shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy had a minute to go back and reread your update fully. Happy to hear you’re doing so well and not surprised you’re the most proactive patient he has. I hope you continue to improve and yay on the healthy weight gain! Your story makes me feel a need to have my bone density checked. I never have had that done.

Please please please get your bone density checked. I wrote a PSA for PSers a while back but I think few saw it. I had a talk with my sister yesterday and she never has either. And she said she would but she cannot anytime soon. Oy. I really don't want anyone to go through what I am going through. It is preventable. IF only we had the info when we were younger before it was advanced. Please get it checked @Slick1 and please also get a TBS with the DXA. I love you girls and I want you to remain strong and healthy. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Funday Sunday.

I woke up late and have to do my (punishing) work out with weights today so only a quick hello. I will return later or tomorrow but wanted to share pics of yesterday with you girls. We had a marvelous time. I love my family so much and the girls are such beautiful human beings. Inside and out. They make us all proud. They are such good girls. They help others and spend their time generously doing so. They have warm gorgeous hearts. I really cannot put into words what lovely and good individuals they have become.

It was a beastly hot day but my family (sister, BIL and nieces) love the heat. Unlike me lol but what can I say? In all other ways we are alike. So they enjoyed the heat while I melted.
:lol:

We did have a quick moving storm (15 minutes) but we remained outside protected (somewhat) by the umbrella. It was cooling while I remained wet but then very hot again.

Enough words. Onto pics. Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy them.
bethanyandalexainourbeachbackyardjuly2021.png

bethanyinourbackyardjuly2021.png

missybethanyandalexajuly2021.png

This was after the 15 minute downpours. You can see the deck is wet behind us. It was lightning and thundering but Greg felt it safe to remain outdoors as the lightning and thunder was a distance away and remained far away through the rainstorm that hit us. And because it was so hot it evaporated pretty quickly.

missyandgregafterdownpour.png

@rainwood interestingly enough in many of these pics auto straightener/crop didn't work and kept the horizon slanted. So I manually (tried to) straighten them. Let me know if I did OK or if I need help. LOL.

Oh and did you know girls can be boy scouts now? So crazy. Alexa is both a girl scout and a boy scout and the difference is super interesting. We had a long conversation about it. I was a Brownie drop out in the 70s. LOL.

Hi to everyone and I hope you have a wonderful fun filled Sunday.
Big hugs and much love.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a quick one from me too today. It’s hotter than hell here, typical when we have so much to do today.

I’m so glad you had a wonderful time with your family yesterday @missy, the girls are getting so grown up and I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to hear what wonderful women they’re growing in to. Gives me hope for the future. So much credit to you all for helping them become such considerate, kind human beings.

I’m so happy to hear that you had some good news with your bone density, all that hard work paying off, if anyone deserves it, you do.

I have just cleaned the inside of most of the windows, (the outsides were done during the week), but I’ve had to stop for a breather as I’m boiling. Kitchen units to do this afternoon, then I’m calling it a day. We’ve also managed to give away a few more things this weekend, just waiting for 2 collections now, one of them some of Dottie’s things :cry: But I want another dog to have the benefit of them, and Bertie doesn’t need them.

Other than that, trying not to melt!

Hope all the lovelies NIRDIS are having a good weekend, I think of you all even when I don’t have time to mention you specifically, big love and hugs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! :wavey:

Super smoky from the forest fires--worst day just when I thought it was to improve. Like pea soup fog--and stinky! Sad sad sad.

@missy glad to hear of your healthy weight gain and gains on the bone issues as well. Your pictures are lovely and glad to hear of your fun family time.

Busy working this week, need to do errands today. No cycling or fun stuff.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy how fun to spend tine with your family! That is good to hear your bone density has increased. You are a proactive and motivated patient and I totally believe all of your hard work and dedication has helped. Wishing you continued improvements. Your nieces are lovely young ladies. That sure have grown up.

@Slick1 oh no for a power outage. Hope you are doing well.

@Austina darn that it is so hot there. I hope it cools down. Nice to be continuing whittling down things and finding people to want or need them. Stay cool!

@canuk-gal I hate to hear the smoke is so bad there. We vary from mild to severe depending on wind direction. Come on rain! I hope your work week isn’t as busy as expected.

As you can tell from my “ewe” bug picture I took some macros. I saw it on a flower when I blew it up. I found a small fly on another one; blows up well. I’d say I have flower macros down pat. I may venture to the park with a lake in a while to try some landscape shots with the 35mm lens but right now it’s really sunny.

