shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Phanie, I am so sorry you are in a lot of pain today! :cry: Did you take any pain meds? Do they help at all? I am glad your sweet kitty is keeping you company and giving you lots of cuddles and love. (((Hugs))).

Tourmaline, I am so sorry for all you have been through and I had no idea it could affect one's reproductive abilities! Ob/gyns should discuss this with their patients trying to conceive just because I am sure lots of people have no clue. I don't know how old you are and it is such a personal decision but just know I am keeping you in my thought and sending hugs your way. I know your son's birthday party will be a huge success and everyone will enjoy themselves. You are a great mom!

Ovi, I love those names you gave your heart ring and pendant. Liberty and Sunstorm. Lovely!
I don't think I remember you having a kitten here in the states. What's her name and where is she staying?

I hope your mom is OK and that it turns out to be nothing. And same for sweet Sapphie. (((Hugs))).

Kristie, I wear my jewelry wherever I want. It doesn't have to be a fancy occasion or place for me to enjoy my bling. I see we are all similar that way. Otherwise what's the point. No need to save for a "special" occasion because every day is special! Or at least I want it to be. I still take all my jewelry off the second I walk in the door though as I prefer being unencumbered at home by anything (haha just read the True Confession thread-In door, jewelry off, bra off LOL).

I'm happy that Greg doesn't feel diamonds are a waste because he knows I enjoy them. He is very respectful that way. Even if he doesn't care for something if I do it matters to him and vice versa. I am glad Bob sees things your way now and so happy you are getting exactly what you want with the added bonus of having Bob go gem hunting with you. :appl: I think your spess project will turn out beautifully despite the tenuous start. I am surprised if Andrew has not yet contacted you though.

Your grandparents were wonderful and I love that story of how the ring just appeared LOL. Maybe if we wish real hard the same will happen to us haha. 8)
And very glad your mom gave you the ring. Miracles can happen. :appl:

Jimmianne, any new ideas for setting your beauty? Puff has great taste so perhaps he can give you some ideas too. Just don't let him too near the ring because I know he can be a bit jealous and well if he is anything like Francesca he might try to get his little claws on it so be careful. :cheeky:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie, how are you? This may be a tough night, but tomorrow or the next day should be better, I hope.
I saw that pretty pretty kitty and forgot everything else. What a face. I hope she is being a good nurse.

My DH thought I had a loose screw because I loved bling so much. This was about a million years before PS - I would stand in a sunny window mesmerized by my engagement ring blathering about beauty and wholeness and perfection. He didn't get it At All. I thought I was kind of odd too. Not true! Just had not found My Tribe yet. Yay PS!
There must be some going on with men and sparklies . Why is it that so many women love adornment and so many men don't? But maybe it's best this way - what if they wanted to spend all the jewelry $$ on themselves?!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmieanne, you bumped this thread to page 100!!!

:appl: :appl: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :love: :love: :sun: :bigsmile: :mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1426197659|3846248 said:

:appl: :appl: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :love: :love: :sun: :bigsmile: :mrgreen:

:appl: :appl: :appl: Happy 100 NIRDIs!!!

Somehow the time (9 months can you believe it) just flew by and that had everything to do with the company and support and love from all you girls! (((HUGS))) all around!

happy-100-pages.gif

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is funnier than you know! Not only funnier, but Congratulations, Azstonie!!!
You are the first NIRD to post on the 100th page -[aside from me, and I don't count here lol].

Last week when I could see that we were getting close to 100 I thought it would be fun to do something to celebrate.
So when I was buying a ring box for myself, Puff, who was sitting on my shoulder, leaned in and whispered that he & I should give the first poster on the 100th page a ring box too.
And that's you!

I've been plotting with "Mrs.Box" and they know a NIRD is going to contact them. I have a certificate # for the ring box and you just have to pick out your color and they will send it to you. I have to call them now and get the #, so I'll tell you later.
YAY!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1426198009|3846252 said:

Somehow the time (9 months can you believe it) just flew by and that had everything to do with the company and support and love from all you girls! (((HUGS))) all around!

