shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy what a great picture of Tommy. I'm sure he thinks Greg built that unit just for cat naps.
Easter really snuck up on me and I didn't even have time to send DD a card. Honestly at my age I have trouble remembering if Easter is coming or going. Not that my memory is bad just that the years seem to blend into each other! I'll see something blooming in the yard and think...wait a second didn't I just take a picture of that last week??! No that was last year. Omg lol

Oh yes @Jimmianne I totally know what you are saying and yes yes yes. I can hardly remember the day of the week let alone the year sometimes...it all blends together...you are so right! And haha I am sure you are also correct re what Tommy thinks about where he takes his cat naps.:lol: Sir Tommy says thank you for your lovely compliment...purrs and hugs to you XOXO.

and for those of us who might also have trouble remembering the day of the week or the year...happy GOOD Friday 2018!

1237372v4er6kso38.gif

and party at @Scandinavian's with her Gaga Aga new stove and with chefs @PierreBear, @rainwood @marcy and perhaps Chef Greg can join in...we won't go hungry that is for certain.:lickout:
And yes
She would always say "oh I know you don't want me in your kitchen so I'll just sit here and read" lol
We can read and chat and otherwise keep the chefs entertained and in good company while we wait for the delicious food to be prepared.

Thank you in advance lovely chef ladies and chef Greg.

taverymuch.gif
nworthy2.gif
rockon2.gif
thum12.gif
luv12.gif

slider_grouphugg.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs and Happy Friday!

(although how can I beat missy's Happy Friday little monster!)

missy I am so sorry to hear about the nodules on your thyroid. I am crossing my fingers that this new endocrinologist knows his stuff and the treatment will help. And of course :pray: that the nodules stay as they are, or even shrink and go away, if that's possible. Your kitchen is looking so gorgeous. Glad that last check was written and Greg doesn't have to deal with the GC or the wife any more. This summer should be wonderful for you guys.

scandi I usually work on keeping fluffiness at bay but when I slack off it's like the movie sludge and it just takes over LOL Your kitchen is just as june said, full of texture and color, very classy and beautiful.

marcy I'm crossing my fingers for you that what you want to achieve for/with your employees so your boss can be more fair in how he views their results goes well. It's nice that you've got their backs. So glad you didn't scratch the car. :shock: Or that at least it's so miniscule marty didn't notice it. Are you sure you're not married to my DH? ::)

austina yes, for me it's always a choice between between my body looking more toned and losing fat in my face. I like your story about staying fluffy to keep the face plumped :Up_to_something:

pierre I like how you did two types of platings for your cooking class. Is the Jefferson thing this weekend? Glad some of your girlfriends seem to be genuinely excited. I think you guys will have a great time so try to not be nervous even though I know it's hard because you want things to go well. That FOB you bought looks gorgeous. It's sold out now.

(I always forget what FOB is :mad: it's not just a regular keychain / keyring is it?)

jimmianne glad the blanket is working out so well it's actually helping you sleep!

june, sharon, hi! :wavey:

We went away for about 5 days. Sorry I don't say exactly where because I'm paranoid of revealing not to you guys but to the interwebs ::) and also this way maybe you guys think I'm some superstar celebrity and I can't reveal my whereabouts :cheeky:

We had a nice time. But it is so nice to be home, and to be back to the kitties. I was telling missy that the older I get the more anxiety I feel about traveling, and part of it is leaving the cats.

Before I went on my trip, I had had a scheduled manicure and pedicure with my usual girl. I had made this appointment months ago. The day before I get a call that she won't be in. When I ask why, they tell me she's sick and going through "treatments." When I texted her, she told she has colon cancer, stage 3. :blackeye: So scary, so sad. Goes to show you how your life can change in one minute. Here is this gorgeous (she really is a very attractive woman), fit, young (40s), who eats well and takes care of herself...and this. When I looked up the survival rate for her type 3B, it said 69%. I don't know that doesn't sound too great to me. :(sad So just, sad.

Well, anyway guys glad to be back I've missed you all.

Happy Friday :appl:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PBear that looks so delicious!

The blanket arrived and I think it's a winner. It did feel like being hugged when I took a brief test lie down.
If I recall correctly it weighs 12 pounds, which appropriate for my weight. It does not feel unduly heavy, just a gentle feeling of settling in. Full report in the morning.

Ah yes, Missy and Scandi, I do hope you make kitchen renovation house calls!
Off to the barn
xx

Jimmianne, you have dogs and horses. I would be there in less than 24 hours :kiss2:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!
We are in the mountains :) looks like a fairytale here!!!!!!!!

AB1148AB-ED47-44DD-9859-35028AC7F30D.jpeg F0545C8D-C52B-4843-9BF3-7B22C389EFE7.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CJ! Thank you and hugs. I’m so sorry about your manicurists bad news. So sad.i hope she beats it. Sending bucketloads of healing dust her way. You are so right. Everything can change just like that. Scary is right.

Hello girls!
We are in the mountains :) looks like a fairytale here!!!!!!!!

