shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your "As the NIRDIS Turn" comments are very, very funny! :lol: Sorry the appointment didn't offer any new treatments at this point, but it's encouraging to hear the derm thinks you skin looks a bit better - hugs, and hang in, I can't help but think you'll turn a corner at some point. And Bobby might be a little fresh sometimes, but omg he is so pretty! Love that gray and white fur and the little pink nose :love:

Jimmianne, wow, you are really lovely! The OEC looks beautiful, and huge! :love: - how are you feeling about it? Sorry Puff got a little too excited, hope you're ok.

Calliecake, thank you for your comments about settling estates - I cannot believe you're still getting credit cards after all these years, that is just ridiculous and I don't understand why these companies can't get their acts together.

I wish more sellers would show hand shots too, it is extremely helpful to see a ring on the hand to get an idea of size. It helps if they at least give measurements. I'm so glad to hear your niece's skin is doing better, she sounds so much happier! I think I missed the post about the dress - are you helping your friend buy a wedding dress? It can be a challenge to find exactly the right one.

Marcy, thank you again for the helpful information, made me feel a bit better. I don't think a person with anxiety issues is the best one to handle something like this lol, not sure why she named me, my oldest brother would have made more sense. When the time comes my husband will give me a hand figuring it all out. But in the meantime, I'll meet with an attorney. Wow, 60 degrees, that is awesome! Your dinner sounds delicious too.

Ovi, so sorry to hear about your eye! I hope it's just your eyelid and your eye isn't injured. How is it right now? You must have been reading my mind, because I love ovals too and am now thinking of that as a possibility! I am all over the place :sick: Hang in there with the salsa dancing! It takes time to learn a skill like that, be patient with yourself, you'll get there.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This thread is charming/interesting/fast paced, endearing, etc, etc..and the pictures are great! :appl: :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1426025044|3845182 said:
Before I show off Ms. Shy....
For Bob, a Kubota "key ring"...
p1130411.jpg

Bob loved his shout-out and his response?

Where have you BEEN all my life????? Diamonds and tractors!

A cool chick who rocks the Carhartts and has a tractor AND mini ponies!

Jimmieanne, if you don't have a line of suitors there a mile long!!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA! Bobby waking up all grumpykins! This had to have been before his first Nespresso of the morning: He has the squinty eyes and bed fur, heehee!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.ha.com/

http://hamptonauction.com/

Alright NIRDIs:

Auctions. We can't get into the trade shows for wholesale prices. Unless we pool our inventory of jewels and open our own online shop. But I digress. :bigsmile:

I looked through the past auction pages and saw the prices these went for, and even adding in for buyer's premiums, the prices are pretty good. So good I felt tempted.

I bought a wedding band at Christie's once and it was pretty easy and the item was beautiful. Christie's told me that lots of jewelers sell off inventory this way so if an item does not sell, at Christie's you could make an offer. I did it this way and got the ring inexpensively. I'll get a pic tomorrow to share.

Have any of us bought at auction?

Negative: Bad pics on the websites and little information. No returns.

Do any of you ever feel tempted, looking at these auctions?

I went to a Brighton auction in Scottsdale years ago, you could show up an hour early and look at the inventory, ask questions, see any documentation if they had it. Bob and are were shocked at the low prices, we saw a gorgeous antique platinum and diamond bracelet go for $500. We also saw auction wierdness, a bunch of ladies who vastly overpaid for crappy amethyst suites.

If you were certain you wanted a certain item, you could inform the auctioneer and he would ensure to get that item up on the block early on.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PonieGirl, that stone is gorgeous. Do you feel anything for it yet? Is a setting coming to mind?

(I went on Erika's website today and I saw a yellow marquise (oh Junebug!) that I wanted to buy and set e/w in 18k yg, and also that Diamond Jubilee-ish stone? I love it! Its a disco ball for your hand. Its over 2 ct and its $6k :lol:)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmie, no such thing as a partay crasher. :dance: You brought the pics, we bring the camaraderie =)

An ex-teacher, here, Tourmie, have you thought of putting The Magic Ticket in one of the eggs? (Or all of the eggs, really, you want to keep those pint-sized party-ers happy).

