carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy FriYAY!

@marcy I am so sorry about your BIL and thank goodness your SIL caught him so he didn't get hurt further by crashing onto the floor. Ugh about your dental appointment and not being fully anethestized. That is very painful and I am sorry you went through that ordeal. And double ugh to your doctor's office not giving you the results ahead of your visit. I am thinking so many good thoughts for you. Big hugs.

@canuk-gal oh no I am sorry for all the stress you are dealing with and I hear you on not wanting to be a patient. I hope everything works out and you do not have to be. May your symptoms resolve and may you start feeling 100%. Also thinking of your sister and hope she is recovering nicely. Glad you got to cycle and oy vey about the winds. It's incredibly windy here too. It was quite the cycling workout yesterday. And today the same winds, no wait, higher. LOL. But after today we are expecting five days of rain. Which we need but five days. We are going to be paying for all that nice weather we had. Of course I am keeping those affected by Hurricane Ian in my thoughts. I certainly am not complaining about our weather as we are safe and the weather relatively calm. Hoping everyone is OK and has weathered the storm and come through whole. Hurricanes are terrifying.

@mrs-b I am hoping you are feeling much better today. Continued well wishes to you and Tim. And big hugs

@bling_dream19 wonderful update and I am continuing to send you bucketloads of healing vibes. Also sending you hugs and lots of love. And happy FriYAY

@Austina yay your family is back home and again warmest wishes to everyone. What a happy occasion. Please hugs sweet Alyna from her NIRDI aunties. Glad you got your laundry fixed. We got home yesterday after cycling and as usual I did a wash of cycling clothes and I got out of the shower and our washing machine was flashing FE. And making a LOT of noise. I tried shutting it and it did shut off but the noise continued. So I found Greg out at the bike shed working on the bike and he came in and got the manual and long story short he got the noise to finally stop but I don't feel confident it's going to last for the long haul. I managed to do two loads after that but I guess time will tell. It's not that old but these things are no longer built to last. I think it's from 2007.

@MamaBee hope all is going well. And everyone is healthy and doing fine.

@Slickk woohoo it's FriYAY!!! Hope you are looking forward to a fun weekend.

Speaking of fun weekends
@springerspaniel hope you and your sweet hubby and furry babies are also planning a fun weekend ahead.

Hi everyone else. What a day yesterday. We had our water filter guy come back and replace the tank (we have a whole house water filter and we replace it ever 10-12 years) and then Jimmy arrived just as the water guy was leaving. And Jimmy insisted Greg take more money for the bike. LOL Greg did give him a fantastic price. Jimmy is over the moon with the bike and we are so happy he loves it. And then we were off cycling. And saw furry friends, human friends and enjoyed delicious ice cream. What more could anyone want? Looks like today is the last hurrah for cycling for a long while. And then midweek next week when it's supposed to finally clear I have doctor appointments at an inconvenient time. But oh well. Grateful for all the amazing cycling we have done this autumn so far and now we must take a break after today. So close to 7K...just four rides or so away from reaching that point.

Enjoy a fantastic FriYAY girls.
Much love and big hugs

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 6.17.58 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! So much news here!
I will be back later but just wanted to say we had a lot of commotion the last few days because there was buzz a new house was coming on the market in Virginia.. in an area where none come up for long periods of time. The house is four minutes from Scott. Yesterday..while my husband was playing golf with Chris..and I was visiting my mom at the nursing home with David..the house came up. The seller wants a quick closing with the open house today. OMG..I hugged my mother, grabbed David, contacted our realtor, set up a FaceTime with his assistant to show me the house, while my husband was blissfully playing golf unaware..By the time he finished golf and called me I told him to get home quickly…We were leaving for Maryland as soon as he got home…We have an appointment to see the house in person at 1:15..
Love to all..Wish us luck!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness @MamaBee wishing you so much good luck!!!! Sounds like this is meant to be and my fingers are crossed for you!!! Big ((((hugs))))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness @MamaBee wishing you so much good luck!!!! Sounds like this is meant to be and my fingers are crossed for you!!! Big ((((hugs))))
Thank you @missy! I hope it works out. The house is totally redone but originally built in 1956. My husband is concerned that some of the neighboring houses are the old, smaller, original houses…I would have cared when I was younger but not now. As long as
everything is done inside I would be happy. There are lots of questionable choices of finishes inside…like crazy modern tile designs in the bathrooms. I would want to tear those out. One bathroom has tile I wouldn’t have picked but would be okay as long as it isn’t the master bedroom bath. We’ll see..I hope we drive up and love it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

