carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I hope Marty got home safely @marcy, ugh to snow in May! The weather in Phoenix sounds very tempting, although my friends who live there have to get away from it in the summer - hotter than the fires of hell I think! Yay to it being almost the weekend. Colin is fine thanks, he finds the vacuuming preferable and more effective to having lots of water syringed in to his ears.

Glad Zoe is doing ok @junebug17, poor little girl, I hope the pain meds are doing their job and keeping her comfortable. xxx

I hope you’ve had a safe journey back to the city today @missy, and you found everything ok on your return. I love the photos and video of you cycling, I think I’d have been screaming ‘weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’ all the way down that hill! :lol:

Have fun exploring the tower library tomorrow @AV_ it sounds very intriguing!

I hope you got some resolution to your DD’s health issues yesterday @Keeliamira and that you’re doing better too.

Yay to being back in Wi-fi land @Mamabean, glad it’s all been sorted out. I’m sorry you had to have unnecessary procedures, but really pleased that everything turned out well in the end.

Colin had another Dr appt yesterday, now he’s got double hernias in his groin :(2 waiting to see the surgeon to discuss what happens next. Thankfully he’s not in a lot of pain, but I did tell him he’s falling to bits, and I may have to trade him in for a newer model :mrgreen2: !

TGIF, I can’t believe how quickly the weeks fly by. Today should’ve seen us going to the airport to collect Bob & Shirley. Bob was worried that they’d be putting us out as the flight landed at 6.30am, what I’d give to have been ‘put out’ this morning :(2 Shirley is ok, getting really anxious to get home, just another 3 weeks before they set off.

Happy weekend, happy Mother’s Day, whether your little ones have 2 or 4 paws. :mrgreen:

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Just heard this morning that one of my applications (for work relating to thesis) has a good chance; on account, took a long shower & dropped back to sleep until, well, now. Just as well that life allows these antics! I am doing 'breakfast' at 21:31 - proper lunacy... Then again, both first replies I have are of the impossible variety & somehow I need to believe this is mine to do & follow up (there is allot to do - certainly more BULK than the thesis itself).

Fingers crossed!

I will be making use of the beginning of summer too... this is the first late evening of summer dress & this is the day when my dear neighbours, a sleepy military aribase, chose to parade; I had no idea anything with wings cold fly this low.

-

I cannot think through NIRDI (despite having read). @marcy you wrote about being a hermit somewhere? The dream!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 sending you big (((hugs))) and much love and continued good luck wishes. You and Zoe remain in my thoughts and prayers.

@AV_ wonderful news and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Yes to falling back to sleep after a nice shower. You're living a sweet life and breakfast tastes good any time of day one is hungry. As for @marcy desiring the hermit life please include me in that. I would be/could be a hermit as long as there is internet and cable. And my dh.:kiss: Enjoy the parade. I am not a parade person and when it interrupts my life I like it even less but I can appreciate it for what it is and some parades are quite splendid in their decorations and costumes. Personally I could do without the interruption and prefer a nice long walk. With just my dh. :P2

@Austina how sad. I am so sorry for dear Shirley and for you and Colin too. And most of all for Bob. Too young, too soon, so unfair. Life is painful and challenging and it's over too fast. Sending you and your friend hugs and good thoughts. And wishing her peace and contentment somehow. I hope her health is improving. And oh no to Colin and his double hernia. Ugh. I am glad he is not in much discomfort and hope that continues. LOL to trading him in for a newer model. I'd kill my dh if he said that.:naughty: :lol:

@Sandeek hope you are having a good start to the weekend and good luck with the rest of the move today. Good weather thank goodness. Tomorrow looks to be a soaker so yay to getting it done today. Have a lovely and wonderful Mother's Day weekend. (((Hugs))).

Thinking of you @Keeliamira and @ringo865 and hoping life is going smoothly and things are improving.
@Keeliamira how did the appointment go for DD 2?

@Mamabean what are your Mother's Day plans? Hoping you are enjoying a wonderful weekend. XO. Any earring updates?

@marcy woohoo it's Saturday. Hoping you and Marty enjoy a happy weekend away from work. And that your weather has calmed down. Hugs.

@Calliecake spill the beans girl. So? May we offer congrats?

We came back to Brooklyn yesterday and hit lots of construction traffic but due to the delay I made a decision I had to have the earrings I saw last month if they were still available. So while stuck in traffic I called the lovely ladies of the antique jewelry shop in Lambertville and purchased them. I had been obsessing/thinking about them for over a month since I saw them and decided I needed them. Thankfully Greg is onboard despite them being over my self imposed budget. They are shipping them out today and said I should be receiving them Monday but my guess is I won't be getting them till Tuesday. And I will be happy if they arrive then as shipping here tends to be delayed. Maybe it's due to so much volume in the area. I just want them to arrive safely to me.

We are off to my sister's house today to celebrate Mother's Day a day early.
Happy Mother's Day weekend to all of you lovely ladies. Whether it's mom to the human variety of kids or furbaby moms.
Sending you furry (((hugs))).

Leaving you with a photo of our sunrise yesterday.

sunrisebackyardmay2019.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just as I predicted...UPS just sent me an exception notice email. The only surprise here is how awful UPS continues to be. But this is who the antique jewelry shop uses so I had no choice. Arghhh. I just hope it arrives safely to me within a reasonable amount of time. #cannotmakethisstuffup #UPSSUCKS

We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay.

