color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

We’re in Martinique today.

@Jimmianne St. Vincent is a relatively new cruise destination, brought about by some of the other islands being devastated. It’s very mountainous, so the roads are a bit scary, but quite pretty, and the people not too pushy.

@marcy I really hope things work out for Marty, it’s not great having so much uncertainty when it’s something so important. I don’t know what the situation is with the gym, I’m assuming it’s not something that would be a full time thing? Jeez, the more I hear about your job, the more I feel it’d be worth giving up the car not to have to deal with all that c**p. It’s not quitting when your physical and mental wellbeing are tested on an almost daily basis. Sending good thoughts things will work out well.

@PierreBear well done on the French onion soup. I think it’s the caramelising of the onions that really give you that depth of flavour (as well as colour), so I’m with you that the Instapot isn’t the best for it.

Good luck to DH on his upcoming run, I can’t even begin to contemplate that distance :shock:

I hope you get a satisfactory reply @CJ2008 and good for you for not letting this drop, your health is too important for them to treat you so cavalierly.

Have fun at the cabin @scandanavian with the snow babies, Dottie hasn’t really had much experience of snow, but she doesn’t mind the cold so would probably enjoy it. Do the pups get snow ball legs, our Sheepdog would get covered in them and had to have a warm foot bath to melt them :lol:

How are things with you today @junebug? I hesitate to tell you it’s gloriously sunny and warm, and at the moment I’m sitting in a nice shady spot by the pool:oops:

:( @missy, I’m so sorry to hear things aren’t going to plan with the reno. Just goes to show, that despite doing all your research, contractors will promise you to earth to get the job, then simply not deliver. Poor Greg having to deal with all this on top of everything else. Thank you for the email updates, I’ve received them, but the internet is not letting me download the photos, so I’ll catch up when I’m back home.

I’m assuming my bling parcel will be waiting for me when I get back, and I know you’ll have chosen something spectacular, so thank you in advance :lol::lol:

How lovely of PB to make you such a great throw, looks like you had so much fun ogling all that delicious bling. I did show Colin the 9ct heart that is some lucky lady’s valentine gift, his response was “I wonder what he’s done” Men! :mrgreen2:

Have a great day all:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m assuming my bling parcel will be waiting for me when I get back, and I know you’ll have chosen something spectacular, so thank you in advance :lol::lol:

Yes of course my dear. It is already there waiting for you upon your return...
  • :kiss:

giftboxes.gif

rainingbling.gif

Glad you are enjoying!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB and Marcy, this is for you! All this food talk reminded me! Our AGA is coming soon! With the large version + extra module, it is over 2 meters long, and will have 5 ovens. So you are all invited for dinner! Hugs!
Large version:
4-oven-aga-roomset-with-paris-background-window.jpg

Extra module:
module.jpg

Resulting monster:

aga monster.jpg

Oh and Missy, please bring Greg (as well as a few large diamonds...) when you come to visit so he can cook, LOL.

EDIT: I just realized from the pictures: It will have 6 ovens. :oops::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::oops:

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi nirdis!

Missy, so sorry there are issues with the reno. Greg has a lot on his plate and I hope he takes some time this weekend to relax and unwind. Sorry things are rough for you both right now and I do hope things start going more smoothly soon. So great that you and PB were able to get together! The blanket she made for you is really lovely. So cute that the kitties like it too. The Tiffany ring is amazing but Bea is definitely more beautiful. Thanks for the bling pics, the heart and EC are gorgeous.

Marcy, what a rough day you had. Sending hugs to you for having such a sad and difficult day. So sorry about the problems at work and the uncertainty about Marty's job. Sending lots of good thoughts things work out and I hope you can try not to stress out too much in the meantime. I know that's easier said than done. I'm glad you gave yourself a break and went home early. I hope it brought you a little comfort to get together with your father's friends. And I just assumed the gondola was enclosed lol! I might have to rethink it if it's not :P2 I've been making myself laugh by picturing myself getting on and off a tube, what a sight that would be.

PB, sending lots of support and good thoughts to your dh on his 100 mile run this weekend. I wish you all the best with your part time job, sounds like an exciting opportunity for you! Thanks for your kind words about my father, it was a long time ago but still a sad thing and your kindness is very comforting. Yikes to having to come up with my college transcripts lol! Now that's a blast from the past haha. Hopefully the college still has them on file :P2

CJ, good for you for getting the letter out and I hope something positive comes from it. There's a task I've been putting off and you've inspired me to at least get started on it today.

Austina, no worries, I'm glad one of the nirdis is enjoying some warm weather! I'm living vicariously through you lol. And woo-hoo for buying new sunglasses, fun! I hope the seas stay calm for you.

Scandi, how great you're going skiing this weekend, such a nice getaway. have a fabulous time!

