shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@missy your new earrings are “ the cat’s meow!” as my grandmother likes to say!! :love: They are absolutely fab and look divine on you! Congrats! And hose Platt Boutique trays...sigh! I have been pining for a crescent conversion necklace for far too long. The movie we saw was The Hustle. We should have saved it for a rental at home but it was cute and I loved spending time wig my Love. How did your allergist appointment go?

@AV_ oh my goodness that air show sounds wonderful and Terrifying!

@junebug17 thank you for the ring love (and hugs for my dd)! I worn it every day since since I picked it up, lol. I think it needs a rest today. How is your sweet zoe doing?

@Austina oh no! for Colin needing surgery, but glad he’s getting it taken care of. I can’t believe he has to wait so long though. :-o I wish him much comfort and easy healing. Sending ((((Hugs)))). How was Bletchley Park?

@marcy your dinner a la Marty sounds great...what a sweetheart! Neg Nel sounds like a permanent thorn. How frustrating! Are your articles published somewhere you can link to? I’d love to read them.

@canuk-gal i’m so glad your cabbage rolls turned out well. Yum!! Three days of biking would definitely leave me sore. Are you feeling better? I’d imagine I’d be walking like a cowboy, lol. Thanks for the ring love!

Things here are good. I’m sitting on my porch enjoying the “enchanted forest” of songbirds that sing to the sun every morning. It’s lovely. It’s the perfect combination of warm sun on my back and crisp cool weather.

Dh flew out yesterday for an all day interview (#5) at the company in Arizona that’s been courting him. I really hope it goes well. This should be the last hurdle. They’ve flown the entire board in for the interview. We found a house we like, but dd2 is energetically “sensitive” and has already said we should skip it, lol. Ds1 is wrapping up his first year of high school with great grades and a couple of awards. I’m very proud of him. He’s such a great kid.

Have a wonderful day ladies!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, continued good luck coming your way.

Missy, great new pictures and videos of your gorgeous earrings. They are so pretty. You totally nailed it about Neg Nel; she dwells in her own unhappiness, misery and bitterness. She totally plays the victim and until she realizes what she brings on herself she isn’t going to change. I honestly don’t think she realizes how nasty she comes across to people. I did what you did there about snow, snow go away. LOL. Sorry the allergists couldn’t figure out if you could take that dye or not. Hopefully those meds would help. Did you catch up with M?

Keeliamira, Neg Nel is a thorn in my side yet I feel bed for her; she sure knows how to play the game when she needs to clean up her act. I keep trying to find my articles online but haven’t been able to yet. The next time I submit one I was going to ask if they are posted online. I’ll let you know if I can get a link to them. Your enchanted forest sounds awesome. Good luck to your DH on his interview. My in-laws live in Florence, AZ. Congratulations to your DS1 for finishing the year with great grades and some awards.

We are starting our 3-4 month slow period at work. I am going to train 2 girls to help us out to pass my time.
Marty’s back is hurting pretty bad so he went and had a massage today. He is in a lifting competition the beginning of June so he won’t give up lifting for a few weeks to let it rest. If only he wasn’t stubborn like me. Ha Ha.
I lifted tonight. Yay me!
A friend of mine from college passed away today. She is my sister’s sister-in-law. She had an inoperable malignant brain tumor. She’s been bad for over 3 years now; pretty sad. She and her husband stopped by to see us before they operated on her a few years ago but I hadn’t seen her since. They live in Texas.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 thinking of you and Zoe. Sending lots of (((hugs))) and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

@Keeliamira good luck to DH and you and my fingers are crossed for you guys that his interview went well! Yes to finding a home you both love but oh no to DD being sensitive to the energy there. I sort of believe in that kind of thing though so maybe you should keep looking? Or maybe if you guys do a cleansing of the home that would bring it to a positive energy? What does your DD2 think about burning sage for good energy? Congrats to DS1 on graduation woohoo nice going! Thank you for the lovely earring compliment. Cat's meow. Love it. XO.

@marcy woohoo to lifting last night, sweet. Sorry Marty hurt his back and hope he is competition ready in June. And oh no about your college friend dying from a brain tumor. So sad. :cry2: My friend J died from a brain tumor and she was too young also. Hope your 3-4 month slow at work period goes OK and that training new employees isn't a chore for you. I enjoy being a mentor when the person I am mentoring has a good attitude. Hopefully that will be the case for you and your trainees. I did catch up with M and might even see her today too. We will see. Hugs.