That's all their job is...sorting and delivering. If they cannot do that right what the heck are they doing? :nono:

A little poem to UPS. Please excuse my language girls. I apologize.:oops2:

UPS you suck so bad
Makes your customers so sad

Misplacing deliveries
Causing worry and misery
Is all you seem to do
with consistency
Shame on you
UPS delivery

You suck so bad
Makes us mad

Please deliver our packages
safe and sound
As is in your contract
you are bound

It's not so very hard to do
Makes me sad to write this to you
But UPS all I have to say
is you suck today and every day

:knockout:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
And just as I predicted...UPS just sent me an exception notice email. The only surprise here is how awful UPS continues to be. But this is who the antique jewelry shop uses so I had no choice. Arghhh. I just hope it arrives safely to me within a reasonable amount of time. #cannotmakethisstuffup #UPSSUCKS

That's all their job is...sorting and delivering. If they cannot do that right what the heck are they doing? :nono:

A little poem to UPS. Please excuse my language girls. I apologize.:oops2:

:knockout:

Good morning! :wavey:
@missy I agree! I love the poem! Did you make it up? I was looking for the bad word and realized it was “suck”...That made me laugh...My son, Chris, came home from school one day when he was was very young..and said, “Mom! Jerk is not a curse!” :lol:
I’m excited you decided to get the earrings! I can’t wait to see them! I think you showed a pic with them on before? You will be excited to see them when UPS gets around to deliver them! :P2
I had a rug delivery this morning at 7:20...Considering I got up at 6:45 and didn’t get my shower yet...I looked like a fright! I’m not complaining..because any time I actually get my delivery on the day they say I’ll get it is a miracle!
I’m glad you got your cycling in! I really felt like I was on there with you guys! It’s amazing how far you cycle in a day. What great exercise!
Have fun today at your sister’s house..I love seeing pics of your family...I know you’ll have a great time. Scott is watching Jackson so Allie can have a break today..She’s going to stay overnight at a hotel with girlfriends. It’s a girl’s night...which she hasn’t done since having Jackson two years ago. She’ll be too pooped to drive back so Scott got her a hotel room for herself as part of her present so she can sleep in and have quiet time. It sounds like a great present to me!
I won’t see any of my boys except for David who lives with me for Mother’s Day. I don’t get hung up about that because I’ve always felt that you show your mother throughout the year how much you love her...not just on one day. I also know that it’s Allie’s day too..and my Mother’s Day doesn’t come before hers. She’s first..because she’s the mother of his son. Scott and I are very close. He will call me three or four times a week and talk to me for an hour on the way home from his other office. He messages me pics of Jackson..and is a very loving son. I feel very lucky..I also have the best daughter-in-law..so I can’t complain...She will face time with me so I can visit with Jackson..They live in Virginia..so this keeps us connected with Jackson..I sent my daughter-in-law flowers for Mother’s Day....because she’s the best mommy for Jackson and I want her to feel pampered and loved today. :love: I had lunch with Chris yesterday. He is a grouchy guy but I love him anyway! :lol:
@marcy How long does hail and snow last in Wyoming? I don’t know how you guys get around and get to work! I love the way you and Marty play jokes on each other with your puppy and teddy bears..You have a kind of an Elf on a Shelf. :lol:
I would have also screamed and jumped if my hubby came up behind me! I get into deep thinking when I’m doing the dishes..so I’m not expecting anyone to creep up behind me. My husband will walk behind me and flick my bottom though..but he’s quick..and makes his getaway...;-)
My cleaning ladies here in Pa are very hard on my things. They have chipped and dented my chairs and dining room table to the point where I had to tell them not to clean my dining room. They would jam the chairs under the table. No amount of talking to them did any good.
@Austina Poor Colin...Have he been lifting at the gym? When is his surgery scheduled? I’m glad it’s not painful. David had a hernia operation when he was four. Yes..our parts start falling off as we get older...I have a young mind but my body has different ideas...
Is everyone still carrying on celebrations there for Archie? I really don’t like that name...Poor baby..He is absolutely adorable though...I was watching Meghan walk with those high heels and know she had to be uncomfortable..and wearing white...She looked beautiful..I looked like I got run over after Chris. I broke all the blood vessels in my eyes so the whites were red and I have very light blue eyes. I looked like something from a vampire movie..
@Tekate You must be home now and taking your week off...Are you going through withdrawal? You spend so much special bonding time with Autie, Mike, and Cara...I stayed with Scott and Allie for a week after she had the baby. Allie asked me to be there when they brought Jackson home. I got up with whoever got up during the night with Jackson. It was a special time I will never forget. I had to take David out of work that week because he needs to come with me everywhere..He enjoyed the time off of work but David had to go back so I couldn’t stay longer than the week. FaceTime is great for visiting when you can’t be there. Are you going to start getting your house ready to list? I was thinking maybe you can get an apartment in Austin until you can find a house. I did that when we moved from Missouri to Pennsylvania. I didn’t want to make any rash decisions and settle.
@Calliecake I also love to go to the garden centers...I filled my planters out front and outside my side door with pansies. They are doing so well..but I take them out when they start to die from the sun and replace them with summer flowers after Mother’s Day. They are doing so well..I think I’ll leave them for a while..They do well in the cold so they’re my first first flowers after winter.
@Sandeek I hope you’re still doing well...Do they have to retest you to see if the infection is cleared? I’m hoping you will soon be done with your infection.
David still hasn’t answered my emails. AV is going to mail my stone directly to him..so I won’t see it other than a pic from Vicky when it comes in. I want to have my ring resized and have my bracelet put back together by him. I really don’t trust anyone else. After those things I’m buying what I can see..No more custom for me..Famous last words..I know..
@av I’m glad you were able to get back to sleep...You needed it I’m sure...I don’t like parades....When they have them near my second house we can’t get around and feel trapped. You also live near an airfield? I guess after a while you don’t hear the noise anymore. I lived near an above ground train in New York before I got married. It was loud but it never bothered me. After I got married we moved to Ithaca New York..It was so rural and quiet...so quietI couldn’t sleep. I was used to noise...
@junebug17 I hope the pain medication is making Zoe’s mealtime pain free. Hugs to you and her..
@canuk-gal :wavey: I hope you’re dodging all the cold weather you’ve been having. It seems it can’t make up its mind to stay one temperature! It reminds me of Missouri..It could plummet 30 degrees in an evening..or even during the day sometimes...I had every kind of jacket or sweater in the car just in case..
@Keeliamira How did your DD2’s appointment go? What are you doing for Mother’s Day?
Today is my 45th Anniversary...eek! I married when I was 20 years old. It’s amazing we are still together. We aren’t doing anything special..just exchanged cards and going out to dinner as a family. If he wants to make my day he’ll change out the rug in my dining room so I don’t have to hire my handyman. My hubby’s back is not great and mine isn’t either. David is our strong guy but he can’t do it other than help my husband move the table. I don’t totally love the rug but it’s creamy beige, ivory, and looks to have a bit of gray in it. It’s rolled up..but whatever it is I’m keeping it. The price was right and I wasn’t going to pay a fortune when I know we’re moving at some point. I also bought a blue rug for the living room. It not a true blue but a solid porcelain blue color with a cream lace like pattern on the short sides. I’ll post before and afters probably on Instagram if I’m brave enough..I just may bore you guys on here. :lol:
Have a great day!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh @Mamabean happy 45th anniversary!!!! How wonderful and amazing :kiss2:
And I agree completely about kids showing their love all year long. This is just but one day. How great you have such a good relationship with your DIL and all your kids. Doesn’t surprise me though as you’re a wonderful woman. :appl:

