of clothes in the dryer. I ordered groceries online to pick up this afternoon. I went through a week of mail; Marty’s pickup plates need renewed so took care of that and paid the light bill. I had to print out new dental insurance cards and new auto insurance cards. BTW, our monthly auto insurance went up $36 - thanks to my speeding ticket. Oops. I ordered a few steaks for us and did my Saturday lifting. I picked off some dead flowers. Marty has been napping.

Here are a few photos. My flowers are starting to bloom and had to get a shot of the Rockies yesterday when we were leaving the airport.

Take care.
Marcy
Flower3.jpg flower2.jpg home.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slick1, that will do for sure. Gorgeous!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Oliver is SO adorable! :love: You and Greg are doing such a fantastic job caring for him. How great you found each other. Omg to him wriggling out of his cone...he's small but he's tough. Poor little guy...but he'll get through this with your help, and you're doing everything you can to make him as comfortable as possible. I'm continuing to send him boatloads of healing dust. And your kitties look so cute on their new scratch pads, they really do love them! I'm glad they're doing so much better. And I hope the pill pockets work for Tommy, giving meds to cats is challenging. The ferals look so sweet and so comfortable hanging out on your lawn. Love your pics of the sunrise, so beautiful :love:

It must have been bittersweet to see Tommy in Francesca's spot - (((hugs)))

@Tekate, hang in there, you'll talk John into that new band eventually lol! My dh is the same way, he needs a little time to warm up to the idea of more bling. Your niece is absolutely gorgeous and her husband is really handsome. Beautiful venue too. And you look so lovely and John looks great. Nice bling shot too :D I am so happy things have worked out well and she is married to the love of her life. So nice you talked with both your sons and I'm glad they're doing well!

@canuk-gal, I'm sorry about your shoulder... seems to be a common problem unfortunately, I know several people who have shoulder issues. But it definitely helps that you can still rock your pretty purses! LOVE the song you posted, my gosh, what a voice. If that song doesn't get you moving nothing will.

@marcy, welcome home! I'm sure your mil and fil really enjoyed their anniversary celebration; it's great so many people made the effort to be there. So sorry you're feeling tired and sore; I'm always out of sorts after a trip and it takes a few days for me to feel normal again. (Well, as normal as possible lol). Good for you for not letting it slow you down, you got a lot done since you've been home. Your flowers are really beautiful :love: And lol to the rabbit in the car, I think he's happy to be home too!

@AV_, good luck with your work...it's great that you find your work so rewarding. Be careful in the heat if you do venture outside. Your cherry dish sounds delicious!

@Slick1, wow, what a gorgeous view! Have a wonderful time!

@Calliecake, keeping you in my thoughts...I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Xoxox

We had a good time in Charleston...it was hot but we walked around for a while and window shopped. It's funny, my dd's boyfriend likes to shop almost as much as she does... they were made for each other haha. Also had a lovely dinner. They stayed in Charleston and left for NJ today. Today my sister and bil came over and then we went out to a local restaurant for dinner. I'm staying away from the scale for a while after all these dinners out LOL. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon, so I'll spend some time cleaning and straightening...and I'll make time for a final float in the pool.

Hope everyone has a good Monday, love to all!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, good to have you back home safe and sound. Family get togethers can be scary. Glad you survived. Lol. The flowers are very pretty!

@missy Oliver is absolutely adorable. I wish fur-babies could stay babies. Wouldn’t that be a clever invention lol.

@Mamabean You must be the neighbor of the year. Glad you survived. You are very kind.

@AV_ I have never heard of that dish before. But I love all the ingredients so I think I must try it out!

@Tekate Gorgeous wedding photos! They look very happy!

@Calliecake has that stupid stone stopped bothering you yet?

As for me, no updates. We have cancelled our holiday and will stay close to home this year. My mother will start cemo next Monday (in 7 days) and are on pre-meds now. So everything is really just scheduled around her treatments. As it should be. I’m okay for now, focusing on the practical stuff and what I can do. If the chemotherapy does not work... that might be a different story. But we will not know anything more for two months. So for now, we’ll focus on getting through the cemo.

