carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1429808653|3866548 said:
Missy, thanks for your thoughts on the rings! I like both but the antique cut stone is probably a bit more "me". It is being sold at a premium because it's DBL's branded cut. It looks big in the pic but it measures 6 mm so I'm afraid that I'd run into the same issue as with the Tiffany ring, not enough finger coverage. The diamond in the second ring is a bit larger, and the melee a little bigger so probably a slightly bigger look on the hand. Also, the melee in the first ring are single cuts, and I'm not familiar with how they look. I'm definitely taking my time deciding!

Calliecake, thanks for your input too…I think I'm leaning towards purchasing a few things instead of sinking the whole budget into one piece. I know I'm using bling as a distraction from other things in my life - but yes, there always seems to be something else to put the money towards. ;(

Jimmianne, your pics are beautiful, such amazing creatures! Your retreat sounds like it was very relaxing and fun, the perfect getaway for a few days, maybe next time you can stay even longer! Glad you had such a good time.

Marcy, very happy to hear you're enjoying your vacation, and getting a chance to just kick back and relax. How great you were able to meet up with Kristie and Bob, sounds like a lot of fun and your cookies look divine!

Like you, I love anything and everything that sparkles, therefore making it impossible for me to decide! :wacko: Thanks for your input on the rings - I went back and checked and both stones are W-X, which surprised me because the color of the second diamond does look more intense.

Kristie, I'm so jealous Marcy and Marty got to meet Maggie and Finn! They are just so adorable. I have a tremendous craving for your Kahlua cake, yum. You guys know how to do things right! :dance:

I hope Bubbles shows up very soon!

Sarah and Ovi, hope you ladies are doing well!

Junebug, bling is a great distraction and always fun to search for and enjoy. I am sure you'll find the perfect piece or pieces. That's interesting on those diamond both being W-X since they are such different colors.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1429818466|3866665 said:
Hi girls, yaaay I finally write something here!

Hugs to all of you my NIRDI Girlfriends!

Hi Ovi. I hope you have a great weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1429829003|3866767 said:
LOL, why are we all thinking of chewing gum right about now? Heheheheheh, "Bubbilicious!"

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on Bubbles :bigsmile:

Bob says this about Bubbles and her setting: "It's been a long and whiney road!" :twirl:

Kristie, Bubbles is so amazing. The ring looks fabulous on your hand. I like Sharon's decscription and Bob's comment about a long and Whitney road. I am so happy you finally have it on your finger and everything turned out fine. I am sure you'll wear Bubbles often.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy: I just wish Bubbles had been here Tuesday.

What did you and Marty do today? Bob is off tomorrow so it'll be errand city for us.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs. :wavey:

Sorry for the multiple and brief responses but I'm on a little chair in our room with my iPad in my lap. It was easier that way. Marty got me up at 5:30 and I went to the golf course with him. I rode around in the golf cart. We had lunch at the golf course and then came back to his sisters place. Marty's brother and niece got her mid afternoon and my SIL youngest son flew in this morning. We've got a house full now. Tomorrow my SIL's other son and his wife get here. I'm hoping someone decides to stay with my in-laws so someone isn't on futon right outside our door. My MIL cried she was so happy to have her two boys together at the same time. It's been maybe 8 years since they were all together. There is one more sister but she couldn't come and she has had a falling out with the sister we are staying with. Family drama, we all have it right? it is only about 9 local time and 10 my usual time but I feel like it's 2 am. Allergies are really making me tired.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1429847214|3866947 said:
Hi Marcy: I just wish Bubbles had been here Tuesday.

What did you and Marty do today? Bob is off tomorrow so it'll be errand city for us.

I know. I would love to have seen Bubbles in person. We had a quiet morning at the golf course then did family visiting the rest of the day. Lots of good stories and frequent alcoholic consumption. That may be why I'm tired as well. We should pick up some Feeakshow for tomorrow. Have fun running errands tomorrow.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heheheh, looking for a bottle of Freakshow is on tomorrow's to-do list!!

The allergies are a great excuse for anything you don't wanna do---like "Moose in the driveway!!!"

So do what you feel like and skip the rest---tired, head/sinuses hurt, you get the idea!!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, love that DBL. When I started down the slippery slope to Joy I was coveting a DBL branded very chunky haloed yellow diamond.[and still want it! LOL] My issue was the expense weighed against the face-up size of the cushion. It was also above my budget. But then I went over to the dark side with OECs and when I saw Joy - who was way over budget- it seemed silly to have money instead of her ... KWIM?
So maybe it's that you are very ready for New Beauty, but haven't quite discovered "the one" to push you over the edge?
......Wow! You and Missy are only 11 hours from me! we are practically neighbors. See you in the Fall : ) ... if not before.