Yes I made that poem up lol. Not exactly fine poetry but it conveys how I feel haha. And yes I used to be so genteel. Suck still seems like a bad word to me. :oops2: But deserves to be used in my UPS Poem imo. :lol:

Happy 45th Anniversary sweet Joanne!!!

FDBD585E-59EF-46F4-B866-DA6EE4CB0470.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh @Mamabean happy 45th anniversary!!!! How wonderful and amazing :kiss2:
And I agree completely about kids showing their love all year long. This is just but one day. How great you have such a good relationship with your DIL and all your kids. Doesn’t surprise me though as you’re a wonderful woman. :appl:

Yes I made that poem up lol. Not exactly fine poetry but it conveys how I feel haha. And yes I used to be so genteel. Suck still seems like a bad word to me. :oops2: But deserves to be used in my UPS Poem imo. :lol:

Happy 45th Anniversary sweet Joanne!!!

FDBD585E-59EF-46F4-B866-DA6EE4CB0470.gif
Thank you Missy! :kiss2: You’re very talented! I love the poem!
You’re a fast reader! I would sometimes lose what I wrote so now I post and correct later. I’m still going back to clean it up a little. My post must have been like reading code! :lol:
I don’t like bad language either..I yell, “Son of a Bee!” when someone cuts me off and almost kills us! Everyone laughs at me but I can’t help it!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Mother’s Day!

Missy, great shots from your ride. You guys are getting in a lot of miles this week. I am reading a series by Brad Thor that I really enjoy. I would say they are spy thrillers. Marty did get home safe and sound. Thanks. I am definitely with you on the need for speed. I can’t get the grin off my face when I am zooming down the road. Yes, I have the tendency to be a hermit. I still think working 2 jobs for so long is why I enjoying being home so much now. Pretty sunrise. I am so excited you ordered the earrings you like. Sweet. Good poem. That is too bad UPS is so bad there; they are way better than our USPS. Have a great time at your sister’s house today.

Junebug, I hope the pain meds help Zoe and that is good to hear she is eating and doing well. Keeping you and Zoe in my thoughts. PS is a good distraction.

Mamabean, PS is a good way to pass the time and keep our minds busy. How are you feeling this weekend? Too cute that jerk is not a bad word. That reminds me of a friend of mine who always told her daughter candy was spicy and she wouldn’t like it. Nice that you got your rug delivered today, I hope you get it put out soon. Loved hearing about Scott, Allie and Jackson. It’s nice you get to FaceTime and talk with them so often. We usually have snow and a freeze until about the first week of June. Ugh. Marty succeeds in scaring me frequently. Your DH sounds like mine; he loves to mess with me when I am doing dishes. We do amuse ourselves with the puppy and teddy bears. I couldn’t find the puppy before leaving yesterday so last night after searching for him Marty says well he was barking at something in front of the house. I found him looking over the back of the TV. Too funny he was barking at something. That is too bad the cleaning ladies in PA are so hard on your furniture. I’m thinking of just calling a local service. Happy 45th Anniversary! That is awesome. Congratulations.

Austina, we were just out for lunch and it’s raining; it’s in the 30’s so it might turn to snow later. I am glad to hear Colin is fine after his procedure. I am so sorry to hear Colin has double hernias; that sounds painful. I hope that’s an easy procedure. I wish things had turned out differently for today; it’s good Shirley will be home in a few weeks.

AV, good luck with your application. I love breakfast for supper. We lived 1/2 block south of a flight path to our local airport; we both thoroughly enjoyed watching the planes come and go. I kind of miss that on this side of town.

I am working on laundry today. We went out for lunch and the Mother’s Day crowd is out there already; it was busy. After my lunch settles I need to go lift. Marty had a friend over here lifting this morning so I decided to wait. I didn’t want to share my gym.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Gorgeous day (26C) and had a long bike ride--first of the season. Paths were packed with folks!!

I made cabbage rolls today and used red cabbage that was so soft--not much roll at all. Messy and sloppy but am sure they'll be tasty.

Tekate--I meant to say the pictures of your grandbaby (especially the bath one) are SO adorable. Little baby bums.:love::love::love:

JuneB--healing vibes Miss Z way.