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

We had a good time in Charleston...it was hot but we walked around for a while and window shopped. It's funny, my dd's boyfriend likes to shop almost as much as she does... they were made for each other haha. Also had a lovely dinner. They stayed in Charleston and left for NJ today. Today my sister and bil came over and then we went out to a local restaurant for dinner. I'm staying away from the scale for a while after all these dinners out LOL. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon, so I'll spend some time cleaning and straightening...and I'll make time for a final float in the pool.

Hi Junie! So glad your DD and her BF are such a perfect match. Greg enjoys shopping too. Though it is generally for different things than I enjoy. Woodworking equipment, electronic stuff, audio stuff and occasionally clothes and shoes but not as much as he used to for the clothes and shoes. And of course you know I love shopping for bling, clothes and shoes. 8)

I am glad you are enjoying a lovely time and getting to see your sister and BIL. Good idea staying away from the scales. You can get back to fighting shape when you return home and for now just enjoy. And yes to floating in the pool. Love that sensation of being immersed by water and weightless. So relaxing.

Thanks for the lovely comments about Oliver. We are doing the best we can that is true. I just hope it is enough and I hope we can save his eye. :pray:
Hugs to you sweet Junie and have a safe flight back home.

Just cutting through with a, “Yep, that’ll do!” :dance:
See ya all soon! :wavey:

C45396D2-717F-4330-A1B8-C31407F3C69C.jpeg

Ooh breathtaking. That is Caribbean blue.:kiss2: Heaven. So pleased you are enjoying and relaxing and you deserve it girl and more. (((HUGS))).

As for me, no updates. We have cancelled our holiday and will stay close to home this year. My mother will start cemo next Monday (in 7 days) and are on pre-meds now. So everything is really just scheduled around her treatments. As it should be. I’m okay for now, focusing on the practical stuff and what I can do. If the chemotherapy does not work... that might be a different story. But we will not know anything more for two months. So for now, we’ll focus on getting through the cemo.

Honey, I am continuing to keep you and your mom close in my thoughts and sending healing vibes her way. One day at a time and when necessary one hour and one minute at a time. You and your mom will get through this and praying for her full recovery. Sending (((HUGS))).

o today I feel older than my normal old years. Sore, achy, tired. I got up about 7. I’ve been busy though. Down to the last batch of clothes in the dryer. I ordered groceries online to pick up this afternoon. I went through a week of mail; Marty’s pickup plates need renewed so took care of that and paid the light bill. I had to print out new dental insurance cards and new auto insurance cards. BTW, our monthly auto insurance went up $36 - thanks to my speeding ticket. Oops. I ordered a few steaks for us and did my Saturday lifting. I picked off some dead flowers. Marty has been napping.

Here are a few photos. My flowers are starting to bloom and had to get a shot of the Rockies yesterday when we were leaving the airport.

Love the photos Marcy. I am sorry you are feeling achey and hope today is a better day. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished despite feeling achey. Sorry about the auto insurance. And what a disappointment re the cherry cheesecake. It might not surprise you to know Greg makes a killer cherry cheesecake.:lickout: Sending you hugs and healing dust. Thanks for all the lovely Oliver and kitty comments. And at least you like 1/2 the in laws. Those are not bad odds.

@missy waiting for items to ship over the weekend is really tough sometimes, esp when it is something like the drops! Our Vet also carries the fish oil drops, but unless we are in for an appt or need them quickly, I just add them to my Chewy order, nice to no have them delivered to the door :) Our baby had the eye issue when we took her in also and thankfully after many months of healing she has had no recurrence and her eye functions fairly normally. We have so many eye drops on hand I will have to see if the Cidofovir is one of them, I honestly can't remember right now. We also received meds from Wedgewood Pharmacy-love them and so thankful for what we can have compounded through them, they compound one of our furry babes seizure meds. I have to say Oliver is a handsome little man, even with his cone, hope the new velcro additions help keep it on! I am sure he was quite proud of himself for getting out of it the last time :P2

Glad your sweet kitty is well and hasn't had another outbreak. Yes please check and see if you gave her Cidofovir. I am going to keep everything fresh on hand and just keep a to date med storage for Oliver because once he heals from this (hopefully he will) he can get further outbreaks and I want to be prepared. I like Wedgewood too but it can be challenging overnighting stuff as I did but they took an extra day to process so I wasn't pleased. If I am spending the money to overnight something I want it ASAP. BUT they were accommodating and did it as fast as possible so I do appreciate that. I called them and the lovely customer service rep spoke to her supervisor and then she called me back to update me. So yes I am pleased with Wedgewood. I couldn't get Cidofovir anywhere else. I searched all local pharmacies human and animal and nothing. We are fortunate Wedgewood exists. Thank you for the lovely Oliver comments. He is not bad looking even with his eye. He is a handsome little fella indeed. 8-)

