carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@missy what destruction!!!!! Unbelievable. I hope no one was hurt .

@mrs-b your flowers are wonderful! Hope you are feeling a bit perkier.

It was pretty cool this AM when I got up (4C), so we put off our ride until the afternoon. Sun came out and it hit 18C--nice day! Fall colors very soothing.

My Mom had a geriatric assessment today. My sister hasn't reported what the doc said just yet, but she scored very well on the cognitive part. But she remains physically frail--and medically complex. At least her pitting edema is improving with the compression bandages. But she was very happy when my sister brought her favorite magazine! It's the simple things. Good ole Mom.

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal Thats great that your mom scored well on the cognitive part. My mom had pitting edema that progressed to her legs leaking. I had never heard of that happening. Her skin is so fragile. They reduced her baths to once per week. They sponge bathe her all the other days..The compression bandages along with a water pill did wonders..They should really help your mom.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Thats great that your mom scored well on the cognitive part. My mom had pitting edema that progressed to her legs leaking. I had never heard of that happening. Her skin is so fragile. They reduced her baths to once per week. They sponge bathe her all the other days..The compression bandages along with a water pill did wonders..They should really help your mom.

Thank you! My Mom refused to use the garments at home. Granted they are difficult to get on and off.....and she is allergic to Latex so she needed certain type of wraps. The fluid is shifting....SO many issues to deal with that as well.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! My Mom refused to use the garments at home. Granted they are difficult to get on and off.....and she is allergic to Latex so she needed certain type of wraps. The fluid is shifting....SO many issues to deal with that as well.

They wrap my mom’s leg with what looks like ace bandages instead of compression stockings..They unwrap them when she is in bed for the night.
You’re right..There’s so many issues when they are older..It seems there’s something every day…
My mom fought the compression stockings at home too. She listens to them better than me!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They wrap my mom’s leg with what looks like ace bandages instead of compression stockings..They unwrap them when she is in bed for the night.
You’re right..There’s so many issues when they are older..It seems there’s something every day…
My mom fought the compression stockings at home too. She listens to them better than me!

Hope your Mom can see you soon. So many changes, difficult to keep up with them.

And I'm sorry for the bugs. It really does make your skin crawl! BUG(S) OFF!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope your Mom can see you soon. So many changes, difficult to keep up with them.

And I'm sorry for the bugs. It really does make your skin crawl! BUG(S) OFF!

Thank you..If no one tests positive again I can visit her in the home on the 23rd for forty-five minutes. I’m holding my breath.

My husband is driving from Maryland now. He put up a bunch of fly catchers. If anyone tries to rob the house in the dark they’ll be stuck with all the fly strips he hung up. Hahaha

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thinking of you and your Mum @canuk-gal and sending lots of positive vibes for her recovery.

I had to :lol: At burglars getting tangled up in fly paper @MamaBee. Here’s hoping that you can get the hole plugged where the blighters are getting in. We’re getting plagued with wood lice ATM, and I’ve no idea where they’re getting in. Hopefully you’ll get to see your Mum soon. Oh my goodness, that must‘ve been so scary that your GS had a seizure, so glad he was OK.

Belated happy birthday to Tim @mrs-b, glad you had some small respite from the agony and were able to go out to celebrate. Beautiful flowers from your friends, how thoughtful of them. Fingers crossed that you’re feeling OK today too.

Glad Greg got his tooth sorted out, and you were able to ride despite the not great weather. Wow, those people were lucky the tree didn’t fall on the house.

Thanks @Slick1, I can’t say it’s been easy, but when is anything ever so? Bear is such a cutie, and seems pretty unphased by anything. How’s he doing when you’re out?

Hope you’re having a good weekend @junebug17 & @bling_dream19. Did you say there was something in the pipeline @bling_dream19 ?

How’re you feeling @marcy, is your anaemia making you tired? Any more thoughts on retiring? What is it about Marty’s truck that’s attracting trouble? How’s his arm now?

We had to go for another PCR test yesterday, and Google maps had a meltdown and took us all around the houses, so we arrived late, but it was OK, we still got seen. Oy, the nurse rammed the swab so far down my throat both sides, that I was gagging like crazy and almost threw up. Hopefully, I’ll only have to have one more when we leave, thank goodness.