Hail to the Queen NIRD for starting the ride! :appl: :appl: :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
man, I've been watching this thread all day.
That is the longest 99th page I have ever seen :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1426198364|3846256 said:

This is funnier than you know! Not only funnier, but Congratulations, Azstonie!!!
You are the first NIRD to post on the 100th page -[aside from me, and I don't count here lol].

Last week when I could see that we were getting close to 100 I thought it would be fun to do something to celebrate.
So when I was buying a ring box for myself, Puff, who was sitting on my shoulder, leaned in and whispered that he & I should give the first poster on the 100th page a ring box too.
And that's you!

I've been plotting with "Mrs.Box" and they know a NIRD is going to contact them. I have a certificate # for the ring box and you just have to pick out your color and they will send it to you. I have to call them now and get the #, so I'll tell you later.
YAY!!!

YAY!!!!

Haha when I saw you bumped this to page 100 Jimmianne I couldn't stop laughing. LOL. :bigsmile:

Ooh Kristie is going to be a happy NIRDI! And very very deserving! :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1426198481|3846259 said:
missy|1426198009|3846252 said:

Hail to the Queen NIRD for starting the ride! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LOL I can honestly say that was one ride I could have done without (quite literally) but it turned out better than I could have ever imagined meeting all you wonderful women. They say things happen for a reason and I honestly believe that a big part of the reason all this happened to me was so I could meet some amazing people I would not otherwise have gotten to know so well. Biggest hugs to you all. And Jimmianne you are such a sweetheart!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1426198535|3846260 said:
man, I've been watching this thread all day.
That is the longest 99th page I have ever seen :lol:

Hahaha I can imagine. At work all day I kept thinking ooh who's it gonna be and then I get home and I see it has a post to go so I post knowing the next person will be IT. But then you are the next person who posted LOL and I almost fell out of the chair laughing so hard. Thanks for that because it felt good to laugh yes it did. :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No!!!!

Moi????????

I.
Love.
Ring boxes!!!!!!!!

The pear diamond ring came in the measliest piece of cardboard and foam! I can't wait to give it a new home!!!

Jimmianne, just remember I said you were adorably pretty and fashionable before page 100 hit :angel:

Thank you so so so much!!! And thanks to Pretty Puff too!!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yeepee Happy 100th!!! Hahaha this was better than waiting for the New Year to arrive, definitely a lot better. I would have joined in the celebration much sooner if I had not had problems with PS. Now I am back I hope. Hooray! I had serious withdrawal symptoms.

Missy my kitten in the US is already over 6 months and she was going to be my blue kitten, perhaps a bride for Vinnie for just this one time, well, the second for him ever so I can fix him because though he had been a very good boy, he is not with spring coming. I want him to be able to remain his normal sweet self which he is but he cannot run lose in the house right now and that is not only because of Sapphie but that he would need pants. So he has his suite, sigh. I may just fix him and forget about my ideas as I probably feel better about that at the moment. The blue kitten in the US is Sancy, this is her call name, of course a famous diamond, and her registered name is Renaissance.

Kristie, of course we spend a lot of money, after all we are girls.:))) My dad used to say that all the money in the world would not be enough for me ROFL. Well, I do get worried sometimes about myself in this regard but seriously I have been much better than I used to be, except, sigh, now instead buying all these bags and shoes it is bling that costs a lot more but I have a good excuse as you know.

I am not sure that all guys dislike jewelry, some love them and some have refined taste. I always think it is easier and harder to be a guy and work as a goldsmith or anything in the trade because firstly, it is easier since you do not want to keep anything and secondly I do not understand how they can have the same passion we do.:))) Ok, neither is fully true, I know diamond cutters that are attached to their stones, I also know a goldsmith that said he would wear anything and everything even though he is not feminine otherwise, he just loves his work and the stones and jewelry.

Missy, I am the same way, I come home and the bling goes in the ultrasonic for its night time bath. Bra off and pj-s or a summer dress on depending on the weather, hate this cold weather, how I love summer and wearing little dresses even at home.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Girls, maybe this is why we had such a problem posting? I even got some empty messages, I was trying desperately and did not realize the problem could be due to going to page 100, guess it was not my lucky day, again, ROFL.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1426199509|3846270 said:
No!!!!

Moi????????

I.
Love.
Ring boxes!!!!!!!!

The pear diamond ring came in the measliest piece of cardboard and foam! I can't wait to give it a new home!!!