@missy Oliver is funny! Good to see his eye open. The good people who handed him to you knew what they were doing.
This is a summer to not remember - If I did, thered be blood & I am not talking cherries ,) Sundays are so quiet & everything is closed - there are 'haba' broad beans in the making; I am buying them in the skin, and the resulting browth is a dead ringer of a mild miso - perhaps better, but it has been a while since I had any of the real thing; I'd have to import myself!
The day is too brilliant to be worried in it; I might be out later - if I can bring myself to break away from writing, or take some (nicest part ,) with me as often done.

Aww thank you @AV_ , we are doing what anyone would do. And sleep is overrated anyway right? :whistle: We used to have a town here that was closed Sundays. I think it was called the Blue laws. I am glad that is not the case anymore. I like things open 24/7 just in case. LOL can you blame me? I am thankful the animal hospital only half an hour away from us is open 24/7 just in case.

I hope you did get away from writing for a bit to enjoy the best part of the day. Refresh, reboot and back to writing.
And yes this is a summer not to remember fondly at least right now.::)

Hi @Tekate and hi @Austina and hi @Mamabean hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed the rest of the weekend. Happy Monday.

We got to enjoy some cycling yesterday again and what we did for the past 2 days is go for an hour and come back give Oliver his drops and then cycle some more and rinse and repeat. It's been working out pretty well that way. Today is a work day so only going for a shorter ride today. Plus we are in the middle of a long heat wave lasting through next weekend according to the local meteorologists. So no long rides for us until the heat breaks. We would have left by now as earlier is cooler but for Oliver and his eye drops. So have to wait til the next set and then go.

Yesterday we actually got Days for the first time in a while. Ahhh it was so good.

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 6.53.30 AM.png

Have a marvelous Monday girls.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And sweet little Oliver when we got home yesterday after our cycling. He is super sweet.

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 6.55.43 AM.png

Look at that tongue lol
Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 6.56.37 AM.png

Eye still not great but fingers crossed he will heal. Vet ophthalmologist appointment tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 6.57.18 AM.png

And Oliver this AM

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 6.58.56 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh my goodness @missy, isn’t he the cutest little puss ever :love: His eye is already starting to look better, everything crossed for a complete recovery for him. I’m glad to hear it’s not just the furry boys who are eating again, you can’t afford to lose weight, there’s nothing of you as it is! Do you know, it’s a year ago today we boarded the ship in NY for our cruise? How did the time go by so quickly? Glad you’re still able to get out for some cycling and ice cream. :lickout:

Sorry you’ve had to cancel your holiday @Scandanavian but totally understandable that you want to be there to help your Mum through her chemo and on the road back to health. Sending good thoughts for good news.

Argh, one of my pet peeves @marcy, people letting their kids behave like total brats. Sets them up to be bratty adults like Moaning Minnie who go through life thinking they’re ‘owed’. Glad you managed to enjoy the visit regardless. You’re making me feel really old knowing that Marty’s parents have only been married 10 years more than us :eek2:

What a lovely view @Slick1 hope you’re enjoying every moment and relaxing and resting up.

Autie’s always smiling @Tekate, must make you so happy to see that little face beaming back at you. Not too long now till you can get back and cuddle her again.

Sounds like you had fun @junebug17 , Colin actually likes shopping too, just as well really :lol: Holiday food calories don’t count! :P2

Hi @Mamabean, how’re things with you?

Did you have a good weekend @AV_? It sure is hot in Europe at the moment.

We’ve had a busy weekend, caught up with the laundry on Saturday, and had to do a home check yesterday for these 2 little cuties, everything checked out fine, so they’ll hopefully be coming over soon.

0909DA30-E6A6-4D27-A843-91EEE8139A80.jpeg F5EA5F9A-4C30-4601-BF7E-554111E32557.jpeg

Must get out in the garden this afternoon, lots of weeding and deadheading to do. I can’t say I feel like it, I’m soooo tired, but hey ho, it has to be done.

Have a great Monday NIRDIS :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results