shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I will try to be as unbiased as I can, because I really like halos lol! But seriously, in my case, a halo was a good choice because it helped with my DSS by adding more finger coverage, turns out that was all I needed - and as an added benefit, it improved the appearance of my diamond. As you noted, the faceting is highlighted and the diamond now looks bigger and has more sparkle. BUT all of these OECs are cut so differently, there is really no way to know if your stone would behave the same way in a halo. In certain lighting, my diamond looked a little small for its size in a solitaire setting, I think due to some leakage on the edges. (not unusual for an old cut). I really can't explain why the optics of my diamond improved - dreamer d felt it was because the diamond is more enclosed now. But the stone is also set a bit high, so I'm thinking some extra light is getting to those edges (I would actually prefer it if the diamond were set a little lower, but have decided not to mess with it).

In your case, it doesn't sound like DSS is an issue at all, so my thinking is, unless you just love the look of a halo, I might leave it as a solitaire. Because there's really no way (that I know of anyway) to say for sure that the faceting will become more prominent in a halo. Although my gut feeling is a halo would not have a negative affect on the appearance of your diamond. And I do think your diamond looks fabulous as a solitaire! It really does look huge, and very lively and sparkly. Believe me, if you do decide to go for a halo, I will support you because I do like them! But I truly feel your ring is gorgeous as is.

So glad things are ok with your friend! :appl:

Ah ok, the GTG is in October…I must have lost track! October sounds great, I'm in!

Speaking of solitaires…I am very, very tempted right now by Niel's marquise! There is just something about that ring that speaks to me…trying to be sensible and not rush into anything…but I'd be really sad if someone else bought it lol.

Jimmianne, sounds like you are loving what you see!!!! I am SO excited, I hope you can post pics soon!!!!

Marcy, I love your heart ring, I love the white diamonds in combination with the rich blue sapphires :love: I can see why you always reach for this one!

Calliecake, I'm with you on the ice cream, I love it and can literally inhale a pint with no problem! If it's any consolation, I'm struggling with the sweets right now myself. I managed to lose a little weight recently and was feeling a bit better about myself, and now the pounds are creeping back on. I'm trying to nip it in the bud but it's tough. And I love Daussi cushions - a PS'er has a 3 stone Daussi ring that I adore - she had it on sale for about 5 minutes and I was about to buy it! But she had second thoughts quickly about selling it and decided to keep it.

Kristie, so excited about your new project! :appl: Wow, a 10 carat spess, omg it's going to be amazing, by now I've made it clear I love a lot of finger coverage haha! the wait is going to be torture…for all of us! Thanks for the info about UPS, I didn't know that - very helpful to know when mailing such expensive items.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Jimmianne, it looks SO beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1425490555|3841759 said:
I'm back from UPS. I've never spent this much to ship a stone: $70. That is 2nd day air so it'll get to Wink on Friday which was important to me, I don't like my pkg sitting over the weekend anywhere. I want it moving along, moving along, heehee, track/track/track, arrival!

UPS does offer that $5,005.00 service BUT you would have to take the pkg to a major UPS outlet to have it locked it from the very get-go. I use the UPS store next to the grocery store and it has no cage so the pkg would have sat there uncaged while awaiting pickup for the airport.

I normally send via FedEx in a medium sized BOX and have never had a problem. I also don't insure and I don't say its a gemstone or diamond because I don't want that information out there. I just call it anything else and its about $10.

You want to send it on a good-sized box because small boxes slid under seats, shelving, etc and its just too easy to lose track of a small box. You want a medium sized box, you can see them wherever they are, they don't tend to go under stuff, etc.

The kid at UPS brought out a padded envelope and I was like No, No, No :sun: medium box thank you!

Anyway.

Jimmianne, can't wait to see the latest :bigsmile: Not that anyone here would rush ya or anything!

Callie, I hear you on what you *could* have had. I would have back most of the money I've spent on less-than stones and custom settings and I could have that nice big diamond I've always wanted. I love those Daussi stones, do you have a thread associated with your ring featuring it? Now when I'm thinking of buying or setting something, I add up costs and ask myself if it would make me happier than a big a$$ antique round diamond.