We took one of Marty’s clients to Colorado yesterday to get an MRI. While she was getting that done we went shopping and bought impulse useless stuff but at least the mini spatulas and new pot holders were something I felt I needed. Ha Ha. We picked her up when she was finished and then ate at our favorite steak house.

Last night we finished watching the last season of Bosch on Prime. Today I picked up groceries and lifted. I am down to one more batch of laundry. I took a few flower pictures and not much else. Marty grilled some filet and corn on the cob for us for lunch. He kind of forgot about it so one side of the filet were “blackened” ha ha but they didn’t taste bad; that side was just crispy. We had a brownie and ice cream for dessert.

When I was out front getting reading to take pictures of flowers I heard the garage door open so I stepped around the corner to take pictures of Marty - he accused me of trying to scare him to he’d curb one of his tires. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Monday.

@marcy that photo is fantastic. LOVE. Good on the groceries and laundry. I love corn on the cob. And of course brownie and ice cream. YUMMMMMM. Speaking of which yesterday was National Ice Cream Day. Which we celebrated wholeheartedly with Jimmy and his girlfriend. :) Thank you so much for sharing in my good news. Big hugs. How did Monday get here so fast?

@canuk-gal I am sorry about the smoky conditions and hope everyone is staying safe and it is cleaning up. Thanks for the lovely comment about my family GTG and my health. I hope this week has some fun activities in it and that work goes smoothly. Hugs to you.

@Austina thank you so much. It does give us hope for the future. If the next generation who are about to become young adults are half as kind and generous as my nieces there is hope for everyone. I am with you in not trying to melt though we have a one day reprieve but the heat returns tomorrow. Yay for getting so much cleaning etc accomplished. You are a go getter and before you know it you will be here with your son and DIL and I have no doubt if they have kids they will raise an amazing future generation too. Hugs.

@Slick1 have a wonderful week and I hope you are feeling well and having fun. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 enjoy a good week and soak up summer. We love summer. HUGS.

@Jemi (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))).

@sarahb I hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend and are having a sweet week.

@LLJsmom big hugs. Continued healing vibes and lots of love and support always.

@mrs-b sending continued healing vibes and lots of good wishes sweet friend. You are in my thoughts.

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful weekend and looking forward to a good week.

We had a very good day yesterday. We cycled, enjoyed ice cream with Jimmy and his girlfriend. Happy National Ice Cream day yesterday. And the temps were hot but manageable. J and S agreed about waiting til we go to a Broadway show due to the variants being on the rise. SO that was a relief they were completely understanding about postponing til we know we are safe to go. Today we are looking forward to cycling (it's supposed to be nice today and not too hot) and that's it. Hope everyone has a lovely Monday. Hugs to each of you.

Toasting to National Ice Cream Day with J and his girlfriend. They are each wearing a promise ring. I think it's sweet.

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 6.24.44 AM.png

Our ice cream. So good.
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 6.25.06 AM.png

and it was a gorgeous beach day.

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 6.23.54 AM.png

Happy Monday lovely ladies. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to share the news that my sister's and nieces new parrot who they rescued is doing so well. Backstory is she was found with an almost torn off wing that was black and blue and she was in bad shape. Long story short my sister decided to adopt her after she took care of her. And Olive (the parrot's name) is doing so much better thank goodness. Amazing what a little love and TLC and vet care can do.

zenaandolive.jpeg

oliveandzena.jpeg

That is love. :kiss2:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Hi missy, excuse me just barging into this thread. I think it's lovely how you ladies share, there's a lovely companionable feel and sometimes when I've time I drop in.

I just wanted to say that I also have bone density issues (it can go with being slim). My doctor told me that one of the best weight bearing exercises you can do is to simply jump on the spot for two minutes. It's so simple that I think it is worth incorporating into an exercise routine. All the best. It sounds like you are working hard on this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi missy, excuse me just barging into this thread. I think it's lovely how you ladies share, there's a lovely companionable feel and sometimes when I've time I drop in.

I just wanted to say that I also have bone density issues (it can go with being slim). My doctor told me that one of the best weight bearing exercises you can do is to simply jump on the spot for two minutes. It's so simple that I think it is worth incorporating into an exercise routine. All the best. It sounds like you are working hard on this.