AZ and Marcy, it was so nice to read about two NIRDIs meeting in person. Sounds as though you had a great time! a pre-GTG GTG!
[AZ, how nice of you to put my initial on Bubble's ring box! ]

OV- yay! so glad to see you back on the thread!!!

Missy,
You would have enjoyed the birds. They were very funny with their behavior and squabbles. One peacock followed us all over the park. Ducks are so busy! Swans are so aggressive, and why do parakeets like to nibble peoples' feet? I felt very brave hand-feeding a flamingo with that large beak. But I was not brave in the parrot enclosure...knowing what damage little Puff can do, it really gave me the creeps.

I was not into birds until Puff, now they are fascinating. Have you seen that documentary on Central Park bird watchers? That's a sanctuary close to you.

:wavey: Sharon

I wish we all lived closer to each other. It would be so much fun to meet for shopping or just a cup of tea. ~~~or to feed some birds LOL.
p1140482.jpg
[five young Mennonites feeding the parakeets]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Kristie how are you doing after the Bubbles excitement yesterday? I bet you had sweet sweet dreams!
Please please post more Bubble pics here. :love: :love: :love:

Marcy, I'm so happy your vacation is going well and how nice for your MIL to have almost everyone there. Yes, every family has drama and it is a real shame. Sounds like you guys have a full house despite one sister not coming though. Sorry your allergies are making you tired. I hope you had a good night's sleep and enjoy the weekend with the family.

I am enjoying my new earrings Marcy. Thanks for asking. They are the lightest earrings I own and so comfie to wear and they do pack a punch despite their ctw. Before leaving for work yesterday morning I snapped 2 pics and first pic has the kitties in the background lol. Bobby and Tommy are peeking into my picture. I didn't even notice till now haha. I will attach even though I know they are not PS worthy pics. No matter what I do I cannot take pics that are good and show the bling in their very best light but I know my NIRDI's are cool with that.
I have to say taking earring pics on one's own ears requires a whole new level of skills that I just don't have. I cannot even take good pics of my ring bling let alone earring bling. Kristie, you are doing an awesome job on your pics. Really awesome picture taking! :appl:

I am looking forward to those no calorie Death Cookies Marcy! Bring em on. :appl: Hey they are worth the calories anyway IMO. :lickout:

Callie, that is so devious and what you wrote makes so much sense! You are very perceptive and I didn't even think of that. When I was out I know my patients were upset and kept calling the clinic (as per the operations manager-he told me they were calling all the time) and it makes sense that they told the residences that I might not be coming back (I cannot believe they would have said I was definitely never coming back...at least I hope not) so they would schedule with the new doctor.

What are your plans this weekend? It is going to be near freezing tomorrow AM at the beach but supposed to warm up to the 50's brrrrr. Probably an east wind too but we are still heading to the beach later today. We'll give it a shot and see how it goes. That heated vest is awesome but when it is cold with a cold ocean breeze I am still freezing lol. Chance of rain Sunday which I am bummed about because I really want a nice weather weekend. For all the NIRDIs too!

Jimmianne, please share more about your dream vacation. I love those pics you posted so much and if you have any more please share them. I want to reach out and hug these beautiful birds. I hope Puff is not jealous! Did Puff miss you while you were gone? How did he greet you when you returned? I know sometimes kitties can be spiteful when one is away and I just wonder how Puff took your absence.

I have not heard of that bird sanctuary in Central Park. I will check that out thank you! I wasn't into birds either till you introduced us to Puff. I love Puff but that's no secret. :kiss:

Haha that was nice of Kristie to put your initials on her ring box. 8-)

Ovi, hey there girlfriend! We missed you here and thank you for checking in with us. Hoping things are going well and you will hang out here more often. (((Hugs))).

Junebug, guess the emerald was not what you were looking for and we are still on the hunt with you. Honestly sometimes I feel the search is more fun than the actual purchase. Blasphemous I know hehe. OK the search is not more fun than actually getting and enjoying new bling but it sure is a lot of fun! :naughty:

ETA: Ugh technology! Just lost the whole post because my computer went blooey. Sigh. Hope I didn't leave anyone out. Not as much fun trying to remember what I posted before the computer meltdown. :boohoo:

graceearringswithkittiesinbackgrounddidn_tnoticetillnowlol.jpg

closeupgraceearrings.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, What gorgeous bling to look at here lately.