Missy--hope your health issues improve soon. You have enough on your plate.

cheers--Sharon

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@junebug17 I so hope Zoe is doing ok. I’m sure she’s comforted by the love of her mama.

@Austina oh no! for Colin’s hernias! I hope he’s not in too much pain. Any word from the surgeon?

@AV_ congrats on the positive respond post thesis! I’m crossing my fingers for you! I’m glad you got to laze around and sleep...sounds divine!

@missy I’m soooo glad you decided to get the earrings! They are fabulous!! And that photo of the water at sunrise ....swoon :love: I looove your poem, LOL. So true! How are you feeling?

@Mamabean yay for the rungs and SUPER YAY for your anniversary!!!! Huge congrats!! What are you doing to celebrate? Dh and I are only a sixth of the way there but I know well hit 45yrs and then some. I want to see rug pictures!

@marcy lunch out sounds wonderful. I’m glad Marty made it home safely! I’m using your working out to motivate my own working out...so far I’ve gotten my workout clothes on but haven’t made it downstairs to the gym yet, lol.

@canuk-gal cabbage rolls sound yummy! How were they?

On my end, things are going better. DD2’s appointment went well. The dr said everything she’s dealing with is because of severe PTSD from trauma manifesting as physical symptoms. So on the positive side she doesn’t have anything life threatening but has a lot more work to do in therapy. She is such a sweet smart girl with a great positive attitude so I know she’ll heal. It just takes time.

DD2 and I had one-on-one time today and went to the antique market. I picked up the tourmaline ring I’ve had on hold and am absolutely in love with it! Happy mother’s day to me!

DH and I are going to see a movie for mother’s day tomorrow. I think we’ll go see the new comedy “The Hustle” with Anne Hathaway.
Happy mother’s day NIRDIs!! Be you a physical or spiritual mother, I’m sending you all love and light!

4FACD5CD-8D37-4A5B-B668-92886BC356C2.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Keeliamira @marcy @missy @Tekate Thank you very much indeed for fingers crossed & good luck... Right back at you!

@Mamabean 'Son of a Bee' sounds good to me for a curse - those are few & short lived! Will be using this one ,)

@missy Funny how hermits & parades came to get mentioned at the same time: I am ever less good at parading & it is a bloody requirement!

@Keeliamira The Color! I do not expect to see deep turquoise in anything. This is one to remember.

-
The airshow was done yesterday (fingers crossed) after a few more scares - likely from flights arranged before and after the open-doors show, when no one - locals or I, expected sonic booms any more than lighting stryke in a sunny day. The usual activity of this base is to watch the grass grow - & catch fire in summer (very important as it always does).

[just starting the day at a sort of reasonable hour after all that ... (cofefe...) - there will be some hours of work & Sunday things & dinner in town]

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Mother's Day to all of you! (((Hugs)))

@junebug17 sending you continued hugs and good wishes and lots of love. Thinking of Zoe and praying she is comfortable. (((Hugs))).

@marcy how did lifting go? I don't blame you I would prefer privacy too when working out. Glad you enjoyed a nice lunch yesterday and that Marty made it home safely. Hope you got your laundry finished and enjoy a nice day perhaps reading the rest of your spy thriller. I love getting lost in books. Today is a very rainy day by us and that would be a perfect way to spend it but I have my eye on an antique fair that is not that far away so I think we might be going out into the pouring rain later.

@Keeliamira THUD!!! Your ring is TDF seriously gorgeous. I am swooning over here. It's amazing. Like looking into a deep blue-green sea of endless cool beauty. Wear in much health and happiness!
Yay for a good appointment for DD2 and for spending one on one time with her. Enjoy the movie with DH today sweet Keeliamira.:appl:

@canuk-gal I bet those cabbage rolls are going to taste delicious. Often the messiest looking foods do. And woohoo for a nice long bike ride. Heavenly. Enjoy and Happy Mother's Day to you my dear.:kiss2:

@Sandeek hope everything went smoothly yesterday and that you enjoy a lovely day today. It's a good day because you have come so far and made it through major challenges. You rock girl. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ always keeping my fingers crossed for all of you lovely NIRDIs. Sorry you have to take part in the parades. I am sorry to be a bah humbug but they are just not my jam. Mainly because they are noisy (I was born old lol) and cause traffic jams. Haha jams. Oh my to the air show. Sounds like it went smoothly despite a few scares. Have a lovely Sunday.

@Mamabean wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day Joanne and hope you had an amazing 45th anniversary celebration yesterday. Truly a time to celebrate with a weekend full of joyous occasions. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate I know you are going to have a wonderful Mother's day. Your first as a grandmother too. Very special. Sending you lots of love and hugs to you and your whole family.

@Austina happy Mom's day to you. Hope you and Colin enjoy a beautiful Sunday. Hugs to Dottie.

Hello to everyone else and wishing you all a wonderful Mother's Day. XO.

We had a lovely early Mother's Day celebration yesterday at my sister's house. The weather was perfect and it was just our immediate family so an intimate celebration. I did take a few photos mainly shared on IG as it was happening (love the real time aspect of IG) but will share a few here for those of you not on IG.

missyandniecesmothersday2019.png

missymomanddebbiemothersday2019.png

missyandgregmothersday2019.png

Have a great day ladies. Hugs to you all.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy mother’s day!

The photos are lovely @missy, you all look so happy to be together, the girls are getting so grown up. Boo to the bad weather, it’s glorious here, wall to wall sunshine and so warm. Double boo to UPS for mishandling your earrings, let’s hope they turn up safely and quickly. Colin can’t trade me for a younger model, I am the younger model :lol:

That’s good news that your DD doesn’t have any physical illness, although I’m sorry she’s so traumatised that it’s manifesting itself like this way @Keeliamira . Your tourmaline is just drop dead gorgeous, look at that glow! Enjoy the film.