Kristie,

You are absolutely correct with using the larger box. The weather has been so crazy accross the country so it's easy to see how things could get held up or lost before they are delivered. It's much easier to lose or misplace an small box than a large one.

I don't have a thread on my jewelry. My crazy husband doesn't want me to put pictures of my jewelry on the Internet. In all honesty I don't even know how to post a picture on Pricescope. Before PriceScope I loved my Daussi ring. Now...... I'm disappointed. My nieces love it and it will go to one of them. One of them posted it on their Pinterest page. I was stalking her page to get ideas for her birthday gift and I found a picture of my ring on her finger. I have to admit the ring never looked so good. I guess beautiful, long slender fingers will do that for rings!

I think the exact same thing you do about the unworn jewelry. Only I can't make my mind up between it being an Emerald shaped or OEC. I like it when I think like you do.

Jimmianne,

I recieved a package from Ann Taylor today. I looked at the dog and said "mommy wishes this was a diamond" it seemed much less exciting after hearing about your delivery today LOL! I'm dying to see pictures and the suspense is killing me.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie.. and what did the dog say back?
I think it's a good precedent to anticipate a diamond in every delivery!
or you could say - oh boy, they sent the outfit to wear wih my diamond!
I'm an AT fan too.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple more photos. I'm not going to get anything done today :appl: p1130194.jpg p1130192.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1425493687|3841803 said:
Oh Jimmianne, it looks SO beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

thank you Junebug!!! for being happy for me. What a privilege it is to have one of these 'old gals'. I had NO idea.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmieanne, that ring!!! "Hello, Gorgeous!" (Barbra is never wrong!)

I love it, I just LOVE it. I can't wait to see more pics as you take them.
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Love the flower pattern--and will you check out the FINGER COVERAGE????? Cra-cra!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My GOD..... THUD!!!!!!! This is beyond beautiful. I WANT THIS!!. From what I can see of the setting I love it too!

You are keeping this....right??? I really think you are trying to kill me Jimmianne. My heart raced when I saw this.

I startled the poor furbaby when I opened this thread as I yelled WOW!!!.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, that is a truly gorgeous OEC! Seriously, you've found a winner! :appl: Would love more pics! :saint:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I texted these pictures to Missy. Hopefully she will look at when she leaves work. This will get her on PriceScope tonight!

The outfit that arrived today is really, really cute! I'm sure you would love it. Do you want to trade?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG THUD... :love: :love: :love:

Jimmianne!!! All I can say is W :love: W and OMG and TDF. :love:

But first I must ask a very important question. What does Puff think? Is he on board with this because if he is then I have to say GO for it!!! :appl:

Seriously, how do you feel about it? I think the faceting is fabulous and chunky and GORGEOUS. L is for so in Love! :appl: I know you just got it and should see it in different environments and see it's different personalities in those environments,lighting and time of day etc.

I am glad you are seeing the magic of (some) old cuts firsthand. Definitely want to hear your impressions as well as see MORE PICS PLEASE. :bigsmile: And a big thank you for those preview pics. I was so busy at work today but so glad I got to check my email and saw your new beauty staring up at me. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1425506718|3841933 said:
Jimmianne, I texted these pictures to Missy. Hopefully she will look at when she leaves work. This will get her in Pricescope tonight!

The outfit that arrived today is really, really cute! I'm sure you would love it. Do you want to trade?

Hahaha, thank you Callie! Received your texts thank you and almost passed out again! I got home just a few minutes ago and of course went right for PS. Poor kitties. Need to feed them. Will be right back. :cheeky:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I really don't know who was more excited for you to get this ring...you, me or Missy! Our excitement for this stone to arrive certainly wasn't wasted.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK Kitties fed and happy.

Kristie, how exciting your stone is on its way to Wink and ready for its new beautiful setting. I am very much looking forward to you receiving your finished ring. I know it will be beautiful! That's a lot of money to send it but definitely worth it. I agree medium box over smaller box of envelope. Safe is better than sorry.