@Sandeek sending buckets and buckets of healing dust your way and praying for you. Hard. Honey we are all here for you and sending you much love and positive energy and please know no matter what you are going to get through this. (((HUGS))) and healing energy outgoing.

fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif

@AV_ how are you doing? You have us in suspense and hope you are coming back when you have time to let us know what is happening with you. Sending you lots of good energy. XO.

This morning I am off to OT. 8AM appointment. Hopefully my last one. Finger is still very swollen at that joint and not making any progress. In fact the bump is as big as before the surgery. My body is weird. But I can use that finger and I am functioning just fine albeit a bit of pain. It was a deep incision so I guess (hope) it is still healing and will improve.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday and sending you hugs and good thoughts.

Instead of leaving you with a bling pic or a fur baby pic I am leaving you with Greg's latest project.

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 6.03.01 AM.png

Have a good day girls!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Dh’s interview was smashingly good! He was really excited and energized after 8 hours of interviewing, despite his exhaustion, so I think that’s a good sign. He looked at the house with our realtor on his way to the airport and it was even better in person. Dd2 is still not keen on it, but said the same thing you did @missy about clearing it. Don’t think me too odd, but my family has always been able to see and sense things others do not so the energy is a concern. I’m thinking perhaps we can have a shaman come to help. As for sage, it’s good and can be helpful for general negative energy but not so effective if there’s stuff hanging around.

The house is just too good! It’s 3300sq ft, fully updated kitchen and baths with a pool on 1/2 an acre in town. There’s room to build a 2/2 guest cottage and we’d still have room for a basketball court for the kids. And it’s 350k less than our current home so I’ll be able to pay off all my student loans when we sell. The only hiccup is that the hardwood floors have been stained Bright Red. No joke. And every wall is yellow! It looks like catsup and mustard! We’ve taken to calling it Hot Dog House :lol: Now we’re crossing our fingers for a formal job offer!

@missy, I hope your OT goes well and your swelling goes down. You certainly deserve a health break! What is Greg working on? It looks complicated. Fascinating!

@marcy I'm so sorry your friend died. :cry2: That is such a hard decline to deal with. A young friend of the family was diagnosed with a glioblastoma when she was 14 and it was inoperable. She passed when she was 17 and living through her illness was so hard. Sending love and ((((hugs)))) to you and her family. I hope Marty lets his back heal but in my experience, men are not the best at listening to their bodies. Sending healing energy...

Have a fabulous day NIRDIs!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outside OT waiting for them to open. Just wanted to say @Keeliamira i totally believe in good and bad energy and all that stuff. Good luck and woohoo on your DHs good interview! Keeping good thoughts for all of you.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Don't worry - I am doing enough of that for ten. I am still making those news to tell.
-

NIRDI, Thank you very much indeed!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
H i !!! Everyone, we got home last night at around 7:30 EST pm. :) I'm trying to read thru everyone's updates and info, I got tired ... hahaha. age. So I thought I would start a post myself.

Okay, being a grandmother is the best. My son and DIL are WAY mellower than I was as a new mom, the baby is growing be leaps and bounds as my mom would have said. She has dark blue eyes, dark brown hair with red highlights but that may all change because my boys went from dark to light to dark brown again :) ... SO I gotta tell you this Kate the GrEAt story about our trip back... okay, 3 nights ago we arrived in Memphis, TN for the first night on the road, so Mr Grumpy Puss (a common theme amongst husbands I think, but then again I've only been married TWICE, sooo...) is being grumpy.. Mr GPs is my team leader (he thinks) and so no more Intel teams to boss around, there's only me.. :) I, being an extrovert, sort of insane, Irish woman, ignore him, or shout things like "YES MEIN FURHUR! (you know to get him REALLY GRUMPY, fun stuff I love it) so we grumpily fight over what food to get, no effing timer on the TV (THAT REALLY REALLY makes him grumpy).. so I just shut the damn thing off and say, nighty night CAPTAIN!... so at 2:00 a.m. the fire alarm goes off, now I am so out of it I think it's the alarm from John's phone has gone off and I fall outta the bed, and John says "Get Dressed!!!!" we have to get out, so I can't find my bra, little own my pants etc, and I'm think WTF? why hasn't he shut off the EFFFING ! phone... so it took my like 3 minutes to get it, so then the alarm goes off, and Commander GPs is so grumpy that he stays dressed, AND OPENS a BEER! he has had on the trip but always forgets to drink.. so I know this is a GRUMPY GALORE time.. this is the worst grumpy time in a LONG time.. so he grumps and I pretend to sleep, so the Chief finally get's ready for bed again, lies down and grumps about and then the ALARM GOES OFF AGAIN...LOL, now I cant say I'm LIKING this alarm stuff but rather than get too angry I look in the hallway and smell smoke and since we are like 3 doors away from the front desk (when you travel with animals and you stay at these 3 star motels you get the worst room locations and you have to pay money for nothing) I hear the front desk guy saying that he cant figure out how to shut off the alarm and that somebody was making toast (at 2:00 a.m?) and burned the heck out of it, of course the firemen/women are there, so I say I'm going back to sleep and so did my Commandant!.. the whole thing was funny to me.. so the next day the driving was long and we were both tired, but we got over 'our' grumpiness with a promise of a new stone maybe in the near (like 6 months) future! John is a wonderful man, a great father, and the love of my life, but he is used to being head honcho.. ME? I get to a boiling point too but not nearly as fast.. men and retirement.. the rest of the trip home was uneventful but my GOD! the traffic on the loop around Boston was unbelievable, I will never drive thru it again.. nope.