AB1148AB-ED47-44DD-9859-35028AC7F30D.jpeg F0545C8D-C52B-4843-9BF3-7B22C389EFE7.jpeg

Scandi beautiful photos. :love: Hope you’re having a marvelous time.

Kitchen pics from just now. My dh ever the funny man haha. @marcy I think you and Greg and Marty and I have similar senses of humor. Haha look at his special addition in every single pic.
Lol
He isn’t done but it’s a good start. Work calls now so time to stop his clean up oh well. Tomorrow (next week) is another day. :halo:

272280C9-CD14-44AF-A2D9-CFAACB0F22AD.jpeg 08027179-A5C0-43AF-A7FA-C9FDD6134A85.jpeg 72BE96A9-046E-4D27-AF67-2B956BE65C2D.jpeg

Oops I see he didn’t add the dough boy to every pic and I accidentally managed to choose the ones without it lol. Ok let’s try adding one more.

69704328-EBE0-42F2-A47A-D73A7D669971.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m feeling surpringly normal today (well ‘normal’ for me :mrgreen2:).

Wow @junebug17 you’ve got a really busy weekend ahead, sounds like it’ll be fun tho’. Oh no to ants, those critters get everywhere. I think I read somewhere that if you put chalk down it’s supposed to deter them. Glad you enjoyed your catch up with your brother and sister. Is he feeling all settled in now?

Have a great weekend @PierreBear, enjoy peeling all those bad boys, it’s a lot of work for very little return:lol: I’ll stick with lobster tails, less work more return.

I think Adam was scoffing the last of the samosas as we were leaving, so much for putting them in the freezer for another time! I’ve left the recipe with Kim, so if he wants more, he’ll have to ask her nicely :D

Financially, we’d be in a far better position in the US regarding inheritance tax @Jimmianne , the threshold here is woefully low, and it’s galling that having paid tax on earnings, then savings, the government then grab back even more when you die. Just hope when the time comes, we qualify for a green card. There’s no point in us buying a home there until we’re certain we’re coming and paying property tax and other expenses on it. Adam’s house is plenty big enough to accommodate us when we visit. We just sit and wait for now and keep our fingers crossed.

I’m so sorry to hear that Marty’s job is still precarious @marcy, it’s so unsettling not knowing what’s happening, and coupled with the shenanigans at work, as @missy says, oi! Hope you’ve had a better day workwise today, and Marty got home safely last night.

:lol: to the kitties and their comfortable places to sleep @missy, great pics, HRH looks suitably haughty as befits her title!

Hopefully Greg is almost done sorting out the beach house so that you can get out there and see your gorgeous new kitchen. Edit to add, it’s looking great (posting at the same time)

Wow @Scandinavian , great scenery, have fun with your little snow babies.

I’m fuming with the TSA, they opened my case, and at least didn’t screw the combination up like last time, but they obviously took out the pan and slammed it down, as they’ve chipped the enamel :angryfire: I had it wrapped really well, and had inspected it before I bought it, so I know it wasn’t damaged by us.

I kept awake till 10pm last night, and slept for a few hours, I don’t usually find the jet lag too bad coming home.

Tom and his wife said Dottie was really good, they couldn’t believe how easy she is to look after. It’s obvious to us that she was very relaxed with them and wasn’t stressed at all. She slipped straight back in to her routine here with no problem. It’s such a relief to know that she’s so well taken care of when we’re away.

It’s been thrashing down here all day, and the forecast for the weekend is the same. :roll

We’re not doing a lot this weekend, just out for dinner with friends tomorrow.

Nearly the weekend :dance:

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Austina--sorry about your pan. I'd be pissed also. I recall once when I went to Acapulco and my luggage was searched (literally dumped out)--every piece of jewellery inspected and they lost a pearl earring of mine. Actually it was my Mom's and I didn't ask her permission to take them so I had to have one custom made to match and it cost me a fortune!!! All without her knowing! Served me right!!!! I was SO mad.:P2

I am feeling sorry for myself--freezing here--waaaaaaaaa. No Easter bonnets---just woolen hats and mittens. I'll cook Easter supper on Sunday.

Hello NIRDI's.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina I will be curious about your jetlag experience. I usually have a couple of great days then go into some weird dreamland world for a couple of weeks. If you have any tips to share I want to hear them! Anyway, it's fun that you are a two continent NIRDI.

Drat just lost the rest of the post.

Sharon, sending you a warm spring breeze xx

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
glasses_hand2.gif

Sharon just like Jimmianne I am sending you more warm Spring breezes. We might be getting snow next week omg and lol. I hope not but right now the meteorologists are saying it is a possibility. Those meteorologists live for this stuff.:lol: Anyway hoping there is no snow in your forecast because you definitely deserve some lovely Spring weather already!
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

Austina glad you are feeling back to your "normal" self. Yes I would be so pissed with the TSA and your pan. Grrrrrr.
angry_8_text1.gif
So careless and rude. I am so sorry. I am so happy Dottie is well and that she is a joy to care for...makes going away for you guys guilt free.:appl:Hope your weekend weather improves and enjoy going out with your friends.