Callie and Junebug, thank you so much for your input re Bea and her setting. Junebug your halo setting is perfect and brings out the best in your gorgeous OEC but you are right. No way of knowing if it would do that to mine. I do love my solitaire setting and as much as I appreciate halos I am not sure I would be happy with one for Bea. She is in an antique setting and she loves it there.

I guess I was so enamored of Caysie's amazing work that I got carried away for a while there. I love your idea of just getting another diamond for Caysie to make a setting for but would one of you mind talking to Greg about getting another diamond LOL. Especially since I really am not sure what I am going to do about work. Today just reminded me why I was questioning even returning at all. Oh yeah, to earn some money. Hahaha. Why is life so complicated?! ::)

Which brings me to a vent about my day at work today. Please skip if you want to retain the great mood Jimmianne's OEC put us all in...

Grrr had a bad day at work today due to the chief administrator. He doesn't want me to stay late (I was staying till 5 or 5:30 to familiarize myself with EMR and put in at least a few of the patients I had seen for that day) to learn EMR and input my patient records. NO, he would rather I do just one patient a day on EMR and the rest on paper to save time even though it will take me forever to get comfortable with EMR this way. At least he *thinks* he saves money this way as he has to pay me for less hours.

Penny wise and dollar foolish anyone? I was furious when I was speaking to him but kept my cool. I *know* he likes me (well as much as he could like anyone) but he is so foolish I cannot even believe it. I am actually very pissed and was ready to quit (I would give notice as I am not unprofessional though they certainly are) as I feel they are tying my hands and sabotaging my progress with EMR. Did I say I was pissed? :angryfire:

OK Back to Jimmianne's OMG TDF OEC. I love the setting too! :love: :love: :love:
Love this pic so much. :love:

oohthoseperfect_chunkygorgeousfacetsonjimmiannesoec.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs.

Kristie, I added my comment about taking care of bunnies last night to you instead of Jimmianne. Yes, now you know I’m crazy. They did a good job on my ring with those little diamond chips. It is pretty sparkly for tiny little chips everywhere. I think you should start your own Prozac in a Bowl. Lemon Quartz would be a bright sunny gem in there. Melissa is great to work with as well. I will always keep HPD in mind on any project I’m working on. Your spessartite ring is going to look amazing.

Missy, I always hoped that store would come out with a ruby version of that ring; I am sure I’d own both of them. I got that ring out to wear today. My first addition to the gem dish was an assorted 100 carats of scratched and chipped gems. I thought they were so cool I started buying more. I found some really cheap places online and bought kind of one of each. It was a fun project. When I am kind of designing something new in my head I pull it out and find the shape / size stone I am thinking about. It works well for that. I am very glad to hear your friend is okay. You are a good friend to worry about them and keep them in your thoughts. Yes, Greg, Jeff and Marty definitely sound a lot alike. Move on; don’t worry about what’s done is done. My SIL started including me today in the plans for the birthday party but she’s not much of a planner. At least I can figure out that trip next month. I completely understand your dilemma trying to decide if you want a new setting for your OEC. I am all over the place on that all the time and mine isn’t even a year old yet. I am glad to hear you are happy with your leg and ankle progress. Your scars will improve for even a few years. My stiff knees are the same when I first get up I can hardly move then it gets better. I continue to believe your face will get better but I understand it’s difficult to deal with seeing it in the mirror. I am sorry you had a bad day at work.

Callie, I am more of a solitaire girl with side stones. I will have to go hunt down your rings and Bea and all of you NIRDI’s. I probably saw them and commented on them before but don’t remember. I am playing cribbage tonight with a friend while her daughter is at gymnastics. Not much else exciting planned. Marty will be home when I get off work tomorrow. I do like hearts but some of them don’t looking pleasing in jewelry, others look pretty darned good though. I would love to meet you in person too. My FIL mentioned a 9 room, 4 story house last night that has an elevator for the family vacation. My knees and stairs don’t get along well. Who knows when and what they will decide. I am sure the local police would encourage companies to tell employees that to maybe help deter kidnappings. That is pretty awful. Scotch guys will not waste scotch that is for sure. Marty says it is pretty in Guatemala. He said he could see mountains and volcanoes from his office, I asked him if they were smoking or shaking. So far they were dormant. Have you tried Dreyer’s Slow Churned ice cream? It tastes absolutely fine; it’s low fat. Calories are about 1/3 of Hagen Dazs or Ben and Jerry’s. I am glad to hear you talked to your brother and are feeling better about things.