Jimmianne, just remember I said you were adorably pretty and fashionable before page 100 hit :angel:

Thank you so so so much!!! And thanks to Pretty Puff too!!!
LOL
of course, you are angelic.

You should receive the information. If you don't, let me know.

YAY!!! again :appl: :appl: :appl:

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
rgh just lost a super long post that took me forever to write.
Hard to do with my darn whiplash and WAD3
So yes my kitten is a Bengal. Magnificent but a little demon non the less! She is teething already lost three and bit me in the fat of the upper arm today. She was the only one in this litter and a"pet" quality not show ( did not matter to us as long as she was not a marbled one. ) She got us in less than five minutes and I knew my hubs would just get her when we got her 2 week old mug shot.
My day has been crappy and I just got a letter from my claim adjuster that they are not going to cover massage. Of course they are closed and have wait for tomorrow to know why. Argh!
I think I popped a rib yesterday after adjustment. Let's fill up on meds tonight.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie,

you are in the thick of it!! So sorry you are.
I just noticed that this is your 100th post...is that to celebrate the 100th page of this thread? LOL

I'll be looking forward to your post in the morning to find out how you are doing. I hope you get some sleep. My neighbor use to say that she visualized guardian angels standing at each of the 4 corners of her bed to help her sleep : )
Maybe that and a bunch of pain meds will help you get the rest you need to start healing.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I haven't popped in here since last night and I am sooooo far behind. I haven't read thru all the posts but hope to do so tonight.

Hi Missy, I hope you had a good day work today. Do you have any plans for tomorrow before the colder weather hits? Do you and Greg have any plans for the weekend. My friend found a dress today! It's bought, paid for and the search is over. Best of all she is very happy! I'm having a fun night my husband is on a conference call. Fun! I really should not complain, at least he's home!

OV, I'm so sorry about your mom and Sapphie not feeling well. Do you know how long she will have to wait for the test results? I'm praying the tests come back fine so you can relax. I know how worried about her you have been lately. Hopefully you will get to visit her soon. I know how difficult it is for you not being able to see her as often as you would like. It sounds like you have a good plan for Sapphie. I love the name Liberty for your new ring. Extremely fitting for such a beauty and your new found independence.

Jimmianne, You are beautiful and have the prettiest eyes! Im so happy you decided to keep this gorgeous diamond. Have you made any decisions on the setting? Thank you for bringing us on your OEC hunt. It has been a hard week. My brother had a biopsy and we have been waiting for the results. Your diamond hunt has been the best diversion. I see it as a godsend! Thank you so much for taking us on this thrilling ride with you.

Kristie, it sounds like our husbands feel the same way about diamonds. At least it's nothing new for him. His mom was also obsessed with them. Just walking outside is reason enough to wear your diamonds. I only wear mine when I'm dressed up so I look for any excuse to dress up. I get dressed up to go shopping! The Bridal Shop had the best lighting for diamonds. Seriously the best! I got to sit and look at my ring for hours today. You know the lighting is good when people notice your ring from across the room LOL! My friend bought her dress today and she is thrilled with it. The search is now over! Bob's comment about stapling 100 to your clothes made name laugh. I hear similar comments a weekly basis. Our husbands would get along great. They have the same sense of humor!

tourmaline, The eggs for your son sound like they turned out wonderful. It was also nice that your other children got to help make them for him.

Phanie, Your fur baby is beautiful. Thank you for posting pictures. I'm sorry you are in pain. Don't feel bad about being in your bathrobe. I'm sitting here in a ratty bathrobe my husband has threatened to burn numerous occasions.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I just now saw your press on nails in the nail polish thread. They look so real! I couldn't believe they were press on's. Was the red nail in the picture with your new diamond in this thread a press on nail? How long do they stay on? Are they easy to take off?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! 100 Pages – wow we talk a LOT! Kristie congratulations on winning a prize from Jimmianne.