+ a billion! Look forward to the update!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a quick pop in..We’re on the road so I have to watch his driving..lol
We passed on the house. We almost did it but there were a few things that my husband didn’t like. He would have said okay for me..but I also want him happy with the house. Back to the drawing board..:cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick pop in..We’re on the road so I have to watch his driving..lol
We passed on the house. We almost did it but there were a few things that my husband didn’t like. He would have said okay for me..but I also want him happy with the house. Back to the drawing board..:cry2:

Aww I’m sorry Joanne. But, that’s ok…that wasn’t your house. Your house is still out there. Waiting for you.
❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww I’m sorry Joanne. But, that’s ok…that wasn’t your house. Your house is still out there. Waiting for you.
❤️

Thanks Missy..I’m actually glad now…We need to make sure it’s perfect.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I managed to score some nice pumpkins, cheap! I wanted the warty ones, but they were outside my budget. LOL. Went into the store to get pumpkins and came out with 200 bucks of groceries. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Started on my new meds, hope it works soon. I feel some epigastric pressure after eating sushi. Anyway. Same kind of weather day today--coolish. Went for a walk and the sun hid....came back in now it is sunny again. Had a nice chat with my neighbour. I appreciated that he was masked. He and I seem to be the only ones!! (my DH was in the store).

@MamaBee sorry the house didn't work out, but am confident you'll find something that will. No point settling.

@missy I hear ya on the scary weather. I feel silly when I complain, when others are in harms way. I know our cycling season will be at an end soon--so let's make the best of what's left! It is kinda funny your friend Jimmy waited until Oct to buy Greg's bike! Or maybe he will take it to Cali or something like that where there is no snow.

@marcy I hope your mouth is on the mend. And that your BIL is in good hands.

@Austina hope the bubs is settling in. Gosh I remember those days. Reading Jurassic Park while up at night feeding. I had to set a clock for every 3 hours as my babe was 4 pounds 12 ounces at birth (came a month early) and my Pediatrician was STRICT! LOL I got a lot of reading in.

@mrs-b hope you are feeling better. My sister tested -ve for Covid today and is much better, thanks.

Stay safe and well folks.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls from the very rainy stormy Jersey Shore. Listening to the pouring rain sounds very pretty but in the back of my mind I am concerned about flooding and power outages. LOL I can never just let my mind rest I guess. Happy Caturday Saturday.

@canuk-gal yes, exactly. So many dealing with the consequences of severe weather and it makes me feel I cannot complain about our weather. Though my dear friend who is a psychologist always tells me that I shouldn't feel that way. Our concerns and worries are real and we shouldn't compare to others as it doesn't matter. What we feel is what we feel and doesn't make our pain less. I am probably not explaining it well but she is a wise woman. In fact I owe her a call thanks for reminding me :)

Yay for your sister testing negative today. Great news. I hope she is feeling all better.

Speaking of feeling all better how are you feeling @mrs-b? Thinking of you and keeping good thoughts for you every day. Big hugs.

@MamaBee yes this house wasn't perfect for you. You will find the house you are meant to be in and it will be perfect for you. Of course there is no such thing as a perfect house but instead perfect for you and superficial changes are easy to make. The most important thing is are the bones of the house good. Haha all these years of watching House Hunter shows have finally paid off :lol:

@bling_dream19 happy Caturday Saturday sweet friend.

@Slickk woohoo it's the weekend. Hope you enjoy.

@marcy thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better each day and your tooth/gums are healing. And you get a good health update soon.

@Austina hope you are enjoying your new granddaughter and her momma is healing well and all is going smoothly.

Hi everyone else. We had a great ride yesterday and now we have a break of a good number of days. Then I have doctor appointments. But taking it all one day at a time. I hope everyone enjoys a super Caturday Saturday, Sending you big hugs and lots of love.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.16.26 AM.png

And in honor of Caturday Saturday leaving you with Fresca and Pepsi. LOL they are a riot.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.17.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.16.47 AM.png

As we cycled up the drive they looked at us as if to say why are you at our house and what are you doing here? :)
Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.17.30 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
07C7BCF6-D4FF-4EC6-B3F9-A1B8D795B786.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday lovelies

I thought I posted yesterday, but must‘ve forgotten :lol:

I’m a great believer in the right house coming along at the right time @MamaBee. There’ve been lots of times in the past, we saw houses, but they weren’t meant to be, then the right house came along shortly after. It’s a shame this one wasn’t for you, but I’m sure ‘your’ house is out there and waiting for you.