I didn't read anything but an occasional SMTB.. so I'm reading thru as fast as I can.

@Austina wowza on your son's foyer, looks very Texan.. love it!

@Mamabean We are going to be Nanny and Grandpa if Autumn agrees :) Ever so happy that your melanoma has never returned!!!!

@missy I have to read more on the medical info.. I didn't know your Alk Phos was high, mine is usually high, ANYTHING will throw it off, any medication, I asked my SIL (the pediatric cardiologist) about it and she said most physicians don't worry unless it's 2-3X elevated, but she is a kid doctor :) ... Didn't know or remember that Greg had melanoma.. good to continually check it, anyone I know that had treatment has not had a recurrence. xoxoxo for now gotta read more.

@Calliecake @Austina we saw some great and some not so great houses in Texas.. our thinking now is maybe we will build.. John wants land, so Bertram is a big consideration.. we shall see.

that's it for now.

Happy to be in my home with MY BED..

love you guys!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance:@Keeliamira, I’ve got everything crossed that there’ll be a fantastic offer coming DH’s way. Well done to DS1’s academic success, he’s obviously worked hard and deserves his results. The house you’re interested in sounds a mega bargain, even with the ‘gourmet’ decor :lol: Hopefully DD2 can be appeased by a cleansing. When we moved here, one of the bedrooms on the top floor had bloodshot eyeball red walls, ceiling, everything! Took me 7 coats, but it’s now a very neutral Farrow & Ball Off White.

Oh no @marcy, I hope Marty will be fit enough for his competition. How much weight is he hoping to lift in the comp? I’m so sorry about your friend, that’s really sad, I hope she didn’t suffer too much.:(2

I hope you’re doing well @sandeek, but Missy’s comment suggests otherwise :(2 Sending lots of positive healing vibes your way. Take good care xxx

I hope the OT appt went well this morning @missy, sorry your finger is still swollen, but it does sound that using it is a bit easier. The earrings look even better in the video, I can understand why you felt so compelled to have them, and of course they’re just so you! Yay to spending time with a friend, and I hope you managed to catch up again today. How inconsiderate of Greg to have to work :lol:

Glad you’re still in the land of the living @AV_ :mrgreen:

Our day out yesterday started with fantastic weather. We dropped Dottie off to Tom @9am and set off. The SatNav alerted us to problems in our route and asked if we wanted an alternative, which we selected. Turned out there was a fatal accident on the M25. This is the motorway that orbits London. We later found out it was closed for 6-7 hours with 30 mile tailbacks. It’s often known as the world’s largest carpark.

Our journey took us twice as long, and when we eventually arrived at Bletchley Park, we couldn’t get in due to roadworks closing the road. We were 200 yards from it! We parked in the station car park and walked.

It’s an amazing place, and when you read about the work there, it’s just astonishing what they achieved. Experts believe the essential code breaking they did there, shortened the war by 2-4 years.

When we got home, there was a very angry email from Shirley (not angry at me). I emailed her DIL because I knew there was more to things than she said. I decided not to reply yesterday, partly because I was really tired and also, her attitude can change dramatically day to day. I decided to email her DIL today to see how things are before replying.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day.