I had my hair cut and roots done yesterday, I’d gone a week over because of being away, but now the skunk has been tamed :mrgreen:

Busy listing and getting rid of more things this weekend, then tomorrow my BF from school is coming over for coffee and cake. They dropped their daughter at the same University that Adam went to, and are here for the weekend, so we’re meeting up. We’ve known each other for 58 years :shock:

One of the friends we met up with a few weeks ago, contracted Covid, but thankfully as she’s doubled jabbed, didn’t feel too bad. She said it was like a heavy cold, she did 2 lateral flow tests which came back negative, then a PCR which confirmed she had Covid. Just proves the jab is working to stop severe cases.

Wishing you all a good weekend :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my way way to a wedding but @mrs-b , I emailed you!
((Hugs)) and ❤️ To all!
And Bear pics!! :)

On his way for his vet visit. So calm. 57A62C13-3D9A-4DEE-A547-1A7BA37A8D52.jpeg

After his booster shots today. Such a mush ❤️
7F579E32-1C38-46F0-95F1-9D70F68BEDC8.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my way way to a wedding but @mrs-b , I emailed you!
((Hugs)) and ❤️ To all!
And Bear pics!! :)

On his way for his vet visit. So calm. 57A62C13-3D9A-4DEE-A547-1A7BA37A8D52.jpeg

After his booster shots today. Such a mush ❤️
7F579E32-1C38-46F0-95F1-9D70F68BEDC8.jpeg

If Bear ever needs baby-sitting, I'm pretty sure he should come to his Aunty Hollian. I'm just saying.... :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing day.

Went out to ride, stopped at the market and had lunch outdoors. at our favorite deli (Blinzes, potato latke, Reuben mmmmmm). We are under another lockdown due to high Covid numbers so eating outside with masks was a treat. I am double masked. With all the stress with my Mom--I have a couple of patches of eczema pop up.

@Austina you guys sound safe after your trip. Friends of ours were recently in Houston, caught Covid and the DH was hospitalized with pneumonia. Both double vaccinated, so a breakthrough infection. Hearing more and more of these types of cases--another acquaintance and her family as well all caught Covid here. Heavy cold as you described--sinus infection. It's all so vexing.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Funday Sunday!

@Slick1 awww Bear is adorable. How was the wedding?

@canuk-gal how is your mom doing? Glad you enjoyed a wonderful day filled with sunshine, cycling and yummy food.

@bling_dream19 happy Sunday sweet friend.

@Austina sorry that PCR test was so brutal. And sorry about your friend but glad they are doing OK and were vaccinated. Hope you had/have a good visit with your friend you have know for 58 years.

@MamaBee how is your weekend going? Did Shatzie get all the traps set?

Hi to everyone else.
We had a good day riding yesterday.
Gorgeous September weather.

Today hoping for more of the same.

Here is one of our ice cream friends. She makes the ice cream from scratch.
We adore her. Isn't she the cutest?
She posed just for this photo and gave permission for it to be shared but I am blocking her face anyway.

meganatcreamery.png

And here is our ICOTD.

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 6.07.21 AM.png

Wishing everyone a day filled with sweetness and love and lots of fun.

Jemi

Rough_Rock
Happy Sunday Sunday Missy and everyone!

Slick, please add my name to the list of doggy sitters for Mr Adorable

Hi Sharon. Hope you are doing well. Sorry to hear about the eczema that comes with the stress-a-tory.

Marcy, for the longest time I have wanted to say congratulations on your new car. Enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Marvelous (I hope) Monday.

@Jemi keeping good thoughts for you and your DD and wishing you a safe journey. Biggest ((((((hugs))))))).

@canuk-gal how is your momma doing and how are you faring? Hope you had a lovely weekend.

@marcy hope you are feeling much better and enjoyed a relaxing weekend.

@bling_dream19 autumn is here soon. Another beautiful season and hopefully the weather will cooperate and no more bad storms for anyone. Hope all is well by you and that your family is well. XOXO.

@Slick1 hope you and the family had a wonderful weekend and hugs to you and Bear.

@mrs-b hope your surgery has been moved to the front of the line and relief is yours very soon. Keeping good thoughts for you.