Ok, better get going and do that task I just spoke of - although maybe I'll procrastinate and hang the bird feeder first - then maybe do my run for today (which I am not liking by the way) - then maybe have something to eat - ugh, I'm hopeless ha!

Have a good Thursday all!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi i love the Aga!
My chef friend said I am not allowed to have one because I don’t cook, but I think you have enough ovens for all of us!
Yay!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, that is a beauty - I wasn't familiar with the AGA so I checked it out online, very cool!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re AGA, just found out that one of my friends have one, and she loves it so much that she bought one for their cabin also. Hope I will love it as much as she does! I do love cooking, especially when we have guests. And I just LOVE that this will make having hot plates easy! But she did say that we should do a cooking class with the retailer, as it can be a bit tricky to get the hang of this baby, LOL. (Why can't she just come over and cook for us for a few weeks so I can observe.... ? LOL)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, have a nice weekend at the cabin. Thanks; today was a little better.

CJ, I appreciate your kind words. I am hoping for the best and trying not to worry about anything else. I did call the guy at corporate about the issues with that app and he said they’d look in to it and he actually called me back about 4 today saying they found the problem and it wasn’t anything I did. I am glad you got that letter sent to your radiologist.

Missy, sorry your Safari isn’t working well. I tend to use Firefox only because I can use a theme (and mine is Snoopy). Shocking, I know. Thank you for the kind thoughts and support for me. I am sure things will work out and I’m trying not to get stressed about it. Great Tiffany boxes and GIF’s from Breakfast at Tiffany’s I’ll watch for my present. Ha Ha. That sapphire necklace is amazing. I am so sorry to hear about the stress Greg is under being so busy and with issues as board president. Big hugs to both of you. I hope you do win the big money jackpot. I picked up a Mega Millions ticket yesterday. That is a big EC you got to see. Thanks for sending me the GIA certificate.

PierreBear, Marty loves French onion soup. Sorry you didn’t think the soup turned out as good as you hoped. I still have no desire to buy an instapot. I’ll wear scarfs inside to keep warm but under coats I usually only pull them out when ti’s really cold. I haven’t talked to Marty yet about his job; he seemed fine in texts today. I told him to call me tonight but I haven’t heard from him yet. I’ll be anxious to se him in person.

Thank you all for thinking of me and your kind words about my dad. I appreciate it.

I had a busy day at work today. They migrated our network so I was down for about 90 minutes from that and then had to set up new passwords on a lot of things. I didn’t have everything done with 30 minutes left to go and I decided I had done enough for the day. I am pretty happy tomorrow is Friday.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Junebug, we were posting at the same time.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia!

Merry Friday girls! We are leaving for the mountain later today, just have to do some work first. I have a lunch meeting that I need to prepare for, but after the meeting I think I’ll go home early and start packing.

PB, good luck to DH on his run! That sure is long! He is lucky to have you as support! I agree re onion soup, would probably be better to caramelise the onions first. Perhaps then the slow cooker thing?

Austina, take Dottie and come visit! We have enough snow for all the doggies to share! LOL. I’m sure she would love it, all the dogs here do. They like to play in the snow just like children. When I was younger, we had a dog that actually loved to run for it downhill and throw herself on her back to “sleigh ride” down, LOL. Looking forward to perhaps some pictures when you are back home! The trip sounds lovely!

Marcy, glad they came to their senses and realised that you didn’t ruin that app thing. Tons of dust for Marty and his job. Sounds a bit stressful even if I know it will be OK. Smart people always finds work if they have to! Hopefully you will get some more info re Marty’s job soon, so that you don’t have to freak out for too long.

Missy, that picture of Audrey made me realise how much you look like her! Oh I do envy you your cheekbones! You are way to kind re my hair by the way. I hardly look OK now, let alone without any hair, LOL. But on to more important things: How is the kitchen going? I’m sorry it is such a lot of stress for you and even more for Greg. But he will be just fine, our guys are like that I think. They always come out on top. How could they not be with us behind them??? Hehehe…

June, how did the procrastination go? I actually procrastinated work with new nails and new boots yesterday, LOL. On sale, so I saved a TON of money…!

New boots:

SR boots.jpg

Jimmianne, have you ventured out yet to buy some replacement clothes for the mystery box that didn’t work out?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Groundhog Day!!!
groundhog-day-baby-groundhog.jpg

Junie love that you are taking care of the birds and feeding them. I bet it's a pretty bird feeder too. Good luck and enjoy and I hope your run ends up being fun. Often I don't feel like starting but once the endorphins are pumping during my workout I feel energized and don't even want to stop. Have fun and enjoy the rest of your day.