Anyone who gets the Magic Ticket gets to pull a prize out of the (fancy hat, a big burlap sack, a giant fish bowl, whatever you've got). Put a tiny indicator that only you would notice so you can either make sure the Birthday Boy gets the first Magic Ticket and/or at decent intervals all the party guests receive a magic ticket.

They won't know it was fixed until they are 30 and they talk about one of the best parties of their lives in therapy...

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Thanks for the welcome.
So more on my Vivienne
Also, ladies cif you need a messenger to see Erica's treasures IRL I have the terrible pleasure of living 30 minutes from her.
I can summon her and her amazing crazy collection (Wednesdays are usually our meet days).
Yes don't give more reasons to lurk at diamonds. :angel:
And I'll share more about me soon.

img_3281__0.jpg

img_20141228_131755.jpg

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Meh pic

_27815.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phanie: (your name cracks me up :lol: ) Vivienne is the top pic? I love her flowery kaleidoscope cut. Is she a fire catcher in light?

The next pic, wow, what a setting. Its richly detailed without being fussy or old lady-ish. More pics of both please!

Have you seen the possibly Jubilee cut stone? The yellow marquise?

I double dog hate shipping/insurance costs, how cool you live close to Erika.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls.

ROFL, we really are like we are in a soap opera. Too funny.

No worries, I seem fine this morning, I am surprised because these things can really look awful on me for a long time but I tried to very slowly and carefully take out Sapphie's claw from my eyelid. No, she definitely did not mean anything bad but mom cats act like they hold down their kittens while they groom them and not let them go and she was trying to do that with me. She was on her back and being happy and loving, problem was that she does get scared when her claws get stuck in something and she was starting to get scared when I finally removed her claw. I almost could not and if I or she had ripped it out, well, that would have been awful taking out a piece of my eyelid because of the way their claws are curved, this is why it was difficult to take it out. Guess I should clip her claws but I have not been doing that lately.

One time a long time ago when I had babies Torrie a kitten of mine was shut in the kitten room for the night, however, he learnt to open the door of course and preferred to be in bed with me and the big cats, then I was still trying to sleep with everyone despite my allergies. So what happened is that in the middle of the night he came into the bedroom and somehow he wanted to play and jump off of my face to run and catch something. In the process he punctured my eyelids and my face in a way that I had to take vacation from work because I had a bruised and swollen face with blood pouring down, I really did look like someone beat me up real well. Accidents can happen and it is no one's fault definitely not theirs and they do not mean it, they are clueless.

Yes I too agree that Jimmianne you are gorgeous on the outside as well. I also agree Junebug that handshots are a great idea. The best thing is of course when you can try on rings for size and see what size stone looks great to you. There is nothing that beats seeing and trying something IRL. Finger coverage, I realized, is very important to me too. This is why I kept my latest ring, well, not only finger coverage but yes because of the design when I tried it on it covered the entire width of my finger and it looked really impressive. Of course I also loved the style and found the design very unique but you want that wow effect. This can also happen once you have a new ring in your possession but sometimes it can be trial and error but at least I think it is a good idea to try different designs and stone sizes to see what looks best for one's budget. Finger shots help a great deal but we also all have very different hands and finger sizes and what may look gigantic on one person may not look so much that way on someone else.

Phanie welcome and I love your ring, totally the style I go for too and that one is also a wonderful example of great finger coverage. How nice that you live close to your source, I often wish for that, OTOH it is truly dangerous as then I think I would be buying double what I am now as I could not resist.

Hey, I keep writing despite not having been able to read what I missed only peaked here and there but tonight I will get started on all the reading as well.:))) It is difficult to follow when you have no time but at least I try to participate.