Jimmianne, how was your cat and bunny sitting today? Marty posted a picture of one of his killer’s looking out the window at Guatemala City. I figure he was sniffing around looking for the indigenous local teddy bear population. I would wake up early too being anxious for beautiful jewelry to arrive. Wink is fabulous to work with. No matter what time I sent him an email he’d answer it. Yes, my ring would go good with your sapphire stackers. Glad to hear your skin calmed down. I find the less I touch my rashes or hives the better it does. Other than Benadryl which helps my hives tremendously. I am so anxious to hear what you think about your pretty new ring. I think your diamond and the ring are really pretty. It looks huge on your hand. That was nice of Grace to call you. We’ll pre-sign for stuff at our house which freaks people out – but we live in Wyoming. You can probably leave your doors open all night here. I don’t because I’m paranoid but I probably could.

Junebug, I think marquis are pretty cool shaped diamonds. I always think they look very classy. Is Niel’s ring in a pre-loved thread? I am definitely a sucker for sweets and ice cream. I wanted that heart sapphire ring since I found it in the store but always bought something else. One time I was returning something I decided wasn’t for me and I thought I’ll get that ring I’ve been wanting and found I like it more on my hand than I expected.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vent away! Hell really IS other people, esp. if you have to work with them.
deep breaths, deep breaths!

I do hope you watch "Life". I loved it and may even watch it a third time. Fast forward through the violence : )
Another good one was White Collar, at least the first few years of it. Isn't it fun that we can sit down and watch a whole season in a couple of nights. Really, just modern soap opera, but so much more clever these days and better than most movies!

Have you ever tried to trace an old diamond/ring by googling the carat weight and/or description?? I did that today and got a partial history of where my ring's been over the years.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELOVELOVE early White Collar!

http://www.zaffirojewelry.com/

Pretty amazing stuff.

Marcy, I figured same BUT I like to think I can hang wit' you and da killer rabbits as well as sweet little fuzzy farm bunnies!

Maggie and Finn's go-to raw food is Stella & Chewy's Rabbit!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Missy, I'm sorry you had an bad day at work today. I'm going to play Devils Advocate for a minute here. Is there any possible way the chief adminstrator is telling you this because he thinks it may be what you want to hear. You have said before that you were concerned about EMR. I wonder if he is not concerned that you could quit over this. I know there is no way he would want you to leave. Your patients LOVE you and that makes him money. Now if you told him that you don't mind working the hours and actually prefer to do so, so you become more familiar with EMR then of course this is not the case. I know this man is a jerk but you have never said he is stupid and making you mad would be a really stupid move on his part. If it truly is because he is just a cheap jerk and you like working there, I would see my patients and do the one EMR chart. I wouldn't stress myself out over it and try to have as little contact as possible with him. I have seen managers bend over backwards trying to make an employee happy to the point of it being a bad business decision, not often, but it does happen. Especially if they fear they will lose this employee. Overall you seem really happy to be back working with your patients and I wouldn't let this jerk spoil it for you.

Junebug, True confessions time. I have often wished my halo looked like your halo. I have thought of askng for your permission to have one of the jewelers, umm ERD, try to copy your setting. The problem is that Daussi stone is so shallow I don't think it would look good. I'm also afraid of making another dreaded mistake and at least I know my nieces love this ring. They have asked that I please not change or sell it. This is the only reason I haven't ask you for permission. I figured I would leave it alone and put the money toward another stone. I'm glad I'm not the only one around here that has an addiction to ice cream. The weight sure doesn't just come off the way it did when we were 20 does it. It creeps up twice as fast too. Another joy if getting older. I can't believe Niel is selling her new ring. It looks like it was made for her beautiful finger. The faceting of that stone is beautiful.