Leaving you with some photos of yesterday.

D8F6B5D8-E783-40C2-9168-9DD58EF3E5D3.jpeg
The lake

A799A67D-2865-40B5-B6CA-B72B50025D33.jpeg

The ‘Mansion’

9D1BFEC7-3880-44FC-919A-C94B634E5A5A.jpeg
Alan Turing

27107206-4EC8-4C74-AF77-B525F374AB06.jpeg

Bust of Winston Churchill in The Mansion

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3E001C06-1588-4D56-A97D-DD32F56AE47F.jpeg 44E9B3FA-B1F4-4F8B-8067-AA583F322CD0.jpeg

Look at the detail on the ceilings!

FAB1D718-FB6B-496E-A2F0-E807A45131B2.jpeg
A Packard used for getting messages to London quickly

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy No flooding but girl that was the rain from hell, I heard sparks from lightening.. when it rains in Texas it's like a flood from the sky.. not like here in the NE.... gentle rain with torrents only.. ! :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
06D452F6-509F-4673-A9AA-7C86FC6994EC.jpeg

One of the big offices in the Mansion
4361F931-7E01-4A95-A225-F598CE84EFD3.jpeg
One of the Enigma machines
7728F9E0-F13B-47D9-90A1-6E20A8BC2409.jpeg
Replica of The Bombe - the machine used to decrypt the codes. The only original one left resides in Maryland. Everything at BP was dismantled after the war and taken away.
AE71E55C-4A22-4F88-B5A4-E58CB389B095.jpeg

One of the offices in one of the numerous huts.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 I haven't read thru fully at all but am sending love to Zoe.. I hope all is going okay.. it's so hurtful when something you love is illl.. I know the feeling..

@missy love those earrings and they look awesome on you!!!

@marcy new software ?? I hated it, and I truly understand playing with it and using the vids as a backup if needed!

@Austina jeez loueeze.. September for Colin's surgery? Austin has so so so many more hospitals than when we lived there an we have only been gone for 5 years... I feel the medical people in Austina are better than the ones up here in Maine, and most of my docs here went to Harvard some way (med school or undergraduate)... I'm very glad his pain is not too severe!

Kate keeping head down and reading more.. :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean happy anniversary!!! so happy for you both.. marriage is a tough ride at times.. sending you belated happiness! xoxoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek and Junebug, I was wondering if you guys have somehow blocked me, AND if it was done for any reason I would understand as I'm often annoying.. odd tho.. so I know how Sandee is doing and June by what others say...So sorry if I have offended anyone..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s ok @Tekate, Colin was anticipating waiting till the end of August by choice. We have our trip to Austin coming up, so he didn’t want it done before, then 6 weeks after we get back, we’re going on a cruise. So he wanted to leave it until after the cruise. If he’d been getting it done on the NHS, he’d probably be waiting till next year, and risk getting cancelled at the last minute. He’s asked them to put him on the standby list for our local hospital, so we’ll see what happens. Either way, he’s ok, and happy to wait till September.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek and Junebug, I was wondering if you guys have somehow blocked me, AND if it was done for any reason I would understand as I'm often annoying.. odd tho.. so I know how Sandee is doing and June by what others say...So sorry if I have offended anyone..

@Tekate, I definitely have not blocked you! I love your posts. You are the best, I would never do that :kiss2: I checked to see if I might have inadvertently clicked something by accident but I don't think so. I haven't been posting as much in the nirdi thread recently, maybe that's it? If I have accidentally blocked you, I wouldn't be seeing your posts, right? I'm sorry, I'm rambling but just a little confused!

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omgoodness, @Tekate you are most definitely not blocked by me. I have been speaking with Missy offline. I have requested @Ella change my username here. When I signed up, I didn’t realize how much I would enjoy PS or that I would stick around. Obviously I love PS but am hesitant to post much lately. Especially given my health issues which are quite identifying IMO along with my username. Work and health issues take a lot of my time also.
I do read along here as I love this thread, so hopefully when/if my username is changed I will be able to be more forthcoming.
@Tekate I am struggling with that stomach thing again....:nono: We can chat on IG if you like,,,your granddaughter is adorable. Welcome home! :kiss2:
@missy I hope your PT went well. Sorry to hear that your finger is still sore and swollen. I hope today is your last PT appt! Yay!
@junebug17 sending dust to your precious Zoe and so sorry to read about your loss @marcy
Good luck to your husband @Austina I hope he is feeling well!
Happy anniversary to @Mamabean
Good luck to your hubby @Keeliamira I hope he gets an offer!
I hope all is well with you @AV_ your recent post makes me think you are fretting about something. Good vibes your way!
Sending hugs to all of the NIRDIs.