Hi @Polished, It’s lovely to see you here. You are always welcome here. Thank you for the tip. I have been jumping every day though (and I will spare you the details) there is a complication. So I do it every other day. I’m sorry you have bone density issues too and I am glad you have a good action plan to improve your bone health. I appreciate you sharing your recommendations with me. ♥️

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Ah glad to hear. Yes I know all about trying to do one thing only to put something else out. We will persevere!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly-by posting....

Had my covid test yesterday, plus took a second, at home test, this morning. Negative. But whatever this is, I'm not fighting it off and it seems to be settling in my chest. Given the immunosuppressant drugs I'm on, this is a problem. Really hoping for improvement in the next 48 hours.

In the meantime, I'm feeling hot, tired and uncomfortable. I am seriously having a mask permanently attached to my face!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bucketloads of healing vibes to you @mrs-b and gentle (((hugs))).

Jemi

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
I am back on PS, just starting to catch up. There were some technical issues with my account, so I started over... as Jemi. I did not get kicked off! LOL

Austina, congratulations on getting closer to your remarkable goal! Incredible amount of work to get there.

Missy, great news about your bone health. You ARE so proactive it’s an inspiration. Especially the ice cream therapy.

Kiné (all grown up...see avatar) and I came back to the States for my daughter’s stateside C-section, ending our unintended 14 month “covid vacation” in France. Her baby was born one week ago ~ Mom and baby are doing great.

Happy Monday to All NIRDIs!
XX

Edited to say: hello mrs b. Sending you positive thoughts and hoping you feel better very soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome ”home”♥️ And Mazel Tov on the birth of your first grandchild. What a beautiful baby!
Hugs to you and Kiné. Handsome as ever. XOXO

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday nirdis!
@missy your nieces are sooo adorable! You can see the love through you to them and back! I'm really really happy to hear of your health improvements and I know they will continue. Hugs to toy and yes we are loving the summer! Long live summer!
@mrs-b you are in my prayers and I hope you are well soon. I am really sorry to hear about your back. You have your beautiful ring to look forward!
@Austina as usual you are running circles around us and I love it! You and Marcy give me my inner cleaning and organizing motivation!
Love and hugs to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday lovelies!

It hot, hot, hot again, yuk!

We’ve got a lot done today too, got up early and got on with it, then showered and cleaned ourselves up!

Oh @missy, I’m so glad to see how much improvement there’s been in little Olive (that was Colin’s Mum’s name). She looks so much better already, and :lol: to Zena being so tolerant. I wish I had the photos of Monty with Coco our little brown hamster, she used to run around and sit on Monty’s head and he would quite happily tolerate it and toddle round the house with her holding on like a little jockey:mrgreen: I’m glad that J & S are happy to wait a while before organising the theatre trip, it’s the sensible thing to do and yum to all that ice cream and good cycling weather.

It’s necessity rather than virtue @bling_dream19, we’ve got 3 realtors coming this week and potentially putting the house on the market next week, so we’re trying to get everything sorted out so that we’ll be able to get up in the morning and just do the bare minimum to keep the house presentable. Thankfully we’ve done all the major work in the last few months, so it should be relatively straightforward now.

Welcome back @Jemi How did little Monsieur Kine cope with the flight? Congratulations on the safe delivery of your grandchild, I’m sure your DD is happy it’s all over. Enjoy your Grandma duties and time spent with your loved ones.

Ugh @mrs-b sorry you’re still feeling so unwell, but yay it’s not Covid. We’re with you on the masks, all our restrictions have been lifted today, but we’re not going anywhere unmasked for the foreseeable future.

Wow your bug photo is so clear @marcy, it looks like some kind of wasp. :mrgreen: at Marty thinking you were putting the mockers on him and trying to get him to damage a tyre. It’s not useless impulse stuff, it‘s helping the economy:lol: That was really kind of you to help out Marty’s client and take them for an MRI.

Hi @Polished, welcome to NIRDIland.

I have washed and ironed 2 sets of bedding this morning, wiped down all the kitchen units, finished cleaning the inside of the windows and generally tidied things away. We’re having a break now as it’s just too hot to do anything other than sit under a shade. I’ll do more later when it cools down - hopefully.

Have a great Monday and take care :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaaaand all of a sudden - like - within half an hour - I suddenly lost my sense of smell and taste. Completely.

Going back to urgent care for the 'send out' test, rather than the rapid one.

