color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, Happy Hanukkah!

So glad you and Greg had left the area in time and you’re both ok, such a scary thing and I’m sorry it brought back bad memories for you. I hadn’t checked the news yesterday so didn’t know about it until late last night. :oops: So eerie that you had a premonition about it.

Very glad you were able to have your toe taken care of and I hope it heals up quickly. Glad your eye doctor appointment went well too. Your new leather jacket looks great, love it on you! Such a cute pic of the kitties! They look like they’re ready to celebrate, adorable :love: Great pics of the sky and Greg too.

Marcy, glad you had a nice time at the company party. We ended up getting only a few inches so it wasn’t too bad. Your tree is beautiful! Glad to hear you’re making progress on the reports. I’m really sorry about your friend, so very sad.

Congrats on finishing your Christmas poem, your joke made me lol!

Jimmianne, I’m glad your sweet little pooch is feeling better. Oh wow, the new band is beautiful! :love: Such a pretty design and the yellow gold is yummy. It looks perfect with your other bands. Love your snake ring too, it’s very cool and different. :clap:

PB, your green chili sounds delicious. It’s great you finished wrapping all your gifts, always a good feeling to be done with that. Your surprise for dh’s birthday sounds like a lot of fun, he’ll really enjoy it. Your plans for NYE sound great, will be fun to try a new restaurant. I still have a few more Christmas gifts to get but I think I’m almost done.

Austina, glad to hear Dottie is feeling better. The Snoopy snow sculpture is adorable! How wonderful that you’re going on a cruise in January, so great to have something to look forward to.

Scandi, I’m so sorry you’re sick! :(2 Take care of yourself and feel better soon. Sending healing vibes and hugs. The pics of your trip are beautiful, gorgeous place, and you look amazing! Your bathing suit is so cute.

Springerspaniel, great news about your party, so glad it was a success. Stay safe and warm in all that snow. Hope you had a good time snowshoeing.

Nothing much to report here - I feel like I’ve been busy but I don’t have much to show for it lol. Cleaning some things I’ve neglected and never feel like cleaning - things like the kitchen light fixtures and refrigerator. It’s not fun ha!

Take care!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I will catch up tomorrow but wanted to say "OUCH" to you Missy for your toe. That sounds so painful. I hope it is feeling better tomorrow.

I worked on my Christmas cards tonight. I only have to put stamps on them and write the card for my in-laws. Woo hoo! I love self stick envelopes.

Laters. :wavey:
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy Hanukkah @missy from 2 of Dottie’s friends :mrgreen2:
F817CD7C-47B2-40F7-8BFB-EA9A0D3EFB82.jpeg

I’m so relieved that you weren’t caught up in the incident, I was worried as I remembered you we’re off to your eye exams.

I hope your trip to the podiatrist keeps you infection free, hope you’re not feeling too sore today.

Thanks all for the good wishes, Dottie is fine now, although I doubt the silly thing will stop drinking sea water.

Glad your party went well @springerspaniel , oooh, I wonder if the Spin you saw belongs to one of the FB groups? Have fun with the pupsters.

Hope your appraisals are all done and dusted now @marcy.

Cleaning never seems to bring much satisfaction @junebug17 because you know it’s going to get messed up again soon, necessary evil though.

Killer bod @Scandinavian , where we’re you? Sorry you’re feeling yuk, hope you feel better soon.

Hi @PierreBear hope the exam went well.

Thanks @azstonie Dottie is fine, hope the Westies are doing well.

Lovely bday gift @Jimmianne

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, I was due to go out to lunch with my former work colleagues but I’ve woken up full of cold, so cancelled. I’ll keep my germs at home, not feeling too bad, but I’ll dose up and hopefully it’ll go quickly.

:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, those pups are a hoot!
I hope you feel 100% very soon.

Thanks, June. I hope you are getting some [temporary] satifaction from cleaning. Think of it as therapy haha...and remember, you are an inspiration for doing it, and that counts for a LOT.

Missy, I am so glad your toe event is over and you can start to heal. I hate that you were even in the same town as the bomb. You are much loved and we want you to feel safe.

Scandi, you are our supermodel. Love that suit and it’s perfect for you!
Your athleticism serves you well : ) You are in great shape!

SpingerSpaniel, another athlete in the family...I can only imagine how much exercise it is to showshoe. How lovely to get out with the dogs. Have fun!

I have a skype French lesson today and am trying to figure out how to gracefully cancel. It’s like an hour on a tightrope...all in French and me grasping at understanding. When the hour is up I collapse and my head feels twice its size. She said it is like making mayonnaise...suddenly it will come together. HA.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie thank you and glad you are staying inside warm and cozy. Good for you for cleaning out things and undertaking unpleasant household tasks. I know you have to feel good when you accomplish these tasks.