Jimmianne how are you? Arghh to losing your post. Hate when that happens. Hugs and have a lovely Caturday Saturday.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif
And let's not leave the sweet dogs out.
1237400wqzwintuen.gif

Marcy what are your Easter plans and what is on the menu? Pie perhaps?
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif

Off for more coffee. See you later lovely ladies and have a wonderful day.
tea_cup.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was laundry day. Look at this love.

tommyandcleanaundrynotsocleananymorelol.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a dollie! It is -19C here so I feel I could cozy up in those blankets myself!!

Oh my goodness that is cold! Stay warm and cozy Sharon. Sending you big warm (((hugs))).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoppy Easter Eve NIRDIs!

Missy, I guess that explains why Karl was giggling the other night. He snagged my mini and was have a great time for sure. HRH was keeping him entertained. I actually left my desk at 4:57 pm because by the time I get downstairs and reach the door it is easily 5 pm. Ha. Run away, run away. I have no plans for tomorrow; laundry mostly. How about you? I hope Greg’s cleanup goes well. i love the picture of Tommy. It’s adorable. I think all of us and Greg could whip up a fabulous meal in Scandi’s kitchen. Look out Scandi, here we come! I totally chucked about Greg’s pictures with the Pillsbury dough boy and that was before I read what you said. Yes, I believe the 4 of us have a similar sense of humor (or at least we think we are funny anyway). You had to staged a photo and make it look personal and homey. Your kitchen look fabulous!!! Is the Pillsbury Dough Boy a cookie jar? He’s cute. Are you having pie tomorrow? I hope so. We don’t have any plans for tomorrow.

Jimmianne, a NIRDI pot luck dinner would be awesome. And there is nothing wrong with keeping the cooks company in the kitchen even with a good book. Kitchens are often the happiest places to hang out. I used to be really good about remembering birthday and holidays but since my mom passed away I am awful at it. I think it’s a mental block thing because my mom and I always sent cards out to our entire family. I imagine setting up an inheritance between countries will require so legal help in both countries. Heck it is challenging enough in one country. Good luck!

CJ, does you DH spot every little ding or scratch on your car too? His buddies at work will take pictures and send to Marty if I am parked funny. So if you are a true celebrity who reality show are you on? You could tell me anything because I don’t watch those type of programs. That is so awful about the lady who does your nails. You never know what can happen to any of us.

Scandi, it does look like a fairy tale in the mountains. It’s absolutely gorgeous. I hated the hassle of going to my parents cabin in the winter (cold, snow, driving on icy roads, riding snow mobiles in the cabin, hauling everything with you) but wow was it pretty and peaceful once you got there.

Austina, I did chuckle at feeling normal today. I always say I am Abby Someone (from Young Frankenstein). I am confident you’ll have no problems getting a green car and moving hear when you guys are ready for the move. Good plan not to buy a place until you are ready and have the paperwork in progress. I am remaining surprisingly calm about Marty’s job security and the shenanigans at work. I guess I’ve finally convinced myself not to let things I can’t change get me all worked up. Holy crap that stinks the TSA chipped your pan. Glad to hear Dottie is taking everything in stride.

Sharon, that is pretty rotten about the TSA dumping out your suitcase and losing one of your mom’s pearl earrings. I think sometimes they just do those things because they can. Grr. I am sorry to hear it is freezing there. I can see horizontal snow coming down here now. It’s going to be a chilly and white Easter here.

I hoped to sleep in today but got up about 7. That is later than normal though. We went and picked up groceries about 9 and then put gas in the pickup. We had $1.10 off per gallon of gas from our grocery store so that was worth driving to the other side of town (which is 10 minutes here ha ha) to get discounted gas.

Marty is having a play date with one of his strength training buddies from Colorado. They are down in the Man Cave gym now and Marty is making some kind of high protein lunch for them. I was going to head out to Kohl’s and to sign the cash drawing book at the golf course but found the guy had parked his car smack in the middle of where I would back out of the garage. We have a huge drive way with a 3 car garage and he picks some random spot right in the middle of the 2 car garage door? I thought of going downstairs and doing some womansplaining to the guy about do you have to take up an entire driveway for a little car? It’s snowing now so good luck getting me to go anywhere later today. The annual membership at the club expires today and they have drawings daily too win $500 if you were in and signed the book the day before. So tomorrow they are drawing names until all of their money in the pot is gone. I’d be thrilled to win $500.

Take care.
Marcy

MCAUDI

Rough_Rock
This is the other Marcy. Which one of us are from the evil parallel universe? :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis! Happy Easter and Happy Passover!

Missy, such a pretty view for the kitties to enjoy, I can see why they love the beachhouse so much. That pic of Tommy is so adorable! I think you're right, Tommy and Zoe would make a perfect couple lol. The kitchen looks fabulous! And the Pilsbury Dough Boy looks totally at home. That kitty does look very comfy snuggled up in the laundry :love:

PB, I hope you're having a wonderful time in Louisiana with your dh!