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Yay! Looks like my username is changed. Thank you so much @Ella
I feel much more private now!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon girlfriends...:P2
I’ve been a nervous wreck lately trying to make myself be a big girl and make an appointment with my doctor. I’m nine months overdue. Every time I go to the doctor she find something else wrong with me. I’ve been trying to distract myself from worrying about making the overdue appointment. I had to take David to the doctor today..same doctor as mine...She told David he needed to have blood work done. He got so upset...poor guy. I convinced her to let me prepare him to have it..He was crying and saying he was afraid..I told him we will come back and have it done in two weeks. My sneaky doctor told David that she was going to send ME over to the lab to have mine done TODAY...telling him his mom was brave..NOT..I was giving her a fish eye..very sneaky...So I got blood work today that I wasn’t expecting. I’m a wreck. I’ll be checking my email hourly for an email from my portal. :(2 I also have a physical scheduled next week..sigh..I’ll be back later when I calm down...:pray:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I was so glad to read you can hold off on the CT scan, that's a relief. I absolutely love your new earrings, they are gorgeous and look beautiful on you! Love the videos of them. You must be having the best time wearing them. Gorgeous pics of Bubbalah too. Sorry the allergist couldn't shed any light on you possibly being allergic to the dye or Technetium and hopefully you can put all of this out of your mind until your next appointment. Sorry that your finger still isn't healed completely, and I'm sending lots of healing dust and hoping that with time it gets back to normal.

@Austina, I'm sorry Colin needs surgery but happy to hear that he's not in pain or uncomfortable. Sounds like you have a fun summer ahead of you. Thank you SO much for taking the time to post all the pics of your trip to Bletchley Park...I really enjoyed them and they made me feel like I was right there with you. <3

I'm sorry you got an upsetting email from Shirley and I hope it can all be straightened out so that she's more at peace.

@marcy, lol to your coach getting after you, now that's motivation! Good for you for tackling the newsletters early, one less thing you'll have to do when those months roll around. Oh no to Marty hurting his back, I really hope it's nothing serious and he's feeling better soon.

I'm so sorry about your friend's passing, very sad and such a terrible illness. (((Hugs)))

@AV_, you sound like you're having some busy and stressful days, sending lots of good thoughts to you that things settle down soon.

@canuk-gal, oh no to being saddle sore! Hope it goes away soon. Enjoy the great weather.

@Keeliamira, so glad to see that dh's interview went really well, and how exciting you've found a house you love, it sounds fantastic! Lol to it being a hot dog house, luckily it can all be changed! Congratulations to your sweet ds for all of his amazing accomplishments, you must be so proud. I'm happy your new ring is bringing you so much joy...I can see why, it's just gorgeous.

@Mamabean, I do not like hearing that you are so upset and worried, sending love and comfort to you. Try not to worry too much, there is a good chance everything will be fine. I do understand putting things off due to anxiety, I do the same thing. I'm sorry you're so stressed, I know it's a terrible feeling. And I'm sorry David had a rough day too.

@Slick1, I'm sorry to hear about your stomach issues, you've been through so much and it's just a shame things are dragging on like this. Xxx

@Tekate, welcome home, glad you made it back safe and sound! LOL to your night time adventure, and yeah, who makes toast at 2 in the morning??? Your dh reminds me of mine...he's a manager/boss and used to telling people what to do and them doing it lol. Sometimes I use the Jim Gaffigan line "Quit bossin' me around, bosser!" Hope you're settling in, you've been gone a while.

Thank you again for all the good thoughts about Zoe...she's ok right now, pain meds have helped. Taking things one day at a time.

Ok, I promised myself I'd return a pair of shoes today so I better get moving before UPS closes.

Sending love to all!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, The new earrings are beautiful! I hope you and Greg are enjoying the day cycling and are having great weather.

@Sandeek, I’m so sorry something is going on with you. I hope it’s nothing serious. Sending lots of healing dust your way Sandeek.

@junebug17, I hope all is well with Zoe and the medicine is working well for her. I know this is really hard June.