Missy, your earring pictures turned out perfect. The new earrings look beautiful on you. They really show up nicely against yiur dark hair. Were you able to find a solution for the earring backs? I could not take a good picture of my jewelry to save my life. I see jimmianne and Kristie's pictures and wonder how they do it. I'm hoping your weatherman is wrong and our weather is headed your way. The wind has really died down here. When I woke up this morning the water on the pond was perfectly still. I think it will be in the high 50's today. That would be perfect weather for biking. No wind and not freezing temps. Greg's vest would be perfect. My husband is working from home this morning and wants to go golfing this afternoon. He told me last night that he was taking a vacation day today. Some vacation day, he has been on business call non stop since 6:00 AM. The furbaby is not happy with him. She could hear him talking and was up in no time. So much for sleeping in. I called Nordstrom and had them put a Tory Burch bag on hold. Tory Burch is having a spring sale and Nordstrom will price match. I hope I like the bag when I see it in person because the price sure is good, I know I need another bag like a whole in the head. I keep telling myself it's much less expensive than jewelry. We have my niece's baby's christening tomorrow.

Kristie, Did you sleep last night, dreaming of Bubbles? Your pictures of her are gorgeous. I would be planning outfits around her if I were you. I'm going shopping on Sunday. Do you want me to be on the lookout for Bubbles worthy clothes? I am crazy. I do this everytime I get a new piece of jewelry. As if clothes will make the ring look any different.

Jimmianne, Your pictures with the birds look so cool. I'm glad you had such a great time. It also looks like you had beautiful weather. Do you make these trips often to bird watch? Did you wear Joy? If so, did everyone notice her. It would be nearly impossible not to notice her.

Marcy, You sound like you are having such a nice vacation. I'm glad you have been able to pop in here and let us know what you are up to. I would have loved to meet you and Kristie. Marty's mom sounds like she is in her glory havung her sons together. Yes, every dp family has some drama. I used to think for years that's mine was pretty drama free but we are certainly making up for that the past few years. It always amazes me when people can't put their differences aside and get along for three hours. Your cookies sound so delicious. I'm with Missy, I'm sure they are worth every calorie!

Junebug, Do you have any plans for the weekend? I have a feeling we will become golf widows again before we know it. It seems every other day golf stuff has magically appeared at our front door. It's a nice change to hear "what's in the package." coming from my lips. He is usually the one asking that question.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thanks for the heads-up on the emerald ring! By the time I checked in with PS the bidding was over. I was at my mother's last night, and also ended up being on the phone with my daughter during the time the bidding was going on. Gorgeous ring! Love the color of the emerald - only thing is that as much as I love finger coverage, I'm thinking it might be a bit too large even for me!

Thanks SO much for taking the time checking out all the usual suspects for me! I do appreciate it so much, please let me know if you find any other contenders.

LOVE your new earrings! They really do look perfect on you :love:

Calliecake, I am still thinking about that beautiful emerald ring you suggested! I keep going back and looking at it. My problem is I have too many options, and I love them all lol.

Here's what I've been thinking, as of today anyway lol…I saw an eternity ring on pre-loved that I'm seriously considering, although someone else has expressed interest in it already so who knows. Still enough in the budget for something pretty…I keep going back to this spinel, I really like the soft blush color, and I'm thinking I would have it set by Maytal Hannah.

OR go with this DBL ring, I think missy suggested it a while back.

Lol to us being golf widows soon! Actually, I'm already one, my dh is playing golf this Saturday with a few friends. I don't mind though, he enjoys it so much and it's good for him to get together with his friends.

Your new bag sounds pretty! Hope you like it!

Had to laugh when I read you comment about your husband being on a call on his so-called vacation day! My dh goes through the same thing…IMO it's more like they are working from home! I guess that's why I don't mind that he plays golf occasionally, at least he's getting a break.

Kristie, it's funny you mention yellow sapphire, I've been thinking about that option. Grace has one that's in my budget, and it's in a VC setting but I'm not sure about the cut.

So glad you are enjoying Bubbles so much! That spess is just so gorgeous, I don't know a lot about CS but it looks so beautifully cut to my eye. :love: And the color, yum!

Ovi, it's so wonderful to hear from you! I'm sorry you are still experiencing so much upheaval in your life, I've said this before but even though we're going through different things, I'm going through a period of stress and anxiety as well - just some family drama, things with my kids, worrying about various issues - so I can relate somewhat to how you are feeling, I think. I too am looking for ways to comfort and strengthen myself. I'm also sorry to hear you are sick, I'm sure all the stress you are under is a contributing factor. I hope you're feeling a little better by the time you read this! Take care of yourself, I truly hope that all the things that are causing you such worry are resolved soon. Hugs, you're in my thoughts!