Marcy, the curved tv is working out ok - but interestingly dh didn't buy another one for the place in SC - and I prefer the non-curved. I can see why it would be annoying for someone sitting to the side of the tv. Lol to not being able to sit next to each other on the couch! I am cautiously declaring victory on the ant invasion, I haven't seen any for a couple of days now. Sorry you've been having some challenging and busy days at work. And what's up with the guy parking right in the middle like that? Makes no sense!

Lol to MCAUDI! I feel like I'm in an episode of Twin Peaks!

Jimmianne, I know what you mean, the years are all just running together, and time is going by so quickly. Sometimes it scares me a little. Lol to your grandmother's comment, I love it! I am so sorry about the jet lag, and I empathize with you - I went to Shanghai with dh a few years ago on a business trip and I had a really horrible time getting over the jet lag when I got home, I honestly think it took me 3 weeks to feel normal. Nothing really seemed to help, except complaining to anyone who would listen lol! I hope you're feeling better soon. Sorry for the confusion on the inheritance issue, wish I could help and I hope you get an answer soon.

CJ, glad you had a nice time on your trip. I agree, worrying about our furbabies adds some stress to traveling. That is very sad news about your manacurist, and a very sobering reminder of how quickly things can change.

Scandi, gorgeous pics of the mountains! Enjoy your weekend with your family.

Austina, thanks for the tip about the chalk, if the ants show up again I'll give it a try. Glad you made it home safe and sound and Dottie is doing well, although I'm sorry about your pan :(2 Have a lovely time with your friends this weekend.

Sharon, brrr, those are some cold temps, I'm sorry! Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Today dh and I went to the birthday party for my nephew's baby and we had a really nice time. It was warm enough to barbeque and of course I ate too much. Tomorrow is dinner at my bil's house. I'm going to be exhausted from all this socializing lol!

Take care everyone! <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis! Happy Easter and Happy Passover!

Missy, such a pretty view for the kitties to enjoy, I can see why they love the beachhouse so much. That pic of Tommy is so adorable! I think you're right, Tommy and Zoe would make a perfect couple lol. The kitchen looks fabulous! And the Pilsbury Dough Boy looks totally at home. That kitty does look very comfy snuggled up in the laundry :love:

PB, I hope you're having a wonderful time in Louisiana with your dh!

Marcy, the curved tv is working out ok - but interestingly dh didn't buy another one for the place in SC - and I prefer the non-curved. I can see why it would be annoying for someone sitting to the side of the tv. Lol to not being able to sit next to each other on the couch! I am cautiously declaring victory on the ant invasion, I haven't seen any for a couple of days now. Sorry you've been having some challenging and busy days at work. And what's up with the guy parking right in the middle like that? Makes no sense!

Lol to MCAUDI! I feel like I'm in an episode of Twin Peaks!

Jimmianne, I know what you mean, the years are all just running together, and time is going by so quickly. Sometimes it scares me a little. Lol to your grandmother's comment, I love it! I am so sorry about the jet lag, and I empathize with you - I went to Shanghai with dh a few years ago on a business trip and I had a really horrible time getting over the jet lag when I got home, I honestly think it took me 3 weeks to feel normal. Nothing really seemed to help, except complaining to anyone who would listen lol! I hope you're feeling better soon. Sorry for the confusion on the inheritance issue, wish I could help and I hope you get an answer soon.

CJ, glad you had a nice time on your trip. I agree, worrying about our furbabies adds some stress to traveling. That is very sad news about your manacurist, and a very sobering reminder of how quickly things can change.

Scandi, gorgeous pics of the mountains! Enjoy your weekend with your family.

Austina, thanks for the tip about the chalk, if the ants show up again I'll give it a try. Glad you made it home safe and sound and Dottie is doing well, although I'm sorry about your pan :(2 Have a lovely time with your friends this weekend.

Sharon, brrr, those are some cold temps, I'm sorry! Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Today dh and I went to the birthday party for my nephew's baby and we had a really nice time. It was warm enough to barbeque and of course I ate too much. Tomorrow is dinner at my bil's house. I'm going to be exhausted from all this socializing lol!

Take care everyone! <3

JuneB--I am glad you ate too much and had so much fun with your family. Best bunches of good stuff your way...this (Easter) weekend and always.

xoxo--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5201.jpg
Happy Easter to all my egghead bling bunnies!
:wavey:, other Marcy.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, wherever in the world you are.
IMG_5199.jpg

And I hope you all have a good supply of Easter candy and don't have to resort to this sad substitute for chocolate!
IMG_5205.jpg

It is a quiet morning here. Yesterday I did a ton of mowing and some tractor work. Feeling victorious over the farm chores.
Everything is in bloom and glorious.
IMG_5204.JPG
(((Hugs)))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy Easter & Passover.

I don’t really have a magic cure for jet lag @Jimmianne other than forcing myself in to the usual routine for the time zone and just keeping going, no matter how tired I am. So getting up when I should, no matter how much I want to stay in bed, and forcing myself to stay up till bed time, no matter how tired I am. I find giving in to the tiredness just prolongs the jet lag. I hope you get your inheritance tax issue sorted out, it seems that life is easier for those who don’t plan and save, than those of us who do :roll

Well done on getting your farm chores done, it’s looking great.