Hope you are all sleeping well and have a wonderful day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It is going to be 58 degrees here today. OMG. A little taste of the weather you enjoyed yesterday Marcy... I cannot wait to get out of work today so I can be outside a bit. Woohoo, spring is on the way. :appl:

Jimmianne, I agree. Your new OEC goes to the top of the spreadsheet. It is too beautiful to go anywhere else but the top. :love: How was your first evening together? I hope Ms Shy is warming up to you and her new family and that Puff is giving her a warm welcome. :appl:

Marcy, I don't understand what twitter is so I sure hope we are not going to start incorporating that here. I am not tech savvy at all (as you all know lol) and in fact regret ever joining Facebook I think. Though it is convenient for certain things. I check it only when I get a message on it so not that often. Twitter. FB. Myspace. Linkedin. Pinterest. Google Plus. Instagram. Flickr. I am sure there are many others I don't even know about. ::)

Oh I definitely agree. Bobby aka Psycho Kitty is related to your Killer Bunnies and perhaps I should send Bobby over to you guys so he can have a nice little visit with your brood. Fair warning though-Bobby is always hungry and well depending on his mood Snacks might be toast :lickout: so you might want to keep him in the pantry for a little while longer if Bobby is visiting. Haha.
The rest of my kitties however are sweet as sweet can be and would love to snuggle with Snacks and would not eat him I promise. :halo:

I am sorry one of your employees was a pain today and I am glad the synopsis of "As the NIRDIs Turn" amused you. That was the goal and glad it didn't fall flat. I was truly exhausted all day yesterday. The culmination of a week of sleeping less than 5 hours a night so not thinking as clearly as I would have liked. Hopefully today will be a clearer day mentally as I am working today. Definitely do not want to be foggy at work!

Junebug, thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it. And thank you for complimenting Bobby. His looks can be deceiving though. He looks all sweet and innocent but watch out. His nickname is a fair one I assure you. I cannot stay upset with him though as he is such a sweetie despite his bad behavior. Bobby is the one that smashed our huge Kosta Boda bowl (from the 70's/80's) a few years ago. It was quite expensive and irreplaceable as they don't make that one anymore. He saw it too close to the edge of the table as I was preparing the table for company (so my fault completely for not having it in the center where it belonged) and he took the opportunity to push it off the table (as our kitties enjoy doing lol) and watched it smash into many pieces onto the floor. Yes right before company was expected too. What a mess. :knockout: That bowl was so pretty.

I think your mother named you executor because she knows you are so responsible and conscientious and that's why she chose you. You are the best person to do this job. You are too responsible and good for your own good Junebug LOL. I know you will do a great job when the time comes and of course your dh will be there helping you.

And as long as we are talking about hand shots I agree 100% and also we need earshots for earrings too. So many sellers/vendors don't provide hand shots and earshots and it is impossible to get the full picture without them. Sometimes when I message an ebay seller/Ruby Lane/etc asking for earshots they message me back that there is a return policy so I can return it if I don't like it. Whaaaat??? That's crazy. That's my cue to move on if I get that response. Fortunately most of them send me the earshots I request but every now and then I get that response that I can just return it if I don't like it. Umm can we talk about that being a ridiculous way to conduct business. :???:

Sharon, how is your nephew doing? I am hoping he is recovering well and that it was not too bad of an injury. Keeping him in my thoughts and sending healing vibes his way.

Kristie, yes he does look all grumpykins when first waking up (just like his mommy!). Love that word and hope you don't mind if I start incorporating it into my everyday speech. As in the clinic chief was all grumpykins when dealing with the EMR malfunctioning. Haha that is too nice a word to use when referring to him actually so scratch that. I'll stick with using it on those I love as it is a lovable term.

I agree with you about Jimmianne being a cool chick. Haha diamonds and tractors. The perfect combination. Cool with power. But the ponies especially get me. Well them and Puff. I love Puff!