I’m sorry to hear your BIL has taken a turn for the worse @marcy, it’s a very difficult time for you all. I hope the results of your US turned out well, and yes, teeth can cause all sorts of problems, but it’s best to wait until everything settles before putting the crown on.

It’s pretty easy to spend $200 on groceries these days @canuk-gal without even trying! What are your plans for the pumpkins? Glad to hear your sister is feeling better, and I hope the new meds help settle your gastric issues.

How’re things with you and Tim @mrs-b, I hope you’re both on the mend and feeling better with each passing day.

Boo to bad weather @missy, and an interruption in your cycling, and more importantly, ice cream consumption :mrgreen: The weather has definitely changed here, for the better! Finally some seasonal weather, it’s cooler, now in the 70-80’s, rather than the searing 90 +. If your machines are from 2007, I don’t think that’s too bad. Things are just not made to last these days, a washing machine engineer in the UK told me that manufacturers use cheaper parts otherwise there’s no repeat business!

The inspector’s been and passed the progress on the pool so far, so next step, gunite, hopefully this coming week.

We’re taking Bertie home tomorrow, and visiting the baby for the first time. She’s already changed quite a bit since Monday, Adam FTs every day, he’s absolutely besotted with her :lol: Said he doesn’t even mind the sound of her crying - it’s early days yet!!!!

C4ED1FD7-2070-46E2-857F-6E48752DAA50.jpeg

I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend @junebug17 @Slickk @bling_dream19

:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday lovelies

I thought I posted yesterday, but must‘ve forgotten :lol:

I’m a great believer in the right house coming along at the right time @MamaBee. There’ve been lots of times in the past, we saw houses, but they weren’t meant to be, then the right house came along shortly after. It’s a shame this one wasn’t for you, but I’m sure ‘your’ house is out there and waiting for you.

I’m sorry to hear your BIL has taken a turn for the worse @marcy, it’s a very difficult time for you all. I hope the results of your US turned out well, and yes, teeth can cause all sorts of problems, but it’s best to wait until everything settles before putting the crown on.

It’s pretty easy to spend $200 on groceries these days @canuk-gal without even trying! What are your plans for the pumpkins? Glad to hear your sister is feeling better, and I hope the new meds help settle your gastric issues.

How’re things with you and Tim @mrs-b, I hope you’re both on the mend and feeling better with each passing day.

Boo to bad weather @missy, and an interruption in your cycling, and more importantly, ice cream consumption :mrgreen: The weather has definitely changed here, for the better! Finally some seasonal weather, it’s cooler, now in the 70-80’s, rather than the searing 90 +. If your machines are from 2007, I don’t think that’s too bad. Things are just not made to last these days, a washing machine engineer in the UK told me that manufacturers use cheaper parts otherwise there’s no repeat business!

The inspector’s been and passed the progress on the pool so far, so next step, gunite, hopefully this coming week.

We’re taking Bertie home tomorrow, and visiting the baby for the first time. She’s already changed quite a bit since Monday, Adam FTs every day, he’s absolutely besotted with her :lol: Said he doesn’t even mind the sound of her crying - it’s early days yet!!!!

C4ED1FD7-2070-46E2-857F-6E48752DAA50.jpeg

I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend @junebug17 @Slickk @bling_dream19

:wavey:

OMG @austina…She is so adorable! I would love a baby cuddle..So sweet!! :kiss2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear @Austina your grand baby is just the sweetest!!! She is beautiful and such a cutie pie!! You are going to have soo much fun with her. She is soo absolutely lucky to have you and your dh as her grandparents! Congratulations and I'm so thrilled for you and your family!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning all - and thank you so much for all your get well wishes and cyber hugs. :))

@canuk-gal - I'm so pleased your sister tested -ve! Apparently you can continue to shed dead covid cells for up to 2 months, which doesn't make you contagious, of course - it just means you're shedding cells. Even so - it must be *so* nice to get that 'negative' test!

Tim and I have no symptoms except fatigue at this point and our temps are back to normal without the use of meds, so, as per the CDC guidelines (Day 6 or beyond, markedly improved symptoms, normal temps), we were able to go out to lunch yesterday. Erring on the side of caution, we went at 3pm when the (very large) restaurant was almost empty, with a LOT of space between us and anyone else (actually, there wasn't really anyone else there), and we kept our masks on except when no one else was around and we were eating,

As it turned out, that wasn't very long at all as we had virtually no appetite and couldn't be bothered. In the end, we asked the waitress to box our meals and we brought them home. Even then, I was too tired to eat mine (a chicken Caesar salad) and today ate the greens but gave all the meat to Tim, as for some reason I'm repulsed by the smell of meat right now. Blerk.