Springerspaniel, thank you. I am so pleased for you that your Christmas party was a success. Sounds like fun. I love snowshoeing and hope you and the dogs had a blast yesterday! Sadly my outdoor snow activity days are probably over since my circulation issues have become severe. I have become so much more cold intolerant but I will live vicariously through you girls who still enjoy winter activities. Snow shoeing is a great activity.

Marcy thank you sweetie I appreciate your good wishes. Ouch is right. I have yet to dare to remove the bandage on it this AM as I am afraid to look. I soaked it last night as directed by the doctor and applied topical antibiotic and bandaid and will look at it later. Not ready yet. :/

Austina I LOVE your Hanukkah doggie pic, thank you! Made me smile lol how adorable they look. Is Dottie feeling all better I hope? Tell her to stay away from that nasty sea water please. And I am sending you buckets of healing vibes and hope you recover from your cold virus very soon and are feeling all better!

Jimmianne bonjour and enjoy your French Skype lesson. How is your sweet pup doing today?

So it looks like we will be without a laundry room in our Brooklyn apartment for at least a few months arghhh. The Managing Agent and attorney cannot find the C of O for our building's laundry room and the gas company cannot turn on the gas till they do. Cannot make this stuff up.

Have a lovely morning ladies and see you all later.
:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hi Ladies! The exam went well. Some unexpected questions but nothing I couldn’t just do a memory dump and hope that I at least got some partial points. Sometimes paragraph questions are still better than a simple true/false when you get a 50/50 chance. I’m always one of the last ones to finish the exam and this one was not different but my instructor wanted to tell me in private that one of the students in our class will be earning a scholarship. The student doesn’t know yet though and it’s hard to hold it in so I thought I would at least share with ya’ll!! DH and I donate back to the school and it’s really wonderful to see a very hard working student earn something so well deserved. This student is so talented and I can completely imagine eating at a fancy restaurant with him working as the pastry chef there. He is so kind and a wonderful partner to work with and is in many ways, he was another instructor to me in class. Anyhow, thanks for letting me share! Hope everyone is doing well!

@CJ2008 – I saw you posted in another thread but I’m really excited about your watch gift to your DH!!! Very neat!!!

@ missy – Ouch ouch ouch!! You are a tough lady, Missy to deal with a very big with a big needle and looking at blood. Hope it feels better soon and recovers quickly. Do you have to wear a boot or anything for the time being?

@springerspaniel – Glad the annual office party went well. Sounds like ya’ll had quite the spread of food. Yum! Any pictures?

@junebug17 – Wow good job on cleaning the refrigerator. I struggle with keeping that bad boy clean. Taking all the food out, wiping the shelves away but then it still looks dirty with the glass that shows the lint.

@Austina – Oh my goodness!!! Adorable!!!! Hello pups! I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well and had to cancel on lunch plans. May you return to full health soon and get to catch up with your friends in the near future!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pierre, it's so nice that you are so thrilled for that student. That is awesome. Glad your exam went well.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm about my DH's watch. I was so happy to be able to give it to him.

Hi everyone! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Hannukak yesterday.

Jimmianne, I am glad your little guy is doing better. I may be donig Christmasy things but I am sure not in the Christmas mood this year. I am normally more excited about Christmas. That is probably why writing my annual poem was more of a chore than normal. Great bands; they look look good on you. Sorry your Skype French lesson is stressful.

Missy, again I say OUCH to your toe. Love the picture of Greg right by your side during the entire ordeal. I am so glad you and Greg (an no one else) was hurt in that attack yesterday. I was worried about you guys when I heard about it. I feel bad because I was going to text you when I heard about it then got a call at work and just didn’t do it. Sorry! I didn’t realize your office was so close to the towers. I can see why the pipebomb would bring back those very vivid memories. Very eerie you had a strange feeling about something happening. I’ve been watching Friends at work and always kind of skip a beat when they show the twin towers in that show. Glad to hear your retinal exams went well. Oh no to being without a laundry room for several months. That will be a pain. More trips to the beach house? But ugh to hauling laundry there and back.

Scandi, I hope you are feeling better now. Great pictures from your trip. I was totally going to ask you if you got a new face since you didn’t have the chipmonk.