Happy 45th a anniversary @Mamabean, quite an achievement, but we NIRDIS are a loyal bunch, and stick together through thick and thin :mrgreen: I was 19 when we got married, 40 years and counting for us! Glad your rug arrived, even if it’s not exactly what you want.

Yay to lovely riding weather @canuk-gal

I hope you got all your jobs done @marcy so you could relax today and just enjoy some peace.

Enjoy a peaceful day and a lovely meal out this evening @AV_

We had a nice evening with our friends last night, and they waddled out stuffed :lol:

When our friends were leaving yesterday, I noticed something in the sitting room high up, which turned out to be split plaster. When we got back from walking Dottie, I removed the loose plaster and filled it. Got to leave it to dry for a few day to dry out, then I can rub it down and repaint it.

Colin is seeing the consultant tomorrow evening, so we’ll find out then whether he recommends surgery, or leaving things and seeing how it goes.

Have a lovely Sunday :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother’s Day NIRDI’s!

Sharon, that’s great you have lovely weather and got in a nice bike ride. Cabbage rolls sound great.

Keeliamira, did you make it to your gym in the basement? I have been very faithful about going down and lifting. Don’t want to disappoint my coach. Glad to hear DD2’s appointment went well. Gorgeous tourmaline ring; that’s a nice Mother’s Day present. Enjoy the movie with your DH today.

AV, did you watch any of the air show? I enjoy watching planes. Yes, I would jump at sonic booms.

Missy, lifting went well. Thank you. I added another pound on everything. It is fun to get lost in books; I really enjoy reading when the story has captured your attention to the point you don’t want to put the book down. I hope the rain wasn’t too bad and deterred you from going to the antique fair. That’s nice you had a lovely day with your family yesterday. I enjoyed seeing pictures of everyone.

Austina, I have one batch of clothes still in the dryer. My chore today was grocery shopping but it’s done. Your dinner sounds fun last night and if your guests waddled out of there I know they were well fed. Good deal fixing that spot of plaster, I am still trying to get Marty to finish those spots on the baseboard. He procrastinates when it’s something he’d rather not do. Wishing Colin good luck tomorrow on his consultation.

We rented Serenity last night. It was okay but I had a feeling it was going to end that way.
I started the next book in the series I am reading but right now it’s the set up phase so it hasn’t grabbed me yet.
I ran some roses out to the cemetery and we need to call my MIL once Marty wakes up from his nap.
Things must be starting to bloom here because my allergies are acting up today and I’m tired. I hate the 10 days or so when things start to bloom.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy It was impossible not to watch - some of the air show involved little stunt planes (NOT the guest fighters!) comming within meters of my roof, from infront of my sliding windows. Next time I'll be thrilled. Today, I am still trying to laugh this off.

Love to hear of your lifting! - of alergies, not so much... ,( Isn't there any way to become de-sensitized to pollen? It has been a treat I wouldn't miss since always - like chocolate.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Monday.

@Austina good luck to Colin today. Hope he doesn't need surgery. Glad you had fun with your friends. Sorry about the split plaster but sounds like you have this under control. I shudder to think of all the plaster and paint we need to take care of in our apartment. It's been a while since we repainted and it is also a very old building with plaster peeling. Lots of maintenance inside and out. Keep us posted re Colin and fingers crossed. Thanks for your lovely comments about my photos. They are growing so fast. Glad your weather is cooperating. We have rain for a few days here. Haha no way would Colin ever trade you in @Austina...you are one of a kind unique and original and as you write yes you are the younger model compared to Colin lol. Same here. I will always be younger than Greg. :lol: Have a good day.

@marcy sweet you added another pound to your lifting regimen. I need to take a page from your book and start weight lifting again. It's been too many years. Glad it is going well. I agree getting lost in books where you forget about the time passing and you do not want to put the book down is blissful. Thank you for enjoying my photos. Yes we did go to the antique fair and I took 2 photos. Will share below. I was drooling all over the Platt Boutique booth haha and it was a highlight of the day for me. And meeting the owner Larry was wonderful too. He is super nice. Sorry about your allergies acting up. With all the rain here most of the outdoor allergens have washed away thankfully for at least a few days.

@Keeliamira how was the movie? I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Hugs.

@AV_ that would scare me. Having stunt planes come so close to my roof. As for becoming desensitized to pollen and such it worked for Greg. He received (and still does but less frequently) immunotherapy weekly then biweekly then monthly. I am actually seeing his allergist tomorrow but not so much for my (animal and environmental) allergies but to see if I can tolerate CT scan contrast dye. Hope all goes well this week and keep us posted re thesis eval and the like.

@Sandeek hope you had fun with your family yesterday despite the rainy weather we are having and yay to your DD being all moved in and comfortable. I hope she continues to love living here and that you visit her often. Hope your Monday goes well and that you are feeling good. XO.

@Tekate hello there, hope you had a joyous Mother's Day. (((Hugs))).

We had fun at the antique fair in Industry City yesterday. The highlight being meeting Larry of Platt Boutique and seeing his gorgeous out of the world antique bling. Victorian pieces, Edwardian pieces etc. All beautiful. He let me try everything on and there was an OMC cluster ring I was just swooning over but I cannot justify getting yet another old cut ring when I wear only Bubbalah for the most part. I have lots of unworn bling in my safe and I cannot continue to keep buying. But oh I wanted to so badly. LOL.

Thinking of you lovely ladies I took 2 photos. I would have taken more but I feel it would have been rude as it was pretty busy and I was monopolizing the space lol. So hope this satiates your bling needs for the moment.:kiss:

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 6.09.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 6.09.13 AM.png

Off to see the urologist this AM. I am nervous but made an appointment with a urologist. Not the one recommended by my internist but one I was able to get a sooner appointment with instead. I do not know if she is going to be good/skilled/smart etc but I thought OK let me bring my abdominal US results and see what she has to say. Nothing to lose. The urologist my internist recommended cannot see me till mid August. Wish me luck.