@Tekate, It sounds like Mike and Cara have adjusted to having a newborn nicely. If you decide to build a house you can pick everything out. It’s a pain to go thru the building process but you do end up with a house you love. Do you think Chris would ever consider a move to Austin? You will be laughing about the hotel stay for years to come. Does John mind driving the road trips?

@marcy, I’m sorry about the news of your friend dying. Has Marty gone to the doctor about his back? Are you concerned the lifting could make it worse? I’m glad you had a couple of nice weather days recently. Our weather has been crazy. It’s really nice now but I’m holding off on flowers until Memorial Day weekend.

@Austina, Thank you for posting the pictures. What a beautiful place. Are you getting excited about the upcoming trip to Austin? I’m sorry Shirley is having a hard time. Hopefully she will be doing better today. I’m sorry Colin needs to have surgery but glad it doesn’t need to be done immediately. If Colin was in pain would they have scheduled it right away or would he still have had to wait? My husband had the same surgery about 5 years ago. He had a pretty easy recovery.

@Mamabean , Happy 45th Anniversary! Are you happy with the new rug? It nice to have flowers in the spring. I knew pansies could handle cold weather better than some annuals but was amazed that our neighbors survived the snow we had two weeks ago. I plant geraniums and ivy in planters around the patio every summer and have rose bushes in the yard. We had a really cold winter and am hoping the roses survive. I have a feeling some will need to be replaced.

@Keeliamira, I’m glad to hear your daughter is doing better. Sending lots of job dust your husbands way. If everything goes as planned and you decide on this house, you can always have the house painted and the floors refinished. Your new ring is beautiful.

@av, There is an air show every summer about an hour from where we live. They keep some of the jets at an airport near us for a few days before the show They get everyone’s attention when they return from the city at night. They are cool to watch.

@canuk-gal , You must be thrilled to be out cycling again. Thank goodness for nicer weather.

Nothing much going on here the past few days. My mom hurt her back so we have been going to see her the past few days. Our air conditioning wasn’t working yesterday so someone is coming out today to fix it. I’m so grateful it happened now instead of when it’s 90 degrees outside.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, You aren’t alone about worrying about doctor appointments. A few of us here can relate well to feeling anxious about them. Please try not to worry. I hope you get good results quickly and that you were able to help calm David.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @Tekate I didn’t see your post above my mammoth tome, welcome home! That was some road trip. Your story reminds me of when we were in SF. Fire alarm goes off at 2am, we get a call from the front desk telling us fire fighters are on their way to our room, as there’s some kind of panel there they need to access. I told Colin I was not getting up, they’d just have to cope with seeing me in bed with no make up on :lol:

Thanks @Calliecake, yes we’re really looking forward to our trip, although slightly worried about how we’ll find Shirley. Glad to hear your DH recovered well from his op.

Glad to hear little Zoe is doing ok @junebug17 .

Sorry David got so upset @Mamabean , I hope your results come back all clear.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @junebug17 June! sorry, I am seeing your messages today.. maybe it's the over 65 age related reading loss? (new term by me!).. (((JUNE)))) xo Kate the GrEAT!!

@Tekate, I definitely have not blocked you! I love your posts. You are the best, I would never do that :kiss2: I checked to see if I might have inadvertently clicked something by accident but I don't think so. I haven't been posting as much in the nirdi thread recently, maybe that's it? If I have accidentally blocked you, I wouldn't be seeing your posts, right? I'm sorry, I'm rambling but just a little confused!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! now I know I can see you on IG but I like reading your posts girl, so glad @Slick1 !!! I understand the name change.. missed you.. WB !!!! xoxoxoxoxo to you Slick girl ;-) hope you are well, from I can discern you are doing mucho better on your jaw!!! awesome. awesomre! I go next week and I will update all then...

how's the dress buying going? xo

Omgoodness, @Tekate you are most definitely not blocked by me. I have been speaking with Missy offline. I have requested @Ella change my username here. When I signed up, I didn’t realize how much I would enjoy PS or that I would stick around. Obviously I love PS but am hesitant to post much lately. Especially given my health issues which are quite identifying IMO along with my username. Work and health issues take a lot of my time also.
I do read along here as I love this thread, so hopefully when/if my username is changed I will be able to be more forthcoming.
@Tekate I am struggling with that stomach thing again....:nono: We can chat on IG if you like,,,your granddaughter is adorable. Welcome home! :kiss2:
@missy I hope your PT went well. Sorry to hear that your finger is still sore and swollen. I hope today is your last PT appt! Yay!
@junebug17 sending dust to your precious Zoe and so sorry to read about your loss @marcy
Good luck to your husband @Austina I hope he is feeling well!
Happy anniversary to @Mamabean
Good luck to your hubby @Keeliamira I hope he gets an offer!
I hope all is well with you @AV_ your recent post makes me think you are fretting about something. Good vibes your way!
Sending hugs to all of the NIRDIs.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake Hola Callie girl!!! xoxoxo to you.