Marcy glad you are feeling better. Tough anniversaries are plain challenging missing our loved ones even more acutely at certain times of the year. And the work situation is scary and the times we live in scary. Having our family and friends there for us supporting us and caring about what happens to us makes a big difference. That and some good luck and I am sure hoping you hit that mega millions lottery woohoo fingers crossed!

Pierrebear I don't remember if I ever tried French Onion Soup. I love onions (grilled) and I love soup however so I must try it. Any weekend plans?

Austina hope you are loving Martinique. Sunny warm and friendly people there too. And yay for new sunglasses. Smart cookie soaking up the sun and protecting your eyes!

Scandi we are on our way and Chef Greg is prepared. You provide the big diamonds and I will provide the chef for your new stove. LOVE that stove. It's a work of art.:love:
Enjoy your ski weekend in the mountains. Love the boots.

Jimmianne hope you're having a good Groundhog day and staying warm.

Have a wonderful Friday girls. Our wood floors are being installed today and hopefully finished next week. They have to be installed and stained and coated with polyurethane. Exciting right?
Enjoy.:wavey:

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the reminder that it is groundhog day!
The day when life emerges from the ground to take a look around, it is the countdown to lovely Spring.

P

PierreBear

Good morning and happy Friday! It sure was breezy and windy in the middle of the night. I woke up around 3 and couldn’t fall back asleep until closer to 5 hearing all that gust and movement outside. My cat apparently has no problem sleeping through everything. We were battling in our small bathroom of one sink. I have the space heater up and my cat likes to jump up and 1) drink from the faucet 2) sit right in front of the space heater to get warm…. Which prevents me from brushing my teeth, wash my face, and put on make up. I had to put him down 5 times this morning and eventually locked him out of the bathroom. This spoiled cat could never make it living outside!

Anyhow, may I ask for advice? I’m thinking about hosting a girl’s night and possibly merging 2 groups of friends over. One person suggested having a topic of discussion so there is some structure to it where we eat first and then perhaps sit by the fire and have a discussion. I was thinking since it’s Valentines day this month and my wedding anniversary next month that Love might be a good topic that everyone can relate to. It doesn’t have to romantic love but can be parental love or through friends etc. It seems to be an universal feeling but thought there people could share their love language. There are supposedly 5 ways that people best respond to love (words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch). I was thinking this would be an easy way to get to know each other either for the first time or even for the group that knows each other well. Thoughts or is this cheesy… anyone else have one of these Jefferson type dinner discussions? https://jeffersondinner.org/jefferson-dinner/

Ok that’s too much thinking for a Friday… Ya’ll have a great weekend!

@Austina – Hope Martinique is as beautiful as I’m imagining. Haha Colin’s response to the 9 CT heart was hilarious.

@Scandinavian – Wow what a unique stove. I haven’t seen something like that with individual drawers. Is that the final picture of your kitchen? If so, it is just absolutely stunning! So sleek!

Thanks for the kind words but I can’t take all the credit. He has two other pacers. One is a friend of ours in her 50s who can run much faster than me so she’s pacing DH for 12 miles earlier on. Then DH’s coworkers jumps in for 10 more miles after her. I’m the third pacer and I am scheduled to do 21 miles and perhaps by then it will be a brisk speed walk!

Oohhh nice new boots!

@junebug17 – Oohhh what type of birds do you see near your bird feeders? Do squirrels get to them more than the birds? I almost put a hummingbird feeder once but realized they were attracted to some flowers that I have in the front yard that blooms in the spring so it worked out well not having a feeder.

@marcy – I hope you and Marty have a great weekend, recapping and catching up from the week. Glad that he is appearing calm and collected with the big change so far. New passwords at work?! It always takes me a few tries when that switch happens.. hahaha so used to habits.

@missy – Cute groundhog picture. Animals and hugs will always win me over. Other than supporting DH on the run, which means waiting around until it’s my time to pace, I’ve also brought some good books to read. I was at a craft store yesterday picking up some posters to decorate for DH and also picked up some sketching pencils. Will experiment with some drawings that will pass the time!

God luck with the wood floors today! Can’t wait to see how they look and hope it matches well with the rest of the house.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK you know you're far behind, when the first message you have to respond to starts with Happy Tuesday :o::)

:D

Happy Friday NIRDIs!

Scandi I know you would not have given that lady a second thought. I have a feeling you and PB are very much alike. I love that about you guys because it helps me go a little bit against my normal tendencies. Doctor's appointment went well - he did an ultrasound that saw something different than the previous Doctor, and he recommended a procedure. But I am looking into it more before I do anything. I really did like the office and the Doctor (the guy is in his late 70s but he's brighter and more alert than half the people I know!) and he gave me some resources that are helpful. So all in all I am glad that I went and now I have to see what I want to do next. Mousey is good. So cute, so gentle, so playful. She is such a gem. I feel like there is a person or family out there missing out on this lovely girl. Thank you for asking about all these things.