Jimmianne, thanks for your thoughts on the DBL branded diamond…yeah, I feel exactly the same way, beautiful but pricey for the face-up size. Tack on a double halo platinum setting, and you're talking quite an expensive piece…and I'm not sure I love it that much, yanno?

Marcy, glad your vacation is going so well…how great for your mil is getting to visit with her sons at the same time, I'm happy for her! Sorry to hear about the family drama, I have some of that going on too ;(

I hope I'm not annoying anyone with my changing bling plans! :oops: I know I'm all over the place, but I promise I'm eventually going to buy something haha!

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon!

4908591.jpg

r5778_handshot_04a.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Junebug, I love both rings. That pink stone is gorgeous and different. I would love something like that set as a RHR.
I find looking at jewelry is a great distraction when dealing with family drama. I also think worrying sbout the kids is the worst. Some how when it's the adults causing the drama there are many times I just want to tell them to get over themselves. They cause so many of their own problems. It's much different for me when I see the kids go thru things. That always seems to hurt my heart so much more. Even through they aren't my children they will always be my babies. I hope things work themselves out soon and I'm glad you have the jewelry search for a distraction when you need it. Hugs, hugs and more hugs

It never bothers we when my husband golf either. I remember the days all too well when I took vacation days and spent much of the day on the phone. I don't think my husband has truly had a day off in years so a little golf is always much deserved.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love birds and a vacation to a sanctuary would be wonderful. I consider the bird world outside my door as my pets! They come to me and we chat--cuz their is bird food for them here! :lol: My BIL made the most wonderful red and white house for them! (he calls it a condo...)

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs.

Kristie, I hope you find a bottle of Freakshow today. There is a massive liquor door on the way out of Denver that probably has it. This place is so big the Home Depot next door looks like a convenience store. I woke up with a pretty bad sore throat today. I hope it's allergies. Are you wearing Bubbles today? I hope you aren't driving because you'll be staring at your ring instead of the road.

Jimmianne, I do understand sometimes you will throw your budget out the window when you really want something. Joy certainly is worth it. We saw about 10 sparrows run a hawk off Wednesday. They were after him very aggressively. Must have been after their nest or something.

Missy, I am enjoying my vacation and relaxing. I slept pretty well last night. Thanks. Your new pictures look great. I am glad you are enjoying your earrings. They are so pretty. IMO Calories should be banned from cookies. That would make things more logical in the universe. I hope it's warm enough for cycling this weekend. I really need to get myself a heated vest. My car has a heated steering wheel and its on more than off for about 9 months of the year. I agree the hunt for new jewelry is often more fun than anything. That's why I am always searching for new jewelry. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Callie, Marty and Jeff have the same problem today. Marty has been on calls and his computer for several hours now too. So much for vacation days. Have a fun time at your nieces christening tomorrow. I know all families have drama and many have way more drama than ours do. I guess I like our drama free zone so I notice it more. Glad you are going to have warmer weather.

Junebug, the color of that spinel is fabulous. Such a pretty color. I feel the same way about Marty playing golf. It is good for him to go play and visit with people and his friends. Sorry you are having family drama too. I think it's a common problem. I am reading work email but I'm not responding. Not much I can do from here so at least I'll be prepared to answer questions. You could never bore me with your bling plans, search and decisions.

Sharon, your bird condo sounds nice. I am sure the birds enjoy stopping by for dinner.

It's raining here. Unlike Wyoming the temperatures don't drop 30 degrees when it rains. We had BLT for breakfast. Great way to start the day.

Have a fabulous day.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, the air is so dry here, if I don't run a humidifier in my bedroom I wake up with a sore throat. Maybe that is your situation?

I found Freakshow today at Safeway!!! Bought several bottles :naughty: Bob would love that liquor store, it sounds hyooge!!!

Got rain here this morning. Tried to find a comfortable reading/TV chair, no luck.

But I had a pretty orange color about me today :lickout: I'm not happy with the prongs---too sbort and therefore not needled enough, but Ashod could only work with what he was handed. The head is a tad small. One of these days I will reset Bubbles but at least for now I csn wear her! That is a good thing.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, g reat color on that spinel and the cut looks good. What is the weight? Who cut it? It would make a beautiful ring.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1429912831|3867339 said:
Junebug, g reat color on that spinel and the cut looks good. What is the weight? Who cut it? It would make a beautiful ring.