Have a good day ladies!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I absolutely love your new earrings, they're gorgeous. I hope they show up soon. LOL to your poem! I get it... such a frustrating delay, ugh. Lovely pics of your family get-together, so nice to see everyone having such a great time. Love the pic of you, your mom, and sister...you are all beautiful. Your nieces are so sweet and getting so big! Wow, the jewelry pics are amazing, such gorgeous pieces. I know exactly what you mean...I really don't "need" any more rings but at the same time when I see something I love I really want it lol.

Sending you lots of good thoughts on your doctor's appointment today...I think it's a good idea to get some input now as opposed to waiting until August, it can't hurt and who knows, it just might help. I know these doctors' visits are not fun though and I hope it goes smoothly and you get some helpful information.

@Austina, wow, Adam's home is beautiful; that foyer and staircase are amazing. So sad that Bob and Shirley were supposed to have been visiting you at this time...I'm really sorry and my heart goes out to you, Colin, and Shirley. And oh no to Colin having a double hernia, I really hope it's not too serious and he doesn't need surgery.

@Mamabean your home is absolutely lovely, I really love your style...so elegant and inviting. Your rugs sound really pretty and I'm sure they'll look great, you have excellent taste. Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful milestone and I hope you enjoyed the day. LOL to your son saying jerk is not a curse, SO adorable.

@AV_, sending luck and good thoughts on your application! How nice summer is starting for you; I'm looking forward to some warmer weather. It's been chilly and rainy for the past few days. Those planes must have really been a surprise! Dinner in town sounds lovely, I hope you had a wonderful time.

@canuk-gal, I want to thank you again for your kind comments about Zoe, I was very touched by your sweet words. Your cabbage rolls immediately made me hungry, they sound delicious. And yay to a bike ride in nice weather, you deserve it after the winter you've had.

@Keeliamira, I'm glad to see the good news that DD doesn't have a physical illness but I'm sorry she's still dealing with the effects of trauma and I hope she makes progress in therapy and is feeling better soon. (((Hugs))) Glad you're feeling ok and had a good Mother's Day!

I love your new tourmaline ring, the color is so beautiful! It looks fabulous on your hand, I can see why you love it so much, it really is spectacular.

@marcy, it's great you're keeping up with the lifting; I've slacked off on going to the gym these past few days but I'm going to brave the weather and go today. I'm sorry your allergies are kicking in, they can make a person feel so crummy. I love the escapism a good book provides and I hope the new book you've started gets more interesting soon.

Thank you eveyone for keeping Zoe in your thoughts! The pain med seems to be helping and she's doing ok right now.

Had a nice day yesterday...dd and ds were here and we did take-out and just hung around, chatted, and watched tv. It was great having company and spending time with my kids.

Love to all! Xxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @junebug17 thanks for checking in with all on your plate. So happy you had a good Mother’s Day celebration and that Zoe is comfortable and doing OK. (((Hugs)))

Appointment went well. Urologist feels I can hold off on the CT scan. She thinks it’s congenital and wants to repeat the US in a year. Yay! Relief. I canceled the CT scan for Wednesday. :appl:

And more good news the earrings have arrived. UPS you don’t suck. This time lol.

UPS thank you for delivering promptly
Despite the notification worrying me
The delivery has arrived safely
And I’m loving my “new” old delivery
So UPS thank you kindly
For delivering them in all their glory

91954BBE-0BB8-41C9-ABE5-689175372DCE.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I must admit I was worried of your worrying about the kidney non-diagnostic; these good people... & their non-news. No news is good news.

I am guessing what the earrings are like in small detail, but they are bright & beautiful even blurred .)

Just dropped by; the day has been so long & needs a cap.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @junebug17 thanks for checking in with all on your plate. So happy you had a good Mother’s Day celebration and that Zoe is comfortable and doing OK. (((Hugs)))

Appointment went well. Urologist feels I can hold off on the CT scan. She thinks it’s congenital and wants to repeat the US in a year. Yay! Relief. I canceled the CT scan for Wednesday. :appl:

And more good news the earrings have arrived. UPS you don’t suck. This time lol.

UPS thank you for delivering promptly
Despite the notification worrying me
The delivery has arrived safely
And I’m loving my “new” old delivery
So UPS thank you kindly
For delivering them in all their glory

91954BBE-0BB8-41C9-ABE5-689175372DCE.jpeg
Yay!!!!!!!!! I’m so happy the urologist thinks it’s congenital! No CT scan! Woo Hoo! :appl:
Your earrings are beautiful!!!! :love: The diamonds look huge! You deserve them!
Love your poem! :P2

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance:@missy, after the worry, they’ve arrived safely and look stunning :love: Double :dance: that the urologist has eased your mind and you don’t need the scan - a very good day indeed :mrgreen2:

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words @junebug, I’m glad to hear brave little Zoe is doing as well as can be expected.

Sorry your allergies are causing problems @marcy, fortunately not something I suffer from. Glad you got your jobs done. We saw Serenity a few weeks ago, and didn’t really rate it. Thanks for your thoughts for a Colin, I’ll post further down.

There’s a big annual airshow near us @AV_ and sometimes the planes fly over us to turn round before heading back. It’s more of a commercial show, as some of the planes are pretty big. One home we had, we could hear, rather than see, Concorde fly over at 11am on its way to NY and 6pm when it was coming home.

We went to see Tolkien this afternoon, it was a bit slow in places, and very sad, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. Got back in time for Colin to change then drop him at the hospital for his appt. The consultant said that he does need surgery, better to do the repairs now before they get any worse and painful. We’ll schedule the surgery for August as we have 2 trips first, and be said it’ll be fine to wait till then.