I am sure your hair looks lovely. Post a chipmunk if you can. :cheeky:

missy love the cabinets. Can't wait until it all comes together. It's going to look so nice. I know how cute were those kitties. Wish I could do that to my boy sometimes so he would stop eating everything. :roll2: I am so relieved I finally got that letter out. (((Thank you))) Sorry to hear Greg is going through some stress. :blackeye: I hope everything gets resolved soon. Send him hugs too.

My box didn't have anything coming out of it. Sharon's had a necklace. Just saying. :)

The floors are exciting I think, none of this is boring!

PB OK - cool, would love to hear what you end up picking and how it goes. I think you should do the one that scares you more. :bigsmile: And I love the idea of biting into empanada and getting something totally unexpected. But of course I can only cook rice, so take all that with a grain of salt. :D

I know, those kitties are so adorable (then again, what kitty isn't. At least in my book lol)

BTW I read yesterday that LOL is like old outdated people saying. I'm getting to that age where those kind of things freak me out. Like I might be walking around sounding like an antiquated old lady. :(

PB your party sounds so interesting and so much more up my alley than the way people normally throw parties. I'll read more on the Jefferson thing, but I love the idea of people sitting around and discussing things as a way to bring two groups together. Love it. And yeah, the topic of "love" could be interesting, but maybe define it more. Like "'love that goes wrong" or "love and jealousy" or something like that. I don't know I have to think more on it but I'm thinking that might be more interesting than just love where you'll hear a lot of the things we all kind of already know.

ETA I just skimmed the Jefferson Dinner thing. I love this. I don't like to host or go to parties but this is TOTALLY something I would enjoy. The only thing I was going to say earlier - and they kind of brush on it in the instructions - is that some people may need more time than others to process and want to speak. You might even have some people who don't want to participate on every question for whatever reason. I'm thinking that everyone who agrees to go will be outspoken but still, I feel there should be some tactful/welcoming ways for those who prefer to observe more than contribute. Some introverts or shy people (no they are not the same) may feel this way. So if you can throw in reminders in there that it's OK to say as little or as much as you want, or even to not speak if they'd rather listen instead that it's OK too. Just my take. I'm always looking out for introverts and shy people. :)

june glad you liked the picture. And you outdid yourself as a furmommy getting her the bird feeder LOL

Austina thanks. :) Glad you're enjoying the cruise. And yes, I'm glad I didn't let this drop. The Doctor needs to know how the visit went, and how it's being perceived. Like I told him in the letter,
if the Ultrasound results rely at all on the technician's skill and attentiveness, then it could make a difference if what she's focusing on is to get done quickly. And if that instruction is coming from above - him, or Management, or whatever - then they need to know that patients notice.

Hi Jimmianne! :wavey:

Happy Friday girls. Hugs.

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re Jefferson dinner: I'm not sure. I'm not negative, I just don't know how a lot of the people I know would react... I do love the idea of "topics" though, but perhaps in a more unformal way? For example, when we invite a lot of people who do not know each other, I like to start dinner with me introducing everyone in a way that I know will give them something to talk about later. For example, in stead of saying that my friend is a doctor, I will say that if anyone has too much wine, I recommend also incurring trauma, because he/she is a specialist in that and is not likely to help before an actually emergency occurs. Or that perhaps we are better of with my other friend (a vet) because he/she is used to the patients not being able to talk... Or that they are not allowed to talk to friend number three about the time he/she made me "wag my tail". Or to guess which guest is pregnant.
Bad examples, but you get the idea. Will get the doc and the vet to talk about anaesthesia and jump in their chairs to get gossip on me before you can serve the first course or even blink.

So I guess it all depends on your friends. Will they enjoy talking about "love", or is it better to challenge everybody to tell their best/worst/funniest Valentines date story?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA PB I'm just realizing I never answered your question about whether this could be considered cheesy. I think that yes, some people could consider it cheesy. It's not "go with the flow" so that might make some people uncomfortable. At the same time the fact that there is some structure will make some people more comfortable. It's a different way of doing a dinner party so some people might have a rejection feeling to it. Like what Scandi said above, it depends on what your friends are like. Maybe you can ask them what they think about having a topic for discussion? And see what they say.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies from a beautiful sunny St Kitts.

We did a taxi tour this morning with a very grumpy driver. I wish tourists would understand that for a lot of the islands, there’s a limited amount of time for people to make money. Instead of being rude and dismissive, they should consider that and spread the wealth. We agreed to the price, then other people came along and haggled, so he wasn’t very happy, which impacted us all.