PierreBear, when is the next batch of s’mores going to be ready? I love those things. Sounds like a great thing to do with a friend. I hope the photos show up in time to take to your grandma. I am not done Christmas shopping. I need gift cards for my employees, something for you SIL, a game for some friends and more stuff for Marty. I am usually done by now. Woo hoo for your last day of class today and doing well on your exam. I did miss fresh cakes after I was finished with cake decorating classes. That is very cool about one of the students in your class getting a scholarship; how exciting. Your games sound fun. Settlers of Catan requires more concentration than I am willing to put in to a game. We play Scrabble, hearts, cribbage or Cards Against Humanity if there is a crowd. Perkins is a chain maybe like a Village Inn?

CJ, my hair is pretty messed up in the morning too. We had a lady come to an astronomy meeting once that must have come to the meeting after taking a nap because the hair on the back of her head was standing up or out straight in every direction. She comes with a guy all the time (I have no idea if they are friends, relatives, a couple or what) but when she came back from the bathroom I heard her giving that guy heck for not telling her that her hair was such a mess. I write a poem at Christmas that I send in my Christmas cards that is my form letter. Your DH will love his watch.

Hi Kristie.

SpringerSpaniel, you really got me laughing over cutting the cheese. Yes, I am easily amused. Glad to hear the party went well even though it was snowy.

Junebug, your snow is probably gone by now. It’s been amazingly dry here so far; I know mother nature will catch up with us though. That’s great you are almost done Christmas shopping. I might go to Barnes and Noble tomorrow night after work. I need to find a family rated game for some friends of ours; they have kids. It’s a good feeling to clean those things that don’t make it in normal cleaning. I noticed I need to wash out our produce drawers.

Austina, Dottie’s friends are lovely. I am glad to hear Dottie is feeling fine now. I hope your cold is better.

I ate supper at the mall tonight and looked around for a while. Our local hospice does a fund raiser at Christmas time where you donate ($1 or more) and you can write a message on a white dove ornament to put on their tree. I am on their mailing list for donations so I send in my ornament but I wanted to find it on the tree tonight. The lady working helped me find it and we visited for a while. Our local hospice is a very nice place which is amazing for a small town.

So 4 of my PA’s have been approved through my boss and I can’t finish the last one until next week. That lady has been out sick for 2 weeks and is expected to return on Monday. I’ll be glad to get those done and then I will have fun in March or April presenting them to my team. They will all be shocked again they didn’t get great reviews.

Okay, off to put stamps on my cards and write a note to my in-laws.

Take care,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's snowing!

Marcy woohoo for being almost finished with your appraisals and for getting the seal of approval from your boss. That is nice that you give back to your local hospice. I get choked up when I see the Friends beginning too with the Towers. Yes I was 2 blocks away. Surreal. It will be an inconvenience without a laundry room and in winter no less. But we will make the best of it. The next 6 months are going to be more stressful than usual with Greg teaching and our kitchen reno going on and it being winter and cold and dark and well hurry up Spring! My hair is always a huge mess these days. With the cold dry air it is so flyaway and dead looking that I just give up. LOL. Good luck with mailing all your cards.

Pierrebear congratulations on finishing your semester and I am sure you did wonderfully. Yay for your classmate/colleague getting a well deserved scholarship. Always so nice to see people who work hard receive the benefits of that hard work. No boot necessary. Thank goodness. When does your next cooking class semester start?

CJ love the watch you bought for your dh! Do you know what he is getting for you for the holidays? How's mousey doing? I love that you might try going vegetarian or vegan. Good for you!

We are off to see my sister in a couple of hours despite the icy roads...the kitties all have veterinarian check ups today. We sure picked a good day lol. I feel like rescheduling but I know the kitties are due for their annual check ups. Will take most of the day with the trip to Long Island and back and with slippery roads. Have a good day girls!:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, don't feel badly about not being in the spirit. I often feel that way, but then at some point the magic happens every single year <3
The lesson was depressing...all about Christmas. She asked:
Do you have a tree? Non
Do you go to a party? Non
Do you have exterior lights? Non
Dinner with friends? Non
Etc etc. at the end I felt like a total dud
I wanted to scream ....but I got myself an asscher!!!! So merry christmas to me!!! Lol
It made me realize how isolated I let myself get this year.
Pretty happy until someone points out that my Christmas is sadly lacking compared to other years.
Not even a Snoopy ornament .blah.
SO I predict we will All find the holiday spirit at some point.
Wine anyone? :dance:

Safe travels today, Missy. Puff sends his love and wishes he could go for a car ride with all the kitties.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, safe travels today! And sending good thoughts that all the kitties do well on their check-up. Oh no to the laundry room being out of commission for so long, talk about an inconvenience. You and Greg have a lot on your plates in the upcoming months but your nirdis are here to see you through it! I hope your toe is feeling ok and healing up well.