Yikes @canuk-gal - that’s COLD :shock: Keep safe & warm.

Hi @CJ2008 I’m so sorry, I somehow missed your post. I’m glad you and DH enjoyed your trip. That’s so sad about your manicurist, truly illustrates how fragile life is, and how it can all change in the blink of an eye. Sending healing thoughts for a positive outcome for her.

Yum to BBQ @junebug17 it’s hard not to over eat when someone else does the cooking, have fun at BILs today, yay to not having to cook again :dance:

:lol: To the big guy having a play date @marcy. I’m glad you’re not getting overly stressed about the job situation, Colin was made redundant 3 times and always got a better job each time. I’m a great believer in not worrying about things until they happen, then dealing with them. Good luck with the draw, $500 would be a nice little bonus :D

Hello other Marcy @MCAUDI :mrgreen:

Thank you for your offer to adopt us @missy, do you prefer to be called Mummy or Mother ? :lol:

Aww to laundry kitty, they really do like to find a lovely soft spot to make themselves comfy. Do you have plans for today?

Despite the dire weather predictions, it’s a lovely bright day here, I expect it’s cold, but that’s ok, we’ll be taking Dottie out shortly, although she’s in no rush :roll2:

Hope you’re having fun @PierreBear

Have a good Sunday :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Easter Sunday!
happypassoverglittereaster.gif

Haha Marcy love your alter ego. Like Erika Jayne you have so much personality it can be enjoyed by more than one person.:lol:
yes the PBDB is a cookie jar...uh oh did I hear someone say cookies...:lickout:
Good going getting out of work on time. :appl:Yes to discounted gas and yes to sleeping (if only a bit) later than usual. Every minute counts. Oh no to snowing there again. Hope you can still go out if you want to and hope Marty enjoyed his play date. How rude to park in the middle of the driveway like that I mean WTH? LOL to womansplaining. :P2 Hope you win that drawing! Happy Easter and (((hugs))).

Junie so happy you had a wonderful visit at your nephew's baby's birthday party and I hope you have a fabulous Easter at your BIL's house. And I hear you re being exhausted on the socializing. Me too. :lol: Have fun and (((hugs))) and happy Easter!

Sharon, happy Easter and I hope it isn't too frigid outside but I know you will be warm and cozy and enjoy a lovely day with your family. Spring is coming though a bit late for sure. XOXO have a wonderful holiday!

Jimmianne how beautiful those trees are and I love when everything starts blooming. Lovely photos. Good for you getting all your farm chores accomplished. And yummy eggs. Chocolate ones are the only eggs I eat haha. Happy Easter and (((hugs))) to you and the horses and all the fur babies.

Austina you're very welcome and any time. We would love you to join our family.:appl:Mummy is good. I rather like the sound of that and IMO it is timeless as opposed to Mommy which sounds too young for me.:whistle::lol: Happy Easter and (((hugs))).

CJ happy Easter and whatever you decide to do today I hope you have a wonderful day and (((hugs))).

Scandi happy Easter and (((hugs))).

Callie Happy Easter and hope you had fun last night. Hugs.

PierreBear hope you are enjoying a wonderful holiday with your family and I can almost smell all the yummy food from here. Hugs.

Rainwood hope you had a wonderful trip and that you are happy to be back home enjoying this holiday. (((Hugs))).

We had fun yesterday. Spent the afternoon enjoying the lovely weather and then later went to my parents and had the Passover Seder. Lots of activity and lots of food and we are both tired today. We are getting old haha. My nieces had just gotten a hover board that afternoon and one two three were able to ride it no problem. None of the adults could lol. Though Greg did manage to get on it but then fell promptly off. Oy and LOL thank goodness he wasn't hurt. I couldn't manage to even get both feet on and after trying twice gave up. This Klutz knows when to quit that is for sure.

My older niece trying the Hover board. I have video I shared on IG btw.

bethanyonhoverboard.jpg

and the youngest niece on the hover board. She was doing twirls etc. LOL.

alexaonhoverboard.jpg

Zena was full of mischief yesterday and ready to play.

zenapassover2018.jpg

But she behaved for the most part during the Seder.

zenaandalexapassover2018.jpg

zenakissingalexapassover2018.jpg

bethanypassover2018.jpg

The fur babies were good during the Seder but my dad cracked a joke in the middle of it and he and I couldn't stop laughing and well let's just say like father like daughter. ROFLMAO but too bad my mom and sister did not find it amusing.
5013295x4kzhv5xfgffffff.gif

Overall it was a fur baby affair. Simon and Zena.
Simonandzena.jpg

JJ and Zena.

alexajjandzena.jpg

and enough with the photos for now. Leaving you with our Easter and Passover colors this year. Purple and Yellow. Happy colors and Happy holidays NIRDIs and NIRDI families! Love you. XOXO.

missyandgregpassover2018.jpg

Happy Easter!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful pictures Missy! Thanks for sharing your lovely gang! Looks like you had a grand day--and your weather looked good too! Snow our way today but that is life (-14C now, the high today maybe half that). It will be just my family for supper as my son's friend is going to his relatives.