+1
Beautiful color!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake, thanks for the kind words and the hugs, they are both helping! Yes, it's so hard to see younger people we love go through hard times and struggle with life issues - you want to help but don't always have the answer for them. And I agree, it's really frustrating when adults can't put their issues aside for the sake of some peace for the rest of the family. :nono:

Kristie, I understand the setting isn't quite what you want it to be, but it is still very pretty and as you said now you can wear and enjoy Bubbles - you obviously can reset down the road if you want. I'm just glad she's back on your finger!

Yes, I should have given more deets on that spinel - It's from Finewater Gems and it's the 4th one down. It measures 8.1 x 8.1 mm, wish it was a bit bigger but thinking I can add some finger coverage with the halo.
http://www.finewatergems.com/spinel.html

Thanks Jimmianne! I really like the color of the stone too.

Marcy, I'm glad you like the color of the stone. Sounds like our husbands all have a strong work ethic! You do too, reading emails on vacation! I'm glad you're not responding lol. Seriously, I can see where you want to know what's happening so you won't be swamped when you get back. I'm so glad you're getting such a nice break.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Gary. I love that stone. Love it. If I hadn't just completed the BD (Bubbles Debacle) I would buy it (although only after you passed). I'm not BSing you, that is a 'buy' pricewise and spinel appreciate quickly.

And it would look splendiferous in a halo on your hand.

Love this stone and the price is fantastic.

The first spinel is too pink to be a true Burma Red Spinel. 2 and 3 are too pale. Plus spinel can be FIERY with lots if scint, but not in an EC. Yours is the pick of the litter, it's great. You *could* have Gary send it to you on approval...

Junebug, you are kind to say nice things about Bubbles' setting. The prongs in the pics look stubby, ugh. The odd thing is IRL what I see are short FLAT looking prongs whose white gold looks too too contrasting.

Oy. If Wink had measured that stone he would've gotten the head size right. Not measuring the stone on intake and ensuring fit, its a huge mistake for a jeweler to make...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDI girls!

Kristie, Bubbles is beautiful :love: but I am sorry the prongs are not what you wanted them to be. That is HUGE mistake that WINK made and I am so sorry about the whole mess. ;(

I agree with wearing her and enjoying her and sometime down the road when the timing is right resetting her into a more perfect setting. She is gorgeous though even with shorter less needled prongs. Even a big mistake like that cannot detract from her beauty fortunately.

I sleep with a humidifier on all the time now just in case that helps my skin in any way. The air is so dry here much of the time I cannot imagine how much more dry it is where you live!

Yay for finding Freakshow at Safeway! We don't have a Safeway here because I would love to find that Crystal Head vodka you were telling us about. I will start my search soon though and am sure we will find it somewhere. We haven't had the opportunity to look yet.

What are your weekend plans?

Junebug, I love that pink spinel you posted. And if Kristie gives it the green (or pink haha) light go for it if you love it. Just make sure that it will give you the finger coverage with a halo that you need. Because that is just as important as making sure the stone is a gorgeous one. Remember you have some beautiful rings but not with the finger coverage so just make sure it is the mm you are craving.

I hope you have a fun weekend planned and I am sending hugs your way. :wavey:

Callie, I agree that the jewelry hunt is a welcome distraction which I totally need right now so I am very happy to continue the search for projects for us all. :halo: Are we ready to start the OEC 4 plus carat search? :Up_to_something:

Have you ever played golf with your dh? Greg and I are planning on learning the game when we retire as something we can enjoy together. Do you girls ever play with your dhs? Or have a desire to learn if you don't know how to play? I know we love playing miniature golf together though I realize they are totally different activities. They both have the word golf in them. ;))
I also get it if playing golf is a respite from work and the accompanying stress and also just spending time with guy friends. I was just wondering if any of you girls were interested in learning the game or play already.

I hope your dh can play golf this weekend without any work distractions Callie. Have a good time at your niece's christening today. What are the rest of your weekend plans? I am glad you are enjoying beautiful weather. Not sure how chilly it will be here today. Well I know it is in the 30's right now but I am hoping it will warm up in a few hours
with not too much wind. Fingers crossed.

Marcy, I am sorry Marty is working while on vacation and I hope he finished whatever he was working on and can enjoy the rest of the weekend and your vacation. I hope the rain is finished soon (though yay for warm rains vs freezing rains!) and the rest of the vacation weather is sunny and beautiful. Oh and if you need a heated vest I will see what I can do. Once Greg gets his garage going he will be in such a great mood I can start giving him a honey to do project list and I would be more than happy to put Marcy's heated vest on that list. :cheeky:

Sharon, I love the way you think of the outside birds as your pets and it is wonderful that you take care of them and feed them and they come to you. I would love that. They don't let us feed the birds where we are at the beach sadly. There are lots of birds right in our backyard and in the water. It is so much fun watching them swoop down and grab fish right in front of us. They are so graceful and elegant. I love that your BIL made a "condo" for your birds. :appl:

Jimmianne, how is Puff this morning? Did he say anything when you came back from your sanctuary vacation? And did your friends notice Joy? How could they not. I have had people who are not jewelry people per se notice Bea and comment how beautiful so I am sure they had to notice Joy's chunky beauty. :love: What is on your weekend agenda?