Marcy, it’s great you’re almost done with your appraisals, will be nice to have that over with. Good job getting your cards done too. Very generous of you to donate to your local hospice, it’s a great cause. I’m not really in the Christmas spirit either - no special reason, just not feeling that excited about it this year.

Austina, that pic is adorable! Sorry about waking up with a cold and I do hope you feel better soon. Yes, I agree, cleaning is a never-ending chore. And mind-numbing. Thank goodness for wireless headphones, at least I can listen to music while I vacuum!

Jimmianne, hope your French lesson went ok - I can see how learning a language could be really frustrating and I admire you for hanging in there.

CJ, love the watch you bought for dh and it is so sweet that you insisted he get it. Love that, very romantic and loving of you :love:

PB, congrats on being done with your exam! I’m sure it feels great to be finished and I’m willing to bet you did well. Wonderful news about the scholarship! I’m happy for your classmate too and it sounds very well-deserved.

Had just enough snow here to make it a pain to go out lol - I want to run a few errands today so hopefully it will melt by the time I’m ready to venture out. DD and her boyfriend are coming tomorrow and staying overnight because they’re going to a wedding in Philadelphia on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

ETA - Jimmianne, just saw your post - eh, don’t worry about it! As you said, it’s ok not to feel very merry and eventually we’ll all get a little Christmas spirit. Honestly, if it was up to me I wouldn’t do much for the holidays, my efforts are for my family’s benefit. And yes, break out the wine, cheers lol!

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Hello friends! Confession to make. I ate some almond toffee treats this morning. Well, at least I ate breakfast first. Man, it’s so hard this time of year! It was delicious though. Anyhow, excited that I’ll see DH tonight when he comes back from traveling. Signing off for today so have a good one!

@marcy – Smores are ready anytime. Come on over! We have an over-abundance of marshmellows, graham crackers, and chocolates since people keep bringing it over as well. Hershey bars do actually expire where the chocolate blooms and becomes white. Ooppsss… just saw this the other day when we opened a really old bar. Tastes ok but not as good as before so I definitely need to use it up soon!

Haha thanks for describing Perkins with another reference but I haven’t heard of Village Inn either.

Good luck shopping for Marty and the rest of the people on your list. So kind of you to get something for your employees!

@missy – I get a good break from school and it doesn’t start until mid January. Whew… but I guess I better practice what I learned. I heard santa is getting me an ice cream maker for Christmas. : )

@CJ2008 – Hello! I missed seeing it in your thread until Missy mentioned that you might try going vegetarian or vegan. Hope it goes well and am excited for you! I’m on a similar venture myself. Baby steps where it’s not fully eliminated from our diets as when we eat out we make exceptions and when other people serve food. However, I essentially stopped buying meat at the grocery store. The exception we make is when we host parties then we usually smoke up a big brisket/pork butt and anything left over we freeze it. I take that meat and use it in soups/stews and really flavors everything but doesn’t have high quantities of meat. I know I can be more dedicated but it’s been still an impactful change for us and we have been enjoying it.

Side story, I went to a friend’s house yesterday who is vegan to catch up and she wanted to practice teaching yoga on me (she is getting certified). She served up roasted squashes, Brussel sprouts, veggie and hummus dish, and grape leaves (tried that for the first time from Trader Joes). It was nice to see how a vegan usually eats for dinner and I was really impressed with the meal. Delicious and healthy. I felt satisfied and full. Anything just wanted to share in case you were curious!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey girls we are back. Thanks Junie, Jimmianne and PB!

Easier trip than anticipated. Poor kitties were super stressed though. So far they’re ok just waiting for blood results for Tommy as he has some tooth decay and needs dental work but have to make sure his blood work is good before my sister does dental work on him.

Little Francesca was so scared (well they all were) and I never saw her drool so much. Apparently drooling can be a sign of terror. Poor sweetie. I’ll share some pics but it might be upsetting. Know she is A OK now and happy to be home.

Didn’t get a photo of Bobby sorry. It was a bit much handling 4kitties and after the long car trip. Just trying to keep them all as calm as possible.

Poor Francesca. HRH is recovering nicely no worries.
86D9ACA0-C0B6-4905-8933-C2C5396C69F9.jpeg

Sir Fred. He was such a good boy today.
E46BB371-99B1-413A-ACC3-43417BA2B4C2.jpeg

I inadvertently got a pic of my sister’s Tiffany ER. I can bet last time she cleaned it was 2016. Ha she’s not into bling at all. Her DH went to Tiffany (before and got her the best ring he could afford. She lloves it and I love that she’s happy.
Tommy Sweet Tommy who needs dental work
83FF872F-4818-45A9-8AA3-CE8D9125A62B.jpeg

The sun came out here. And the snow is still pretty And brooklynites are hardy souls. Look at this guy cycling in the snow and subfreezing temps. Impressive no?