well, John and I SHARE the driving, womens lib and all and his first wife had a degree in womens studies so the boy was schooled back in the early 70s.. BUT also he get's more tired than me, probably because he's 2 years older than me!!! but people have asked who is older me or him? so I guess I look old ;-)

Christopher, is so different than me, he's John all the way.. but I do know he won't move back to Austin unless it was for lotsa money.. he loves NYC at this moment in time, he loves bragging that he has a corporate card, phone, travels etc.. (I wonder if he has an 'ego' problem sometimes).. Chris hasn't the sense of humor that Mike and I have, but he can be funny on occasion.. Of course I am being MOM, I didn't want to live in my hometown either...

love you girlie!

Kate the GreaT!!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want anyone who cares to read this to understand why I use girlie!

My mom and grandmother used the term 'girlie' to mean more than friend, but not sister etc. An endearment. :) my grandmother was born here but to Irish parents and my grandfather was born here but both his parents were born in Ireland so I was raised pretty darn Irish :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, nice that you caught up with M and I hope meeting again today worked out. Thank you about my friend. Lots of memories flooding back today. Sorry to hear about your friend J. My trainees are both positive and hard working ladies; I will enjoy working with them. Oh no your finger swollen and not making progress. I would imagine a deep incision will take time to fill in and heal. Greg’s latest project looks cool but I do have to ask what is it?

Keeliamira, that is great to hear DH’s interview went so well. Sending continued good luck his way. The Hot Dog House is a great name for that color combination. Thank you. I am sorry to hear about your young friend; glioblastoma is what my friend had too. I got flowers sent tonight for the memorial in Texas then will get something ordered for the funeral up here next week. I need to get cards in the mail too. She has needed help for the last 3 or so years and know it’s been hard. Yes, men are stubborn about listening to their bodies. He always said “I’ll work through it”. Famous last words, eh?

AV, continued good luck dust coming you way. Keep us posted.

Kate, OMG what a trip home. Love it when our DH get grumpy and nothing we say or do doesn’t trigger another grumpy outburst. Of course I start grumping right back. I am glad things were better before you got home and sweet you can get a new stone in the future. Good description of the rains in Texas; my nieces live in Houston and that’s pretty much they way they describe it. They are used to Wyoming wind driven rain storms.

Austina, Marty is pretty bad today and considering not competing. I think he wants to try for more than 400 pounds if he does lift. Thank you, my friend did suffer. They tried to operate but couldn’t remove the tumor but she hard several strokes after that. She was unable to feed herself or walk for well over a year. She tried some alternate chemo methods and actually got strong enough to sometimes use a walker but she always needed assistance. Her husband stayed home most of the time with her and they had people come in to help them out and take her places. Pretty sad. That is awful about a fatal accident; so tragic. I hate to hear your trip too so long to get to your destination. Great pictures from Bletchley Park; a beautiful place and cool to think about how the work there probably cut the war short and save many lives. I hate to hear Shirley is upset; I hope things look better to her today.

Slick1, hi! I should change my name. Some could figure out who I am pretty easy. Oh no, I hate to hear your stomach is giving you problems again.

Mamabean, what a stressful day for both you and David. Sending you mega dust for good test results.

Junebug, I need to get working on my article; I want to send it off this weekend. Marty is pretty gimped up today; I took pity on him and keep filling up his water cup. Thank you about my friend; it’s been a rough few years for them. I am glad to hear Zoe is doing okay; sending her hugs and kisses.

Callie, thank you about my friend. Yes, I am worried if Marty doesn’t let his back get better before lifting he’ll do some permanent damage. He has not gone to a doctor. It does sound like you’ve had some weather changes there. I will probably get flowers the first weekend of June. I hate to hear your Mom hurt her back; I am sending her wishes for a speedy recovery. Glad you got your AC fixed now. We had ours serviced since our furnace quit at the worst time, I decided to have the AC checked before we turned it on.