Hope all the other NRDIS are well :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I must admit I was worried of your worrying about the kidney non-diagnostic; these good people... & their non-news. No news is good news.

I am guessing what the earrings are like in small detail, but they are bright & beautiful even blurred .)

Just dropped by; the day has been so long & needs a cap.

Thank you @AV_ sorry my photos aren't very good. I have no excuses after all these years a PSer and still my photo skills are lacking. Embarrassing too considering both my parents are artistic and my mom has a degree in fine arts from Pratt and photography was one of her mediums. My dad too is an excellent photographer not to mention his love for jewelry and he made a piece or two when he was younger. A solid gold tooth necklace he created for my mom. Made of gold only. No real teeth were harmed haha. Hope you are resting and recuperating from your long day. Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. Hugs.

I took another video and here's a screenshot from that video. Not a great pic but I'm trying.

victorianvideoscreenshot.png

Yay!!!!!!!!! I’m so happy the urologist thinks it’s congenital! No CT scan! Woo Hoo! :appl:
Your earrings are beautiful!!!! :love: The diamonds look huge! You deserve them!
Love your poem! :P2

Aww thank you Joanne! We all deserve big beautiful bling! And of course wishing everyone good health as well. That is the most precious commodity and one that can be so hard to hold onto...Hugs. Hope you had a wonderful 45th anniversary and Mother's Day!

@Austina sorry that Colin needs surgery but glad it's relatively early and hopefully straightforward. Wishing Colin well and may he continue not to be in pain and get this procedure done and over with and he will be as good as new. Glad you enjoyed the movie this afternoon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, we had a lot of close flybys at our old place. We both enjoyed it. As for allergies, I should get shots twice a week but I don’t. As for over the counter meds I don’t take them because they make my bitchy and turn me in to a cry baby. Truly, they do.

Missy, love your new earrings. The diamonds look very nice in your closeup shot. I’ll go look for your video. Glad your allergies aren’t bad yet; mine are picking up for sure. The antique store sounds fun. There are some good looking pieces there. I am so glad the appointment with the urologist went well and you got some good news; what a relief.

Junebug, I have to keep lifting or my coach will get after me - probably threaten one of my teddy bears or something. I am delighted to hear Zoe is doing okay. Keeping you and Zoe in my thoughts. The new book has picked up already; I read quite a few chapters during lunch. It sounds like you had a fabulous Sunday DD and DS visiting, ordering in dinner and just hanging around together. Nice Mother’s Day for you.

Hi Mamabean! I hope you are doing well.

Austina, I am glad for you that you don’t have allergies. I swear I am allergic to the universe. Darn that Colin will need surgery but I think it’s better to get it out of the way so it doesn’t end up as emergency surgery.

We were in the 60’s today. Ssh don’t tell Mother Nature. Marty grilled supper for us and did most of his dishes for today. Sweet. I had a glass of wine while he cooked supper.
I talked to 2 more of my employees about this is what you need to do to help yourself on appraisals including the working and playing well with others. Neg Nelly is the only one i have left; she usually just says okay - very passive aggressive.

I picked my topic for June’s newspaper article. I’ve got July and August picked but was kind of stuck on June. It’s going to focus on a star - Arcturus. The paper ran my summer stargazing article Saturday and had my name listed as March. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Just a quick hello today and off to workout then see Greg's allergist.

@marcy supper prepared by Marty sounds yummy and glad you enjoyed a glass of wine and that your sweet dh did the dishes too. What a keeper he is. I am glad most of your employees are playing well with each other but sorry Negative Nelly is still so passive aggressive and negative. She needs an attitude adjustment. How is she still in that position? Does she have tenure or something lol. Not funny and sorry you have to deal with her. Nice you chose a topic for your June newsletter but lol I prefer marcy to the name march. Sometimes when I am writing your name here march pops up and I have to fix it. Autocorrect strikes often and if one isn't diligent one gets zinged by that darn autocorrect. Thank you for enjoying my earring pics. Sweet weather you are having. I would take 60s any day. It's been in the 40s here. Feels more like November than May. Have a lovely day Marcy/March/sweet lady.

@AV_ I owe you better photos and will try later today or this week. How is your week progressing?

@Sandeek thanks for sharing in my enthusiasm. Hope you have a good day at work today and that the children behave. Everyone is getting restless for the end of the school year and for summer to be here. I would love to get some more nice Spring weather before the hot humid NYC summer weather arrives.

Have a lovely Tuesday girls! Leaving you with a Bubbalah fire shot from the doctor's office yesterday morning as we were waiting. Hahaha thank goodness for bling distraction when one is apprehensive and waiting for the specialist.

Fire in waiting room. Greg's leg and Bubbalah.:lol-2:
fireinwaitingroom.jpeg.png

Out of waiting room and in the doctor's office waiting for her. :twirl:
Glove imprint (cold outside) was still on my hand. LOL
bubbalahaturologistoffice.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy If I live through tomorrow, I'll tell the tale! Of 'NIRDI' , N(ow) is of the essence.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Three days of biking has left my saddle a little sore... :mrgreen2: Enjoying fine weather.

Keeliamira--your ring is superb! And the cabbage rolls were great thanks!
Missy--great earring choice; wish they were mine!

Shout out to NIRDIs:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ouch @canuk-gal take care of your important little places :whistle: :lol:

Any day you don’t have to cook is a good day @marcy, what a treat. Sounds like you’re really organised with your newsletter. I imagine it must be really difficult trying to come up with different and interesting topics each month. How did it go with NegNel?

It’s just impossible to take a bad photo of Bubbalah @missy, she’s so photogenic :love: How’s your day been? Thanks for the good wishes for Colin.