Tim continues to be more tired than me, despite being 2 days at least ahead of me. He finishes the paxlovid this evening and I'm really hoping he has no rebound effect; I can clearly see the effects of his sarcoidosis on his ability to bounce back. Even all my issues don't seem to be effecting me as much as his do, him, and he's sleeping 9 and 10 hours a night. As I said, he has no other symptoms, but the exhaustion is real. We're hoping he's back to normal on Monday.

@MamaBee - please excuse me for being off the pace here. You're selling your MD house - but you're keeping your VA house, correct? And the new house you're looking for - this would be a...vacation home? Are you looking for beach property? And how did your visit with your mom go? I hope she's feeling better and your stress levels are down. ox

@missy - I love that photo of the trees with the metal gates! Did I tell you that Tim and I are planning on re-doing all our fences, amongst all the other home renos we intend to start next year? We intend to go at it fairly hard for the next 3-4 years, doing one major-ish thing each year (extending the main bedroom and putting on a dressing room, putting in a pool, enclosing our current verandah and building a new, larger one, etc etc) And one of those years we intend to do fences and stonework. Down one side of our property I want to do a tree hedge and metal gates - and if it looks anything like your photo, it will be exactly what I'm looking for. :))

Oh @Austina - she's darling!! And zero surprise that Adam's in love with her! <3 I wonder what Bertie will make of her? And yay for lower temps! Of course - the pool should be done right when you no longer need it this season, right? :roll2: Still really looking forward to seeing photos when it's done! Enjoy grandmotherhood!

@marcy - how does your tooth feel today? Seriously - is this not the slowest crown treatment in the history of crown treatments? You must be somewhat frustrated with the land-speed record they're clearly NOT setting with this! How are you feeling about Thursday's appt? I'm thinking of you every day and hoping you can put it out of your head till then. Did Marty go to see his brother this weekend? So much happening for you and your family at the moment - hugs to you, my friend. ox

@bling_dream19, @springerspaniel, @Slickk and @junebug17 - thinking of you and hoping all is well with each of you.

NIRDI shoutout! <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Austina oh wot a cutie!!! You'll have such lovely visit today. My neighbour also asked me what I am doing with the pumpkins, and I said "stare at them". LOL. I just love them. I think they are pretty. I tired to find some mini orange string lights but no success. Settled for cobalt blue and they look nice draped over the pumpkins.

@missy stay warm and dry! I might hit the hood for a walk before family comes for supper. It is such a bright, clear day not a cloud in the sky. Supposed to be 20C all week. I'll take it!!

When I was getting my shopping cart yesterday, I realized I did not have a dollar coin for the cart. The lady next to me saw my predicament and offered to give me the coin. But she didn't have another one either, but insisted on giving me change where I exchange it in the store. I almost melted. She really wanted to help and was struck (almost speechless) with this act of kindness. Of course I did have paper $$, which I used after exchanging it in the store, but I thanked her profusely and was so touched. We hear and read of such ugliness on a daily basis, it was affirming to know most people are still really just good and kind. And it was a lovely lesson for her children to witness.

Stay safe and well folks. I am going to use my Ninja today--and hope not to burn the steaks. LOL.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww she is precious @Austina and truly gorgeous! Takes after her grandma and momma!

@mrs-b I am sending you and Tim continued healing vibes and am grateful you are doing OK given all your underlying conditions. May Tim start feeling 100% very soon and may your appetite return. Big hugs

Thanks for the nice words about the metal fence. It was here when we bought the place and I do like it. We have changed much but kept those. Even when the Sandy storm destroyed so much outside in our yard we built it all back up including the metal fence. Most of our landscaping is different however as is all the stone work. Greg did all that by hand. One day I will take pics and share with you.

Aww I love that story @canuk-gal. When people act with such kindness it really restores my faith in humankind. And I agree. Most people are nice. It's the unpleasant unkind ones that really spoil the bunch. Anyway thank you for sharing that heartwarming story. Good luck with the steaks and enjoy. :)

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice day. It's very rainy here but we ran errands and now off to do some chores.
Big hugs.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal We have orange Halloween lights for David! :bigsmile:This is his area in the downstairs rec room. It’s his fun place to watch movies..We go all out for Christmas with his own tree and lights..
137E31AA-ABAF-46CE-B5A9-E26E22CC3AFB.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning all - and thank you so much for all your get well wishes and cyber hugs. :))

@canuk-gal - I'm so pleased your sister tested -ve! Apparently you can continue to shed dead covid cells for up to 2 months, which doesn't make you contagious, of course - it just means you're shedding cells. Even so - it must be *so* nice to get that 'negative' test!