Thanks for the auction info. I never bought anything at auction. I am way too cautious and afraid to take chances but oh I know you can get an awesome deal if you are willing to take the risk! My friend got her OEC at auction many many years ago. I think I wrote about it here. Her diamond ER was stolen from her house and her dh hired someone to get this ring for her at a Christie's Auction I believe. Or was it Sotheby's? It was one of those auction houses. And she got it! It's a lovely ring and I drooled over it all the time as I saw her every week at work. She has since retired though so I must plan a lunch we can go to so I can see her ring again. Though truth be told I miss her way more than her ring.

Ooh looking forward to the pic of this wedding band you got at Christie's Kristie. Haha Christie's Kristie. Meant to be. :bigsmile:

Tourmaline, I love Kristie's suggestion for the "magic" ticket. Hope you are scheduling that massage you deserve! I only had a professional massage once in my life at Bliss Spa in Soho. It was nice but not something I ever did again. Even though it was a Swedish massage I still felt sore for a few days afterwards. I am sure that is not the normal response. I bruise way too easily so I will stick to my dh giving me shoulder and back casual massages for now. Though I always love the way the idea of a massage sounds. Hope you enjoy yours if you decide to get one!

Phanie, I LOVE Vivi. She is so beautiful and thank you for sharing it here with us. :love:
And OMG on living so close to Erica! I LOVE her jewelry. She has amazing taste. I was sad when Grace and Erica separated but then I realized double the inventory as both these women have impeccable taste when it comes to jewelry. :love: Ooh I so wish I lived closer to them. You are so lucky and thank you for that generous offer of visiting any jewelry we might be interested in...that is so nice of you and well one of us might take you up on that one day. I imagine that might not be too tough a task LOL.

Looking forward to hearing more about you.

Ovi, what a huge relief your eye is fine! I was concerned and thank you for letting us know you are A-OK. Yes our furbabies never mean to hurt us but it happens. Glad you are fine.

I know what you mean about trying to keep up here lol. Enjoy your day today Ovi and hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Have a great day NIRDis and (((Hugs))). :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie,
I :love: your ring! AND the flowery facet pattern. You are so lucky to be near The Source of Great Sparkly Things!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of odd sellers online - high end seller...I asked for cert info on a stone and upgrade policy.
Said they did not cert stones because their buyers buy for the beauty of the stone & don't care about a cert... and NO upgrade policy because it would send the wrong message, i.e., that one would ever want anything else. They were quite proud that they could undersell for PS vendors who "charge more for special services". [yes, "Special" like: multiple photos, videos, specs, certs and an upgrade policy]

One more shot before I put away the toys for the morning. I don't know why it looks blue today - maybe the sky.
WIll catch up later!
abc_9.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thanks for the support - I won't lie, I needed to hear that lol! I agree that ear shots for earring would be extremely helpful. Another pet peeve - sellers who don't show the profile of the ring! What? That's one of the most important aspects of the ring, it really annoys me. I can't believe you get that kind of response from sellers. Seriously? They'd rather go through the hassle and frustration of a return rather than provide an extra pic? Ridiculous. I agree that's a cue to move on from that particular seller!

Jimmianne, the diamond is beautiful! Have you come to a decision yet?

Ovi, I'm so glad to hear your eye is ok! I am with you on finger coverage, it is really important to me. I guess I just like a large look on the hand - I'm perfectly fine with a small and delicate look for earrings and pendants, but for some reason I like big rings! The main reason I'm disappointed with a ring I purchased at Christmas is it doesn't give me enough finger coverage - it just seems to get lost on my hand.

Kristie, thanks for the suggestion of auctions! It's an intriguing idea and it seems like you can get good deal, I do love a good deal haha - I'm tempted!

I feel like an idiot, but I can't find those two diamonds you mentioned. Are you referring to Love Affair Diamonds?

Tourmaline, I love Kristie's magic ticket idea - Make 'em all winners for at least one day, they have the rest of their lives to find out you don't always win in life lol. And yeah, make your son the first winner, it's his birthday! :D

Marcy, don't know if I said this already, but I'm sorry you're dealing with that whole accident issue - what a pain - I hope it's straightened out quickly.

Sharon, good to hear from you! How is your nephew doing?