I hope you’ve survived the day AV_ :shock:

Went to Pilates today, the weather is glorious, really summery at the moment. We spent a couple of hours in the garden tidying up this afternoon.

Despite telling Colin yesterday just to phone to schedule the surgery anytime that’s convenient, the earliest appointment is September 24th :-o It’s not at the hospital he wants to go to, but he’s booked it anyway.

We’re going to Bletchley Park tomorrow, it’s somewhere Bob & Shirley we’re keen to see. It’s where the WWII code breakers were based, and where the enigma code was cracked.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I always love seeing pictures of your pretty Bubbalah. It is such a gorgeous diamond and ring. I would say Neg Nel knows how to work the system. She’ll know when she’s pushed something too far and be the perfect employee for a few months until she’s kind of out of trouble then start it up again. Our company makes it difficult to fire people; you have to put them on performance plans and then if they don’t meet those expectations you can let them go. I guarantee she’d make sure she met all those requirements. We have checked with HR about her attitude and the best we can do is write her up. They also kind of go from year to year so she gets warnings then skates by till the end of the year. I have March pop up sometimes too; the best one is when I type out a letter and sign it Marcy and Marcy or Marty and Marty. Oops. Sorry it is so chilly there. I saw with more northerly areas might get snow sometime soon. I hope Greg’s appointment went well.

AV, sending your mega dust to survive tomorrow.

Sharon, darn you are a little sore but I bet you enjoyed getting in multiple days of bike rides. Hopefully you’ll get used to your seat soon.
Austina, I had dozens of articles from years ago but I copied over all those files one time. Phooey. For the paper I want to focus on something visible in the evening sky that month. That is too bad Colin couldn’t get in to the hospital he wants to have his surgery at and has to wait until September. Does he have any special restrictions until then? I am glad you are enjoying nice weather. We are going to be near 80 here tomorrow and Thursday. Wow, huh? Enjoy Bletchley Park; what a cool place to visit where such an important part of history took place. Neg Nel didn’t show up until after lunch and had quite a bit of work to do so maybe I can catch her tomorrow. I want to get that done.

Marty is at the gym and I am done with dishes already. Sweet. I had a snooze fest at work this afternoon; I watched videos on some new software programs we are going to use. I’d rather just get in there and play with it. I think we get access to it next Monday.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina @marcy Yesteday was quite something & so is today. Thank you very much indeed!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies!

@junebug17 how are you holding up and how is Zoe doing? Praying she is not in any discomfort and sending you both healing thoughts and gentle hugs and much love. I am so sorry you are going through this and want you to know we are continuing to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

@canuk-gal hi there, thank you very much. And they are yours to borrow any time my dear Sharon. Perhaps a visit to NYC would be in order at some future date...:kiss: Oh no to the sore saddle from biking. I hear and feel you on that one. That is why I love and need my recumbent cushioned seat. But that is due to menopause and all that comes from it for me. Nuff said.:oops2: Aging aint for sissies that is for sure. At least we have pretty bling to take our minds off less pleasant matters. Sending you (((hugs))) across the miles.

@missy If I live through tomorrow, I'll tell the tale! Of 'NIRDI' , N(ow) is of the essence.
Yesteday was quite something & so is today. Thank you very much indeed!

Ooh you have piqued my interest @AV_ and I am waiting (im)patiently to hear the tale. Hopefully minus the ow...

@Austina thank you kindly. Same for Bella. Bubbalah and Bella make a gorgeous pair if I do say so myself. :sun: I hope one day they will be reunited. Sorry Colin is not booked at his hospital of choice. Is there any way you can be put on a waiting list to get him where he wants to have the surgery? Enjoy Bletchley park today. So sorry your friends aren't joining you. Life is sad. I was just reminiscing about our dear friend Jeff who died over 5 months ago. Time marches on without them.:cry2:

@marcy Thank you for your good wishes as always. Appointment went OK. More on that below.
OK so neg Nellie can work the system but I guarantee you she isn't a happy person and that is why she behaves this way. So in the grand scheme of things while she makes life difficult for her colleagues she is the one who is suffering. Much harder to be full of negative energy than positive energy IMO. Glad you finished the dishes quickly yesterday/ Sweet. Sorry work was a snooze fest yesteryday and Boo to more snow that might be coming your way. OMG it's mid May. The snow needs to go away. Come back another day. Preferably not till 2020. (See what I did there? :whistle:). Hope work goes well today and that Neg Nellie isn't negative or at least doesn't interact with you today.

@Sandeek how did last night go? Hope you had a lovely evening and that your latest blood tests show you are infection free and that you remain that way. When you have the energy could you please share your everyday earrings here with us? I will have to do a search later to see if you posted them on PS before. Sending you hugs and good thoughts.

@Keeliamira how are you doing? Any updates? Thinking of you.

Also thinking of you @ringo865. Glad you liked the UPS updated poem hahaha.

I saw the allergist yesterday and she couldn't help me figure out if I am allergic to the dye or Technetium and she said I must pre-medicate with steroids 13 hours before, then 6 hours before then one hour before the procedures. And take Benadryl as well. So while I am not for now doing the CT scan I might still need to do the bone scan with Technetium depending on how my endocrinologist follow up goes in June. Putting that all out of my mind for now and just sharing it here and now I am free of thinking about it. Thanks for listening girls.

Finally the rain (and cold?) has left for a while at least and it looks to be a lovely day. Too bad Greg has to go into the office. My partner in crime and fun will be working and I want to be playing.:P2 I will probably take a nice long walk later and see if my friend M will have a few hours in the afternoon between classes to join me. I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday. (((Hugs))).

This is for @AV_ I took some video for you. Hope it came out OK.

and a still shot.

omcdanglescloseup.png

Thank you for looking and have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results