Tim and I have no symptoms except fatigue at this point and our temps are back to normal without the use of meds, so, as per the CDC guidelines (Day 6 or beyond, markedly improved symptoms, normal temps), we were able to go out to lunch yesterday. Erring on the side of caution, we went at 3pm when the (very large) restaurant was almost empty, with a LOT of space between us and anyone else (actually, there wasn't really anyone else there), and we kept our masks on except when no one else was around and we were eating,

As it turned out, that wasn't very long at all as we had virtually no appetite and couldn't be bothered. In the end, we asked the waitress to box our meals and we brought them home. Even then, I was too tired to eat mine (a chicken Caesar salad) and today ate the greens but gave all the meat to Tim, as for some reason I'm repulsed by the smell of meat right now. Blerk.

Tim continues to be more tired than me, despite being 2 days at least ahead of me. He finishes the paxlovid this evening and I'm really hoping he has no rebound effect; I can clearly see the effects of his sarcoidosis on his ability to bounce back. Even all my issues don't seem to be effecting me as much as his do, him, and he's sleeping 9 and 10 hours a night. As I said, he has no other symptoms, but the exhaustion is real. We're hoping he's back to normal on Monday.

@MamaBee - please excuse me for being off the pace here. You're selling your MD house - but you're keeping your VA house, correct? And the new house you're looking for - this would be a...vacation home? Are you looking for beach property? And how did your visit with your mom go? I hope she's feeling better and your stress levels are down. ox

@missy - I love that photo of the trees with the metal gates! Did I tell you that Tim and I are planning on re-doing all our fences, amongst all the other home renos we intend to start next year? We intend to go at it fairly hard for the next 3-4 years, doing one major-ish thing each year (extending the main bedroom and putting on a dressing room, putting in a pool, enclosing our current verandah and building a new, larger one, etc etc) And one of those years we intend to do fences and stonework. Down one side of our property I want to do a tree hedge and metal gates - and if it looks anything like your photo, it will be exactly what I'm looking for. :))

Oh @Austina - she's darling!! And zero surprise that Adam's in love with her! <3 I wonder what Bertie will make of her? And yay for lower temps! Of course - the pool should be done right when you no longer need it this season, right? :roll2: Still really looking forward to seeing photos when it's done! Enjoy grandmotherhood!

@marcy - how does your tooth feel today? Seriously - is this not the slowest crown treatment in the history of crown treatments? You must be somewhat frustrated with the land-speed record they're clearly NOT setting with this! How are you feeling about Thursday's appt? I'm thinking of you every day and hoping you can put it out of your head till then. Did Marty go to see his brother this weekend? So much happening for you and your family at the moment - hugs to you, my friend. ox

@bling_dream19, @springerspaniel, @Slickk and @junebug17 - thinking of you and hoping all is well with each of you.

NIRDI shoutout! <3

@mrs-b I’m so happy you and Tim are feeling better..
We have two houses right now. One is in Pennsylvania..which is our main house. The Maryland house is our second house which we plan to sell after we purchase a house in Virginia. We want to live next to Scott and family. Scott will oversee David when we leave this earth. He wants us there to get David settled…We can’t leave David’s future dangling for Scott without making sure everything is in place for him. That means guardianship, etc. It’s a very complicated and lengthy process. Once we buy the house in Va we will sell the Maryland one and move some of the furniture to Va and donate the rest. We’ll keep the house in Pa so we can visit my mom who won’t move because she loves where she lives. The Va house will be our main house.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I’m so happy you and Tim are feeling better..
We have two houses right now. One is in Pennsylvania..which is our main house. The Maryland house is our second house which we plan to sell after we purchase a house in Virginia. We want to live next to Scott and family. Scott will oversee David when we leave this earth. He wants us there to get David settled…We can’t leave David’s future dangling for Scott without making sure everything is in place for him. That means guardianship, etc. It’s a very complicated and lengthy process. Once we buy the house in Va we will sell the Maryland one and move some of the furniture to Va and donate the rest. We’ll keep the house in Pa so we can visit my mom who won’t move because she loves where she lives. The Va house will be our main house.