Anyway, the east side of the island is very nice, more prosperous, big houses and good hotels. Very windy, so I came back looking a fright! :-o

The Aga is fantastic @Scandanavian, and I know that it’s supposed to be quite different cooking on one compared to a traditional oven. Will yours also provide heat or hot water? They’re quite popular here in farmhouses.

Glad the appt went well @CJ2008 and you found a Dr you were comfortable with, that’s so important when dealing with your health. Happy to hear Mousey is such a sweet treasure.

I always think playing some kind of game is a real ice breaker @PierreBear and gets people mixing easily, maybe Pictionary or something like that. I do like your idea, but wonder if people might feel a bit restricted having a set topic of conversation. Is DH loading up on carbs for the big race?

I finally got to see the photos @missy I know the kitchen will look great when finished, but I’m so sorry it’s been such a headache.

It’s good that Marty is taking things in his stride @marcy I try not to let things worry me until I know for sure what’s happening. Doesn’t always work, but I try! Colin was made redundant 3 times, but something else, and better came along, so I’m keeping everything crossed that come what may, things will work out for you.

Hi @junebug, any plans for the weekend? Have you started training for the race?

Well, tonight we head for St Barts, our last port before heading back to Miami. We’ve been there numerous times, so probably won’t bother going ashore this time.

Have a great day, it’s nearly the weekend :appl:

:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy - I have no idea why it just dawned on me that I never replied to you earlier. So sorry did not mean to leave you out. I was doing the litter for Mousey and right in the middle it hit me isn't that strange :confused2: I think when I quoted all the messages I must have deleted yours by accident. Anyway I know you probably didn't even realize and it's no big deal but still I didn't mean to!

I'll be back later. Hope you're having a nice day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

PierreBear interesting about the Jefferson Dinner. Sounds sort of like a game night where you all partake in a single activity together. I think it depends on your friends. I can think of friends who would not care for this idea and I can think of friends who would enjoy it. If you are getting 2 groups of people together for the first time I might just let (at least the first part of the evening) happen organically and let people get to know people and chat amongst themselves freely. At least at first. When we spend time with our friends we usually have immensely interesting conversations and debates naturally. But you know your friends best so whatever you decide I am sure it will be a fun evening. I would love to attend your Jefferson night. As long as it wasn't a political debate. LOL no thanks for that. I cannot even turn on the news and now check weather on my computer just to avoid politics.

Good luck to your dh this weekend and he is lucky to have you cheering him on!

CJ hahaha noooo your box had many goodies in it...diamonds and sapphires and emeralds. Look more closely. There is a secret compartment!

catinbox.gif

Tiffanyboxesraining.gif

Have a lovely weekend CJ and thanks for all your caring support and good thoughts. Sending buckets of good thoughts and hugs your and Mousey's way too. I appreciate your friendship so much. (((Hugs))).

Austina glad you are loving St Kitts but boo to those haggling tourists. I'm sorry they managed to make your driver grumpy affecting your tour. I am with you and we never haggle or nickel and dime people who are working for us. Not smart and not right. But we are sure getting plenty of that from you know who. Boo to them too. Hope your sailing to St Barts is smooth and that you enjoy the final port. Miami here you come!

Marcy hope your Friday went well and that you are feeling better. Thinking of you. It's a cold weekend here brrrrrrrr. Hope you are warm and comfy. Do you watch the Superbowl?

Junie hope your errands went well and that you and your dh are enjoying a relaxing and warm weekend. This cold is brutal today and storms are coming here. Hope you have fun no matter what you have planned and enjoy!

Scandi enjoy skiing in the mountains this weekend and hope your drive up there early this AM was super easy and that you are on the slopes having fun as I write this.

Sharon what is happening by you? Enjoying the winter and your dazzling new boots I hope. Stay warm and enjoy. Just a bit over a month of supposed winter weather left. Fingers crossed it will be a beautiful Spring!

Reno update for those of you interested...So yesterday 3 floor guys showed up at the beach house at about 2PM (we were concerned as they were starting so late in the day) but finished installing the wood floors by about 6PM and starting Tuesday we have another set of people coming in to stain the floors. Monday Greg is meeting with the template guy at the beach house. Things are a bit delayed because the template people rescheduled from last Wed and it takes 10 days or so to fabricate the countertops and island so we might not get it installed the week of the 12th as originally planned but we will see. After the counters are installed we have scheduled backsplash installation which you might remember involves 3 of the kitchen walls. Then final plumbing and final electrical and appliance installation. So if all goes according to plan we will be finished end of February. But we also need the carpenter back to help Greg with the Dutch door and get new locks etc. The time frame is loose as it is weather dependent and also dependent on other people coming when they say they are and dependent on the marble quarry and how efficient they are with their fabrication of our countertops and island.