Ovi, hi there! Hope the rest of your week went well. Any weekend plans?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning aLL!

We are getting rain here. Love getting a break from mowing, but unfortunately I've heard a rumor that it is still possible to weed the flower beds in wet weather : (
So much for a couch day LOL

My birth certificate came [!!!] and with a passport appt next week it looks as though I'll be able to travel this summer. My petsitter has a knee replacement scheduled, so I may be training someone new - ugh.
Missy, I think you are lucky that you found good cleaning help and I meant to write earlier that for NYC it sounds reasonable. I figure help there is about twice the rate of the "rural areas" [i.e., the rest of the country except Florida and California LOL]

AZ I hear you about getting in line for Junebug's spinel. Junebug, that is a great gem website with such nice gems. It does fire up the imagination.

I would really like a stacker for Joy with the color of that raspberry spinel! with some little diamonds. I've been looking online at pink sapphire or ruby eternity rings since I got her and the only good place for what I envision would be CVB, but at this point [or maybe ANY point] I would find it hard to spend that much when there are so many other things on the bucket list!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY Jimmianne!!! SO happy your birth certificate came and you can now travel where you want to this summer. WOOHOO! :dance: :appl: Happy Dance time!

And just so you know NYC is always ready to have you visit. Just saying. :bigsmile:

Hmmm a raspberry stacker sounds beautiful. Off to search for a great bargain. :appl:

Sorry about your petsitter. I am always available though... 8)

Callie, forgot to answer your question. I am using little rubber tube backings for the earrings and you cannot even see them when I am wearing them so that's great. It's a good solution. Grace told me she doesn't wear any backings with her french wire earrings and they remain secure but it is so windy here all the time and I just don't think that is a good solution for me. And the backings I found are a safer solution.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your bird was naughty. He bit the house sitter and when I got home he bit me twice. However, he is now coming on to me again and grooming my ponytail while I sit at the computer.

I was a little self conscious to show friends Joy, but I bit the bullet - gave her a good cleaning and went out to dinner for her debut.
My friend came up to me, grabbed my hand and said "what's this?! a new diamond?" and rubbed her thumb all over the table.
I'm laughing now but it really annoyed me. She had rubbed the last new ring too, so I was anticipating, but I wasn't quick enough LOL.
I actually jerked my hand away and said no! :lol: So Joy sat through dinner with an oily table and a glum look. LOL

I love that people comment to you about Bea. I can't wait to meet her.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA, I knew your girlfriends could not help but notice Joy! But ugh to her rubbing her finger over Joy's delicious table. Why do people do that? :doh:
Joy though I know looks gorgeous even with an oily thumbprint on her table. :love:

Poor sweet Puff! He was upset his mommy was away and the petsitter should have been more careful. I will take care of Puff next vacation OK? Just hope my face doesn't scare him. :blackeye:

Hugs to you and Puff and I am glad he is getting back to his normal loving behavior. It has to be traumatic for our furbabies when we go away so I would forgive some bad behavior when you are away and when you first return. But I know you know that being much more of an expert than I am on animal behavior. All I know are cats and dogs guinea pigs (loved when I had guinea pigs as a pet-they make the most adorable squeaking noises when they are happy or want attention) and gerbils and rats being the city girl that I am. :cheeky:

Bea cannot wait to meet Joy and truth be told I am sort of excited to meet you too. :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hear you on the concern about the finger coverage, it is the main reason I'm not hitting the "buy now" button lol. I don't know why I have this thing about finger coverage. The Tiffany ring measures 10 x 10 mm, stone + halo. The spinel is 8.1, and if I get a halo with one and a half point stones that brings me to 11.1 for the diameter and honestly I just think it will be a bit too small, since I'm disappointed with the Tiffany ring. You can see that I've thought this through haha! I could bump the melee up to 2 points, that would bring me to 11.6 mm. I don't mind slightly larger melee in a halo.

I could switch gears on the setting, and revisit this style of ring with an airline, which I really like. I think David Klass could swing something like this, I've been impressed with the work I've seen from him lately.

Hmm, hope I don't sound strange with all my computing :oops: Just want to avoid another disappointment!