Callie, ice cream is certainly a delicious way to improve anyone’s day. I am sure you had a great time buying baby clothes for your cute little niece. It’s fun to spoil our family. Glad to hear your found the MOB dress today. I think every family has at least one person who will cause problems no matter what the situation might be. I don’t envy you dealing with that many siblings and stepsiblings some day. My sisters behaved better than I anticipated but I sure worried about our initial “I want this” meeting and was prepared to take their keys and tell them fine that’s it; I’m not dealing with your crap. You’ll hear from me when I have a final check for you. Luckily that wasn’t necessary. Marty did talk to a manager or supervisor at Hertz and asked to be notified whether it was resolved or not. We’ll see how that turns out.

Missy, I don’t like heavy earrings either. I have small earlobes so my studs are usually 4 or 5 mm; pretty small. We were in the 50’s here today but had a chilly breeze. I am glad you had a good night’s sleep. I have not adjusted to the daylight savings time yet.

Jimmianne, how exciting you paid for your OEC. I love the picture you took with all those flashes of light. I will be anxious to see how you set it. It is really a beautiful diamond. Puff and you came up with a great prize for a NIRDI! It is nice that we have PS so we know there are others out there would love their bling.

Tourmaline, that’s great you made a project with the kids putting all the eggs together. I think your son will have a blast opening them and finding the hidden treasures inside.

Kristie, the box of dirty quartz sounds like a cool box of treasures. I am sure your spess is in good hands. That is kind of strange to have a ring appear but it was just destined to wind up on your hand. I think you should wear your jewelry anytime and any place you want.

Ovi, work wasn’t too bad today. One more day then I’ll be free for 2 days. I know you’ll have fun with your friends this weekend and shopping. I hate to hear your mom is only having a few tests; I hope she starts to feel better. I hope Sapphie feels better too. I am delighted your eye is okay.

Phanie, cute fur baby and beautiful 3 stone ring. I am sorry you are in pain today.

Marty met me for lunch today. I made beef stroganoff out of leftover roast tonight and we have more than enough for lunch tomorrow.

Marty is working tonight too, Callie. He’s current projects are Romania again, Brazil and Argentina. I have no idea if he’s heading off to any of them soon.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, Congrats on your win!!!!!! Those ring boxes are just prettiest!

Jimmianne, That was so sweet of you!

I can't believe we are at 100 pages. WOW

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, Do you think Marty will have to be traveling to the countries you mentioned? I know Brazil had some dangerous cities. When I was working I was told that I would need to contact our security department if I booked flights for anyone going there. I only sent one person and he refused having a security person with him in Brazil. He had no problems. My nephew also spent a summer in Brazil when he was in college. He also had no problems.

When my husband went into his office for the conference call. I told him he better work hard. He has future diamonds to buy! That went over well.

OV, When are your friends arriving? You are going to have such a fun weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Phanie, I am so sorry you are in pain. As Jimmianne wrote you are right in the worst of it and your pain will diminish but now it is bad. What are you taking for it? The best advice I can give you is to stay on top of those pain meds because it is harder to get it under control once it takes firm hold. And to make sure you eat something with it and if it causes you to become nauseous take an anti-nausea pill with it.

Your Bengal kitten is precious. When you have the energy and time and if you are feeling up to it I would love to hear about her personality. I know nothing about Bengals except how beautiful they are.

As for losing long posts I think we have all been there and done that unfortunately. What I do now (as my morning posts here to you girls are always pretty long since I try responding to everyone) is I copy and paste my longer posts here to my email before I hit send so if I lose it I have it in my email. I only started doing that after a lost a couple of really long posts. Just an idea. And of course since I started doing that I haven't lost any more posts haha. But that's fine with me. Murphy's Law and all. If I stopped copying and pasting the long ones I would lose another post again I am sure of that. LOL.

Hugs to you and I hope you had a good night's sleep. Hopefully you can straighten out the massage issue today with the claim adjuster. Insurance companies are so frustrating. :nono:

Ovi, where is Sancy in the US? Is she with a breeder? Do you have any pictures of her-I would love to see pics if you had them.

How is Sapphie this morning and how is your mom doing? Keeping them both in my thoughts and prayers. You and your mom have been through so much dear Ovi. Sending good vibes and hugs your way as always.