My arms are sore from lifting tonight but that’s a good thing, right? I picked up window food for supper. Marty is pretty uncomfortable. Poor guy. He did mention he might not compete.
I got flowers sent to the memorial service in Texas this weekend then will order some flowers for the funeral up here probably this weekend. Marty hasn’t said if he can go with me or not but the drive is only about an hour from here and I am sure my trusty little car can make it there and back.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It is tricky to recount the goings on: I am showing my work left & right, & just about every practical detail of life is on the table; too much is hanging in the air to think about, nevermind write about.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Lots to catch up on in the NIRDI thread this morning.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@junebug17 glad Zoe is doing OK and you are feeling OK. Sending more hugs and love your way and loads of DUST. (((HUGS))).

@Mamabean aww you are definitely not alone in worrying about doctor appointments. Like you, when I go, they find more stuff that is wrong. Sending you big hugs and lots of well wishes and hope your appointment goes unevenfully. We are here for you Joanne. XOXO.

@marcy so sorry Marty's back is still hurting him. I hope he starts feeling better soon. Nice you got to lift yesterday and yes being sore from that is A OK. I hope Marty can go with you to the funeral this weekend. Thanks for the good wishes and no worries. I can use my finger fine so that is the main thing. Hopefully in time it will heal more. Greg is working on the amplifier and stereo system. He is rebuilding quality stereos etc that are considered vintage/antique. I am not the only one in the family that appreciates old things haha. Lucky for Greg because I love my "old" man. And lucky for me that he loves old stuff being the old lady I am.:P2

@Slick1 how are you feeling this morning honey? Praying you are feeling better and keeping good thoughts for you and sending continued bucketloads of healing dust your way. Hope the antibiotics start working quickly and you start feeling much better very soon. (((HUGS))). Please rest and recuperate and take it easy. Sending you lots of love.

@Tekate what a wonderful trip you enjoyed and oh my sweet Autumn is just the most precious baby. You are not only Kate the Great friend to all of us and Kate the Great Mom/Mom in law and Aunt to your kids and nieces and nephews but Kate the Great grandmother. Greatness in all your roles.
Unfortunately my Alk Phosphatase is over two times the lab normal high. So more than twice the highest that is acceptable. Not good. But pushing that worry back not to think about it for now. Oh my goodness no one would ever block our Kate the Great. We love you girlie! With all our hearts. How do you not know that. So now you do. (((HUGS))). Wonderful trip and thank you for sharing it with us. Glad you are home after that wonderful whirlwind time and glad you are enjoying the comforts of home including your comfy cozy bed. XOXO.

@AV_ sending you lots of work dust and thesis dust and hope everything works out as you hope it will. XOXO.

@Austina oh thank you for your lovely photos. I feel like I am there. Glad we are finally both enjoying beautiful weather. Have a wonderful day my dear and hugs.

@Calliecake we did enjoy a lovely Thursday bike ride. A treat. I hope your AC is all fixed now. I cannot believe how often problems arise and if memory serves me correctly you just had a new system put in last year. Or I could be wrong but that is what I remember. Hope all went well and you are now having cold air and hope you are enjoying a new car (and plants) too. Also sending well wishes to your mom. Hope she is feeling better. XO.

@Keeliamira hoping all is continuing to go well. What are your plans for the weekend? Very excited to hear house and job updates. Fingers crossed. (((Hugs))).

Spontaneous decision yesterday after OT. We went to the beach house with all the kitties for a longer weekend and maybe into next week too. Just decided spur of the moment yesterday morning since the weather was so nice. It's nice being retired because if I was working I couldn't do things spur of the moment like this. And yes yesterday was my last OT session woohoo. If I need refresher OT I can always get it till end of June as my insurance surprisingly OK'd more sessions till then. But both my therapist and I feel I do not need additional sessions and can do stuff on my own. Yay.

We had a lovely cycling ride yesterday and as a surprise treat Dave had his store open and we had ice cream on the house. He always gives the first ice cream of the season on the house. I did not take advantage though and had a very baby size lol but I was not expecting to have ice cream and it was cooler out so I was sort of cold and could only handle the baby size lol.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 7.00.50 AM.png

The sky was amazing yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 4.44.07 PM.png

and we saw more goslings. So freaking adorable.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 7.02.24 AM.png

Off for another glorious day today. Hope all of you have a fantastic Friday and know I am sending lots of love and hugs and good wishes your way.

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results