Kristie, I'm glad you like the spinel! I'm obviously a noob to CS, but to my very untrained eye the stones on Gary's site do look to be good quality. I just wish the spinel was a tad bigger lol. I'm going to spend some time browsing around on other sites and see what I can come up with. I do love the color. I guess I like a softer tone, but not too soft lol - the pear mahenge ring that Grace will be selling is obviously gorgeous, but I feel the color is a bit too intense for me.

Jimmianne, so sorry to hear Puff was out of sorts! I don't think he liked you going away lol. Sounds like he's feeling better now. I agree that it is a bit odd when people have this urge to touch a ring! I wouldn't even think of doing that. But it's really nice your friend loved your ring and was excited for you.

Glad all the paperwork went through and you're set for your trip!

I think a raspberry stacker would look beautiful paired with Joy, just sayin'! :naughty: I hear you on the expense though, they tend to be kinda pricey IMHO. I will keep my eyes open for you as I browse around!

51092_1_0.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs.

Kristie, we've been sleeping with an overhead fan running too. I am still coughing today. I am not so tired. Cool you found Freakshow at Safeway. We can't buy alcohol in grocery or convenience stores at home so it's funny to see it here. Yes, Bob would love the giant liquor store. They even had a Faberge egg with Russian vodka inside it at one point. It was in the locked up your can't afford to buy this cabinet. The girl in the store said she heard it was awful vodka too. Sorry you don't like the prongs on Bubbles but you can enjoy wearing Bubbles until another setting comes along you like better.

Junebug, you know what you want for finger coverage so I definitely wouldn't settle for something less. Going with the airline would add size and it is pretty. Yes, it seems all of our husbands to have strong work ethics and that's kind of unusual from what I see of the world. It's a good thing they are like that. That's just the way I was raised to be helpful and responsible.

Missy, too funny about miniature golf having the same word as golf. That makes it the same in my book. Marty and I played miniature golf a few times. I had more fun than he did. I will bug Marty to figure out a heated best for me. Good idea! I know Greg will be thrilled to get his garage going and working on projects. I missed you found cleaning help. That's great! I sure enjoy having my house cleaned every other week. I concur with wearing rubber tube backs on your French wire earrings. With wind and long hair your likely to loose one at some point.

Jimmianne, I am glad you got your paperwork so you can travel. I hope you weren't rained on while weeding the flower bed. Puff wasn't happy you left him for a few days. Sorry he bit you and the house sitter. That is annoying when someone feels it necessary to touch your diamond or gemstone. I had a lady in a jewelry store doing that one time. I usually pull out a glasses cleaner cloth and at least try to get some of it off.

My SIL took her DIL and our niece for pedicures and manicures. The guys are playing golf. I am just goofing off. Today we are having family pictures taken in the park and then a cook out. Tomorrow we'll be heading for home.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

I just wanted to come in and say hi. I keep missing all the action here, I love all the jewelry I see her whether they are already happily owned or ideas. Junebug, the spinel is nice but you all know how I feel about yellow diamonds and pear is one of my favorite shapes.:))) Though I keep telling myself my next one will be a cushion, I do not own one yet, pears and ovals are my faves generally but I have a real soft spot for cushions, nice, chunky and chunky faceted cushions, love some of the antique cuts too. Next week my pink Sapphie is coming home, I hope so finally. That is exciting!

Today I went to lunch with some nice people around here that invited me, we went to the lake, it was absolutely gorgeous weather. It was nice to get out even if for a short time. Thinking of renting a really nice place for store and apartments built into the castle in downtown. Anyhow, I have made some new friends around here, great people and good for my passion and profession too.

I am still under the weather sometimes but the sadness and trauma is not as horrid perhaps. I still get the feeling sometimes that I will not get over it but working on it really hard. I know that pain is hard to get over and get rid of and that it will take time and some help perhaps too but I am beginning to try to focus on some positive things in my life too. I have to still love certain parts of my life.

I want to send big hugs to all of you and wish you a great weekend. Jimmianne and Marcy I have really missed talking to you.

Callie thanks for everything, you being there for me in the past few days has meant a lot. Really.

Missy, thanks for checking in too sometimes. Kristie you know how much I love Bubbles, I adore her, really. I love your ring too. Huge congrats I wanted to say that here too.

I have so much catching up to do. This weekend I will have to do lots of spring cleaning I have not had the time to do during the last few weeks.

Next week I expect to only work two days but have a lot of programs, meeting my goldsmith for picking up a lot of work, hopefully having a new salsa partner and taking one private lesson before starting the beginner's class that started two weeks ago and have not been able to attend so far, asppointments, so on and so forth, some meetings. Of course just when I want to open up and live a little the weather will turn cold once again.