BEB80575-D65F-4509-B59E-5C0393FF414F.jpeg

029EC779-F5AB-424E-800D-FF5804C942BE.jpeg

4E0A5F77-4A71-404E-B764-7AD0BE4C0FFA.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a nice afternoon.:appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, poor Francesca! All the kitties look so sweet.:love: Poor little things, they don’t know it’s all for their own good! I know they had a rough day but now that they’re back home I’m sure they’re feeling much better - Give them all a pet and a hug from me Missy!

Pretty pics of the city and the trees! And nice accidental shot of the bling! Your sister’s ring is really beautiful.

Sharon, hubba hubba to that ring!!! Whoa, 11 carats, now that’s a rock!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi

Missy--I've found your new ring. Size 4.25--but no problem! :bigsmile:

https://www.beladora.com/store/5113...t_diamond_ring_11_08_carat_k_vs_1_in_platinum

cheers--Sharon

THUD! :love::love::love:
Yes please! Hubba bubba!:love:

Sharon, you get me.:kiss:

For that ring I would have finger surgery and make my ring finger a 4.25. No matter what I have to do. :lol:

Thank you sweet Junie! I hugged and kissed the kitties for you and told them it's from their auntie Junie. They send their purrs and love back to you.:halo: And (((HUGS))) back to Zoe from me and my furry crew. Meooooow.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Poor kitties--stress is no good. Soon they'll be right as rain given their Aunts good care.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, it was snowing here today too. You will have a bit more things going on in the next few months but I hope you don’t get too stressed over it. We are here to help. Darn that your hair gets flyaway this time of year; mine is always bad when I pull off one of my knit hats. Pretty funny. I did get my cards in the mail this morning and didn’t hit any curbs going through that treacherous drive through at the post office. I hope the roads weren’t too bad on the way to see your sister. They were icy here too. Sorry to hear the kitties were so stressed; I am sure they were glad to get home. I hate to hear Tommy needs dental work. Great pictures of the snow.

Jimmianne, that’s good to know your Christmas spirit shows up every year. I hope mine shows up soon. Sorry your lesson was depressing but your gorgeous Asscher can outshine any Christmas light or ornament. I say that counts for a lot. I’ll have some wine with you.

Junebug, some years that Christmas spirit is just elusive. Is DD and DS going to be home for Christmas? Sorry to hear you had to venture out in the snow; I am dreading the spring storms here if Marty is going to be gone. Of course if he isn’t traveling then it may not be a good thing.

PierreBear, almond toffee treats do sound tasty. So far goodies haven’t appeared at work yet; they’ll probably be showing up next week though. It’s good to have a supply of ingredients to make s’mores. You never know when they might come in handy. That is too funny about the Village Inn. Let me try one more then I’ll give up - like a Cracker Barrel but probably not as good. (not that CB are high end cuisine.) Enjoy your time off from school and woo hoo that your DH got home today.

Sharon, great ring for Missy. Gorgeous diamond.

It was cold, snowy and icy here today. I had to wash clothes tonight because all my thermal tops were dirty. I’ve been wearing them every day to work because it’s so cold there. I may be digging out the matching long johns too.

I got one of the boxes from Verizon to trade in my phone but the box for Marty’s hasn’t even shipped yet. I wonder if they only process one at a time? Strange.

Take care.
Marcy

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh poor sweet kitties but so glad they saw the vet for their checkups and that we got to see their pictures 8) glad they're OK and hope Tommy's dental work won't be too bad for him.

Just a quick check in for now will write better tomorrow.

Happy Friday girls!

Hugs to all.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0296.JPG
The hallway is almost finished :mrgreen2:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

I try to read along, but I’m afraid I’m missing a lot. Please send me a message if I miss something important. Shame on me! And I really miss you! Wish you could all come to see the new house for Christmas! Oh well, better you come for the summer holiday, apparently we will not have a kitchen this Christmas… Long story short: Instead of concentrating their efforts on the new floor in the dining room, the i**ots ripped out the old kitchen floor that we were going to keep! (5cm whole wood perfect no damage oak floor). So now they will not be any kitchen floor in the kitchen for Christmas. And thus – no kitchen! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Oh well. We are moving in anyways, as a matter of principle. LOL. (We do have a kitchen island with cooking + a fridge, plus I’ll make my dad host Christmas dinner, and we are leaving for the mountains after a few days if the weather permits. So no biggi. JUST SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

But come on. Let’s be positive! LOL. The hallway is turning out pretty great, I think!