I have a second opinion appointment with a new derm (who also takes no insurance unfortunately) this afternoon. I am just doing my due diligence and don't really expect to find any magic answers with her but one can hope and I am doing what I can to find relief. We might visit the rescues if my appointment doesn't run late this afternoon. Tomorrow we are seeing Hello Dolly with Bernadette Peters so very excited about that. I hear she is amazing in the role. I love Broadway. The energy and excitement with a good show is just wonderful.

Have a good Saturday girls and (((hugs))).:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good thoughts to you Missy, hopefully the derm can shed some light on your skin issues.

Be back later!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon NIRDI’s.

Missy I enjoyed watching the raining diamonds again and raining Tiffany boxes. They have a Tiffany teddy bear. I pointed it out to Marty.

Scandi. I hope you have a fun time in the mountains this weekend. I am trying not to freak out about Marty’s job situation; he doesn’t know anything more than what I read in the news. I love your new boots. Don’t stress about your hair; it grows fast. I like your idea for sharing best / worst Valentine’s day stories.

Missy, thank you. I think the end of January is the hardest for me; both my parent’s birthdays are in November, then there is the holidays wrapped up in January when my father died and it’s that last portion of the emotional bump that seems to be the more difficult. They are certainly coming along on your kitchen reno. Oh no to having a cold weekend. Stay warm. I think they are coming along really well on your reno and it is looking good. I hope your appointment went well. Hello Dolly with Bernadette Peters should be awesome.

Jimmianne, is it warming up there? I don’t believe spring will arrive here for about 4 more months but at least it is still light driving home from work.

PierreBear, we are having the same problem here with strong winds. I saw earlier they recorded a gust of 68 at our airport which is about 2 miles from our house. Don’t you hate being woke up by noises? Too funny the cat wants to hog the space heater. It’s cold, mom! Planning a girls night sounds fun but I don’t have ideas for topics or what to do. As other NIRDI’s have said whether following that plan works depends on your friends. I’d be bad at something like that. I think of having a craft night but then never do. I don’t mind changing passwords but I hate when they squawk you’ve used it in the last 80 times or something; then I have to think of one I haven’t used before. I’ll go change everything at the same time and hope I can remember it. Also if I think about it too much it goes right out of my head.

CJ, I am glad you liked the other doctor. I often find I like a more seasoned doctor; they seem to take more time with you and know all sorts of tricks. They may not be totally up to date on new fangled ways but I have never had a complaint. So if LOL is outdated what do we use? LMAO? Ha ha you thought of me changing the kitty litter. I do find if amusing and no I’m not thinking anything other than that’s funny.

Austina, sorry some other tourists haggled the price and made for a grumpy taxi driver. Too funny you are had win too; it’s like everyone is having a windy day. I also try not to worry about things until I have to deal with them but like you said that’s not always easy. Glad to hear Colin always found something better.

Junebug, I just read a Car and Drive review that picked the Macan as the best compact SUV again for this year. Your delivery date is getting closer. Waiting for the cargo ship to get here seems like it takes a long time. Your should get dropped off at the first port it stops at though.

Other than wind it looks nice and sunny outside. After hearing the wind though I decided my errands can wait until another day. I was contemplating going to check out a jewelry store but staying home saved me money there. Some mom and pop jewelry store has a big sale on Super Bowl weekend so I always go look to see if I can score something cheap. I would have looked at gold bracelets and hoop earrings but decided I’d rather not venture out.

Marty picked up groceries. We are having company for supper. Marty is making some kind of stir fry. That’s not my cup of tea but I’ll eat it. It’s beef, veggies and tomatoes. I’ll just drink more that way.
Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy those GIF's of raining diamonds and Tiffany are wonderful--unfortunately I am old enough to recall that song "its raining men hallelujah"...of course, like diamonds and Tiffany, that could never be true! hahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Sunday!

Junie thank you so much. Saw the new derm yesterday and will share my thoughts below.What do you have planned for today? Do you and your dh watch the Super Bowl?

Marcy thanks so much. Haha Tiffany teddy bear I will have to check that out. How was supper last night with your company? I like stir fry but without meat. Stir fry veggies are delish. It was windy here yesterday too. Today warmer but raining. Hope you had fun yesterday and enjoy the Super Bowl today. Are you going to a Super Bowl party? I might have missed what you said you are doing. Have fun no matter if you are enjoying it at home or at someone else's home.

Sharon, haha I am old enough to remember "It's Raining Men" too. I'm with you and would be happy for it to be raining either or both. Truth be told I prefer raining diamonds however if I had to pick just one...:whistle::Up_to_something::lol:
Do you watch the Super Bowl? Yanno I have never ever watched it. Never. I occasionally watch the puppy/kitty bowl but that has been years since I watched. Is that on still?