@MamaBee hope you had a fun weekend and that your mom and David are well.

@sarahb hope everyone is doing well by you and that your weekend was a good one.

@springerspaniel how is work going and how are you doing? Hope all is well.

@Austina hope you had a good weekend and accomplished what was necessary and also got to recover from your travels.

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone enjoyed a nice weekend.
The weather by us was purrrfect and we cycled lots.
Today is another picture perfect (purrrrfect) day and we are considering cycling to Mantoloken despite it being an 80 mile round trip. TBT I am not sure I am up for it but Greg seemed excited so maybe. Lots to do before our cycling adventure today so depends how much I get done.

Enjoy a marvelous Monday lovely ladies and big hugs.

Leaving you with our ICOTD and also we got to enjoy a car show yesterday too. May each day be filled with lots of fun things and may that continue for everyone.

Yummy. Greg had his autumn favorite....blueberry pancake.
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 5.37.56 AM.png

Yummy too.
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 5.38.23 AM.png

Gorgeous. And the car isn't bad either. :)
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 5.38.35 AM.png

So shiny.
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 5.38.47 AM.png

A beauty.

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 5.39.09 AM.png

Check out the license plate meowww.
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 5.39.19 AM.png

Have a smooth riding day girls. (((((Hugs))))).

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What fun @missy, those car owners certainly do keep their pride and joys in tip top condition. I hope you enjoy the loooong ride today and the weather is purrfect for you. I’m so sorry to read about your friend’s nephew, just so unnecessary and avoidable. If only people would listen to the scientific advice.

I hope you enjoyed the wedding and stayed safe @Slick1, Bear is absolutely the right dog at the right time for you. He has such a good temperament.

Hoping things have improved with your Mum @canuk-gal, and that you’ve had a peaceful weekend.

Safe travels @Jemi, gird your loins for the trek ahead.

Desperately hoping you’ve received good news about your surgery @mrs-b and have had a less painful weekend.

Our PCR tests came back negative, which is reassuring after the long flight and being in the airport. My childhood friend and her husband came over yesterday, we haven’t seen in other for years (although do keep in touch) and it was lovely seeing her again. We gave her a TV for her daughter’s student accommodation, so only 3 more to go :lol: Also managed to get rid of a few other things too, so we’re whittling down the list. Had our dentist appts this morning, and everything’s OK, although my bone density could be better:( Packed another suitcase of clothes to go, and generally sorting and tidying today.

Sending big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F38EF2D0-D3A7-4FC2-8335-73BB28C1BC1A.jpeg

Just found this old photo of my first boy Waldo, he was so nosy and loved to freak out the neighbours peering over the fence :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww @Austina what a love Waldo was ♥️

I am sorry about the potential bone issues but if you haven’t already scheduled a dxa I urge you to do so as the dentist cannot accurately diagnose poor bone density. So don’t worry just yet but definitely schedule a DXA. Knowledge is power. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Austina your home is coming along beautifully! I bet you are so excited. I cannot wait for you.

@canuk-gal hope your mom is improving with each day and you are doing well. And that the week is going smoothly.

@marcy how are you feeling? Continued healing dust being sent your way.

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a good week.

@Slick1 how is school going? I bet Bear misses you when you are at work. Poor baby. Wish you could bring him with you.

@sarahb last day of official summer though meteorological autumn was September 1st. But tomorrow is official Autumn. All I can think is please get here Spring haha. No seriously, I love autumn until it turns brutally cold which it does tend to do. Stay cozy and well.

Hi @springerspaniel

@Jemi safe travels.

Hi to everyone else.
We did cycle to Mantoloken yesterday and it was a glorious weather day. Marred only by the fact I am still bleeding and cramping. Every time I think OK I got this I realize I don't. It doesn't make sense and I just got my blood results back proving it doesn't make sense. Oy to the vey. I will figure it out. I hope.

Anyway today is another good riding day and then the rain comes in for the rest of the week so we shall enjoy cycling today.

Have a wonderful Tuesday lovely ladies. Hugs to you all.