Ugh - I'm so sorry, J - I ALWAYS think your PA house is in VA! Such a nong!

Or maybe I was prescient, since you're planning to go to VA! I hope you find a home you love. And I really hope the transfer of living arrangements in general goes smoothly; I'm sure this involves an endless amount of work and innumerable details. Good luck, J!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy oh no for getting five days of rain. We had a bit of rain yesterday and today but sure need more. It’s definitely feeling like fall here. That’s great Jimmy loves his new bike and you enjoyed a nice ride visiting furry friends, people friends and ice cream. Good luck with your appointment.

@MamaBee darn that that house wasn’t the one - the perfect one for you is out there. Those Halloween lights look great. I have some star lights in a jar and bowl, I am going to get out some batteries after I post. They are a nice pick-me-up. You house plans sound quite logical for the future.

@canuk-gal glad you picked up some pumpkins. Our store had some white ones in now too. Spending $200 at the grocery store isn’t much of a challenge these days. I only spent about $60 today but I only needed fruit, bread, cheese and yogurt. I hope your new meds work well for you. Lots of nice pictures of sweet kitties. Mmm ice cream. I picked up more of my new favorite today - it’s a Baskin Robbins gold medal ribbon. I enjoyed some for dessert. Nice you met such a lovely lady yesterday offering you a coin; I agree in that I think most people are good and kind.

@Austina I chuckled when you said the same thing as I said about $200 groceries. You are right teeth can cause all sorts of problems. Your granddaughter is precious, very sweet and cute. I am sure you and Colin are excited to see her in person. I wonder what Bertie will think of the new baby?

@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well. How’s that pretty pink spinel doing?

@mrs-b glad to hear you and Tim are feeling and doing better. Sounds like you have some great plans on your home. It is fun to change things up or add new things. I have to agree with you on this record long time to get a crown put on a broken tooth. That tooth aches most of the time but it’s hard to say why since it’s been covered by a temp crown that long. It doesn’t give it a chance to heal. Brushing my teeth just flares it up again. I also get numb when I lay down on a pillow - it’s getting worse too and I still don’t know if it’s the tooth of maybe the lump in my thyroid. Last night over 3/4 of my face feeling numb.

I dropped Marty off at our local airport this morning at 5:30. He didn’t realize this but they were keeping his brother alive on an incubator and tubes until he and his parents arrived. They removed everything and well you know the rest. Pretty sad even though everyone knew it was coming. Never easy, but he at least isn’t suffering now. I’m not thrilled that to fly out there by. myself, my knee isn’t ready for more planes and airports but will go when they figure out plans. That means I’ll probably have to reschedule my appointment to get results on my thyroid. Oh well.

I picked up some more clothes today that fit me. Yay. Next is getting my rings sized.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @marcy, may your BIL rest in peace.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy I am so sorry about your BIL. I am keeping your family in my thoughts.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy I’m so sorry about your brother-in-law…I also feel bad for Marty and his parents. It’s just devastating..May he now rest in peace.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh - I'm so sorry, J - I ALWAYS think your PA house is in VA! Such a nong!

Or maybe I was prescient, since you're planning to go to VA! I hope you find a home you love. And I really hope the transfer of living arrangements in general goes smoothly; I'm sure this involves an endless amount of work and innumerable details. Good luck, J!

Thank you H! It’s confusing for sure!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal I don’t only collect real pumpkins.…I have mercury glass, colored glass, and crystal pumpkins around the house in Pa. When I get home on Wednesday I’ll take a pic of the bunch..:lol: I also LOVE acorns so have a few of those. I’ll include them too..lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's

@Austina @missy and @MamaBee thank you for the kind condolences for my BIL. I am glad he isn't suffering anymore. I appreciate it.

I was in bed by 9:30 last night and slept in until about 7 this morning. I am doing chores today and got my lifting done for a few days. Think I'll brew up a few mini pizzas for the freezer. Of course, I'll bake one for lunch.

Have a great day.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy that is sad news. I am very sorry you all and may he rest in peace.

kind regards--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal We have orange Halloween lights for David! :bigsmile:This is his area in the downstairs rec room. It’s his fun place to watch movies..We go all out for Christmas with his own tree and lights..
137E31AA-ABAF-46CE-B5A9-E26E22CC3AFB.jpeg

LOVE! I had the best strand of multicolored lights with black, orange and deep purple that I wore out. I can't find them anywhere for replacement. I'll have my personal shopper (DH) look online. He is addicted to Amazon. :rolleyes: :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results