Awesome.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologize for turning this into my own personal health blog. Just wanted to let you all know - dr told me, regardless of tests, he believes from my symptoms that I have covid and that the loss of taste and smell was the most reliable test they have - especially the manner in which I lost them - ie within an hour, rather that slowly as my nose blocked up (it isn't blocked).

So now, this. On top of every other bloody thing. I now have to self isolate for 10 days. To which I say - what's new?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh noooooooo @mrs-b, how unfair. I hope your symptoms don’t get any worse and you get through this and out the other side.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh noooooooo @mrs-b, how unfair. I hope your symptoms don’t get any worse and you get through this and out the other side.

Thanks @Austina. This just completely sucks the big one. I'm also really fuzzy in the head, so it's not like I can write - which is what I should be doing. Basically I'm just sitting here getting fatter and more out of condition.

>sigh<

Hopefully the loss of taste will compensate for the loss of exercise and I won't actually want to eat!

(...she said, hilariously...)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy yay for celebrating ice cream day, how could we not? Thank you about my pictures; I am having fun with my camera. Beautiful and fun pictures from your outing. I love the story about the parrot your sister and adopted and how cute are the pictures of Olive and Pug (not sure about your sister’s dog name but that is what comes to mind.

Hi @Polished glad you have found an exercise that helps with your bone density.

@mrs-b I sure hate to hear you probably have COVID - wishing you a speedy recovery from that. Big hugs to you!

@Jemi welcome back! Congratulations on the new baby. How exciting!

@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well.

@Austina how exciting to move to the have realtors come phase; I hope that goes well. Do you get “bids” from them and then decide which one to use? That could be a wasp; another flower had a small fly on. I didn’t notice either through the viewfinder. So true we did help the economy! You are way more ambitious than I; I don’t iron. It’s never been in my skill set - which turned out to be lucky for me - I ironed Marty’s military shirt once and only once - he had to redo it and never asked me again. All of a sudden he started dropping them off to be dry cleaned.

It was hot here today and smoky. I went to work and am just relaxing this evening.

Take care.
Marcy

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I'm not a regular on this thread, but I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you @mrs-b! Lots of love and healing vibes your way!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b you've been on my mind all day since I read your post. I'm praying for you to get through this quickly and easily. I hope your taste and smell returns quickly! Eating is such a joy. Hope you can rest and watch some movies and recover quickly! Healing thoughts are with you.
@marcy Your posts always make me smile!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@mrs-b dear sweet friend, I am so sorry and when you are up to chat please let me know. It is going to be OK but right now it sucks majorly. Good luck today and I hope you and Tim and Eleanor turn out to not have Covid and the (not rapid) test results coming back today are NEGATIVE. But in any case whatever you all have may it go away fast and your recovery be quick and full. Big healing hugs and lots of love.

@marcy thank you. Olive and Zena love each other. It is super sweet to see. And I just adore your gorgeous photos. I am sorry it is smoky and hot by you and I hope that clears soon. Our heat is back today. And then storms tomorrow. Summer. It's a mixed bag. Have a good day today. XOXO.

@Austina I hope your weather is cooling down, ours is heating up. I hope you accomplished all you wanted to yesterday. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 your posts are sunny and cheerful and you always bring brightness here. Thank you. XOXO.

@canuk-gal hope you are having a good week and all is well.

@Slick1 hugs and more hugs and hope you are enjoying a good week.

Hi @Dandi :)
And hi to everyone else.

We had an adventure yesterday. About 25 miles in we noticed a cracked back wheel rim which couldn't be fixed on the road. So we gingerly continued the trip but we turned around and since ice cream was on the way we got some haha. And Jimmy offered if we needed him to take us home on his trailer. So we had him as backup. As luck would have it we made it almost all the way home but then the back tire went totally flat a mile and a half away from home. So we walked the bike the rest of the way home. Thankful we did almost get home before it happened and that we didn't have to call Jimmy. Whew.

Ice cream. No matter what is going on we always make ice cream a priority :lol:
Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.41.28 AM.png

And a mile and a half from home the rear tire on the wheel with the cracked rim just gave out. It was a new tire too but that cracked rim was the cause. And there is no way to change a cracked rim on the road so we had to soldier on.
Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.39.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.39.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.39.18 AM.png

But overall it was a gorgeous day and the weather was cool and purrrrfect. Thank goodness this didn't happen on a super hot day. Speaking of purrrrfect here is another of the ferals we see on our cycling route. Isn't she gorgeous?