No alterations but for straightening (TY @rainwood!). These are the actual colors. Swoon!
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 5.56.25 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh @missy, I’m so sorry to hear that things are so bad for you. Glad you managed the ride but I imagine it wasn’t great feeling like that and having to still be dealing with the bleeding. Wow to the colours in the photo, it’s just amazing, and my lift your spirits to have such beautiful scenery around you. Thanks for the tip on the bone scan, I’ll sort it out when we get there because we’re running out of time to get much done. I’ve booked my smear test for next week, I’ve been putting it off because of Covid, and last time it was sheer agony, but I’ll have to just grit my teeth and get it done.

Colin’s booked appts with the eye Dr., going for a scan tonight, the dermatologist next week and an eye test on Thursday, just to get it all sorted until we get settled there and find Drs.

I had a manic day yesterday, I literally spent all day dealing with enquiries and arranging pick up times for all the things I listed on the free site. The hall is packed with things people are collecting today! I’ve had to put post it notes on things so I don’t get confused!

Just listed more things and dealing with enquiries.

Good luck on your journey @Jemi, hope it all goes smoothly.

Big love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Jemi

Rough_Rock

My mom was the same. She would wrap hand towels around her legs during the day to absorb the water. But she wouldn’t do anything they told her -put her legs -up drink more water -wear the wraps…Elderly parents! It was extremely frustrating and worrisome.
All the best as you deal with this!

Key and I are getting ready for the flight to France this afternoon. The drama here has subsided. My daughter just needed more time to get organized so she and the baby are going back in a week. We hired an organizer to pack up the hotel room she’s been living in for five months, and we found out that UPS will ship her suitcases to France, so all she’ll be carrying is my granddaughter and an overnight bag. Sanity returns!

thank you Austina. And good luck to you with all the hoopla over your way. What a grand day it will be when you’re just sitting peacefully in your new house having a relaxing cup of tea.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s good news @Jemi at least your DD will only have the baby to deal with on the journey, far less stressful for you all. Safe travels.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So happy this has all worked out for you @Jemi !!! Safe travels!! Stay in touch.

@missy sorry for your continued health challenges. Hugs! But happy for your cycling. We are enjoying very fine weather here and will cycle today.

My Mom is facing challenging times. She fell and hit her face (in hospital) sustaining an orbital blowout fracture. She looks awful but doesn't require surgery. We are all devastated as this is a step back and my Mom suffers. She did have a positive Geriatric assessment--that her cognitive status is very good--but her general frailty is the issue. Thanks for listening....I don't want to make this thread too gloomy.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

So happy this has all worked out for you @Jemi !!! Safe travels!! Stay in touch.

@missy sorry for your continued health challenges. Hugs! But happy for your cycling. We are enjoying very fine weather here and will cycle today.

My Mom is facing challenging times. She fell and hit her face (in hospital) sustaining an orbital blowout fracture. She looks awful but doesn't require surgery. We are all devastated as this is a step back and my Mom suffers. She did have a positive Geriatric assessment--that her cognitive status is very good--but her general frailty is the issue. Thanks for listening....I don't want to make this thread too gloomy.

cheers--Sharon

I’m sorry Sharon..That’s great news she doesn’t need surgery..My mom also fell about two months ago. I was shocked when the nurse sent me a photo. It was during another lockdown. She passed out on the potty hitting her face on the tile floor. Thank G your mom doesn’t need surgery. Poor mom…I really understand the worry..
Sorry the photo is so large. I had to crop out most of her face..
8FF1DAAD-602F-47DD-9579-A355A2B92670.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @canuk-gal, your poor Mum, hope she recovers quickly, I’ll bet she was really shaken up.

:shock: That looks brutal @MamaBee, thank goodness it wasn’t any worse.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! Thank you for all the shoutouts. We spent some time with my parents the last week and life has been pretty busy but good.
So, yes I've got lot of projects going on lol! DKJ has 10 stones from me! I'm not sure if we'll get them all set but we shall see.

Ok here's the bling 411 :kiss2:

3 stone AVC P colored diamonds, 1.5 ct center and .4 ct sides - set in platinum with swoopy trellis, very open and heart prongs! I'm really excited. I've agonized over the metal color but I do really like platinum and how it feels.