MY red and yellow tulips cheered me up!

Hello NIRDIs!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Easter and Happy Passover!

Junebug, I don’t think I’d like the curved TV but we did look at them last year. I totally admit that Marty and I would act like little kids in the close proximity of being on the same couch. It’s our maturity level not our age. Ha Ha. I am glad to hear you haven’t seen any more ants. My in-laws had them in their RV and really had problems getting rid of them. I told Marty if they drew my name for $500 his lifting buddy owes me some serious cash. You are having a very social weekend including lots of good food and seeing your nephew’s baby. What more can a person ask for? I hope our snow melts enough we can grill our tenderloins for supper. Things are always better cooked on the grill.

Sharon, I hope it warms up for you there. I am glad you have some pretty tulips to cheer you up.

Jimmianne, great Easter Eggs. Your trees look gorgeous. We are weeks away from trees blooming in my neck of the woods.

Austina, Marty does the same thing when he travels overseas; just adjusts to local times for sleeping. The trips to LA don’t require any adjustment. I’ve never met the guy that came up to lift with Marty yesterday so I didn’t give him the usual crap I give Marty’s friends that know me. One time when he had a poker night in the man cave I yelled down there at 10 pm - are you little friends staying late? I do amuse myself. I am glad Colin has always found a better position, things do tend to work out. I didn’t make it over to sign the book so hopefully they won’t draw my name. I’ll be sad if they did.

Missy, your nieces are growing up so much and they are so adorable. Ha ha to my alter ego. I cleared all my browsing history again because that stupid evil Mac Cleaner popup is back so I couldn’t log in on my iPad to PS except for that old log in. I figured it out this morning. Leave it to me to peg the PBDB was a cookie jar. I am sure Greg will fill it up for you soon. If I knew that guy at all I would totally have gone downstairs and given him crap but I remained quiet and reserved around him. He left not knowing what the real me is like. Ha! That hover board is pretty cool but I’d never try it. Watch Marcy crash and burn would be my story. I am so glad Greg didn’t get hurt when he fell off of it. It sounds like you had a fabulous time seeing everyone yesterday.

Marty took $120 to play poker last night and came home with $240. Since I fronted his in money out of my billfold I am trying to recoup my loss and get a percentage of his winnings but so far he is ignoring my requests.

My movie plans for the evening while Marty was playing poker was interrupted by my chatty sister. 90 minutes later and it was time to get ready for bed. I swear I’d rather talk to her 15 minutes a day than 90 minutes in one setting. I either get the Spanish inquisition of she is on a rant about something. I love my sister, I love my sister.

I am working on laundry today and hope to remain firmly planted on the love seat.

Have a great day.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now this would be a mean April's Fools joke for us on PS.

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 12.09.17 PM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy
Laundry for me too. I'm bored but so bored I can't think of anything to do.
I think that's called having a day off lol
Hope you get your percentage!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I think both of us deserve a day off. I am sure you had to feed your assorted pets and animals. I am down to the last load of laundry in the washing machine. Marty is napping and I keep hoping he'll wake up soon and grill our steaks. I think I should get a percentage of Marty's poker winnings.

P

PierreBear

Hello NIRDI Ladies! Looks like everyone had a great Easter and hopefully everyone got their fill of chocolate. I did my fair share of eating crawfish. Gosh we only eat it about once a year so I stuffed myself to the brim. Really enjoyed the boiled carrots and corn on the side as much as I do the crawfish though. Before work today though… I was naughty and got some clearance candy. Those Cadbury sugar coated eggs are delicious and DH loves it too. Waist line does not like it though… hahaha

We did some yard work this past weekend and it felt nice to pull out some weeds and clear out some of those leaves/pollen. Really neat to see some of our plants growing babies. Mother nature is so amazing to me! Well have a great rest of the Monday! Class today where we are pretending we are the “breakfast line cook.” We will randomly draw 4 things to cook and we only get 15 minutes. All cooking 1 at a time and cheering each other on. I’ll be a nervous wreck as I’m a slow mover but I know it will be ok! Hope ya’ll have a great day!

@junebug17 – Hope you are still enjoying the car and perhaps find a way to turn off the features you don’t like. Awesome about the curved tv! How do you like it? Does it enhance the way you view things?

Hope you had fun celebrating DD’s birthday! I’m sure there was cake right?! Yuck… get rid of those ants before they march into the birthday fun!

@marcy – Way to power through those challenging days but still making it out the door by 5. Productive and getting that work life balance. You are inspiring!

@missy – They had a crawfish boil and I would have no idea how to do it! No cooking for me in Louisiana just good eating!

Hahaha… I like how Greg put the Pillsbury dough boy in the pictures. OH MY WORD THOUGH… I love the kitchen tile against those white cabinets. Everything look so beautiful!