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne THUD... That's my head hitting my tablet!
Good god! How are you able to not wear it, how terrible is it to not have it mounted yet?
That picture just made my day (just woke up, it us the quiet hour where the kids are not yet up and the rat race is just lurking).
Darn it cannot find that meme "I lick it it is mine", probably on saved on my phone.
Yes I am a "totally not savy with tech" kinda gal.
I should have time today to share my life dramas (quite a bit is piling on right now).

Of course this gets posted after the rat race! 2 hours and a half after I started writing it. :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Junebug! I just went back to get a link to those two diamonds and they are GONE. Must have sold. We need not worry, there will be more!! I hope you're having a good day today, you have your trip coming up, something fun to look forward to. When I was in San Antonio, the people I came across were the most polite people, it really did seem like Southern graciousness. Everywhere I went, very polite.

Missy, the only correct advice my mother ever gave Bob (and my first husband too) was "Don't wake her up!" IT'S TRUE TOO!!! I have so many sleep issues that once I do get to sleep I super do not appreciate anyone waking me up before I'm darned good and ready.

Ovi, I hope you are healing up fast! That Sapphie, she needs to be careful with her 'kitten!' Check back in and let us know how its coming along. I hope you are a quick healer!

The other night Bob and I were weed whacking Maggie's paw pads (she is a super furry dog and we have to trim the hair that grows between and around her paw pads) which she super hate :angryfire: She whipped a paw around and Bob received a tidy left hook into the upper lip! He had a fat lip for about 24 hours and Maggie trotted off looking pretty pleased with herself!

We are into the upper 80s already, 88 and 89. We got the pool ready to go last weekend.

Callie, are you off dress wrangling today?

Marcy, are you feeling spring on the way? I hope Hertz gets their $#it together on the car rental/wreck thing. That is infuriating.

Jimmieanne, I'm guessing you are busy today, busy hugging Paddy (your Kubota tractor) and watching the light play in the OEC---not a bad way to spend time at ALL :bigsmile:

I'll be back shortly with pics of Kristie's Christie's diamond band and an old diamond ring my grandmother claims APPEARED one day in her bedroom just out of nowhere. She and my grandfather thought it may have come in through their window (not possible, it was screened). However it got there, its a pretty pretty ring that my mother did not like so I got it! Its got a round diamond about 50 carats, maybe a bit more, I measured it in the setting and then went online for comparisons. Its in a filigree setting. I had it appraised once in an effort to find out about it but the guy said nothing about it of interest.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie|1426091657|3845582 said:
Jimmianne THUD... That's my head hitting my tablet!
Good god! How are you able to not wear it, how terrible is it to not have it mounted yet?
That picture just made my day (just woke up, it us the quiet hour where the kids are not yet up and the rat race is just lurking).
Darn it cannot find that meme "I lick it it is mine", probably on saved on my phone.
Yes I am a "totally not savy with tech" kinda gal.
I should have time today to share my life dramas (quite a bit is piling on right now).

Of course this gets posted after the rat race! 2 hours and a half after I started writing it. :lol:

OMG I LOVE THAT: I lick it, it is MINE!

My dogs certainly ascribe to this! :shock:

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne It is a chance and a curse to live close by Erica. The temptations are huge. I already succumbed to them. Not that I have a bling budget ( need to find a way to make it an official thing :angel: ; after all my hubs had/has a huge car budget and by the time I get to even spend 10% of that this year I'll be rubbing my hands in delight).
The good thing with Erica is she is the sweetest seller ever. Giving you opportunities but never pushy.

To answer to Azstonie, my nickname cracks you up : it is short for Stephanie and when I moved to the US , it took me while to know that it means "behind"(darn second language slang!). Maybe I should switch to Tagada ( one of my favorite French candy). I know it is super funny but I still like it and heck, at least it is a memorable one! Also only my super close family calls me this, I miss them dearly so when I signed up here, it was just me using my childhood nickname. I love that it has such a double meaning for me : the sweet connotation of childhood for my family part of life and my French life and the naughty/funny for the US life.