Red rose ring! 1.5 carat red cushion spinel set with diamonds on each side with roses engraved under the red spinel. I carried red roses on my wedding day so this ring will make me remember that day and I love roses too!

Pink pear sapphire ring haloed in pink diamonds and then white diamonds. This will complement my diamond pear pendant.

Baby zircons to be set into stud earrings to wear with my jackets. These will complement my zircon pendant.

There's a pink sapphire oval but it's pretty much the same shade as the pink pear so I might sell the oval or make a necklace. I was thinking somehow to make a butterfly necklace because I love butterflies.

The remaining 2 are yellow diamond hearts and I'd really like a white marquise! So, this project may wait a while.

I think about each of you each day. Sending love and hugs to all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! Thank you for all the shoutouts. We spent some time with my parents the last week and life has been pretty busy but good.
So, yes I've got lot of projects going on lol! DKJ has 10 stones from me! I'm not sure if we'll get them all set but we shall see.

Ok here's the bling 411 :kiss2:

3 stone AVC P colored diamonds, 1.5 ct center and .4 ct sides - set in platinum with swoopy trellis, very open and heart prongs! I'm really excited. I've agonized over the metal color but I do really like platinum and how it feels.

Red rose ring! 1.5 carat red cushion spinel set with diamonds on each side with roses engraved under the red spinel. I carried red roses on my wedding day so this ring will make me remember that day and I love roses too!

Pink pear sapphire ring haloed in pink diamonds and then white diamonds. This will complement my diamond pear pendant.

Baby zircons to be set into stud earrings to wear with my jackets. These will complement my zircon pendant.

There's a pink sapphire oval but it's pretty much the same shade as the pink pear so I might sell the oval or make a necklace. I was thinking somehow to make a butterfly necklace because I love butterflies.

The remaining 2 are yellow diamond hearts and I'd really like a white marquise! So, this project may wait a while.

I think about each of you each day. Sending love and hugs to all!

Wow! @bling_dream19! Your projects sound so beautiful! I can’t wait to see them all finished!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee it is very painful to live these experiences. As children, we walk the roads we (often) don't want to. Hope your Mama is well and that you can soon see her.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is @canuk-gal..I hope your mom’s eye heals quickly..I hope you can visit your mom again soon.

My mom told me that the nurse said they may move the visits to Friday. Our visit was supposed to take place outside the building on Thursday. If they move it to Friday..then I won’t see her for another week. In that time frame there could be another Covid case. They would lock them down again…It’s so upsetting because she’s 95…I worry that something will happen without me seeing her again. I have to think positive..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's Wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

@canuk-gal and @MamaBee bucketloads of healing dust to your moms. My mom too has had many bruises from falls etc and it is such a fragile age. So concerning. I hope you can visit your mom soon Joanne. Sharon I hope your mom is doing better with each day. (((((Hugs)))))

@bling_dream19 SWOON!!!!!:love:

Hi to everyone else. We had a good day cycling yesterday. Sorry for a quick post and run. We had blood tests this morning and now we are off cycling. Didn't think we would be able to but the sun has come out so off we go. Hope everyone is well and have a good day. XOXO.

Love and hugs to all of you. Be well.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh my goodness @bling_dream19, you’re going to have to grow more fingers for all the delicious bling heading your way :lol: Can‘t wait to see the finished results, they sounds stunning.

Big love and hugs @MamaBee & @canuk_gal I’m sending lots of positive healing vibes to both your mothers, and hoping things improve for them. Fingers crossed you get to see your Mum this week Joanne.

Woohoo to the sun coming out and being out to get out and cycle today @missy, hope the blood tests come back A OK for you both.

Another day sorting and dispatching items to their new homes, it’s nice when people message to say how pleased they are with the items.

More things heading off tomorrow, the house is starting to look a bit bare :mrgreen:, but it’s all good. Popped out this morning to get some things for Kim, she likes the gym wear and tops at a shop near us. Colin’s got an eye test tomorrow, so one less thing to worry about.

They’ve started on the mechanicals on the house, a/c, electricals and plumbing.

Sending love and good thoughts to you all :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No sun for us today--overcast and warmish; the clouds look like cotton balls. LOL. My DH declined to cycle so I went alone. I get too bored sitting around the house. No work.

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!! Keep well folks.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results