I visited the new derm yesterday and I am not sure what I think yet. She was a bit scattered and it took her a long time to write up my plan and prescribe the meds and she didn't e prescribe (which is a requirement in NY and has been for over 2 years now I believe!) but she called it in though first she gave me a written Rx and I asked her could she e prescribe it and she said she would call it in instead. Ummm you are supposed to e prescribe so that was a bit confusing that she doesn't do that.

Also she was very inefficient and slow. It took her over 30 minutes to write up the plan and blood test order. She doesn't do blood work in her office. She thinks I might have an autoimmune thyroid condition though all of David's blood tests didn't show that he left something out according to her and she wrote up an order for that specific blood test which I am going to get next week at a lab not too far away from me. Inconvenient that she doesn't do blood work in her office.

Not saying she doesn't know what she is doing but I am not sure as of now and time will tell if her diagnosis is correct. Her diagnoses are (most likely) Seb Derm of my eyebrow with alopecia of the eyebrow and Seb Derm of my ears too with an autoimmune component. She didn't find any Seb Derm in my scalp but I DO have it. I shampooed right before my visit (not purposefully and it just worked out that way so not a true indication of my scalp seb derm as I know I have that and use shampoo just for that) so that obviously masked the fact that I do have Seb Derm of my scalp.

What I find interesting and distressing at the same time is David who always checks my face and ears and scalp never once mentioned my ears. And he also didn't think it was Seb Derm re my eyebrows. But my ears are itchy often and they were red and irritated-she showed Greg so that does make sense. It's frustrating how much time and energy and money I have spent on skin issues that never have any real relief let alone cure but I know I would be much worse if I didn't do what I could and that I do probably get some relief albeit not much with proper treatment. I am not sure we have reached the correct treatment yet but I have not given up.

The bad news is nothing seems to work for my Seb Derm and I have lost almost all my left eyebrow hair. Even though David diagnosed eczema of my eyebrow vs Seb Derm the treatment he prescribed works for Seb Derm as well and it didn't do a thing for my eyebrow. He prescribed Protopic and I was on it for 4 weeks and discontinued it with his OK. It irritated me and I don't like using any immunosuppressive med if not necessary.

She prescribed a few different meds but my pharmacy doesn't have them in stock so has ordered them and will get them in next week and I will try them. So tired of this itching and discomfort and the hair loss is almost secondary to my discomfort.

The whole afternoon was spent waiting in her office so we didn't get to visit the rescues and after the appointment we just went back home and fed the kitties and then made dinner. LOL what an exciting life we lead. :lol:

Today we are headed to see Hello Dolly and very much looking forward to it. Supposed to go to one of our favorite french restaurants afterward but I might not be up for it. We will see how the day progresses. I didn't sleep well and it is supposed to be very nasty weather out worsening as the day and evening progress so I might just want to head home after the show. Read above paragraph about my exciting life.:lol:

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and enjoy being with your loved ones and stay comfy cozy. (((Hugs))).:wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi NIRDIs!!!

Just wanted to send everyone a big hug and love and waveys. I have not been around here forever but maybe I will start again. How I will get to fit in now after so long, I have no idea. Sometimes I followed the thread and of course I have kept in touch with Missy but I really love this thread and ever extending group of us girls here.

Now that it is sort of winter blues around here, nothing but PS and NIRDIs help lol. I hate winter but I love being inside reading PS. I also got sick with the darn flu so that is the right occasion to read even more PS and join in the fun.

The other thing that winter makes me do is want to travel all the time, which I do like twice a month. Sadly that does not replace my uncontrollable urge to want to get new bling. Arrgh. What to do. Now I came up with the perfect new idea of what I want but first I will have to sell something. I can tell you I am never stable in my bling and diamond love affairs.

Missy I too think that there must be an autoimmune component to your problem. I too have had weird skin problems and I have an autoimmune tendency, it is hereditary. Also, have you thought of khm maybe something fungal like ringworm? I am only asking because I had it for years when rescuing kitties and it can be very easy to contract and cause these symptoms. Might be worth asking for a test. Or just trying an antifungal ointment on the spot. I too have experienced weird hair losses in the past.

I think that just because your new doctor is slow with paperwork, it does not mean that she is not excellent otherwise. There is always a good chance that she is and she already came up with new info.

Hi Marcy, Junie, Jimmianne! Missed you all, what have you girls been up to?