Brave niece riding that hoverboard. I would fall on my butt in an instance! Doing it in a pretty dress and everything… : )

@Jimmianne – hahaha… I like your vision of us all cooking on Scandi’s new stove. Sorry to hear about the inheritance issues and having to go around and around with those lawyers… aiyaya

@CJ2008 – We had the Jeffersonian dinner on a weeknight and all the ladies honestly said they had fun. There were about 10 of us and all had our meals first to just casually meet and great. Then sat outside on our wooden table out back that can seat all of us and we just shared about our quote/anthem/verse etc and why it was important to us. I learned about my neighbor’s life story. Other people could relate to one each other’s stories. It was interesting but the general theme for many of the women was to be kind and treat people with respect or try to be a positive influence in any way you can. The event honestly was a great time and wasn’t awkward at all. Not sure if I’ll do it again though?! I’ll gladly go if someone else will host!

I’m not sure about what technically is a key fob. I would have called it a key ring too! If you wanted the same kind, I bet you can find it in the store if there is a Madewell where you live. The store I went into had 10+ of them and more than just the black leather version.

Sorry to hear about your manicurist having colon cancer. Gosh… way too young. Good wishes out to her!

Glad you had fun on your trip!

@Austina – Glad you are feeling like yourself now but sorry to hear about your chipped pan… urgghh….

Hahaha… I remember what you said about the crawfish and I did think about you while I was getting my nails and fingers all covered with spices. Glad to know that Dottie wasn’t stressed while you were away. I’m sure she is happier back at home. Hope you had a great dinner with your friends!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Snow Day girls!!! Greg was heading in and oh darn those trains are not running at all so oops not going into office this AM. I am not disappointed as you might imagine. I like having him here especially with the slippery conditions and the trains well what can I say. It isn't that bad out so wth is up with those trains?

april2018snow.jpg

april2018snow.jpeg

aprilsnow2018.jpg

Sharon yay for your lovely red and yellow tulips. That would cheer me up too.:love: We are experiencing some of your weather now but not as extreme. But I feel your pain believe me. I cannot wait for real Spring weather. And just hope it doesn't become hot before it becomes temperate. I hope you enjoyed a lovely Easter supper with your sweet family and that sounds like the perfect Easter celebration!

Marcy you were up early this AM. Bwahaha that is a terrible April Fools joke and could you imagine if any boy did that to his girl? That might be the end of that relationship lol. Gosh sorry Marty's chatty sister ruined your movie plans. But woohoo to doubling money gambling. Sweet. Now you just need to get your hands on that money hehehe. Hope work goes well and yay to your "mild" weather but boo to the strong winds. Stay safe. And when you get your hands on that $$$ I will help you spend it. See what a good friend I am?:cheeky:
Pierrebear yay for a lovely successful Jeffersonian Dinner! Glad your plants are growing strong. And your Easter sounded wonderful. :appl:
Thank you for the lovely kitchen compliments and that was what I was hoping for re the backsplash. I still have not seen it in person but looking forward to it.

Jimmianne hope things with your estate are getting sorted out and sending you hugs and good thoughts. How's the weather by you?

Scandi hope you had a wonderful time away. How are you feeling?

Welcome back Rainwood! Glad you had a marvelous time.:appl:

Austina I am sorry about you know who who shall remain nameless and I am still hoping you can move here and that horrible plan of his won't go through. (((HUGS))).

Yesterday was a lovely Easter Sunday for us. We went to Coney Island and our weather was perfect. 50s/60s and mild wind. Sharing some boardwalk pics with you from our Easter Sunday adventure.

You know what I will share it in another post as it is easier to share pics from my phone and I am currently on my laptop. This way I do not have to download and upload and all that jazz.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3C51B410-A8D0-4475-8BEE-0DEA5742770B.jpeg
A cutie pie we couldn’t resist. :love:

I will admit to stopping every couple of feet to play with all the dogs yesterday. What can I say? I could never resist a sweetie pie and I know you all kwim.:bigsmile:

OK let's hope this works from the phone. It's hard as everything is teeny tiny :lol:

Look at that sky. Gorgeous.
8789D51A-24A2-4E96-8419-D86A86F2FF3A.jpeg

Haha look at that sweetie. His momma took the above photo for us and of course I couldn't resist him or taking his photo either.:love:

E277805A-8748-4E27-970C-6F3AEBC229CC.jpeg

Being Easter Sunday we had to take photos with the Easter Bunny. Do not ask me WTH Mickey was doing in there though.:lol:
7F22CF7A-8FF4-4034-A515-A15FEAB5480C.jpeg

The famous Parachute Jump.
EC69A7A4-65F8-4458-BC2D-AC23D08B98E3.jpeg

Time for a photo op with my new Sunbrella. I made sure to color coordinate yesterday. 8-)

8C5358C5-554C-45AC-9A19-84C25FED80A6.jpeg

Time for another photo together. Love my sweet darling. Sea and sand and boardwalk. All in Brooklyn.