Jimmianne, I hope you are enjoying looking at your beautiful diamond in different lighting. How I would love to go to home depot with that stone. I can't wait to hear your thoughts after you have had time to see the stone in different lighting conditions.

Marcy, I'm glad you are spending time with a friend tonight. It really helps the time go by. Although this was a pretty quick trip for Marty. Thank godness it Isnt one of those trips that keep him away for weeks. I'm sorry your knees bother you so often. I'm sure the cold weather doesn't help them either.

Kristie, Do you know about how long it will be before the new ring is complete? This is going to gorgeous. What a statement ring.

OV, I hope you had a good day!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I could be more interactive, but will catch up tomorrow. Still in diamond deliberation mode. This is a big step and I'm obsessing.

Marcy - oh that's funny,,,maybe we should all have bunnies so there is no confusion.
My grandbunny, a huge Flemish Giant, lives in a house in the city. He wanders the rooms with the cat and likes to sleep on the couch.

Good night everyone.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A giant Flemish grandbunny?

I demand pics!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1425520746|3842027 said:
A giant Flemish grandbunny?

I demand pics!!

Kristie,

They have one were my furbaby goes to daycare. She is a huge bunny that weighs 25 lbs. She is the sweetest thing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I had to come check out your pictures on my laptop. I wanted to see bigger pictures of your beautiful diamond and ring. I really liked White Collar but the last few years weren’t as good as the first couple of seasons. Do you have a picture of your grandbunny? That’s cute he likes to sleep on the couch and hang out with the cat.

Kristie, too funny Maggie and Finn’s go to food is Stella & Chewy’s rabbit. I think we can all hold our own with those devious killer rabbits.

Callie, I did enjoy a few rounds of cribbage with my friend tonight. She won both times. We talked about our problem employees, had a glass of wine and had a good time. Cold weather does get my knee’s attention for sure.

Marty is at a bar watching soccer. He says he can see the hotel from there so I guess I won’t worry too much. He says it is too bad there is such high crime there because it is really nice there.

Take care.
Marcy

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

Oh, wow, I missed like two days and now I cannot even catch up anymore I feel, I feel left out of the auction and having a total withdrawal attack.:))) Miss you all. It is like too much info to read and no time. On my phone I can try but it is hard to follow. If any of you feel up to it please email privately as I am not going to be here most likely for a while. I did decide to enter last minute and go to the wellness - salsa weekend, though I was very shy about it, I think I deserve to relax for one weekend and be among friends. So today while I was going to be home and resting and going to the salon, that is not going to happen as I first have to run to Vienna and back and then take care of everything in the evening. I love travelling but I love having a day before to prepare everything. Back on Sunday and then three straight days of work, not sure I can survive this. I will be a lot more tired by then but then I know once it is over and I have a few days to relax I will miss all the action just like when I am home and I can write here I keep waiting for all of you to write and then when I cannot be here I am like I cannot follow anymore. So, please stay on touch via email and I will keep thinking of you all.

Jimmianne, I am lost in all these rings you are posting but guessing the last one is the one you got and it looks stunning on you, huge congrats!

Missy, well, I have to read up on your venture to reset Bea and you also all know I am very partial to halos and intricate settings, that I can say and it would certainly match her personality, however, only you can know whether you want to do it, she will most definitely look a lot larger with a lot of presence and whether that is too much, only you can know. Some people are solitaire people and some are not, I am not for one, as much as I love my stones and I do, I equally care about settings and workmanship and like unique and intricate, vintage inspired settings but many totally dislike that so this truly depends on our personalities too, I am very girlie and it matches up and you are too but it is cool to play with the idea. OTOH, since she is so special and you have always loved her, have you entertained the idea of just getting a stunning RHR? Something totally different and intricate so you have the best of both worlds. It just appears to me that workmanship is very costly in the US and that is why I was thinking. Anyhow, I just of course started thinking and I have to read up and follow your story. Wow, I gotta run now to catch my train.