Otherwise, I am a full time mom and wife (sometimes I'd like a break), part time PACU RN, PTA treasurer (yeah, I am a sucker); 3 special kiddos (2e), one dog , one grumpy 17 years old cat and a 14 weeks old kitten, 3 hens. On FMLA right now, due to a car accident 2 weeks ago and I am grumbling.
Found Pricescope a year and a half ago, which saved me from thinking I had to buy a MRB.
I am so delighted at how this community is warm and welcoming.
I need the warmth right now.
Life is always full of events, even when I think things are calming down , bam stuff happen.
Mondays are cursed lately.
But the kitten just keeps me cheered up. No way I can keep being sad when I see her.
See?

img_20150308_182049_2.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah Kristie, you make me laugh - "However it got there" lol! Looking forward to seeing both rings!

Aww Phanie, l love the sweet kitten pic! :love: You're right, these precious little things are very comforting. You certainly lead a very busy life! I hope you get a little time for yourself once in a while. Really sorry to hear about the car accident, I hope you weren't seriously hurt and you're feeling ok.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
OK a better pic of kitty( with no horrible background, I am terrible)

img_20150311_0.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, how adorable! :love: I hope you don't mind, I just rotated the pic. Some people are having problems with their pics being upside down or sideways.

img_20150311_1.jpg

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! No idea why my pic uploaded upside down.
Otherwise here

_27827.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear NIRDIs:

Here we go. One filigree diamond ring, half carat by measurement/estimation. No culet, really just a point.
One diamond band, 11 princess cuts illusion set, 22 rounds that I'm guessing are single cuts, beat set I think.

Here we go.

sam_1418.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I hope everyone is having a good day! I'm off to go baby clothes shopping with my niece in a few minutes so I will write more later,

Phanie, If it helps we can call you Tagada when you are having a bad day. I love your ring, the diamond, the setting, the finger coverage, EVERTHING! I hope you and Tourmaline are starting to feel at home here and continue to come back. Trust me you will always be entertained, we have Kristie, Missy, Jimmieanne and Marcy who are wonderful for bringing a smile to everyone's face with their quick wit and sense of humor. Junebug, OV and Missy are wonderful for that hug when you need it most (the others girls are also wonderful at this as well). Kristie and Missy have dried my tears and gotten me to see reality instead of my darkest fear on a few occasions. My husband has even joked that he will tell me something 5 times and I won't listen but if Kristie or Missy make the same comment I believe it. I truly consider this a soft place to land when you need it and can't imagine a more supportive group of women. I love these girls and wouldn't trade any of them! I'm sure you and Tourmeline will feel the way in time.

Missy, I hope you have a happy story about work today. I don't believe the universe is trying to tell you anything other than we all have bad days once in a while. Remember your wonderful patients.

Jimmianne, Which way are you leaning? Is this beauty a keeper? I sure hope you can help me when the time comes. I have a lot of work to do on my husband before that can happen.

Kristie, Your posts have me laughing out loud. You have no idea how many of your witty lines I have read to my husband. He loved Bob's tractor and diamond comment. He did say he wishes my love of diamonds would start to die off a little. Something this small should not cost so much money! Thank you for your wonderful advise about my friend.

Junebug, How are leaning now? Are you giving it a rest a bit until you exactly is going to make you happy? How is your mom doing this week.

OV, Good luck tomorrow. You know you are doing the right things and I'm in your corner! I know how wonderful you are. Don't let anyone make you doubt that!

Tourmaline, I hope your doing well, and beginning to feel at home here. What I wrote to Phanie is also meant for you?

Like OV, I also have to go back and read all the posts from the past few days. I am so behind here. Really, really behind.
Hey Jimmianne, Can I please have the spreadsheet back!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone's in the mood for pics this morning.

sam_1416.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This shows the filigree on the top and bottom

sam_1415.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unstoppable with the pics!

sam_1408.jpg

azstonie