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.41.39 AM.png

Have a purrfect day and thinking of all you lovely ladies and sending good vibes. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some beautiful photos from our ride yesterday.
@rainwood autocorrect straightener didn't work on these 2 photos. Maybe too much happening on the horizon. So I had to eye it. Not sure they are purrrfectly (meow) straight though. I did my best!

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.52.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.52.53 AM.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!
@mrs-b oh noooo! I’m sorry! Hope you recover quickly and don’t feel too lousy!

@missy sorry you had a cracked rim. I’m sure Greg will fix it!! Hope you’re enjoying the riding and weather this week! Beautiful pics!! I’ll ask my Dr about the scan for bone porosity. I have an appt soon! Thank you. ❤️

Welcome back @Jemi
Hi to @Austina @MamaBee @bling_dream19 and @marcy ((hugs))

Quick reply since I have a breakfast date but wanted to share. I have put a deposit on a fur baby. I’ve missed Chase so much this past year. Truly something is missing in my life (I did grow up with a kennel). This lil guy came up on my FB feed (I’ve been following a few breeders) and he is available immediately too!! It was meant to be! He is coming from Oklahoma! He is a Phantom Miniature Poodle. They had the same color as Chase also but we decided that would be sad. Eight weeks old. This will definitely bring the kiddos around more often and that thrills me too!!
Here he is!! No name yet. He arrives Friday or Saturday!!
A9177292-C764-4926-8570-B6258F9FD09E.jpeg

Oh happy day! ❤️ Have a great day friends!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness @Slick1 I am so happy and excited for you. A new addition to your wonderful family. That is one lucky pup. ❤️

And I am glad you are getting a DXA and ask about a TBS with it. The DXA machine needs to have TBS software so ask before you go. That shows bone quality along with bone density. A more complete picture. Big hugs and Mazel Tov on your new family member!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@mrs-b, so sorry about your covid symptoms and I hope you recover quickly and are feeling better soon. Also sad to see that you are going to need such extensive surgery. Sending good thoughts and healing vibes to you.
@marcy, love your pictures, they're beautiful, even the bug pic lol. You're really getting the hang of your new camera. Very kind of you to take Marty's client for her test. Dinner afterwards was a nice way to end the day. I love small, inexpensive impulse purchases, they're fun!
@Austina, continued good luck on prepping the house for sale. I hope it sells quickly. I know it's a lot of work and can be stressful. It means it's another step towards your goal; you're getting there!
@Jemi, hi and welcome back! So glad you have been safe and well this past year. Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild, that is such wonderful news. Happy that mom and baby are doing well.
@missy, great news about the improvement on your bone health. Glad you had a good visit with your sister and her family. Your nieces look terrific and they are growing into lovely young women. Such sweet pics of Zena and Olive; so wonderful that she's in a loving home now, and with a vet to boot!
Hi @canuk-gal, I hope you have an easier work week and can fit some cycling in soon.
@Slick1, aw, congratulations on the new addition. He's adorable! He will bring you and your family so much joy. And yes, it's a great way to get the kids to come over LOL. Please post more pics when you get him.
@bling_dream, hope you're having a great summer so far.
@Polished, hi, and thanks for the tip! I will start looking for an appropriate song to jump to LOL. Maybe something from the 80's ha.

Not much new with me. Ds and his girlfriend are coming over on the weekend to celebrate his birthday. He's turning 29, wow. Dd is coming next week to have her car serviced so I'll get to see her too. I'm also seeing my two friends next week, and then dh and I are heading to SC. Hmm, just realized I'm going to be pretty busy next week lol.

Sending good thoughts to everyone, take care all!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latest update....

Tim went and got a rapid test and I got back my send-away test. All negative. So that makes 5 tests between the 3 of us - all negative.

So we're going to declare victory and say it's NOT covid - we all just have a cold. Interestingly enough, I feel the best of all three of us and today I woke with both my sense of taste and smell, which has continued as the day has progressed. My symptoms have decreased substantially overnight and I feel largely back to normal. Eleanor has been the most unwell and also had the highest fevers, tho that has passed and she's much better, tho still coughing and blowing somewhat.

Never has so much been written about 3 people having a head cold. Apologies to all who were concerned for us - these are crazy, stressful times.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results