HA, you are so good about cleaning your diamonds. In that respect I am a bad PSer. I used to clean them occasionally (sort of perhaps once a month :oops: ) in an ultrasonic but it broke well over a year or 2 ago and since then I clean my ring with a toothbrush and soap for a few seconds about once a week and I don't do a very thorough job. :oops: I wanted to get another ultrasonic but Greg was right. I hardly used it when I had it and then it broke so doesn't seem to make too much sense to get another. Ame recommended a good cleaning system to me but now of course I have forgotten what that is. Cleaner diamonds are really a must and I want to start keeping my ring cleaner. Do you have any recommendations to what I can get to keep them clean without buying an expensive system?

What are your weekend plans? Marcy and Callie mentioned something about you going shopping with girlfriends. Please share as that sounds like much fun! Are you shopping for anything in particular?

Callie, I am sure you are quite relieved about your friend finally getting the MOB dress of her dreams LOL. And now hopefully she can relax and enjoy the whole affair and not be stressed as much. What color is the dress and when is the wedding?

Not sure about our weekend plans as it is supposed to be a not so nice weather weekend but we might take a tri to the beach house one of the days because Julio (our general contractor though for some reason I always call him our handyman because he is so handy LOL) finished repainting the living room with the different (and lighter) color we chose and I would like to check it out. Though if I don't love it I do not see having him redo it right now as this is starting to get out of control. Repainting with a different color and wasting all that money again. Painters even ones who are general contractors are not inexpensive LOL.

I love Julio though as he does so many things and does them well. He redid our stone work in the backyard after Sandy, helped rebuild our deck after Sandy and replanted our backyard twice after it was destroyed. He did our drainage project in our basement, some of our landscaping though we do have a gardener Julio replanted our trees after Sandy destroyed them all. He was the original guy who did our backyard when the previous owners lived there and we kept him on when we moved there. He is amazing and he brings his wife lots of the time and she is lovely too. Thank goodness for people you can rely on when you are handling matters remotely yanno?

Marcy, how are you? I feel that you haven't been your normal happy self (if I got it all wrong I apologize) and I am concerned and hoping everything is OK. I am sure you are missing your parents with all this estate business you cannot help but having so many feelings flowing about missing them. Know I am thinking of you and sending you the biggest hugs.

Meeting Marty as often as you do for dinners and lunches are so nice. We don't do that anymore in the middle of the week like we used to do when we were dating.
I love that you guys do that as it is so romantic.

I hope that car accident nonsense gets wrapped up soon and easily. I don't even get how many months later someone can make this accusation. I seem to remember that after a car accident you have to report it within a reasonably short time, no? And same with the insurance company. IDK, the whole thing seems crazy to me. And I just hope it gets resolved ASAP already. You don't need this hanging over your heads.

Yes, I'm with you and Callie. I much prefer business to take place at or near home vs different countries. Long may that continue for everyone and their dhs. And when Marty has to travel again may it be for short business trips only!

Kristie, YAY! You had an exciting evening last night. I think your gorgeous pear will be perfectly at home in your new ring box from Jimmianne! Please post lots of pics when it arrives because well you know how much we love the pics. Does Bob think we are crazy? Haha don't answer I know the answer to that question. 8-)

How is Finnie boy and HRH Maggie? Is he doing well? I am hoping he is not dealing with much discomfort. It amazes me how you get the Wobenzyme into him. Those are big pills. Sending Finn lots of feel good dust and healing vibes and hugs from his Aunt Missy.

Check this out Kristie...what do you think? :love:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bonhams-gems-minerals-and-lapidary-works-of-art.211450/#post-3846512#p3846512']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bonhams-gems-minerals-and-lapidary-works-of-art.211450/#post-3846512#p3846512[/URL]

Jimmianne, how is your OEC doing? Is she surprising you with any new facets (haha get it) of her charming and chunky personality? The light glow from within her is amazing and the colors coming out of her just gorgeous. Do you have any new ideas re setting? I am going to visit your setting thread as soon as I finish posting here. And most importantly how is dear Puff taking you being enamored by this new object of your affection. Is he handling it well or is he very jealous? Just remember to give him extra love and attention so he doesn't get violent again. I am thinking that love bite had more to do with being jealous you were giving all your attention to your OEC. Did you name her Ms Shy or is another name in the works?