Hope to talk to you soon and enjoy your weekend girls.

:wavey: :love: :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is cloudy here & cool-we have had snow, rain, wind & cool weather this last week--Callie I bet you have about the same. Will summer ever arrive this year?? :rolleyes: We are to get sun tomorrow so maybe in will warm up a bit. Marcy & Kristi, your eastern sisters would love some heat & SUNSHINE our way--send it over will you?!? :) The bulbs are all up here, crocus came & went, now the daffodils are up. Planted an Easter Lily that was a gift, hope it takes root. Callie, I told husband your advice re dog flu, (thank you very much for your detailed paragraph, greatly appreciated it) & yes I think its worthy to get them vaccinated. Ounce of prevention....

Marcy, hope you are having or had a nice vacation! I may have missed your return. I haven't finished reading past pages but know you were traveling. What fun you must of had visiting Kristie!!

I love Bubbles Kristie, gorgeous cut, luscious color & perfect setting. Really nice :) Good choices all round! :appl:

Jimmieanne, I LOVE nature, animals etc, & your bird pictures are stunning, what a neat place to go, it sounds to me you do as well, I bet you had a great time!! I read a hilarious joke about a parrot, it involved mentioning the male anatomy, & wanted to post it to you, but decided the mods may not like it. It was funny. I bet you are enjoying your beautiful new ring!!

Junebug, I love both the spinal & the yellow haloed pear!! Can you do both, save the spinal for setting later? It sure is nice, what are its dimensions? My fav yellow stone is Catmons radiant (? I think its a radiant) & (formerly) Amyseths yellow pear, which was gorgeous IMHO. Don't think you could go wrong with either choice. Throes of indecision, half the fun!! Looking forward to seeing what you think....

I'm sitting here procrastinating--son is coming home with a car load today, move-out is next weekend. Told him I'd make his fav batch of cookies to take back for finals this next week, hope he stays for dinner.

Ovi, was so happy to see a post from you--glad to see that you are moving forward along your journey. IMO, its perfectly normal to try to go back & enter into existing doors just to reaffirm if they need to stay open OR closed. Then you can totally clear your head--hang in there, life is a process, & it happens slowly on a day by day basis.

Missy, Your tandem bike riding looks like such fun--& what a bonus it's something both you AND your husband enjoy. & a good workout to boot, good for you both! I walked a good bit this am, there's a really nice park on our street & I walked down & back, will do the PT list later after cookies are done. The 2 pins in my leg, one of which goes vertically from top of femur down, then the other bisects the vertical pin & heads horizontally into the neck towards ball of joint. The horizontal pin threads thru the vertical pin, & is engineered to move back & forth as the bone heals. As a result, the leg has shortened a good bit, about a half of an inch possibly a bit less--which was expected. So, the surgeon said head to drugstore & go to the Dr Schuils display & pick out a different heel lifts--ie different layers in heel to see what seems most comfortable height wise. Then the plan is to get a custom made orthotic. So thats where we are, everything has been going well--so am on the way. I love your earrings--I can imagine, they are so perfect. I really would like a dangle pair, & have the old pair of studs that I can use, just have to decide on setting. You & Mayk are providing motivation.

Ok gals, have the Clinton Cash special on Fox recorded so I can watch later, wonder is this is the beginning of the end for them--must get started on baking, everyone have a great weekend!!

Babies are all doing well here--hope everyones fur babies are doing well also!
sarahb XO

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Sarah, how are you? So nice to see you here :appl: :wavey: . I will read what you wrote in detail soon but just wanted to greet you as I have not heard from you in a long time. Everything is ok with you now? Thanks for writing to me also and loved the way you phrased what you said, the image of doors and that life is a process, surely so, I have sometimes moved along too fast with too much passion and too many feelings for others that did not deserve it but life is also a learning experience. I must come here and talk to all of you, even those I do not talk to privately, even if I have to sometimes miss things, I will try to catch up as I care about all of you here. :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb, it's good to read your post.
I wish I knew what that joke was! I looked up key words on google and got two, but nothing about them was fit to print, so I can't imagine it was one of them : )
It is one thing to know that someone has gotten hurt, but another to hear about all the pins!!! My brave NIRDIs.

Ovi! Hi. Glad to see you posting here too! I was afraid I would never get over - or actually - get back to who I had been...after all the to-do the past few years. I came out the other side a changed person, but a better & happier one too. You have such a good life ahead! You just have to cycle through the shut :lol:

Dear NIRDIs, I'm so glad to "know" all of you. If makes me smile to sit down and write this morning, knowing that at some point you will all be reading & writing too. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results