@Austina, I love Dotties friends! Too adorable! Oh now to drinking sea water!! So scary! Not a good thing to do… You might try to yell at her really loudly so that she think it is scary to drink…? Dogs are really not very good with salt… As you off course know. Just worried about her. Such a beautiful girl and so sweet.

@springerspaniel, I love snowshoeing! (And hiking and skiing, and and and… LOL). Just love the snow! Did you have good time?

@missy, what?? No laundry room? How is that possible?? That is just stupid! TURN ON THE GAS ALREADY! LOL. Hope the check up for the kitties went OK. Oh poor little ones! The look in the eyes of HRH is just too much! Hurts my heart! Silly me.

@PierreBear, so cool to read about the scholarship student! Glad the exam was OK!!

@marcy, lol no new face, just a missing one LOL. But I did always ask for a new brain for Christmas when I was a student. Always felt like the one I had was fried and all used up every time I came home for Christmas, LOL. Too funny the hair story! You are really good with the Christmas cards. I have still not made any… and I had such plans to even send to you girls this year!

@Jimmianne, please feel free to come here for Christmas! You are at least better prepared than us! Well, I am presuming now that you have a kitchen…? LOL. We never decorate until the 23rd, so you have plenty of time to get the three up before I do!!

@junebug17 you are so right. Wine is red, right?? And red surely is the colour of the season??? LOL. Re cleaning. Just do what I do this year. Ignore. LOL.

@CJ2008, love the watch! You really are a good wife!

@chanuk-gal, please buy that ring for me if Missy doesn’t want it…

All you girls are really too sweet for your comments re holiday pictures !!! I have such a hard time posting pictures of myself, I really hate it. So I figure if I am that uncomfortable, it must mean that I need practice!! I even hate having the pictures taken, which is why I didn’t post any from the beach. You can see on my whole body who self-conscious I look, LOL. Oh dear. Look in the mirror and say nice things…. LOL!

Anyways – the most important thing of the day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMIANNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy yay we are snow buddies. Snowing here today again. Weird only one phone processed at a time. But this time of year everything takes longer I think. Good for you not hitting any curbs on your way to mailing the cards. Speaking of curbs our car's engine light is on again. Oh no. Cannot make this stuff up. Greg's bringing it to the mechanic this AM. It is super cold here and I am just going to stay inside for the rest of the cold months is that OK?

Sharon the kitties send their love and purrs to you and thank you for the well wishes. XOXO.

CJ thanks for the hugs and love and the kitties say purrrrr and right back at ya.

Scandi hey there and yay for your house being guest ready. We will all be there as soon as the weather warms up. Hehe. Kitties are still recovering thanks for asking and will be AOK. Just a bit out of sorts. How're the pups doing? I get you re photos. I hate photos of myself. Just like when I hear my voice on the answering machine or something. I'm like ewww is that how I sound? Look? :oops2:

Happy Birthday Jimmianne!!! Hope you have a wonderful day and may all your dreams come true. (((HUGS)))
Birthday poem next post. I have been waiting for the 15th patiently.:kiss:

Have a great day girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear J today's your birthday
So we come together to say
Happy Birthday dearest Jimmianne
We are all your biggest fans

We are so lucky to have you here
Kind and caring, so sweet and so dear
The nirdi with so much love and joy to share
Your beauty shines whether you are far or near
I couldn't let this day go without saying how much we care

You are filled with a Joie de vivre and old world charm and elegance
That many others just don't and never will possess
A love of life and living and all that it holds
Your inner calm and kindness which is awesome to behold

We appreciate your friendship and love and all that you share
We hold you to our hearts and love you so dear
Wishing you health, happiness, much joy and so much more
Hope today's a wonderful birthday
And that the upcoming year is filled with adventure and love
and all that you adore

Happy birthday sweet NIRDI
Whether in the USA or France
We do our little happy dance
Cause you share your time with us

Your gentle way and your hugs
And no matter what comes your way
No matter what happens that day
You handle it with sophistication and finesse
And we know you are simply one of the best

XOXO XOXO Happy birthday!!!!!

We love you Jimmianne...sharing one of my favorite birthday songs. Dedicating it to you today. HB!!!

4917d75bdb00f6a0af2ab8021005dae4--funny-birthday-ecards-happy-birthday-quotes.jpg

375882-c44547ce80acd4a4e64ef06995b5fbca.jpg

P

PierreBear

Hi Friends! I did it again. Ate some more chocolates after breakfast. Though I realized DH must have done the same since the box had an uneven number of chocolates in a row. I always do that… ohhh let me even out the row and just eat one more. Haha!