78039926-3F2D-48EA-8614-9AFF5B20AFCD.jpeg

See? :cheeky: (and Sea).
7BFB9A74-3B4D-4CC0-9B48-23FAC9D1393B.jpeg

Aquarium for next visit for sure. It's a great aquarium.
893166B8-CFC1-46E5-9D19-734F673D0800.jpeg

Really nothing beats the beach on a beautiful Spring day.
9B3970D1-6C2E-44F9-A8F2-947513AC758A.jpeg

Hard to believe this was just yesterday given the weather today. Oy oy oy. Mother Nature is a tease. But we love ya MN.:halo:

Enjoy a wonderful Monday girls. (((Hugs))).

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the dust for my manicurist missy. I hope she beats it too. She started chemo this past week she said it sucked. :blackeye:

Love, love love all the pictures of you, Greg, your nieces, the doggies, everything.

And did I already say how much I love your kitchen? But what are you trying to say, are you going to tell me it is pure coincidence you picked the doughboy or are you trying to show me my near future state if I continue to eat cookies and pizza and bagels :D

And it's so funny you realize that you had actually left him out of some of the pictures because I looked for him and I was like...huh...I don't see him. :D

Where are you finding all the cute emoticons and phrases (OMG I am sounding just like my mother now.)

austina I would be so angry with the TSA. :mad: and I couldn't believe sharon's story with that. Wow. On this past trip they checked DH's bag (who is a meticulous packer) and the TSA guy was like "sir, would you like to repack yourself, or would you like me to?" I laughed to myself. DH would never allow anyone to repack anything for him. Everything is perfectly placed. Thankfully he sometimes offers his services to me and my packing looks awesome too. :)

sharon so did you ever tell your mom about that earring? Enough time's gone by that you might be able to share it. Do you think she would find it amusing or she'd still get mad.

marcy yes DH will notice everything. I'm the same way with our cars we both will go out of our way to park them far away (and my car is cheap LOL) etc but yes he will notice everything. That's hysterical that his buddies will send pictures of your parking to Marty. Hmmmm...if I'd were on a reality show it would be titled The Loner :D I'm disappointed in your marcy. I thought you'd come up with some funny and clever way of letting the guy know how silly it is to park in the middle of your driveway. Maybe it would have been the appropriate time to evoke the other marcy. Hope marty had fun on his playdate :D you are a very nice and patient sister. And I do think you are owed some commission for sure. I tell DH that it happens way to often he doesn't have cash on him and he takes all of mine. :mad:

june glad to hear you had a nice visit and you got to see your nephew's baby. Hope you're loving the car and I'm kind of proud of you for admitting what you don't like about it. I think sometimes we're so hesitant to admit things like that especially with more expensive things. And like pierre said, there might a way to turn some features on and off.

pierre so glad the dinner went well. Happy for you. It does sound like the subject ended up being a little bit ordinary in that there was too much of a common theme that emerged. Like maybe something less predictable would be better (e.g., the scariest thing that ever happened to you, etc. something that might be more surprising). Did you feel that way or am I reading you wrong?

Thanks for trying to explain the keyfob. So basically and OMG am I going to sound super old right now. There is nothing electronic about it right? :|

jimmianne love the picture of the happy Easter in all different languages

scandi the snow pictures are just gorgeous

Easter was nice for us. We had breakfast with my parents and it was pretty relaxed and nice. I didn't even feel guilty not making my obligatory Easter phone calls which I so hate to make for every holiday :Up_to_something:
Well that's it NIRDIs just wanted to say hi :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s been a miserable wet day, typical bank holiday for here :roll

Looks like you had a great weekend @missy . I don’t think my balance has ever been that great that I’d remain upright on a hover board, but they do look like fun. It’s lovely to see how bonded your sweet nieces are with Zena, she’s really landed on her paws there. Just shows what love can do :love:

Great photos as always, and glad you gave your pretty parasol an outing.

Good luck tonight @PierreBear. Glad you enjoyed your crawfish and time with your family. Maybe you could suggest to your friends that you each take it in turns to host a Jefferson dinner, sounds like it was a successful evening. Adam was weeding yesterday too, and complaining today that he was aching :lol:

Have you ever tried the Cadbury creme eggs? :lickout:

Glad you had a lovely relaxing Easter @CJ2008

I hope you managed to relax yesterday @marcy after getting your chores done. We didn’t do much, just rested and luckily I didn’t have to cook as I’d already put a meal in the freezer before we went away.

We didn’t do much today, I dropped Colin off for a dental appt, then came home, did some cleaning and prepped some food for the freezer.

Colin was working on next years budget, (you can take the man out of the office, but can’t take the accountant out of the man!), so I reminded him he needs to be sure to include at least 3cts worth of sparkly :lol: :pray:

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy--your weather is no good today! What a difference a day makes!!! It is bright today, but chilly. Apparently we will be back to seasonal temps next week. But I am impatient!!!!!

CJ--I did tell my Mom about the earring....many years later. LOL. She did laugh.

JuneB and Marcy--soon I shall be sharing your ride. I think we've decided on the Macan. It was a tough decision.

Shout out to the rest of the NIRDIs.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results