Hope everyone has a nice, cozy, warm Sunday inside.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sunstorm!!! So glad you came back and hope you will stay. We have missed you !!!
Aww I hope you feel better soon. Winter is super challenging especially if you get the flu. :(sad

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Seborrheic dermatitis is a fungus/yeast and she has prescribed econazole for me to apply to eyebrow and ears. Hopefully the pharmacy will deliver it next week. But from my research ketoconazole is a better treatment for Malassezia (if that is indeed part of what I have) and I called her about it and she insisted no this is better. Lol ok well I guess the scientific journals don’t know how to interpret the medical controlled studies. David has prescribed Protopic (tacrilomus) for what he thought was eczema of the eyebrow. Protopic also can be prescribed for Seb Derm. It didn’t do a thing re the inflammation and irritation and itching and hair loss. Hoping the econazole will help.

I am sorry you deal with weird skin issues and autoimmune conditions too. Hoping atm you are clear and have happy skin.

I hear you on wanting new bling Always. I sure do. Lolol. As NIRDIs I’m always happy to share with fellow NIRDIs. Just saying. And if you get the urge to travel all the way to nyc I’m happily waiting for you. :halo::wavey:

Sending healing vibes across the miles to you. And big Hugs.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy, you know how much I want to come and visit you? I am seriously thinking about it for this year. I just told a friend of mine about you, the other girls, these amazing GTGs and how much I have been wanting to meet you. I really do. I would also love to meet the other girls and so many PSers. My friend just noticed that I was on PS but talking about stuff that had nothing to do with my work and was like what??? On PS you talk about other stuff? I was like sure. It is the greatest group of people and I really feel like I have friends here. She was surprised. Then I told her I have been wanting to come out and see you Missy. This friend of mine works with me sometimes and lived in NYC for twenty years. she worked for a jeweler there. I told her I have actually never been to NYC even though I lived in the US for 9 years. But to me it is not so much about the city, it is about the people. I am not touristic anyhow or rather I am shopping touristic and blingaholic. :o:bigsmile:

So really we should work on some dates. ;))

Aha. I see Missy. I think you are on the right track then. I suspected fungal because that is what did similar stuff to me. I even lost a patch of hair on my scalp. I used ketokonazole at the time but it took a long time for it to work. Also I heard that there is some resistance to it, so perhaps your derm is right. It is certainly worth a try. I do believe that you are now getting to the root of the problem. Yikes this has been going on forever. I really hope you recover very fast! Sending you healing vibes.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Beautiful day here, so warm and the sea is calm. We didn’t bother getting off the ship yesterday in St Barts as we’ve been many times before.

They’ll be showing the Super Bowl on the ship later, we WON’T be going to watch, the only big game Colin is interested in today was the Italy vs England rugby match, and he’s happy now because they won:D

Uggghhhh so sorry you’re having so many skin issue @missy. Even though you’re sceptical, maybe the new treatment will work and bring about some relief. You can only try and see what happens. Have fun at Hello Dolly, it’s a great musical, and Bernadette Peters is talented performer.

Sorry you’re feeling blue @marcy I hope you have a fun evening with your guests, and it’s a win win if you don’t have to cook, I’m sure it’ll be delicious:lickout:

Hi @CJ2008 @junebug17 @canuk-gal and @Sunstorm hope you’re all having a great weekend

:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy I'm glad they let you know that it wasn't anything you had done with the app.

I'm glad January is over and hope that you're able to feel a little less sad.

Supposedly haha is what's "in" or using GIFs (which I hate which *surely* must mean I'm antiquated, old, and boring LOL) <----- on purpose :D

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel about this Doctor, that he brought up some things and gave me some resources that opened up some new avenues.

How was the stir fry?

austina you're so right that it's important to have a Doctor you trust. We'll see if this Dr. ends up being trustworthy. At the very least he did open my eyes to some other things.

How annoying that the people that came along haggled down the price to the point the taxi driver was no longer happy and affected the fun of the tour. :( and how sad that he felt that he had no other option but to take their price.

Have fun for the rest of the tour.

missy yay I love my box! Thank you! And the secret compartment is so awesome! Love it. <3

I am here for you any time.

Glad you went to see someone else, and that this Dr. may have opened up some new treatments for you. I think just like my situation sometimes going to a different Doctor just kind rounds things off. Fresh set of eyes.

Hope you enjoy Hello Dolly.

Hi June hope you're having a nice weekend. Forgot to ask you - did you ever get that task started or finished?

Hi Sunstorm! :wavey:

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hello NIRDIs.:wavey:

I just wanted to say Austina--that haggling experience was unfortunate (gosh people can be selfish)---but I hope you were able to make up the difference with a tip.

Thawing out here--or at least trying. Maybe I'll watch the superb owl or parts of it. I like the commercials and half time show.

My Mom is having a total knee replacement tomorrow and I am a bit worried. She needs the work done but I know her recovery will be painful.sad :((

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We did @canuk-gal hope everything goes well with your Mum’s op tomorrow and she has a smooth and speedy recovery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results