Well this evening will be interesting. We serve at our church and they are doing a “thank you surprise” for the people who help out. We are supposed to show up at the church and then they will transport everyone for dinner and activities. It’s supposed to be an outdoor event and ummm 40 F is cold to me. Sorry I’m a pansy compared to you other ladies who live up north. The attire recommended is to wear boots or else your “achy breaky heart” might regret it later. Someone clued me in that it might be country western dancing. Not my thing. I don’t own cowboy boots but just classic plain jane riding boots. Nor do I own a cowboy hat or a belt buckle. I don’t think I’ll ever be that Texan. Anyhow, I’ll do my best to enjoy it! At least it is time spent with DH and other people on a Friday night when we are usually in bed really early.

OK signing off and hope ya’ll have a wonderful weekend!

@missy – poor Francesca… the drool photo is really endearing though. Poor baby. Just want to hug her. Her coat looks so soft! My cat turns into another “beast” too at the vet. He’s as sweet as he can be in person such a putting on that santa costume. However, when we get to the vet, he’s a really vocal cat that likes to hiss and growl. Never bites or scratches but just makes a bunch of noise!

I hope the kitchen project planning is improving. Hope you and Greg and planning a fun weekend together.

@canuk-gal – Lovely ring. How did you find it for Missy?! Hey my right hand is a 4.25. Can I borrow it too?! hehehe

@junebug17 – Hello! Hope you are doing well. What about your fur babies?

@marcy – hahaha I have heard of Cracker Barrel but I’ve never eaten there!! Perhaps a reason to try it.

Well since you are educating me, what are special about thermal tops? Anything different from just putting on layers? You are talking to a Texan who feels cold at 40 degrees F.

@CJ2008 – Hello!!! Did you wrap the watch gift yet?!

@Scandinavian – Oh wow, the wood is so beautiful! But so sorry to hear about the floors. COME ON!!! What a shame to pull up good floors. Waste of time and material. Booooo…. Does your dad live by or do you have to travel for Christmas? Is Christmas a big holiday to celebrate where you live?

@Jimmianne – Happy birthday!!!! Enjoy your day and eat many chocolate croissants!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne one more thing...look what I just came across going through my computer pics...this was 11 months ago yet feels like a lifetime ago almost.
We are both wearing our high boots..stylin:cool2:
Miss you and looking forward to your return soon I hope.:appl:

Happy Birthday sweetheart!

missygregandcindyvisitjanuary2017.jpeg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy, OMG I always feel so icky around people whose hair looks slept on. Like it's too intimate or something. Isn't that weird? But like I have no desire to see people in any state of intimacy. Please be fully dressed hair brushed or at least not sticking up. :( the guy she was with probably didn't even notice or think there was anything wrong with it lol It's really nice that you write poems :)

missy so glad you like the watch I bought him! We usually don't make a big deal of Christmas at all. So either we don't exchange or we buy something together for both of us. So I hope he gets me nothing! I really wanted to give him this and don't care at all if he gets me anything. I'll make sure to tell him because come to think of it he may be feeling like it will be weird if after getting him a watch he doesn't get me anything.

Mousey is doing OK. She's such a gentle girl. This week I let her vet know I'm looking for a home for her. I am hoping she knows someone at a particular rescue who will work with me/team up with me to advertise her. I feel like I have a better chance if she refers me to someone.

I am *thinking* about doing more to eat less meat. I've never really considered that before so it's definitely new and we'll see what happens...if nothing else I will go back to being more diligent about where I buy our chicken. But I feel like I can't trust anything, after reading about how those poor cows get treated. :blackeye: I know you also left a post on the thread about the cows, I will check that out.

june, so glad you like the watch I bought my DH! And yeah, I was not taking no for an answer! He so deserves it. Hope you had a wonderful visit with DD and her boyfriend.

pierre I so hear you on the overeating or eating things we don't normally eat. I have been eating cookies every day. Every day. And then when DH has Panettone I will slice it bad purposely so that some of it remains on the platter and I will eat that. And sure enough, I have blown up a little bit. It is very hard this time of year. Glad your DH came back home from being away.

Thank you so much for your encouragement about going vegetarian. I am just kind of like dipping my toes from like really far away lol But like I said to missy above, I am more consciously thinking about eating less meat. I never thought about it in those terms before. So that's a new awareness I never felt before. My awareness only went as far as wanting to buy more humane products. So this may lead me somewhere, I don't know. I really like beans so that helps.t would be so much easier if it's something DH wanted to do also, so I'll see how he feels about it.