If you need to focus all your energy on Ms Shy for a while I completely understand and perhaps you want to send Puff my way so I can babysit him? Out of the goodness of my heart of course I am willing to do that for you. :halo: OK OK I know you would not part with Puff for one instant but know I am here to babysit if you change your mind! :cheeky:

Quick question. Callie reminded me of it when she wrote about your press on nails. Can you give me the name of them again and I know you already did but I forgot and never had a chance to check it out. They look great on you and I am interested in trying them for special occasions perhaps. Thanks!

And I just want to thank you again Jimmianne for that wonderful and generous idea and gift to the 100th page poster. You are such a sweetheart and we all love you here and it has nothing to do with the ring box. But just wanted to say thank you again. Such a lovely and nice thing to do!

Have a good morning NIRDIs!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie and Missy,

the nails are called imPRESS. The first set I wore were very sturdy and long lasting. p1130085.jpg
The red set was very floppy and got damaged within minutes, so I don't know what happened there.
I think however they are worth a try for fun! I just googled Amazon - they carry many colors with good reviews.

edit: oh - I wanted to mention that after trying every trick & machine to get the cleanest diamond I ended up with soaking them in Dawn in warm water - overnight if possible. It is a degreaser and works almost as well as a clean at the jewelers.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom - how long have you been running?
It's impressive that you do marathons and would like to know more about it. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info again Jimmianne. I just ordered a set on Amazon and hope it is the dark color it looked like it is on the website. I checked a few different sites but most of them had lighter colors or prints and I am looking for a dark set so I ordered what looks like dark color. Hard to tell for sure. And they threw in a few decorative designs too though I am doubtful I will be trying those LOL. Worth a try because the price is right. :bigsmile:

And thanks for the diamond cleaning rec. I am going to do that overnight and see if that is an easy way to keep my OEC sparkly clean. Anything easy I can do and keep doing. :appl:

910mizhv0tl.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi my NIRDIs,

Good morning to everyone. Nice to be able to wake up and be able to post as I am home. I have to say that I am in a crappy mood as my friend cancelled the weekend. They want to come next weekend instead but I am not so sure that will work. My friend got sick and also loaded with lots of work but I also know that this happens to her a lot and to be honest I felt that it would happen somehow. That is ok but I always have a great time with her. It will get better. It is not like I do not have a lot to do and said yesterday to someone that another weekend would work out better.

Jimmianne, I love nails but I get mine done, generally just change the gel polish every two weeks and sometimes I also wear a very thin porcelain layer underneath. Right now my nails are vivid orange:))) I loved the color for spring. I am also wearing orange on my toe nails.I love everything coral and orange, not straight red but an orangey red, these are my faves as far as color.

You are right about dish soap and yes jewelers use that too. I use Jar in my ultrasonic and we use Jar in the ultrasonic at work too. It works at least as well as professional cleaning liquids and those can be very toxic. My goldsmith uses something like a baking soda mix. I tried that and it works well too but Jar seems to be the best of all dishsoaps for degreasing, do you have it over there? A toothbrush is ok but the best idea is to get an inexpensive ultrasonic for daily use and use the dishsoap in that. I just got a new machine and it only cost 35 Euros. I got that last week as my old one broke. I prefer these for daily use. I did get a professional one but not a heavy duty one. I do not like heavy duty ones for daily use and had a bad experience with one at work knocking stones out. Well, those were not my pieces and of course the settings may not have been done that well, nevertheless it knocked stones out of at least 3 pieces I cleaned at work. It may have been the workmanship on those as I said but I now only use the simple machines daily. The toothbrush method is ok but a toothbrush cannot reach all areas and somehow the results with a simple ultrasonic are better. Diamonds definitely need very frequent cleanings but I also noticed that the gold greatly benefits from that as well. Somehow unplated gold seems matte and blackish when not cleaned and it sparkles after it comes out of the ultrasonic.

Jimmianne now I want to know more about your ring and will also visit your setting thread as I missed all the info on your stone when I was busy. I want to know all about it. BTW, yes everyone is right you do have amazingly beautiful eyes.