Love to you all, Callie, Kristie, do write to me girls and Kristie huge thanks to you again, I am in love as in love, I will cherish my memories from you, they are so very special.:))) Jimmianne, Marcy and Junebug, I will read more and respond to your posts as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDI girls!

Jimmianne, did you spend some time last night playing with and gazing at your OEC beauty? Any new thoughts? Any more pics? 8) :bigsmile:
Any ideas for names?

Thank you again for that "Life" rec. I think we will start it this weekend. We finished the movie "The Conjuring" last night. Note to self: don't watch scary movies right before bed haha. Second night in a row we watched that movie right before bed and well probably not the best idea. A little too violent in certain parts but I just didn't watch those parts. That's why I have an apple on my lap while we are watching movies/TV. Just for those moments.

We used to watch "White Collar" and my dh especially enjoyed it but the last few years we haven't watched it at all. It was a fun show from what I remember. Another show we enjoyed very much was "Burn Notice". Have you ever watched that show? I really loved it actually and was sad when it ended. That and "In Plain Sight". Another enjoyable series IMO.

I agree that it is the people that make or break certain work environments and all the people I love there have either left in the last 8 months while I was gone or are planning on leaving and actively looking for another job.

My closest friend there is desperately searching for another position (she's a social worker) and also trying to get pregnant. I will miss her so much when she leaves but she deserves better than the way she is treated there. Overworked and underpaid. She turns 30 this month and she has great things coming her way so I am hoping she finds her dream job even though that means she won't be working with me there anymore.

It is nice to have friendly faces at work and people to look forward seeing each day but life marches on and things change. The one certainty in life is that things always change. ::)

Yanno, I never have tried tracing where my diamond came from but after reading what you wrote I just tried. All that comes up are my PS threads about Bea LOLOL. Oh well. A day late and a dollar short or however that saying goes. I am curious what you found out about your OEC though if you care to share. I love that the antique stones have history and stories to tell. I like to think our OECs had happy lives with people who were in love and who loved them. LOL I am so sappy at times I know. :oops:

Marcy, I need some "prozac in a bowl" these days! I especially love sunny lemony citrines. It's a happy gemstone isn't it.

I am glad you enjoyed cribbage with your friend yesterday. Even though she won. As I get older I get less competitive but when I was younger I just had to win or else I would be so let down LOL. How funny are younger selves are. I often wonder how it would be if I got to go back in time and share advice with the younger me. Not sure I would change much though. Except perhaps to have met Greg earlier but it all worked out perfectly anyway as I got time to sow my wild oats as they were LOL and get used to the idea of getting married because had I met him at a younger age I wouldn't have realized how great a dh he would be for me and I was resolute about never getting married. Ever. Hah, see how that worked out. :devil:

I am sorry your knees give you trouble and winter is an especially challenging time I would imagine given the cold. If your family decides to rent that 4 story house for the vacation let's hope that elevator works!

I hope the birthday party planning goes smoothly and I am glad your SIL is including you in on those plans. I remember when we planned my MIL's 80th and it worked out best that we took her out separately from the rest of the family. Sometimes things are better done separately depending on the individuals (difficult SIL!!!) involved. But it is nice to plan a party with everyone there if the personalities involved are amicable. If only family were always enjoyable to be around and easy to get along with haha. Could you imagine how much easier everything would be lol.

Guatemala sounds beautiful and I love mountain and volcano views. Lovely. Greg visited Chile and Costa Rica and enjoyed visiting the volcanoes there. Let's hope the volcanoes where Marty is remain dormant while he is there. I am very happy for you that he is returning home so soon. That's the way all business trips should be! Giving you hardly any time to miss him. :appl:

Callie, Ha! That is exactly how I am. If I had a whole quart of ice cream I would eat it at one sitting too most likely. In fact I used to do just that when I was eating ice cream. Have I mentioned how much I miss ice cream. Oh so yummy! Marcy's suggestion sounds like a good idea. Slow churned for fewer calories and less fat. Though I am unsure it would ever hold a candle to Ben and Jerry's Heathbar Crunch. :lickout:

As for work and the clinic chief, well, you and I already chatted about that last night so no need to repeat except for those NIRDIs interested here. Suffice it to say intelligence and common sense don't always mix with higher positions. :nono: And honestly if I quit he really wouldn't care very much (if at all) expect for the fact it might inconvenience him for a minute getting the other doctor to work more days. She is willing and able as this is now her only job and she is only now working one day a week there since I have returned.