I am not at all surprised that your vegan's friend's dinner was delicious. For me I think the biggest problem is just being so used relying on chicken for protein. And maybe thinking - probably wrongly - that going vegetarian will involve lots of cooking. So I have to look more into it. (((Thank you so much for sharing.))) Maybe I'll start a separate threads where people can contribute their tips, tricks/things learned.

Once we picked out the watch I ordered it online because they only had the case one in the store, and I wanted to get a brand spanking new one. :bigsmile: So it came wrapped beautifully from the jewelry store. Win win. lol

scandi thank you! I am super excited to give him the watch. Sorry to hear no kitchen for Christmas, but yes, the hallway looks amazing!

jimmianne happy birthday! And what a lovely picture of you guys! Glad to hear your doggie is better, too. (((Enjoy your day!)))

Enjoy your Friday everyone! xoxoxxo

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to thank you all for saying happy birthday!
And Missy, your beautiful poem brought tears to my eyes.
It is wonderful to have “birthday support”. Prop me up ladies, it’s big one. LOL

I’m going to the “big” city to pick up my two new pairs of glasses from the eye doctor, then will visit the jeweler to try on the setting for my asccher. I am so particular, they would not set the stone until I OKed the setting once more. I’m a true NIRDI PSer. Picky picky, and I think I made them nervous. But they are very picky and blingnerdy too, so no worries.

Your friendship here means so much to me. What a remarkable and great group you are.
Missy, being with you and Greg in NYC seems like years ago! Such a fond memory.

Scandi, you must be reading my mind. I was researching flights this morning for your corner of the world, starting to plan a Nothern Lights trip.
Is it true that it is warmer there than in New York?!
Hugs to you all.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Yay, nearly the weekend.

Sorry to hear you’ve got no kitchen @Scandinavian :shock: that’s a very drastic way to get out of cooking Christmas dinner :cool2: The hallway looks fantastic, can’t wait to see the rest when it’s all done. Dottie is all fine now thank you :razz:

Woohoo to your classmate doing so well @PierreBear I don’t think you need to worry too much about the odd chocolate, you will burn it off quickly, especially with all the line dancing tonight, yeee ha!

Keep safe and warm @marcy, not long now till you finish work for Christmas.

Hi @CJ2008 your DH is going to love his stylish new watch.

Great find @canuk-gal, if you find one like that going cheap, let me know :lol:

Glad the kitties survived their trip to their Aunty Vet, poor little chap needing some dental work, hopefully it won’t be too traumatic. :shock: to having no laundry for months, what a pain. You’ll just have to keep buying new clothes :mrgreen:, no??

What a great photo of you and the birthday girl :D

Glad your little doggie is feeling better @Jimmianne I hope you have a blinging birthday.

F07B4F96-D865-4A00-89CB-53ED583ACBAF.jpeg

Hi @junebug17 and @springerspaniel hope all is well with you both.

We’re going to a charity dinner tonight, (the children’s hospice we support), should be fun, nothing highbrow, dancing with George Micheal and Whitney Houston tribute acts as the entertainment :lol:

Feeling ok, the cold didn’t come to much.

Happy weekend all:wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMIANNE!!! The big birthdays are always harder. Do you have any plans for this evening?

Missy, Do you know when Tommy will be having his dental procedure? You are so lucky Debbie takes such good care of the furbabies. I just wish Francesca didn't get so stressed. Between a vet visit and the car trip she probably just wanted to go to sleep on your lap when she got home.

Pierre Bear, Don't worry about the chocolate. It's impossible to be perfect this time of the year with your diet. Way too many temptations with food. The picture of your baby in her Santa suit is adorable. I hope you have fun tonight and stay warm! Temps in 40's sound pretty warm to me.

Scandi, The house looks beautiful. You must be so ready for construction to be over. Im sorry about the kitchen floor but not having a kitchen isn't the worst thing in the world. I was thinking exactly like @Austina . What a great way to get out of making Christmas dinner. You look gorgeous in the picture you posted. Can you come here and show me how to get my body in shape?

Junie, Have a great time with your daughter. Are you ready for Christmas? I have no idea why but I just can't get into the Christmas mood this year. Hopefully I'll feel different next week.

Marcy, I LOL at the woman who's hair was a mess. You must be so happy to get the appraisals finished. Are you ready for a Christmas? I've still got to get the presents wrapped.

Austina, Have a great time tonight! It sounds like it will be fun.

CJ, You sound so excited to give your husband his new watch. Do you plan on giving it to him in Christmas Day? It's so nice to get someone something they love.

Sharon, I laughed so hard at the "happy music" comment in the other thread. I called one of my girlfriends that is always up for "happy music". She wanted me to tell you she is using that phrase in the future.

Springer Spaniel, Are you ready for a Christmas?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results