Missy, it is nice to join you for our morning coffee. I have been here but for whatever reason I feel extremely tired and down. It is one of those days and I actually slept more than I have in weeks, that could be the reason. I am sure my hormones and my friends not coming have something to do with that. It will be better by the evening I am sure.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - :appl: Have fun! The little designs they include look like great props for a hand-shot photo shoot : )
I'm going out to breakfast with a good friend. I know I'll have Joy with me, but will I take her out of the pouch to show her off?
When we had lunch with another friend last week, their eyes glazed over and they changed the subject [politely of course] when I showed them a video of that first stunning OEC.
This is why I need you and the fellow NIRDS :lol:
Are we NIRDs or NIRDIs. I've been spelling it wrong. Is it better to be a NIRD or just NIRDI
I may engrave this on the inside of my setting [when it gets picked out], because I feel as though NIR HAVE DI!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, is that her name? Joy? I love that name for her. She is a real JOY to behold and I know she will bring you much joy and happiness! :appl:

I think we are calling ourselves NIRDIs for Now I Really Did It...NIRDI(s).

Have fun at breakfast and definitely show Joy off to your friend! Even if someone is not a diamond/bling lover one can appreciate their beauty especially if just for a moment or 2! Though I bet she appreciates Joy for longer than just a moment. :love:

Haha, yes, the NIR certainly have the DI. :lol:

Good morning Ovi. I am glad you got some extra rest this morning but sorry you are feeling a bit down.

That's disappointing that your friend cancelled on you this weekend. I hope she feels better soon. If next weekend doesn't work for you perhaps the weekend after that? Of course you are understandably disappointed but I know you will see her soon and will find something fun to do this weekend.

I hope you start feeling better soon Ovi and that your day turns out to be a good one! (((Hugs))).

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,

Missy and Jimmianne did you see what I posted about cleaning? Sometimes I am not so sure because I miss things all the time here and then say stupid things.:))) Missy, you can try Dawn, that is a great idea but I would use it in an ultrasonic. A gemologist friend who has a lab in Hungary actually microwaves things in Jar (or Dawn or whatever) but I have no idea how she can do that with metals, I will have to ask her ROFL. I am sticking to the ultrasonic with Jar.

I like the set you ordered Missy, very nice, do you not get your nails done usually? I think when getting it done it looks more natural to me than the pressons but these have their advantages too. They can be changed but they are likely not be stable on or natural looking. Sorry, perhaps I am biased.:)))

Yes, I am disappointed and not in the best mood but what can be done? I am tired and have a headache today anyhow. Everything happens for a reason, I did not feel like cleaning all day today and getting ready for guests. This way I have much more time to do it over the weekend but right now I still feel that a tractor ran over me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1426249990|3846543 said:
Hi,

Missy and Jimmianne did you see what I posted about cleaning? Sometimes I am not so sure because I miss things all the time here and then say stupid things.:))) Missy, you can try Dawn, that is a great idea but I would use it in an ultrasonic. A gemologist friend who has a lab in Hungary actually microwaves things in Jar (or Dawn or whatever) but I have no idea how she can do that with metals, I will have to ask her ROFL. I am sticking to the ultrasonic with Jar.

I like the set you ordered Missy, very nice, do you not get your nails done usually? I think when getting it done it looks more natural to me than the pressons but these have their advantages too. They can be changed but they are likely not be stable on or natural looking. Sorry, perhaps I am biased.:)))

Yes, I am disappointed and not in the best mood but what can be done? I am tired and have a headache today anyhow. Everything happens for a reason, I did not feel like cleaning all day today and getting ready for guests. This way I have much more time to do it over the weekend but right now I still feel that a tractor ran over me.

Hi Ovi, I saw that about the ultrasonic. It's just I haven't had good luck using one. Is there a specific model you recommend for ease of use and durability?

No I very rarely get manicures. Like once every few years if even that. I don't like polish on my fingernails as I must be allergic somehow as no matter the base coat I use polish turns my finger nails yellowish. Not a good look. PLUS, since I work with my hands the way I do and wash it dozens of times a day at least it tends to get chipped very soon. I abhor the look of chipped nail polish. I cannot tolerate it and the only way to manage that is not to wear polish LOL. That's why I was excited about Jimmianne's suggestion with this as it is a fun way to wear polish without having to wear polish. We'll see how I do with them.

I totally understand why you are feeling down and I hope your day turns around and you have good news and a happy day. Wish I lived closer so I could pop on over and cheer you up (((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results