Kristie, I love that website you shared. Beautiful pieces. I know you said your ring would be ready in around 3 weeks or so. Is that right? Looking forward to seeing it. I know it will be beautiful. You picked a gorgeous setting for your stone. :love:

With all this talk of killer rabbits and big (25 lbs!) bunnies we need some pictures please! Marcy, Jimmianne, Callie? Bunnies are so sweet. We have a lot of wild bunnies by us at the beach house but they don't seem friendly to the point we can approach them and hug them which is what I always want to do when I see them LOL.

Ovi, how exciting. A salsa weekend. I hope you have a fabulous time and come back and share the fun. We miss you here of course but are here when you have more time to chat and share. Hugs and hope the rest of your week goes well. It sounds like it will with all the fun that is planned. Enjoy!

I think I have decided that I am not going to reset Bea. Callie and Junebug are all right in that she is in the perfect setting for her and for me. I love halos I really do and love my black opal ring in the diamond halo but for Bea well she is a solitaire at heart as I am a solitaire girl at heart too.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Hey Missy :wavey: , I 'm not in this forum much, but just wanted to say, I hope your foot is better!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, if you don't reset Bea we can't live vicariously! But she is so beautiful that she doesn't need decoration. Sometimes beauty is best found in simplicity.

I posted bunny photos on furbabies, but here they are again...Brontis as a baby with a sibling and now all grown up. 10314028_10152512965887741_7210937987058877423_n.jpg
img_3868.jpg

I can hardly believe I am writing this, but I've decided to send back the OEC back in favor of an older cut with a large culet.
It's been rewarding photographing this diamond - it's very photogenic and full of life. A little bittersweet to give it up but the quest demands it! Please wIsh me luck with the next "try".

Anyone ever watch Drop Dead DIva? It's fun : )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Ovi, I’d hate to miss keeping up with this thread for a week; I’d never catch up. I am so glad you are going away for a salsa weekend. You will have so much fun and you deserve to relax.

Missy, you ladies are making me think I need to name my diamond. Burn Notice was one of my favorite shows and I did like In Plain Sight as well. Fiona was a great character. Hopefully you will find new friends at work because there are so many wonderful people out there. I am not good with change but you are right that is what happens everyday with life. Sunny yellow gemstones certainly can brighten anyone’s day. I think all of us PS ladies should have a little gemstone Prozac. It looks like you met Greg at the right time for both of you. I always believe things work out as they should. I doubt Marty and I would have liked each other in our younger years. I wouldn’t do well going up and down the stairs a lot so before we go I will definitely confirm that elevator is working. Being right on the beach wouldn’t be hard to deal with though. Of course you can enjoy that from your Beach House.

I think all families have one or two difficult members but big get together events are fun and important. Marty gets along with his family but he rarely sees them. I guess the in-laws want to do a family vacation every 3 years.

I have to go find a picture of Bea. I know it’s a beauty.

Jimmianne, your bunnies are so adorable. I understand sending back the OEC for another diamond. Do you have a link to it? I am so excited for you; I love shopping for new treasures.

Marty got home about 3:30 today. We had a “conference” call with his brother and sister on the family vacation when I got home.

I made a quick supper. Pasta with basil spaghetti sauce and some of those crusty rolls. We have raw veggies and some Snickerdoodles I picked up at a local cookie store. I have to pick up the house tonight because my cleaning lady is coming tomorrow and I have “stuff” setting around.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, do you have a link to Bea? Of a picture to post? I found your ering and wedding ring photos but I am not sure if that is Bea. Your rings and wedding photos are fabulous. :wavey:

ETA: Never mind. I found Bea and she's a BEAUTY!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. I love wedding pics, where are they????
2. I want to see Bea, where is she ????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results